Author Topic: Longer Vacations When Married  (Read 4103 times)

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
Longer Vacations When Married
« on: December 15, 2009, 07:36:22 PM »
I've noticed that the sim I'm currently playing can go to any of her three destinations and stay for a max of 18 days. But my other sim, Dexter....the one who married the Chinese woman, has the option to stay up to 22 days in any location. I'm guessing that it's because he's married and has a family now? I don't know, but I kept waiting for my current sim, Audrey, to increase her travels to 22 days also and it's never happened.

Does anyone else here have sims who are able to stay for 22 days?

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
Re: Longer Vacations When Married
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:03:46 PM »
I've only sent my single Sims on vacation, so no I haven't had a vacation that was 22 days.  :o :D  Doesn't seem very fair to singles if that's how it works!  :P ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:08:06 PM »
RockinRobin, don't forget about the Prepared Traveler benefits (extended times on vacation). If someone in your travel party has that reward, then that benefit carries over to everyone making the trip. So, it might be something as simple as that vs. just being married that's extending the stay.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:08:23 PM »
Yeah I know Metro, but that's not it because my single sim has that one too. She's got the partnership agreement with all three countries and the prepared traveler perk...and her max is 18 days. I just know that when Dexter took his new wife and their twins to China and then France, they were ALL able to stay for 22 days even though all the girls had Visa level 0.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 10:13:36 PM »
22 days! That's just mind-blowing. I'm still a World Adventures newbie. My Bruce Lee character I did for the new Master of Martial Arts LTW is pretty much the deepest I've taken a character with WA content. And that was just a few 6-day vacations.

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 10:19:19 PM »
Yeah, my Aiden has only had 6 day vacations.  I guess he needs to travel more!  ;)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:22:51 PM »
Yeah, this is news to me. I at first wondered if it's because your Sim had married someone from China but you say they were able to go to France and nab these 22-day stays as well...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »
My Dexter character is awesome! He's maxed on almost all the skills and he is a Grand Master in martial arts and beat the previous Grand Master. He also whips a lot of mummy butt!  LOL

I honestly don't know how he managed to get 22 days for vacation but if I figure it out, I'll let you all know. I haven't played him in a week or so because I've been playing my new sim, but I'll pull old Dexter out and play him and see if I can figure out what he's done different. Or I may get my newer sim, Audrey married and see if that increases her vacation days.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 10:24:51 PM »
Carl, I will let you know about the 22 day thing. I'll take some screens and do some experimenting and see if I can find out how to get 22 days.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
I'd like to know what's up with this too. My Sims have never gotten more than 18 days and that's with Prepared Traveler and partnership certificates.

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 05:51:48 PM »
I just got home from work and I'll play Dexter for a bit and then play my other sim and see what I can find out. Maybe I'll get her married and see if it increases her vacation days. I can always let her get divorced later. LOL

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 07:36:11 PM »
Ok, here's the deal on travel days when you're married or have a family--

Apparently, each sim can have up to a max of 18 days, so if you are married or have kids, and you have your one sim call to travel, if you take your family with you, their days are added on to the vacation time. So for example, with Dexter's family, he has a wife and two daughters. They girls have been on vacation with him twice now and initially, they could all stay for 22 days like I said at the beginning of this thread. But when I just went to take them on vacation this time, the wife has apparently increased her visa level now, so the family can now stay for a total of 27 days. I'm guessing that once the girls are maxed out, as a family, they can stay for a total of 72 days????  (18 x4)  I don't know if that's right or not.....since the girls don't yet have the partnership certificates or any other perks and their visa levels are at 1 right now....but I'll see if I can get the family up to 72 or not and will let you all know. I'm thinking that the "prepared traveler" perk probably only counts one time....so that would bring it down to 63 days total. And I'm not sure yet if the other members of the family can purchase partnership agreements since the gold coins are family property and not individual property. That would bring it down another 9 points I think to 54 if everyone's visas are maxed out. (don't know if my math is right)

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 09:55:51 PM »
Carl, I forgot to mention too......please feel free to use any of the screens that I post here. They are yours to do with as you wish. I just thought you might could use some of them when updating the guide. It might save you a bit of time. :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 10:05:09 PM »
Great discovery! I'll add that info (and a shot) to the World Adventures main page.

Edit: Done. Added the shot to the WA tips page and info on both that and the WA landing. Thanks a ton for the info :)

Offline RockinRobin

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 06:37:08 PM »
You are very welcome.  ;D