Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236558 times)

Offline klena

• Nooboo
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4875 on: September 12, 2014, 01:45:24 AM »
Hi,
Just like to thank you for all your hard work in composing the guides.
Thanks heaps.

Offline ohohraptor

• Nooboo
« Reply #4876 on: September 12, 2014, 09:25:37 PM »
Just wanted to stop in and say hello! I've been a long time lurker of the forums and Carl's website but decided to finally take the plunge and join as a member. I played Sims 1 when it first came out and Sims 3, (w/ every expansion and most stuff packs) and now Sims 4. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4877 on: September 13, 2014, 03:12:07 AM »
Hey guys, my name is Nick but I am going by Tobey on the forum since Tobey is my main character in Sims 4! Just wanted to say hey to everyone and introduce myself. I've been using Carl's guide for a long time and think that the information he has on Sims 4 is phenomenal. Whenever I need an answer to something, I check out his guide and can find it there. If not, I find it on the forum! So it's extremely helpful.

Thanks Carl and hello everyone!!!

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #4878 on: September 16, 2014, 02:20:43 AM »
Hello, guys!

I’m the new kid here. My name is arimau but to make it simple, just call me Ari.

Nice to meet you!

Oh, just to remind you.

English is not my first language; to be exact this is my third language to learn and I’m still learning it. I hope you can bear with me. My purpose joining here is because I want to learn English (because English is the Universal language), reading stories and creating my own stories too (in English). I hear from old folks the best thing to learn is to do something that you love.

Well, yes!

I love reading and I love writing, even my writing (in English) is still unbearable to read (especially my grammar) but I promise to do my best. I've seen people in this forum are good at writing and I think this is my place (I hope so), my place to learn and The Sims 4 is a good tool for creating stories (because it’s fun to see stories with so many pictures. It’s like reading a children book!)

My Origin id is mauari anyway (because arimau is not available, grrr…).
I hope I could learn a lot from you guys and please guide me :)

Thank you!
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4879 on: September 16, 2014, 03:37:37 AM »
Welcome Ari :) I think your written English is outstanding! It reads like it is written by someone whose native language is English.

Welcome to the forum Nick, ohohraptor, Klena, Drazard (nice palindrome), Samantha, Franki, DaMook, DoHana and DrGuyks!

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #4880 on: September 17, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »
Welcome Ari :) I think your written English is outstanding! It reads like it is written by someone whose native language is English.

Oh, no! I think the word for ‘outstanding’ is too much. I think I haven’t reached there yet, I realized that I still have a lot of things to learn. Sometimes I still use a translator application, look into dictionary and ask someone who is good in English for help. And I have a red mark in English when I’m in Junior High School anyway, tee-hee.

But, thank you so much for your kind word and your compliment, Annika. That’s make me feel energized! I hope that I can keep up with everyone soon; at least: first things first, I know how to set up my Sims as my avatar soon like everyone else (I’m not a Computer Whiz! But, don’t worry! I will figure it out somehow before asking).

Welcome to everyone too :) 
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline nil

• Nooboo
  • "Not all those who wander are lost."
« Reply #4881 on: September 22, 2014, 06:26:26 PM »
A-ah, hello Sims-lovers!! My name is nil, well... it's Lin, but nil is Lin backwards and I thought it was clever at the time, eheh ;;

How should I start this, mmm... at the beginning, shall we?
My first experience with The Sims series was in 8th grade, while playing, (The Sims "1", mind you) at my friend's house ages ago, and it was love at first click~ I couldn't get enough of it, and desperately wanted my own copy, but sadly, I didn't get my own Sims game until the middle of my freshman year in high school, starting with The Sims 2!
In my sophomore year, I managed to collect all of the expansions for The Sims 2 and began to experiment with downloading mods, yet I felt I exhausted the game after trying many different mods.
Junior year, I didn't touch the Sims at all, but still missed it, deep down.
Recently (now in Senior year), I got the Sims 3 (and yes, I knew The Sims 4 was coming out) and only have a few expansions on my Steam account. I absolutely love it though, and I'm rationing myself with the expansions to truly enjoy the experience. One day, I plan on upgrading to The Sims 4, but only after I think my Sims 3 games can't stretch any further.

Ahh, sorry for such a long post. Hello to everyone though, and I hope we'll get along nicely! I've lurked along these pages for a while, the guides proving to be quite helpful~ Thank you, and have a nice day :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4882 on: September 23, 2014, 06:16:43 AM »
Welcome Lin :) I just love that expression 'love at first click'! I can truly relate to that. I hope you find the forum a happy simming home - you will find that the challenge section will really stretch your gameplay for Sims 3 and improve your knowledge of the game and each expansion. There is a wealth of knowledge both here and on Carl's guides, and plenty of friendly people to help out if you have questions.

Offline DanteEDM

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4883 on: September 26, 2014, 01:38:29 AM »
Hi,

My name is John, I go by DanteEDM. I am from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I new to posting on forums, but I love reading other peoples' posts. On most threads, I find someone has already expressed (usually much more eloquently than I) what I want to say, but I'm working on changing that and being more active.

Cheers,

John/DanteEDM

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
« Reply #4884 on: September 28, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »
Hello!
I just joined the forums yesterday. My name in Mina but I go by Billion Dollar Baby or BDB. I started playing The Sims 3 in 2011. In 2012 I got the sims 2. I am now playing The Sims 2,3,and 4. My first ever experience with sims was in 2010. I visited my cousin and saw she was playing. The Sims on Nintendo and I loved playing with her. I am a perfectionist. I can be overly ambitious and I can be a diva sometimes. I also really love to paint and read. I am a peskatarian (The only type of meat I eat is fish). I've got crazy electric blue hair. My LTW is to be a fashion designer. I am obsessed with Icecream and I cry when I can't eat it. My birthday is on December 21st though I strongly dislike winter. I am from Europe and also live there. I speak 5 languages, English, French, Korean, Arabic, and Sign.

Happy Simming ;D
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge
Must haves (TS4):Vampires, City Living

Offline justme2

• Nooboo
« Reply #4885 on: October 01, 2014, 04:35:03 AM »
Ari, you write better than a lot of people on the Internet forums I frequent.  8) Hang in there.

Coming out of semi-retirement; I was on the old Sims 3 boards occasionally.

I'm justme2 -- when something got screwed up on the official forums and I couldn't access my account, I became stilljustme2 there, and justme22 on Origin (if you want to check out my Gallery; have a few rooms, a couple of houses, and a ton of Sims. No CC in my game, but I do use several mods.

In Real Life, I'm a retired housewife (still do the work but not as much as I should) married to a retired bus driver. No kids, so I take out my nascent maternal instincts in having families in my Sims games. My Sims are usually writers starting out, because I'm a frustrated writer (I tend to write myself into corners). I'll try and hang around here a bit more, because I'm enjoying Sims 4 so much while still seeing the flaws that I hope will be corrected.

Cheers!  8)

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #4886 on: October 01, 2014, 08:53:37 PM »
Hi folks!

Another returnee here!  Just like Justme2 above, I was fairly active here at Carl's during the Sims 3 days.  I had a blast doing Metro Man's challenges -- they took the game and really "kicked it up a notch"  ;).  Unfortunately, real life dragged me away (boo, hiss).  Now, however, with the release of 4, I figured it was time to reconnect.  So, here I am!

/wave

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4887 on: October 01, 2014, 09:16:01 PM »
Welcome back SimPoseyYum! When I saw your post I realised how long it had been since I had seen you post! I hope you enjoy Sims 4.

Welcome also to DanteEDM, FashionSimm and justme2.

HazelS

« Reply #4888 on: October 04, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »
Hi everyone, my name is Hazel and I live near Edinburgh in Scotland.

I am brand new to the Sims, and was looking for some guidance when I stumbled across Carl's Guide. Lots of great tips and hints, and the forum looks pretty friendly too!  ;) I'm still finding my way within the game, so I expect I'll be here a lot.

Back to the game.  :)

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #4889 on: October 04, 2014, 12:42:32 PM »
Welcome Hazel!