Author Topic: Sims 4 - Organizing CC  (Read 7766 times)

Offline mydogthesenator

• Nooboo
Sims 4 - Organizing CC
« on: January 18, 2016, 06:40:50 PM »
Do you have or know of any threads with tips to help find items in build/buy mode. i have so much cc and sorting through it all is becoming a pain as there is no "collection folders". When ever i search for an item by name for example i'll type attraction to find all my attraction living room set items. But whenever i click on the searched item my search text disappears or changes to the exact name of the item. I then have to type attraction all over again. and ends up being a long process especially when i don't know the exact name or i have other stuff that matches that i can't find. There's no way to add items to a collection or something like that? or make the menu easier to sort my cc?  I don't know if that makes sense to you? i'm bad at explaining things.
Thanks for listening to me:)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Organizing CC
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »
The only thing you can do is make sub folders inside your mods folder. I know it's a pain and time consuming to do but it is the only way to manage CC. I keep mine in folders by creator and/or by what they are (eg. male tops, male bottoms, male hair etc) that way if things go wrong I can take out all my CC and introduce one folder at a time to figure out which folder has the 'bad' CC.

There some good tips here on how to manage CC. As far as I am aware EA doesn't support CC to the extent of the search tool. That's why you really need sub folders.

Once you have spent the time organizing your CC you will find it so much easier to manage. I had to literally scroll through page after page on the mods sites trying to find all my items the first time I did this. I won't ever let my CC become unorganized again as it took me hours!

It's really tricky to find in-game at times because it often is placed under a normal game item in the menu like a color option.

I'll move this to the Mods and CC thread and you can carry on asking questions if you need to.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mydogthesenator

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 09:17:11 PM »
thanks  :D
subfolders in my mods folder do not show up in game though, correct?
it's just to keep myself organized so it's easy to find broken cc or update mods .. etc. ?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 11:17:44 PM »
There's no way that I know of to make a collection in the Sims 4 like you could in Sims 3.
But one thing that might help some is when you do your search for items after you type in the name or part of the name instead of clicking on one of the items in the list click on the top box that says Text Search For:
That will show you all the items of that name as the results. I hope that makes sense. I was planning to show some pictures as an example but Photobucket is acting up on me and want let me upload the pics. :(

Edit:Photobucket finally let me upload the pics.

Say I was looking for a item but didn't know the full name but know it had "air" in the title. I would go to the search box and type in air then click where it says Text Search For: air

That would then show all items meeting that search and giving me access to them all until I change to a different category.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 04:05:24 PM »
@mydogthesenator With today's patch they added a filter to to just show custom content. In CAS when set the filter to custom content it shows your custom clothing and also shows unlocked clothing like from careers as being custom content. And the custom content has a wrench icon in the upper left corner to help it stand out when not filtering items.
I can't say how it works in build/buy mode as I don't have any custom items to test it. Maybe someone else can say how well it works there.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline mydogthesenator

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 02:25:24 AM »
thank you so much! you didn't have to go to all that trouble. I really appreciate it! yes i understand what you're saying. it did not occur to me to click the top, so thanks! that's so helpful.
I am currently downloading the new patch. hoping that spicy food reactions are fixed too :P