Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179260 times)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Moss Moves (04/03, Part II)
« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »
Wow, what level was Arun before that promotion?
Serena is so pretty, but... I have to admit I definitely enjoyed Moss dumping his drink on her.
Massimo will clear the floor with him?  Oh Serena.  You poor lady.  Love the shot of her standing behind him when he talks to Massimo.

Very clever with the return home menu on Sixam.  I'd have never thought of that.  Then again I don't really go to Sixam.
I'm really pleased that, this time around, things seem to be going a lot more smoothly for Mossimo!

Krishna is very handsome, but I'm surprised his head is so wide.  Neither of his parents seem to have that issue.  Maybe it's just his eyes that make it look wider than it really is.  He wears them so narrowed!

Haha, I adore Daichi standing off to the side and doing nothing.  He started out so great too!

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Moss Moves (04/03, Part II)
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2017, 06:36:56 PM »
CC thieves! Shameless! I'm glad you didn't give those alien cc-nappers any screen time. tsk tsk. :)

My heart is definitely throbbing for Krishna. What a looker! I love you and Jessminder conspiring on the stubble. Teehee. But what is this pre-makeover nonsense? What of the post-makeover, hmm? Where is that? Am I just supposed to let that one slide?

Congratulations to Moss on completing his preparations for moveout! Confetti! I also admire his bravery in taking on Serena as his enemy. I mean, of course she was the only choice, since he couldn't very well become enemies with his DESTINY, but even so. Nice job. :)

Thank you so much for the alien-identification trick! So useful! I hope Aaradya's lineage will help increase the chances of continuing green Dinero heirs.

Moss does make some amazing faces. I'm really looking forward to his time in the sun!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Aaradhya Articulates
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2017, 11:52:35 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Thank you for your interest in Aaradhya's character development. Because of you, I'm having her narrate this update…She still has more to say but ran out of space!

@wfgodot
Lol, Arun went from Level 9 to Level 10.
I was so shocked to notice Serena standing behind Moss--she switched to her dark form and lifted her hands with curled fingers, so I had Moss leave immediately.
Close call! And you know, she even has the Guilty Drinker trait! She must  also be mad about Caleb and Moss's mom, lol.
   I couldn't believe Daichi just stood there the whole time everyone else was working on the garden. I don't want Moss getting his Gardening skill any higher and Daichi wouldn't mop, so I had to have Moss mopping up the spilled water, haha.

@FrancescaFiori
I only had room for a pre-makeover shot of Krishna cuz I'd reached the image limit and their house was mostly non-existent at the time.
Krishna reached level 7 handiness in one day! I'm starting to consider him for the Gen3 heir, who will be female (either by birth or by gender customization, booyah!)

Well, that alien identification thing only helps if your sim can already get to Sixam, right? Will your upcoming RDC have an alien founder or will you keep us in suspense?
As for Aaradhya's alien form (and skintone), she's being as secretive about that as Lucas and his swimwear! *winks

3.27 Moss Dinero (Part IV): Aaradhya Articulates

Week 3/Saturday

Hail Earthlings! My name is Aaradhya Kumar. It is time you got to know me better, yes?
As you already know, I first met Moss and his mother at Desert Bloom Park several days ago.
I'm good and clumsy, love the outdoors, and aspire to be a Painter Extraordinaire.

Thanks to a vampire break-in, I managed to become his good friend, which is why--I suppose--he asks me to move in.
Moss has an unseen fashion consultant/supervisor who gives me a new wardrobe.
So this is the kind of look Moss prefers? I understand why my hair is green, but must I wear these little shorts?
It's the Murkland influence. *shrugs

I like the Bheeda family very much! Such hard workers!
The teenager, Krishna, also gets a makeover. His mother, for some reason, is especially pleased with his new look.
Jessminder is talented in many creative skills. I hope to follow in her footsteps!

Now, they are fishing for angelfish.

Apparently, vampire break-ins pose a threat even to residential lots.
Frankly, I'm quite surprised how friendly Moss seems to be with the next Zanna heir!

Tonight, Arun aka Mr. Versatility adds "Crafting garlic objects" to his ever-increasing list of accomplishments.

And, by the way, you may not know this but ethnic diversity also exists on Sixam. My name, Aaradhya, is a Hindi name.
So I'm more than pleased to be living with the Bheedas in a vegetarian household!
More on that later.

After ensuring that the rest of the household is occupied, Moss begins flirting with me.
I'd secretly been hoping he'd be romantically interested in me.
But no one could have prepared me for how fast he moves. First date, first kiss!

Although I'm a full alien, I've long hoped for a hybrid child! Why?
That's because as much as I love this human disguise, I dislike my alien appearance.
I don't know, maybe I've just watched too much simTV.

But a hybrid child with this irresistibly handsome green devil?
Our child could have an alien skintone but with sim-like features. I can only dream!

And don't tell anyone, but I don't feel attracted to fellow aliens.

Hmmm, I'm sensing a creepy stalker nearby. Who could that be?

And this is why we lock doors to avoid mid-date interruptions.
No, Daichi! They don't need to be welcomed to the club!

I should feel guilty about making use of Moss to conceive. But honestly?
Doesn't he need an heir in order to continue his bloodline?

And what's his deal with that teen vampire who kept glancing at him at the restaurant?

When I learn that I'm pregnant, I run over to Moss and share the big news.
How heart-warming and reassuring that he seems just as thrilled!

I'm confident that our child will grow up feeling cherished and respected.
And vegetarian!

Now that it's daylight, here's a better look at the post-makeover Krishna.

Earlier, Jessminder mentioned something about not needing cc stubble.
I think he's a most dashing teenager!
His father Arun's been bragging that Krishna is a geeky genius.

I think Krishna gets his large eyes from his mother and his droopy eyebrows from his father.

Jessminder prepared Ambrosia for the first time in her life this morning.
While living with the founder, Arun had grafted a deathflower plant which he went back to harvest this morning.

Initially, I'd believed that Ambrosia granted eternal life, but Jessminder informs me that it only resets a sim's current life stage.
I wonder who the Ambrosia's for?

Daniela is ecstatic to hear that Moss and I will have a child and invites us all over.
I benefit from the quality easels by asking her to mentor me.

The founder's lot has a downstairs laboratory which was especially built for Arun.

He clones some Ambrosia and repairs a cloning machine.
But he runs out of time to invent another cloning machine for our house.

On the other hand, our resident geeky genius has discovered woodworking.

Do what you love or love what you  do, I always say!

While Moss and I are flirting, our relationship hits its first bump.
He discovers that I'm already lovebirds with the Granite Falls forest ranger.

With supreme confidence, Moss proposes to me anyway and I, of course, accept!
Why would I pass up the chance for our child to carry both the Dinero genes and name?

In my defense, my fling with the forest ranger happened before I'd even met Moss.
And when I first met Moss, he was just a teen! I'll deal with Nature Boi later.

Do we not make a stunning couple in our green and black?
Oh my, but he's gorgeous! And to think that I might have settled for the forest ranger! *shudders

The Bheedas are the first guests to arrive. I love seeing them in their formal wear!
Jessminder looks fabulous in her sari-esque gown.

There's some chick in a black dress and glasses, bending Daniela's ear about "failed expectations."
Hey, girl! This is a celebration of our marriage so take your negativity elsewhere!

Well, I don't actually say that to her since I'm at the wedding arch getting married, lol.
And Daniela is too excited about the wedding and baby to listen to her anyway.

I really have no idea what I should be doing at a wedding, since I've never attended a sim wedding.
Moss seems to sense that I'm lost and Moss whispers whatever we'll be doing next.

Huh, feeding each other! How nice! I could so get used to Moss feeding me.
Oops, did I just say that?

When we're sure of earning a gold medal, I invite the forest ranger to Center Park so we can have "the talk."
While I'm waiting for him, I spot Ms. Negativity coming my way as if she wants to chat.

Do I have any choice? I don't want her there eavesdropping while I talk to the forest ranger!
So I immediately end our wedding party…

As soon as we all get home, I invite the forest ranger over and ask to be just friends.
Well, that was quick and harmless!  Wait, where do you think you're going, buster?

Moss is big-hearted enough to overlook my previous thing with the forest ranger.
But that doesn't mean Moss wants Forest Ranger dancing in the living room!
Not sure why Forest Ranger bothers looking so shocked! He actually believed he'd be welcome here on our wedding day, after I just blew him off?

Jessminder gets back from work at midnight, which is the time for the Big Switch.
But we decide to squeeze in a quick trip to Granite Falls.
Krishna is a former Top-Notch Toddler, Whiz Kid, and Rambunctious Scamp.
No wonder he learns to make those camping mascots so quickly!

Our garden is six plants short of complete, so Moss takes the time to harvest some Fireleaf, too.
By lucky coincidence, he also catches a Dust Sprite which is an ingredient for the hermit's secret recipe: Fungal Infusion Fertilizer.
Hmmm, I'd like to come back again to meet that hermit!

Arun ate a serving of Ambrosia back at the house while Jessminder was still working.
And Jessminder eats her portion at the National Park.

I ask Jessminder why she and Arun are eating Ambrosia on their last day of being young adults.
She shares that it's part of the deal she made for her family to move in with Moss.
Jessminder is one sharp negotiator!
And then there's me with no prenuptial agreement, darn it!

When we get back, Moss places one bassinet in the living room.
It's so we can determine the firstborn, he says, in case of multiple births.

I imagine our nooboo will be born early Monday morning.
For now, I do what I can to ensure that I have a daughter: eating strawberries and listening to Kpop!
#Taehyung4Life

By the way, Arun took me aside before our wedding to say that he knows I'm an alien.
I wonder how he found out? I wonder if Moss knows?
If Moss doesn't know yet, will our relationship change when he finds out?
So many questions!
Come to think of it, it's rather handy that Moss has a "thing" for that vampire!
He'll probably come visit to Moss during "Vampire Week," and we'll all learn what color our baby is!

Current Status of the Dinero Line

Gen2 Heir: Moss Dinero

*Completed requirements
  Rewards: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree , Frugal
*Incomplete requirements
  Gold-medal Parties: Wedding party (needs 2 more)
  Mansion Baron Aspiration: (Tier III)
  Career: Critic/Art Critic (Level 3)
  Spouse: Aaradhya Kumar
  Children: coming soon

Gen3 Heir: ?Mina Dinero

Coming next: Week 3 with Yukio Soma (Megumi might move out…)  ...*runs off to Murkland

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Aaradhya Articulates (04/04)
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2017, 08:05:48 AM »
It was nice to hear things from Aarhandya's perspective!  Quite the interesting twist that she's got her own motivation in wanting a hybrid baby and seems to be "using" Moss for that, but accidentally falling for him.
Krishna did turn out to be quite a handsome fellow!
Poor Cassandra.  She just feels so neglected.  She and Candy should form a support group  ;=)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2017, 01:22:17 PM »
I like Aaradhya's attitude. She's very matter of fact. She knows what's what with Mossimo, but she's doing her thing and getting what she wants, anyway. Go, girl!  Plus, she's gorgeous. *crosses fingers very hard for a greenboo*

The previous fling with the forest ranger was pretty great. Sorry, Nature Boy. You cannot compete with a gorgeous green dynasty heir! And then he hung around after being dumped! Too funny!

Jessminder is a shrewd negotiator, and I'm glad she and Arun will be sticking around and not growing old together. :)

Krishna's stubble is A plus. Very nice, young man. Here's hoping he hits it off with Gen 3! Whom I cannot wait to meet!

(So true about Murkland and the short shorts! No one is immune! :))

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »
Oh okay then, about the well promotions.  The way you worded it made it sound like he'd manage to skip levels or... maybe that's just the way I read it.  I was going to be really excited if that was actually possible.  I've never used the wishing well for anything yet except bringing those ghosts back to life.

Krishna looks really good with his new makeover!

I love Daichi trying to welcome Aaradhya to the club.  Very sweet... also annoying but he looks so cute standing there at the locked door.

Looks like a really nice wedding!  The Bheeda's are stunning in their formalwear.  My favorite part was definitely the hasty wedding ending when Cassandra was about to come over for a chat.  Stone cold!

Clever about the bassinets.
I'm really surprised Moss didn't figure out the alien thing when he woohoo'd with her.
Of course we know the brilliant way Arun figured it out.

LOL, have fun in Murkland.  You run off like you've been dying to get back to it or something!  :D
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2017, 04:42:05 PM »
Grats on the move, marriage and impending nooboo, Moss. I'm really pleased that the Bheedas are all sticking around - I really like them (and their formal wear), especially Krishna. Love his new look.

Good luck with getting a female greenboo. The 'Children: coming soon' line in the summary cracked me up :) And good luck, Megumi.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Braddon's Blues
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2017, 07:07:09 PM »
@PeregrineTook    I'm happy you liked hearing Aaradhya's side of things.
Yes, I rather love Krishna, too. I want something special for him, but what? Or, should I say, who?
Ahhh, Cassandra. Always a lot of collateral damage in my stories as I clumsily seek to be witty at the expense of my less favored sims. :-)    A support group, rofl…
But I'm noticing that you also share my preference for random townies over premade sims.

@FrancescaFiori
I'm getting so careless. I didn't even realize that Aaradhya had a thing with the Forest Ranger until right before Moss proposed.
The Forest Ranger was too funny! After Aaradhya broke up with him, I locked the front door for "Household only," but he actually ran all the way around to the back door to enter so he could dance in the living room. Talk about clueless!
When I started thinking about moving Moss out, I realized I'm not finished with the Bheedas' story yet. I'm glad you're enjoying them, too.
I've hit a wall with Braddon but wait to you see what Sergio's gone and done!

@wfgodot
Sorry for the wishing-well letdown. But I was super excited because a Level 10 Scientist can upgrade the wormhole generator (= group travel to Sixam) and make Age-Away serums.
Lately, Daichi seems to live to annoy me. He'll be useful again when the toddlers become children!
Placing a single bassinet is a tip I learned from the RDC thread. I'm pretty sure MarianT posted it. The alternative would be to let the toddlers age up naturally then check who gets their birthday notice first.
You're right! Although we know about Aaradhya due to Sixam's Return Home menu, no one's discovered her yet. When she and Moss woohoo'd, I kept expecting her to start glowing pink and Moss to discover her. But…nothing.
Maybe I should try harder to get to glow different colors.
About Murkland, I'm trying to alternate in-game weeks between my RDC and Murkland. :-)

@Alex 
Yep, things are moving right along with Moss Dinero. And thank you for reminding me to send an emissary to check on the Gen4 heir nooboo! I don't even know what color Aaaradhya's alien skintone is!

3.28 Yukio Soma (Part I): Braddon's Blues

Week 3/Sunday

Yukio: Watchette returns to our home to realize that two toilets aren't enough for 4 adult sims.
Daichi immediately comes over when we start a club gathering.
For now, I remove him from our club because, frankly, he's become superfluous. Don't call us, we'll call you!

Megumi: Since my teen birthday on Week 2/Friday, I've been writing day in and day out.
The Bestselling Author aspiration is a killer, but Books of Life will come in handy.

Yukio: We wait for Braddon to wake up, then open Korma Chameleon for the late lunch crowd.
Upstairs, Megumi continues writing while Bradly dances with Braddon.

Not long after Korma Chameleon opens, our first critic ever arrives!
The hostess station is a bit backlogged, and Candy going over to chat with everyone doesn't help at all!
*sends Candy to the bathroom

This could be the big break for our 4.5-star restaurant!
I remain by his side, catering his every whim and need.

My wife Yuki is looking this way but I pretend not to notice.
I can tell she's dying to welcome me to the club…again.
Watchette, would please have her "Check Up On" all our staff or something?

Yes! The critic's favorable review kicks our rating up to 5 stars for the first time.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

After closing for several hours, we open again for dinner.
Mortimer has become a regular customer. And so many new faces!

By 9:30 pm, Braddon is well on his way to becoming a Top-Notch Toddler!
Good thing, too, because his birthday's in one-and-a-half days!

All in all, things are going well for Korma Chameleon.

I'm not happy about Anaya Jang and this other lady treating the fountain like a pool.
But our hostess, Maki Nakamura, swiftly informs that their table is ready. Maki, you're such a gem!

Yuki: You must be slipping, sis. How have you not introduced yourself to that hunk yet?
Candy: I'm on it!

Yukio:  I introduce myself to the gentleman and learn his name's Wyatt Owen.
He's a gardener as well as an ambitious slob who hates children.

Apparently, Serena Zanna's already talking to him about marrying the Gen5 heir.
Talk about planning ahead! But if Serena's planning ahead, so should we!
I mean, I'm not above stealing him away for Megumi, but his traits…

Wyatt: Dude, do you pluck your eyebrows?

Yukio: At midnight, I disallow new customers because Korma's full enough.
But diners at 4 tables get up and leave in mid-meal, without paying.

"Disallow new customers" didn't used to work this way, darn it!

We close Sunday night with a five-star rating. We need two more days at this rating!
Our Finances Report is off; we definitely served more than four tables tonight!

Also, I have enough points to buy the Ingredients Discount perk, but I'm still deciding.

Monday

Bradly: Around noon, Braddon maxes his last skill while running around the backyard.
What a relief!
Juggling work, Korma, and helping Braddon with his skilling has not been easy!

I confess that I'll miss his little ladybug socks, though!

Yukio: Yuki and I spend the afternoon painting Megumi's portraits.
When we open Korma for dinner, we leave Braddon home with a nanny.
Megumi, of course, continues writing. Yuki brings along half-painted portraits to finish.

Megumi (mutters): They don't even bother asking me to pose!

Tuesday

Megumi: When I hear the Dinero founder's arrived a little past midnight, I rudely introduce myself.
Then I proceed to pick a fight with her.

When I click the Mean social "Trash talk…," I'm surprised to see that Megumi dislikes Sergio Romeo.
He must have been really annoying. Too bad, Sergio! I'd been thinking since we can't age up Braddon in time…

Yukio: Daniela stands up and continues arguing with Megumi.
Wow, look who "just happens" to walk by as the hostess shows him to his table.

Caleb: What? I've simply come here to enjoy the wonderful cuisine. I'm a foodie, remember?
Yukio: Don't you think the timing's a bit suspicious? You arrive a half hour after Daniela…

Caleb: Pffft, mere coincidence! Why would I be stalking Daniela when I have Serena?
Yukio: That's exactly what I wanna know! You don't worry about leaving Serena on her own?

Yukio: Suddenly, Braddon's birthday notice pops up, so we immediately close Korma and head home.
Two five-star days in a row!

Megumi: This is where everything starts getting complicated!

I bring Daniela Dinero home with us, so I can finish what I started.

Bradly: Meanwhile, I light birthday candles on a cake for Braddon and help him age up.
He's a Whiz Kid genius with the Top-Notch Toddler trait.

Braddon will be invincible! And his childhood looks also show promise. No surprise, there!

Megumi: After Uncle Bradly is done planning Braddon's outfits, I declare Daniela my enemy!

And what are you saying, Watchette? I'm not going to be able to marry Braddon? Why not? Can't you fix it?

Well, are you willing to wait until Week 4 to meet him as a young adult? Think about it!

(I'd really had my heart set on a Megumi/Braddon pairing, but it's too much trouble now!
I guess I'll wait and see how long Megumi takes to finish her requirements…)

Megumi: Then, out of the corner of my eye, I see Papa running out of the house…
Papa, if you have a nooboo before I do, I will absolutely never forgive you!

Current Status: Soma Line

Founder: Yukio Soma
*Completed requirements:
  Museum Portrait: yes ($9,044)
  Career: Culinary/Chef (Level 10)
  Restaurant: Korma Chameleon, resale value = $127k

*Incomplete requirements:
  Star Rating: 5.0 stars (2 days, need one more day!)

Gen2 Heir: Megumi Soma
Toddler Skills: Maxed all skills (Top-Notch Toddler)
Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy
*Completed move-out requirements
 Teen Job: Fast Food (Level 3)
  Museum Portrait: yes ($7,887)
  A in High School: yes

*Incomplete move-out requirements
  Aspiration: Bestselling Author (on Tier III)
  Enemies: Daniela Dinero and (one more)
  Good Friends: Yukio Soma; Elizabeth Scruggs, (xx, and xx)
  Skills: Writing (Level 10) and Guitar (Level 4)
  Collection: working on it

Coming Next: Week 2 with Yukio Soma (Part II)/Megumi's Spouse Hunt?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Braddon's Blues (04/08)
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2017, 11:36:43 PM »
Oh man!  Papa had better not have a baby before poor Megumi!
Congrats on two days' worth of 5 star ratings!  Things are going so well!
I can't believe how Caleb keeps stalking Daniela when he has the amazing Serena at home!  I'm glad my dear Shana did not pick that horrible Caleb and his wandering eyes.  For shame, Caleb.  For shame!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Houston, We Haz Problems (04/09)
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2017, 10:46:55 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Thanks for always reading and commenting! <3
I've been checking Yukio frequently and no green sparkles yet, fortunately.
I'm not sure if it's just the timing or what, but as soon as I placed the Knight Statue, Korma Chameleon soared to five stars, lol. It might just be the placebo effect, but I'll take it!

I wonder if the game has scripted Caleb to always be on the prowl. His relationship with Daniela Dinero might just well be friendly, but I don't like how he's always out at night without her. Of course, Caleb is now a superhero to little Braddon!

3.29  Yukio Soma (Part II): Houston, We Haz Problems

In the last update, Megumi continues trudging along with her Bestselling Author aspiration, Yukio Soma's Korma Chameleon achieves a 5-star rating two days in a row; hawt gardener Wyatt Owen dines at Korma Chameleon; Braddon cakes up to a child; Megumi makes one enemy; and Yukio gets abducted by aliens.

Week 3/Tuesday

Megumi: Another day of being glued to the computer, writing!
At least I can take three vacation days starting today, thanks to the well!

I don't recall ever having exchanged phone numbers with Lily Feng.
But her text message this morning cracked me up!
She's quite the troublemaker, isn't she?

Yukio: Yuki and I are officially done with painting portraits.
I've hung up my portrait by Yuki in the museum.
I also paint a portrait of Yuki for our living room.

Bradly: I manage to finish inventing a wormhole generator before work!
Arun upgraded the Dinero wormhole generator before moving in with the heir, I hear.
I'm pretty sure I'll also be able to achieve that by this Saturday!

Braddon: I stop working on Whiz Kid to see what I can do about my "Megumi problem."
So, Watchette, you're saying I need to be good friends with someone in Serena Zanna's or Moss Dinero's household?

That's right. You need to age up twice to a young adult before moving in with Megumi.
Well, Moss's wife didn't conceive until Saturday so Megumi would only be a day behind.

Braddon: A day behind what?
Um, maybe you could ask your dads for more details about that part?

Braddon: Lilith with her clawing and hissing freaks me out!
When Caleb shows up, I'd much rather be friends with him instead.

Caleb: So, there's someone you like who's going to become a young adult this week?
Braddon: Yeah. I've always loved her, ever since I can remember!

Caleb: Wouldn't it be easier to choose someone closer to your own age, Braddon?
Braddon: Absolutely not! It has to be Megumi, Caleb! No one else even comes close!
Caleb: Well, I don't mind helping out if I can…

Braddon: Nailed it!

Braddon: Now don't forget, Caleb! You need to invite me over on Sunday to cake up!
Caleb: Will do, little man! I most certainly will not forget!

Braddon (internally): A little insurance never hurts, right?

Yukio: I open Korma Chameleon for dinner after Bradly gets home from work.
We have a good crowd and my staff are great!

We stay open a little later than necessary so I can buy the Well-Managed perk.
Apparently, this perk helps prevent bad things happening at the restaurant in my absence.
It costs a hefty 4,500 perk points, so I hope it's worthwhile!

I'm starting to like Daichi less and less.
I removed him from our club Sunday, because Braddon doesn't need help now.
So tonight he comes to Korma and sits there with his 4-star review, even with free drinks.

He basically strong-arms me into comping his meal. Ugh!

Yukio: Tonight is our third consecutive day ending with a 5-star rating.
I have now officially completed all my requirements as the Soma founder!

You can now move out whenever you complete your own requirements, Megumi.
Megumi: Believe me, I'm trying!

Wednesday

Now that my parents are no longer painting portraits, they're churning out one masterpiece after another.
Of course, you are. Great timing, you two!

Braddon: When I bring home an A grade tomorrow, Whiz Kid will be history.
And once I max Mental, I'm going for Artistic Prodigy.
If I'm lucky, Megumi and I will be making music at the same time, hehe.

Yuki: You know, Watchette, I really don't mind painting and gardening.
But a little gaming now and then would be sweet!

Who was constantly playing video games on their phone at the restaurant?

Megumi: I've only written one bestseller today, but I haven't spoken to anyone else since morning!
I invite Hugo Villareal over since we're friends, though I don't remember why.

Anyway, I'm hoping we can be good friends!

Hugo: Wow, I never imagined I'd be good friends with the prettiest girl at school!
Does that mean that our next step will be…

Megumi: Thanks so much, Hugo! By the way, do you know Wolfgang's number?
He's my other friend who I'd like to become my good friend!
Hugo: …Oh.

Bradly: Do my eyes deceive me or do I see Daichi actually working?
Just kidding! He's been a great help with Braddon's Artistic Prodigy aspiration.
This leaves me free to finish upgrading the rocket ship!

Braddon: But look at his facial expression, Papa!
Don't you think Nanny Daichi is working ironically?

Megumi: Don't laugh but I've thought up a new way to track my novels' values!
I simply rename them based on their sales price!

It looks crass but I only have to check each book once and will never publish the wrong book!
$178? That's one book that will never see the inside of the museum! *sighs

And yes, I tried just leaving my best novels in a locked room.
Everyone stands outside the locked door for hours, wanting to put away my books.

Megumi: For my aspiration, I need another bestseller and more publishing income.

But I can't resist taking Uncle Bradly's fully-upgraded rocket ship for a spin!

Sixam's exotic allure exceeds my wildest imagination.
Overflowing with joy and excitement, I begin digging away.

It's when I encounter a tentacle tree that my first problem confronts me.

Not a single one of the alien plants can be harvested!
Moss Dinero seems to have picked every last one clean!

Did he do this on purpose? Or was he just not thinking? Grrrr.

All I can do is keep digging away while I wait for the alien flora to regrow.
That's when the second problem catches my eye.

I catch two CC banditas in flagrante delicto, flaunting their stolen hair and apparel without any remorse whatsoever!

The left alien is our gardener and the right alien is a newcomer, Betsy Warner.
If you ever wanted a hybrid alien who could pass for a sim, Betsy would be your choice!
Betsy, we've been saving that hair for my grand-daughter!

I wait around and finally harvest one of each alien flora species.
How much longer will I need to wait until one more of each appears?

Then it hits me! Oh course! I hurry home via the wormhole generator…

Megumi: Yep, that's what these babies are for! Thanks, Dad! I only need 2 each!
And don't forget to clone some for your own garden!

Well, yeah! Of course, our underground lab has 3 cloning machines!
Papa's house is, like, the mother ship of the Some dynasty!

*Completed requirements:
  Museum Portrait: yes ($9,044)
  Career: Culinary/Chef (Level 10)
  Restaurant: Korma Chameleon, resale value = approx. $125k
  Star Rating: 5.0 stars (Week 3: Sun/Mon/Tue)

*Incomplete requirements: None (yay!)

Toddler Skills: Maxed all skills (Top-Notch Toddler)
Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy

Aspiration: Bestselling Author (on Tier IV)
  Enemies: Daniela Dinero and (1 more)
  Good Friends: Yukio Soma; Daichi Yoshida, Hugo Villareal, and (1 more)
  Skills: Writing (Level 10) and Guitar (Level 4)
  Collection: (almost done)

Coming next: Soma (Part III)/Will Megumi ever finish her aspiration?

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Houston, We Haz Problems (04/09)
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2017, 12:11:46 AM »
Oh, Braddon! Looking good, my man! I have to confess I just spent an embarrassing amount of time comparing his features to those of his Daddies, trying to figure out who he resembles most. Don's eyes, obviously, but he seems to have Bradly's little slightly-upturned smirk and warm skintone. Can't say about the nose, yet. We'll have to wait for his teen birthday, which will be soon, thanks to his new bestie! Hooray! If ever anyone wanted to say, "I told you so," to me, though, this would be the time. :)

Those alien couture thieves! So shameless! And they're quick, too! I swear they generate the second they sense me downloading something without doing a batch fix. *shakes fist*

Daichi's ironic cleaning cracked me up! *squirt, squirt* "See? I'm dusting. Look at me dusting. Happy now?" Oh well. At least it was autonomous.

Also hilarious are your book titles. I'm sure scholars will be trying to figure out the symbolism there for ages to come. :)

Poor Hugo. Always the bridesmaid. Must be his breath.

Go, Megumi, go! You can do it!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2017, 06:30:52 AM »
Braddon is gorgeous!  Those eyes with those lashes!  Seeing the picture of him with his two dads suddenly allows me to see much more of a difference between Bradly and Don.  They really don't look anything alike outside of hair color and the goatee.

Congrats on the 5 star review!  And I had to laugh at Yukio going after the future Zanna prospect.

Really cute to watch Braddon take matters into his own hands!  I liked watching him interact, cause he's beautiful and his expressions!  Very clever to have Caleb invite him over so he can age up.  I kind of love the thought Caleb being so easy going about befriending a little kid from the rival household, too.

Ha, Daichi hears you talking about him, oshizu!

The aliens don't quite pull off the cc so well, do they.  Actually I am pretty sure my nanny is using the CC beard that I had to download to get Wendell looking right :)

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2017, 08:17:51 AM »
More like, "Houston, we had problems!"  Excellent workaround there!
I was actually going to suggest having the other households age up Braddon for you, but then read this and saw you'd gotten there way before I thought of it.  Well done!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Where's the Novelty? (04/10)
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2017, 08:27:27 PM »
@FrancescaFiori
If ever anyone wanted to say, "I told you so," to me, though, this would be the time.
I don't know what you are referring to. I told you so about what?
Lol, Daichi cleaning! At first, I was so happy then I thought, "Wait…is he giving me "the look"?!
Megumi plans to rename her books again before they go into the museum. This monetary titles let me avoid having to place all her books on the lawn every time she wants to publish so I won't accidentally publish the wrong one. Is there an easier way to do this that I'm missing? I supposed a could build a second-floor basement room and leave the books there, but I'd still have to keep clicking on the books in Build mode to check their value.
  As for Hugo, I'm avoiding all the 4-sim households in this challenge, if possible.

@wfgodot
How funny that Braddon's picture as a child suddenly brings out the differences in his daddies' facial features!
I also can't wait to see what Braddon looks like as a teen. He became good friends with Caleb rather easily, so I'm appreciating Caleb's--how shall I say it?--"accessibility."

Daichi is such a crack-up! I complain about him constantly, but he's been fun to have round. He's living proof that sims have minds of their own! Weird that he only pulls out those floral pants at the Dinero household, yes?
Oh, Masato's wearing Wendell's cc beard? I really like Masato's nerdy look!

@PeregrineTook
Thank you for brainstorming with me! Getting Braddon to the YA stage seemed overly bothersome.
Once I resigned myself to the fact that Braddon and Bradly would wait until Week 4 to move in, things fell into place. Caleb is now a hero at the Soma house, though Yukio might be taking it to extremes…
I think I learned my lesson! No more raising future spouses from the bassinet!

3.30  Yukio Soma (Part III): Where's the Novelty?

In our previous chapter: Yukio Soma completes all of his requirements as the Soma founder; Braddon becomes Caleb Vatore's good friend; Megumi becomes Hugo Villareal's good friend; Bradly fully upgrades the rocket ship; and Megumi is the first Soma to visit Sixam.

Thursday

Braddon: The wishing well guarantees that I'll bring home an A grade this afternoon.
That means today's my last day of grade school! (I hope)

Bradly: I'm dashing off to work from the Observatory this morning.
If I weren't in such a hurry, I'd stop and thank Caleb for helping my boy out!

Megumi: Finally, I write my third bestseller, though I still lack publishing income.
Along with my portrait, I place my collection of renamed novels in the museum:
   1. Thoroughly Modern Mallory (screenplay/$1,513)
   2. Waiting for Whiff (screenplay/$1,418)
   3. Prince Pippin of Charlemagne (screenplay/$1,174)
   4. Lorna Doom & The Oreo (biography/$1,040)
   5. Ellie's Errant Elephants (fantasy/$1,008)
   6. Magic Mori (short stories/$867)
   7. Murky Madness (short stories/$836)
Yeah, my portrait is not the greatest, but turns out to have the highest value. *shrugs
I feel like the white kitty should have her back turned, too!

Bradly: Oh c'mon! What do you mean you can't tell that I'm a Level 10 Scientist now!
The eye piece, my dear, the eye piece!

Megumi: I'm certain of completing my aspiration tomorrow morning.
Besides that, I need one good friend, one enemy, and Level 10 Guitar to move out.

Since the Zanna founder works until 7 pm tomorrow, I'll visit her first.
I'm not thrilled to find Serena Zanna in her dark form, but let's do this.

Megumi: I bring some moral support along, too. Braddon's outside practicing violin.
Dad's indoors with me, helping to keep the other vampires away from me.

Megumi: Serena Zanna, stop trying to be friendly with me whenever Watchette turns her back!

Um, Papa, why is Caleb looking at you like that?

Massimo: Whoa, I didn't realize that Papa and the Soma founder were so friendly.
Um, aren't they standing a little too close together?

Lilith: Why does my brother Caleb get all the action? Cut a sistah a little slack!

Serena: Gah, not the drink again! I just got this outfit back from the dry cleaner's!

Megumi: Hush, Vampire Queen! Enough of your yammering! Talk to the hand!

Megumi: Braddon, put away your violin. You and Papa need to prepare to jet outta here with me.
I'm about to declare Mme. Zanna my enemy and don't want her trying to mesmerize me!

Uh, Papa? When the heck did you and Caleb become friends!?
Yukio: Oh c'mon, Megumi! I'm just grateful that he's helping Braddon out, you know!

Megumi: Not only do I officially declare you my enemy, but also inform you those bat-pattern red tights are tacky!
Serena: Noooo, not the tights!

Megumi: I get home exhausted, only to find Mama leaving the museum with one of my novels!
You are not helping, Mama! Sheesh!
I make her put it down and even find another of my novels in the bookcase inside.

After returning my novels to the museum, I lock the museum so only I can enter!

Meanwhile, Auntie Candy succumbs to the allure of the cowplant!
That thing needs to be put away!

Megumi: After the dust from all the drama at home settles, we head for Casbah Gallery.

Poor Braddon! He pays $100 to hire Daichi as an entertainer, but Daichi decides to paint a mural with Papa instead.

Yukio: After Daichi leaves, I hire another entertainer but he hasn't maxed the violin so can't mentor.
We're both shocked to recognize him as one of Korma Chameleon's two cooks!

Yuki unsuccessfully tries to make him leave. Too bad it doesn't work that way.
Is it just me or is daughter Megumi much prettier when she's being mean?

Yukio: Of course, we primarily came here so Megumi could practice her 2nd skill, Guitar.
And she's doing great!

Getting someone to mentor Braddon in violin was like frosting on the cake.

Yukio: Tonight's been full of odd surprises!
When I see a raccoon rummaging in the trash, I'm surprised to find we're acquainted.

It's my senior chef at Korma Chameleon! Why are my chefs both moonlighting?

Friday

Yukio: No night at the Casbah is complete without a vampire break-in these days.
Around 1 am, Lilith slinks through the front door and heads straight for Megumi and the nanny.

Yukio: I arrive just in time to distract Lilith with some small talk.

Lilith: So this is what I need to do to get a little attention around here? *bats eyelashes

Yukio: To lure Lilith away from Megumi, I ask her to sit and chat at the bar.
Do you really have to walk like that, Lilith?

Lilith: Yeah, I'm forced to do this whenever I walk. It's part of the whole break-in thing, I guess.

Yukio: Hey, Yuki! Look who I met over by Megumi just now!
(blink twice if you understand why I brought Lilith over here)
Yuki (blinks twice): Hey, Lilith! Wassup? Whatchu been up to lately, girl?

Yukio: Lilith finally leaves at 5:30 and her break-in ends.
Yuki: Would she have left at 4 am, dear, if you'd stopped engaging her?

Yukio: I tried that, but she wouldn't leave and we remained stuck here.

Megumi: My Bestselling Author aspiration completes while I'm at school!
After getting home, I visit several spots to check for any new local talent.

I don't have time to introduce myself to the handsome yoga instructor at Perfect Balance Spa.
His name tag says he's Masato Yamaguchi and one glance tells me he's a vampire.

Would he make a plausible spouse candidate if we cured him?

Next, I introduce myself to Patrick Wyatt at Chez Llama.
Unlike Masato, Patrick is not Japanese but he's very handsome all the same.

Braddon: I don't like him at all, Megumi!
He meets you for the first time and starts talking about rocket-ship woohoo?! Boo!!

Megumi: Yeah, but I still need to keep an eye out for the Gen4 heir's spouse, you know?
How have the vampires managed to meet all the good-looking guys first?

Megumi (sighs): Well, I've pretty much decided who will be my roomies.
*phones: Hey Wolfgang! You wanna come over to my place and hang out?

All I need now is one more guitar level and I'll be ready to move this evening!

*Incomplete requirements: None

Collection: Novels/$7,856
 Enemies: Daniela Dinero and Serena Zanna
 Aspiration: Bestselling Author (done)
 Good Friends: Yukio Soma; Daichi Yoshida, Hugo Villareal, and Wolfgang Munch

Skills: Writing (Level 10) and Guitar (Level 9)

Coming next: Soma (Part IV)/Megumi's new roomies

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Where's the Novelty? (04/10)
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2017, 08:45:12 PM »
Nice, nice.  I love the renamed written works.  The Waiting for Whiff one sounds especially interesting.
LOL, Megumi's portrait.  You're ruthless about your museum value!!!

I love the picture of Megumi's Talk to the Hand.
Caleb and Yukio???   I think I could handle that.  Look at Mossimo, clenching his fists hopefully as he watches them :)

Yuki looks so innocent walking out of that museum with one of the novels!!!  I love her!

Good old Daichi.  Always coming through :) 

Loved Lilith's break in, her realization on how to get attention now, and the "walk".  Also the blinking.  Amazing!
Wolfgang will be interesting, I don't think I've ever actually seen him in a story except the occasional appearance (not that I read a ton of them).
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

anything