Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1251730 times)

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4845 on: August 19, 2014, 07:15:22 AM »
Hi, please call me Indira. I used to play Sims 1 back in high school. Played with EPs Livin' Large and House Party and I loved it! Not just me, but my siblings too. I skipped Sims 2 as I had no laptop/computer of my own when I was away at school during college.

Then in Dec 2010, my husband surprised me with Sims 3 and World Adventures! :D I had really lots of fun going on vacation adventures. I wasn't much of a lurker in the net that time (actually, I had no constant wifi connection...so yeah...), so I basically discovered stuff on my own, and solved puzzles like Vaughan's. Took a long time sometimes, but very satisfying. Having no knowledge about the bugs and stuff and all those troublesome things, I had to stop playing SIms 3, as it became unplayable in the long run. (I never knew travelDB file can really get HUGE and cause my game to crawl and come to a stop).

For some time, i was enmeshed in other games like Diablo 3, Guildwars 2, Skyrim, Reckoning and Celtic Heroes(ios). Then 1 month ago, while cleaning up space on my laptop, I saw Sims 3 again and decided to start it up and I got hooked all over again! But the same problems occurred: lags, can't save game, bad files, save files at 1GB, patch 1.67 not working.. ooohh the headaches. So I started surfing the net on how to 'fix' my game.

I saw Carl's forum every once in awhile, although I read many other articles from other websites that are related to my ongoing problems. When my problems came to pass, I just find myself reading different topics that Carl posts/posted. You're a gifted writer, by the way. I really enjoy the way you create your walkthroughs. Clear, concise, and entertaining. Not just walkthroughs, I even enjoy reading old threads on your discussions on some quirky and fun things that happen in the game. I haven't discovered the stories yet, but I will someday.

Anyway, I was planning on buying Sims 4 on Origin and I saw Carl post something about buying through the link he provided. I want to help somehow 'coz I like this forum so far. None of the bickering that are often at the Sims forum. Just a question though, when using that link, will it use my Origin/Sims account automatically? Can I still avail that option to return the game? (in case Sims 4 is intolerable, which I doubt). I'm not savvy about these stuff, I find it better to ask questions now than to regret it later when it's all too late.

Thanks for providing this haven for simmers, Carl and Pam. I'm hoping to be a part of this community for a long time.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #4846 on: August 20, 2014, 07:49:45 PM »
The old members thread seems to have kind of died, and I guess I've been gone long enough that I should basically just reintroduce myself for the new generation of members this place accumulated in my absence.

That said, hi! I'm Naomi, and I use to be super active here a year or two ago before real life got in the way and I broke my game multiple times. I probably won't have much to say about TS3 but I'll be joining in on the TS4 hype, hopefully. :)

It feels good to be back! (Third time's the charm)
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cherie0622

• Nooboo
« Reply #4847 on: August 21, 2014, 05:37:40 PM »
Hi Everyone! I'm Cherie. I'm an avid Simmer. I've been addicted since being introduced to the first Sims game. I've tried it on other platforms, but only the PC version satisfies me : )

I'm not a big builder-type. I prefer to play different challenges... But I don't finish as many as I start.

Other than that, I'm super excited to add TS4 to my collection <3

Offline YandereQueen

• Nooboo
« Reply #4848 on: August 27, 2014, 06:42:56 AM »
I want to make a question because im having problems with the sims 3 i just brought.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4849 on: August 27, 2014, 06:50:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum YandereQueen This thread is mainly for introducing yourself. Have a look on the board for an appropriate board and start a new thread there. You may get more help that way.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline lisbethsorensen

• Nooboo
« Reply #4850 on: August 27, 2014, 10:24:57 PM »
Hello! I've been lurking on this forum for... wow, four years?  ::) And I finally decided to join- there are so many people on here now, it affords a degree of anonymity.

I played Sims 1 as 2 was coming out and Sims Life Stories before I got Sims 3. I actually used Carl's Guide to decide whether or not to buy Sims 3... and I use the forum to find game ideas.

I'm pursuing a legacy right now, but I don't intend to publish a story  :P

So that's me! My name comes from my favorite sim- the third generation of my game, whom I'll probably use as a founder for other things.

Offline DizzyLizzy

• Nooboo
« Reply #4851 on: September 01, 2014, 02:05:43 PM »
Hello all!

Another lurker here, for a few weeks now. I've been playing and loving Sims 1 for many years now... I have Sims 2 on xbox which i hate, and now have recently gotten Sims 3......just in time for 4! Lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4852 on: September 03, 2014, 10:06:07 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm Jess, and another long-time lurker on the site.  I thought that the release of Sims 4 was a good time to come out of the shadows.  I've been very impressed with the well designed guide, and with the well run forum.  Thank you to the team that has obviously put a lot of work into maintaining the site; this is my favorite place to get information and ideas about the Sims.

Could someone please tell me where to find my profile information so I can edit it?  I made a typo when creating my account and the mistake in my username is bothering me.  I'd like to at least change the display name to something without a spelling error.  I use stitching_JA or stitching as my names on most sites.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #4853 on: September 03, 2014, 10:50:27 AM »
Welcome to the Forum stitching.  Members require 5 posts to edit their profiles, to ensure only legit users place links to sites in their signatures.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4854 on: September 03, 2014, 03:07:44 PM »
Thank you, Nutella.  I'd been hoping to fix my mistake before posting elsewhere, but a requirement like that makes sense.  I'll edit after I've found a few places to add to a thread.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #4855 on: September 04, 2014, 02:14:13 AM »
Hello everyone this is Platnum. I am so happy to see the new forum. It's been a long while but I knew that Carl and Pam were working on something awesome for Sims 4. I am so excited to go on this new game with everyone from scratch. And I see there's lots to read through already.

Happy Sim 4-ing everyone and welcome to all including me!!  ;D

Offline ChowFatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #4856 on: September 04, 2014, 02:44:04 AM »
Hello everyone,

Quick intro: I have been playing the Sims ever since the very first edition, and every version since. Also, I have owned and used 95% of all the Stuff Packs and expansion packs. My single most favorite addition to The Sims are seasons and weather effects, so I will be ecstatic when that comes around for TS4.

My best Sim memory has got to be first time I saw it snow in a Sims game.

My worst Sim memory would have to be when I got killed trying to repair a dishwasher. I know, that's not too bad, but that's because I pretty much enjoy all the craziness that happens in The Sims...unlike real life. That's the beauty of it :)

Anyhow, been lurking on here for a few years and felt it was time to come out from the shadows.
PC-Load Letter! What the...

Offline DragonSim6789

• Nooboo
« Reply #4857 on: September 04, 2014, 07:07:26 AM »
Hello everyone

I've been coming to Carl's guide for a few month now I stumbled across it when getting back into the Sims 3.

I've been laying Sims since the start I borrowed all Sims and all expansion from a friend in high school. Then it the Sims 2 but only the base game. I got back into Sims 3 when it came out and got the expansions slowly. Like most I was excited for Sims 4 but wasn't happy with the changes.

I got 4 yesterday and it's good thus far I hope they'll add in some past stuff.

Cheers.

Offline Echo

• Llama Wrangler
  • Derp lerpa dwee
« Reply #4858 on: September 04, 2014, 11:42:25 AM »
Howdy folks,

I guess I can't call myself a lurker since I really never messed with the forums for this site, but I sure as heck used Carl's TS3 guides a lot!

I've always been a bit jealous of the folks who seem to write great stories about their sims, and I thought that with this new release I may try my hand at it.  If anyone has good tips about how to start with that (capturing that special moment, getting just the right screenshot, keeping a good pace) I'd be happy to hear them.  My few abortive attempts to write up things in the past ended poorly because I was writing down everything and getting bogged down in detail, I think. Also I have difficulty letting my sims just do what they want to do, so I feel like I miss out on good story twists because of that.

My origin ID is EchoOph, or at least I am pretty sure it is :D  Feel free to add me if you like!

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #4859 on: September 04, 2014, 12:12:01 PM »
Hi Echo.  What I found helpful for stories in Sims 3 was to play the game, capture screenshots opportunistically while playing, saving lots of versions of the game to preserve life stages, then writing the story and going back to saved versions to set up any screenshots that the story just screamed for.  The last may well be overkill, as I found that the story often wrote itself by dint of the opportunistic screenshots.  Haven't tried it in Sims 4; still learning the game.

anything