Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1236074 times)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #4620 on: October 29, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »
I've lurked around enough, I suppose I should actually introduce myself.  :)

I bought The Sims 3 a couple of years ago with the intention of trying to get my wife into games (and therefore give me more time for my FPS's and MMO's), but she just isn't meant to play computer games, I suppose.  So, the game sat on the shelf gathering dust for a few years. 

Fast forward to just over a month ago.  I was in a gaming funk, tired of the same old same old (found it hard to play games where the sole focus is to kill things), so I decided, what the heck, let's install this game and see if I can get into it.  Well, thanks to few few well (or poorly?) timed sales at Origin and other sites, I now sit with all EP's, save Supernatural (which is currently on sale at Amazon, so this might be incorrect by this evening) and Showtime.  I find myself enjoying this game more than I have any other game since the heyday of Everquest. 

I think I'll leave it at that for now, lest I max out my writing skill with this just post.   :P

Welcome to the forum Freiyr. I am glad you are finding the Sims 3 and the expansions fun to play.  I love the Sims 3 and am looking forward to Sims 4. Supernatural expansion has a lot of fun content in it, and I think you will enjoy it.

Offline MasterOfTheCourt

• Nooboo
« Reply #4621 on: October 30, 2013, 06:56:43 PM »
Hello, my name is Paige. I love The Sims, as it is so giant in the ideas of story telling and customization. Carl's guide really helped me out. Without it, I would be so confused right now. I love Immortal Dynasties and other stories, but I probably will not make one.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4622 on: October 30, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »
Hello, my name is Paige. I love The Sims, as it is so giant in the ideas of story telling and customization. Carl's guide really helped me out. Without it, I would be so confused right now. I love Immortal Dynasties and other stories, but I probably will not make one.

Welcome to the forum, Paige.  Glad you've been enjoying the Guide and the stories.  We definitely have a lot of talented story-writers here! 

I hope you'll enjoy the forum.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4623 on: October 30, 2013, 09:13:58 PM »

Welcome to the forum MasterOfTheCourt. I hope you enjoy all the stories our members create. Maybe someday you will create one and post it as well.

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #4624 on: November 02, 2013, 05:06:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum Luna and simmergeek. I hope you both have fun here on the forum.

Thank you for a warm welcome, Blackrosea. Yes, I already have my fun being here. Thank you :)
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline allybal70

• Nooboo
« Reply #4625 on: November 05, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »
Hi everyone!
I am Ally or more commonly known (by some people!) as MaximumSimmer on YT.

I love the SIMS and would love to learn lots and what I should do before I start playing on the 25-27th December as I will start with a live stream.

My channel link is : http://youtube.com/user/maximumsimmer
My email of business : [email protected]
My email for fan contact etc. : [email protected]
my website : http://i-m.co/allybalsims/MaximumSimer ;D  8)

Offline Veranna

• Nooboo
« Reply #4626 on: November 05, 2013, 10:20:02 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've played the sims since Pets Unleashed first came out. And over the years have collected all the original games, then I got all of the Sims 2 EPs and SPs. And right now, I have most of the EPs and a few of the SPs for TS3. I adore TS3 and there is no comparison. I'm excited about TS4 but will wait til it has some expansions before I start getting into that franchise.

But the -real- reason I am posting is because I'm an on again/off again player of TSM (Medieval) and wanted to thank Carl and his troops for keeping the forum archived and all the tips online. (I sometimes send a paypal donation on another account because of this site's usefulness for TSM). Thank you so much!

TSM isn't my favorite Sims game but time and again, sometimes I want to hack and slash at the achievements and try new ideas for game play. TSM runs and loads pretty fast and nearly without a glitch on my laptop, so the fact that its so portable makes it a lot of fun for me.

Thank you, for the Carls Sim 3 guide! This was the only way I could think of sharing my joy of the TSM archives.

Happy Simming!

Veranna

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4627 on: November 06, 2013, 06:35:38 AM »
Welcome, Veranna! I got into TS3 through TSM, and the TSM guide is how I found this forum, too. We have lots of tips for TS3 here, and plenty of helpful people.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4628 on: November 06, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've played the sims since Pets Unleashed first came out. And over the years have collected all the original games, then I got all of the Sims 2 EPs and SPs. And right now, I have most of the EPs and a few of the SPs for TS3. I adore TS3 and there is no comparison. I'm excited about TS4 but will wait til it has some expansions before I start getting into that franchise.

But the -real- reason I am posting is because I'm an on again/off again player of TSM (Medieval) and wanted to thank Carl and his troops for keeping the forum archived and all the tips online. (I sometimes send a paypal donation on another account because of this site's usefulness for TSM). Thank you so much!

TSM isn't my favorite Sims game but time and again, sometimes I want to hack and slash at the achievements and try new ideas for game play. TSM runs and loads pretty fast and nearly without a glitch on my laptop, so the fact that its so portable makes it a lot of fun for me.

Thank you, for the Carls Sim 3 guide! This was the only way I could think of sharing my joy of the TSM archives.

Happy Simming!

Veranna

Welcome to the forum Veranna.

I am glad you have found the forum useful especial the Sims Medieval. I did not play that game myself as much. I have been addicted to all of the Sims games. I am looking forward to Sims 4.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #4629 on: November 08, 2013, 08:19:46 PM »
Hello. I have been using this guide for quite some time now. I just love it. If I am unsure of how to do something, I Google it and it always leads me here. I would really like to find some Simmer friends. I have played since the beginning. I just love the game. I usually make a family and try and raise all those kids I have. Currently, I have 5 and plan on one more. So much fun! My username on Sims3 is sarahajones. My neice set up the account for me and used her name. Oops. Anyway, I am glad to join the forum and hope to make a few friends here.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4630 on: November 08, 2013, 08:27:40 PM »
Hello. I have been using this guide for quite some time now. I just love it. If I am unsure of how to do something, I Google it and it always leads me here. I would really like to find some Simmer friends. I have played since the beginning. I just love the game. I usually make a family and try and raise all those kids I have. Currently, I have 5 and plan on one more. So much fun! My username on Sims3 is sarahajones. My neice set up the account for me and used her name. Oops. Anyway, I am glad to join the forum and hope to make a few friends here.

Welcome to the forum Shay. I am glad the forum has been a real help for you. :)  If you like to add me as a friend, my Sims 3 forum name is blackrosea.

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #4631 on: November 08, 2013, 08:48:04 PM »
Thanks. I have added you as a friend. I see your as addicted to the game as I am. Love to just sit and play.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4632 on: November 08, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
Thanks. I have added you as a friend. I see your as addicted to the game as I am. Love to just sit and play.

Hehe I love playing to. I also love the challenges and dynasties we have in the forum under challenges board, if you are interested. :)

Offline Shay

• Townie
« Reply #4633 on: November 09, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »
 was thinking of trying one of the challenges or the dynasty. Hummm, which one first?

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #4634 on: November 09, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »
was thinking of trying one of the challenges or the dynasty. Hummm, which one first?

Well, the challenges have a time limit on them. The military challenges ends at midnight your time on Sunday night. The finale challenge for this year ends at midnight Sunday December 8th your time. The finale takes a little longer to complete than the military challenge. If you can not complete the finale challenge, you can submit a score still  based on what you could complete. :)  Dynasties can be done at any time or speed you like.

Hope to see you on the challenges board and ask any questions you need regarding dynasties. However, challenges we are stricter about questions in the thread because of strategy talk. If you are unsure, just drop the challenge team a PM (private message) with your question. The people on the challenge team are myself, Nutella, Metropolis Man, and ratchie.

Good luck and have lots of fun.