Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 131299 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]
« on: August 03, 2016, 09:44:31 PM »
The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests

Chapter List

1.01  Impoverished Paupers (08/03)
   1.02  An Almost House (2016/08/04)
   1.03  Double Trouble (08/06)
   1.04  4 Kids Be Like... (08/07)
   1.05  Vote on the Gen2 Heir (08/09)
   1.06  Toils and Troubles of Gen2 Teens (08/10)
   1.07  An Ideal Hazubando (08/11)
   1.08  What the Heart Desires, Part I (08/12)

2.09  What the Heart Desires, Part II (08/13a)
   2.10  Who's Your Daddy? (08/13b)
   2.11  A Wildly Improbable Romance (08/14)
   2.12  Love, At Last (08/15)
   2.13  Shame on You! (08/16)
   2.14  The Birth of a Patriarch (08/18)
   2.15  A Gluttonous Gal (08/18)
   2.16  Party Poopers (08/19)
   2.17  Operation "Storm The Lighthouse" (08/21)
   2.18  The Glutton Strikes Again (08/22)
   2.19  Collectors No More (08/24)
   2.20  Who Will Be the Gen3 Heir? (08/24)
   2.21  I've Only One Itching Desire (08/24)

3.22  A Hard Reign's Gonna Fall (08/30)
   3.23  The NooBoomers (08/31)
   3.24  High Five, Low Five (09/01)
   3.25  Can There Be Another Fabio? Part I (09/03)
   3.26  Can There Be Another Fabio? Part II (09/03)
   3.27  2-4-6-8 Who Do We Appreciate? (09/05)
   3.28  Riding High on Cloud Nine (09/06)
   3.29  The Tenth Child & Gen4 Heir Vote (09/09)
   3.30  A Napkin Memento (10/02)
   3.31  The Hot Banana (10/04)
   3.32  Joy Ephemeral (10/11)
   3.33  Honoring the Dead (10/12)
   3.34  Retail Fail (10/13)
   3.35  "Stressed" Spelled Backwards (10/19)
   3.36  Banana and The Prune (10/20)

4.37  Breathless in Windenberg (10/21a)
   4.38  Beware of Geeks! (10/21b)
   4.39  Dag Dag, Nooboo! (10/22)
   4.40  Put de Lime in de Coconut (10/23)
   4.41  Strawberry Fields Forever (10/25)
   4.42  Name Dat Song (10/28)
   4.43  Bye Bye, Bananas! (10/30)
   4.44  Dulce Sweetens Up & Gen5 Heir Vote (10/31)
   4.45  Ranma's Stalldar and San Myshuno (11/01)
   4.46  Chopstick Dexterity and More Food Stalls (11/02)

5.47  Marriage, Death, and the New Heir (11/03)
   5.48  The Electrifying Dr. Bethany May (11/04)
   5.49  The Girl Can't Help It (11/07)
   5.50  It's Hard to Find a Good Man in the City (11/08)
   5.51  A Big Welcome for Danny (11/10)
   5.52  Hustlin' to Be Heir (11/15)
   5.53  She All Hip-Hop! (11/17)
   5.54  Teening Up, at Last!/The Gen6 Heir Vote (11/27)
   5.55  Unleashing the Party Animal (11/28)
   5.56  Boy X Comes "Home" (11/30)
   5.57  Tell Mama All About It (12/01)

6.58  The Scandinavian Feline (12/03)
   6.59  So Hot in Here! Oh!!! (12/05)
   6.60  The Bodacious Gen7 Boyz...Holla! (12/06)
   6.61  "There's Only One Truth!," Sez Conan (12/08)
   6.62  Spooks and Weenies (12/10)
   6.63  Doctor in Da House (12/11)
   6.64  Nerdy Conan Grows Up & The Gen7 Heir Vote (12/12)
   6.65  Getting to Know the Potential Gen7 Heirs (12/13)
   6.66  Every Day We're Shufflin' (12/14)

7.67  A Breath of Fresh Heir (12/15)
   7.68  All Hail Hinata! (12/16)
   7.69  In Homage to Vocaloids (12/18)
   7.70  Rock n' Roll n' Rukia (12/19)
   7.71  Geek Girlz, Unite! (12/20)
   7.72  All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go (12/22)
   7.73  Every Day I Haz the Blues (12/27)
   7.74  Miku, Say Cheese! (12/28)
   7.75  Save a Horse (& The Gen8 Heir Vote)(12/29)
   7.76  The Mori Household Downsizes (12/30)
   7.77  Gardening Geeks (2016/12/31)
   7.78  It's Your Move, Miku (2017/01/03)

8.79  A New Year, A New Heir (01/04)
   8.80  News about Nooboos! (01/05)
   8.81  Almost Intolerably Adorable (01/07)
   8.82  Skillin' wit da Chillun (01/09)
   8.83  Dem Shoes, Though (01/10)
   8.84  Karaoke Kitsch (and Gen09 Heir Vote) (01/13)
   8.85  Gah, Lag in My A-Game! (01/14)
   8.86  No Waifu, No Laifu! (Part I) (01/16)
   8.87  No Waifu, No Laifu! (Part II) (01/16)
   8.88  Pwned by the Pranksters (01/17)
   8.89  King of Smirks (01/17)

9.90  All That Plus Chopstick Savvy (01/18)
   9.91  She's Havin' Mah Baby (01/19)

10.92  A Not-So-Grand Finale (01/20)
   The birth of Akane Mori marks the end of this legacy challenge. \(^_^)/

Nota bene: @MrsFlynn and @Flynn Arrowstarr have my eternal gratitude for teaching me how to reformat my Chapter List. You two are my heros!

Meet the Mori's

For a link taking you to the Mori family tree on the Family Echo website, click here
If photos aren't displayed, go to the "Show" menu at the bottom center of the screen and select "Show photos." Select "Show professions" to display the legacy roles.

For a description of the household members, including their legacy role, traits, and aspirations, click here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Legacy Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 09:44:56 PM »
Legacy Stats

I've listed my legacy's stats and scoring here, in case anyone's interested.

Succession Laws

Gender: Strict Equality (each heir must a different gender from the previous heir)
Bloodline: Strict Traditional (only natural born children are eligible to become heirs)
Heir: Democracy (chosen by reader vote; Random, if no votes)
Species: Tolerant (the heir may be human or alien)

Genealogy
In the post below this one, I've provided descriptions of every household member plus a link to a family tree with portraits.

Score (the score is updated after each new chapter is posted)
10 points can be earned in each category, except for the Extreme Start point which is merely a handicap rather than a scoring category.
For a detailed explanation of the scoring for each category, click here.

Family            :   10/10   9/9 heirs have aged up to YAs; Naoki & Marci (Gen03) had/adopted 10 kids in one generation
Creative         :   10/10   Memorialized 9/9 founder/heirs and their primary spouses; Anita Mori (Gen1) maxed 2 Creativity aspirations
Fortune          :   10/10   Family worth over $5.7 million
Love              :   10/10   9/9 primary spouses with 27/27 unique traits; Kaoru Mori (founder) maxed both Love aspirations
Knowledge     :   10/10    Maxed all skills at least once, including Singing
Athletic          :   10/10    Maxed all aspirations at least once
Nature           :   10/10   15/13 collections; 12/12 death types; 6/6 emotional painting types; 21/21 careers; 34/34 career branches; 13/13 aspiration rewards on lot
Food              :   10/10   10th point = max the Chef career
Popularity       :     9/10   9th point = 602/600 medal points; Legacy club earned all possible perks. (10th point = 1,000 medal points <-- stopped trying)
Deviance        :   10/10   80/80 Potions of Youth stored on lot
Penalties        :         0
Handicap       :       1/1 (Extreme Start)
       TOTAL    :   100/101

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests/Genealogy
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:45:32 PM »
Meet the Mori's

For a link taking you to the Mori family tree on the Family Echo website, click here. <--
If photos aren't displayed, go to the "Show" menu at the bottom center of the screen and select "Show photos." To display the legacy roles, click "Show professions."

In the following, the founder and each generational heir are distinguished by a green font and asterisk, their primary spouses by a brown font.

GENERATION 1 (3 sims)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GENERATION 2 (9 sims)

GENERATION 3 (6 sims)

GENERATION 4 (12 sims)

GENERATION 5 (8 sims)

GENERATION 6 (6 sims)

GENERATION 7 (5 sims)

GENERATION 8 (5 sims)

GENERATION 9 (4 sims)

GENERATION 10 (2 sims) 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Impoverished Paupers
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:46:24 PM »
1.1 The Mori Legacy: Impoverished Paupers

Hello, readers, Watchette here.
Yes, I realize that not much time has passed since completing an Apocalypse Challenge, but I only really enjoy playing the sims with some form of structure and goals.
And that’s the feeble reason why I’ve now decided to embark on a Legacy Challenge…

Can you tell where we are now?

Watchette (W): You’re right! It’s the Dresden House lot in the western part of Windenberg, formerly the Fyres’ home.
Peeking through the bushes affords a glimpse of the lot’s new resident!

Unknown resident: And why, oh why, would you want to peek at me through the bushes?

W: Well, it ramps up the suspense a bit while we all try to guess who you are and it’s also kind of funny in a creepy, stalker-ish way.
There’s even a tenth-century Japanese term for this: kai-ma-mi (peeking through openings in a thicket fence).
You should know! You’re named “Kaoru” after one of the protagonists of that eleventh-century romance,
The Tale of Genji.
Kaoru: Well, if you’re going to go all nerdy on us, I’m just going to ignore you, you hear?
W: Please don’t! Look, here’s a 16th-century painting depicting the romantic social “kaimami” in a scene from The Tale of Genji!
Peeping through a thicket fence at the lower right, the Shining Prince discovers a hidden flower, the love of his life! So romantic, yes?

Kaoru: Yeah, yeah. Well, allow me to introduce myself before we completely lose our audience! 
My name is Kaoru Mori.  It’s pronounced Cow-rue Moe-ree, and means “Fragrant Forest.”
I have been reincarnated from the oceanic depths and have been granted a new name and identity to found a ten-generation legacy!
Who was I originally, you ask? I was born Daisuke Serizawa. If you’ve seen the 1954 Japanese film Godzilla, you may remember me as a scientist who researched chemical elements.

In fact, I invented the Oxygen Destroyer, the chemical weapon used to slay Godzilla. It’s shown below.
Diving down into the sea to detonate the Oxygen Destroyer, I destroyed Godzilla while dying myself in the process.

These days, of course, Godzilla is no longer considered the global threat he’d been sixty years ago.
Here’s a Godzilla-shaped Christmas decoration gracing the promenade of a shopping mall in Odaiba, on an artificial island in the Tokyo Metropolis.

And while you’re at it, why not buy a keychain of Hello Kitty cos-playing as Godzilla?

W: Excuse me, Kaoru. You accuse me of losing our audience then go prattling on and on with your Godzilla lore?
Please continue introducing yourself, okay?

Kaoru: Anywaaaay….now that the world feels safe enough from Godzilla, Watchette felt my past sacrifice to protect humankind warranted a second chance at life, so here I am!
I initially resisted the idea of adopting a new name, but Watchette insists that my new name—Kaoru Mori—would be easier to pronounce and remember than Dr. Daisuke Serizawa. Whatever.

My new look---the wonders of twenty-first century nip and tuck never cease to amaze!
And no knocking my aloha shirt, please! I’m told I no longer have to wear a lab coat day in and day out! I'm keeping the eyepatch for sentimental reasons.

So, what next, Watchette?
W: I’m glad you asked because I’m not really sure. I’ve never played a Pinstar Legacy Challenge and there seem to be a gazillion rules!
First of all, let’s take a look at our succession rules.

Succession Laws

Bloodline: Strict Traditional (the heir must be naturally born)
Heir: Democracy (chosen by reader vote; Random, if no votes)
Species: Tolerant (the heir may be human or alien)

Start
Extreme Start on a 64x64 lot (must earn $200 to buy the Knight of the Octagon Table statue for $8200 before being allowed to purchase anything else)
(You can later review the above and related information on the Legacy Stats page here.)

Week 1/Sunday

Kaoru: Okay, so first things first.
I need to earn $200 to buy that knight statue, consider my spousal options, and start earning enough cash to furnish my currently empty lot with the essentials.
I think I can more or less combine all three tasks…

To explore the local talent, I begin with a brief visit to the Perfect Balance Spa which, unfortunately, is staffed entirely by premade sims.
Catching frogs at Magnolia Blossom Park quickly nets me my initial $200, though I have other plans for long-term income generation.
Slippery little devils! Still, I’ve caught 10 out of 25 total frog types already!

When two new townies show up at the park, I introduce myself.
The blonde Shauna Herndon’s mono-brow could be fixed using a mirror. The dark-haired Tammy Haskinsl is rather fetching.
But the problem with both ladies is that they’re already adults!

At Desert Bloom Park in Oasis Springs, my frog collection reaches 16 types but all the premade sims and “not young adult female” sims from Magnolia Blossom Park seem to have followed me over here.
Even that elderly gardener lady, Leigh Sniper!

And then I see her stroll by past the trees….the young adult Anita Kang! It’s love at first peek!
My own traits are Genius, Loves the Outdoors, and Cheerful.
I’m shocked to discover that the unemployed Anita’s traits are Cheerful, Loves the Outdoors, and Materialistic.
W: Seriously, Kaoru, this is as good as it can get in terms of compatibility with a Gen1 spouse, love!

I pour on the charm and she agrees to move in to my…..erm, empty lot. (What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her, right?)
With my Soulmate aspiration and Anita’s Leader of the Pack aspiration, we are off to a running start!
But before the romancing begins, she launches our new legacy club and we’re off to fish.

I can’t believe this is still the first day of the legacy! So very much has happened! I’ve met my future spouse with perfect traits and an easy aspiration!
We’re not only BFFs but she’s my girlfriend! We’ve earned enough to buy the Knight statue and then some!
And at the pier, Anita fishes up both a dragonfruit and a cow berry.
We are done here!

Kaoru: After two gold-medal dates, we both have full friendship and romance bars and feel Very Flirty.
I push my luck and propose, but she shoots me down. Awww, shucks!
But then she proposes to me and, pushover that I am, I accept! 
We elope immediately after, right in front of the benches where we had our dates!
By this time, we’ve also bought our first club perk---Rally the Troops!

On Monday morning, I finally work up the nerve to bring Anita to her new non-home.
After buying the Knight of the Octagon Table for $8200, we are not the least concerned that it must go into the household inventory.
However, it does qualify us to continue our legacy!

Kaoru: All that remains of my Soulmate aspiration is 10 more romantic socials as I tease her flirtatiously in our very humble abode.
Anita: The Dresden House lot is still depressingly bare. You are looking at our entire residence, except for the Party Bush which is hidden from view.
K: We are still pinching pennies to help me prepare for the new job, so our home looks worse than a campsite.
A: After an hour or so of gardening and fishing, we leave for Granite Falls.

W: You haven’t even started working and you’re already off for a vacation?
K: Actually, I want to buy a few veggies from the kiosk and harvest some herbs for grafting our dragonfruit.
We’re just taking a day trip! And by the way, I bought the Connections trait and joined the Scientist career!

Kaoru: Tuesday is my last free day before I start the Scientist career on Wednesday.
When we visit Narwahl Arms so Anita can make progress on her Leader of the Pack aspiration, Watchette gives her a makeover.
W: Darn it, I forgot to change Anita’s family name from Kang to Mori! Next time, next time!
Anita: Back in our hood, we enjoy leftovers someone prepared on the grill across the street from the Shrieking Llama Bar.
With Rally the Troops, we really don’t need to be eating, but check out my new hair, make-up, and sportswear, folks!

Kaoru: The last place we visit on Tuesday is the Perfect Balance Spa in Newcrest.
Wellness is such a useful skill!
Anita: Watchette, don’t forget to buy a massage table after we get home tonight!

Anita: Now that Kaoru’s left for work, can we talk about my role in this legacy, Watchette?
W: Of course, Anita, what are your thoughts? Is there any career that draws you?
A: As you know, when I met Kaoru, I only had Level 3 Piano skill.
So my maxing a career would require extensive effort and time, especially since I can’t buy Connections.
With my current skill set, the wage income I’d generate wouldn’t go far in improving the legacy home.

On the other hand, I would rock a supporting role. My fishing skill is already Level 7 so I’ve brought in a lot of cash.
I could also help garden, work on collections, help build a rocket ship—stuff like that.
I should also learn at least one skill for mentoring children, I guess.
W: Sounds like a great plan for you, Anita, considering you love the outdoors!
Anita: Okay, I’ll make it my mission to improve our legacy home, freeing other family members to focus on their careers. 
If we’re seriously planning to successfully complete this challenge, our legacy home needs be more than several foundational rectangles!

Kaoru: Thanks to Anita, who caught a sturgeon early this Friday morning, we’re able to buy an invention constructor!
As a result, I can invent a cloning machine before leaving for work today!
(Why, Watchette, are you showing me stepping out of an aromatherapy bath!?)
Anita: And I’m in the process of milking our cowplant for an Essence of Focused, which we’ll start cloning over the weekend!
One guess who ate the cake!

A: You’re probably wondering about the design of the garden. We realize it’s not at all attractive.
K: The garden planters are $200 each, so we’ve only bought one so far.
Instead, we’ve laid down Construction-Quality Concrete (which costs $0) so we can mop up any water that splatters.
Eventually, we can place all the plants in garden planters or pots, but the garden is already organized by plant type which made grafting quick and simple.

Anita: And there goes my fabulous Kaoru, off to work.
Behind him, you can see a walls-down shot of our home.
Up to now, it’s been all about laying down the foundation of our legacy home—the bathroom, a basic kitchen, a science lab, a camping couch with tv.
I’m not sure why we even have a TV since woohoo fills both the fun and social meters. We’ll save it for the kids, I guess.

Kaoru: After a very busy Saturday with lots of Rally the Troop socials, I complete Serial Romantic—my second aspiration after Soulmate—by going on three gold-medal dates at home with Anita.
Anita: I’m just going to pretend that I didn’t hear Kaoru, but I’m definitely relieved that’s over and done!
And you’re probably wondering why I’m in the Partihaus club.
I only joined temporarily to complete the “Talk about club with 5 club members” milestone of my Leader of the Pack aspiration.
Just forgot to leave the club afterward but maybe I’ll keep it around and take it over later. Who knows?

Kaoru: Now that we can duplicate the Essence of Focused, Kaoru is pretty certain to reach Level 8 of the Scientist career by next Friday.
Anita: And the day he returns home with that promotion, we’ll be ready to try for baby!
That is, we’ll both be ready emotionally and psychologically to become parents.
Until then, my main objective involves earning as much coin as possible so that our home will be a welcoming place for children!
Kaoru: You also need to level your charisma, hun! You’re still not done with Leader of the Pack while I’m already on Tier 3 of my third aspiration!
Anita: Right, I just need to earn one more level of charisma…

And that wraps up the first week of the Mori Legacy!
As I’ve never played a legacy, I’m making up strategies as I go along.
For example, I’m accustomed to buying up lots of reward traits, but the legacy challenge grants points for unused Potions of Youth.
This means I should try to cut back on buying reward traits, I guess.

I am extremely grateful to the Tournament Challenges Team—so many useful gameplay strategies learned from the tournament challenges that the team has designed and administered!

This first chapter was all about setting up the house lot, so I'm hoping that future chapters will be more fun!
Thank you for reading!

To the next chapter

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 01:51:10 PM »
Forgive me for commenting twice in a row, but my last comment was before the actual chapter was up, and now I have to say how much I love your founder and spouse and how impressed I am with how much you accomplished already! I love the backstory (and the eyepatch!) and I definitely need to get one of those keychains.
Hooray for a new story and new legacy. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 03:00:58 PM »
Didn't Godzilla fall madly in love with Mothra, or was that the one he hated the most and had a huge battle with?  I'm forgetting my favorite, cheezy movies~~!  The newest Godzilla just didn't quite have the elan of the original.

Now, about the actual story....WOW!  OMG you got so much done!  See, all it takes is someone with the kind of brain that can actually figure out strategy, like yours.  Pure luck on finding such an optimal spouse?  I've never been able to catch so many frogs.  Find them in logs, yes.  Breed them or find them in ponds?  Not so much.  Why is your frig in the bathroom?  I love it when you can have one spouse be at home doing all the fun stuff.  By the way, the tv?  Good for learning cooking skill when your gardener needs a fun break.

Can hardly wait for more!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 09:30:30 PM »
@FrancescaFiori and @Joria

Thank you both for your enthusiastic reception.
Yes, I was very lucky with the spouse, Anita Kang, after having cruised around all the usual places.
About the frogs, my sim just continuously repeated the Look for frog action for around two hours in each park, while waiting for new sims to show up.

Lol, that's not a "fridge in the bathroom." What you see is the Tranquil Waters Shower from the Spa Day Pack.
It costs $880 new and was all my sims could afford that first week.  ;D

Well, I can't wait to share the nooboos with you!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: An Almost House
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 10:04:03 PM »
1.2 The Mori Legacy: An Almost House

According to the gameplay rules, we aren’t restricted in the number of “secondary spouses” we move in, as long as they do not bring additional income into the household.
I’m not really clear on the rationale behind inviting a secondary spouse into the household, but have decided to move in an additional female adult sim anyway.

Sunday

Anita: Basically, we are looking for a possible mother-in-law for our child. Her traits won't earn any points for the legacy but will influence her child's personality.
Kaoru: We've identified three adults with traits deemed desirable for our current household.
First, I invite Ashlyn Purdy over. She’s not bad-looking and might be able to reach Painting Level 8 to create our memorial paintings.

Anita: Next, we visit the South Square Café, Pan Europa Disco, and Rattlesnake Juice Bar, only to find the three venues staffed by premade sims.
Outside the Oasis Springs gym, we meet the dark-haired gym trainer Belinda Hahn. She would have max Fitness but could probably not complete an Athletic career in time.
Kaoru: My favorite so far is Dorothy Primley. She’s very attractive and her traits are unique!

Our choices are (from top to bottom):
Ashlyn Purdy (Adult, stay-at-home mom): Creative, Loves the Outdoors, Goofball
Belinda Hahn (Adult, gym trainer): Active, Cheerful, Jealous
Dorothy Primley (Adult, stay-at-home mom): Slob, Family-Oriented, Insider; Pro: help with children

Who would you choose?
We end up choosing Dorothy. She moves in with maxed Wellness and the Grilled Cheese aspiration.
The scoresheet I’m using counts her aspirations and skills, so we’ll be trying to complete her aspiration.
Here’s Dorothy talking to Ulrike Faust about grilled cheese.

Anita: Yesterday, I bought Connections, Marketable, and Creative Visionary, then phoned in to join the Painter career.
Now that Dorothy has joined the household, I think I have a good chance of completing Patron of the Arts.
While Dorothy and I paint, we wait for the cowplant to offer its cake. Next time, it’s your turn to take the cake, Dorothy!

Dorothy: I moved in with the Grilled Cheese aspiration, which I first had to unlock.
Watchette wasn’t sure whether or not my completing this aspiration mattered, so I’d initially stopped working on it.
The scoring sheet shows that it counts, though, so I’m back to chowing down grilled cheese sandwiches.
I guess we’ll need to save up for the rocket ship. Maybe I should go ahead and have a baby while we wait.

Watchette, did you have anyone special in mind for my baby daddy?
I know you’ve decided against moving in any premade sims, but I would love to get my hands on Paolo, hehe.
Couldn’t he just be my live-out baby daddy? Huh, please?

Anita: Actually, Watchette decides no premade sims in this legacy, so we all look through our relationship panels.
Dorothy: Kaoru’s at work, but Anita knows a fella named Frank Nagy. We invite him over and he arrives right away.
Judging by his work schedule for the Criminal career, Frank works as a Level 1 Tough Guy.
Anita: What do you think, Dorothy?
Dorothy: Well, he’s rather cute so I think we might have a nice-looking kid!

Anita: The weird thing is that his traits are so similar to mine!
Frank and I both share the Loves the Outdoors and Materialistic trait, but his third trait is Childish.
Dorothy: To be honest, I’m not a fan of his pear-shaped figure but this is just a one-time meet, right?
Oh, if only he could have been Paolo! *sighs

Dorothy: Alas, the sacrifices I make so that my child may be raised in a legacy home!
And now Anita and other creative sims in the Legacy House can drink Essence of Inspired before work!

Dorothy: Twenty-four hours after woohoo with Frank, I get the “Eating for Two” notice at 11:20 pm on Wednesday!
This means the baby will be born Saturday night.
And yes I deliberately didn’t take a pregnancy test because we prefer a two-day infant stage!

Anita: I should actually wait a few days to try for baby, especially since Kaoru won’t reach Level 8 of his career until Thursday.
Nevertheless, consumed by impatience, I recklessly ask Dorothy for a fertility massage!

Anita: According to the description of the Fertility Boost I got from Dorothy’s massage, “my blood is boiling from vitality and procreative energy”!
Kaoru: Hey, Anita, I was just wondering if you feel like….
Anita: I thought you’d never ask!

Watchette/W: Well, I must say that happiness becomes you both!
Anita: What time is it now, Watchette? Almost 2 a.m.?
W: That’s right. If you’re pregnant, you’ll go into labor around 2 a.m. on Monday.
I guess this is the part where I follow you around to check whether or not you’re pregnant.

Kaoru: Looks like the third time’s charmed!
Anita: I can't believe you actually think this is funny!

Dorothy: Thanks to my aspiration, I feel like I’m drowning in grilled cheese sandwiches.
I’ve cooked and eaten so many of them lately that I can multi-task!
While waiting for a group serving to brown in the pan, I whip out my phone and send a text message.

Anita: Besides needing a rocket ship for Dorothy’s Grilled Cheese aspiration, we’ll also eventually need a rocket ship to get the UFO plant (the only non-Sixam plant missing from our garden collection), space rocks, and geodes.
Well, there’s no time like the present.
Dorothy: Thanks for helping out, Ulrike!
Ulrike: What’s wrong with you people?
Anita: What do you mean?
Ulrike: You have an almost-complete garden, a fully kitted-out science lab, high-quality bathroom plumbing, and now a rocket ship.
Yet your home has only one wall, no wall or floor coverings, no roofing, and most of your furniture is for camping.
Anita: One word, Ulrike: priorities! And our windfall is lurking just around the corner!
W: Also, I hate renovating one room at a time…

Kaoru: mumble, grumble…Why do I have to do this? I come home from a long day at work then I have to woohoo with some old lady in the rocket ship?
Why?
Dorothy: For my Grilled Cheese aspiration,  I need to talk to the Grim Reaper about grilled cheese!
I thought the fastest way to meet Grim would be for your devastatingly-irresistible self to woohoo an elder to a “dangerously fatigued” state.
I’d do it myself but I can’t go up in the rocket ship while I’m pregnant.
Kaoru: Yeah, right… *invites over Leigh Sniper, that elderly gardener lady who followed me around the first day of the legacy

Dorothy: Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Kaoru, you hawtie scoundrel, you! I can't believe you did it!!!
Kaoru: I’m crushed, Dorothy! You doubted me? *buffs fingernails on shoulder
I’ve set you up, dahling, so don’t go blowing your timing to talk with Grim.

Dorothy: Hello, Mr. Reaper. My name’s Dorothy Primley. How do you do?
Grim: Hey, Dorothy! I hear you’re working on the Grilled Cheese aspiration. How you doing?
D: Well, I’ll be fine and dandy if you’ll let me chat with you about grilled cheese…blah, blah, blah.
GR: Okay, okay. I’ve listened to your nonsense, Dorothy. Happy now?
D: You betcha, Mr. Reaper. Once I’ve eaten a grilled cheese sammie in space, I’m done with this silly aspiration!

GR: Look at you, acting all upbeat in front of that poor old lady’s tombstone! Hahahaha
D: Well, thanks loads, Mr. Reaper. Excuse me, but I’ve gotta run. There's a dozen strawberries with my name on them!

W: Dorothy dear, I must say that I’m rather concerned about your recent weight gain.
I realize you're pregnant but you're bigger all around now. *gasps

Dorothy: I blame it on the grilled cheese sandwiches, Watchette! I’ve been eating them almost non-stop for the past four days.
Let me check my aspiration—that’s 3 sandwiches to unlock the aspiration, then ten sandwiches each at Tier I and II.
I confess that I’ve been eating each sandwich in two sessions so I’ve only actually eaten about 11 or 12 sandwiches total.
But I’ve been stuffing my face in an attempt to complete all but one milestone before the baby arrives. *sighs
W: No worries, Dorothy. After you give birth, we can invite over that gym trainer to help you lose the weight you’ve gained.  (If only real life were that easy!)

Saturday

Kaoru: We rush back from fishing at Desert Bloom Park tonight, just in time for Dorothy to give birth at home.
Dorothy: I’m so pleased to introduce my little girl, Doreen Primley.
Kaoru: Not to take away from your moment, Dorothy, but I appreciate your battling the Green Man and bringing home the UFO plant this afternoon!
Thanks for completing my gardening collection! (but you still owe me for that old lady! We're not even close to even yet...)

Sunday

Anita: Kaoru is so excited about the baby! Right before I have to leave for work this Sunday morning, he asks to feel the baby.
Kaoru: Our son (because Anita’s been eating carrots and listening to Alternative music) will be arrive a few hours past midnight. I can’t wait!

W: We really don't have enough cash saved to start a house, but Kaoru’s owned this lot for two weeks now so it’s time for a little building.
Though we only have $3000 left now, at least there’s an enclosed room for the children through the door in the kitchen.

Dorothy: Doreen ages up into the cutest little girl! An Art Lover, she’s got my red hair and the most mischievous smile.

Anita: Our son, Nio Mori, is a Geek. Do you think he resembles his father?
Kaoru: He wanted an aloha shirt like mine, but all I could find for him was that Hawaiian-looking t-shirt.

Kaoru: Nio and Doreen have just met but we hope they grow up to become good friends.
Doreen is about 26 or 27 hours older than Nio.
Anita: Kaoru and I tried for baby again as soon as Nio was born. We’re planning on just one more child--a daughter this time.
She’ll be born roughly 48 hours from now.

Kaoru will definitely complete the Scientist career before ageing up to an adult in 3 days.
Thanks to the age freeze during pregnancy, Anita has a really good chance of maxing her career, too.
As for Dorothy, she’ll become an elder in six days. She’ll be around to celebrate Doreen’s teen birthday.
I’m dying to see how the third child turns out, but I’ll close this chapter here.

I’m still confused about the secondary spouse business. The challenge creator gave approval to one player who wanted to move in a spouse but have the baby daddy be Don Lothario instead of the founder. I also read his comment that an heir could have "a harem of secondary spouses," if so desired.
Does the primary spouse of the Gen2 heir need to be moved in? If so, I guess I’ll use Doreen to…actually, I’m not sure what her function would be.
I guess I'll worry about that after we see what she looks like as a teen.
And by the way, I feel bad about exploiting Kaoru but I actually rather enjoyed completing the last part of the Grilled Cheese aspiration, hehe.
I'd never done that aspiration before!

Thank you for reading!

To the next chapter

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: An Almost House (new 08/04)
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 11:56:34 PM »
Oh, what fun! I admire your ruthlessness. I have to admit that the only time I've completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration I did it in a very similar fashion.
I absolutely love the picture of poor Anita realizing she's pregnant and Kaoru smirking next to her. Perfect!
The kids are adorable and I'm very excited for another nooboo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
Re: The Mori Legacy: An Almost House (new 08/04)
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 04:10:47 PM »
I'm loving this so far! Your sims are gorgeous, as always. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: Double Trouble
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2016, 12:08:08 PM »
1.3 The Mori Legacy: Double Trouble

Wednesday

Kaoru: I forgot to mention last time that both Anita and Dorothy are working on the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration and are painting up a storm!
As for my garden, I confess that I’ve been working harder at completing the Botanical Enthusiast aspiration than producing a cash-crop garden.

Nio: In case you’re wondering, my name is pronounced just like that guy in The Matrix, Neo.
Since I don’t start school until tomorrow, I’ve been trying to complete my Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.
Leveling the Motor skill seems to take forever!

Doreen: Though I’ve already completed Artistic Prodigy, I’m very drawn to the violin!
I should actually be working on aspirations instead, though. I can always play the violin after my birthday!

Anita: Watchette decides that we should collect all of the cowplant essences sooner rather than later, so that we can start stockpiling in advance.
In another life, Dorothy could have been a world-renown rodeo cowboy!
Thank you for the Essence of Playfulness!

Nio: Wednesday evening, Dad comes home with his final promotion to Level 10 Scientist and upgrades the Wormhole Generator.
Since Mom is pregnant and takes forever to waddle anywhere, Dad takes only me along on his first trip to Sixam.
I discover that I’m not that helpful. All I can gather is aliens.
Dad gathers rare flora, geodes, and other rare items.

Kaoru: I’m so glad Nio could come along on my visit to this mysterious planet of Sixam.
Since it’s a weekday evening, we don’t stay long.
When we prepare to return home, the wormhole generator shows us who’s currently on Sixam so we can choose who travels back with us.
What a surprise to learn that both Ashlyn Purdy and Belinda Hahan are aliens! You remember I considered them as possible move-ins but ultimately chose Dorothy.
We also discover that Frank Nagy ((Dorothy’s baby daddy and Doreen’s father) is actually an alien, too!
Nio: Wow, that’s crazy! I wonder if Doreen has any alien powers.

Nio: It’s only 10 pm when we get home. I ask Dad to coach me in swimming after he grafts those Sixam plants.
Kaoru: I see you’ve been busy with house décor, Watchette.
Watchette/W: Thanks to the sales of Anita and Dorothy’s paintings, I'm making some progress with the front rooms. Still have no idea about the house’s overall layout.
For now, the pool you see runs down the center of the house. That double door you see is the front door.

Here’s another view from the kitchen/dining area.

Kaoru: The central pool certainly looks nice but it’s rather inconvenient to walk from one side of the house to the other.
Nio: Maybe you can move the pool to the back of the house and have this center area be a narrower indoor garden or something?
W: Now that’s a nice idea, Nio! Something to think about, anyway.

Friday

Dorothy: This morning around 10, Anita goes into labor!
And now you know where Nio gets his big eyes!

Anita: And I give birth to twin girls! Arisa in the pink-trimmed bassinet is born first, followed by Nami in the blue-trimmed one.
We’ve now become a seven-sim household!

Anita: Dorothy and Nio need help with homework and skilling, but the twin babies are frantically crying even after being fed and changed. Who you gonna call?
Nanny Clinton Small to the rescue!

Anita: Instead of going straight to the crying babies, he decides to put away a toy but then sits in the pool briefly on the way to the toybox in a back room.
After giggling in front of the toybox, he finally starts to care for the babies.

Dorothy: In the afternoon, Anita and I notice that the cowplant is dangling his cake again. Anita, darling, I do believe it’s your turn!
Anita: I’m sorry, Dorth, but I’ve got my hands full with the three kids right now.
D: Oh what the heck! I’m already feeling Confident but not Drained, so I might as well!
Well, I think we should give you a name!
Doreen: What about Conan the Cowplant?
Dororthy: Fine! Thank you, Conan!

Kaoru: Now that I’m home, I have a chance to watch that nanny, Clinton Small.
I hear one of the baby girls wailing her heart out, but the nanny ignores her while he chats up my wife.
Finally, he goes over to the baby. Notice that he’s giving her a bottle while she’s covered with swirls of green smoke (signaling a dirty diaper).
Instead of changing the diaper, he heads to a computer to play a video game (but Watchette foils him by moving the chair).
The nanny leaves right after that. I really feel a nanny's not worth the trouble.

I wonder if a nanny is more useful with children, however, rather than infants.
I’m too busy this evening to check out his traits, though Doreen learned that he’s Ambitious.

Anita: Kaoru gives us a tremendous scare tonight! Since maxing Logic last week, he's recently started the Nerd Brain aspiration.
On his fifth trip to outer space, though, the rocket ship crash landed.
First he seemed to be crawling out from the debris. He looks like he's on fire!

We breath a collective sigh of relief when Kaoru stands up out of the flames.

Saturday

Anita: I’m not quite sure why, but when I arrive home this afternoon with my Level 8 promotion, I’m dressed like this.

Anita: You’re feeling pretty proud of yourself, aren’t you, hun!
Kaoru: Well, yeah! I just threw the first gold-medal party of this legacy!
Anita: Well, you’re looking mighty fine, too, though I’m not sure why you’re shirtless for your party.

Dorothy: You are so incredibly mean, Kaoru!
Kaoru: What are you talking about?
Dorothy: You invite not only my crush Paolo but also Mr. One-Night-Stand, the father of Doreen.
Kaoru: Hey, I just did that for Doreen, you know. Go fangirl on Paolo, if you want!

Anita: Who’s that old lady, Kaoru? I’m not planning to do the Grilled Cheese aspiration.
Kaoru: Well, we get points for achieving all 11 types of death, so I thought it might be useful to line up the old folks.

Kaoru: We take a very quick trip to Granite Falls on Saturday evening.
Anita: After Kaoru learns the woodworking schematic, the three of us go fishing at the Hermit’s Retreat.
Dorothy: We fish only until Kaoru can harvest the last missing plant in his extended garden collection—the Morel Mushroom.

Sunday

Kaoru: About an hour after Anita leaves for work this afternoon, the twins age up to children.
Arisa seems like she might be the quieter of the two. It’s still too early to tell.
W: And yes, mother Anita is back from work because I got too excited and had the girls use the dresser to plan outfits, causing Anita to leave work early. Doh.

Anita: Nami (which means wave) rolls Rambunctious Scamp so she starts out on the pirate gym.
Nami: Thar she blows!
W: I’m not sure why, but I’m really attracted to Nami!

Kaoru: Here are the kids all together.
Arisa (left) is Creative, Nio (center) is a Geek, and Nami (right) is a Genius.  All three are potential heirs.

Doreen: I’ve joined the three of them watching the Kids Network on TV.
Nio: Dad, you and me need to stick together! Us guys are so outnumbered in this household!
Kaoru: You just wait, Nio. When you start high school, all your male classmates will want to be your friend!
Nio: Really, why?
Kaoru: So they can come to the house and make moves on the girls. Maybe you should learn a martial art?

I’ll be updating the score after posting each chapter.
After the kids become teens, I’ll be posting a link to a family tree.
I’ve been a little worried that I don’t have enough viewers in order to choose the heir by viewers’ vote.
If there are even three votes, I’ll continue to choose the heir by voting.
In case there aren’t any votes, the potential heir with the most skill points (at which age?) will be chosen as heir.
No voting until the kids become teens but just thought I'd air my concern.  ;)

In addition, I must confess that I'm having a little trouble with pacing this legacy's gameplay.
With an Immortal Dynasty Challenge, we know exactly what needs to be done in each generation.
With a Legacy Challenge, I'm not sure how to tell if I'm lagging behind or not. I'd like to relax more about scoring points, but I can't tell if I'm ahead of the game or not.
Anyway, I believe most of the "set up" is done so I can start enjoying the household sims more.  *cracks whip

As always, thank you for reading!

To the next chapter

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Mori Legacy: Double Trouble (new 08/06)
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 01:16:18 PM »
@FrancescaFiori

Since I'd never done the Grilled Cheese aspiration before, I was so nervous when Grim showed up. Like, would he leave before Dorothy had a chance to talk about grilled cheese?
In the beginning, she kept clicking on Grim and got a message that it was too early to plead for the sim's life, lol.   :o
Dorothy was so gorgeous when she moved in but all those grilled cheese sammies have left her quite pudgy, hehe.

And they had twin girls! Of course, one never gets multiple births at the right timing! They look a lot like identical twins to me...

@Luna264
It's nice to hear from you again! Thank you for reading and commenting!  ;D

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 02:44:41 PM »
Well, you know I'll vote, so there's one! Not sure who to vote for, though, the kids are all really cute and have excellent traits so far.
I'm going to have to start making better use of cowplants. You've reminded me how useful those essences can be. Dorothy is remarkably good-natured about donating her emotions, too :)
I chuckled at you keeping a supply of elders at the ready for various deaths. I started stockpiling broken appliances in the family inventory, waiting for someone to get dazed, but all of my legacy sims have been too handy and/or lucky so far.
Also, Anita can just hush up about Kaoru's party outfit. As has been proven many times, the shirtless look is appropriate for all occasions: parties, school, work, everyday, dance performances. It is always okay!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2016, 03:50:17 PM »
Waves hand  Me too, me too!  I'll vote.  I did a legacy, (failed due to pc crash), in Sims3 but never really understood or got into the points thing.  I just liked the idea of it and felt there was less pressure than for an ID.  Not this time.  Seems like it's more pressure.  Enjoying your family but not understanding how you are doing so much in so little time.  Is it just playing ahead but not writing about every little detail?  For me it seems like it's always forever to get promotions but you zip right along.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything