Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 180586 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Reaching for the (5) Stars [03/21]
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »
Haha, oh Candy.  Don't worry.  I'll give you a nice future at some point in my RDC.
Another lovely update.  Megui looks awesome in her party outfit!  Who needs a shot of the work outfit when she's rocking that purple and black top?
Braddon's feelings of abandonment since his buddy grew up were so sad!

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2017, 04:46:16 PM »
Gak, sorry you're having bugs with the restaurant. Maybe people are leaving lower ratings due to concerns about food hygiene thanks to Nancy's visit?

Poor left-behind little Braddon :( His party outfit is adorable, though.

That expression of Megumi's is awesome. And horrifying. And slightly painful-looking. But mostly awesome :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2017, 01:06:15 AM »
Oh, gosh! I'm way behind because I've been out of town, and then I got even further behind because I had to go watch "Plizzanet Earth" and "Party Rock Anthem." Both worth watching, but now down to business!

Megumi is so adorable! I love her heart-shaped face, and she is totally rocking her color scheme! Way to go, girl!

I'm delighted to see that Moss 2.0 can rock the tragic facial expressions as well as the mischievous ones. Troublemaker, indeed! (Tr-tr-tr-troublemaker, even!)

I thought Daniela had a lot of portraits, but Yukio really puts her to shame! That is one seriously well-documented sim! And one slave-driving, perfectionist Watchette!

Delighted and amused that Bradly will be getting his own Book of Life before the big switcheroo. He's such a sweet Daddy! Don's hesitance is also cute, in its own way. I wonder why he doesn't have the Baby Daddy Hovering Disease. Did they fix it while I wasn't looking? Braddon, of course, charms and entrances in every shot. The child positively oozes charisma. Oh, age up soon, little one, so you can spend some of that charm on Megumi!

So Candy asked for a smaller writing room, eh? Considerate of her. ;)

Go five stars! You guys can do it! And easy on the T-stances!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: You're Hawt, Gnomesaying?
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »
@wfgodot
Selling those portraits of Yukio brought in lots of money. Portraits of Serena not so much, as you'll soon find out.
I laughed at Don's drink, too! Glazed Bamboo Roll with…rootbeer float?
Can't say for sure that the devs referred to that music video, but the devs and the video are both quite corny so it seemed like a reasonably good match.
We're having really horrible luck at the restaurant lately, so thanks for your support!

@PeregrineTook
I feel better just knowing that Candy will enjoy a better life elsewhere. (^_^)
So happy that you continue to like Megumi! Yeah, Braddon looked terribly sad after her birthday. Poor guy!

@Alex
Korma Chameleon's probably buggy because I've done a lot of object resizing and MOO there.
As soon as the Somas get their third day of a 5-star rating, if they ever do, I'm going to strip the second floor bare and minimize the landscaping. *sighs
I'd wanted to keep each of the restaurants in operation until the end of the challenge, but now I'm not sure my game can handle that…
Poor little Braddon! He needs to work on his skillz so Megumi can't ignore him!

@FrancescaFiori
I love Megumi, so I'm glad you do, too!
Moss makes these little devious faces now and then. I like that his personality seems so different. And he's even pushed his way into Massimo's relationship panel, hehe.
Jesminder raised the bar on portrait value, so what can I say. Yukio has almost maxed painting without completing Painter Extraordinaire, so I'm thinking I'll give him a few tries at painting Megumi's portrait.
I'm deeply disappointed that Don hasn't suffered the Baby-Daddy-Who-Never-Leaves syndrome. I was really looking forward to having him around during Braddon's toddlerhood.
Lol, count on you to notice how I moved Candy out of that spacious, sunny room!
It's only Week 2 so far, so way too early for my save file to be acting up already. It has me very worried, as you might imagine.

2.20  Serena Zanna (1/4): You're Hawt, Gnomesaying?

Week 2/Sunday

Serena: So, you're finally here, Watchette. Are you late to everyone else's house, too, or just ours?
You'll be happy to hear that I'm consistently late to every house every week.

Serena: After two weeks, I can barely remember what I'm supposed to be doing! A few reminders, please?

Unlike your rivals, you haven't completed a single requirement yet. Here's your Get-Things-Done List for Week 2:
   • Garden: Missing a death flower, so go harvest a lily plant asap
   • Portrait: None yet
   • Vampire Family aspiration:
           Tier III:  Train 3 offspring (2/3)
           Tier IV:  Become a Grand Master, Become good friends with 5 offspring (0/5)
   • Career: You need five more promotions

Serena: That's a long list! What was I even doing during Week 1, anyway?

Well, you got off to a good start but Yukio Soma has already maxed his career. Massimo could use some attention, too!
The Dinero and Soma heirs are already teens, you know!

Serena: Gah, we're so behind and we're so poor!
I start Week 2 by inviting three of my offspring over then asking Lilith to train me. Diego transforms into a vampire the moment he walks in the door.

Caleb: Hmmmm, Massimo isn't doing that well with his skills, considered he's been a toddler for two days already.
Serena: You don't think so? I'm guessing he'll be ready for his birthday by Wednesday night!

Penny: My Paola has a little over 24 hours before she ages up naturally.
I hope she can become a Top-Notch Toddler, too! I think she can do it if we hire a nanny for her!

Serena: I need to train a third offspring to reach Vampire Family's final tier.
Foolish me! I should have trained Jackie or Diego first then asked Lilith to train me later!

While I'm waiting for the cooldown period to end, I start on making my five good friends.
Watchette's buddy FrancescaFiori swears by the Don't Wake the Llama table, so I try it out.

Caleb: I see Daichi standing by the stairs, just spacing out. I try using my Command vampire power to make him help us with the garden.

Why is there no "Command to garden" option?

Caleb: Whatever. Command to Clean is just as helpful, since Lilith still spills water everywhere when she waters the plants.

But what's Daichi's problem anyway? He used to clean without having to be asked!

Serena: We all go the Magnolia Blossom Park so I can seek a lily for my deathflower.
While I'm hiding in the restroom pavilion, I spy a possibly hawt gardener sitting by himself.

Lilith, quick! Go find who he is and what his traits are!

Lilith: What a cutie-pie! His name's Wyatt Owen and I learn that he's an ambitious adult and a community gardener.
Serena: Really, Lilith? Who would have guessed that he's a gardener?

Serena: Amore mio, why are you chatting with that married lady, Caleb? Come over here and chat with this married lady! Remember me? Your wife?

Caleb: Oh, Serena, how can you doubt that I'm all yours?
Because the Zanna heirs all share a garden requirement, I'm trying to take over Garden Gnomes.

Moira: Well, I see you're not that into chatting with me. Goodbye!
Caleb: Wait! Wait! ….she's gone

Wyatt: Is there a pool around here? Why would you want to see my swimwear?

Serena: Um, Lilith? You've only found out he's ambitious and you're checking out his swimwear?
Lilith: Hey, it's important to know that he's not a pear, right?

Lilith (batting eyelash): Heeeeeyy, Wyatt! You need a new hoe for your garden shed?

Serena: Sheesh, Lilith, that was a pathetic attempt at a pick-up line! Whatever happened to playing hard to get?
And, anyway, he's not for you, girl! I'm thinking he might be spouse material or, at least, a helper.

Back at home…
Massimo: I'm so tired and hungry!

Caleb: Um, Watchette? Why were we even at the park?
We have a lily plant grafted already. Serena's waiting for an orchid to harvest and plant.

Oops! Right, it's the Somas who are missing a lily… *hangs head

Massimo: Well, this is much better with Papa reading us a story while I eat. But I'm still sad about have been left behind!
Paola: Why do you care about being left behind, Massimo? You're not even friends with my mama!

Serena: Caleb darling, I'm going to have to ask you to leave behind your life as a gentleman of leisure.
We only have $4,950 in household funds and no museum yet.
Caleb: You mean, I get to have unlimited, exclusive access to the woodworking table?!

The Zannas really need to focus on boosting their funds. Maybe use the Come and Get It Street Store or Street Gallery objects to hold yard sales?

Lilith: Why do I get the feeling that I'll be put in charge of sales? Oh right, because I'm outgoing!

Serena: Hello, Don! It's great to see you on a day off. Thanks for inviting me in!
Don: Hello, Serena. I'd like to say it's nice to see you but why are you even here?
Serena: Why? I don't understand…

Don: We dislike each other, remember?
Serena: But why? What did I ever do you?
Don: I don't remember, either. It must have happened during one of your off weeks. *shrugs
Serena: But Don, I consider you one of my fave co-workers! We can fix this! *starts spamming friendly socials

Lilith: What am I, anyway? The Candy Behr of the Zanna House? *mumbles and grumbles

Caleb: I stop fishing as soon as I notice the tulip plant is ready to be harvested.
I acquired a tulip flower, Serena love, so we can go home now!

Serena: Well, it's been fun, Don. See you at the Lab tomorrow!
Don: What!? You didn't come over just to make up with me?
Serena: Dude, check out your relationship panel! We're not friends yet but at least our red bars are gone!

Lilith: Very smooth, Serena! You invite Diego over to socialize but you fly off in bat form while leaving him in the sun?
Serena: I can't help it, Lilith! Can you help out a sister, Watchette?
Sorry! I enabled "Always move in bat form" before I left you at the end of Week 1, thinking you might boost your Vampire Rank bar while I was away.
*disables the Always travel in bat form option

Serena: And now, dear Diego, you're my second offspring to also be my good friend!
Diego: And may I hope that we may someday become more than that?
Serena: Nope, not a bat's chance! But I would like you to become a Zanna helper at some point.

Diego: Wait, what? Not as an heir's spouse?
Serena: You've become too popular lately, sweetheart. I'm thinking we might go with the gardener…
You're still on the short list for helpers, though!

Serena: I spy Count Vlad strolling by and ask him to train me.
Now that Caleb and Lilith are Grand Masters, Count Vlad has lost most of his aura, you know what I'm saying?
Still, he's descended from the founder of Forgotten Hollow, so he got history, yo!

Darn it, I should have dueled with him instead! His training hardly makes any difference!

Serena: A sim pauses in his midnight stroll to spectate while I train. He looks vaguely familiar.

Sergio, that hopeful look on your face is slightly pathetic, lol. You will definitely not become a vampire!

Serena: I hear that Yukio Soma is still having his wife paint portraits, even though she painted one worth $9,044.
Don't you have the Creative treat, Penny? Why are your paintings so cheap? What's your painting level now, anyhow?
Penny: I do have the Creative trait and I'm Level 9 Painting, but I spend more time feeling confident than inspired.

Serena: Yes, I can see why you would feel confident about your fabulous artwork. *facepalms
And what's with that middle portrait?
Penny (defensively): I asked you to pose for me, not to stand in the sunlight! (But I decided to paint you anyway, hehehe...)

Current Status of the Zanna Household

Founder: Serena Zanna
*Completed requirements: None

*Incomplete requirements:
  Vampire Family aspiration: currently on Tier IV
  Portraits (2): not yet (arrgghhh!)
  Garden: Need death flower (have the other 5 plants already)
  Career: Scientist (Level 5)

Gen2 Heir: Massimo Zanna
Toddler skills:  L3 Communication, Imagination, Thinking; L2 Potty and Movement

Coming next: Week 2 chez Serena Zanna (2/4): More Massimo and, maybe, a museum

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: You're Hawt, Gnomesaying? (03/22)
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2017, 12:11:47 AM »
Okay, first of all, my favorite chapter title yet! Gnomesayin'? Bahaha!

Second, how did Don't Wake the Llama work for you? I'm very curious.

Poor Daichi! You've spoiled the Watchette and now she actually complains when you don't autonomously clean. You've done so much work for every family in this challenge, and it's still not enough. Now mind control! Watchette is lucky you seem to be some kind of sim saint. :)

I'm sorry to argue with Serena, but I think Lilith's garden-themed pickup line was A-plus! As was her decision to give up on trait-learning after the first one and go straight for swimwear. I'd like to give Wyatt a warm welcome to the family. Not sure which one, or when, but welcome aboard Wyatt! Nice to meet you! And Lilith, notwithstanding your excellent conversational skills, yes, you are the Candy Behr of Zanna house. Get used to it.

Oh, Diego. Too popular for his own good. He's gone and charmed himself out of a spouse-ship. What can he do? Everybody wants some Lobo. :)

Poor Sergio, too! He looks so eager. He even dressed up in vampire-y colors for you!

Such a bummer about the gap in household funds! And the painting values! I have to say, though, the portrait of Serena cowering in the sunlight is pretty priceless in its own way. :)

*bounces up and down in anticipation of Massimo's birthday*

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2017, 07:34:16 AM »
gnomesayin!  gnomesayin.  Wiggity wiggity wack. 
K I'll stop.

That shot of everyone sitting around the table having a good time with poor Daichi in the back, mopping away!  Makes me sad!
Of course, then I laughed at the description of Serena hiding in the bathroom at the park.  I love her dictating Caleb and Lilith from this haughty position.
That IS a fine gardener though.  I'm surprised he's so young!  Hey, Caleb, you can't be acting like that trip to the park was a waste after a find like that guy.

I love how you're stepping in with Don to change the course things have naturally taken between the two.
Surprised about Diego, but I'm excited about the gardener, too.  Sergio is so cute.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2017, 09:31:07 AM »
Best chapter title ever! And I rather like that middle portrait - anybody can paint somebody looking completely normal, but that one stands out from the crowd, you know?

*cheers on Massimo and Paola and their skilling*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Up in Smoke
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
    I'm glad you enjoyed the title. Sorry to say that I didn't make up "Gnomesayin." I only found it while cruising garden gnome sites for literary inspiration, lol.
    I tried the DWtL table both with 3 other sims and a single sim.
Both times, I never saw any green plus signs and the friendship bars seemed to rise more slowly than if my sin just socialized.
It's great fun watching the sims play together (they make great faces), but I also worried about my sim feeling playful afterward.
    Daichi's turning into one of those robotic life forms who develop self-awareness! He's not always being so strictly monitored--sometimes he just reads or plays guitar.
    Hahaha, no worries about Diego. I just think it won't do for him to be "over-used," especially since you'll be starting your RDC soon! If not for the moolah that premade households bring with them, I actually prefer to find and play random townies.
    Both Serena and Lilith thank you for supporting tacky garden-themed pick-up lines and swimwear peeks. Serena was forced to take the moral high ground to protect the watcher from appearing as if she approved of Lilith's interactions with the gardener. Wow, that was a mouthful! Anyway, yeah, I'm excited about Wyatt even though I only know that he's ambitious, lol.
    You know, while I was looking for a name for Massimo's sister, I realized that Sergio Romeo is an Italian name. Maybe he would fit in with the Zannas. I need to consider who all will be going with which household again because…tragedy.
    That portrait of Serena cringing in the sunlight is hilarious!!! The ban on vampires' buying reward traits really hurts the value of their products. On the other hand, non-vampire Penny has no excuse. I will really need a compelling reason to ever use Penny again in an RDC. I'm trying to level her Cooking/G. Cooking skills now but she's constantly Confident instead of Inspired, so she's slllllloooooowwwww. Grrrr.

@wfgodot
    Awwww, don't feel bad for Daichi! Caleb and Lilith were also busy working but you couldn't see them.
And Serena's aspiration required that she became good friends with 5 offspring, so that game was more work than fun for her, hehe.
    Lol, unlike Caleb and Lilith, Serena doesn't have sunlight resistance so she needs to stay indoors if they go out during the day.
    I'm glad you like that Serena and Don aren't enemies anymore. In fact, in that first shot where they're standing back to back, I thought they make a fine-looking couple.
Serena's a firecracker but she's not mean. Unlike Selene of my first attempt, Serena climbed to the top vampire rank without a single duel (which is a mean interaction).
   It's only four generations per bloodline so they need 4 spouses each. I'm thinking 2 male and 2 female spouses. Yes, Sergio's also became a possible vampire option… *weeps

@Alex
Yes, I like that middle portrait as well. Serena unexpectedly cringed at the last minute, haha. Massimo and Paolo appreciate your support. Lia could use some, too!

2.21  Serena Zanna (Part II): Up in Smoke

Week 2/Sunday

Serena: After I'm done training with Count Vlad, who do I see strolling down our street but my favorite offspring?
Jung: How are you doing this fine night, Serena?

Serena: You know that you're my very favorite vampire after my husband Caleb, right? So…how would you like to marry the Gen3 Zanna heir?
Jung: Erm, Gen3 heir? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your son still a toddler?

Serena: One can never start the spouse hunt too early!
Hear, hear!

Caleb: Well, well, well! Moira Fyres comes all the way over here from Windenburg!*vampiricly runs over to Moira
Moira: Oh, hello, Caleb! Fancy meeting you here! I'm just taking a walk…
Caleb: …right behind my house! A coincidence? I think not!

Caleb: Moira and I are soon friends, so I convince her to step down as the leader of Garden Gnomes.

Caleb: This club is officially a Zanna asset! *smirks victoriously
Moira: Hmmmph! I'm outta here!

Jung: You've been a bad, bad vampire, Serena! I'll need to give you a spanking!

Serena: He's joking! We're in the middle of a friendly vampiric spar, that's all!

Serena: Did I mention that Jung has two roomies all with the same family name of Storey?
One of them is that redhead Sara Storey, who's glaring at Jung..

Yukio tells me that when Bradly Storey moved into his house, he was only acquaintances with his three former roomies.
I hope it's the same case with Jung, because Yukio says Sara's a real loser. Nothing must stand in the way of Jung becoming my grandson!!!

What impeccable timing? Just as Jung and I become good friends, my offspring Leticia walks by!
You are looking simply ravishing tonight, Leticia dear! *starts spamming her with Friendly socials

Monday

Lilith: In the middle of the night, we grunts busily preparie the garden for grafting alien plants!
Daichi: When exactly will you obtain those alien plants?

Caleb: Let's not wait until Serena can invent an upgraded wormhole generator. Let's build a rocket ship.
Lilith: Let's do it!
Caleb: Actually, I'm busy working on my handiness, so you and Daichi can go build it.

Lilith: I recruit Jung who's on his way home and the three of us starting building.
You know what? I was born to lead, not to follow!

Serena: By morning, the adorable Morgan Fyres becomes my fifth good friend.
I'd been thinking to marry Massimo to that Grand Master Kyra Gupta, but Morgan is just so lovely!
And check out my Vampire Rank bar! I'll be a Grand Master any day now!

Paola: It's so rare for your mother to be reading to us, Massimo!
Massimo: I know, right! She's always busy doing her "founder things," Papa says.

Serena: Today's your birthday, Paola. You need to go finish leveling your Thinking, little girl!
Go walk around and watch everybody!

Lilith: After Daichi, Jung, and I finish building the rocket, I try asking Jung to leave because it's getting light out.
He's a fledgling vampire with no sun resistance, so he needs to get out of the sun!
I'm informed that he's already leaving, so Daichi and I return downstairs to tend the garden.
Suddenly, I hear him screaming and run out to see him burning up in front of the rocket.

After a while, Grim comes and reaps him soul. Then Grim just stands there staring at the gravestone, so I return to upgrading.
I was too panicked to capture a shot of Jung burning up. So very sad!

Lilith: Good afternoon, Grim. I'd like to know why you won't help me upgrade our rocket ship?
Grim: It may not look like it to you, Lilith, but I'm actually on the clock.

Lilith: Well, what can we do about Jung? He was Serena's favorite offspring, you know!
Grim: Add his ghost to the household then revive him with Ambrosia! Stop bothering me, girl, and go read up on that on Carl's Guide!
Do I look like Information Central to you?

Serena: I can't believe Jung's gone! He was supposed to marry Massimo's child! What am I going to do now?

Well, I can finally harvest and plant an orchid this morning. We must try to bring Jung back!

Paola: All this time, I believed I would grow up and marry Massimo!
But this morning, I overhear the two nannies gossiping that Massimo might marry Morgan Fyres. Where does that leave me?

Penny: Serena has a guaranteed promotion today so, after she leaves for work, the rest of us head for the park.
My role in Jung's resurrection is to prepare the Ambrosia, so I buy two Gourmet Cooking skill books before we leave home.
I've also baked a birthday cake for Penny to bring with us.

Lilith: It's up to me to obtain an angelfish. All I'll do today is fish, fish, fish.

Penny: When we get Paola's birthday notice, I have some trouble helping her age up.
After moving the cake with its lit candles from the picnic table to an accent table, I finally succeed by placing the cake on the bar counter.
Happy birthday, little Paola! Congrats on earning the Top-Notch Toddler trait!

Paola: Since it's Monday, I start out with Whiz Kid.
Mr. Bheeda, would you please play chess with me?

Arun: What a beautiful little girl! I wonder what plans Serena has made for her!
I've been seeking far and wide a suitable match for my son Krishna…
No comment about Paola's future until her teen birthday!

Serena: I meet up with the household at the park after work.
To finish my aspiration, I engage in vampiric sparring first with a prime vampire then with Count Vlad.

Serena: I'm really close to Master Vampire rank now, so I ask Count Vlad to train me.
Of course, I could have asked Caleb or Lilith as well, but they are on important missions!

And being mentored makes me a Master Vampire!
I feel like I've been working on my requirements night and day. But the only one I've completed so far is my Vampire Family aspiration. *sighs

Lilith: I'm so frustrated! I spent all day today at Desert Bloom Park, without catching a single angelfish!
But Caleb catches two within 15 minutes of arriving in Willow Creek! Why couldn't I be the one to catch an angelfish?

Serena: You're so wonderful, Caleb! Let's go home so my orchid has time to grow!
And pray that Jung will come to visit us!

Tuesday

Daichi: You may think my life is good, seeing that I'm in such demand among the three families.
But even though they each claim they need me, I'm forever on the outside looking in.

What would happen, I wonder, if one of the families invited me to move in?
Would I lose all my skills? Would I lose the friendship of the other two families? Or am I just a tool for hire? *feels sad

Serena: As soon as we get Lia's birthday notice, I age her up immediately.
While Massimo has my olive skintone, Lia is pale like her father.

Caleb: The wishing well grants Serena a full promotion to Level 7 Scientist.
Her $5,000 offering puts a considerable dent, however, in our already meager funds.

Serena: I'm so sorry, darling, but would you please switch from Rocket Science back to Handiness?

Caleb: I pout and drag my feet a little so Serena doesn't guess how secretly overjoyed I am to be back at the woodworking table!

Penny: Dang, Caleb! For an aristocratic Italian vampire, you also have an incredibly geeky side!
Look at you, obsessing over that woodworking table like some nerd!

Caleb: Oh please, girl! When you look as good as I do, everything I do is fabulous!
By the way, Penny, how you doing with the Ambrosia?
Penny: I have Level 9 Cooking and Level 6 Gourmet Cooking. I'm getting there!!!

Caleb: Didn't you start at Level 7 Cooking?
Penny: And your point is...?

I love this shot! Caleb is so adorably proud of his woodworking skillz, lol!

Author's Note

I'm heartbroken that I didn't make sure that Jung left safely. I hadn't imagined that he would stand there in the sun for another hour.
The rules allow the use of ambrosia to bring back a spare/helper, so I'm hoping he'll visit so he can be moved into the house.

As a result, the household has shifted from prioritizing money-making and Sixam plants over to preparing Ambrosia.
What are the chances that a sim who never lived with my sims will visit? I'm so gutted!

*Completed requirements:
  Vampire Family aspiration

Portraits (2): *sighs
  Career: Scientist (Level 7)

Toddler skills:  L3 Potty;  L4 everything else

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2017, 10:00:58 AM »
Throw a dance party! Ghosts appear on invite lists for those. That's the way I get stubborn ghosts to show up when I need them. For some reason, ghosts love to dance. :)

R.I.P. Jung. Or rather, don't rest in peace, get up and shake your ghost booty!

Okay, I'm coming back to modify this because I've calmed down and I realize you probably already knew about the dance party thing, and I wanted to write a regular comment. :)

I'm bummed Don't Wake the Llama didn't work out for you. I wonder why it did for me. That save is incredibly large and bloated, though, so it does all kinds of weird things.

I enjoyed Caleb tricking Lilith into building the rocket ship for him, and also his deep satisfaction with woodworking. Lucky fella!

The spanking shot is hilarious. Oh, and congrats to Serena on completing her aspiration!

Paola is a very cute child. I'm excited to see how she'll look as a teen.

Daichi looks positively brooding at the dollhouse, contemplating the meaning of his own existence. I love his new self-awareness, but chill out, man. You're a more useful nanny when you're happy-go-lucky! Maybe he needs to go clean something. ;)

I'm actually not planning to use Diego in my RDC, at least not at first. I love him, but it would be odd for me to play him as anything other than Morris's main squeeze. Poor guy. Typecast forever! At least in my game. :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Up in Smoke (03/23)
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2017, 07:07:55 PM »
Poor Logan Wolverine Jung!
And poor Paola!  She's a little cutie, but it looks like Massimo shares my weakness for redheads. 
Again, lovely updates!  So encouraged to go load up my game and play...though I need to check in on a couple other stories first...

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2017, 06:04:58 AM »
Noooooo!  Not Jung!  Why!  I liked him a lot!  *cries*
And Lilith just keeps on working!
The shot of him looking like he's spanking Serena IS funny though.  I'm glad bringing him back is actually an option in this challenge.

Krishna and Paola??

Poor Daichi!  Maybe you can duplicate your file and try it out?  You obviously like him a lot!   Would he continue helping the other families if he lived in one?
LOL, Caleb, hiding his joy about the woodworking table :)  Not sure what he's going to do about it now after the patch!  He can always get hooked on washing his hands though.
Mine like to get glasses of water, too.  Caleb's posing makes me think of Luke :)  And Cam.  I guess Matt does that too.  Arrogant bunch of fellas.

I'm very happy with Francesca's comment about the Dance Party.  I had no idea about that.  I have a sim I missed saving to my library before he died (Douglas Daily), and I want him back, so now I'll give that a shot. 
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2017, 06:00:26 PM »
*cheers for Lia as well* Grats on your top-notch Paola! I really like Krishna (it was the shot of him dancing on the patio that did it), so I reckon she could do a lot worse, even if he isn't an heir :)

Oh, Caleb - I love his proud, happy face. (But why does woodworking pride necessitate that tightly clenched fist? Sims are weird.)

Poor Jung! But great that you're allowed to bring him back - I hate it when helpers die. Might be a daft question but do you actually need to ambrosia him, or could you keep him around as a playable ghost and save yourself the angelfish collecting and gourmet cooking?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Gathering Moss (03/25)
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2017, 06:11:48 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
Once again, you've come to my rescue! I was so utterly depressed until I read your comment! I had no idea about the dance party because, as you might have noticed, I never play ghosts. You'll soon see how the Jung scenario works out.
I'm not exactly sure whether Don't Wake the Llama was working for me or not; it just wasn't working fast enough since I only have a week at a time with each household.
Alas, I have been unable to duplicate that spanking shot, erm, not that I've tried…
I have no idea what's going on with Daichi lately--he's turned into a bit of a slacker these days. But my game's been weird. When I saved earlier, there were 3 nannies on my lot.
A thousand thank you's for helping out a sister with Jung!

@PeregrineTook
Lol, you and your redheads, Pippin! What I personally want for Massimo is whoever might possibly produce the best heir. I like Morgan's traits but Paola will have better skillz and Kyra Gupta is already a Grand Master (maybe she can be a helper?).
And it seems you're enjoying Sims 4. I'm really so happy about that! What would the world do without your Sims 4 restaurants?

@wfgodot
I've never resurrected a ghost before. Also, I've never played with a ghost as a household member, much less a ghostly vampire. Oops, spoiler!  LOL *clamps mouth
I'm waiting until all the spares/helpers are teens before deciding what to do. Well, except I feel Megumi & Braddon have to happen because of the way Braddon always watches her.
The woodworking table's in a locked room accessible only to Caleb. He doesn't seem as excited about it now after making dozens of camping mascots every day, lol.
None of my sims wash their hands, though, cuz there aren't any sinks in any of the houses (I even delete them from the bathrooms of gallery restaurants).
Our favorite duo seems to be engaging in mutual stalking lately, as you'll see in this update.

@Alex
I'm so eager to see what all the kids look like as teens but, sadly, I can only age up the heirs early (for now). Personally, I think spares/helpers like Krishna lead okay lives. Despite being dynasty slaves (lol), helpers don't have all the requirements so they can relax a bit. I believe toddler Krishna spent the last two days before his birthday either dancing or sleeping, haha.
As for why I'm not keeping Jung as a ghost: I'd hoped Jung would become the spouse of Massimo's daughter (yeah, planning ahead a little), but he can't be a ghost or they can't produce an heir.
The household's finished the fishing and cooking requirements in the last update. They're just waiting on a death flower. Got my fingers crossed everything will work out.

2.22  Serena Zanna (3/4): Gathering Moss

Week 2/Tuesday

Massimo: Do you have to take a shot of me on the potty? A little privacy, please?

Caleb: Two hours before Serena's work shift, I reach Level 7 Handiness.
Massimo and I are off to Granite Falls before Serena leaves for work!

After phoning to reserve the campground, Serena and Penny insist on coming with me, though I didn't invite them
On the fourth attempt to leave without them, I give up. They can be sent home once we arrive there.

But when I try to send those two home, they just turn invisible and won't leave.
I've wasted too much time with all the phone calls and trying to look for Serena and Penny.
Time to get down to business, while Massimo enjoys wandering around.

Caleb: I'm impressed, Penny! You maxed both cooking skills by 3 p.m.!
Penny: Yep, I even managed to pull out of my Confident mode, too!
And now it's time for me to get back to painting! I want my Paolo to live in a larger house, know what I'm saying?
I'm taking back what I said about Penny! She finished off those two skills like a boss!

Caleb: Sis, I don't understand why it takes you so long to max out your Logic.
You've been sitting there for six hours now and your Logic only crawled up 45 points, even after an amygdelight!

Lilith: Hmmph! Well, I can't buy all those fancy reward traits like Penny! Also, I deserve to be in more screenshots, you know?
Caleb: Just a sec, I'll see what I can do…

Lilith: You know this isn't what I meant!
Caleb: Oh c'mon, sis. Be a sport! It's for the good of our dynasty!
Lilith: Then why didn't you feed yourself to the cowplant instead?
Caleb:You need for me to spell it out? I make $4,500 every 2 hours with my mascots. Meanwhile, you've been sitting at the chess table earning…nada.

Serena: Caleb had phoned me at work this afternoon to say my orchid plant is ready for grafting.
As soon as I get home, I straight head for the pomegranate tree to take a cutting.

I wonder how long I'll need to wait for a death flower? I must remember to stay on the lot so my spliced orchid plant can flower sooner!

Caleb: Thanks for reading to the kids, Lilith.
When you sit next to Lia, she looks like she mostly takes after Vatore side of the family!

Serena: Hey, thanks for helping me invent this wormhole generator!
And just think, when I'm at the top of my career, we can upgrade it and the whole family can visit Sixam together!

Daichi: By 11:30 pm, Massimo has maxed his Potty, Thinking, and Communication skills.
Serena: Yeah, he's officially allowed to age up early now, but we're going for Top-Notch Toddler.

Wednesday

Serena: I'm super impatient about trying out FrancescaFiori's advice about throwing a dance party.
I choose The Slate in Forgotten Hollow as our venue and there's Jung!

Even Wyatt Patrick (the redhead in the aloha shirt), who'd never come over when invited, shows up for the dance party.

Surprisingly, Jung leaves while I'm checking on the rest of the household.
So, I throw another dance party, this time at Narwhal Arms in Windenburg.

Serena:  Hey, how's my favorite offspring doing? It's so great to see you! Wanna join our two clubs?
Jung: Are you kidding? I'd love to! *squees
Serena: And you know what? If you'd give me an Ask to Move in option, I'd even let you spank me again!

Wyatt: Dude, have you even heard anything I've said to you?
Caleb (mutters): Why does Jung get to spank her? She never lets me spank her!
Wyatt: Hello!? Earth to Caleb?

Lilith: First, I have to play chess in the plaza at Forgotten Hollow while everyone's getting their drink on at The Slate.
Now, I'm over here at a park  while everyone else is off partying at Narwhal Arms.

You can do this, Lilith! Your Logic level is currently 9.90!!! Just a little more!
Lilith: Then what? Gardening, Rocket Science, and mentoring Massimo?
*tiptoes away quietly...

Jung: Wow, I never expected to become BFFs with you, Serena!
Caleb (mutters): Get over yourself, dude, it's just temporary! Then I'm resuming my BFF status with Serena. Grrrr.

Serena: It took longer than I'd expected to max our friendship, Jung, but we all  really want you to move in!
Caleb (mutters): Yeah, especially the future, unborn Gen3 heir!

Jung: I'd be honored to become a member of the Zanna household!
Serena: Just you wait, Jung! Once we have a death flower to harvest, you'll be as good as new!

Lia: Everyone's excited about Massimo ageing up and Jung joining our household.
But what about me? I could really use some attention over here!!!

Caleb: I must confess: it's nice having Jung around. And he takes care of the garden, too!

Daichi also gardens, but he keeps what he harvests for himself.
I'm pretty sure he nicked Serena's first orchid, which is why she waited so long for an orchid to plant!

Caleb: Oh, how the mighty have fallen!  Look at Daichi slacking off in the corner of the basement with Nanny Scruggs!

In Week 1, he was a fab Neat sim who cleaned autonomously. In Week 2, he's just a run-of-the-mill Neat sim who only complains about filth.

The game seems to be as confused about Daichi's status as Daichi himself. Notice that the Zannas have two nannies at the same time?

Massimo: I'm so close to being a Top-Notch Toddler now! Only Imagination and Movement left!
When I look to see who I can ask to read me a story, that green guy pops up.
Wow, where is he? Oh, there he is! He's at the opposite corner of our neighborhood!

Mister, would you read me this book, please?

I was really surprised that Massimo ran all the way to where Moss is standing, scurrying along on his little legs across the length of the neighborhood!

Toddlers usually experience Stranger Danger around non-household sims who aren't nannies. But when Massimo and Moss first met, Massimo allowed Moss to pick him up.
It's almost as if they know each other from a previous lifetime. Oh wait, they do!

Caleb: Massimo runs home from wherever he'd been, briefly looks at a book, and becomes a Top-Notch Toddler just before 10 pm.
I have to move the cake to several different surfaces before I can help him age up, but success at last!

Serena: Of course, with my superior looks, our Massimo ages up into a gorgeous little boy.
Ladies, he won't be a child for long. My advice is to go ahead and change your door locks now.

Massimo: I'm a Rambunctious Scamp, so Papa takes us all to Desert Bloom Park where I can play on the space gym.

Thursday

Massimo: It's past midnight but we're staying a little longer for Uncle Jung who's sparring.
To pass the time, I play some chess while Auntie Lilith mentors me.

Lilith: Well, that's extremely suspicious! Do you notice that Jung doesn't spank just anybody?
Jung: Excuse me? I am, of course, a very discriminating spanker!

And Jung's quip marks the end of the spanking jokes…
As for reviving Jung, we're waiting for the spliced orchid/pomegranate plant to flower.

*Completed requirements:
  Vampire Family aspiration: done

Portraits (2): not yet
  Career: Scientist (Level 8 )

Toddler skills:  Maxed all 5 skills (Top-Notch Toddler)
Child aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp (Tier II)

Coming next: Massimo's Teen Birthday, yep

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Gathering Moss (03/25)
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2017, 08:18:41 AM »
Ah yes, I remember the lone sink walled off in the basement prison.  Poor thing.
I just saved a copy file and resurrected all the people I'd loved and missed saving in my dynasty.  Had to kick everyone out of the household to do it, got the ghosts to move in, and then cheated the wishing well into bringing them back to life.  Whereby I saved them gleefully and then deleted that file.  Douglas Dailey, you're mine once more.  And the Holiday offspring that I never picked up.  I'm really thankful for the ghost/dance party tip.  @FrancescaFiori
I'll have to do it again with Luke throwing the party to see if I can snag his old friend Jayleen Ashby.

Anyway, YOUR story!  Give the wishing well a shot now that he's part of the household?  Guess you need the flower anyway though.

Only in the sims is it not only totally okay, but also beneficial, for a toddler to roam the woods alone.

Oh oshizu!!!!  LOL.  You killed me!  First thing in the morning with my coffee!   Between Serena offering to let Jung spank her, and Caleb's reaction to it!  And the look on Wyatt's face, haha
Ah, how easily Daichi is shoved aside with Jung's arrival :)

I totally adore Moss coming and reading to Massimo - and Massimo running to him!  Aww!  No stranger danger!  It's meant to be!

Need that collage showing Massimo 1 and Massimo 2!

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Gathering Moss (03/25)
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2017, 10:01:59 AM »
Oh, Lilith.  The challenges of just being a support Sim.
Caleb's jealousy of Jung was charming and delightful!
Little Massimo is growing up quite nicely and taking after my girl Serena.  That's awesome!

anything