Author Topic: Omni Plant  (Read 34054 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: Omni Plant
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »
Downside is, only sims with the omni plant oppertunity succeeded can work with those plants.
Are you sure that only Sims that have had that opportunity can feed/harvest omni-plants?
Because a Sim with any level of gardening can use the omni-plant at the Landgraab Science Facility.

Leto85

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »
Are you sure that only Sims that have had that opportunity can feed/harvest omni-plants?
Because a Sim with any level of gardening can use the omni-plant at the Landgraab Science Facility.

Now hold on a sec, you're absolutely right! Ones planted, the problems are out of the way finally.
Only problem is planting them. I never had planted a gardener sim without the proper oppertunity completed planted Omni Plants. Maybe they can, maybe they can not. I'm not sure about that yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 11:33:10 PM »
Anyone who has the seeds or the plants from buydebug can plant, grow and harvest omni plants.  Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it for my remodeling thing.  The guy that planted the omni plants was not one who had completed the challenge, yet he could plant and use the plants.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Leto85

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2011, 06:34:39 AM »
Anyone who has the seeds or the plants from buydebug can plant, grow and harvest omni plants.  Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it for my remodeling thing.  The guy that planted the omni plants was not one who had completed the challenge, yet he could plant and use the plants.

Aha, so the oppertunity only influences the oppertunity that you can get the seeds or it makes from that point available for your whole family to plant and grow omni plants.
If it is the first thing, does anybody know from which level it is possible to work with omni plants?

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:38 AM »
My first omni plant is of the "horrifying" quality even with outstanding fertilizers on it. What does that mean? If I feed it books, will it produce horrifying books?  ???

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »
My first omni plant is of the "horrifying" quality even with outstanding fertilizers on it. What does that mean? If I feed it books, will it produce horrifying books?  ???

The books will be fine.  Only if you feed it fruits and vegetables will the horrifying quality make a difference.

Aha, so the oppertunity only influences the oppertunity that you can get the seeds or it makes from that point available for your whole family to plant and grow omni plants.
If it is the first thing, does anybody know from which level it is possible to work with omni plants?

The game says you can plant Omnis at level 10.  I'm not sure if it can be done earlier.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »

Virtualize with perfect Life fruit and you will be fine in no-time. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »
The books will be fine.  Only if you feed it fruits and vegetables will the horrifying quality make a difference.

The game says you can plant Omnis at level 10.  I'm not sure if it can be done earlier.

I'm pretty sure if you are using buydebug plants you can plant anytime, but if it's seeds you at least have to be able to plant special seeds.   So that comes up when?  Level 5 or higher gardener?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Leto85

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure if you are using buydebug plants you can plant anytime, but if it's seeds you at least have to be able to plant special seeds.   So that comes up when?  Level 5 or higher gardener?

Level 7 and higher.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2011, 08:01:38 PM »
Yes, special seeds are level 7 or higher, but you can't get the opportunities to plant egg/cheese plants until level 8, and the steak/patty plants until level 9.  I'd lay money that to plant the omni plant you need to be level 10.  And while I can't say with 100% certainty, I believe I've had sims feed them after they were planted who weren't level 10.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
Unable to order more Omni plant seeds
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »
This is the first time I've tried (with Generations), so I'm not sure if it's something with Generations, or if this has happened to anyone before that EP came out. I click on the mailbox to "order omni plant seeds". The Sim goes to the mailbox and then just stands there while the action disappears from the queue. So, I only have the initial 3- 2 actually (I deleted the "horrifying quality" one of the 3), that I ordered when I finished with the opportunity.

So, does anyone have anything that may help? Thanks.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 06:26:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum, ejnarts.  I've merged your topic with an existing topic regarding omni plants.  A number of players have reported they couldn't order omni plants since Late Night came out and the patch that was released at that time.  

I believe you can get another omni plant through buydebug, but I don't think there's been a solution to the problem of not being able to order seeds.  The discussion on this is a couple of pages back in this thread, if you want to look at it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2011, 06:29:36 PM »
That is why when I tried to reply to this message, it said it said an error had occurred, lol.  Thought I was losing it.  I had basically said the same thing, that everyone has this problem and unfortunately, was not fixed with the last patch.  :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline ejnarts1

• Townie
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2011, 09:25:13 PM »
Thanks Schipperke. I've read the thread...glitch...figures.

Virtualize with perfect Life fruit and you will be fine in no-time. ;)

I'm assuming "virtualize" means fertilize?, but I wanted to be sure. I'm not sure if I was fertilizing with life fruit or not before I deleted the "horrifying" one (...thought that would allow me to order a new one), but the plant never changed quality. Does it change quality?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2011, 11:45:02 PM »
I'm assuming "virtualize" means fertilize?, but I wanted to be sure. I'm not sure if I was fertilizing with life fruit or not before I deleted the "horrifying" one (...thought that would allow me to order a new one), but the plant never changed quality. Does it change quality?

Yes, it's fertilize.  English isn't Leto's first language and he misses words sometimes.  And, no, an Omni plant does not change quality.  It stays at the same quality as when you planted it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."