Author Topic: Omni Plant  (Read 34047 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Omni Plant
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 09:30:44 PM »
Absolutely mature. And it's been there for simweeks now while I am focusing on other stuff in the meantime. All it does is exist, feeding on my precious perfect life fruit while I am considering if I will remove the plant or not.

Try using the Check on Diet interaction.  Sometimes that will trigger the Feed interaction to become available.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 05:16:39 PM »
Try using the Check on Diet interaction.  Sometimes that will trigger the Feed interaction to become available.

Yes, done that. But with no success however. :( I guess we should wait for an EA update?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 08:00:59 PM »
Yes, done that. But with no success however. :( I guess we should wait for an EA update?

That's very strange, Leto.  Try planting more Omni plants and see if the new ones act the same way.  If you can order more seeds, that is.  There's a new bug that won't allow you to order Omni seeds from the mailbox now.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Leto85

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 03:22:01 PM »
That's very strange, Leto.  Try planting more Omni plants and see if the new ones act the same way.  If you can order more seeds, that is.  There's a new bug that won't allow you to order Omni seeds from the mailbox now.

But, how can I plant more plants if I can not order any plants though? I have no save file with seeds which I could clone. And I believe there is no other way to get the seeds though. Yes, it is strange. And now I've moved my sim to another town, he still can not order seeds.
Also did he lost a few Charisma related challenges. I am noting this because I find it strange and maybe you could connect this with the first problem.
I don't know how, but you may know more about this than I do.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »
I was hoping that you would be able to order more seeds, but if they can't be ordered at the mailbox, then you've got the same Omni seed but that everyone else seems to have.  I really don't know why you can't feed your Omni plants.  Let's walk through this one more time.  You have fully mature Omni plants.  When you click on them and select "Feed" nothing happens.  But you do get the option to Feed, right?  Maybe it's because you have a lot of things in your inventory.  For example, if you have 100 apples, the game is going to pull up each apple individually for you to choose one for the Omni plant.  It can take a very long time to pull up the inventory list if you've got a lot of stuff.  Maybe try cleaning your inventory out except for the things you want to feed the Omni plant.  Or have a lot of patience and wait a long time to see if the box eventually appears after you click Feed.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 01:16:56 AM »
I have around 10 or 15 omni plants and I notice after I harvest them, the feed option takes a while to come back.  I am not quite sure why, so when I am able to feed them, I will feed a few at a time and then harvest those and feed a few more, so I will always have some of them to harvest.  I am not quite sure why it is different in some games and some plants I have no problem with them, go figure.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline sdinger70

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 06:35:28 AM »
I checked with my gardener in SV last night and was able to order omni seeds through the mailbox. The ones he got from his opportunity chain he has planted and fed. If anything changes where he can't order/feed, I'll try and make a note of it and maybe a workaround can be figured out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 01:02:05 PM »
I was hoping that you would be able to order more seeds, but if they can't be ordered at the mailbox, then you've got the same Omni seed but that everyone else seems to have.  I really don't know why you can't feed your Omni plants.  Let's walk through this one more time.  You have fully mature Omni plants.  When you click on them and select "Feed" nothing happens.  But you do get the option to Feed, right?  Maybe it's because you have a lot of things in your inventory.  For example, if you have 100 apples, the game is going to pull up each apple individually for you to choose one for the Omni plant.  It can take a very long time to pull up the inventory list if you've got a lot of stuff.  Maybe try cleaning your inventory out except for the things you want to feed the Omni plant.  Or have a lot of patience and wait a long time to see if the box eventually appears after you click Feed.

I don't have a lot of stuff in my inventory. And I indeed see the option Feed when I click in the plant. Those many apples and stuff are in the 5 Star Chef refrigirator. But indeed I could try to empty it anyway just to see if this will fix it. But now you say it: for some reason it is mostly that stuff in your inventory can bug up your game. Wonder how.
I will get back on this. Notify this topic.

Offline Veldmuisie

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
On a related topic, how do you plant a perfect Omni Plant?  Do you just have to keep ordering the seeds until you receive one?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 03:59:26 PM »
On a related topic, how do you plant a perfect Omni Plant?  Do you just have to keep ordering the seeds until you receive one?

Yes.  The quality of the plant doesn't change once it's planted.  Whatever the seed quality is, that's what the plant quality will be.  The only time it's an issue, though, is when you're trying to maintain quality of fruits and vegetables.  Everything else duplicates at the original quality no matter the quality of the Omni plant.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »
I realize this is an old topic, but I just completed the omni plants chain for the first time and I received 3 seeds. I planted them and I have feed them books successfully. One day when I tried to use the feed option nothing happened, so I gave up and the next day it worked fine. But when I try to order new seeds she just stands by the mailbox and does nothing and the action goes away. I don't have any custom content and I'm patched to the latest patch. I have all of the expansion packs and all of the stuff packs. Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
That's a bug, Missa.  It started when Late Night came out.  Normally, you would order Omni seeds and they would arrive the next day.  Hopefully, EA will have it fixed soon.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 03:56:10 AM »
Just a question about the omni plant. Can we grow the following objects in it: gems, camera, music box?  Thanks!  :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 04:40:02 AM »
Just a question about the omni plant. Can we grow the following objects in it: gems, camera, music box?  Thanks!  :)

No to all three.  It can grow fish, produce, books, teddy bears.  I think that's all.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Leto85

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 06:46:41 AM »
No to all three.  It can grow fish, produce, books, teddy bears.  I think that's all.

Not even every book. I tried that with the books my sim got from his military career but they didn't grow.