Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1248753 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Introduce Yourself
« on: September 19, 2009, 04:41:14 PM »
If you're new to the forum and want to introduce yourself, feel free to do so here!

I stickied this post because I never want it to die. It's a great guestbook for new people who don't have a question in particular but just want to greet us!

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 04:49:23 PM »
Yeah, you made a intro' thread!  :D
HI, just joined use the same user id at the TS3 forum!  This place is so brand spankin new, I think I'm getting the nicely decorated moodlet!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »
lol. Yeah I'm glad you used the same one. I think this place is better for recurring discussions. Threads sink too fast on the official forum.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 05:18:11 PM »
*clears throat nervously*

Hi, my name is Pam.  I'm also known as Spoop in the blogging world.  The Sims 3 is my first experience with the Sims franchise and I absolutely love it!  I've completed the Legacy Challenge recently and I'm still playing my legacy family, but without the legacy restrictions.  I also just built my own house in The Sims 3, which was totally awesome.  I wasn't very good at building when I started, but I'm getting much better.

I'm a global moderator here on Carl's Forum and I also help out with the guides over on the main page.  Carl and I are both very excited about everyone who is joining the forum and participating in the discussions. 

Erm, ok...  I guess that's it. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

bshag

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 04:03:50 PM »
Hi, I'm bshag (short for Bolivar Shagnasty) and found this forum through Snooty's page.  I've tried posting on the sims3 forum, and although I have learned some valuable tips, it takes time sifting through all the threads.  :o

So glad to be in on the beginning of what looks to be a really great forum where ppl just want to learn more about better ways to play their games and not so much on being seen/heard.

Nice work Carl and Pam! :)

Offline Kreathyr

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 05:28:57 AM »
Hi Kreathyr here,

I found this Forum by actually typing in google "Sims 3 Forum"
Google found 19.300.000 results, after searching through a lot of forums I finaly found a fun one on page 11 hit number 102

It is partially due to the main sites guides that I decided to stick around, but hey page 11 isn't so bad.
Entry number 102 means another 19.299.898 hits after this one ;D

Anyway, be sure to take a look at the Carpenter family legacy challenge, I try to put a lot of effort in it  ;)

Edit: The only downside of this is that I'm from the Netherlands and there is a 6 hour time difference, so it takes a long time before I can expect a reaction ;D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
Well glad you did Kreathyr. It's up to number 20 nowadays :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Arafel

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 11:29:28 AM »
Ok, I'll introduce myself. I decided to register for the forum since I've been poking around here for bit now.

I stumbled upon first Carl's Sims 3 Guide (which is awesome btw). I needed more info on gardening and boy did I find it! The guide really helped me out A LOT so thanks for that!  ;D And that lead me here, to this forum.

I used the same username as the Sims 3 forums -which are fun and somewhat informative but just really congested.

I literally just started the Legacy Challenge. The family's name is Wartooth and I'm thinking about posting a blog about the family's progression. We shall see!

JohnnyDiscard

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 03:59:06 PM »
I forget how I found this site, but I'm glad I did.  The walkthrough section of the main page was not only informative, but also entertaining to read.  I like getting ideas for future Sims after reading about Carl's experiences with certain traits and lifetime wishes.

Offline jinhong91

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
Decided to join after checking this site out for quite some time....

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 02:30:29 AM »
We're glad you decided to join!  Welcome and have a great time! :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 07:11:18 AM »
Hi Everyone!

Metropolis Man here. But, please just call me Metro. We're all friends anyway, right? :) I've been playing Sims since the first series came out in 2001. I lost lots of hours to that game. I never did pick up Sims 2 mainly because I really got involved in Diablo II — a hack and slash RPG that also lots of fun. I still play a lot of Diablo and am a Moderator at the PhrozenKeep site. I've run nearly 30 tournaments over the past 3 years for the Eastern Sun Diablo II mod at the PhrozenKeep, and would like to bring that experience to Carl's site. So, I threw a little challenge up yesterday.

Talk to everyone later. Got to get back to real life (I'm married with 3 daughters and it's time to get all of the troops out the door to school).

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 01:15:27 PM »
Well I guess I should introduce myself.......Y'all can call me wild.  I am married and have 3 beautiful daughters.  I am a stay-at-home/homeschooling mom in Southern Texas.  My brother got me hooked on the first sims game and I have played off and on since I started.  The Sims 3 has me hooked all over again and I do believe with all these challenges, I will stay hooked this time.  Carl, this site and these forums are awesome.  Kudos to you on all your hard work getting all this written up and posted for us to use as we need it.  My game play is so much richer for having used many of the tips and guides on this site.

TTFN.......time to go play my glade legacy some more!

wildredchild

Offline Honeymooners

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 01:50:09 PM »
Hi everybody!   

Just found this site from Snooty- I love it!   I have found so many ideas for sims from roaming around on this site.  I am glad to find a new happy board!     I usually check back in during my lunch break at work!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 05:10:55 AM »
Yeah Snooty is awesome to help advertise my work. I am glad you guys find it useful. This forum mainly exists to help me improve it, but I decided I might as well let it be general because of how frustrated I've been with the official forum at times. So far it seems like it's been a decent place to get help. I'm glad you all are on board!