Author Topic: Thought/speech bubbles not showing up in screenshots?  (Read 6065 times)

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Thought/speech bubbles not showing up in screenshots?
« on: September 03, 2015, 08:32:01 AM »
After taking screenshots for a while, I realized that the thought/speech bubbles weren't there. They are there in-game, but aren't showing up in the screenshots. I certainly never used the cheat to turn them off, but I did try turning the cheat on and off to see if it helps and it didn't. I'd really like to have the bubbles in some of my pictures. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Thought/speech bubbles not showing up in screenshots?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:53:03 AM »
Roxanne, if you go to Options>Gameplay>Camera Controls, you have the option to turn on UI Capture. Besides giving you the UI at the bottom of the screen, it will also show thought bubbles and conversation topics.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 09:04:14 AM »
Thank you for your response, Marian. I tried turning on UI capture, and they showed up, but I wouldn't like to have the UI in the screenshots since I'm using them for my story.  :-[

Is it not possible to have the bubbles, and not the UI? That's the way it was in the Sims 3.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 10:43:18 AM »
Use Tab to hide all the UI and try capturing using in game screenshot feature. If the bubble is not there, try using print screen instead and paste the image in paint or similar photo editing software. Most people actually want both the UI and the bubble hidden while taking the photo without using headline effects cheats so that's why they chose to hide the UI with the thought bubble too.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »
I see, thank you. :) I thought the problem was on my side as I remembered seeing photos on the forum with the bubbles and without the UI. Now, with a quick search, I couldn't find any. So, let me see if I got this correct, there isn't a way to get screenshots with the bubbles without the UI in the sims 4? Not without editing, right?

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 11:56:10 AM »
Yes no way without editing for what i know.

For editing, on pause,  you can make a screenshot with nothing (with tab) and one with UI and bubbles (in live.)
Printscreen does almost exactly the same as press C key. (copy your full screen in some temp. place but no save in your screenshot folder)

But you should not move the camera too, which is somewhat painful
To get closer (like to avoid walls or to get a better angle), you use TAB view.but when you switch back to UI view, it jumps.

magic stick selection in photoshop, artrage and other software... are quite powerful after that.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
Well, then, I hope EA brings it back. Maybe a tiny tickbox in the options menu to choose whether we want them. I don't think I have enough time to edit so many pictures.

Thank you all for your help.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 02:15:01 PM »
Since I always copy my screenshots into Paint before I upload them, I often crop them, which removes the UI.  Cropping them is pretty easy and fast.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 02:53:35 PM »
I miss the thought bubbles too, it would be nice to have the option of them remaining while in tab mode... often helps with the story if the thought bubble is there, but I refuse to edit 100's of photos to remove the UI just to have the thought bubble.  :-\ Telling a story takes long enough without having to edit all the screenies.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 02:57:36 PM »
@ ClayMask: I'll try that. Thank you. :)

@ Playalot: Yes. The bubbles help so much with the story sometimes. :)

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 04:23:48 PM »
Yeah I still think the best option is to hide only UI since they already included a cheat to disable thought bubble anyway. For a sim game, I understand sometimes we need those thought bubble to tell a different story.

anything