Author Topic: Anyone using Discord?  (Read 494 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Anyone using Discord?
« on: February 25, 2024, 08:54:01 AM »
So, as this forum is moving very slowly I went looking for a new one but could not find any (which is funny since as the game is sold in millions). So I did reg myself on Discord but don't know where to go. I did join "The Sims Café" but it sort of looked like a mess. So Do anyone know a better server to join? I just want a place to share random pics and so (no stories or challenges). I don't know anything about Discord but highly suspects it's like twitter or so where no one really cares about what the post and how they do it. But feel free to prove me wrong.  :)
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Anyone using Discord?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 10:15:32 AM »

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 11:27:20 AM »
EA has an official one for Sims --

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-official-discord

OK, but is it good and easy to use? And does it allow the use of mods/CC?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 11:39:34 AM »
EA has an official one for Sims --

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-official-discord

OK, but is it good and easy to use? And does it allow the use of mods/CC?

If it is anything like other Discord servers I use (I do not belong to EA's) there will be multiple sections, so you could find a section to make your posts. I do not know if there is a mods section, but just join and check it out. If it's not what you are looking for, then you just leave the server.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 11:52:33 AM »
OK, I did join the server but I need to look into it better before making any discussions to post (I did not have so much time yesterday).  :)

Edit: I don't trust EA people but I'm still going to check it out.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2024, 02:10:02 PM »
So, I did take a (2:nd) look but I don't really think it's my thing. To many comments about to many different topics. I want to know what the discussion is about and even the messiest of forum threads can be easy to get into. And Discord is not. (I was told on Nraas that the official Discord would be messy and it was correct). So where to find another forum?.......  :-\

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 07:00:22 PM »
@ModHunter have you seen/tried this: https://disboard.org/search? It gives direct links to various types of sims 3/4 discord servers. If you try different search terms on that, Sims 4, Sims 3, Sims 4 CC, Sims 4 Mods, came back with various numbers of existing servers, you can easily try various ones, and leave if they don't meet your needs. That page  It depends on the moderators of the servers how organised/disorganised they are. It shows how many are currently on the server, and gives a bit of a description of what they are.

Edit to Add: If you do a search for 'discord server finder' in your browser of choice, it comes back with a whole list of discord server finder programs. The one above was just one. I redid the search and selected another one, and then in it did another search, this time just for Sims 4, it came back with different discord servers. I haven't used any Sims related discord servers, but I have used other discord servers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 07:05:04 PM »
You might like GLovely1's Discord server which is Open to any simmer, has a lot of members and has no problem with mods
https://discord.com/channels/690257114635042860/690632581481234532
I belong to two other Discord servers but they are not open and membership is by Invitation only. I think many Discord servers are private
Hope you find what you are looking for
All the best Starlives

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 04:26:42 AM »
You might like GLovely1's Discord server which is Open to any simmer, has a lot of members and has no problem with mods
https://discord.com/channels/690257114635042860/690632581481234532
I belong to two other Discord servers but they are not open and membership is by Invitation only. I think many Discord servers are private
Hope you find what you are looking for
All the best Starlives

I don't know what I do wrong but following your link takes me to this page:

Note that the address do change as I'm redirected. I did try to search for "GLovely1" using the search page (see the post from Deklitch  ) but it did not bring me anything.  Searching on Google just brought me the Youtube/Tumblr/Twich and X (Twitter) links from GLovely1 (along with some stuff I will not mention here).  :-\ And people think this is SO FUN...  ::)  ???

Edit: OK, I DID find it going in through the Twitch page from "GLovely1". It's name is Planet Sims. For the future, please be more precise...

anything