Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179214 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: So Not Narcissistic! (03/07 new)
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2017, 02:02:03 PM »
Great update!  I love that you put Bradly and Don together and that they are going to be having a nooboo!

The restaurant looks great too.  How did you do the roof?  Are those giant clay balls on top?

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: So Not Narcissistic! (03/07 new)
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2017, 03:24:03 PM »
Huh. Don and Bradly. Didn't see it coming, but I think I approve :)

Love Korma Chameleon - both the name and the building itself.

And welcome Megumi!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 1 + 1 = 3 (Real Math!)
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2017, 01:47:15 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
Lol, noooooo! Bradly's not a mirror image of Don, or am I the only one who still believes that?
Your demand is my command! I've put together some collages and only hope that they are sufficiently "intense" for you.
Thank you for your compliments but I don't think the Bradly/Don subplot ranks as narrative perfection, haha.
And, yes, you're exactly right about the shy, modest Megumi in Food Wars! But our Megumi will be a spitfire (I hope!).

@PeregrineTook
I'm not feeling bad about Candy because I'm thinking you might lavish her with narrative attention in your story! ;-)
You are so darn funny, Pippin! Yes, too bad about the joggers, eh?
I didn't take a screenshot but even Geoffrey Landgraab has taken to a little pre-aperitif jog!!!

@wfgodot
I'm so thrilled that you're thrilled. Don won't be moving in, however, because the household already has six sims. Kind of a taste of his own medicine, hehe.
Don won't age at all, though, so maybe a later generation. And they don't look alike, they don't!!!
   Oh yes, Katrina Calienta was driving me crazy--good thing Yukio could only afford four tables! I could make do with just the one chef. Sheesh!
Megumi thanks you for the welcome!

@Caterina
Thanks for dropping by. For the domes, I enlarged the Spherical Emitter in the Fountain Decorations category, then used MOO to put a spire on top. 
The restaurant's still far from done yet! Please stop by again!

@Alex
I hadn't planned on Bradly and Don either, but he showed up as Bradly's co-worker at the Lab and readers kept saying they looked like. They don't! (lol)
But I'm glad you approve.
Thank you for the nice words about the restaurant!

1.7 Yukio Soma (4/4): 1 + 1 = 3 (Real Math!)

Yukio: We're all very busy now since we'll be switching households tomorrow night.
Nevertheless, there's a matter of utmost import that begs further discussion. Bradly?
Bradly: Thank you, Yukio. I'd like to lay to rest, once and for all, any more rumors about Don and I resembling each other. We don't!

For the image below, I have shamelessly cropped a portion of the 1903 painting "Echo and Narcissus" by John William Waterhouse (1847-1917).

Bradly: Dear readers, I present before you Exhibit No. 1: portraits of both of us in profile then wearing my hairstyle.
Our noses may look similar from the front but differ in profile.
Also, my olive skintone is distinctly lighter than Don's.

Bradly: Exhibit No. 2 consists of portraits of us wearing Don's hairstyle.
I have smaller eyes which Watchette finds very attractive.
And my lips are shaped somewhat like Don's but are thinner.

If you still have trouble telling us apart, I guess I could introduce Don to our closet and give him the tragic clown hair…

And now, back to our usual programming…

Week 1/Friday

Yukio: We all go to work today and bring home promotions, so it's a productive day career-wise.
The new nanny comes out to greet me and follow me around while I inspect the garden.

I fired our first nanny before work today, because she was harassing Bradly and me.
After Yuki returned from work at 4 pm, she fired the second nanny for ignoring  three "Megumi is starving" warnings.
I really hope this third nanny works out! She looks rather intense, don't you think?

Because of all Bradley's recent grafting and evolving, our garden hasn't produced much yet.
That's why we come to San Myshuno to buy Bradly his carrots.

Yuki: Since we're here, Yukio and I start painting.
Candy's a music lover, if you remember, so she's upstairs playing the violin.
Yukio: This isn't such a great idea, since you earned a better easel today!

Bradly: I continue building my handiness, but I really don't approve of skilling here, either.
Every second that nobody's at home, our garden stops growing!

Yukio: We make three brief stops on the way home. First stop, Shimuzu Restaurant.
Yuki: Don't you think it's a little late to be eating, Yukio dearest?

Candy: I can't believe you chose Don Lothario when I'm living right under the same roof as you!
Bradly: Oh please get over yourself! You look nothing like me!

Bradly: So why are we here at Shimuzu, if not to dine?
Yukio: I'm trying to find my errant chef, Genji Suzuki. But the only chef here is Kyra Gupta.

Yukio: I fail to find Genji at Chez Llama as well. I wonder if that Peppino Lovell is a talented cook.
Bradley: So, what now? Do you want to check all the bartenders, too?
Yukio: Hardly! Do you mind quickly visiting my restaurant? I'm going to hire a new cook!

Yuki: We get home in time for Megumi's birthday!

Megumi: I'm on my way to watch Papa in the kitchen!

Megumi: Now, I'm walking back to the living room to watch Mama painting!

Yukio: Nothing like toddler spam to motivate our lazy watcher into finally covering the floors and walls!
Hey! In my defense, I've been trying to save money for the restaurant, okay?
You still need between $70,000 to $80,000, due to depreciation.

Yukio: You're joking, right? We  only have $22,000 right now. *looks dejected

Saturday

Yukio: It's past midnight when I decide to give the wishing well a try.
Just as I make my wish, that weird nanny runs out and tries to chat with me.
I'm only giving this third nanny one more chance!
I was so upset to see her running toward Yukio that I took the shot with the walls down. Grrrr!

Yuki: Notice how the elderly nanny is standing all up in my husband's business?
Whereas Yukio has a 3-hour Confident moodlet from cooking, notice that the nanny's feeling flirty?
*proceeds to fire the third nanny
What is wrong with these nannies anyway?

Yuki: I'll just have some of this cowplant cake for breakfast!
Megumi: Mama's so pretty that she can even make being puked out by a cowplant look good!

Megumi: On my way to the potty with Papa! I'm most definitely a daddy's girl!
Don't you think Papa's even prettier than Mama!

*hums: You daddy's rich and your mama's good-looking, so hush little baby…

Megumi: Dear readers, meet Daichi Yoshida, our fourth--and, hopefully, our last--nanny!

Yukio: I work from 3 pm and decide not to open the restaurant.
Since it's Saturday, I want to spend time helping Megumi learn her skills.
I use the "Teach to talk" social to get her to Level 2 Communication.
Now she can "Learn Animals" with the nanny using flash cards.

Bradly: Nothing wrong with asking the repairman to mentor me and my third-trimester baby bump in handiness!
Aaaaand, I've reached Level 7 handiness. Thanks tons, Druv!

Bradly: Thanks for coming over, sweetheart! It's almost time and I want you to be here!
Don: Wouldn't miss our nooboo's birth for the world!

Druv: Oh, I see now! So that's how it is! Level 7 handiness, my plumbob!

Bradly: I'm going into labor, Don!
Don: We're not going to the hospital?
Bradly: You're here with me, Don. That's all I need.

Don: What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?
Bradly: huff, puff…

Bradly: Meet our beautiful baby boy, Braddon Storey!
You're going to be grow up to be so fabulous, Braddon!

Bradly: I'll ensure that you have flawless taste, manners, and fashion sense.
And your Papa Don can help you….he can help you..um, let me think…be buff?

Sunday

Yukio: Watchette, you'd said last Sunday that I could go overtime for two hours into Sunday.
Can we spend the time improving the restaurant?
I'm hoping the other families will dine here until you return to us in two weeks!
Sure, let's do it!

Week 2 Status of the Restaurant Bloodline

Founder: Yukio Soma
Traits: Creative, Foodie, Cheerful
*Completed requirements: None *sighs
*Incomplete requirements:
  Portrait: none
  Career: Chef (L7)
  Restaurant: Korma Chameleon, resale value = $64,257
  Star rating: 2.5 stars

Gen2 Heir: Megumi Soma
Toddler skills: Potty Level 1, Thinking Level 4, Communication Level 2, Imagination Level 2

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 1 + 1 = 3 (Real Math!) (03/08 new)
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2017, 05:28:35 AM »
Korma Chameleon, Resale value = $64,257

No one asked, but I thought I'd share my restaurant.  ;D
It borrows building tricks from several builds on the Gallery, such as the use of enlarged spiral emitters for domes.
I'm not sure how to lay out the interior yet.

A bird's eye view

Looking through the front entrance

The foyer and reception area

The dining area

Notes:
Tonight we did around $35,000 worth of additional building and furnishing.
By the time we reached the dining area, we placed two more tables and started adding decor then ran out of money.
So the bathroom tile on the walls is just temporary, lol.
Landscaping doesn't add much to resale value, so I haven't done any. Or maybe surround the restaurant with water?

The biggest problem with being so poor that one is forced to build in several stages: depreciation...

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 08:30:02 AM »
I am really enjoying Bradly/Bradley and Don's storyline and pictures.  Congrats on the nooboo combo!  Brilliant!

The restaurant is very colorful and pretty.  It feels warm and inviting too.  Nice work.

Are you enjoying building?  It is very rewarding when you complete a build, even if it was a bit drudging to finish, and then step back and think "Hey, that looks pretty good!  I did, that!".  I do that.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 11:14:26 AM »
I've missed so much! First off, sorry that you failed your first attempt, but at least it seems like you're making good progress with this one. Moss 2.0 and Megumi are both adorable, and I love seeing the Indian influence in the restaurant (I LOVE Indian food). Can't wait to see the vampire family!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 01:06:33 PM »
Yes! Those collages will do very nicely. For now. I may be slinging unreasonable requests at you every time Braddon (that name!) ages up, but for now I am very satisfied. The one with Narcissus! I want to frame it. :)

I suppose now would not be the time to tell you that at first glance I thought the second collage was six pictures of Bradly and the third one six pictures of Don . . . ? At any rate, now I see that their eye colors are completely different! No mistaking that! Oh, and Bradly has earrings! Two unique individuals!

So sorry about your errant chef! And your nannies! You may have to head over to Artie's neighborhood and kidnap Shingo. That is some rotten nanny luck. Nevertheless, Megumi grew up super cute! She has some very good nervous/skeptical looks in this chapter, but I'm sure she'll grow into her spitfiery-ness.

Poor Druv. You have potential, but I'm afraid your scruffy facial hair and pear-shape disqualify you from membership in the Don Lookalike Club.

The restaurant looks stunning! It's so inviting. I love the fountain! And the screens! And the rugs! Do the enlarged water-emitters still emit water?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2017, 05:33:17 PM »
LOL I can't believe you're considering punishing Don with different hair because of us! 

Hahah, but then Bradley's dis to Candy cause she doesn't look like him.  Well, which is it oshizu! 

Wow.  Walls down in a shot.  You truly WERE upset!  What's with these nannies of yours.  You better stop making good looking guys.  Maybe it'll help?
Yukio does indeed look stunning in the shot of him carrying Megumi.

...Braddon?  LOL I can't stop laughing!  Leave it to these two to name the kid after themselves - only after dating each other cause they look like themselves.

The restaurant is amazing.  Definitely my favorite I've seen you build so far.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2017, 01:01:50 AM »
My Goodness your building skills are great! You restaurant is very fresh looking and cleverly organised.. well done you! This family had some fantastic puns and the Bromance? LOVED it!! Don has always been a favourite of mine, and seeing him with Bradley.. "completes" him!  :P Looking forward to your next family with great interest!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Getting Ready to Rumble
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »
@Caterina
I'm glad you're enjoying the Bradly/Don subplot. And yes, I'm really hoping that Megumi and Braddon will work out as a couple. (Sorry, Sergio--we'll find a place for you, I promise!)
About building, I've really enjoyed this challenge's restaurants because they're themed. Houses are much harder, I think, because I prioritize non-aesthetic properties for home lots (like skill-grinding, lol); restaurants don't need skilling areas and only need to satisfy a limited number of functions.

@NexttoNormal
Thanks for stopping by! I don't really mind failing the first time, because I learned from the many mistakes I made then. Also, as we all know, it's the process of playing a multi-generational challenge that is the most enjoyable (sez I,  in preparation for another failed attempt, hehe).

@FrancescaFiori
Oh, what a demanding taskmaster you are! I thought that painting's portrayal of Narcissus aptly captures the relationship dynamic of Bradley and Don. (The painter must be turning over in his grave; I feel a little bad about that…not bad enough, obviously.)
Hahaha, so they still look a lot alike, huh? Their eye shape/color and skintone are distinct!
And yeah, horrid luck with nannies this time! And have you noticed that I've been exercising supreme restraint this time? I mean, you haven't seen a single one of my sims exercising or jogging! (yet)
Poor Druv! Bradly's a snob so now that he's reached L7 Handiness, he wants no pear shapes in his proximity. Don, being Don, will suffer no rivals for Bradly's attentions.
No, the spiral emitters don't shoot water anymore. I wonder if it's because I enlarged them, or because I placed the spires on top.  Not sure…

@wfgodot
Lol, I was totally yanking your chain about the tragic clown hair. As for Bradly, he wishes to transcend his status as (in someone's wording) a Don Lookalike, and feels that he is--in fact--much better looking than Don. So, Bradly is dissing Candy for not looking like Bradly, not for not resembling Don. I can't believe I actually wrote all that on Bradly's behalf, but I mean every single word. LOL
    I'm glad you approve of their son's name. I wish the Sims 4 CAS offered matching father/son looks so the trio could dress alike to form a familial mutual admiration society, hah! I'll have to see if that can happen when Braddon reaches childhood, though Don will no doubt protest.
    Korma Chameleon really benefited from the City Living Game Pack, which seems to include lots of build/buy objects conducive to a South Asian theme.

@KTK10
    I'm only learning to build through this challenge, but thank you for the compliment. I can't build a "regular house" to save my life, but non-Western architecture really excites me. I don't know if "non-Western" is the right word because I really loved the Granada Palace in southern Spain. But that's Moorish, right?
     I'm not sure how Bradly and Don will fare in future updates. Bradly's a snob but approves of Don due to their resemblance, while non-commital Don chases Bradly because Bradly's not all over him (or is playing hard to get).  I can't wait to see their toddler, though.

1.8  Serena Zanna (1/4): Getting Ready to Rumble

Week 1/Sunday

Serena: Watchette finally returns to our house in the wee hours of the morning.
Caleb: As soon as she arrives, my beloved Serena insta-complete hers Vampire Family aspiration's first milestone.

What? You didn't wait for my return to transform into a vampire? Selena Sciarri waited for me, you know!
Serena: Maybe I transformed early because that Bradly chatted with me at the Lab last Tuesday…
So, if you and Caleb are both vampires, what are you waiting for?
Serena: A proposal and a big, fat diamond ring would be nice…

Caleb: Yes, dearest, I agree that producing an heir early ranks as the highest priority!
Serena: I'm expecting Krug Rosé Brut and black roses in the near future, darling.

Lilith: Meanwhile, the third-wheel sister stays downstairs, reading up on Vampire Lore!
Watchette, do you want me to garden and to max Logic and a music instrument like last time?

Just to shake things up, I thought I'd let you be more creative this time around.
For now, though, just keep reading up on Vampire Lore!

Serena: Around 6 a.m.,  a pregnancy test says I'm eating for two! I share the big news with Caleb. How utterly cool that he's as stoked as I am!

I didn't handle vampire ranks well last time because I didn't know any better.
You vampires will be leveling your ranks faster this time, I hope.

Serena: Caleb and I start the garden in the basement since I'm not a daywalker like Caleb.
I'll need to reach at least Level 5 Gardening for my bloodline requirement.

Caleb: I start planting what will eventually become our plasmafruit tree orchard outdoors.
It still makes no sense that plasmafruit offer no additional benefits at higher qualities.

Or do we get better moodlets from Plasma Janes and Plasmafruit Salads made from quality fruit?
We'll figure out some beneficial use for plasmafruit eventually, I guess.

Not winning any popularity contests at work, I see. Why does Don Lothario dislike you?
Serena: Bradly's baby daddy? I really have no idea!
How nice that you and Dennis Kim are buddies.
Serena: Is that supposed to be funny?

Caleb: Speaking of popularity, I've already started on the "Make 5 friends" goal for my Good Vampire aspiration.
Serena: Good for you, Caleb! I hope you get to complete your aspiration this time!

Serena: What level Vampire Lore do I need to be able to buy the plants I require, Lilith?
Lilith (sighs): Just go read Carl's Guide on Vampire Lore. That's what I did before I started reading!
Caleb: Don't be mean, Lilith. It's Level 8, Serena. And why are we all reading right now?

I want to make more use of the drinks you can mix at the higher levels of Vampire Lore.

Lilith: So I read that the Sunlight Reversal Cocktail enables a vampire to walk in broad daylight.
I'm making two shots, one for Serena and one for me!
Serena: I was hoping we could visit the Flea Market today to interview potential roommates, but it seems that we missed it!
Caleb: Watchette, could you keep track of the festivals for us?
Since we only see you every three weeks but the festivals occur in two-week cycles, we should try to visit every festival we can!

Lilith, after making a Sunlight Reversal Cocktail for Serena, you dropped your queue in the middle of making 3 more Sunlight Reversal Cocktails!
Congratulations, you just wasted $1,200 worth of ingredients! Is there a cooldown for making that drink? *sighs

Caleb: The three of us visit the apartment of Penny Pizzazz in the Spice Market.
Serena is considering Penny Pizzazz as our fourth household member and I need three more friends. So I'm working on it!

Serena: And don't you be using your Vampiric Allure power on her! You just need to be friends, you hear?

Serena: Lilith has acquired the Ultimate Tome, so I ask her to continue learning Vampire Lore in Penny's apartment.
Since she failed to make a Sunlight Resistance Cocktail for herself, she has no sun resistance.

So, of course, she vampiric-runs downstairs to read in the sun, while burning up. *rolls eyes

Serena: I'm absolutely loving the Sunlight Reversal Cocktail and fearlessly roam the Spice Market in full sunlight!
I lack the rank to buy the Vampire Creation power, but I can still scout for possible offspring!

I try out my new Observant power on sims who arrive at the Spice Market!
Wyatt Patrick is a snobby, Romantic slob who works as a restaurant host. And most important, he is not pear-shaped!
He's definitely on my short list!

Serena: Oh look, a living statue! I've so been hoping to meet one to move in! And she's one of my co-workers, too!
My Observant power teaches me that she's an evil, hotheaded bookworm so, to put it mildly, she's not really an ideal roomie.

I also meet an unflirty, self-assured, bro repairlady, who would make a great offspring. But I introduce her to Caleb so he can befriend her first.

Serena: Hey, it's that Ayaka Mori, the vampire who Watchette told me about!
Apparently, my Observant power doesn't work on fellow vampires, so I sit down to learn her traits. You know, the old-school way.

And that's Yumiko Watanabe sitting in front of us, stuffing her face.

Serena: I learn that Ayaka is a Prime Vampire so I ask her to train me.
And, Yumiko, I've officially deleted you from my list of possible progeny!
Anyone who gets up from the table as ungracefully as you doesn't deserve to become a vampire!

The redhead seated in front of Ayaka is Maki Ishikawa, the hostess of Korma Chameleon.
Caleb learns that the little girl's name is Saya Nakamura. I wonder who her parents are?

Serena: Where did the repairlady go, Caleb? And why are you looking embarrassed.
Caleb: …
Serena: Hmmm, I see I'll need to put a ring on it…

And maybe we could have Lilith prepare one of those Draughts of Reconfiguration, too?
For this challenge, Caleb needs to be a spouse, not a player, right?

Serena: I meet yet another vampire tonight, Kyra Gupta, who's a chef at the Shimuzu Restaurant.
She's also a Grand Master vampire who I'd like to befriend. Still a young adult, Kyra would make the perfect roommate or spouse for our son!
But she's a self-assured, bookworm kleptomaniac, so I'll be meeting here away from the home lot, hehe.

Caleb: To help with my Good Vampire aspiration, Serena invites some sims along with us to that new restaurant in Oasis Springs.
For my detractors out there, I'll have you know that I successfully befriend Jackie the repairlady without pink bars!
Serena: Oh honey, I'm so sorry for doubting you! You must have tried a friendly hug on the unflirty Jackie.

By the way, Yukio Soma has only hired two wait staff, but a third one stands in front of the right chef station (behind the bamboo).

Serena: We four vampires enjoy our Plasma Janes and Plasmafruit Salads.
Caleb: I gain my fifth friend, Diego Lobo, while Serena and Lilith chat with Kyra and Jackie.
Serena: As for you, Diego, I want you for the Zanna bloodline, just not this generation!

Caleb: I'm surprised to learn that Diego is unemployed. I'd assumed he'd be a Level 9 Art Critic, like last time…
Lilith: Jackie's no longer employed, either. I wonder what triggered their unemployment?

Monday

Caleb: Very early the next morning, we make a short trip to Granite Falls, as is the custom in our world.
While I gather herbs and insects, Serena reads up on Vampire Lore indoors.
Serena: Lilith tries her hand at painting, but her Genius trait overpowers her Creative trait, so I send her home.

Serena: The wishing well blesses me before my first day of work! I really need it!
Unlike my rivals, I start as a Level 1 Scientist. But I don't leave for work just yet…
Caleb: Because right before Serena must leave for work, I invite someone to move in.

Penny: Greetings, all! I'm the fourth and final adult addition to this household!
Mysteriously, I also lost my job as a Level 10 Internet Celebrity. But I join the Painter career just now.
You must think I'm daffy to move into a vampire household, but Serena promised that I will never be fed on against my will.

Serena: Everyone's role in the household has been decided.
I will work on my Scientist career, my Vampire Family aspiration, and rocket science.
Caleb will garden and learn to craft camping mascots.
Lilith will be the Logic mentor/gardening assistant and perhaps learn the piano.

Penny joins our household with a mad array of skills! But she will be our painter.

Penny, you will also be giving birth to a child. You'll need a baby daddy with looks that would translate well to a daughter…but who?
Do we know any male sims with baby faces? *scratches chin
(And yes, Sergio, we see you back there, but you're going to sire a son, not a daughter...

Serena: I've thought of the perfect sim for you, Penny!

Coming Next: Penny Pizzazz Meets Baby Daddy

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Getting Ready to Rumble (03/09)
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »
Bradley + Don = Braddon.  So clever!  Loving how you're playing them up as the Narcissus twins  :=)
Poor Candy.  Her love is unrequited because she doesn't resemble Bradley (who swears Don doesn't look like him either). 
Megumi is such a little cutie!!!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2017, 07:57:22 PM »
Ooooh! I spy a blue cardigan and a sweet baby face in the background of that last shot! Wheeee! Good choice, Penny.

I love Serena's expensive and specific taste in the items with which she chooses to be romanced. Black roses, indeed! Get on it, Caleb!

I think Wyatt the snobby, romantic, slob is my sim twin. Except for the Hawaiian shirt.

The garden is looking great, as always. Remind me why you always go to Granite Falls for plants and insects. Is it because herbs grow quickly? And it's all part of your master grafting plan to make sims level gardening quickly? I seem to remember you saying something about that, but maybe it's just because you love gardening. Inquiring minds!

Anyway, great chapter! Serena is lovely and I'm so excited for the nooboo!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2017, 09:56:02 PM »
I must have been posting my earlier comments at the same tie you posted this update!  Glad I hopped back on the site today  :=)
Penny is lovely.  I've considered, but then not picked her, multiple times.  Looking forward to seeing who the baby daddy is!
That's right, Caleb, you'd better not be flirting around behind my girl Serena's back!
Team Serena!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2017, 10:46:47 PM »
What a gem Lilith is.  Haha... She's almost reminding me of Summer in some ways.  She's on a roll, isn't she?
You want to move in a living statue?  I don't know why, but this makes me happy.  Something about those guys greatly amuse me.
I like Kyra a lot.  And I'm glad to see Diego making an appearance, even though he won't be joining yet :(

Now I'm really curious about who Penny's baby daddy is.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Penny Pizzazz and Her Razzamatazz
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2017, 02:25:42 AM »
@PeregrineTook
I'm glad you like Bradly + Don. I should have Bradly acquire a club of his own so he can invite Don and rename it "The Narcissists." :-)
What a shock to see Caleb's embarrassed moodlet for unsuccessfully flirting with the repairlady. Then I remembered FrancescaFiori's remark about her unflirty Akito disliking friendly hugs. When I checked Caleb's relationship panel he had no romance bar with the repairlady. Still, I'm tempted to have him drink the Draught of Reconfiguration to remove Vampiric Allure. Do you think I'm being too much of a control freak? Lol!  Oh, and Serena is very grateful for your support! <3
   Now, I'm facing a bit of a dilemma here. Since the household only has six sims, part of me really, really wants Serena & Caleb to have a daughter because she would be like Serena 2.0. The rational side of me knows I don't need any more toddlers. Maybe I just need to use genetics in a separate file, just to satisfy my curiosity…and yours?

@FrancescaFiori
Just because Sergio got a little action in my first attempt, he has been totally stalking all my households this time. I must see him at least 2-3 times a day around whichever house I'm at, rofl. I feel a little bad for him, but Braddon must be the Soma Gen2 spouse.
  Wyatt Patrick wants to know what you have against Hawaiian shirts!?
  Everyone goes to Granite Falls to optimize their cash crops. Most of the herbs grow in 18-hour cycles. If you graft a cash crop to one of those fast-growers, you can harvest 5 dragonfruit/UFO plant/Sixam fruit every day. And since their growth cycles are short, they also seem to evolve faster (this might be just my imagination).
So, assuming I have two planters with 4 spliced herbs each, that would be 40 dragonfruit a day.
Haha, sorry I got carried away and gave you a longer explanation than you wanted.

For leveling Gardening, the fast-growers are good simply because they are quickly available for grafting, which is the fastest way to level up Gardening after Level 5.
Also I'm using Fabulously Wealthy as a shared aspiration, so it's handy that any unskilled sim can harvest and sell garden produce right off the bat.

@wfgodot
I know it's my fault for not figuring out how to use Lilith properly.
She seems to do best at never-ending activities--like sitting at the chess table, stargazing in the observatory, practicing an instrument, or mentoring. Then she doesn't annoy me and disrupt Caleb's skilling as much. LOL. I've disabled vampiric run on Lilith so she has to actually walk from place to place now. It's bad enough that she drops her queue so frequently, like all the time! I almost made her human as a penalty for annoying me!
Earlier today, I was considering making Social/Friendly a banned club activity, hahaha. (Yes, I'm feeling that desperate!)

Moving in a living statue would be somewhat cheesy since they are immortal.
I would, of course, use such a living statue with the utmost discretion. But anyway, the one we met had awful traits. I don't want any Mean roomies, if I can help it.
Penny's secret will be revealed in this update, hehehe.

Important Note: Sorry that the first few days of every household are so boring.
They all pretty much do the same thing to prepare for work promotions and income generation.

1.9  Serena Zanna (2/4): Penny Pizzazz and Her Razzamatazz

Week 1/Monday

Lilith: No one has explained to me, Caleb, why Penny Pizzazz has moved in.
Caleb: Oh, Penny? She's going to be the household painter and she's going to have a child, too.
Lilith: I understand why I can't be the painter without reward traits, not to mention my Genius trait overriding Creative!
But why can't I be the one having a child?
Caleb: Because you're my sister, your child would always be only a spare or helper.
Penny's child, on the other hand, could also grow up to be a Zanna spouse.

Caleb: Did you hear the Dineros already have a toddler heir as well as a toddler helper?
The Somas also have a toddler heir, too! We need to catch up!

Lilith: And I heard through the grapevine Serena's co-worker in the Soma House had a son!
Caleb: Yes, it's hard to believe that notorious playboy has settled down.
Lilith: What's his name again?
Caleb: Serena says folks at the Lab have started calling him Not-Bradly.

Lilith: Have you seen Penny this morning? Is she off painting in her locked balcony?
Caleb: She mentioned something about Phase 1 earlier…

Bjorn: Hey, I'm really glad you decided to join my club The Good Timers!
Penny: Thanks for letting me join, Bjorn, and for coming over on such short notice.

Bjorn: Well, it's nice to be invited over by such a pretty girl as you but you could have joined without meeting face to face.
Penny: I'm aware of that, Bjorn. But, now that we're friends, I have a super big favor to ask of you!

Bjorn: Penny, please stop! I hear you're seeking a baby daddy but I'm a married man, albeit unhappily.
Well, maybe I could make just the one teeny-tiny exception for you…

Penny: Silly man, that's not what I want! What I want is to take over your club!

Psych! Lol

Bjorn: Well, that was an utterly embarrassing assumption on my part!
Penny: Phase 1 of Project Penny's Razzamatazz is complete!

The Good Timers already has Rally the Troops, so this club will do for now.

Penny: Proceeding to Phase Two, who needs a dead beat baby daddy, anyway?
I check the adoption agency for available adoptees, finding 4 nooboos, 4 toddlers, and at least 4 children.
Which one would be the best choice? Hmmmm….

Penny: Watchette intervenes and forces me to choose a toddler because she's a masochist. And so I adopt Corina in the white bunny suit.
Welcome to the Zanna household, little Paola! And yes, I gave her an Italian first name.
What do you think? "Paola Pizzazz"…it has a certain ring to it, yes?

A happy Paola, after a successful potty sesh with the founder

Serena: Seriously, Lilith, I'm finding your constant need to interact with your brother to be borderline obsessive.
Do you really need to welcome him to Zanna Club twice every half hour?  Would you mind letting him study Vampire Lore?

Lilith: Well, since I made him stand up before Watchette rudely cancelled my "Welcome,"  I'll just stand here in front of him to read.
Aaarrgggh!

Serena: Thinking she needs something else to do, I ask Lilith to "Play" with Paola.

An angry Paola, after being roughhoused by Lilith while playing

Serena: After work, we come to San Myshuno to buy my carrots.
It's nice to have time to just chill with Caleb for a change.

Penny: Shall I just chat with Paola or use the Teach to Talk social?

Caleb: With a shock, Serena and I remember that we've only been together for a short while as the active household.
Serena: But we already have the connection from a past save file--I mean, past life--so we become BFFs (again) in no time.

Serena: We make the customary pilgrimage to Magnolia Promenade, where I catch a dragonfruit but no cowberry.
I'll need to try fishing for a cowberry again at Desert Bloom Park. Harvesting cowberries by grafting will take too long!

Tuesday

Serena: Off to work, looking like a whale! I'm beached as, bro!

Caleb: We almost go back to Korma Chameleon tonight, which is why we're in our party outfits.
Penny: Because of Paola, we decide to come straight to Desert Bloom Park instead.

Serena: And after several hours of fishing, I catch a cowberry at last!

Wednesday

Caleb: Serena goes into labor like clockwork around 6 a.m.

Serena: I can just imagine wfgodot wondering why the bassinet's in the middle of the living room.
Why, that's so I can "Show off" our nooboo to his father who's standing on the other side of the bassinet!
Meet our firstborn son and heir, Massimo Zanna.

Serena: Isn't Massimo too adorable?

And notice I'm using a tip shared by forum member Junan for feeding toddlers.  See the baker's cousin display case?
Food placed in it spoils at the same rate as in a fridge, but toddlers can take food out of the case by themselves.

Lilith: Penny and Paola in their white-and-turquoise themed party outfits.

Caleb: I'm trying to reach Level 5 Gardening so I can start grafting and streamlining our garden.
Why does the nanny have to chat with me, when Lilith is indoors playing chess?

And have you noticed, dear readers, that this time around Yukio Soma and I are afraid to start jogging?
As a result, both of us have zero fitness. Sheesh!

Lilith: I've reached Level 6 Logic and really wanted to work on this skill today.
Instead, I practice guitar and ask the nanny to mentor me, just to keep her away from Caleb.
I guess we should dismiss the nanny whenever the toddler is sleeping.

If we fire her, will we get the Soma's blond male nanny? *dismisses her for now

Caleb: I've been keeping my eye out for possible offspring or helpers in the neighborhood.
I've never seen this human around.

Meredith Mixon is a mean, romantic vegetarian. I'll add her name to the Never Happen list.

Caleb: My little Massimo! Your father will work harder to provide you with everything you need to become a successful heir!
If only Serena and I could have another child, you would have a gorgeous sister to support you.
But we're trying to keep the household size to six sims, so….grrrr. *sighs

Penny: Just wait until I start Phase 3!!!!

anything