Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1251431 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4740 on: March 10, 2014, 02:47:13 AM »
Hi, I've just joined the forum a few weeks ago... I started with sims 3 a few years ago and it just stuck. I have commitment issues with my games and never have enough patience to see them through...  :) The longest I played was with the bunch family in 2011, I think that was about 160 sim days. So anyway, hi!

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4741 on: March 10, 2014, 06:12:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum paleogirl6

I have the opposite and believe me, it can be a royal pain lots of times.   ;D  I tend to keep my families until I have so many it affects saving games. 

I just hate giving up my families, especially ones that I do several generations with.   Need to let those babies go, and create new ones to become close too.   ;D

Anyhow, welcome and if you have questions, ask away, there are great here to do so; and I am addicted to researching so the archives are great to read also.   

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline QueenOfTheSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #4742 on: March 13, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »
Hello,My name is QueenOfTheSims

I live in a little town in Maine.I am glad to be part of this community of Simmers.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4743 on: March 13, 2014, 10:18:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum, QueenoftheSims.  I hope you'll enjoy the time you spend here.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #4744 on: March 13, 2014, 10:56:52 PM »
Hola a todos, un gusto saludarles! I am from Costa Rica, so I thought I'd better greet you all in Spanish first  ;)

My husband is the gamer and the one who introduced me to the Sims. I actually begun playing World of Warcraft, that's where the name Tandrael comes from, by the way, she's my favorite toon there! But I'm not such a good player, I tend to get distracted by the smallest things in games, so I like Sims way better because I basically play against myself… if you could call it that way.

I'm an architect and I just love building in the Sims, I must confess I run into this forum looking for a cheat to have more money at the beginning of the game, to be able to build better houses for my sims  ::) Then I run into the challenges page and I love these challenges, I learn so much! And of course I don't cheat anymore!

I also love dogs, we have a mutt and two Great Danes that we adopted, can you believe some people give away a Great Dane because of how big they get, as if that wasn't expected!

Anyways, love this site and people here are just great! I'm looking forward to make more friends and learn lots more of the Sims!

ˇPura vida!

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4745 on: March 14, 2014, 01:30:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum, 
I'm not one for a lot of the games such as WOW either, I'm not a quick enough thinker, reaction time sucks or whatever for such games.  Sims is the right speed for me.  So, I love the game also.  I see it as playing against myself, the goals I set up in what I want to do and then working to achieve them.

As for dogs, I am not surprised at people not thinking it through when they get a pet, whether it is a dog, cat, fish, bird, snake or other critter. 
Neighbor at our old home had a Great Dane, he kept him chained up outside, said he was too energetic and big to have inside.  I asked him if he had read up on the breed before he bought him, no, just wanted one and so bought him.  Thought Marmaduke was cute and so he wanted one. 

Meet someone who has a Weimaraner and he was irritated that when he locked the dog in the garage it torn up the cushions he had there. 
They are a high energy companion breed, they need to be either with someone or have other dogs around them.  And have lots of exercise, plenty of room to move around.  Not the type of dog that will go and sleep in the corner and doesn't mind being left alone.  Stubborn, intelligent, high energy, sneak thieves, clowns and great dogs to have, if you can give them what is needed, lots of love and attention, plenty of room to run and play and have a good sense of humor.   We love our Weimie and he is a member of our family, I researched their needs before we bought him.
People see the cute critter in the window and want it, not checking out what it needs to be happy and healthy. 

Welcome again to the forum.

Offline HelenMoriarty

• Grimmy's Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4746 on: March 15, 2014, 10:01:35 PM »
Belated greetings :)
I'm Helen, and I'll be 29+1 this year. I live in Germany.
Traits: Bookworm, artistic, computer whiz, slob, Loves the outdoors...
The Sims 3 is the first instalment I've played (except for a very short-lived run on my cousin's Sims 2 many years ago, on which I designed a sim and she proceeded to burst into flames when preparing a meal not five minutes later... I was too shellshocked to play after that), and I feel there is so much to discover. I've been a lurker on this site for a while, mainly reading the guide and eventually stumbling on the forum, too. It's been fantastic so far!
Apart from Sims 3, I escape spend my downtime with friends & family, playing Diablo II, watching Doctor Who, etc., all of which tends to influence sims/buildings I create in some way.
Pleased to meet you all!
Shameless advertisement!

Grimmy's Girl (Helen's story, in progress)

Emily escapes (A homeless teenage witch, in progress)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #4747 on: March 16, 2014, 01:09:28 AM »
Welcome to the forum, even it if is after you have been here a bit   ;)  I did some lurking, reading the guide, searching the achieves before I formally joined also. 

Love this place as the people here are friendly, helpful and just fun to talk to.  And understand how sims can take over your life and not see it as weird that you love the game. 

Offline patronissimo

• Nooboo
« Reply #4748 on: March 18, 2014, 08:45:45 PM »
Hi! many thank yous to Carl for manually registering me for the forums.

I've lurked and used the resource here many a time but never participated. I'd like to change that now ;)

I've been playing sims since TS1. I got into sims fandom on LJ with TS2, where I was a moderator of thesims2 for years and had what I thiiiiiiiiink was one of the first sims story blogs on there. Unfortunately the pictures are all down since my old web host went down... maybe one day I'll restore it, haha.

I play TS3 on and off but I love it a lot. My favorite town is Twinbrook (I LOVE the feel of it, the houses are SO SO great, the swampy fogginess is great... I love it so much!) and it's where I play my main family, the Rosarios. I don't really use any CC aside from store downloads because I hate waiting for everything to load, I like the look of the game as is, and Create A Style provides much more versatility than you'd think.

Anyway, I quite look forward to sharing my Sims. off to read a few posts now :)

P

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4749 on: March 18, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »
Hi! many thank yous to Carl for manually registering me for the forums.

I've lurked and used the resource here many a time but never participated. I'd like to change that now ;)

I've been playing sims since TS1. I got into sims fandom on LJ with TS2, where I was a moderator of thesims2 for years and had what I thiiiiiiiiink was one of the first sims story blogs on there. Unfortunately the pictures are all down since my old web host went down... maybe one day I'll restore it, haha.

I play TS3 on and off but I love it a lot. My favorite town is Twinbrook (I LOVE the feel of it, the houses are SO SO great, the swampy fogginess is great... I love it so much!) and it's where I play my main family, the Rosarios. I don't really use any CC aside from store downloads because I hate waiting for everything to load, I like the look of the game as is, and Create A Style provides much more versatility than you'd think.

Anyway, I quite look forward to sharing my Sims. off to read a few posts now :)

P

Welcome to the forum, patronissimo! Twinbrook is probably my favourite town, too, tied only with Midnight Hollow. I really like the swampy atmosphere and the unique genetics of the townies. It's not a traditionally beautiful town, which makes it all the better.  :D

Offline patronissimo

• Nooboo
« Reply #4750 on: March 19, 2014, 02:06:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum, patronissimo! Twinbrook is probably my favourite town, too, tied only with Midnight Hollow. I really like the swampy atmosphere and the unique genetics of the townies. It's not a traditionally beautiful town, which makes it all the better.  :D

Thanks, Audren!

I wonder what qualifies as traditionally beautiful- I mean, those old money homes in that town are STUNNING. Pidgin Roost has to be my favorite pre-made big mansion lot. So much character and personality. When it's raining there in the fall, it's just so atmospheric. The Bloc is an excellent home for a huge family to move to. (My Rosarios currently own both lots, haha.) And DeAndre Wolf is just- YUM :)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #4751 on: March 19, 2014, 06:01:20 PM »
Thanks, Audren!

I wonder what qualifies as traditionally beautiful- I mean, those old money homes in that town are STUNNING. Pidgin Roost has to be my favorite pre-made big mansion lot. So much character and personality. When it's raining there in the fall, it's just so atmospheric. The Bloc is an excellent home for a huge family to move to. (My Rosarios currently own both lots, haha.) And DeAndre Wolf is just- YUM :)

I was using the term for its landscape. Instead of nice beaches or forests, Twinbrook has the murky swamps and fog. I really like the look of it, but I would hardly consider it "beautiful" in the typical use of the word.

Offline HelenMoriarty

• Grimmy's Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4752 on: March 19, 2014, 06:15:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum, even it if is after you have been here a bit   ;)  I did some lurking, reading the guide, searching the achieves before I formally joined also. 

Love this place as the people here are friendly, helpful and just fun to talk to.  And understand how sims can take over your life and not see it as weird that you love the game.

Thanks for the welcome! Haha. One reason is that I never realised there was a forum for the longest time. But yes, it is amazing how many helpful hints and suggestions are traded here daily. Still so much to learn about the game :)
You can say that again! Part of it is that there are so many aspects you can, and will, shape yourself and then see how it plays out. Sometimes it's so 'real' it's scary... isn't it?
Shameless advertisement!

Grimmy's Girl (Helen's story, in progress)

Emily escapes (A homeless teenage witch, in progress)

Offline QueenOfTheSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #4753 on: March 20, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum, QueenoftheSims.  I hope you'll enjoy the time you spend here.  :)

I am glad to be here Thank You

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4754 on: March 22, 2014, 01:37:15 PM »
I've been playing the Sims franchise from the beginning and lurking around the forums a lot.  I don't usually post because I have no brilliant answers and I can usually find the answers to my own questions by reading.  But I love the forum and the guide.  I, sadly, gave away my COMPLETE Sims and Sims 2 collection - what was I thinking? But I am really enjoying playing along on TS3 challenges (at a much slower pace because, you know, life!).

Anyway, thanks to all who contribute so much to this site and to our game play!  I ALMOST know what I'm doing now because of all your help!      ;D ;D
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)