Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 166024 times)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #525 on: March 10, 2017, 03:25:14 PM »
You're crazy, Francesca :)

But if this isn't the most perfect thing I've ever seen!
Look at all the awesome facial expressions you captured!  I especially like Wendell covering his face with his hands, almost horrified about the sushi murder threat.

And it's Waiting for Godot :)

It's amazing!  Don't worry, I don't think anyone is going to feel the need to run off with Sofia.  I think you're good.  Nothing to apologize for, really.  The hipsters shall forgive you.  Maybe they're a little annoying, sometimes!  Maybe, sometimes, they deserve a little poking at! 

I agree with oshizu on your excellent photo editing and sepia tones.  I love the way you dressed them up, too.

Officially my favorite post.  Wendell, wildly handsome as usual.
+10 cool points, Francesca
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #526 on: March 10, 2017, 03:36:40 PM »
@wfgodot
Odd that you mention that! I thought the post was a portrayal of "Waiting for wfgodot"?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #527 on: March 10, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »
@wfgodot
Odd that you mention that! I thought the post was a portrayal of "Waiting for wfgodot"?

Couldn't be, I actually showed up didn't I!
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #528 on: March 10, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »
Ack! @oshizu No! *snatches dunce cap off head*

Girl, if the post were directed at you, I would have used this picture:

I love your comments; positive, negative, or otherwise. Please never hold back.

Someone take this shovel away from me before I dig myself even deeper!

@wfgodot I'm glad you enjoyed this. I was afraid I was a little over the top, but of course that didn't stop me. Now, what to spend my cool points on  . . . ? Hmmm.

@ everyone else:  No more meta-posts! I promise!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »
Oh my lawd, it's like the Spiffendale version of the BTS number "Blood, Sweat, and Tears"! *cries tears of joy

And, tell me that is not Morris sitting in front center!? *swoons
Otto is totally rocking that white vampire suit and will add that to his wardrobe for special occasions, I hope.
Dear Thad makes any outfit look good (even the L10 Tech Guru turtleneck...)
And do I see Wendell standing behind Morris!?  o.O

By the way, I clicked on the above image for a close-up and ended up at your Photobucket album.
Do you remember ever flipping through cards to emulate animation?
I flipped through your WfG/Beckett images several times because it looked like a silent film of Thad and Wendell. So adorable!

I dearly hope you will grace us with your sim-based theatrical adaptations every so often...

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #530 on: March 11, 2017, 05:55:36 PM »
I didn't mean to stress you out about that word ;-D but, I think you'll be fine with an asterisk to let people know more about the word. I also read that the word originates from the Arabic kaffir, which means non-believer (any Arabic speakers out there? Is that true?) And if that is true then probably 80% of us are the k-word (note with a small k not a K). It's amazing how certain cultures (predominantly us Caucasians) can take a perfectly normal word/symbol/whatever and turn it into something that people are ashamed to say/do/use. At the risk of using another taboo word, it's like cultural-rape, which is a whole different soap-box for me to get off of lol I absolutely love this story, and I'm sad I made you doubt even one single word of it. I mean, it's not as if you used it in the malicious sense of the word. It was a culinary term that is freely available wherever you may look for descriptions of lime variants! So rest easy my friend! I don't think they're going to send the SAPS* or The Hawks** after you ;-) and, 'cause I know my humour sometimes falls a bit flat, I meant that as a joke ;-D or did I?!?! *Sinister laughter

*South African Police Service
**The Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #531 on: March 13, 2017, 02:51:23 PM »
@oshizu Yes! Rupert Everett was born to do Oscar Wilde. He's so perfect in that movie! And, yes, I've run out of hipster stereotypes, so Thad will go back to his normal, adorable self now, but gets to keep his cool glasses as a souvenier. :) I'll have to go back and add in the special outfits for Wendell and Otto since you like them so much. :)
Yes, I turned the Spiffendale men into a boy band. CAS was really confused about the genetics when I made them all teenagers. Exclamation points everywhere! It was worth it, though. That shot was so much fun to set up!

@Alex Excellent idea about the grilled cheese pictures! I'm totally doing that. Nothing sets the mood better than some hot, steamy cartoon sammies! :)

@wfgodot Mmmm. Cheesy, buttery steam. Yes! I actually made grilled cheese for my kids this weekend and they devoured it. Made me think of the forum. :)
I'm mad about Salma coming back, too. I mean, you try to build a narrative and then the game just swaps butlers on you! I'd like to file a bug report with EA, but I'm pretty sure nobody other than me cares about this issue at all. :)

@Magpie2012 I'm not stressed, I'm just really grateful to you for clueing me in on that word's alternative meanings. Hawks, huh? Scary! Please do not sic them on me! Yikes!

Chapter 120:  The Short List

Pernille:  Oh, Diego! What an absolutely rapturous pleasure to meet you!

Morris:  Pernille, I’m going to need you to back off tout suite.

Pernille:  What? We could use a little drama around here.

Diego:  So uncomfortable right now.

Morris:  Tell you what, want to officially become my boyfriend right here and now so that certain people can stop getting ideas into their heads?

Diego:  I’d be delighted, Morris darling. To be honest, the suspense regarding the status of our relationship was driving me batty. Now we can settle into a comfortable domestic bliss.

*Morris pops a whim to marry Diego. Watcher pins it even though it is impossible because d’aaaawwww*

Morris:  Okay, is this romantic or just weird?  Is this what I signed up for with the whole domestic bliss thing because . .  . ?

Yogatown

Population:  Everyone

Watcher:  Beds too mainstream for you?

Thaddeus:  Don’t start that again.

Watcher:  You’re right. You’re right. Sorry. Carry on.

Arianna:  You’re late again, Otto.

Otto:  And you still haven’t put in a bathroom down here. I’m telling you, one day you’ll need it!

Arianna:  The time is drawing near, dear ones. The hour of battle approaches. Just one more cycle shall find us gathered here again to dine on the food of the gods. But save your strength! Rest now, but be poised to spring the moment you see the whites of their eyes!

Thaddeus:  Is Grandma A getting creepy?

Otto:  It’s a little creepy, Gram. You may want to dial it back a few notches.

Arianna:  The whites of their bloodshot eyes!

Wendell:  Last one does the dishes!

Otto:  Aw, man!

Arianna:  The end of the ambrosia. One more full meal, plus one for Cressida, plus three to spare!

Morris:  Maybe we should resurrect someone with the leftovers! That could be fun. Which three people, though?

Arianna:  I’ll start making a short list and get back to you.

Otto:  You know, Diego, now that you’re here all the time I’m beginning to realize how attractive you are. That robe is totally working for you.

Diego:  *sigh* Everybody wants some Lobo. It’s a curse!

Watcher:  Okay we’re at the restaurant, and now suddenly Houda’s back. Hi Houda! Nice job on the vanity. It positively sparkles!

Morris:  Nice work at the restaurant today, honey! I think we might make it back up to five stars pretty soon, despite the abysmal new staff.

Cressida:  Thanks, Grampa Morris, but I’m pretty sure this shot is just to show off my cool tights. Sleep tight, I’m heading off to Sixam to look for crystals!

Morris:  Night, dear!

Cressida:  Well, this is fun! I’ve never been mean to anyone in space before!

Alien Lady:  Step off, fancy tights! You’re awfully cocky for someone who’s going to run out of oxygen in about 30 seconds!

Cressida:  Space suits are for losers!

Tallulah:  That’s right. Walk it back home, there, mister! You know we’re doing this for you, right? Go work on your fitness skill!

Morris:  The club meeting started autonomously! I couldn’t help it!

Tallulah:  Sure, sure. Keep walking. Actually, you should probably jog.

Morris:  *grumbles*

Jacob the Waiter:  Tada! A meal to literally die for!

Customer:  Oh! Just . . .one . . . bite! Darn it! I made this reservation over a year ago!

Arianna:  Well, I don’t know why you’re all looking at me like that. She wasn’t exactly going to eat it, and there’s no sense being wasteful.

Arianna:  How’s it going, friend? Nice to see you. Want an espresso while you’re here?

Grim Reaper:  Nah. I’m good. Me and beverages don’t go very well together. Appreciate the offer, though.

Arianna:  All right, then. Bar’s upstairs if you change your mind.

Watcher:  Ugh. Stand up so I can see if the off-site fitness-building is working. I want to see if you’ve lost weight.

Morris:  *Browses web*

Morris:  Okay, more of this. That’s fine. I don’t really mind. Breaks up the monotony a bit.

Grim Reaper:  Oooh! Nice form! Watch out for his elbow!

Cressida:  Oof! Thanks, man! I appreciate the support!

Otto:  Why are we fishing again? I thought we were done with this!

Arianna:  Well, I figured a full extra serving of ambrosia was better than just three. Plus, Morris and I can’t agree on our short list of people to resurrect with the extras, so we need to pad it a little.

Cressida:  Beat it, crop top! These fishing spots are taken! No room for you here! Go find your own place!

Crop Top:  But I fish here every day. You guys only come around every once in awhile and there aren’t any fishing spots in “Not in World”-

Cressida:  I don’t want to hear your life story, lady! All I want from you is the sight of your back moving swiftly away from me, got it?

Crop Top:  Ugh!

Cressida:  It is just so fantastic to be me, I cannot even tell you.

Thaddeus:  Cressida, you don’t have to be so rude! I’m getting a little tired of people complaining to me about my daughter turning our neighborhood into her own personal rumble pit!

Cressida:  Daddeus! I do not even want to hear it!

Thaddeus:  But-

Cressida:  Uh-uh!

Thaddeus:  I just-

Cressida:  No!

Thaddeus:  Alll I-

Cressida:  Zip it!

Thaddeus:  Your-

Cressida:  SHOOSH!

Thaddeus:  What if-

Cressida:  END OF DISCUSSION!

Watcher:  Oof. Sorry, Otto. Better get you to a mirror before you die of embarrassment. Oh, wait . . . you’re shameless. So you don’t even really mind, do you?

Otto:  *Is totally fine*

Watcher:  Well, all right then. I will not rush to send you home from fishing to empty your bladder, anymore. Gross, but convenient.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #532 on: March 13, 2017, 05:36:35 PM »
Lol, those Spiffendale Immortals need a new hobby!
If even Pernille and Otto are hitting on Diego, I don't want to think about what Tallulah would do around Diego!
I see Otto has been practicing his pick-up lines, hahaha.

Cressida and the alien lady are too funny. The aliens must be scared stiff of Cressida--I notice they've stopped wearing your CC!

Oooh, I want to see if Morris is gaining Fitness. He must be looking good, though, if the Pollinator Technician wants to check him out, right?
Awww, no, Cressida. Please don't be mean to our adorable Thaddeus! Anyone but him! (and Morris...)

Weird stuff going on with your butlers! So nice to see Morris and Diego together again!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #533 on: March 14, 2017, 07:27:43 AM »
That's a cool shot of all your ambrosia lined up and hidden away from everyone's reach.  I really love that they're still fishing in consideration of bringing a few people back to life.  Obviously Akito tops my list.  Yours too, right?  Oh yeah, and Mallory, I guess :)

Anyway, I really enjoyed Otto getting a little spotlight this time around (but don't think I didn't miss hearing from Wendell).
Houda's back!  Noooooo, I miss Salma!  Why are these butlers toying with our emotions? 

I loved Tallulah telling Morris to get home and work on his fitness.  Nay, jog.  Yes, you must tell us if his skill is actually going up from this.

But definitely, my favorite part - and I couldn't stop laughing - was the poor lady dying as the waiter brought her food.  And that she'd made the reservation a year ago, and it finally came, and just before that delightful bite... x)  And then of course, Arianna swooping in to take the plate!  As everyone around her gasps in horror, hands over their mouths.

And of course, Otto in the end, and your realization that he could literally just sit out there and wet himself, and continue fishing :)
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #534 on: March 14, 2017, 01:30:55 PM »
@oshizu Yes! CC-free aliens! Such a relief! Tallulah hasn't shown any interest in Diego, yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
In fairness to Cressida, Thaddeus was mean first. He has not learned his lesson yet.
No visible progress on Morris's tummy yet, but I'm still working on it.

@wfgodot I'm so glad you enjoyed the restaurant death scene. :) I keep thinking nothing else interesting in going to happen in this file, and then the game hands me something like that.
Yeah, Mallory is number one, but after that there's so many people I'd bring back if I could! Akito, Jorge, Betty, Eduardo . . . the list goes on and on. I'm going to have to really think about it.
I've got a little Wendell coming up for you this chapter. :)

Chapter 121:  Friendship is Magic

Wendell:  Good book, am I right?

Houda:  It’s . . . educational.

Wendell:  Mmmhmmm. Sure. I’ve read it. I know about the appendices.

Houda:  *blushes*

Grim Reaper:  Heh heh heh. One less for you guys!

Watcher:  Jerk.

Cressida:  Okay, is it just me, or have the bladder failure puddles gotten bigger? This seems excessive.

Watcher:  I see that thought bubble. Stop thinking about babies, girl! You’re breaking my heart! You do this like ten times a day! Just stop!

Cressida:  And your down vest is clearly inappropriate for the weather to- Wait a minute! You know the secret handshake?

Alien:  Of course!

Cressida:  Oh. Well. I don’t really want to beat you up, anymore.

Alien:  Sorry about that. It’s still early, though. You can probably find someone else.

Cressida:  Yeah, I’m sure you’re right. Thanks, man. You’re a real stand-up dude.

Alien:  I do my best.

Cressida:  Okay, well. Catch you around Sixam.

Alien:  Probably not. You’ve got a bit of a reputation there.

Cressida:  Oh right! I forgot about that! *laughs*

Morris:  Okay, Mom? See this thing happening with my neck? This is what happens when you talk to me while I’m cooking. Could you maybe give it a rest? Or just hang on a minute?

Arianna:  But I’ve had the most exciting day! I want to tell you about it!

Morris:  Yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s not true. None of our days are exciting, anymore. If you got to evolve a plant, that’s not newsworthy.

Arianna:  No, that wasn’t it! It was important! I got to evolve a- You know what? I’m not telling you now. You don’t get to know.

Morris:  I'm heartbroken.

Wendell:  Well, hello pretty lady. Do you think I could nudge that 3 of yours up to a 4 with a free dessert?

Lady who Rejected Otto Hardcore on Ladies’ Night:  I suppose it depends on what you’re serving.

Wendell:  How about I just give you a little bit of everything?

Chef:  A little less innuendo in the dining room, please!

Waitress:  I mean, right?

Morris:  Pernille, I’m curious. Why are you always trying to make your own meals when I provide a bounteous repast fit for royalty every single day of our lives?

Pernille:  Well, the thing is, Grampa Morris, I’m a Stoves and Grills Master, so it just seems like a waste not to use a stove or grill every now and then.

Morris:  That’s odd. I thought Stoves and Grills Master was one of my unique rewards.

Pernille:  Oh, it is! I have no idea how or when I got it. The best I can figure is, since it’s right next to Potion of Youth on the list of rewards, one day we were buying a bunch of youth potions and somebody’s finger slipped.

Morris:  Huh. So we would have failed this dynasty even if Mallory hadn’t died.

Pernille:  Yup. And it could have failed long before that, too. It’s just that we didn’t notice until we were looking for unique rewards for Cressida. But, I mean, it’s a pretty lame way to fail a dynasty, so . . .

Morris:  Yeah.

Pernille:  Chips?

Morris:  No.

Pernille:  I think we did that backwards.

Thaddeus:  *sigh* I miss Akito.

Cressida:  What about me doing the peepee walk made you think of that?

Thaddeus:  Um . . . nevermind.

Cressida:  So . . .games.

Friend:  I know! They’re great!

Cressida:  Yes, my favorite part is the . . . camaraderie we share. Together. As good friends.

Friend:  Oh, we’re not good friends yet. Just regular friends.

Cressida:  Seriously? We’ve been playing this nonsense game for hours! Can we get a move on?

Friend:   . . . ?

Cressida:  I mean, set ‘em up again, buddy mine! Friendship is magic! Just like those ridiculous irritating ponies say!

Friend:  Hooray!  My favorite is Apple Jack. Which one do you like?

Cressida:  Um . . . the one who likes parties?

Friend:  They all do!

Cressida:  And has nice hair?

Friend:  On horses it’s called a mane!

Cressida:  Yup. Friendship. Loving it.

Cressida:  Now the logs have fallen. I acknowledge that this is a thing that has occurred.

Friends: Set it up again!

Cressida:  Huzzah.

Diego:  Okay, so remind me who this guy is again?

Morris:  That’s Daichi! I asked him to join Upper Echelon!

Diego:  Okay, while I admire his daring in taking on that Sergeant Pepper jacket . . . are we sure he’s UE material?

Morris:  Well, he’s a snob, and he’s a pretty decent bartender.

Diego:  That’s not all, is it? You’re holding out on me, Morris.

Morris:  Well, he can turn into a bat at will.

Diego:  Okay, I admit it. That’s cool. He can stay.

Morris:  I knew you’d see things my way!

Arianna:  Well, I’m still not exactly enjoying it, but I think I can distinguish a tune this time. If I keep following these absurd whims surely I’ll eventually be able to play this thing without cringing.

Pernille:  So good pep talk, am I right?

Jacob the Waiter:  I mean . . . yeah? I’m just a little distracted by the woman walking through your arm.

Lady:  PHOTOBOMB!

Pernille:  Okay, do you mind? I’m trying to inspire and motivate my staff here.

Lady:  I’m still here! Ruining this picture!

Jacob:  Okay, that was funny. You got it, Ms. Spiffendale. I’ll step it up for the rest of this shift. I promise.

Pernille:  All right, fine.

Lady:  Now I’ll eat standing up so no one can check on me and try to improve my rating!

Watcher:  Oh, naturally you’re buddies with Sir Chilipepper.

Lady:  Oh, you like the decor? I think it’s only so-so. I’d stick with your three rating, honestly. I’m just not impressed with this place.

Sir:  Well, I was going to bump it up to a four, but you’ve changed my mind.

Watcher:  I really don’t like this chick.

Morris:  And the firmament will open, and fine cuisine rain down upon our customers, sweetly described by your honey lips, and served with unmatched grace!

Waitress:  Now, that’s an inspiring pep talk! No offense to your granddaughter, Mr. Spiffendale, but you really take inspirational speeches to a new level.

Morris:  I know! It’s a good thing I stopped working on my fitness and came to the restaurant for an unscheduled club meeting. This place would be a shambles without me.

Waitress:  Oh, and I think your pot belly is cute.

Morris:  Careful, now! My handsome ghost boyfriend is very jealous and could pop out of a vase or light fixture at any moment!

Waitress:  Oh, Mr. Spiffendale. You’re so cute!

Morris:  Your funeral, dear.

Cressida:  Okay, note to self:  never summon grilled cheese while stressed. Results are severely disappointing. Further note to self:  try summoning grilled cheese in all possible moods to test for subtle distinctions in flavor.

Watcher:  What’s the matter, Lilith? Don’t like garlic? Or are you just disappointed that no one is awake to be welcomed to a random club you’re in?

Lilith:  I sense that I’m being mocked by an unseen presence. I’m going home.

Chef:  Yes! Yes! I can see it! You’re right, Mr. Spiffendale! The sky really is the limit!

Morris:  Good! Now, cook, my girl! Cook as if your life depended upon it!

Chef:  I will! Oh, Mr. Spiffendale! It truly is an honor to prepare food in your presence.

Morris:  Tell me something I don’t know!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #535 on: March 14, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »
What, a Tuesday update :)
Grim catching the angelfish x)

That does look like an incredible sized puddle for a bladder accident.  Who did that.
LOL you seem almost relieved that you might have failed this dynasty anyway because of a finger slip?  I guess it makes Mallory's mishap not so bad.  Better to fail in the way you did, I guess. 
I really loved that Thaddeus thought of Akito as their lovely rump.. I mean daughter... inches past.

When Cressida is playing with the friends, I almost did a double take.  If it wasn't for the hair color, he could be Akito from behind!  The hairstyle, the tan skin, the shirt.  Then I saw the earrings.

Oh, Morris, you do give the best pep talks.  Wendell's pictures are wonderful.  I love him bugging Houda about her reading.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #536 on: March 14, 2017, 03:22:07 PM »
Wait, was it Cressida's peepee walk that reminded Thaddeus of Akito or dat booty?
Speaking of Akito, Cressida's Don't Wake the Llamas friend looked like a blonde Akito in that denim shirt, but with darker skin.

And isn't Cressida on a friendship campaign? I wanted her to befriend alien boy...
By the way, does the Llama game build friendship well?
I noticed during a Social Butterfly aspiration last year that my child sim couldn't do chat socials until after the game ended, so I wrote it off.
How does it compare to, say cloud/stargazing? I guess I'm way too impatient.

Wendell and his innuendos in the restaurant--customers must be lined up for a mile outside!

Morris sneaking away from home for another unscheduled club meeting!
And as Team Morris (but I'd also like to join the Thaddeus Fan Club, if I may), I must agree with the waitress. No one can match Morris' inspirational speeches!

As for annoying customers in general, I wish we had options like "Refuse service," Ask to sit down," "Ask to leave," and "Ask to pay then leave"!!!
Could a watched vampire sim come along and command that sim to sit down?
(Love the uniforms of your wait staff!)

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #537 on: March 15, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »
So that's why Grim's always hanging around fishing spots - he's pinching all the angelfish. I'd been wondering why he couldn't think of anything better to do, but that explains it.

I'm curious about the friendship-gain-rate from Don't Wake the Llama as well. I've stopped buying it, but only because the set takes up so much space.

Poor Cressida and the baby thought bubble :(. Being the final generation must suck. Although Spawn of Cressida sounds like very scary news for the rest of the world, so maybe there's a plus side?

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #538 on: March 15, 2017, 08:00:16 PM »
@wfgodot Yeah! Tuesday update! And Wednesday! I'm going for a four or five post week. Woot! That was Tallulah's puddle. She seems to have a weak bladder. She's always dark red when she wakes up in the morning. Poor Cressida ends up mopping because she fixes most of the broken plumbing these days and mops up afterward, then automatically goes to the other puddles in the house. :/
Yeah, it would have been even more painful to realize I'd failed because of a finger slip. In a way, Mal did me a favor. If I'm going to go out, I want it to be dramatic!
Glad you enjoyed the Thad-Cressida exchange. The peepee walk really brings out her resemblance to Dadkito. ;)

@oshizu Oh, it was definitely dat booty. Her pose just emphasized it. :) Cressida is indeed on a friendship campaign, she's just not enjoying it as much as her campaigns of violence and mayhem.
I'll have to do some more testing, but Don't Wake the Llama throws up a surprisingly regular amount of green plus signs. I think it might even be as good as cloudgazing, and frankly, it's more interesting to watch. Plus, works with multiple sims at once!
Morris is fighting his fitness regimen hardcore. Sometimes he throws three unscheduled club meetings in a single shift at Echelon. I'm afraid his tummy is here to stay.
I would pay good money for a few customer-directing socials. "Please have a seat," would be so, so useful. Then again, I used to wish I could say "please pay, then leave" to customers back when I was a waitress, and it wasn't ever allowed. Maybe we need, "Clear table of everything including salt shakers," or "nudge check meaningfully," or "Exaggerated sigh." Those were my usual tricks. :)
I'm glad you like the uniforms. Both waitresses are active, so they almost never wear them and end up serving in their jogging suits, but oh well.

@Alex Yup! We've found the source of the angelfish shortage! See my reply to oshizu about Don't Wake the Llama, but I've found it to be pretty darn good for friendship building!
Cressida's thought bubbles kill me. I'm going to have to take her into her own file at some point and give her and Aditya a second chance. She doesn't give off a very maternal vibe, but the thought bubbles don't lie!

Chapter 122:  The Long, Dark Teatime of the Soul

Watcher:  Just hang tight, Houda. We’ll travel to the restaurant as soon as Cressida heads off to work. So, in like, five hours. You’re good, right?

Morris:  Paradise, am I right? An excellent Granny Smash, and my impeccable Granny-Smash-Colored boyfriend. This dynasty can go on forever as far as I’m concerned.

Diego:  Honestly, I’ve seen paradise, and this is vastly superior. The conversation there is just asinine and the decor is the embodiment of an eye roll. Fluffy white everything. Ugh. Give me a little Art Deco revival with a splash of New Wave and I’m a much happier boy scout.

Morris:  I love you.

Diego:  Mutually, Morris dear. Mutually.

Cressida:  Very Inspired Grilled Cheese is sadly still normal quality. Oh, well. I will eat this, nonetheless, in the name of science.

Wendell:  Chi Behr! Still rocking hard from the afterlife, I see!

Chi:  Hey, when Salma the Sometimes-Butler invites you out to a dance party, even at 10 a.m., only a fool says no.

Wendell:  You ain’t kidding!

Wendell:  Catherine, darling! It’s been too long! Want to try a little flirting? Eh?

Catherine:  I don’t know. You still haven’t broken up with Erika, and I’ve been hearing a lot of rumors about what’s on the “special dessert menu” at Echelon. I might not forgive you for that right away.

Wendell:  Hey. What can I say? When you’ve got this much Wendell going on, you have to spread it around a little. I can’t just keep it to myself!

Catherine:  *eyeroll*

Tallulah:  Hey there, handsome. How’d you like to enchantingly meet me?

Dimitri:  Oh ho ho!

Tallulah:  Can I offer you a . . . .wait, wait. Hang on. Checking the mental family tree here . . . NOPE! You’re my great-grandfather. Nevermind. Shut it down! Shut. It. Down.

Pernille:  Hey! I can dig it! Check out me digging it over here!

Chi:  Good try, Pernille. Valiant effort.

Arianna:  Last one, guys! This is really it!

Thaddeus:  Wow. Should we, like, make speeches or something?

Morris:  I have a little presentation prepared for such an occasion . . .

Otto:  Oh! Look at that! I’m done! See you later, guys! Got some very important woodworking to do!

Wendell:  I’m really going to miss this stuff. It’s downright amazing.

Arianna:  It’s true. They don’t call it the food of the gods for nothing.

Pernille:  I do love it, but it gives me a touch of heartburn. It’s kind of a guilty pleasure for me.

Cressida:  Oh, man. This is the best. Don’t you love it when you travel somewhere and when you get there absolutely everyone has too pee except you? Oh, the schadenfreude is almost too delicious.  He he. I’m going to wait until they get almost all the way to the bathroom and then buy a round of drinks to summon them all back. This is going to be amazing!

Cressida:  Drink up, guys! The night is young!

Cressida:  Oh! And my favorite guy to pummel is here, too! This night just keeps getting better and better!

Cressida:  Don’t mind if I do!

Aditya:  Phew! It’s probably a good thing we don’t live together even though we’re married. Keeping up with you is a task and a half.

Cressida:  Yeah, man. Live-out husbands are the best. Never have to pick up their socks and closet woohoo feels new every time!

Watcher:  Welcome back, Salma. Again. Nice how this job-sharing thing seems to be working out so well for you. You’re looking a little too delighted about my frustration, though. Could you try and be a little more butler-y, since you’re here?

Watcher:  Much better, thank you.

Cressida:  I’ve got to say, of all the mean interactions, I think threaten is my fave. I mean, just look at my crazy eyes! So crazy! And look how he’s cowering. Yeah, it’s a good day when I get to threaten someone, that’s for sure.

Cressida:  And now I snack.

Wendell:  Well good evening, my easily-bribed friend! What will it be tonight, free drinks, free dessert, or should we just go for the whole shebang and comp your meal?

Food Critic:  *raises rating to 5*

Wendell:  There’s that lack of integrity I love so much! Always a pleasure to have you dining with us, sir! Please come again!

Watcher:  Hello again, Houda. Glad you’re back. No one monitors the dust on that watering can vase like you do. You’ve been missed.

Wendell: This is boring. The plot is just really thin.

Tallulah:  Well, what do you expect?  All the action-y parts are over. All that’s left is the winding down and tying up loose ends. It can’t all be marriages, nooboos, and vampire murders.

Wendell:  Wait, are we still talking about Simder or . . . ?

Tallulah:  Yes. Simder.

Pernille:  Ah, yes. The still life. The epitome of a classic. Elevating a simple china bowl draped with grapes to a true masterpiece via the perfect intersection of light, color, and composition.

Otto:  Mine has trees!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #539 on: March 15, 2017, 08:14:25 PM »
Oh my Wendell, he melts my *erm* heart everytime I see him.

anything