Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179298 times)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
You got me on Bjorn.  I was all ready to throw my hands up and exclaim that he isn't exactly baby faced and then give you my list of who would be better.  I'm glad she's only after the club!  LOL!  Good one.
Paola is really cute, but I'm disappointed we don't get to see Penny's own child.  I mean she's a really pretty sim and it would be fun to see her genetics continue.
I'm beached as, bro!  LOL.  Funny as!

Welcome, Massimo.  Now hurry and grow up so we can get you introduced to young Moss!
That's really cool about the baker's display case.  Now I'm seriously considering shoving one into my toddler bedroom.  Maybe it will look terribly out of place and maybe it will take up too much room, but maybe I can actually see a green plumbob on a toddler for once! 

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
lol, I am with you on how annoying Lilith can be-she drops her queues constantly and interrupts whoever is working on dynasty requirements at the moment. She's such a good aunt to my heir and spare, tho, that I can't complain too much. And Caleb really is a great dad- he took care of both toddlers in my house without batting an eyelash and really was the reason the heir maxed as early as he did (unlike you, I do not have the patience for top-notch toddler). Yay, little Massimo 2.0 is here! Paola is adorable and wow does Penny clean up nicely. I mean, she's like Dina, really pretty to begin with but you don't realize how pretty until you get her into the right hairstyle and clothes. I might have to take up the nanny myself to ensure some maxed skills, thanks for the tip (and entertainer tip).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Penny's Cheesy Razzamatazz
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2017, 10:50:42 PM »
@wfgodot
I would love to see your list of "Best TS4 Hazubando Material"! Who tops your list?
About Penny's adoption, heirs can age up early but spares and helpers can't. In my first RDC, Ilarian and Laszlo were still children when Massimo had his YA birthday.
I could have closed the age gap even more by adopting a child, but I couldn't resist a second toddler.
   Lol, I wasn't sure anyone would get that "beached as" thing. Are you originally from Down Under or did you see that crazy Aussie video (like I did)?
I mean, do you eat chips or chups?
   As you will see in this update, I'm in love with the baker's cousin display case. It does look awful in the living room, but I've done much worse (as you well know).

@dontmindme
   Yes, Penny looks really great in the Zanna household. Now I feel bad about not taking more shots of her. Next update, for sure!
Gah, I'm having the most dreadful luck with nannies this time around. *cries

1.10  Serene Zanna (3/4): Penny's Cheesy Razzamatazz

Week 1/Wednesday

Lilith: I suppose I should be grateful for even a back shot of me bathing Paola.
Once Massimo becomes a toddler, I doubt I'll even get that.
Unless I manage to max Logic…

Paola: I'm absolutely starving but all the adults are too busy to notice. Self-service ftw!

Serena: Caleb and I come along with Penny, who needs to view paintings at the Willow Creek Art Museum.
This is Leticia Mixon, who works as a mixologist at Chez Llama. A lazy, snobby music lover.
I need to turn five sims and she's definitely on my short list of potential offspring.

My gardening skill increases very slowly. It's Level 4 now.
Can you believe my pomegranate tree has already matured but I can't graft an orchid yet?
Maybe I'll just read a skill book for that last level!

Thanks to Caleb's training, I reach Prime Vampire rank tonight and buy the Vampire Creation power!
Which five sims shall I turn? Wyatt Patrick (Hawaiian shirt), Diego Lobo, and Jackie the ex-repairlady, for sure!
Leticia Mixon makes four. The fifth should be a possible wife prospect, but who? Morgan, of course!
*mutters: I'll need to make friends with them all, first…

Thursday

Serena: I've had incredible luck with the wishing well this week!
This morning, I'm guaranteed another promotion at the end of my work shift!

Lilith: When I wished for a skill boost, on the other hand, I was granted Level 2 Mischief.
Caleb: *tries not to laugh

Lilith: I notice that I have the "Ask to be best friends" option with the nanny.
Since I'm feeling a bit peckish, I courteously ask for a sip…between friends. My request does not go over well…

Caleb: I'm getting sick and tired of you constantly trying to flirt with me, Nanny!
I am a happily married man, if you haven't noticed, with a ravishingly gorgeous wife.
I should report you for sexual harassment but I'll just fire you instead. Now, be gone!

Lilith: You have a lot of nerve! You charge us for your useless time after Caleb fires you.
Then you turn right back around on the sidewalk, and waltz through our front door  without even knocking?
You and your ignorant "I'm delighted to see you again."
Don't you understand that "You're fired!" means "forever"? *fires Nanny Scruggs again

Lilith: Oh, and before you go, this is for making me fire you again and for refusing me the first time *compels for a deep drink

Caleb: Don't look at them, Paola! I'll read to you while you eat, okay?
We don't have any need for a nanny like that!

Lilith: After she leaves, I clean up the downstairs garden area then phone to hire a new nanny. Oh no!

Look, Nanny Houda, let me save us all some time and trouble!
We've all seen that screenshot of you looking all flirty and trying to spoon Yukio Soma while he was painting.
Ain't no one got time for dat around here. So, you're fired! Don't slam the door on your way out!

Darn it, we want to leave for Desert Bloom Park but need a nanny to look after nooboo Massimo.
Well, people say that the third time's charmed, right?

Lilith: Our third nanny, Imane Al Fassi, is a neat, cheerful loner.
After entering the house, she heads straight for Massimo rather than for Caleb.
So far so good Nanny Al Fassi, but I've got my eye on you!

Serena: As soon as I'm off work, I head for Desert Bloom Park to meet up with everyone else.
Of course, I'm here to start my Vampire Family and who do I run into but lovely Morgan!
I take the time to befriend her so I can "Offer to turn" her as a friendly interaction.

Morgan: Really, Donna Zanna? My life as a sim would end, but I would gain immortality as a vampire?
Serena: Please, no stuffy honorifics, Morgan! Please just call me Serena.
And yes to what you just said, plus you'd enjoy pride of place as my very first offspring.

Making friends with Jackie goes smoothly and I turn her, too.
Just think…an immortal handiness mentor! *coughs

I can't get my bearded Hawaiian shirt to come to the park so I look around.
Someone who might make a good husband for a future Zanna heiress….hmmmm. Over there!

Jung Storey is a former roomie of that Bradly Storey, but it seems they're unrelated.
Yes, Watchette has renovated Desert Bloom Park to facilitate our skilling.
And no, it doesn't have a pool, but I needed to check Jung out, okay?
Who'd be crazy enough to immortalize a pear-shaped sim? I mean, like, seriously!

Watchette and I give Jung our stamp of approval.
(I imagine I can only change my offspring's normal form, not their dark form…)

Lilith: To reach the Master Vampire aspiration's final tier, I need to defeat 3 vampires in combat.
After defeating Ayaka Mori twice, I head home with the rest of the household.
Looking good, Lilith!

Friday

Caleb: Look at our little Massimo, who aged up this morning!
He shares Serena's olive skintone and grey eyes, but has the exact same mouth and cheeks as Massimo 1.0 (upper right)
Serena: *tries not to think about Caleb having a son with another woman…

Personally, I don't really care if the two Massimo's look alike or not.
I'm pretty sure this one will grow up to be just as cute, if not cuter!

Caleb: And he'll need a new nickname! Let's not recycle Italian Stallion, k?
That was just embarrassing! And crass! Who thought up that ridiculous nickname, anyway?
Watchette: *hides while muttering, "It's from a movie, okay?"

Heyo! Your girl Penny here to explain the title of this chapter: "Penny's Cheesy Razamatazz."
You remember my homie Yuki, don't you? That adorable husband of Banana Mori?

Well, I sent him out to do some research about clubs for us.
If you're like our Watchette here, you chose lot traits for your households rather than one skill-boosting club perk per dynasty club.
Now, thanks to Penny's Cheezy Razamatazz, you can almost have both. I said, almost, don't get greedy!

I would just like to point out that Yuki, as a Renegades member, was given a very acceptable club uniform--not the no-pants helmet look that Massimo 1.0 got!

As you know, the RDC rules allow us to form one family club after which we can join clubs but not create new ones.
That's where Yuki's research comes in. Here's a list of all the premade clubs that come with club management perks or skill boosts.
For a thread with details about the additional clubs that appear after you've disbanded the original clubs, click here.

Penny: What!? You wanna know what I'll be doing?
I'm looking to take over Garden Gnomes and Complementary Colors for Team Zanna, natch.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Penny's Cheesy Razzamatazz (03/11 newer)
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2017, 12:20:07 AM »
Wow!  You made a clone of Massimo 1.0!  Of course, 2.0 has a way cooler mama.  Suggested nickname for little Massimo:  Deuce.  You know, as in "two" since he's 2.0.  Just a suggestion.
Paola's adorable!  And of course, she's a great excuse for poor Lilith to get some screen time.  Poor, poor Lilith.  I'll have to give her some spotlight time in my dynasty...one of these generations...

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2017, 06:40:43 AM »
Massimo 2 looks nearly identical to the original, except the eyebrows and the eye color.  This will be interesting.

Jung Storey!  I like him!  A former roomie of Bradley's?  Where were they living?  He has Cam's beard :D
I'm still slightly disappointed you couldn't track down Hawaiian shirt again though, but Jung might actually be even better looking.

You truly have had bad luck with nannies!  I hope Imane continues to do well, she looks nice :)

As for my list, I was going strictly on the fact that you were looking for baby-faced dudes.  And also going only on original townies - It was kind of a toss-up between Paolo and Raj Rasoya.  I considered Travis a little too, though.  None of these guys are particularly baby-faced, though, I guess.  Truly baby-faced... I think maybe Gunther Munch but he's not particularly good looking.

I didn't "get" anything, I'm afraid.  I just thought it was funny the way she said that.  Tell me more about this Aussie video lol
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2017, 07:19:55 AM »
@wfgodot
I'll respond to your other comments later but you can watch the Beach As video here.
Apparently, it's an Australian parody of the way that New Zealanders talk by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
I don't actually know first hand if the depiction is accurate or not, but a friend from New Zealand had me watch this several years ago.
Enjoy! lol

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2017, 11:39:02 AM »
How about Buttero? This time, instead of the horse, he can be the cowboy? Whatever you call him, I'm super excited that Massimo Due looks so much like Massimo Uno. The original was . . . quite striking. :)

Super fun cameo by Yuki, and super-useful chart! I wish I could bookmark the post somehow to come back to! Oshizu, forum workhorse! Putting in the time so we can all reap the benefits. This, combined with your neighborhood maps and contribution to the townie database I think qualify you for some sort of service award. Could someone please create one so I can nominate you?

I love Paola gesturing to Caleb while eating, like, "Psssh! I'm busy. Don't even with that children's book."

I realize you're taking one for the team by limiting jogging this round, but even so, can you really blame your nannies? Really? I'm pretty sure if you hired me to nanny for one of your families I'd be like, "Hey Caleb. Wassup?"

You totally faked me out with your Sergio shot! I was sure he and Penny were going to have some baby-faced babies. I should have known you'd be saving him for one of your heirs. He's too precious to waste on helpers. Penny is a good helper, though. Nice Razzmatazz! Excellent work.

I vote Caleb and Selene have another child. You remember what happened last time? The name Bella Goth ring a bell? No regrets! More babies!

Oh, and thank you for the cameo by Not-Bradley. I was really missing him and Actual Bradley. And Braddon. Sweet Braddon. How will I ever take the suspense, wondering what he will look like?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Aspirational Exasperations
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2017, 07:28:11 PM »
@PeregrineTook
The two toddlers look quite a bit alike as toddlers, but I'm hoping that will change a bit as teens. Boy sims tend to resemble their fathers, so I'm happy to see Massimo with Serena's skintone and eyes!
What do you mean "Poor, poor Lilith"? Is this some trend where everyone disses how I treat my spares and helpers!? (just kidding, I know I practice extreme favoritism…)

@wfgodot
Yes, I can't wait to see how new Massimo turns out as a teen!
Wyatt Patrick (Hawiian shirt) works as a host at Chez Llama so he's easy enough to track down. But now the Zannas have Jung, so maybe Serena will leave Wyatt for another family, only maybe.
   Bradley Story belonged to a not-in-the-world household with 3 other sims, all with the last name of Storey. The two other sims are females with traits I don't fancy.
   I couldn't think of a good match for Penny, but timing was also a big consideration. Lol, I guess the Sims devs aren't into baby-faced dudes, but I like baby-faced dudes as fathers when I'm planning on a daughter (why Yukio looks so effeminate…)
   After you watched the Beach As video, you can use "xx as" constantly to annoy all your co-workers, hahaha. (Sorry, that scenario popped into mind and I laughed…)

@FrancescaFiori
Is the name "Buttero" related to "posterior"? Because I'm pretty sure Massimo will say no. And thanks for your many compliments but I must confess that posting the maps and townie info on the forum benefits me as well--so much easier to bookmark a thread and see all the info at once instead of just storing it on my computer.
   About the nannies, I have so much trouble with female nannies hitting on the husbands but never with male nannies hitting on the wives. Must be some kind of stereotype?
    Hehe, I'm pretty stoked about my current line-up of future spouses…
    And yes, I'm so impatient to see how all the toddlers age up--Moss, Megumi, Braddon, Paola, and Massimo.
    Your feedback on another Zanna nooboo is much appreciated! Read on to see how much.

1.11  Serena Zanna (4/4): Aspirational Exasperations

Week 1/Friday

Caleb: (This time,) I'm doing my best to complete the Good Vampire aspiration before our son moves out.
"Get permission to drink from 2 sims" is my remaining Tier III goal.
Since you're stalking me anyway, Nanny Scruggs….

Caleb: Lilith, please! Nanny Al Fassi has just given me permission to feed from her.
Now is not the time to welcome me to the Zanna Club.
If you cause Nanny Al Fassi to change her mind, I'll have Watchette punish you!

Serena: Diego has been over since very late Thursday night. What a hard nut to crack!
Becoming friends with him takes half the night, even though we're both snobs!
Eventually, Diego Lobo becomes my friend and my fourth progeny.
He's not as excited about being a vampire as last time, because Morris Spiffendale  recently re-admitted him to his Upper Echelon Club…

Saturday

This shot is not about beefcake, not entirely anyway. It's about Caleb's Good Vampire progress.
At Tier IV, he can't drink without permission for 14 days, but the game won't count the days I'm with the other households.
Once again, Caleb will not be completing this aspiration.
It's decided. None of the Zanna heirs will select Good Vampire for this challenge.

Caleb: Hey FrancescaFiori! Wassup?

Massimo spam--the face of an angel!

Serena: The wishing well grants me an instantaneous promotion to Technological Innovator (Level 5) !
Among the three rivals, the Zannas are the poorest.
But since I couldn't buy the Connections trait, money I spent on both the wishing well itself and offerings to the well have paid off in spades!

Penny: You see me strutting off to work.  You know, I've seen the light recently.
At first, I was skeptical of these threads and deeply missed my one-piece dress with ponytail and headband.
But, seriously, who needs to look "normal" when you look as fly as I do?
And yes to short shorts that flaunt my narrow hips and alluring legs!

Serene: Hotheaded Diego requires constant attention or he gets destructive…
Dude, can't you work off your aggression by attacking the puddles in the downstairs garden?

Lilith: I also reach the final tier of my Master Vampire aspiration by defeating Ayaka for the third time.

Lilith: Excellent sparring, Ayaka! Looks like our vampiric spar drew quite a crowd.
Ayaka: Who's that sim in the black-and-fuschia top with lime-colored sneakers?
Lilith: Oh, her? That's our very own Nanny Al Fassi on her day off! She so got it going on!

Serena: I achieve the breakthrough to invent a cloning machine, but lack the required materials. Off to the Desert Bloom Park, we go!
While Caleb looks for metals and crystals, Lilith looks after the toddlers.
I need to stay indoors so I invite Leticia Mixon over.

Yes, stay indoors because we completely forget about the Sunlight Reversal Cocktail!

After a few drinks and much socializing, Leticia becomes my friend and fifth progeny.
Before I can start training my offspring, though, they'll will need to complete their transformation.

Caleb: When I spot the Soma household's nanny, I go introduce myself.  His name's Daichi Yoshida.

If I add him to our club will he still behave like a nanny? We've never been lucky enough to hire him yet.

Massimo: I do appreciate your enthusiastic cheering, Auntie Lilith, but could you give it a rest?
I'm trying to take a poop here and you're embarrassing me!

Serena: As soon as Caleb finds the additional common metal and common crystal I need, we rush home.
I head straight for my Invention Constructor and start inventing.

Lilith: At the other end of the neighborhood, I watch as Jung Storey transforms into a vampire.

Lilith: He looks quite handsome in his dark form! Um, does he remind anyone else of Hugh Jakeman as Wolverine?

Serena: I'm so impatient to rush over to offer training to Jung. But first I need to finish what I'm doing.
Just think, our very own cloning machine!

Serena: After training Jung, the entire household leaves for a final end-of-the-week outing to Korma Chameleon.
I bring along Daichi Yoshida as well as Morgan Fyres, who transforms immediately after arriving at KC.
Paola: I'm so not fazed by bizarre vampire happenings anymore.

This is what happens whenever any of my toddlers arrive at a restaurant lot.
They are most definitely at the restaurant, but their portraits at bottom left are greyed out.
And if I hover over their portraits, they're described as being "At daycare."

Caleb: Yukio Soma has been kind enough to place high chairs and potties for toddlers.
But the hostess recognizes only the four adults in our household, seating our party of eight at a table for four.

Massimo: We come all the way to an Indian restaurant and all I get is a bowl of green peas?
Paola: You're not the only one! I'm stuck with applesauce!

Daichi: This is a strange restaurant--they have high chairs but don't recognize the presence of toddlers!
And though Morgan and I traveled here with the Zanna household, the hostess completely ignores us.

And speaking of Morgan, what could Serena and Morgan be thinking, doing vampiric training in public!?
It's not what most people want to be seeing while they dine. Just sayin'

Massimo: What is this tingling sensation!?
My sixth sense informs me that our household is about to get bigger…

Caleb: Hey, your nose-leaf is cold and wet! Get that thing out of my sensitive ear!
Serena: Ouch! Stop poking me with your thumbs--they have claws, remember!
Caleb: Well, I certainly would if I could, darling. But all this dark mist is obscuring my vision!

Serena: Whoa, Caleb! Your pheromones in bat form are even more irresistible!
Caleb: No flaming my oily secretions, baby girl! They not only moisturize my wing membranes but also condition the fur!

Current Status of the Zanna Household

Founder: Serena Zanna
*Completed requirements: None

*Incomplete requirements:
  Vampire Family aspiration: currently on Tier III
  Portraits (2): not yet
  Garden: Need death flower (have the other 5 plants already)
  Career: Scientist (Level 5)

Gen2 Heir: Massimo Zanna
Toddler skills:  L3 Thinking, L2 all the other skills

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: End of Week 1
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2017, 07:28:28 PM »

Status of Rivals at the End of Week 1

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2017, 08:03:38 PM »
Wow, you play fast! I've missed so much.

So, welcome Braddon (nice name!), Paola and Massimo 2.0. I can't believe how similar Massimos 1 and 2 are - and they're both adorable toddlers. How many birthdays does he have to have until shipping him and Moss 2.0 stops being creepy? ;)

Really nice to see Penny in an active household, too - I'm another one who's often almost played her but never actually got round to it.

I'm learning so much from your updates: I haven't been abusing the premade clubs nearly as much as I should have been.

Caleb: Hey, your nose-leaf is cold and wet! Get that thing out of my sensitive ear!
Serena: Ouch! Stop poking me with your thumbs--they have claws, remember!
Caleb: Well, I certainly would if I could, darling. But all this dark mist is obscuring my vision!

I'm not sure whether that is more hysterical or more disturbing :o ;D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Aspirational Exasperations (03/12)
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2017, 08:46:11 PM »
Another little child with Serena's wonderful genes?  Awesome!
Lilith is so excellent at interrupting her brother.  Funny stuff!
The comparison graph was a nice touch.  Glad to see my dear Serena is catching up job-wise.  I got worried when she was starting from level one.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2017, 07:12:37 AM »
Yeah, I've seen people say "x as" before and it always makes me smile for some reason.  Cause I'm weird?

We all know those nannies don't mind Caleb having a little snack off them.
I have to laugh at Lilith doing the club welcome thing.  I get that all the time too!  Gah, I hate that!  They come from the opposite corner of the lot - and on a different floor - to welcome the one sim I'm busy with.  LOL
I enjoyed the picture of Caleb's aspiration.

I really like Jung a lot x)  He looks really nice in his pink suit while he's transforming.
The looks on those poor kids faces at the restaurant.  I don't blame them lol. 
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2017, 02:05:58 PM »
Oh, hey Caleb! 'Sup? Nice . . . aspirations you've got going on there. Very impressive. ;)

Yeah, Morris is keeping Diego pretty busy with club meetings, but I'm glad he could find the time to become Serena's progeny. Vampirism really suits him. As it does Jung! Hello to you, too, sir!

Excellent use of the wishing well. It's expensive, but it's working out so well for you! Level 1 to 5 in a week! Nice going, Serena.

I have to compliment you on your bat woohoo shot. It's a really tough thing to capture! I absolutely howled over your highly educational and extremely awkward accompanying dialogue. :D Also, yay nooboos!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Daichi, da Real MVP
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2017, 05:01:57 PM »
@PeregrineTook
I feel bad about saying "No more nooboos" to Lilith then wanting another one with Serena and Caleb. I decided not to stress over the nooboo's gender since I can always resort to Change Sim later. *coughs

@wfgodot
Caleb has other non-nanny friends but we were racing to reach the Good Vampire aspiration's last tier.
About the constant "Welcome to club" thing, I removed "Social/Friendly" from the Zanna Club's approved activities and Lilith is somewhat less welcoming now, lol.
I'm so disappointed that the Dine Out restaurants don't play nice with toddlers… :-(
I'm going to buy the Indian food stall for the home lot, so Jesminder can learn all the vegetarian dishes…

@FrancescaFiori
Although we don't see Caleb constantly jogging around in his athletic shorts, I've decided I prefer Caleb with Wellness skill instead of Fitness. He was getting too hulky.
Serena's been lucky but also persistently lavish with the wishing well as often as she can.
If she makes a $1,000 offering but gets the yellowish glow, she keeps making $1,000 offerings until she gets the green glow. I wish she could clone that cloning machine!
  I glad you enjoyed the bat woohoo dialogue. I began by looking up the word "concupiscent" and learned that it's Catholic theological jargon, lol. Next, I spent an absurd amount of time last night "researching" bat anatomy and biology. Searching Youtube with the keywords "bat mating," however, was a huge mistake.  :-/
  And thanks for your feedback on a second child. I was sitting on the fence and you tipped me over!

2.12  Daniela Dinero (1/4): Daichi, da Real MVP

Week 2/Sunday

Daniela: Wow, you took long enough to get here.
You know it's almost 4 am, right? After 6 am, this becomes a failed challenge.
Or is it only the vampire bloodline that fails? Anyway, why so late?

Serena and Caleb decided rather late that they wanted another child.
Daniela: So that takes, what, an hour tops? And I don't want to be hearing about vampire stamina!

Actually, they wanted to try for baby as bats, but they didn't know how so that took a while to figure out Then I waited to make sure she was pregnant.

Daniela: Okay, so I see from your shot that Serena's eating for two but why the ugly walls?
First of all, the vampire household has only about one-tenth of your household funds.
Second, the confetti and her arm were on the other side of the bathroom wall, so I had to drop the walls.

Daniela:  Doesn't it bother you that you won't be able to influence the baby's gender?
They're hoping for a girl but didn't want to wait until Week 2. Hey, wanna go visit and listen to pop music with Serena?

Daniela: Uh, no.
…Chips?

So, Daniela, remind me what you were doing when I left you all last week.
Daniela: Jesminder and I have been painting like crazy, trying to increase our household funds so we can boost the house worth.
Jesminder: Since I only need to reach Level 10 Painting to finish Painter Extraordinaire, I try painting another portrait.
We're so excited to hear the masterpiece music, but this portrait's only worth $1,375. Too bad!

You have more friends than anyone else in this house, Salim.
Why are you always cruising the other neighborhoods? What are you looking for?

Salim: Haven't you noticed how Serena Zanna has been turning sims she wants as spouses and helpers for her bloodline?
We need to keep an eye out for the Dinero bloodline as well, even cure a vampire if necessary!

How you doing besides the cruising, Salim?
Salim: I only need $5,000 in publishing income to finish Bestselling Author. I should quit my job to help toddler Moss with his skills.

And how's Mr. Versatility?
Arun: If the Zannas have a cloning machine, I want one for the Dineros, too!
Since I've reached Tier IV of Bestselling Author, I buy Connections and join the Scientist career.

And who knows? I may start building a rocket ship to avoid being chained to a computer for a while.
Anyway, I have the day off today and start my new job tomorrow. Time to work on the garden!

Jesminder: We also added a new member to the Dinero Club! Meet Daichi Yoshida!

Daichi: Hehe, I bet you didn't recognize me at first!
Watchette started out changing my wardrobe but ended up also giving me Fabio hair and a soul patch.

Jesminder: While building my charisma for work, I'm shocked to notice a bat fly into the back room.
Arun: What does he want? How could he just fly into our house like that?

Um, Serena invited Daichi to the Zanna Club last week, so Caleb and Daichi are probably friends.

Daniela: The neat, cheerful, squeamish Daichi is such a great help!
And he cleans up in ways that only a neat sim can do! We're never letting him go!

Salim: Work was so stressful today! I need a little hookah action!

Arun: I'm surprised at you, Salim! Isn't this your hookah in the first place?
Daichi: Seriously, Salim! Only total noobs inhale that much!

I like how Arun and Daichi converge in the hookah lounge soon after Salim sits down.
Now I'm thinking of enlarging this area and perhaps turning it into a courtyard.

Salim: Arun and Jesminder are vegetarians, so the sight of Daichi cooking worries me. But when I check what he's prepared so far, I find only vegetarian-safe dishes.
Daichi's only flaw is that we must share him with the Zannas!

Moss: Hey Krishna, look! We have multiple dining options this morning!
Krishna: Hmmm, Caprese Salad, Tofu Taco, Tofu Saltimbocca, or Green Salad. What shall I choose?

Moss: While eating my Caprese Salad, Papa reads us a story.
Krishna: I'm eating a Caprese Salad, too!
Moss: Copy cat!

Salim: We'd never actually hired Daichi as a nanny before but Daniela had met him somewhere.
There's a downside of never having hired him, you know.
Even though Daichi's in the club, the boys had to spam "Talk to stranger" before they could interact with him in meaningful ways.
Here's Moss getting Daichi to help him out for the first time!

Monday

Jesminder: I finally get off work at 2 a.m. I'm excited about two days off in a row!
Suddenly, my gaze gets pulled to the path behind our house.

Leticia Mixon: This nauseous feeling! I must be transforming into a vampire!
No comment on the blue lipstick, Leticia, but you know Serena won't allow you to wear the same top from her party outfit!

Daniela: The irreplaceable Daichi takes a bath then returns in this outfit.
Watchette, I thought you'd given him a makeover when I took him to our closet?

I must have gotten distracted after only changing his everyday outfit.
But I think he's really pulling off the pink shirt and blue shoes with those pants, lol.

Jesminder: I really appreciate how Daichi doesn't annoy anyone while the kids are sleeping.
He just paints, cleans, gardens, or dances. I wish we had two of him!

Arun: This Citrus soak is really nice! I've rather missed feeling Focused!

Tuesday

Arun: The Somas have been sinking all their cash into a restaurant, which we have yet to visit!
Salim: And the Zannas have spent thousands of dollars wishing for career promotions.
Daniela: That's why we're the first household to be able to afford a dynasty museum.

Status of Dinero Bloodline

Founder: Daniela Dinero
*Completed requirements:
  Reward traits: done

*Incomplete requirements:
  Parties: need one more
  Portrait (1): not yet
  Mansion Baron aspiration: Need only house worth of $350,000

Gen2 Heir: Moss Dinero
*Toddler skills: Level 3 Potty, Level 4 Thinking, Level 2 Comm/Imagin/Movement

Coming next: More Skilling with Toddler Moss... *groans

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Daichi, da Real MVP (03/13)
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »
Wow, effective helpers get so much love from you!  I think most of us simply take them for granted posting-wise and love them quietly while playing.
Can't wait to see Serena's nooboo!!
Moss is adorable.  It was so funny how serious he looked during their pottying picture!
I vote for Daichi keeping the party outfit.  He just looks so happy in it  :=)