Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1251048 times)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4605 on: October 22, 2013, 06:44:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Tina!

You'll need to have five posts on the forum before you can edit your profile to add your avatar.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4606 on: October 22, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »
;) Hi, I'd like to introduce myself... I'm Tina... and I'd like to say this site has been such help for me. I probably wouldn't have even played Sims 3 if it had not been for this site. I'm hooked..  ;D ...

Welcome to the forum tinareneewood. I am glad you have liked the forum. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #4607 on: October 22, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »
Hello! Let me introduce myself, my name is Luna :)

I've been lurking around this forum since a long time, but usually I'm here mostly for reading stories here. There are so many wonderful stories here! For example: I love Pam's Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty and Metro’s Man Dynasty. I usually a silent reader (because I'm not registered here before), I'm here just want to join the fun :)

Nice to meet you :)
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline simmergeek

• Nooboo
« Reply #4608 on: October 23, 2013, 12:06:58 AM »
Hi! I'm simmergeek, and I'm so addicted to the sims! I've only been playing for about a year but I've actually gotten pretty good, thanks to some videos on YouTube.

I have all the expansion packs and I think my favorites are Ambitions and Generations. I'm a sucker for making families. All my households / legacies are generations/other expansion pack.

I'm known around the web as 'walkthatwalk' but decided I needed something special for the sims :D

I mostly joined because I need friends that play the sims! No one I know in real life plays them and only one or two online friends play them.

Other than that I'm a college student who plays water polo and swims. I also really love math!

Hope to see you all around! :)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4609 on: October 23, 2013, 11:54:47 AM »
Welcome to the forum Luna and simmergeek. I hope you both have fun here on the forum.

Offline raerei

• Nooboo
« Reply #4610 on: October 23, 2013, 03:05:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd introduce myself, I'm generally a forum reader not participator, but ran across this site while looking for some information about Sims and realized there was much more here than just guide....there are STORIES!

I'm a story-lover which is why I play sims to see their lives unfold (and nudge them of course) and make them have lots of children and good lives. I was a SimCity player first and when the first game came out I foolishly scoffed and ignored it. Then a couple years ago I found a used copy of Sims2 for $5 and ended up buying every expansion. Oh the stories I could tell about Penelope Curious and how her family took over the town. Sims3 was already out when I was playing, but I didn't want to buy a game that had less functionality than 2 so I waited. A couple months back I decided it was time. I probably won't wait so long when 4 arrives next year.

I'm really interested in the stories that come of the Dynasty Challenges so I'm hoping if not to do one of them to try something very similar and tell the story. I've started writing and collecting screenshots so hopefully soon I'll be posting them here. The challenge will be to get 8 generations of vampires in a single house before the first one dies. It may be super easy, it may not, but I've enjoyed playing vampires so I thought I'd practice supermaxing and such in a slightly easier setting since I've never tried anything like that before. Then, if I have fun, I'll try for one of the dynasty challenges.

PS raerei is pronouced "ray-ray"

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4611 on: October 23, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
Welcome raerei! I'll look forward to reading your stories. I've found that the Sims 3 lends itself more easily to story-telling than the Sims 2 did, maybe because of the sims' traits.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline raerei

• Nooboo
« Reply #4612 on: October 23, 2013, 11:38:46 PM »
I'll do my best to be entertaining.  :)

I'm mostly going to let them do whatever they want and write the story around it, as long as I know where it ends, it should work out. I have found I care a lot more about my sim when i started writing her story. I'd only played her for a day of her life, and she was a lot more fleshed out in my mind. But I should have expected that. And there are definitely more options to be unique in Sims3 than before so it should be fun.

Rae

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4613 on: October 24, 2013, 02:33:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum raerei.  I am also looking forward to reading some of your stories. :)

Luanne

« Reply #4614 on: October 25, 2013, 05:43:44 PM »
Hi everyone, I love to play sims3 and have all the expansions and stuff packs. I learned a lot in the technical help thread. It is the best pace for info on the net.

Offline Morgan Freesim

• Nooboo
« Reply #4615 on: October 28, 2013, 08:39:01 PM »
Hello world!

My name is Callum and I am 16 years old. I play Sims 3 on my laptop and don't have any expansion packs. I am really looking forward to the release of Sims 4 because I would like to see how much the emotions actually effects the actions made available to you, and how much detail you can go in with the Create-A-Sim.

How are you guys?

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4616 on: October 28, 2013, 10:52:14 PM »
Hello world!

My name is Callum and I am 16 years old. I play Sims 3 on my laptop and don't have any expansion packs. I am really looking forward to the release of Sims 4 because I would like to see how much the emotions actually effects the actions made available to you, and how much detail you can go in with the Create-A-Sim.

How are you guys?

Welcome to the forum Callum. I am looking forward to the Sims 4 as well. I can't wait to see how much the game has changed.

Offline Morgan Freesim

• Nooboo
« Reply #4617 on: October 29, 2013, 07:20:20 AM »
Thanks! Anything specific you looking forward to? :)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4618 on: October 29, 2013, 07:48:06 AM »
Thanks! Anything specific you looking forward to? :)

Well coming up with new ideas for challenges and dynasties. I love making them for the challenge board. But I think just playing a family and seeing what type of skills and interactions I can do with them and how other Sims will react to them.  It looks like there are many ways to cause different emotions with them now.

And my daughter is into Sims 3 and is looking forward to Sims 4 She is the same age as you. She loves making families and playing them. She even likes playing Sims 2.

Offline Freiyr

• Nooboo
« Reply #4619 on: October 29, 2013, 12:16:29 PM »
I've lurked around enough, I suppose I should actually introduce myself.  :)

I bought The Sims 3 a couple of years ago with the intention of trying to get my wife into games (and therefore give me more time for my FPS's and MMO's), but she just isn't meant to play computer games, I suppose.  So, the game sat on the shelf gathering dust for a few years. 

Fast forward to just over a month ago.  I was in a gaming funk, tired of the same old same old (found it hard to play games where the sole focus is to kill things), so I decided, what the heck, let's install this game and see if I can get into it.  Well, thanks to few few well (or poorly?) timed sales at Origin and other sites, I now sit with all EP's, save Supernatural (which is currently on sale at Amazon, so this might be incorrect by this evening) and Showtime.  I find myself enjoying this game more than I have any other game since the heyday of Everquest. 

I think I'll leave it at that for now, lest I max out my writing skill with this just post.   :P