Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179210 times)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Daichi, da Real MVP (03/13)
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2017, 12:26:08 AM »
My eyes and brain thank you for the warning regarding bat mating videos. Will steer clear!
So happy I could (gently) knock you off that fence! The world needs more Caleb-Serena nooboos!
I love Salim and his bros with the hookah (and love even more that he's given up trying to call it a bubble-blower! ;) Spades are spades, man, and hookahs are definitely not fooling anyone with those bubbles.)
I love that Daichi is both neat and squeamish. The internal struggle there must be unreal. "It's so revolting . . . but I must! I must mop!" He seems like a treasure overall, though, so good find! And those pants!
Simultaneous potty-training for the win! So adorable!
Love the museum, too! I'm getting an enchanted castle vibe. Very nice.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Daichi, da Real MVP (03/13)
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2017, 07:18:34 AM »
If you can't wear your pink flowered pants at the parties, then where can you wear those things?  Let him keep them!

So Daichi is neat, and squeamish.  I see a fish bowl in the background too.  Is there actually a fish in it?  Was he uncomfortable?  You probably couldn't tell.

Moss and Krishna are way too cute.  I just want them to hurry and grow up and have their bromance :)  I don' t know, oshizu.  I don't know if I can handle the bromance between these two, and what's going on with Don and Bradley, and on top of that the Mossimo that I'm totally expecting will happen.  This is going to be awesome.

I really like your museum!
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: No, Nanny Scruggs! Just No!
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2017, 06:58:42 PM »
@Alex
Your understatedly hilarious comments are always appreciated!
As for when shipping Mossimo stops being creepy, maybe after their teen birthdays? I'm hoping they'll both become teens this week (that is, Week 2 in game).
I'm glad you're enjoying Penny. In this second RDC attempt, I'm trying out sims that I haven't played before. Well, except for Salim and Caleb because...Mossimo, lol.
Sorry for the weird bat-woohoo dialogue. I got a little carried away, hehe.

@PeregrineTook
Productive helpers make all the difference in the world, as you know.
Also, since I've been complaining so bitterly about bad nannies in previous updates, I wanted to share our cherished Daichi.
In an ideal simverse, each household would have its own super nanny…
Moss will age up soon, but I have a feeling he'll look very different from his predecessor. Daichi thanks you for your vote of support regarding his party outfit!

@FrancescaFiori
I'm really dying to learn the Zanna nooboo's gender but I've been focused on Moss and hope he can cake up a day early.
That sunken lounge has turned out to be a real hit with the household!
I haven't even noticed Daichi acting squeamish, but that's perhaps because I don't control him.
Thanks for the compliment! The museum in every bloodline will simply be a smaller version of the house (like in my first RDC).

@wfgodot
Looks like the flowery pants are staying. Daichi thanks you, too!
He might have to lose the hat, though. I need to take him to a closet soon.
You noticed that fishbowl, lol. It's empty. I only use it for the Angling Ace's "Mount or bowl 5 fish" goal. *coughs
I did have another sim click on Daichi, but he was Happy (because the fishbowl was empty?). I haven't noticed him feeling uncomfortable yet and the toddlers are constantly clicking on him.
I'm glad you're enjoying the different relationships. I'm especially impatient to see what Braddon looks like, lol. I've considered moving Don in with Megumi and Braddon later, but he doesn't bring any $$$ or furnishings, sadly. Still thinking…
   Actually, I want to wait until all the current kids are teens before making any decisions. And I need a pollinator, darn it!

2.13  Daniela Dinero (2/4): No, Nanny Scruggs! Just No!

Note: My apologies for a pretty mundane update, because maxing toddler skills takes priority over everything else, well almost everything.

Week 2/Tuesday

Krishna: Today's a great day because both our mommies don't work!
Moss: The way your mama gets all excited when she reads to us is so cool!

Daniela: Our nanny Daichi occasionally paints with us.
This morning, he crafted a painting showing women going about their daily lives.
I like this painting so much it now hangs in the boys' room.

Jessminder: I have Daniela pose while I start several portraits of her.
Among the five portraits of Daniela I paint today, the highest-priced painting is $8,448.
That's double every one of my previous attempts, but I believe I can still do better.
I'll wait until Daniela brings home that higher-quality easel.

Wednesday

Daniela: Because both boys are awake and Daichi is teaching Moss, I hire a nanny for Krishna.
It's no surprise anymore that Nanny Scruggs arrives feeling flirty. *rolls eyes
Luckily, Salim and Arun are at work until the evening.

This morning, I expand the house's footprint, build a basement, then move a few rooms around.
Now the sunken lounge can hold a few sofas, too.

Daniela: Oh, Jesminder! Next time, just rally the troops, girl!

Arun: That 1x1 room behind Jesminder is driving the neat Daichi crazy, hehe.
I'm trying to grow a trash plant, but Daichi threw away my last trash pile.

That's why Watchette built that temporary room until the trash plant sprouts.
Poor Daichi and that dirty itch he can't scratch!

Daniela: The sunken lounge has become the new favorite spot for reading to children!
Around 3 pm, our little Moss earns the Happy Toddler trait! Go, Moss, go!

Salim: Don't ever ask me to do this again!

Jesminder: Of course, Nanny Scruggs is all over my Arun as soon as he's home from work.
How can she spend all day with Krishna and still feel flirty?

Arun: Don't you dare work my nerves with your coy small talk. I'm already tense from a hard day's work.
Why do you return here even after we've fired you? *fires Nanny Scruggs (again)

Salim: Luckily for us, Daichi stays on point with helping Moss to learn.
Daniela and I are doing our best to earn the funds to complete Mansion Baron, so we're grateful for Daichi's diligence.

Moss: Play, play, play!
Daichi: Yes, let's get you energized! At this rate, you may be able to age up tomorrow night!

Jesminder: You might recall that Independent Krishna became a toddler right after Inquisitive Moss.
Arun: Krishna is further along with his skills, but I don't think it's only their traits.
In fact, Moss slept through a couple of times when parents were available for teaching.

Ice Cube: It's a pleasure to meet you, Arun Bheeda! Thank you for building me a room, even though it’s a windowless basement room!
Arun: Well, it's not decided yet whether I should try to max the Scientist career. If I do try, I promise you…actually, I can't really promise you anything…
Ice Cube: Hmmph!

Arun: You named yourself after that rapper? Why? Wait, don't tell me...because Invention Constructor = I.C. = Ice Cube?
I.C.: Ain't nothing to it. Gangsta rap made me do it! And why can't I have a nickname, too, yo?

I.C.: Cool, so we're making a cloning machine?
Arun: Yep, Watchette even added wallpaper and flooring to this room in your honor! She usually takes at least a week to do that!

Arun: Watch out, Ice Cube! Don't forget that component over there!

I.C.: Listen, Arun. I appreciate your suggestion, but I'm the Invention Constructor here. And I don't need any backseat drivers. Who do you think you are, anyway?
Arun: The Invention Supervisor?

Arun: Superb job, I.C.! The Dineros now have their very own cloning machine!
I.C.: The pleasure's all mine, I.S. What a shame we can't high five!

Daniela: We've been trying not to spend simoleons, except for building and renovating. But now that we have a basement, I finally cave and buy a Whispering Wishing Well.

The well looks happy so I make an offering and receive a guaranteed promotion tomorrow. Nice!
Wishing Well: But not nice enough that I get my own room with wall and floor coverings, apparently…

Daniela: Upstairs, I get a phone call from Summer Holiday, so I check my relationship with her.
For some reason, Summer is my only non-household friend. Go figure!

Summer: So, since we're friends, can I come over?
Daniela: I don't think so…

This time around, we're avoiding that entire household. But if I had a pollinator...

Arun: We spend the rest of the evening as usual: Daniela and Jesminder paint while Salim and I write.

I've written one of the 3 bestsellers for Bestselling Author, but I've lost interest in writing since becoming a scientist.
Hmmm…Salim can write Books of Life so maybe I should switch to Nerd Brain?

Moss: Here I am, posing for you in front of our beloved Baker's Cousin Display Case.
Daichi: Dear me! Looks like the parents have been dipping into the toddler's food supply! Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Moss: You're probably getting tired of seeing shots of me and Krishna as toddlers.
But I'm hoping to age up tomorrow on Thursday!
And Krishna's birthday is Friday night, so we won't be toddlers much longer!

Daniela: Moss and Daichi, we're counting on both of you!
And maybe I can throw you a gold-medal birthday party, little Moss.

Status of Dinero Bloodline

Founder: Daniela Dinero
*Completed requirements:
  Reward traits: done

*Incomplete requirements:
  Parties: need one more
  Portrait (1): not yet
  Mansion Baron aspiration: Need only house worth of $350,000
  Career: Painter (Level 7)

Gen2 Heir: Moss Dinero
*Toddler skills: L3 Potty, L5 Thinking, L4.5 Comm/Move, L4 Imagination

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: No, Nanny Scruggs! Just No! (03/14)
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2017, 09:12:42 PM »
Daichi is so rocking his party wear!!
Oh man, the refusal to interact with Summer.  That poor, poor, neglected stalker.  She was so hilarious in your last dynasty!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2017, 10:26:20 PM »
Ack!  Poor Daichi!  That is so funny about the walled off trash plant.  I adore that picture of him standing there, trying to figure out how to get to it.
It interests me that Krishna is actually ahead of Moss in his skilling.

So.... I really adore that you named that robot Ice Cube.  I happen to be a closet Ice Cube fan.  Gangsta Rap made me do it! 
Today was a good day!  I'm thinking Burger King!
And so... I'm now a gangster for the rest of the night.  Thanks oshizu, for getting me in that mood!  lol

Before I go watch Straight Outta Compton (again), I'll just say how excited I am that Moss is about to have his birthday!
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2017, 01:45:44 AM »
Wow. Watchette really is smitten with Daichi! Even his stick figures get pride of place in the household. :D Or perhaps she's just feeling guilty for torturing him with inaccessible trash piles. :)

Ice Cube's introduction was priceless! Of course, it makes perfect sense. IC naturally equals Ice Cube. I especially love IC giving Arun the death stare. Such personality (and sass!) from a machine!

The sunken lounge really is lovely! I don't blame everyone for wanting to hang out and read books there.

Nanny Scruggs showing up not only flirty, but in tiny, tiny pink shorts instead of the regulation nanny cat sweater ensemble. Really, Nanny Scruggs? Have some self-respect, girl. Same goes for you, Summer!

Thank heaven for Daichi! So excited for child birthdays!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Daichi's Floral Pants
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »
@PeregrineTook
The secret underlying Daichi's floral-pattern pants is revealed in this update, lol.
I know! Summer is dying to worm her way into another household this time around!
I'm not sure I want anything to do with the BFF household this time!
Liberty, Travis, Summer: they're all nothing but troublemakers! (I'm sure it was all my fault)

@wfgodot
I'm glad you commented on the trash plant--I'd forgotten about it and it had already grown. It's now safely transplanted to a garden pot!
So Krishna got ahead while Moss had been sleeping. Then, Krishna went to bed and Moss maxed his last three skills first.

Hahaha, I giggle every time I recall  that you know the lyrics to all of Ice Cube's songs!  (You want lobster? Huh!) When you feel gangsta, do you change your clothes to heighten the mood or something?
I hope you like child Moss. Not exactly the same, but still really lovely, I think…

@FrancescaFiori
I wouldn't exactly say "smitten with Daichi," but he's exerted a tremendous influence on household productivity, as you'll discover in this update.
So maybe more like "profoundly grateful." Yeah, that describes the feeling!

I.C. appreciates the kind words. Frankly, the Mansion Baron bloodline is the hardest to write. The Somas have the restaurants themselves as well as restaurant management and the Zannas are still cloaked in novelty and mystery as vampires.
But the Dineros don't offer much new so the gameplay is already very familiar to readers. But there's still a surprise project forthcoming if I can pull it off.

Thank you for pointing out that Nanny Scruggs was out of uniform. I was so focused on her flirty mood that I didn't even find it strange that she was in hot pants, lol. I wonder if my sims firing one nanny after another have caused the nannies to glitch. 

2.14  Daniela Dinero (3/4): Daichi's Floral Pants

Week 2/Thursday

Daniela: I'm so glad that you also need the Logic skill for your career!
Otherwise, you're always holed up in that locked writing room and we rarely spend time together!
Salim: It's only for a little while longer, isn't it?

Daniela: So true! Readers may laugh at our appreciation for Daichi, but he so deserves it!
Ever since Daichi's come into our lives, we've been able to really focus on our jobs and household income.
Salim: I agree. We can trust him completely with Moss and he also helps around the house in little ways.

Daniela: Yes, plus he doesn't wear little hot pants and hit on the husbands…

Jesminder: So I take Daichi to the closet to remove that hat from his party outfit. But guess what? Those clothes aren't part of any of his outfits.
Do you think they're his new nanny threads? We can roll with that.

Daniela: Since he likes to paint with us, Jesminder mentors him for a few hours.
Jesminder: It's a waste of time, Daniela. I mentored him while he finished two paintings, but they were each worth less than $250.
Daniela: Good to know. We'll just leave him to be  casual painter.

Salim: I ask Jesminder to make a cake and Moss is ready to age up just before noon.

Well: Oho, you must be new around here!
Moss: Not really. I've been around but I was a toddler until, like, five minutes ago. Who are you?
Well: What, you don't recognize me? My name's Westside Well. Surely, you've heard about my crew, W.W.A.?
Moss: Can't say that I have. What do the initials mean?
Westside: Oh c'mon. Do I have to spell out everything? Wells with Attitude, duh!

Westside Well: So, what can I do for you, boy?
Moss: I'm hoping to boost my C grade to a B grade. *makes an offering and a wish

WW: Sorry, kiddo. But you'll automatically get a B when school's out tomorrow.
Don't be greedy, son! Go do your homework, get some skillz, and come see again after school tomorrow, k?

Moss: Wow, Watchette told me the well dude would be nice to me cuz she moved him out of the basement.
Look at him, sitting out there all surrounded by trees and flowers and stuff!

It's Thursday and I really want an A before my next birthday, but I don't want to wait till Week 3…

Daichi: Don't let it get to you, Moss! You'll do great whether you get an A or not.
Moss: You're right, Uncle Daichi! I'm just gonna chill and enjoy my two or three days of being a kid!

Daichi: By the way, Moss, your mom has green hair and your dad has brown hair. So why are you a redhead?
Moss: Papa says it's a game mechanics thing. My red hair means I was really 'sposed to have green hair…

Salim: During the recent renovations, Watchette moved the dollhouse over by the easels.
After watching the hotheaded Jesminder smash the dollhouse three times, I make her repair it one last time then sell it.
Good thing for her that Krishna's already maxed Imagination.   Sheesh!

Jesminder: I'm sorry, okay? Look at me now! I'm being so productive! I'm playing chess with Moss, even though he cheats.
Moss: Look at my face, Auntie Jesminder! Do I look like someone who would cheat?
Jesminder: Your angelic smile ain't fooling nobody!

Moss: As soon as Mama returns from work, Watchette immediately plans my outfits.
Apparently, my hair and my everyday outfit are recycled from the other, less-cute Moss.

Moss: I know, I know. You're wondering how much we resemble each other, right?
Here's a collage with me, my parents, and him (on the very right).
What do you think? Looks like I got Papa's eyes with Mama's nose and lips.

Arun: Poor Jesminder! She was just half a tick from reaching Level 8 Mixologist.
After her promotion, she'd complete the Master Chef aspiration so she was planning to quit her job.

Daniela: Yeah, when Watchette took Moss to the dresser,she forced Jesminder to come home from work.
Watchette: *hangs head in shame (Luckily, Jesminder works tomorrow!)

Krishna has found a new place to dance. No dancing in front of the stereo for him!
No, the kid demands some elevation! Maybe there's a future for him in dancing? And just maybe he needs the Active trait?

Friday

Moss: Just me, on the way to my first--and, hopefully, my last--day of grade school.

Salim: I was surprised to hear that Yukio Soma phoned Jesminder.
But, come to think of it, Yukio and Jesminder both work at Cut a Dish Restaurant.

Jesminder: I’m finishing up a painting, Salim. Would you mind letting Yukio in?

Salim: Hi, I'm Salim Benali, the husband of your rival Daniela Dinero.
Yukio: Hey, Salim. It's nice to finally meet you.

Salim: So, what brings you here? You come to discuss work with Jesminder while her husband's out? *arches an eyebrow suspiciously

Yukio: Nothing like that! I actually was hoping to meet you, Salim. You know, I designed my restaurant Korma Chameleon with your household in mind.
Why don't you ever come to dine?

Jesminder: These new easels that Daniela earned yesterday are fantastic!
The painting on my right's the priciest painting I've ever made  at $9,362.
And this one on my left is the third priciest at $7,832.

Salim: So yeah, Yukio, we've been dying to go to Korma Chameleon but it's impossible with small children.
Yukio: I know exactly what you mean! We have a toddler and a nooboo at our home, too!
Jesminder: As soon as our son Krishna has his birthday, we'll go, promise!

Yukio: Daichi, stop that! It's not cool to be so obvious about holding your breath, dude!
Seriously, don't they teach you anything around here?!

Salim: Depending on Daniela's work schedule, we're planning a visit to Korma Chameleon on Saturday.

Yukio: That's great news, Salim! We have a full-on vegetarian menu--you'll love it!
Still, Jesminder, I'm rather shocked that y'all would just steal my nanny like this! I mean, he acts like he lives here!

Jesminder: *ignores Yukio's remark and tokes innocently

Daniela: Thanks to all the paintings, novels, and Daichi's hard work, I complete the Mansion Baron aspiration this afternoon.

Also, I choose one of the paintings Jesminder did earlier for my museum portrait.

Salim: So…I understand that those lime-colored chess pieces symbolize the "get back on the horse" motif.
But what's the meaning of that Guardian of the Gnomelaxy?

Daniela: That green gnome? It's completely meaningless, but Watchette likes how it fits into the color scheme…

Status of Dinero Bloodline

*Completed requirements:
  Portrait: Yes ($9,362)
  Reward traits: done
  Mansion Baron aspiration: done

*Incomplete requirements:
  Parties: need one more
  Career: Master of the Real (Level 8 )

*Toddler skills: Maxed all skills (Top-Notch Toddler)
*Childhood aspiration: Artistic Prodigy (on last tier)

Coming next: Week 2 with Daniela Dinero (4/4): More Birthdays (note the plural form!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Daichi's Floral Pants (03/15)
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »
no no, I just put on a hat and turn it sideways and then give everyone sullen, dangerous glares while I listen to NWA.  That is all. 

Congrats on completing the aspiration!  I'm really glad you changed Moss's hair to black.  I can't tell which version of him is cuter.  I think they're both adorable in different ways.  I guess I probably do lean slightly towards 2.0 though.  Now I'm crazy curious to see how Massimo turns out.  (And Krisha too, for that matter.  Oh and Braddon.  You have so many exciting children coming up!)

I'm very amused about Daicha's outfit.  I dunno about saying his doesn't wear hot pants.  I mean look at those.  And also Yukio coming to visit and calling the Dinero's out on stealing his nanny is great. 
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »
I think the gnome looks awesome there!  Your museum is much more oriented towards being a showcase of gloriousness.  I think mine will end up being glorified shacks...whenever I actually get far enough to build such things...
Daichi and the phantom outfit.  This needs to be a children's book!

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2017, 05:36:26 PM »
Aww, Krishna dancing! Not sure it's terribly safe there, but he's such a cutie :D

Daichi sounds great - I much prefer his take on the nanny outfit to the usual variety.

I love how smug Daniela looks in her portrait. But she has good reason - looks like she and Moss are making great progress on their requirements.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2017, 06:49:12 PM »
Surprise project!?!? *pricks up ears*

So Daichi has secret, unchangeable outfits, huh? I wonder if it's related to festivals. Maybe Daichi and Nanny Scruggs have been sipping Sakura tea together at the romance festival. Scandalous!

Moss 2.0 is very cute, and he looks less concerned than Original Moss, so that's nice. His eyebrows are still cute, they just don't seem to have the weight of the world resting on them. :)

Nice of Yukio to stop by! A friendly rivalry is still a good rivalry.

Congrats to Daniela on finishing Mansion Baron! So many portraits of her! It's a wonder her ego doesn't get out of control. I agree about the gnome in the museum. It definitely seems to belong there. :)

Excited for plural birthdays!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Moss on Fire
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2017, 05:36:24 AM »
@wfgodot
Does your family steer clear of you when you're in gangsta mood? (Hey, look how Mom's wearing her hat tonight! Let's go hide in our room!)
In this challenge, the Mansion Baron aspiration is all about how quickly the household can raise $350K to invest in the house.
The two Mosses look even more different as teens, as you'll soon see. New Moss sez he'd like to be appreciated on his own merits.
More Yukio and the sunken lounge this chapter, haha.

@PeregrineTook
The Dinero Museum is blinged out because the Dineros need for their house, including the museum, to be worth $350K. 'Nuff said. The other two museums will be way more modest and use the cheapest materials.
I like that--Daichi's Phantom Outfit.  So far, he's only changed into it after bathing.

@Alex
I'm not sure what's going on with my nannies anymore. But Week 2 is toddler week at every household, so we'll get to the bottom of this! I wish that a fired nanny would be deleted from my sims' world, lol.
Oddly, the most attractive portraits are never the highest-value paintings

@FrancescaFiori
My project--Daniela and Moss are working so quickly that I need to act fast or Moss will move out!
No, no, no! I love Daichi and detest Nanny Scruggs--I don't want to believe that Daichi could have such poor taste! As I mentioned above, Daichi changes after a shower/bath. When we traveled with him, he changed to the everyday outfit I gave him.
Yeah, Jesminder painted about 8 portraits at least. If she painted more, I'm sure we'd eventually get one that's worth over $10k, but we're bored of trying.
Lol, Daniela doesn't let it go to her head--she knows it's all about museum value and Jesminder's luck.

2.15  Daniela Dinero (4/4): Moss on Fire

Week 2/Friday

Yukio: The Dineros are really progressing fabulously, you guys!
And congrats on Moss for becoming a Top-Notch Toddler. Of course, our Megumi will be one, too!

Jesminder: I'd wanted to throw Krishna his birthday party at your restaurant, Yukio, but I hear it's not toddler-friendly.
Yukio: Well, we try but you're right. Your son's better off having this party elsewhere.

Salim: Speaking of sons, I hear one of your helpers had a nooboo recently.
Yukio: Why yes, our helper Bradly's son is named Braddon.

Daichi: So the Dineros and Somas each have two children, but the Zannas have three.
Salim: Right, I keep forgetting to check on that. Later tonight, Daichi, would you mind going along with Moss to see if the Zanna nooboo is a boy or girl?
Daichi: Of course, Salim. But why me?
Jesminder: Obviously, because you belong to the Zanna Club, Daichi.

Yukio: *coughs
Daichi: Are you okay, Yukio? The Dineros have some pretty potent bubbles.
Yukio: We fired three nannies to finally find you and you worked for us first, Daichi, yet you joined the Zanna and Dinero dynasty clubs first?
But why? I'm feeling deeply betrayed right now…

Daichi: In my defense, Yukio, you never even invited me to your club and I couldn't ask…

Jesminder (changes the subject): Well, obviously our bubbles are the best! You think we'd stoop to that trash making the rounds in Spice Market?
Salim: Word.

Jesminder: By the way, Yukio, didn't your work shift start 10 minutes ago?
Yukio: Yeah, I need to run. Thanks for having me over, Jesminder. Nice meeting you, Salim.
And, Daichi, my wife and I really hope to see you on Sunday! As you know, Megumi is quite attached to you. No other nanny will do!

Okay, gotta run, people! Ciao!

Moss: I'm such a filial son! When I get home from school, I see that Westside looks happy and let Mama go first.
Daniela: Too bad I only receive a bonus because of budgetary restrictions!

Moss: Gimme an A, Wellside! You know you want to!
WW: Sorry again, kid. You'll get an automatic A on Monday.
Moss: Thing is, Wellside, I won't be in grade school anymore come Monday.
I wonder if your grade boost will carry over to high school. Probably not.

Papa, I'm ready to leave for the Spice Festival now!

Jesminder: Such bad luck at the Spice Festival today!
Not only is there no U.F.O. plant to harvest, but none of the food samples are labelled. How will I know which ones are vegetarian-safe?

Jesminder: I hope the dish I picked out for Krishna is Sweet and Sour Eggplant!

Krishna: Ever since I maxed all my skills, I hardly get any attention anymore!

Daniela: This evening, I learn that I have no spicy tolerance and that my favorite drink is Cream Cola.

Moss: Everyone in our house has failed the Spicy Curry Challenge so far!
Will I be the one to emerge unscathed from this cruel, demanding challenge?

Apparently not…

Moss: I'd like to buy the Morning Sim and Night Owl traits before my teen birthday, so I do a little socializing.
Can you believe that blonde in the pink track suit, blowing me off like that?
When she sees how unbelievably gorgeous I age up later, she'll regret this day until all eternity!
That's a long time to regret!

Daniela: Moss completes Artistic Prodigy right after we receive Krishna's birthday message.
Let's start the party, people!

Salim: I don’t mind cooking the easy stuff until Jesminder gets home.

Arun: Blow out your candles, Krishna!

Krishna (hot dog): What are you dressed as, Moss?
Moss: I'm not sure, but I like the mint shade of my shirt!
Daichi (astronaut): It doesn't seem like a real costume to me, Moss!

Saturday

Jesminder: At midnight, I bring home my Level 8 Mixologist promotion, which also completes my Master Chef aspiration.

Daniela: Finally, we compliment costumes x10 and Jesminder bakes an excellent cake, but the goal counter seems stuck.
We get gold, regardless, and I'll take it cuz that's my third gold medal!

Salim: And here's our second-generation Dinero heir, Moss!
He's such a handsome devil! He must get that from me!
Daniela: *laughs

Krishna: Now that I'm a child, I can join the Dinero Club and rally the troops.
While Mama mentors Moss in painting, Nanny Daichi encourages me to draw.

Moss: Hey, Daichi! It's me, Moss! So I'm over at the Zanna place but just realized that I don't know anyone here.
Would you come over so we can visit together? Thanks!

Moss: Mama sent me here to check out the Zanna nooboo. Based on the yellow onesie, it's probably a girl. Mission accomplished.

Moss: *introduces himself to Massimo and Paola
Massimo: Up!
Moss: Why am I feeling embarrassed?
Massimo: Hehehe….

Daichi: What are you looking at? I really don't know what to say about this shot.
Except I'd have to agree that those two are making weird faces. What's up with them, anyway?
Hey, I didn't pose them, okaaay? Moss and Massimo made those creepy faces all by themselves! Lol

Moss: Yep, I'm just taking a selfie of my Level 3 Food Service Cashier self! Who says I don't have Papa's eyebrows!?
You're probably wondering how I maxed my teen career already.
Well, I started my job at Level 2 because I'm a Top-Notch Toddler with a B in grade school.
Also, Westwide Well gave me a job performance boost!

Awwww, just when Moss gets interesting, we have to switch household!

Week 2 Status: Dinero Line

*Completed Requirements
   Reward traits: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree, Frugal
   Portrait: Yes ($9,362)
   Mansion Baron: done
  Gold-medal parties: Dinner party, House party, and Incognito Party

*Incomplete Requirements
  Career: Patron of Arts (Level 9)

*Completed Move-Out Requirements
  Toddler skills: Top-Notch Toddler
  Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy
  Teen Job: Fast Food Employee (Level 3)

*Incomplete Move-Out Requirements
  Unique Aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire (on Tier III)
  A in High School:
  Unique Skills (2)
  Good Friends: Daniela Dinero; Daichi Yoshida plus two more
  Enemies: (Yukio Soma and Serena Zanna or Zanna toddler)
  Collection:

Coming next: Week 2 with Yukio Soma (1/4)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Moss on Fire (03/16)
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2017, 07:57:30 AM »
Oh boy, is the Moss/Massimo bromance going to happen again?  Well, not for a while at least.
Was that blonde who blew him off Summer or just a random Sim who looked a lot like her?  The way she showed up your first time around, I have no doubt she'll get over blowing him off once he hits young adult  ;=)

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2017, 12:51:26 PM »
Happy birthday, Moss and Krishna! Is Moss' costume a recolour of the retail career outfit? Otherwise, I don't think it's a real costume either.

I love Krishna's face in the picture of him at the activity table. So happy it's faintly terrifying :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
Important Public Service Announcement!!!

Are you troubled by male teen sims who grow up with an effeminate Sweet voice?
@Ricalynn suggested yesterday that I try taking the teen to a mirror to "Change Sim" and it worked!!!
So Moss now has an appropriately bass voice. Just wanted to share this.

Sorry for tagging you both @Alex and @PeregrineTook but I just wanted to make sure you see this since you've already commented on my update.
The post-child male voices have really bugged me. Thanks Ricalynn!