Author Topic: Size of UI can be changed  (Read 8713 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Size of UI can be changed
« on: March 11, 2016, 02:01:03 AM »
So recently the size and placement of the UI has been driving me crazy! Mostly the 'new' relationship bit at the top center of the screen. Normally I don't notice the UI but I've honestly felt like I am looking 'around' it trying to see what my sims are up to. So I went on a search to figure out how to make it smaller.

Long story short:

Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Options file> uiscale =100   

The Options File is presented in rich text format... looks like a text file which opens with notepad.
I'm assuming 100 is the normal setting for my screen resolution which is 1920x1080 as that was what it was set at before I changed it.

So I change the '100' to '120' as the larger the value the smaller the UI appears in your game. I'm now a happy simmer again and can see a lot more of the screen!

Important Note:

Remember to quit your game before going into the files. Changing the UI scale size can cause paint by reference paintings to be blank and for some emotional painting auras to not work as normal. It can also cause issues with the photography skill. Changing the UI back to your computers default will cause this issue to not happen again and will allow emotional painting auras to return.
*Edited: This seems to be fixed with Update: 06/15/2017 – PC Version 1.31.37.1020 / Max Version 1.31.37.1220
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Size of UI can be changed
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 09:35:18 AM »
Thanks for this, that's a nice find. Like you it seems I was always trying to move the camera around so sims weren't behind the relationship box at the top of the screen.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Size of UI can be changed
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 02:37:16 PM »
Cool, glad that helped you. I'm loving the newly sized UI. So much better for seeing the game now instead of watching the UI!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything