Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1251577 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4320 on: April 21, 2013, 11:28:54 AM »
Hi, I'm simlover16! I have all EPs and a little bit of store content. After reading Pam's Townie DecaDynasty, I was inspired to join the forum. Charms was by far my favorite! I found it by looking for cheats... :)  I loved her writing and her adorable Sims! I'm a little confused about how the forum works, so answers would be appreciated. I have two questions:
 How do you start a new post? Do you have to be a registered member? I'm starting an Immortal Dynasty and I'd like to share it on the forum. I've read "Help" and I can't find the "new post" button.
 If you have to be a member, how do you become one? I've read the "Help" on this too, but it didn't help me that much.
 Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place or didn't do this right, I just need answers.

Welcome to the forum, simlover! Actually, you already are a registered member, since you registered an account. Yippee!  ;D

As for posting an Immortal Dynasty, there should be a button near the top of the board called, "New Topic" that you can click in order to start your Dynasty story. There might be a 5-post limit before you can start a new topic (to deter spammers and whatnot), but I'm not too sure on that. I don't think there is.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4321 on: April 21, 2013, 06:10:56 PM »
Welcome!

I'm not sure about 5 posts to start a new topic, I've been here too long to remember lol, but I do know you need to have at least 5 posts before you can edit your profile.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4322 on: April 21, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »
You don't, in fact, need five posts to make a new topic. (I just saw a new member post an Immortal Dynasty with their first post) So that's not the issue.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4323 on: April 21, 2013, 06:30:50 PM »
Ok! Thanks for confirming that Audren!

Offline CarelessSparks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4324 on: April 21, 2013, 11:12:51 PM »
Hi my name's Sparks, I have been playing Sims for quite a while, using this guide when I have issues, but recently I decided to bust out my creative side and actually post a story. :o I will start as soon as I reach my ten post minimum and sign up for the photo sharing thingymajigger. I can't wait!

Offline empow14

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4325 on: April 22, 2013, 06:14:57 AM »
So.. hello! I thought maybe I should properly introduce myself here as well.

So I'm Emma.. not really 14, as my nickname suggests :D I'm 21 years old and only started to play The Sims a few weeks ago.

As for my gameplay.. I play lots of other video games, some role play, others arcade, even a few shooters, and found myself quite puzzled with The Sims at first.. for now, I still like it the best to just play without an explicit goal, watch my Sim's wishes and let them surprise me,  which is kind of a new experience for me. But as I know me, I'll want a project or backstage plan sooner or later for some of my Sims.  I'm looking forward to try one of the challenges I read about in this forum, even though they still seem a little overwhelming for me. But I'll come to it! :)

Anyway, I hope to  learn more stuff about the game and have a lot of fun here!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4326 on: April 22, 2013, 06:46:33 AM »
Welcome Sparks and Emma! We do have a lot of challenges and projects here, some more casual than others. The Projects Board might be a good place to start, if you don't want to jump right into the Tournament challenges.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #4327 on: April 22, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »
Welcome Sparks and Emma! We do have a lot of challenges and projects here, some more casual than others. The Projects Board might be a good place to start, if you don't want to jump right into the Tournament challenges.

Emma could mean the Dynasties too. =P
Welcome to all new forumers though ^^

~Anna

Louise56

« Reply #4328 on: April 23, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »
Welcome simslover, Sparks and Emma! :)

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #4329 on: April 24, 2013, 08:42:30 AM »
Hi there, I am Elena from UK, have already posted a few replies under other threads but thought I might as well put an introduction here?
I have all EPs/SPs and a few store items. I am really loving the game thanks to the help of this great website, without your strategies I couldn't go that far.
I also quite like the challenges provided here but play them mostly unofficially - I am not an expert and my PC is not quite competent sometimes.
I am currently working on an immortal dynasty in an unofficial way, and I am not sure if it is possible to post story as I am not going after HOF.
However, since English is not my native language, I don't think I'm capable of writing good stuff so never mind.
I like to read stories of other people. Any suggestion would be welcome.
Looks like no one has answered to my question about ambition EP yet, but that's okay, I find the glitch quite mysterious anyway...

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #4330 on: April 24, 2013, 03:37:30 PM »
Hi there, I am Elena from UK, have already posted a few replies under other threads but thought I might as well put an introduction here?
I have all EPs/SPs and a few store items. I am really loving the game thanks to the help of this great website, without your strategies I couldn't go that far.
I also quite like the challenges provided here but play them mostly unofficially - I am not an expert and my PC is not quite competent sometimes.
I am currently working on an immortal dynasty in an unofficial way, and I am not sure if it is possible to post story as I am not going after HOF.
However, since English is not my native language, I don't think I'm capable of writing good stuff so never mind.
I like to read stories of other people. Any suggestion would be welcome.
Looks like no one has answered to my question about ambition EP yet, but that's okay, I find the glitch quite mysterious anyway...

Welcome Elena! There are a few dynasties that are non-official on Carl's - they don't need to be official to be posted. Ombradellarosa's Callahan Life States Dynasty isn't official, nor is sdhoey's Colt's Return, her Immortal Dynasty. They're both excellent stories either way. Eldridge, another person on here doesn't have English as his native language, plus he didn't think he could write well, and now he has two stories posted! One a story about Goodwin Goode and Sinbad Rotter, the other is his Immortal Dynasty. Even if you think you're not that good at writing, try anyways, you might just be surprised.

~Anna

Louise56

« Reply #4331 on: April 25, 2013, 09:35:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum Elena! :)

Offline TheEvilGreebo

• I Worship His Shadow
  • Nooboo
« Reply #4332 on: April 25, 2013, 10:02:01 AM »
Hola,

I'm The Evil Greebo.

I used to just go by Greebo (Terry Pratchett fans can I get a WHOOP!  WHOOP! Ohgodohgodit'schasingmeeee!!!)* but I've found over time that other people started using that name so I decided to go with the Evil Greebo because I'm willing to own up to it. ;)

I got drawn here because this place seems to have all the answers to my Sims 3 questions.

*(For non Terry Pratchett fans - Greebo is a feline companion of Nanny Ogg.  She calls him things like her loveable kitten but secretly admits that he's really a demon from hell.  Greebo once demonstrated that if you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison the cat actually exists in 3 states - alive, dead, and bloody furious.  The last state persists after the box is opened.)

Offline empow14

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4333 on: April 26, 2013, 11:22:01 AM »
Haha, awesome post, Evil Greebo!

EDIT: as I'm here, I could as well thank you all for the warm welcome, also elsewhere in the forum! You're awesome! :)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4334 on: April 26, 2013, 04:30:35 PM »
Welcome to the forums!