Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 180843 times)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Moss on Fire (03/16)
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2017, 06:35:58 PM »
Haha.  Mom's wearing the hat again!  Look, I'm not the only gangsta around here.
Actually I don't even own any hats :)
I have the best picture of my son though.  I mean, he's wearing an Adventure Time hat but he still looks tuff.

How horrified were you when you realized Yukio was late for work.  LOL kinda awkward, eh, Yukio?
Poor Krishna doesn't look happy with his plate.  Was it not eggplant?

This version of Moss is definitely more handsome than the first.  I LOVED Moss going to pick up Massimo!  Starting that relationship early!  And look at Massimo!!!  He looks like he totally knows something!  GAH I'm excited!

It's okay.  Maybe we're switching households but its Braddon time.

Thanks for spreading the good news about the guy voices.  I'm guessing it probably doesn't work in the closet.  At least I can fix Cliff, and the future guys.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: I'm a Sim without Conviction
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2017, 09:21:37 AM »
@PeregrineTook
I don't want to force or stage Mossimo, but I might provide an opportunity for autonomous flirting to see what happens. And who knows? They both might prefer Braddon. (kidding)
Yes, that's Summer Holiday in the pink track suit. In my last game, Summer obsessed over Caleb but who knows what she'll do this time?

@Alex
That's the outfit that Moss aged up in at the Incognito Party, so I think you're right about it being a color variation of the Retail outfit. It can't be cc because I don't own any costume cc (except for The Dancers *cough).
Yeah, Krishna's overjoyed expression at the activity table was the polar opposite of Moss's. Of course now that I've named him Krishna, I discover a new sim named Krishna in my game, lol.

@wfgodot
I'm getting the image of you and your son in his Adventure Time hat, doing the two step.
About Krishna's lonely face, my toddler spares/helpers are showered with attention until the instant they max all their skills. Since they can't age up early, the household returns to their usual activities and such toddlers have to entertain themselves.

I'm glad you like new Moss. Checking the gender of Serena's nooboo was the pretext for Moss visiting. (I wanted a girl, so yay!) But Moss had to leave soon for (the only day of) his part-time job, so it was a rushed first meeting. Moss looks a bit sheepish, which cracked me up.

Lol, poor Megumi! Born in the same house as Bradly and overshadowed by Braddon, haha.
I don't blame you, though. I'm even willing to do a little conniving so that all the spare kids won't fall too far behind in age.

2.16  Yukio Soma (1/4): I'm a Sim without Conviction

Week 2/Sunday

Candy: Watchette returns to our house to find we only have $1,595 in household funds.
Yuki: That's because we'd transferred most of our funds to the restaurant before switching households.
Watchette's not sure what happens to the restaurant while we're not the active household, so we transferred funds just in case.

Yukio: Bradly, when did you reach Level 7 Handiness?  You need to go to Granite Falls NOW!

Bradly: I realize everyone's rushing to build up our funds, but surely they will forgive me if I indulge myself and scoff at this ugly statue?
As long as you learn the woodworking schematic right after that then fly home.

Bradly: Even though I didn't select her, Megumi keeps showing up when I'm about to travel to Granite Falls.
After canceling my trip three times because of Megumi, I give up and take her along.

Sadly, I don't get to scoff to my heart's content because Megumi's hungry and tired.

In the morning...
Megumi: Okay! I'm ready for a hard day of skilling. Well, at least until I get sleepy again.

Yukio: When Megumi wakes, I phone to request a nanny. We all hold our breaths, waiting to see who arrives.

Megumi: It's Nanny Daichi!

Yukio: It's so good to have you back, Daichi! I was a little worried you might be unavailable.
Daichi: Not if I can help it, Yukio! And thank you for inviting me to your club. I feel the most comfortable here at your house, you know.
The vampires are a little scary for obvious reasons. And don't get me started on all that secondary smoke at the Dineros!

Bradly: With Daichi, we never worry about the children being left unattended.

Yukio: Also, Megumi is crazy about him and responds very well to his lessons.

Yuki: Wow, Daichi is feeling flirty for no reason at all.
I'm wondering if the devs added the Flirty mood to nannies as some kind of joke.

Candy: You only prefer Daichi, sis, because he doesn't hit on your hubby like Nanny Scruggs and Nanny Houda do!

Yukio: Hey, I have some time before work so I thought I'd come to the grilling area and socialize.
Daniela: Hi, Yukio. You're looking well. Have you met Caleb Vatore?
Yukio: Nice to see you again, Daniela. Nice to finally meet you, Caleb!

Daniela: That Lilith is unbelievable! She is constantly following her brother around!

Yukio: Doesn't Lilith live with her brother and Serena Zanna? Why follow Caleb all the way here to take a photo together?
Daniela: That's what I mean! I think Lilith's affection for her brother is--how can I say it?--"unnatural"…

Yukio: Whatever, it's not really any of my business. And Daniela, don't let them spoil your afternoon, either!

Summer: Oh look, there's Caleb and Yukio! I wonder if they'll notice me?
Miko: I'm having a terrible day!

Miko: But my day just got a lot better…Hi there! I'm Miko Ojo from the Fashion District! And you are?
Yukio: Hello Miko! I'm married…

Yukio: Speaking of married, what are Daniela and Caleb doing over there?
They seem to be getting really friendly… Oh, I better get ready for work or I'll be late!

Megumi: Mama really could use some tips from Daichi about reading children's stories!

Monday

Yuki: As one of the Avant Gardes' original members of the Avant Gardes, I call a club gathering to meet its leader Maaike Haas.
After I befriend her, I'm all ready to ask her to step down but Watchette keeps wanting us to pose for a "better shot."
When it's finally time to ask Maaike for real, Maaike suddenly rushes off to work. Grrrrr.
Oh well, I'll invite her over again later today.

Yukio: Megumi's natural birthday is Friday night but we're hoping she'll max all her skills by Thursday night.

Yukio: We open Korma Chameleon for a lunch session.
With the money we made from painting, publishing, and camping mascots, we're able to boost the restaurant's value to $108,214.
I remodeled the interior, added landscaping outdoors, and renovated two rooms for household use.
Now to get to work on the restaurant's ratings!

Do you recognize a familiar face dining with Mortimer Goth? Man, he sure gets around!

Yuki: We close the restaurant for two hours to go home, check on Megumi, and give our staff a rest.
When we reopen for dinner, I invite Maiike to the lot and take over Avant Gardes.

Yukio: After seeing Candy singing on the sidewalk, I add Singing to the banned club activities while the restaurant's open.

Candy: Wow, both Mortimer Goth and Lily Feng have dined here for both lunch and dinner today!

Yuki: Yukio leaves for work so he leaves me in charge of the restaurant tonight.
I have to send my sister Candy home because all she wants to do is chat with Bradly and me.

Bradly: Good evening, Mr. Landgraab. What, you dined here for lunch today, too?
That's fantastic! I hope you will be continue to be our regular patron!

(I wonder how the game decides which sims will visit the restaurant.)

Bradly: Around 11:30 pm, I get Braddon's birthday notice but we can't close the restaurant yet.
We're waiting on a pair who arrived at 7 pm but have yet to leave.

C'mon, Daichi! Continue your discussion of grilled cheese sammies somewhere else, please!

Tuesday

Bradly: I finally get home two hours later, heading straight to Braddon's bassinet to age him up.
Wouldn't you agree that my little boy is perfect?
Off he waddles to grab himself something to eat!

Bradly: I'm so thrilled to be a father!
Braddon: (Whoa, this onion bagel is seriously delish!)

Yukio: I bet Don's going to be super excited to see that Braddon has his green eyes!
Maybe it's time for the three founders to convene. Maybe we can help each other to age up our helpers…

Current Status of the Restaurant Bloodline

Founder: Yukio Soma
*Completed requirements:
  Restaurant: Korma Chameleon, resale value = $108,214
*Incomplete requirements:
  Portrait: none
  Career: Chef (Level 9)
  Star rating: 3.5 stars

Gen2 Heir: Megumi Soma
Toddler skills: Potty Level 3, Level 4 Comm/Imagin/Thinking, and Level 3 Movement

Coming next: More Braddon spam…

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: I'm a Sim without Conviction (03/17)
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2017, 09:42:40 AM »
Megumi is so adorable!!
Daichi is everywhere, isn't he?  Maybe he's replacing Summer as this dynasty's resident stalker?
Congrats on getting the restaurant's value up over the $100K mark!  I also wondered about how the game chooses who comes to the restaurant as it seemed to be primarily the same 10 or so Sims showing up most of the time. 
Looking forward to the next update!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2017, 02:19:54 PM »
Oh, my! Moss 2.0 has definitely added some important and valuable new features! I'm glad Massimo Due has already noticed. :) They're a cute little duo despite the age difference.

I love that Bradley can scoff at the camping mascot. That's hilarious! I was really excited when mean Cressida could yell at it, but I didn't realize other traits had their own interactions. I wonder if there are more!

I love Megumi chowing down on that giant flower!

Bradly is the cutest father, and Braddon is such a sweet little chubby-cheeked angel boy! Love the green eyes.

I was wondering what you had up your sleeve about aging up helpers to keep them in sync with the heirs. So they're going to become good friends with the other families?  That's genius! I never would have thought of that.

So excited for more Braddon spam (and more Karma Chameleon chapter titles :) ) Hooray!

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2017, 07:11:53 AM »
I really want to know whether toddlers being able to eat flowers was intentional :D

Your restaurant is looking really pretty, as well as having a high resale value.

Love that Bradly can scoff at the statue. Now I want to play with all the other traits!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2017, 07:41:32 PM »
Isn't the two step like... some sort of country dance?  Thought we were talking about being gangstas!
Is she really eating the flower?
I'm glad Daichi returned as nanny.  I enjoyed his comment about all the smoking at the Dinero's place.
Lots of irritation for Lilith going around, eh?  I'm glad Summer made her appearance, she always makes me laugh.
This restaurant of yours is amazing.  I know I said it before but every time I see it again, I have a new appreciation and find something else to look at.  Of course, Candy will start singing :)
Whats up with Daichi's 4 star rating!  And you!  You didn't even call him on it cause you like him so much!  lol
Braddon!  I'm excited.  Okay, he's a cute toddler but I'm really just waiting for teen at this point.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: I'm a Sim Who Doesn't Know (03/18)
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »
@PeregrineTook
For some reason, I don't consider Daichi to be a stalker because he takes good care of the kids plus he never follows the other adults around. When he has free time, he cooks/cleans, paints, or reads.
I wonder if the more sims my restaurant owner knows, the more sims will come to the restaurant.
I'm going to try to get him out socializing more.

@FrancescaFiori
I was dying to know if Serena had a girl or boy, then just couldn't resist to see how they interact.
Toddlers usually can't interact much with strangers, so I was surprised Moss could pick Massimo up.
My good-friends plan might be more time-consuming than I can manage, but I've figured out a devious strategy for Braddon, lol. You can probably guess!
Haha, this chapter is my last title from Karma Chameleon, but it's part of an intricate two-part titling.

@Alex
About toddlers eating flowers, I wonder if the devs imagined we'd be feeding them veggies and fruit instead?
Well, now your legacy residence has a Camping Mascot statue on its front lawn, so you can try out all the interactions with your household. We're expecting a full report!

@wfgodot
Noooo, not a country dance!!! The two-step is also a hip hop move, rofl. Snoop Dogg always be rapping about doing the two step. :-)
You know how we get toddlers to eat plants to get them in a happy mood? Megumi had a stack of Chamomile plants in her inventory.
To be fair to Summer, she was the founder's spouse in my first (failed) attempt at the Apocalypse Challenge. The kids were cute, she was okay. But I used Jade Rosa in my second attempt and she was awesome.
Lol, Daichi can almost do no wrong! Plus, every time he comes, he brings a new customer!
As for Braddon's teen birthday, he's still got quite a ways to go before that. I'm feeling impatient, too!

2.17  Yukio Soma (2/4): I'm a Sim Who Doesn't Know

Week 2/Tuesday

Braddon: I love to watch Megumi because she's so pretty! 
*raps: You can do it! Put your back into it!

Megumi: (I like to pretend that I don't notice Braddon watching me…)

Bradly: With the help of Yukio and Daichi, I finish building the rocket ship right before leaving for work.

Yukio: Of course, the first day Korma Chameleon ever has five tables filled, everyone at our house is at work except me!
Don Lothario shows up wearing a striped tank top. That's his party outfit?
We need to invite him over to meet our closet--Don is a handsome guy but he needs to lose that tank top!

Yukio: While I'm busy greeting everyone, I see diners from three tables get up and leave. Too bad!

Oh, I should have known! Don's just out for a jog before his meal arrives.

When he sits down to eat, I hurry over and offer him a complimentary drink.
He actually leaves for another jog after his meal but before his complimentary drink arrives. Sheesh.
Get your five-star self back here, Don!

Just when I think he'll never stop chatting with the Fyres, he gives a 5-star review that boosts Korma to 4 stars!
I know just how to show my appreciation! *Summons Braddon to the restaurant

Don: Thank you for wanting to thank me, Yukio, but I have to confess! I'm still not that comfortable with being a father yet.
Braddon: (This Papa looks kinda scary…)

Yukio: All our diners have paid and we're closing the restaurant, so why don't you go home with us, Don?

Don: Well, aren't you a handsome little devil with your green eyes! He looks just like me, don't you think?

Braddon: (No comment…)

Daichi: Braddon, why are you out here by yourself? I thought you were with your father. Where'd he go?
Braddon: *points thatta way
Daichi: Are you kidding me? Your father leaves you outside alone to go jogging?
Braddon: (I might like my other papa better…)

Yuki: Because Megumi isn't tired but Braddon is very sleepy, we take along their beds to the restaurant.
When Watchette comes out of Build mode after placing their beds upstairs, Yukio freezes.

Bradley: No worries, Yuki. You, Candy, and I can handle the diners ourselves, if it's just for tonight.
Daichi's here, too, and he can look after the toddlers.

Bringing the toddlers to Korma is a huge pain because the adults constantly check on the toddlers.
Why don't you do that at home, people!?

Candy: I realize that the Fengs are very wealthy townies, but I just can't imagine living with them!
Lily Feng is always making the most unpleasant faces!

Yukio: I can actually turn my head but I can't move otherwise. When Watchette returns Megumi's bed to family storage, Yuki freezes.
When Braddon awakes and Watchette returns his bed to family storage, both Daichi and Megumi freeze.

Now, only Bradly and Braddon remain unfrozen. What a night!

Bradly: At the host station, Victor Feng and Nancy Landgraab decide to meld.
Okay, I'm calling it before I freeze, too. I'm closing Korma and taking everyone home!
Next time, let's just buy new kiddie beds for Korma!

Bradly: By the way, I earned the Level 5 promotion earlier today, so now we have a cloning machine like our rivals.

Wednesday

I'm about to leave for my fifth space mission for Nerd Brain, even without any rocket ship upgrades.
If I want to take this ship to Sixam, though, I really need to work on my Rocket Science.
And where there's a will, there's always a way! Mwahaha.

Yukio: This morning, I decide to throw a bogus social event to complete the Master Chef aspiration (which everyone shares).
I call it "bogus" because I'm ignoring the party goals but I realize too late that I could have simply thrown a non-prestige party.

Bradly looks very dapper in his suit! Now that's a party outfit!

Bradly: I realize you want Braddon to befriend someone in either the Dinero or Zanna household.
And I agree with your inviting Jessminder Bheeda, since she's the mother of Krishna.
But why invite Caleb Vatore instead of Penny Pizzazz who is Paola's mother?

Yukio: Because I know Caleb but I don't know Penny Pizzazz.
But Penny's a co-worker of Yuki's, so let's have Yuki invite her over someday soon.

Based on their clothing, you can tell that Daichi is an invited guest, but Nanny Scruggs is just slacking on the job.
I can't believe she's sitting with the guests as if, "Oh yeah, I was invited to this party, too!"

Yukio: Just before noon, Megumi is very, very close to maxing all her skills.
She's very sleepy now and is going to bed, but I'm thinking she might be able to age up tonight!

Braddon: Just me, looking adorable. What did you just ask? Of course that's enough of a reason to include this shot!

Yukio: I wait until Megumi and Braddon go to bed, which means I don't open Korma today until almost 2 pm.
I'm rewarded, though, by the Dineros who finally come to dine!

Is it just my imagination, or does this new Moss seem less…innocent?

Daniela: Don't look my way! He certainly doesn't get that from me! *adjusts halo

Candy: While we teach Megumi and Braddon to dance, Victor Feng comes to join us.
Sadly, we can't lock the upstairs to household only because of Daichi, but we can't lock it to club only because of the toddlers!

Yukio: I'm closing this restaurant! The Dineros have left and we don't want Victor's lousy 3 stars, anyway.

Yukio: I don't open the restaurant for dinner so we'll be ready for Megumi's birthday.

Megumi: Nanny Scruggs leaves me dancing by myself to go make moony eyes at Nanny Daichi, but I max Movement anyway!
Hmmph! It's too late now, Nanny Scruggs!  Papa, I'm ready for my birthday!

Yukio: After four adults unsuccessfully try to help Megumi blow out the candles, Watchette finds that repairing our world doesn't help either.
Finally, I open Korma and we all travel there instead. I request a table, order a cake, and Megumi can finally age up!

Megumi: Yep, and I aged up 25 hours earlier than Moss did, too!

Thursday

Megumi: I'm hoping to finish my aspiration, get a B grade, and earn 2,000 satisfaction points by early Friday evening.
As soon as I get those three things done, it'll be time for my teen birthday!

Current Status of the Restaurant Bloodline

*Completed requirements:
  Portrait: $9,044
  Career: Chef (Level 9)
  Star rating: 4.5 stars

Toddler skills: Maxed all 5 skills (Top-Notch Toddler)
Childhood aspiration: (Artistic Prodigy)

Coming next: Megumi's Teen Birthday

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2017, 12:57:39 AM »
Oh my gosh!  Look at cute little child Megumi and her messy hair!  She's a doll!
That freezing issue must be maddening!  I appreciate that you present it to us in a humorous way.  That means you must be dealing with it alright?
I've decided that Moss should marry Candy.  Poor Candy.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2017, 02:24:25 AM »
@PeregrineTook

After the awful dinner experience, I found that if I just go to Manage Worlds (not traveling), the family is unfrozen when I return to the restaurant. That evening, sadly, is followed by another horrible evening, lol. The freezing seems to happen when I do anything with toddler-related objects and Build/Buy mode.

Why "Poor Candy"? You're going to give her a fabulous life in your challenge, right?  ;D
In my current file, she's constantly going around to everyone working in the restaurant to use the "Praise vampire lifestyle" social.
I'm thinking she might want to become one?

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2017, 01:11:42 PM »
Are you a Snoop fan??  You know, I don't actually listen to much of him.  He's too... mellow lol.  I'm not up to snuff on my dance moves, either.
BUT I really enjoy that one clip of him narrating the wildlife in that "Planet Earth" video.  It cracks me up.
Regulators!  Mount up.  Okay, that's not Snoop OR Ice Cube but I like it.

Wow, Megumi is adorable in her new hair!  I love Braddon watching her dance.  I also liked his hesitance towards Don.  You know, I realized that Braddon and Rocco are half brothers!  Woot!  I might not have a Salem child, but I did have my Don kid and I'm satisfied with that.  And I actually like Don's striped tank top!  But I'm not known for my fashion sense.  Well, unless it comes to socks.  I love the little picture of Braddon standing abandoned as Don goes for another jog.

It was cool to see Moss, too.  He's definitely looking like a bit of a troublemaker.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Drop It Like It's Samosa
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2017, 06:48:18 PM »
@wfgodot
Lol, you a hardcore gangsta rapper fan! But…"Nuthin' but a G-Thang" with Dr. Dre, " Drop It Like It's Hot" with Pharrell, or "Signs" with Justin T?!  I like Snoop's groove plus he's super funny and very weird. You missed the appearance of the Snoop lookalike sim in my legacy, lol.  Haha, Plizzanet Earth on tree frogs, ftw.
  As it turns out, Megumi's not a child for very long...
  Can't wait for Braddon to become a teen so we can compare him with Rocco, looks-wise. Sims 4 needs a multi-player mode, so we can intermingle our sims!!!
  Yeah, Moss has those devious eyes! I'm pretty sure he gets them from Mamacita Daniela.

2.18  Yukio Soma (3/4): Drop It Like It's Samosa

Week 2/Thursday

Bradly: In the wee hours, I mix my first amygdelight before starting to upgrade our rocket ship.

Bradly: Before work, I make an offering and a wish at the wishing well and receive a full promotion. If only I could reach Level 10 Scientist before Megumi moves out!

Yukio: We're going to have Candy write you a Book of Life, too, Bradly.

Yuki: I really like my Level 7 work uniform. I wish I could keep this uniform forever!
Yukio: I agree. It's one of the nicest Painter uniforms I've seen so far.

Yukio: Caleb drinks two plasma packs while dining at our restaurant this afternoon.
I mean, I'm glad he's not preying on our customers but couldn't he remain seated to avoid drawing so much attention?

And see that diner on my left with the hat? When Candy goes to prioritize their meal later, his review drops from 4 stars to 1 star.
What could she have said to him? It causes Korma Chameleon's rating to drop a 1/2 star to 4 stars!!!

Have I introduced you to our new waiter, Krishna Joyson?
He's a lazy loner which makes him seem unsuited to work as a waiter. I'm still deciding whether to fire him or not.

I'm so disappointed that Moss Dinero decided not to dine here today.
After he was seated, I rushed over to welcome him but he left soon after without ordering. I wonder why.

But now that Caleb has started dining here, I wonder if Megumi's restaurant should be Italian…

Candy: This is why we have to keep that gate locked. Why did that creep follow me up here, anyway?

Yukio: This guy just wouldn't leave! He's just been sitting there with that stupid smile ever since Korma opened today at 11:30 am.
It's 6 pm, though, and everyone needs to take a short break (especially the staff), so I close the restaurant (and the fool leaves without paying).

Daichi's been acting oddly since yesterday.  Returning from the restaurant, I start the club and Daichi arrives as usual in his everyday outfit.
When I  phone for a nanny, Daichi's encouraging Megumi while she draws.
Instead of a different nanny arriving, though, Daichi suddenly changes into his nanny uniform.

Oh well, we're off to the restaurant! We can find Megumi another violin mentor there.

Yukio: Hiring an entertainer to mentor Megumi in front of the restaurant is a total bust!
The wait staff all come out to listen and leave her tips. The customers all drop by for a bit as well.
One of us even accidentally selects "Request a table" instead of "Disallow new customers," so we all start getting seated until Watchette stops us.

After 3 hours, a single "real" diner has yet to be seated, so I close the restaurant at 10 pm and reopen it right away. Arrrggghh!!!

Lily: Really, Nancy? You couldn't just go to the ladies' room after we ordered?
Last time I ever invite you out for dinner! Scratch that, last time I ever invite you anywhere!

Yukio: On the plus side, we're back to a 4.5-star rating!

Friday

Yukio: Now that we're done investing in Korma Chameleon, we can finally build the Soma Museum.
That's our club seal above the door!

Yuki: These are 12 of the 14 or 15 portraits I've painted of dear Yukio.
One is worth $9,044 (on the very left), two are around $6,500, and the rest range from $2,000 to $3,600.
I guess just having the Art Lover trait isn't enough to make me a great painter…

Bradly: Or you could try a few more portraits once you bring home a better easel. How many more promotions do you need for that?

Yuki: The Fengs come to dine as a couple for a change. Lily's even feeling flirty.
Had enough of girls' night out, hey, Lily?

Nancy Landgraab's back again, too. Not surprisingly, she's not with Lily today.

Yukio: I welcome the Dineros to Korma Chameleon.
I'm not sure why Moss Dineros wears such a poignant, troubled look. Dude, it's just lunch!

Yuki: So Nancy's not dining alone after all! Her husband Geoffrey arrives, feeling flirty.
It's great to see the married couples here together.

Yuki: I rush over to the Dineros' table to offer them complimentary drinks.
Daniela and Salim's 5-star reviews dropped to 4 stars because they didn't like the food.

Yukio: This is unavoidable, I guess, since I just changed our menu last night to center on food and drink that are the hardest to prepare (Difficulty 5).

Yukio: Our third waiter, Krishna Joyson, shows up for work 3 hours late and out of uniform.
Needless to say, I fire him.  We don't really do enough business to merit 3 waiters, anyway.

Speaking of business, when I played a tournament challenge last year, my outdoor restaurant had 8-9 tables filled for lunch and dinner every day.
It might be a combination of a higher-quality environment and the perks I'd purchased. Hmmm.
Oh right! The "Meal Rush" perk! How could I have forgotten!

Yukio: Before leaving, he looks pensive then mutters that we should add squid to the menu. Yeah, right!

Okay, let's close up and go home, folks!

Back at home...
Megumi: Just as Papa's about to leave for work, I finish playing the violin for five hours and am ready for my birthday.
Yukio: I, of course, return to celebrate my little girl's leap into her teenage years.

Yukio: My little Megumi has grown up into a most beautiful teenager!
Her namesake, Megumi Tadokoro from "Food Wars," was raised in a traditional Japanese inn run by her mother.
So we used an image of such an inn's hearth for Megumi's collage.
Yuki: Megumi ages up with that hair and wants to keep it, but I change its color from silver to lavender.

Yukio: And now we face a tremendous question! What boy will be even close to good enough for our Megumi!?
Bradly: My son, Braddon, obviously!

Megumi: Mama makes me the leader of Avant Gardes, which has almost no perk points but does boast a Writing skill boost.
I add everyone to the club and start a club gathering to start earning points.
Sadly, Daichi can't be added because he already belongs to the Zanna and Dinero dynasty clubs.

Auntie Candy, would you at least smile while you're mentoring me?

Yukio: Now that our restaurant and museum are more or less complete, I'm thinking about hiring a butler.
Yuki: Do we really need a butler? We only have one toddler in the house and Daichi's so helpful!

Yukio: Actually, what's great about a butler is that we could order a butler around!
Yuki: Really? So, okay, we could order a butler around, but the big question is, do they listen?
Yukio: Maybe we could try it out. That way, Daichi could focus on Braddon and we won't have to deal with the other lame nannies…

Coming next: Will Korma Chameleon ever reach 5 stars?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Drop It Like It's Samosa (03/19)
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2017, 07:09:27 PM »
Oh goodness!  Megumi is so lovely!  And of course Bradly thinks only Braddon would be good enough for her.
Poor Nancy!  If only there was a bathroom at the restaurant.  Oh wait, that's kind of a requirement, so I guess she can't use that excuse. 
Moss being so intense at lunch was pretty amusing.  I enjoy how your bloodlines keep crossing paths  :=)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Drop It Like It's Samosa (03/19)
« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2017, 09:25:47 PM »
Pharrell?  Justin T?  Uh-uh.  I draw the line there.

Anyway, I'm very jealous of Yuki's painter uniform!  The one Delaney got is hideous.
I do think the next restaurant should be Italian!  Maybe we'll see Massimo and Moss dining there together now and then?  Okay maybe a bit too forward of me.  Maybe we'll see them cross paths there, anyway.
That's kind of funny about Megumi and everyone wanting to watch her play, though!
Can't help but think Nancy just helped you out there with your ratings.  I mean, free entertainment? 
Kinda sad Megumi's already a teen.  I think she was the cutest kid! 
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Reaching for the (5) Stars
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2017, 06:10:24 AM »
@PeregrineTook
I agree with you. Megumi might be my prettiest female result of in-game genetics. I'm so impatient to see Braddon as a teenager! Until then, I'm not making Bradly any promises!
But it's Braddon…how can he fail to please?
Nancy wetting herself was shocking. There's a bathroom on each side of this not-that-spacious dining area.
I wish Arun and Jesminder would come dine at Korma, too! Does Korma need a hookah lounge?

@wfgodot
You're much more of a hardcore rap fan than I am. I'm more of an R&B fan.  ;D  For me, music has to have a groove cuz I love to dance.
But How can you not like Pharrell in Drop It Like It's Hot!?!?!  Okay, I see we'll never see eye to eye on this, lol.
I do think the next restaurant should be Italian!  Maybe we'll see Massimo and Moss dining there together now and then?  Okay maybe a bit too forward of me.
I'm way ahead of you, lol. I wanted to create a "private backroom," but there's no guarantee that the host/hostess would seat them there.  :-(
     Gah, Yukio had the worst luck with dinner crowds this past week! And it's ironic that everyone's tipping Megumi, cuz you know if she were playing for tips she'd have gotten nothing, hahaha.
     I don't know if Nancy peeing all over the floor would be entertaining if I were dining there, lol.
*imagines myself eating Cubed Ahi with Wasabi watchamacallit then suddenly getting overwhelmed by the smell of urine
     Nope, not very entertaining! I do appreciate that Lily and Nancy both left 5-star reviews, though.
     If I play my cards right, the child stage only lasts 2 days or so. At first, I resisted ageing up children early, but it's a race to own the most lots, so the faster, the better. 

2.19  Yukio Soma (4/4): Reaching for the (5) Stars

Week 2/Friday

Megumi: My two unique skills will be Writing and Guitar.
When I take a break from writing, I'm delighted to learn that Uncle Daichi can mentor me!

Yuki: Wow, it's a good thing Yukio fired that waiter Krishna this afternoon. Looks like he has serious anger management issues.
Bradly: Or he's just mad about being fired today. He totally deserved it!

Bradly: We're not exactly rolling in dough, but we're not doing badly, considering how much time we spend at Korma.
Selling off all those rejected portraits of Yukio also brings in a tidy sum.

Watchette builds me a lab downstairs! It's great to have my own space to work!

Bradly: I take a break to dance with my little Braddon. I wonder why Don doesn't come around.
Doesn't he realize Braddon's only going to be such an adorable toddler for several more days?

Braddon: I'm thinking I want to grow up to be a bro like Papa. I wish Megumi could be a bro, too!

Braddon (sings): Get up, get down, put your hands up to the sound!
Get up, get down, put your hands up to the sound? Shufflin' shufflin' shufflin'…

Bradly: Has it already been mentioned that Sims 4 group dancing borrows choreography from that Party Rock Anthem music video?

Yukio: A little past 11 pm, I officially become the first sim in this challenge to max a career!
And in a few days, Bradly will be the only one working so we can really focus on that five-star rating!

Saturday

Yukio: Salim and Caleb are both married to dynasty founders, yet they sure spend a lot of time away from home.
Daniela and Serena must be keeping their husbands on long leashes…

Bradly: Hopefully, I can use this to boost my work performance and Rocket Science skilling.
Also, since Megumi is creative, Braddon should probably become a genius. So this is for him, too!

Bradly: Yukio opens Korma at 11 am and I accompany him there for the lunch crowd.

I'm not comping his meal just because he's my baby daddy! It's because he's also a valued customer!

Yukio: I'm trying to reach a 5-star rating without resorting to comping everyone's meals.
But about half of our clientele are leaving 4-star reviews ever since I changed the menu.

Since my chefs can't be trained anymore, I buy the Ingredient Quality Options perk and switch to higher-quality ingredients.
By the way, I saved one of Yuki's portraits of me to hang in our restaurant.

Yuki: Yukio opens Korma again for dinner and I come here straight from work.

We get a notice that Megumi earned her Level 3 promotion for the Fast Food career tonight!
I summon her to Korma so I can take a photo of her in that cute work uniform.
As soon as she arrives, though, she immediately changes to her party outfit (Korma's dress code).

What kind of expression is that, young lady?

Megumi: Braddon and Uncle Daichi are also in their party outfits.
Uncle Daichi initially showed up at Korma to dine but ended up visiting Braddon and me upstairs.

Yukio: I try to send Bradly home to continue leveling his Rocket Science skill, but he acts as if he's having pathing issues and won't leave.

If he can't leave because he's Braddon's designated caregiver, then why hasn't Don been around?

Yukio: We are doing really well tonight. It looks like we'll receive all 5-star reviews.
When I inform our hostess to disallow new customers, however, all our diners get up and leave.

Our Finance Report shows that we actually did business tonight, but the customer count is zero.
This isn't the first time that's happened with "Disallow new customers" either. *sighs

Yukio: Dear Yuki unlocked the Deluxe All-Seasons Easel as part of her Level 8 promotion package today.

Yuki: Now that I have this super easel, would you pose for me again, dear?
Yukio: We need to hurry, darling. It's getting close to the time for switching households.

Yuki: Oh right, it's Saturday night! I need to quit my job before midnight.
From now, I'm only going to paint at home and work at Korma, like you, dear.

Yuki: During Week 3, I'll finish these six portraits of Yukio, then start painting Megumi's portrait.

Megumi: I quit my job tonight, too! Also, I take over this room as my bedroom.
Candy asks Watchette to move her writing stuff to another, smaller room.

Megumi: I'm a geek like Mama, so I spend the time before the Big Switch outdoors, digging for collectibles.

Braddon: Since Megumi has abandoned me, Watchette remodels this room for me. *sniffle, sniffle

Bradly: Next time, I'm going to Sixam, for sure!

Yukio: Watchette, I'm a creative, cheerful foodie with Level 1 Fitness. Why do I have the "Drink Energy Juice" option?
Beats me, Yukio. Hold on a minute… *checks Carl's Guide and comes up empty-handed
Whatever, drink your energy juice and start jogging. We'll see more of you during the next two weeks if you're a jogger.
Just make sure you don't bulk up, Yukio. You're fine like you are now.

Candy: Why am I pulling weeds in the garden like some ugly stepsister?
I'm the one wrote those three Books of Life, remember? Pippin, a little help, please?

Never forget! Never forgive!

Week 2 Status of the Restaurant Bloodline

*Completed requirements:
  Career: Chef (Level 10)

Portrait: (trying to beat $9,044)
  Star rating: 4.5 stars

*Completed move-out requirements
  Toddler skills: Maxed all 5 skills (Top-Notch Toddler)
  Childhood aspiration: Artistic Prodigy
  Good friends: Yukio Soma; Daichi Yoshida, Elizabeth Scruggs, and Houda Abd Al Kader
  Teen Career: Fast Food (Level 3)

*Incomplete move-out requirements
  Unique Aspiration: Bestselling Author (on Tier II)
  Portrait:
  Skills (2): Writing (Level 10) and Guitar (Level 4)
  Enemies (2):
  Collection (7):

Note: This was a stellar week for Yukio and Megumi in all respects, except the star rating.
However, Bradly is the only one employed now, so Week 3 will focus on earning that last 1/2 star and keeping a 5-star rating for three days.
Also, hopefully, Yuki will not need to paint 20 portraits of Megumi to craft one that's museum-worthy.

Coming next: Week 2 chez Serena Zanna/Skilling with Toddler Massimo

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Reaching for the (5) Stars [03/21]
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2017, 06:54:13 AM »
I think I'd be pretty amused if somebody peed on the floor.  I mean, as long as you're sitting far enough away.  Drama!
Heh, I like Snoop Dogg's bits of that song more than Pharrell's.  Nope, I do not like R&B much at all.  I'm not really that big on rap either, I just like the really old stuff.  It reminds me of growing up :)  Sometimes I listen to the new stuff and it all sounds the same.  They all sound like they're just... talking lol.

Glad Yukio's portraits brought in some money.  I was thinking about the people who would buy a random portrait of a random fellow.  I prolly would, Yukio's hott.
I didn't know the dance moves came from that video. Then again maybe that video got them from elsewhere.  I swear I've seen some of those moves before!  Well before that song came out.
Don with his root beer float :)
I caught Tessa making that exact same face.  It's the one Whirligig said she'd never seen before!
Poor Braddon, left behind as a Toddler.  Megumi is way older than he is now.  Fingers crossed for the last .5 star. 
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog