Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179211 times)

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Gathering Moss (03/25)
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2017, 04:42:45 PM »
Poor, poor Lilith. Being a helper sim must suck.

I love Moss reading to Massimo. Is it perhaps that Stranger Danger only happens if the toddler interacts with the stranger directly, whereas setting up the interaction via the book overrides it? Or perhaps they're just that perfect for each other :D

Also, I've been meaning to ask: how do you get an at-home Invention Constructor?

I did some experimenting with the camping mascot statue, by the way - insane and childish sims are able to Talk To it to raise their social need, much like a (very expensive, and very large) stuffed animal.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Them There Eyes
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
@wfgodot
I'm glad you got a laugh with your morning coffee. Serena's willing to go the extra mile to get Jung back among the living!
I'm not sure what's going on with Daichi anymore. He's stopped cleaning entirely!
He's turned into a complete slacker unless one of the children ask him for help.
I was waiting for Massimo's teen birthday to show comparative shots…they look so different as teens!

@PeregrineTook
I must confess that the deadbeat spare/helper has become one of my stock characters, depending on how they behave.  I write Lilith as if she's always whining and complaining about her lot in life, because she's always dropping her queue to chat with Caleb or, more recently, Daichi. On the other hand, Jesminder and Arun usually stay on task so I portray them as happy, even willing, helpers.
Lilith always wants to be doing anything that I didn’t ask her to do, if that makes sense. She's not a good caregiver, either. Honestly, I should have made her the camping mascot mill.

@Alex
Haha, it's not being one of my helper sims that's bad. It's being a helper sim that I no longer appreciate that sucks. *coughs
If there's a scientist in your household, the invention constructor can bought for $3,000 in Buy Mode. It's under Misc. Electronics but I just use do a search with the keywords "Invention Constructor."
That's too funny about the Mascot Statue. I wonder if that means toddlers can interact with it, too.

2.23  Serena Zanna (Part IV): Them There Eyes

Week 2/Thursday

Caleb: After Serena leaves for work, we're back at our favorite park!
I'm collecting then I'll work on the rocket ship.
Lilith: I, of course have the most delectable task as always.
Caleb: Hey, sis, you need to repair/upgrade 5 objects to complete Nerd Brain. You just need two more!

Caleb: We park Jung in the room to study Vampire Lore, since he has no sunlight resistance.
And Lia walks from one household member to another, watching.

Massimo: Why are you reading out here, Uncle Jung? You're burning up?
Jung: I'm already a ghost, so I can't die again, can I?
Who knows, but let's just chain him to the bar to practice mixing drinks. He looks happier now!

Massimo: Yours truly on the monkey bars, skilling Motor like a boss!

Massimo: When I play chess for a while with Auntie Lilith mentoring, I'm joined by a sim I'd never met before.
Also, I don't know why I'm bothering to switch to Whiz Kid! It's not like I can buy reward traits, anyway!

Massimo: You know, I almost forgot to mention who showed up to play chess with me Wednesday night!
He sure shows up a lot!

Penny: Today, Serena and I both bring home promotions and I receive a Deluxe All-Seasons Easel.
After replacing my old easels, I launch a final (I hope) series of Serena's portraits for the museum.
You know, I wonder if I'd do better if I had a different painting space…

Paola: Since Massimo is working on Rambunctious Scamp, I take over the League of Adventurers, which gives a Motor boost.
I hear Auntie Serena's choice for his wife is Morgan Fyres, but I'm not giving up! Fighting!

Daichi: So, let me get this straight…when the other nannies follow Caleb around to chat, like you two are doing to me, they get fired on the grounds of harassment.
But when you two do it to me, it's called…?
Serena: Personnel management, dahling!
I'm trying to keep Serena from maxing any skills, so she gravitates toward Daichi and Jung, since Caleb's busy with mascots or rocket ship upgrades.

Serena: I was so excited about finishing Vampire Family then realized that one more Vampire Rank remains.
Back to dueling…and looking good in my dark form!

Luckily, we can duel indoors since I still don' have full sunlight resistance like Caleb and Lilith!
If you're gonna rubberneck, Daichi, couldn't you at least wave a Team Serena banner?

Friday

Massimo: I just finished Rambunctious Scamp at, get this, 7:58 am!
So this will be my first and last day of grade school.

Lia (to no one in particular): I'm scared!
Jung: Awwww, let me comfort you, little Lia!

How funny that Lia allows the ghost who scared her to also comfort her.
If you're wondering why she shows an Asleep moodlet, it's because I clipped that image later when I realized what had happened.

Jung: With fear and trepidation, I ask the Wishing Well for life, but only get a Potion of Youth.
Oh please, we're all rolling in unused satisfaction points!

Massimo: I come home from grade school with a B grade.
Everyone's busy, so I just age up by myself. I don't wanna wait for Mama to come home from work, either!

Massimo: Jung and I drink Sunlight Reversal Cocktails so we can head out to the Spice Festival.
And no, of course, I'm not showing you my face yet! No makeover for me until Mama's off work!

Massimo: No UFO plant, so we immediately leave for the Skye Fitness Gym. Did I tell you that I have the Bodybuilder aspiration?

When I'm playing basketball, I think this weirdo will join me but he only stares at my behind. What's his problem, anyway?

Serena: My Vampire Rank bar is moving at a crawl! Penny! Paola! Don't you two have anything better to do?

Massimo: I'm honestly worried to see that guy approach me with "dat look" in his eye.
He (his name's Paolo) turns out to be the gym trainer, so I ask him to mentor me.
I might have also joined his PowerHouse club for the fitness boost.
Oh, and he's my newest good friend, too!

Saturday

Jung: After Massimo leaves for work, I ask the Wishing Well for life once more.
This time, I receive a Deathflower. Now this I can use!

Initially, since Penny can already prepare Ambrosia, I planned revive Jung as soon as night arrived.
But I'm afraid he'll kill himself while I'm with the other households, so I'm waiting for Week 3 to revive him.

Caleb: Massimo has huge eyes, which seem even larger than his mother's.
His nose, lips, and jawline seem to resemble mine. To be honest, I was hoping he'd look more like me...

Caleb: Now that Massimo's a teen, here's some portraits comparing my two sons. Well, what do you think?
The upper shot is Massimo Zanna, the lower shot is Massimo Sciarri.

Week 2 Status of the Zanna Household

Founder: Serena Zanna
*Completed requirements:
  Vampire Family aspiration
  Portraits (2): yes ($8,327 and $6,219)

*Incomplete requirements:
  Garden: Missing death flower
  Career: Scientist (Level 9)
  Two tier-5 vampire powers

Gen2 Heir: Massimo Zanna
*Completed move-out requirements
  Toddler skills:  Maxed all skills (Top-Notch Toddler)
  Childhood aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp
  Teen career: Manual Labor (Level 3)
  Good Friends: Serena Zanna; Daichi Yoshida, Paolo Rocca, Imane Al Fassi

*Incomplete move-out requirements
  Portraits (2): *sighs
  Aspiration: Bodybuilder (Tier IV)
  Skills (2): Fitness (Level 10) and ?? (Level 0)
  Enemies: (Daniela Dinero and Yukio Soma)
  Collection (7):

Week 2 Status of All Bloodlines

Everyone seems to be more or less neck-to-neck at this point.

Author's Notes

Chapter Title: The chapter title is the name of a song sung by Billie Holiday (not Billy). If you haven't heard it before, you can listen to it here.
(Lyrics from the song: They sparkle, they bubble, they're gonna get you in a whole lotta trouble!)

Break: I'm taking a little break from this story to start a sparkly, new challenge. More about that challenge in a few days…

Coming next: Week 3 with Daniela Dinero

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Them There Eyes (03/26)
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2017, 11:20:20 PM »
So much awesome happening here and a new challenge starting soon?!?  Outstanding!
Jung as both terror and comfort to poor Lia was rather amusing.
Serena looks awesome all the time, though I was particularly enjoying her dark form in this update.  She's just so hard core!!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2017, 07:01:48 AM »
Ha!  I was gonna say, I'm surprised it even matters for Jung to stay inside?  But then you went and fixed that.  He does look happier!

And how could you almost forget the most important part - the part about Moss coming!

That shot of Daichi staring at Serena is SO funny!  His pose and his expression x)
I'm glad you tried the wishing well!  Does it matter what mood the sim is in?  I admit.  I bought that stuff pack solely so I could bring my ghosts back to life.  I said... I am NOT making 10+ plates of ambrosia.
So I used cheats to do it and all my ghosts were in perfect, wonderful moods.  Every one of them got it on the first try.  Does that matter? 

Holy moly, Massimo sure looks like himself!  I'm surprised.  I thought the original Massimo was really unique looking and I didn't think they'd be so similar this time around.
This version is a tiny bit cuter though!
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2017, 01:06:52 PM »
Thanks for the tip about the invention constructors - I could've sworn I'd tried searching for them, but apparently not.

Did I already say that I love your fancy screenshot collages? Because I do :)

Oooh, Massimo 2.0 looks remarkably like Massimo 1.0, doesn't he? And I think he's now big enough to ship him with Moss without it being particularly creepy!

(Oh, and sadly toddlers can't talk to the mascot statue. Children can though.)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »
Oh, dear! We finally get Mossimo back up to flirting age and you're deserting us for another challenge? If I weren't so excited, I'd be depressed. :)

I have to admit I think I preferred Massimo Uno's sinister squint, but Massimo Due has a lovely, doe-eyed innocence about him that I think I will come to appreciate just as much. Especially if he keeps playing basketball in his Daisy Dukes. ;) Plus his shirt reminds me of my favorite Mori.

Serena is such saucy fun, luring Jung into the household with promises of spanking, and she absolutely kills in her dark form.

I love Jung in the household. His glowing ghost form is really neat, and he's so funny, startling and then comforting toddler Lia. Awwww. I'll almost be a little sad when he's brought back to life.

Massimo has excellent taste in his chess opponents. First Bradley, then our beloved Moss. Way to go, little genius!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Portraits Are a Pain!
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2017, 03:56:46 AM »
@PeregrineTook
I hope you'll skim through a few chapters of my Murkland challenge as well. It's absurdly fun! The first chapter is very slow but it gets weirder and weirder.
Jung is my first ever ghostly household member. But I like that I can cancel Jung's Possess action in advance, hehe.
I love Serena but I'm thinking her hubby needs a wake-up call of some sorts.

@wfgodot
It's weird that Jung seemed to be burning up since he's already dead, but he does get an Uncomfortable moodlet so there's that.
About the wishing well, I thought what matters most is the mood of the wishing well?
I'm going to experiment on my dynasty challenge file, though, LOL.
It's hard to say yet about Massimo, since he hasn't really had much of a chance to hang out on his own. Massimo 1 used to do this adorable look where he'd tilt his head back a little. I hope Massimo 2 starts doing it, too.

@Alex
Thanks for the compliment about my collages.
I really went overboard for that last update--close to half of the screenshots were collages because I couldn't bear to leave out any images.
Thank you for patiently waiting to ship Moss and Massimo, haha. I wonder how they'll react to each other this time around.

@FrancescaFiori
Yes, I've finally crawled back from Murkland to this Rival Dynasties Challenge, lol.
After Massimo's teen birthday, I micro-managed him intensely to get the most out of Friday and Saturday, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he acts and looks when left to his own devices.

My founders get so busy with their requirements that they don't put aside enough time for their marriages, I've concluded. I need to fix that in the days to come.
As for reviving Jung, he needs to be alive to procreate! I need to expedite his rise through the Vampire Ranks, though, because he loves staying outdoors. Grrrr.

I like to think that Bradly and Moss both came to the park seeking Massimo out.
Why else would Moss come to the park so late at night…and alone?

3.24 Daniela Dinero (Part I): Portraits Are a Pain!

Week 3/Sunday

Moss: As soon as Watchette returns to our home, the whole household leaps into action.
I start posing for Mama and Auntie Jessminder for my museum portrait.
Also, I paint toward my Painter Extraordinaire aspiration.

Papa writes and gardens, Uncle Arun builds and upgrades a rocket ship, and Krishna does what he does.

Daniela: Jessminder and I are both Level 10 painters using the best easel there is.
Still, it takes us forever to produce one acceptable portrait of Moss.

Moss: By Sunday morning, they've painted 22 portraits.
Auntie Jessminder's portraits are hanging on the left, with Mama's on the right.
The arrow points to Mama's portrait with the highest value.

Moss: I've been painting all morning for my museum collection. Only one more painting to go!

I take a break to do a little gardening and a little digging.
When I eventually move, I don't want to arrive on my new lot empty-handed!

Daniela: As for Daichi, he doesn't even pretend to be helpful anymore.
He's been sitting there in the hookah lounge since early morning.

Hold on Daichi! Moss will be needing your mentoring shortly!

Monday

My first day of high school! I wonder who I'll meet today! Hopefully, it will be my last school day!

Daniela: Salim, Jessminder, and I have the day off so we plan a trip to Desert Bloom Park.
On the way, we pay a visit to the Soma residence.
I've been wanting to chat with Yukio and meet Braddon Storey.

Daniela: I take little Braddon with us to the park, so I can get to know him better.
If I only I knew what his skill levels were! He's so adorable!

To my surprise, Don Lothario suddenly shows up and scoops Braddon into his arms.
Before I could even protest, Don crosses the street and leaves the park, taking Braddon with him.
What was that about?

Daniela: Moss hasn't mentioned anything about a love interest, so I keep my eyes open.
I meet this attractive young adult today, Kyra Anand.
All I can find out about her is that she's a foodie. I can't help but wonder if she's an alien…
Moss later also learns that she's unemployed.

Daniela: I like this young lady, Aaradhyna Kumar, even more.
I learn that she's good, loves the outdoors, and is unemployed. Is she too good to be true?

Moss: I bring home an A grade today, which means I'll be taking the next 3 days off!
When I arrive at Desert Bloom Park, I spot one of the other founders, Yukio Soma.

I start out with a Rude Introduction and it just gets worse from there!

Yukio: Grrrr, I can't believe I comped this jerk's lunch last week!
Next time, I might not let you into my restaurant, you rude, ignorant excuse for a sim!

Moss: Yeah, that's why I'm picking a fight with you instead of your daughter. Nya nya nya!
And by the way, your sister-in-law can't dance!
Yukio: I'd say that was a low blow but, to be honest, I don't really care!

Moss: Oh, just shut up already! I'm declaring you my enemy!

Moss: I was super angry for a while after fighting with Yukio, but then I meet Aaradhya.
She's good, clumsy, and loves the outdoors.

Our whole household gets stuck at the park because of a vampire break-in.
I take advantage of that time to become good friends with Aaradhya.
Hey, I wonder if Mama bothered to ask Aaradhya if she's single…

Wednesday

Daniela: I'm really hoping that today will be my last day of work.
These boots that come with my career uniform are so incredibly ugly!
And does this top have shoulder pads or something?

You can probably figure out by my new career uniform that I maxed Master of the Real.
After all my hard work, this uniform's rather a letdown.
But I guess it's still better than other versions I've seen!

And, I've completed all my requirements as the founder of my bloodline!

Oh look, there's Caleb!

Hey, girl!
Hey, Caleb!
Arrggh, no! Why did you have to get up and go talk to him! Go talk to that kid by the pirate gym!

(You may recall, dear readers, that Yukio saw Caleb and Daniela chatting alone together during Week 2 in his neighborhood)

After Daniela leaves to go talk to the child, I notice a black blur as Caleb vampiricly-runs after her.
I don't know when or how these became friends, but Caleb likes her company, I guess.
And Daniela? She doesn't seem to mind at all. *facepalms

Hey, you two, what the heck do you think you're up to?
The upcoming drama involves Moss and Massimo, NOT Moss's mom and Massimo's dad! Sheesh!

Moss: Looks like I need to move out asap, before things get too weird around here!  *rolls eyes
After school, I submit my portrait and my collection of seven paintings to the Dinero Museum.

To move out, I need two unique skills maxed, one more good friend, and another enemy.

I really want to be done with my good friend and enemy requirements!
But Papa's taking the day off today to mentor me in writing, so that's how I'm spending the day.

I'm definitely going to move out this week, though!
When I do, who shall I ask to move in with me? Krishna, for sure!

Current Status: Dinero Line

Founder: Daniela Dinero
*Completed Requirements
   Reward traits: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree, Frugal
   Portrait: Yes ($9,362)
   Mansion Baron: done
   Gold-medal parties: Dinner party, House party, and Incognito Party
   Career: Master of the Real (Level 10)

Gen2 Heir: Moss Dinero
*Completed Move-Out Requirements
  Toddler skills: Top-Notch Toddler
  Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy
  Teen Job: Fast Food Employee (Level 3)
  Portrait: yes ($9,514)
  Unique Aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire (done)
  A in High School: yes
  Collection: 7 paintings ($38,928)

*Incomplete Move-Out Requirements
  Unique Skills: Writing (Level 4) and Violin (Level 2)
  Good Friends: Daniela Dinero; Daichi Yoshida, Aaradhya Kumar, and (need one more)
  Enemies: Yukio Soma and (need 1 more)

Thank you for reading!

Coming next: Mostly Moss skilling…

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Portraits Are a Pain! (04/02)
« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2017, 10:26:14 AM »
Nice, I really like all the paintings of Ross, especially Jesminder's latest one (I assume the latest, it's the one showing in the photo above all the portraits put together).

Okay, it really makes me laugh about Don coming to scoop up Braddon, and then leaving with him.  He's a good dad after all!  At least Daniela got to enjoy Braddon for a little while.  I love her looking out for a love interest for Moss!  Typical mom :)

Moss's fight with Yukio was pretty entertaining.  I enjoyed Yukio's regret about comping the meal, and of course, Moss's response about his daughter.  Poor Candy though!

Oh, Daichi.  How the mighty have fallen.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Portraits Are a Pain! (04/02)
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2017, 11:05:15 AM »
Caleb had better not be cheating on my dear, sweet Serena!!
Of course, Daniella also commits borderline child abduction with poor little Braddon. 
Aarandhyna (I may not have spelled that correctly) is quite lovely!  I think she and Moss will have lovely nooboos!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Moss Gathers Momentum
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2017, 02:39:21 AM »
@wfgodot
The portrait that Moss chose to place in the  museum was painted by his mother, though Daniela and Jessminder were both painting portraits.
What a surprise that Don suddenly appeared out of nowhere then immediately ran off and out of the park. So strange, considering he never visits Braddon at home!
Lol, you know me by now! Candy is my Soma House scapegoat…and I'm still mad about her and Liberty Lee!
I complain about Daichi but, really, he is the weirdest, most entertaining sim!
Too bad he stopped cleaning autonomously, though. That's sad!

@PeregrineTook
(About Caleb and Daniela) I know, right? I'm still wondering about giving him a Draught of Reconfiguration and removing his Vampiric Allure powers, even though Massimo will be moving soon.
And he can't just hit on a random townie--it has to be one of the founders! Sheesh.
Nooo, not borderline abduction! Daniela asked Yukio who approved her taking Braddon with him.
Braddon needs to be good friends with someone in another bloodline!
I'm glad you like Aaradhya! I like the way she look and her traits as well!
And we don't care if she won't bring a fortune with her!

3.25 Daniela Dinero (Part II): Moss Gathers Momentum

Week 3/Wednesday

Krishna: Really, not much ever happens at our house, you know?
I mean, we don't run a fancy restaurant like the Somas.
And don't have all those cool teeth or supernatural powers like the Zannas.

These days, I've been worrying about what will become of me.
I've done all the aspirations except Social Butterfly and have Level 8 Logic.
But my birthday isn't for another nine days!  Nine whole days!

Krishna: Today is almost over! We've spent the day as we usually do.
After work this evening, Papa maxes Rocket Science. He's started installing a wormhole generator on the rocket ship.
Moss says he's going to be the first Dinero in outer space. Why can't my papa be first?

Arun: I'm dying to invent a wormhole generator, but I lack the materials. Watchette, would you please follow me to work tomorrow?
Sure! And you are certainly one fantastic helper, Mr. Versatility!
Both Candy Behr and Lilith Vatore could learn a lot from you and your positive 'tude!

Krishna: As you already know, Uncle Salim is helping Moss with his writing.

Moss: How long does it take to write one novel, anyway? I'm already L6 Writing but haven't finished a single book!

Salim: Patience, son, patience! *tries to offer an insightful axiom, but can't think of any

Krishna: Papa, why is Auntie Daniela learning Wellness now?
Arun: Well, certain skills have to be saved for her descendants to claim as unique.

Krishna: So, that means none of the Dinero heirs will be claiming Wellness?
Arun: Yes, that's right. And Wellness is a very useful skill, too!

Wellness also nails Daniela to the yoga mat, which saves time for her watcher.

Krishna: But why is Nanny Daichi mentoring Mama in guitar? Isn't Mama a mixologist?
Arun: Well, your mother will be a Level 9 Mixologist very soon.
Watchette is hoping that she'll learn the Snagglefluster recipe.
That's why she doesn't want Mama to earn any Charisma points.

Krishna: So learning guitar is like killing two birds with one stone?
Arun: Exactly, it keeps Mama in one place and prevents her from socializing with Daichi.
Krishna: Devious!

Thursday

Moss: Why am I learning Violin from you all of a sudden? What about Writing?
Daichi: Salim says you're already Level 9 Writing, so I thought you might want to get a head start on your 2nd skill.
Plus you'll earn more satisfaction points!

Moss: Wow, you're right! I have enough to buy my 4th reward trait now.
*buys the Frugal trait

You've done such a great job, Jessminder!
You paint, you cook, you mix drinks, and now you're a Level 5 Gardener!

Jessminder: Well, thanks, Watchette! I try my best, you know.

When Moss moves, he and I had planned to invite the Jangs to move in.
But he recently asked me if he could invite your family instead.

Jessminder: Isn't that just more dynasty slaving? Be honest, what's in it for me?

What if I told you that you'd be able to hold your grandchild in your arms?
There wouldn't be enough room in the house to move in your daughter-in-law.
Still, Krishna could have a child with a nice young lady from a good family. What do you think?

Jessminder: Sign us up! When are we moving?

Arun: How lucky is this? Today's Collection Day at the Lab!
All I'm missing to invent a Wormhole Generator is two uncommon crystals!

Bradly: Hey, Arun! Where have you been today?
Arun: Outside, digging for materials for the past five hours.

Hey, Arun! Now that you've got what you need, I'm going back to the house to see how Moss is doing.
Arun: Cool. See you in four more hours! *waves

Arun: Oh, you're back? Why did you return to the Lab?
While I was at the Dinero house, your work icon turned red and I was afraid you'd lose your promotion.
So I checked on everyone really quickly then came right back.

Don: Hello, gorgeous! What are you up to?

Bradly: I was just thinking about you, me, and this reception desk! *gives Don his best come-hither look

Bradly: Shouldn't you be working since this is our, you know, workplace?
Don: Well, I want to ask you about something that happened yesterday.
Bradly: So?

Don: While jogging at Desert Bloom Park, I saw Braddon alone there.
He was with a strange green lady who was showing him flashcards.
Bradly: So that's why you skipped work yesterday? To go jogging?

Don: That's beside the point! Why aren't you worried about Braddon alone at the park?
I thought he'd been kidnapped, so I immediately picked him up and took him home!

Bradly: Calm down, Don. That's the Dinero founder, Daniela.
She offered to take Braddon to the park while I was at work, and Yukio okayed it.

Don: Oh…Okay, well, back to work I go, sweetheart! Mwah!
Bradly: Why don't you ever come by to visit Braddon? Are you waiting for an invite?
Don: Um, yes…

Moss: As soon as Arun gets home, I head for the Arts Quarter. I also invite along Cassandra Goth and Paola Pizzazz.

I'm not sure when it happened, but Cassandra and I are already friends.

Krishna: I'm so happy to have someone my age to chat with.

Paola: So my mama, Penny Pizzazz, tells me you and I should become good friends.
Krishna: Really? Cuz my parents say the same thing to me!

Daniela: Meanwhile, I spy a familiar sim on the second floor--it's the sim with a thousand outfits!
Daichi: Hey, Daniela!
Daniela: Nice pink pumps! WCIF them?

Moss: Since you and I are friends, Cass, I was hoping we could take our relationship to the next level.
Cassandra: Oh Moss, I never knew you felt that way about me!

Moss: Honestly? I don't! But I'd really appreciate your becoming my good friend. Whaddya say?
Cassandra: Hmmmph! You dynasty people are all alike! But…okay!

Moss: Thanks so much, Cass. You're the best. Well, not the best but def one of my fave peeps!

Moss: Now I can finally focus on what I came to the Casbah Gallery to do!

Friday

Moss: By the time I max Violin and get home, I can see the moon setting from my window.
I'm using my last vacation day but I'm this close to being able to move out!

No doubt in my mind whatsoever that I'll be living in my own place later today!

Current Status of the Dinero Household

Founder: Daniela Dinero
*Completed founder requirements: Everything's done

*Incomplete move-out requirements:
 Skills: Violin (Level 10) and Writing (Level 9)
 Enemies: Yukio Soma and (one more enemy)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Moss Gathers Momentum (04/03)
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2017, 06:16:33 AM »
Aw, poor Krishna.  Between wondering about his own future, and his dismay that his dad doesn't get to be the first in space!  It seems like he is feeling the sting of being a spare.
I'm excited that you have plans to let him have a child one day.  I mean... He's so young still.  Does that mean Jessminder and Arun will age?  Anyway I'm pretty excited about how Krishna will grow up to look.
Him and Penny?  Him and Penny???

Enlighten me on this snagglefluster thing and the no charisma thing.  I have no idea what you're talking about there but as Tessa is a mixologist who maxed charisma I'm definitely curious about what I'm missing.  Is it just a RDC rule or is there actually a thing in game relating these two things?

I enjoyed getting to see Don and Bradly.  I giggled that Don IS, in fact, just waiting for an invite.  Well, yeah!  I remember he showed up to visit Luke daily all on his own though. 
Daichi is really rocking the pumps!  He has an interesting collection of clothing.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2017, 08:03:02 AM »
Wow, things are really moving along nicely for Moss!  Like they say, a rolling Moss gathers no stones.  Well, something like that.
I'd have to double check to be sure, but I think you'll have to move the household helpers out on their own and then move out Moss and have him invite them in.  If I recall correctly, moving them directly into a new lot with him is a no-no.  I think.  Like I said, I'd have to double check (which I don't have time to do at the moment).
Loving how you're using skills to simply keep some of your Sims occupied.  Funny and clever!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »
Awww. The Don and Bradly office flirt session made me grin! Those guys! I'm glad Don swooped in over the weekend to claim his parental rights. He's a good Daddy at heart. :)

Poor, bored Krishna. He's just about maxed his potential with nine days left! Where can he go from here?

Handsome Moss is such a scalawag, getting poor Cassandra's hopes up like that.

Loved that you lured Jessminder into another round as dynasty helper with the promise of grandchildren! She and Arun have certainly been valuable, and it seems as though Krishna will carry on the tradition quite nicely!

Glad Daniela is getting to level wellness. I think it's my favorite skill!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Moss Moves (04/03b new)
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2017, 01:31:22 AM »
@wfgodot
I believe Krishna overcomes his initial disappointment about his papa and Sixam in this update! We iz conniving to ensure that Jessminder can hold her grandchild--gotta keep our promise, right?
And I'm not sure about Krishna and Penny yet. It really depends on what Massimo thinks. Kyra Gupta, Morgan Fyres, or Penny Pizzazz…
     Jessminder is trying to get the Snagglefluster recipe which is only nabbed via a work opportunity that randomly occurs only during a Level 9 Mixologist's work shift.
So I'm keeping her at Level 9 until she gets that opp. To prevent her last promotion, I'm not letting her level Charisma (she needs L8) or do her daily tasks. Of course, she'll probably get her promotion anyway. Maybe try for a negative wish? Anyway, Snagglefluster boosts the rate of leveling any skill exponentially.
     Don is so weird! He never visits but he skips work to nab Braddon away from Daniela. Now she'll never be good friends with Braddon or be able to age him up. Thanks, Don!

@PeregrineTook
You're right about Moss having to ask former household members to move in  with him. In my failed RDC, two Gen2 heirs did just that (Moss moved in his sister Fern, and the Mori heir moved in her brother Tamari). You'll see me do it again in this chapter, too, lol.
   Whatever skill I don't want my sims to be learning, that's all they want to do! Haha.

@FrancescaFiori
    Don actually robbed Braddon of his chance to befriend Daniela and Jessminder. Braddon needs a good friend in another house to age him up, but he'll never age up at this rate. If we wait for him to age up naturally…well, let's just say, Megumi doesn't need a child husband so he'll get passed over. Don's action was entirely counter-productive! I'm not a fan…
    Where will Krishna go next? My friend, you will soon find out!
    Speaking of handsome Moss, I'm really like this Moss--he makes the best faces though they're not tragic.
    Daniela keeps trying to level skills that I don't want her to max. No, stay out of the observatory! No, you don't need to help with gardening! Stop playing the violin, yo! I was just trying to keep her busy until Moss moves out…
    The Bheedas have really been fantastic helpers. Salim's life in the Dinero household would have been very different without them.

3.26  Moss Dinero (Part III): Moss Moves

Week 3/Friday

Arun: Early this morning, I try my luck at the wishing well.
I'm floored to be granted a full promotion to Level 10 Scientist!
After phoning to take a vacation day, I begin planning what to invent first!

Moss: I stop writing at the thought that I still need an enemy!
It's 6 am so I still have time to catch the Zanna founder before she leaves for work!
She's pretty intimidating, though. I'm not sure I'm feeling up to this!

Moss: No time to feel demoralized! I pull myself together and start with a rude introduction.

Serena: Oh no, you di'int!
Moss: Oh yes, I did!

Moss: And, please, enjoy this this drink to match your red skirt! Bwahahaha! (Hehe, I thought I would feel bad but this is actually pretty fun!)

Moss: You and your lame insults! I'd like to fight you but I never get the option.
Serena: Oh don't you know, little boy? Stupid sims with dirty hands don't get the Fight option!
Moss: *checks his hands

Serena: You totally fell for it! What a little fool! My Massimo will clean the floor with your sorry green hair!
Moss: Well, I'll just have to keep dissing you til we hate each other!

Before leaving, I look around the house for the toddler I read to last week.

Massimo: Is it really you, Moss? It's me, Massimo! I'm a teen now, too!
Moss: Nice to see you again, Massimo! I'm glad to see you're looking so gorgeous, I mean, well! *coughs

Massimo: Did you say or do something to make Mama angry, Moss?
Moss: Maybe. Why do you ask?
Massimo: No time to explain! You must travel out of here immediately! She looks about to mesmerize you for a sip or ten.

Moss: Thanks to Massimo's timely tip, I escape Serena's blood-thirsty clutches!
I have so much to do today and can't be feeling sleepy and drained!

Meanwhile, Uncle Arun has finished inventing and upgrading a Wormhole Generator.
Mama and I discussed this beforehand. We decided leaving it on this lot would be best.

Moss: At 1 pm, I max Writing (thanks to Papa) and complete all of my requirements for moving out!

That's a fancy shot, Watchette. You gonna do that for every heir?
Nah. Just you, cuz you're the first heir to move out.

Moss: I actually still have two more things to do before I move out…

Moss: So, Krishna, how's this for firsts? I'm the first sim to ever step foot on Sixam…
But Uncle Arun is the first adult and you're the first child to ever come here!
Krishna: Awww, gee, Moss! Papa deserves to be here but I'm glad you brought me, too!

Krishna: I still can't believe I'm really here? What shall we do next?
Arun: Well, Moss asked us to let him do all the collecting. Why don't we cloudgaze?

Moss: I find rare crystals and metals and also harvest eerie alien flora.
Watchette spots some alien females wearing her cc, but neglects to take screenshots of them on purpose.

Moss: Hey, you two! Stop being such tourists! It's not like we'll never come back here!
Krishna: My friends will never believe I'm visiting Sixam! Gonna upload this to my plumbook!
Arun: I never imagined my first trip to Sixam would be with my son! Thanks, Moss!

As I wander around, seeking more rarities to gather, I wonder if I am, in fact, descended from aliens.

Moss: Do you know Mama's friend, Bradly Storey? He's also a scientist.
He says one of the best parts of visiting Sixam is the Return Home menu.

It tells you who, among the sims you know currently on Sixam, are actually aliens in disguise.
Oh, Aaradhya? You, too? Well, we can talk about that later!
Oh, I knew it, I knew it!

Moss: Good evening, ma'm. We'd like a table for eight, please.
Arun: Hey, Moss. Your parents are wondering why you invited the vampire along to Korma Chameleon.

Moss: Look at that gorgeous creature then ask yourself again why I invited him…

Moss: Okay, I admit that Massimo's bat form thing rather freaks everyone out…
By the way, Massimo, don't forget that I maxed the Violin skill!

Arun: Pssst, Moss! You invited the vampire AND the alien? Isn't that a conflict of interest?
Moss: Um, no? I treasure them both for different reasons altogether!

Arun: Huh, so you need two, eh? Oh, Jessminder, do you think I could also…
Jessminder (glares): Don't you dare even think about it, sweet thing! *clenches her fork...

As soon as everyone's seated, I order a cake and blow out the candles.
Daniela: I'm so proud of you, Moss.  Oh, it's you, Massimo! How are you? Where's your father?

Then I stand and get ready to leave the restaurant. It's time for me to move out!

No, that "Thief!" tag doesn't refer to me! I'm just nicking my own birthday cake!
See, the arrow points to the alien waitress who swiped Watchette's cc hair.
Time for another batch fix!

Moss: I buy the Asphalt Adobe lot in the northwest corner of our neighborhood.
When I arrive, I invite four people over right away: the Bheedas and Aaradhya.

Happy birthday, Krishna!

Moss: After I ask all four of my guests to move in (they accept, natch), I learn that Krishna gained the Geek trait.
So perfect!

Jessminder: What do you think, ladies? Doesn't the pre-makeover Krishna look like a Bollywood heartthrob?
Or is that just my maternal bias showing?
Arun: I think he has my eyes with your lips and jawline.

Jessminder: Watchette, would you consider looking for some beard stubble cc for Krishna?
You know, like that gorgeous Shahid Kapoor has?
Jessminder, when did you become a mindreader? Lol!

By 11 pm, the entire garden has been planted and watered, thanks to everyone's collective efforts!
Everyone, that is, except Daichi the Slacker!
Daichi: Hey! Gimme a break, okay? Everyone else has two weeks off every three weeks!
But me, I work every single week, so cut me some slack, all right?

Current Status

*Completed requirements
  Rewards: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree , Frugal
*Incomplete requirements
  Gold-medal Parties:
  Mansion Baron Aspiration: (Tier II)
  Career: Critic/Art Critic (Level 4)
  Spouse: None
  Children: None

The five-sim household now consists of Moss Dinero, his good friend Aaradhya Kumar, and the Bheeda family.
The tale of Moss and Aaradhya will commence after a primitive house has been built. Stay tuned!

Coming next: Saturday at Moss's New Crib

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Moss Moves (04/03, Part II)
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2017, 08:06:14 AM »
I'm looking forward to getting to know Aaradhya as a character.  She's lovely, and I think she and Moss will have a lovely child (or children), but I'm definitely curious as to how you'll write her  :=)

anything