Author Topic: Mod request: Require Variety  (Read 1613 times)

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
Mod request: Require Variety
« on: May 07, 2016, 12:04:17 PM »
If I set every Sim in my household to have "autumn salad" as their favorite meal, I can simply serve autumn salad once two a day (for a household of four) and have them eat the autumn salad twice a day (even without the Hardly Hungry LTR, they only need about two meals a day, anyway, not three), and I'll consistency get the maximum moodlet.

If I have a toddler, I don't need to buy lots of toys for him; I just need to have him play with or sing to the doll that comes in the mail, that eventually turns into an imaginary friend. He'll keep his social and fun motives at maximum.

This is completely unrealistic. When I was a kid, I got bored if I played with the same toys over and over and over again. Even to this day, the same video games eventually deteriorate in how much fun I have playing them.

Same thing with food, too. I love pizza, but one time, when I tried eating pizza over and over and over again, I eventually got to the point where I could taste the salt inside the cheese, and the pizza stopped tasting so good.

What's baffling here is that the game already knows how to penalize you for doing the same things over and over again. Specifically, in socializing. If I select "chat" or "get to know" over and over again, the other sims will get bored of me. Of course, that can still be remedied by just selecting "chat" or "tell a joke," followed by "get to know,' in sucession. With every even-numbered interaction being "get to know," I can learn traits fast and reset the "Sims getting bored with you" counter very time. It's just too much of a cheat.

I'd like to see a mod that forces you to give your sims variety. You get tired of reading the same books, playing the same video games, dancing to the same songs, eating the same foods. The moodlets the food provides, and the rate at which your fun meter increases, would gradually be less and less until it eventually stops increasing the fun meter/providing a moodlet altogether (though playing with the same toys would keep the fun meter from going down).  "Favorite" food/toys/games, etc., would loose effectiveness slower than regular, but even they wouldn't last forever.

And the more these objects have lost effectiveness, the more you'll have to weight for their hidden "effectiveness" meters to recharge.

Anyone feel like adding that?

Offline TonyTajiri

• Honorary Owner of Jeff the City
  • Llama Wrangler
Re: Mod request: Require Variety
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:08:13 PM »
I would really like to see a mod like this.  I'd recommend bringing this to the ModTheSims forums, as someone with the knowledge could make this into a real mod.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline acerthorn

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Mod request: Require Variety
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 03:14:26 AM »
I would really like to see a mod like this.  I'd recommend bringing this to the ModTheSims forums, as someone with the knowledge could make this into a real mod.
I've already tried that. They don't allow requests for mods that don't already exist.