Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179215 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Where's the Novelty? (04/10)
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2017, 10:07:32 PM »
Megumi.  You can't dis my girl like that and expect me to still cheer for you!  Of course, you did write a screenplay with my name in it, so I forgive you  ;=)
Another lovely update!  I always feel like hopping right into the game and playing through a week each time I read an update, but then reality slaps me in the face and reminds me that I have responsibilities to things other than dynasties and to people who aren't Sims.  Darn it.  Ah well, at least I can Sim vicariously through your stories  :=)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Where's the Novelty? (04/10)
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2017, 01:29:12 AM »
LOL. I just meant that maybe, perhaps, at some point I might have implied that Bradly and Don looked a bit similar, and now that Braddon is growing up I'm obsessed with sussing out the subtle differences and mapping them out on his sweet young face. :P

Megumi's portrait is actually very nice. Kind of mysterious and enigmatic. I like it!

Love the book titles. :) Brilliant!

I guess I never had too much trouble with books as museum items because they were in the teleportation-only basement room. I did have to steal them back out of people's inventories a couple of times when they finished eating and wanted to do a little after-ambrosia reading, but I haven't had nearly the problems you have. Oh, dear.

Look at Caleb and Yukio gazing deeply into each other's eyes like that! *gasp* Have I been aboard the wrong ship all this time?

Eh. I say leave the cowplant out. Seems to be doing its job admirably. *glares at Candy*

Funny about your chefs, though I'm not sure being a trash panda counts as moonlighting. Lol.

So anxious for Braddon to age up! Stop scoping out other options, Megumi! There is only one Braddon! Accept no substitutions!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Fruitcake Fraud
« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2017, 04:08:01 AM »
@wfgodot
   Megumi's facing-backward portrait: after about 12 unworthy portraits, Yukio and Yukio started their portraits while Megumi continued writing for her aspiration.
Megumi went from 0 to heir in 20 days (her father's still a young adult). Ain't no one got time for posing! Lol
   No idea what's going on with Yukio and Caleb. They met at the grilling area over by Yukio's house just recently. I checked--they don't have pink bars.  Wait, Massimo's clenching his fists hoping for..what?
   Lilith is actually a difficult sim to play because her traits are Creative, Genius, and Active. When I have her paint, she gets focused; when I have her play chess, she gets inspired, etc. Plus she's constantly obsessing over her brother…
    No Wolfgang-as-roomie! My paragraph was misleading, I realized when you said that. The base household is 3 sims (Megumi, Braddon, and Bradly). Adding 4-sim household would be too much!

@PeregrineTook
   I must admit that I never saw the musical Pippin, Megumi was thinking of you!
Your comment about playing through a week made me curious. Whenever you play, do you play through an entire in-game week? That makes me wonder about splitting my weeks into two chapters each. B-b-b-b-but so much always happens on Sunday when I return to a family. Lol, maybe I'm finding my households more interesting than they really are. *gulps

@FrancescaFiori
    Haha, I'd always assumed your comments about those looking alike were just to yank my chain. I'm glad you can tell them apart now!
    Teleportation: Things have been moving so fast (or, that is, I've been pushing my sims so hard) that no one's even learned Teleportation yet. Getting each heir up to Level 7 Wellness would just take too long for a non-immortal challenge. I'm going to lock the museum to everyone but the current heir and make sure the next heir does the same.
     I'd been outside the vampire house taking a shot of Braddon playing the violin. When I came back inside, Yukio's all up in Caleb's face. When I clicked on Yukio, he'd initiated a "Deep Conversation" with Caleb. I wonder if Caleb has some hidden "everyone loves me" trait.
    You're right! Trash panda-ing is more of a hobby than a paying job!
    Speaking of hidden traits, I read today that there's hidden "Gender preference trait." Each sim has sliders for Male and Female (0.0 to 100 each), which vary over time. But a script mod is required to see it, so I guess I'll never know.

3.31 Megumi Soma (Part IV): Fruitcake Fraud

In the last chapter, Bradly maxes the Scientist career; Megumi places her portrait and collection in the museum; Braddon completes his fourth childhood aspiration; Megumi makes another enemy (Serena Zanna) and a fourth good friend (Wolfgang Munch); Yukio becomes friends with Caleb Vatore; and Megumi works on her remaining move-out requirement.

Friday

Megumi: In spite of various distractions, I continue to practice guitar.

Megumi: While I'm practicing, Papa and Watchette are busy preparing this house for my move.
They throw out all the meals, plants, and trees in family storage.
Papa goes around and unlocks all the doors, but I'm keeping the museum closed!

Incredibly, now that I'll be leaving, a hot tub room has been added to the back of the house.
You know I'll be coming back to relax in that hot tub!

Saturday

Megumi: I max the guitar skill just past 1 a.m. 
It takes a while to gather everyone in the living room, now that all the doors are unlocked!

Thanks, Papa! Tonight's my last birthday ever under your roof.
But you'd rather go play Sims Forever than celebrate my young adult birthday!
[

I move to my new (empty) home on the 20x15 Comfy Cubby lot.
I'd befriended Maaike Haas earlier in the evening because I want her as a roomie.
It only seems fair, since Mama took over Maaike's Avant Gardes club!

Braddon: *stares blankly at the lot where, if all goes well, he'll be living in Week 4

Ulrike (groans): Maaike, you got talked into joining yet another dynasty household?
When will you ever learn?

Braddon: What if things go wrong, Megumi? 
Since Papa and I are now not-in-the-world household, could we get culled during the next two weeks?
Megumi: Watchette took a simverse population census and removed a few excess sims.
You should be fine!
Braddon: I'm still so worried! Will you be my BFF, Megumi?

Ulrike: He's rather young for her, don't you think, Maaike?
Maaike: They've been together since they were toddlers and he'll be a young adult next week.
And, anyway, I'm surprised at you! Aren't you watching the anime "First Love Monster"?

Megumi: That's the romantic comedy about a 15-year-old high-school girl who's rescued by a handsome guy who turns out to be…
Maaike: Ssshhh, Megumi, don't spoil it! Ulrike, you must watch it!

Megumi: At first, I was just thinking about growing spliced cash crops.
Just to make sure, I check "The Soma Master Plan."
My grand-daughter (the Gen4 heir) will have the Freelance Botanist aspiration, so we're gardening.

Well, they are gardening in our B2 garden because I mustn't max Gardening.

While everyone else plants and waters, Mama stands around complaining about the spilled water.
Mama, have you begun studying under Nanny Daichi?

Megumi: Since I join the Writer career, daylight finds me writing more novels.

Ulrike: I'm already in the Painter career (Level 2).
Now's a great time to begin the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration.

Maaike: I join the Writer career, same as Megumi, but at Level 1.
My daily task is to read but, for some reason, but I'm having difficulty focusing.

It's not you so much as this house. I tried prioritizing form over function this time.
We ended up with a two-story house plus two basement floors.
But we've run out of money and I can't remodel…ugh!

Ulrike: Why am I looking at the Adoption Menu, Watchette?
I thought you were done with the "Grown Ur Own Spouse" thing.

Actually, I said that I didn't want to start from the bassinet anymore.
Child-age future spouses are still feasible. My choice is Norma!

Megumi: While Ulrike skips off to the adoption agency, I give my eyes a rest.
To stretch my legs, I visit all the neighborhood dig sites.

Lately, it seems our simverse is being overrun by aliens! I wonder why?

Ulrike: I welcome my daughter to her new home just as the Welcome Wagon arrives.
Adoptee: Thanks for choosing me! May I call you Mama?

Ulrike: I've named my daughter Jun. She's an outgoing Social Butterfly!
Did you guess her namesake?
It's Jun Shiomi from the manga "Food Wars" (Shokugeki no Soma).

Jun: The next heir will be named Akira, after Akira Hayama, also from "Food Wars."
In the manga, Jun is Akira's adoptive mother. Gah, that's not romantic at all.
Let's see…what else? He's her research assistant and also 18 years younger than her.
Grrr, that's even worse.  Meh! *Runs off to watch First Love Monster…

Jun: Thanks for encouraging me, Auntie Candy! I'm learning so fast!
Candy: That's my girl!

Oddly, now that Megumi has moved, Candy has suddenly become very diligent.
Candy was the first to start planting seeds and the first to reach Jun.
Since Yuki's maxed painting, Jun asked Yuki first but she never came.

Yuki: Hope you like the fruitcake, Jun! It's a family heirloom!

Jun: Oh, is that why you left it on the ground out near our back gate? Gee, thanks!

Maaike: I go to rescue the abandoned fruitcake, but arrive too late!

Oh, my new look? While Watchette was giving Jun her makeover, I got one as well!

I plan to start exercising, too! I don't need to be super thin.
But a little weight loss would be good for my health.

Ulrike: Maaike and I joined this household with Level 5 Writing and Painting, respectively.
Still, getting mentored by the Soma founder makes me feel so pampered!
It's great! And Yukio's easy on the eyes, too!

Maaike: I also appreciate Candy mentoring me!

Candy's doing so well that I added Yukio and Candy to Megumi's club but removed Yuki.

Megumi: We started out with $47k, but I spent almost all  of it on the house!
(Okay, the wishing well alone costs over $7k…)
I buy the 20x20 lot in Magnolia Promenade and transfer $5 to business funds.

With only $570 left, I can't buy the required equipment so I can't hire staff, either!
I know it's going to be an Italian restaurant, but remain stuck on a name.

Megumi: I've been writing novels most of the day.
Ulrike, Maaike, and Jun have spent the day working on their aspirations.

We all accompany Ulrike to Willow Creek when she needs to view some paintings.
While Maaike embarks on her new fitness regimen, Papa and I get to know Jun better.

Maaike: The two basement floors will be the death of us all!
Here we are, trekking single file from the first floor to the B1 floor.
On this floor, you'll find the kitchen/dining area, our bedrooms, and restrooms.

Megumi: When Bradly and Braddon move in, their work room will be on this floor, too.

Ulrike: The B2 floor only holds the garden at this point.
A half dozen plants are ready for grafting but Maaike and I aren't skilled enough yet.
Maaike: Well, Bradley can handle all the grafting on Sunday of Week 4, so it's not really an issue.

Megumi: Look at that! It's already time for The Big Switch!
Keep your fingers crossed for me and Braddon! And see you again in Week 4!

Week 2 Status: Soma Line

Gen2 Heir: Megumi Soma
*Incomplete requirements
  Career: Writer/Author (Level 4)
  Restaurant: Unnamed (resale value: $2,505)
  Star rating: Never opened
  Spouse:  not yet.

Gen3 Heir: Akira Soma
Next week, for sure!

Coming next: Zanna (Part I)/Massimo's working it

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Fruitcake Fraud (04/12)
« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2017, 06:58:57 AM »
Looks like one of your photos is missing that first code bracket thing.

Heh, I don't know what Massimo should be hoping for.  That somebody besides him is interested in a dude from a rival family?
He looks mildly pleased to me!

I enjoyed Megumi striking out on her own.  Good to see Candy stepping up!
Jun looks adorable. 

I'm not really understanding your house though.  Form over function?  How come everything's in the basement?
Can we see a picture of the place?  I think the painting area looks very nice.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2017, 06:53:32 PM »
Ooh! We're back to the tiny house! I hope it won't be too long before we see a bassinet or two on the roof. ;)
Good choice of roommates. I like the Free Spirits a lot. I really like your makeover of Maaike. That hair is very cute on her.
Had to look up First Love Monster. *giggle*
Jun is a real cutie! I haven't gotten far enough to meet her namesake in Food Wars *rushes off to order the next volume*. Since you're continuing to use names from that manga, does that mean we might get an Isshiki Senpai at some point? Hoping hard! :)

I am astonished that Candy and Yuki have so abruptly switched roles! I guess unwatched sims really do develop minds of their own. Probably not too great a loss on the fruitcake, though.

My fingers are crossed very hard for Megumi and Braddon, and will remain so for the next two sim weeks!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2017, 12:25:17 AM »
I play through a Sim week eventually.  Not all at once.  I take way too many pictures and then oversimplify my updates.  I used to overdo updating and I probably underdo it now, but the main thing is that it's enjoyable.  If you're enjoying how you update and your readers are enjoying it (which we are, by the way), then you've obviously got it right  ;=)
I'm glad that Candy was shown in such a positive light this time around.  She hasn't exactly been a rock star thus far in your dynasty, but it looks like the move got her fired up to be little miss awesome sauce!

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2017, 08:28:27 PM »
Belated grats on your move, Megumi. I really want to read some of those books.

I agree with Francesca about your makeover of Maaike - she looks great with that hair. As does Jun in her new hair - she's adorable :)

I don't think I've ever seen that 'family heirloom' fruitcake pop-up before. Yuck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Serena and Reddit (04/17)
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2017, 12:43:27 AM »
@wfgodot
Thanks so much for letting me know about the missing code bracket. Fixed it as soon as I read your comment!
Massimo is always giving Caleb looks that seem to say, "I'm not going to grow up to be like my father!"
Haha, I'm just confused about the new 20x15 house as you seem to be.
I tried something different but it didn't really work out. Basically, my sims will spend most of their time on the second floor, painting and writing.
There's a pond in front, which I'm going to make a lot smaller, so Bradly and Braddon can possibly have their skill room on the second floor, too. More pictures when it's their week again!

@FrancescaFiori
I'm happy that the First Love Monster synopsis you read made you giggle.
Please watch the first episode. Please!? *imitates a sim begging for a magic bean
  I'm trying to use different helpers this time around, but the Free Spirits are the best two-person household. I had a hard time choosing between them and the Rasoyas (joking, obviously).
The Soma's 5th heir will be a boy, so I've typed in "Satoshi" for his name. I'll need to look for his signature apron, rofl.
   See my comment about Candy in my response to Pippin. <3  Hope you like Braddon as a teen.

@PeregrineTook
I agree with you about keeping both the playing and storytelling fun!
Candy Behr broke my heart during my failed attempt because of her thing with Liberty Lee.
This time around, she'd been the annoying sim in Yukio's household. Now that Megumi's moved out, though, Candy's really been a great helper. I'm thinking of getting her a baby daddy from one of the three lines eventually, but who?

@Alex
About Megumi's novels, she apologies for exploiting your legacy founder's name in such a blatantly obvious manner. She really wanted to create a book cover to go with it!
I'm glad you and FrancescaFiori like Maiike's new hair! Her everyday outfit looks a little awkward now but will look nice (I hope) when she slims down a little bit.

Those two unknown townies pounded on the fruitcake like it was scrumptious.
My sims usually get a negative moodlet from eating it, so missing out on it was fine.
But Yuki leaving it on the ground then claiming it's a family heirloom was pretty strange.

3.32  Serena Zanna (Part I): Serena and Reddit

At the end of Week 2…

• Massimo (the Gen2 heir) ages up to a teen after school on Friday.
   • Serena (the founder) ends the week as a Level 9 Scientist.
   • On Saturday night, with a single space mission, Caleb wins two UFO fruit and maxes Rocket Science. Now that's what I call a  fabulous helper.
   • Preparations are complete to resurrect Jung Storey, the ghostly vampire.

Week 3/Sunday

Massimo: When our household goes active again, my vampire energy is extremely low.
Watchette has me wait while she does some quick remodeling on the new second basement floor.
All the vampire bedrooms are there now, with new coffins replacing beds.

This is my very first time to sleep in a coffin!

Penny: I prepared a total of 14 portraits of Massimo to paint last week.
I also add six new portrait starts of Massimo in his dark form. Wish me luck!

Lia: Auntie Lilith has not been the greatest of aunties. She never wants to teach me.
Did she not get the memo? My birthday's on Tuesday!

It takes an in-game hour to finally get Lilith to sit down and read to Lia. *sighs

Jung: Penny has prepared a plate of ambrosia for me. It's finally time!

Jung: You won't hear me complaining that ambrosia tastes fishy!
I can't wait to eat this and get back my life…

Wait, Jung! You can't eat that yet! I forgot there's something you need to do first…

Jung: Good idea! Insurance, in case I burn up again during an off week.

Serena: While I'm out detecting personalities to boost my vampire rank, I spot our very first Plantsim.

She's not "in the mood," she says. No time to get you in the mood today, dear.

Thank you very much, Jasmine Holiday!
You help me become a Grand Master AND give me a magic tree stump!

Sergio, why are you always hanging around our hood, yo?

Caleb: What are you up to, darling?
Serena: I only have 11 vampire points but need 12 to buy two 5-tier vampire powers.
So, I'm making a Draught of Reconfiguration.

Serena: Eventually, I want to buy Command and to rebuy Detect Personality!

My only remaining requirements are the garden and maxing the Scientist career!

The red arrow points to a small, empty third-floor room without a door or stair access.
That's where the extra ambrosia is hidden.

Massimo: It's not that hidden if you tell us, though.
I'm afraid that, in case of an emergency, I'll forget where I put it.

Jung: Okay, I'm ready to try again!
The last time I was so close to eating ambrosia, I could taste it!
*whoosh, spin, sparkly swirls
Jung: I'm back!

Were you this handsome before, Jung?
Oh right, I gave you a quick makeover on Massimo's teen birthday last Friday…

Jung: Weird, I don't remember my hips being this slim before…
*coughs

Serena: While Watchette gushes over the resurrected Jung, my death flower plant has matured!
Here's all six plants plus one extra plant.

That snapdragon-grafted-with-dragonfruit plant produces cowberries.
Just a little insurance in case my cowplant didn't survive, but it did!

Caleb: So, I finish upgrading our rocket ship with a wormhole generator. What's with all the space rocks?
The space rocks? Huh, I don't know…who could have placed them there?

Caleb: Very funny! You're hoping I'll get abducted and impregnated, right?

Caleb: I get my first magic bean from a confident plantsim.
Why are we even collecting magic beans? You know that vampires can't become plantsims, right?

Plant sims won't be around forever, so we're just doing this for the sake of completion, okay?
Sergio totally photobombs this shot, by the way, forcing me to shoot it from a weird angle!

Monday

A little after 1 am, I finally maximize my body potential.
It took me four hours and three Energy Protein Plates!

Caleb: Hey, girl! I'm like your basic Geraldine!
Playful Plantsim: Huh?

Caleb: Oh, you're unfamiliar with Flip Wilson's drag persona, Geraldine?
Let's see, something more contemporary….How about this? I'm like your basic document editor!
Playful Plantsim: Huh?

Caleb: Oh c'mon! What you see is what you get! Check met out!
Now-Flirty Plantsim: I'm seeing, I'm seeing!
Caleb: I have a playful bean already, so thanks for the flirty bean!
Now-Flirty Plantsim: Wait, wait! What about the "what I get" part?

Comedian Flip Wilson popularized the catchphrase in the 1980s, inspiring the WYSIWYG acroynym.

Caleb: I rush back to my gorgeous wife and realize, to our mutual surprise, that we're not even engaged yet!
Serena: I know, right? We've been so busy with my requirements, raising the kids, and building a home!

Massimo: How could you two forget something so important as getting married?
Hey, that means I was born out of wedlock? Sheesh!

Massimo: Papa makes good on his promise to Braddon Storey and invites him over.
Then he promptly runs off to the rocket ship with Mama, leaving me to help Braddon out.

Seriously, we are so poor compared to the Dineros and the Somas, why are we the ones buying a closet?
Braddon: It's so nice of you to give me a makeover, Caleb! I def owe you one!

Massimo: I find Braddon later sitting on Lia's bed, doing his homework.
Here's his new look! I might have a future in fashion styling!

Why do sims insist on reading and eating while sitting on the toddler beds?

Serena: Here's a rare shot of Caleb and I sitting with Lia!

Tuesday

Massimo: I wait until Lia's last skill is almost done before leaving for Sixam around 1 a.m.
First bat on Sixam, amirite? In this challenge for sure but also for my watcher.

Sadly, the only alien flora I can harvest is one glow orb!
Grrr, why don't people use their cloning machines! I'll have to return again.

By the way, I'm shocked at my Return Home menu. Ayaka Mori is a vampire, right?
I look all over her while making a final check for alien flora, but she's nowhere to be found.

To make sure, I invite her home with me and, yep, she's definitely a vampire!
But how can she even travel to Sixam, since she's a homeless sim?!

I could swear that, previously, only aliens and disguised aliens showed up on the Return Home menu.
If the vampire Ayaka can travel to Sixam, Moss's wife Aaradhya might not be an alien, either.

Serena: We get Lia's birthday notice while Massimo is still on Sixam.
As soon as he returns, Lia cakes up into a chubby little girl.

Sorry, Lia! No makeover for you until Mama comes home from work tonight!
Of course, with your parents' genes, you're a beautiful child!

Is it just my game? So many of my toddlers become chubby, even with maxed Movement.
On their birthday, they then age up into chubby children.

Penny: Whew, I'm feeling so relaxed now!

You should be, considering you're done painting portraits now.
Out of your 26 portraits of Massimo, two are hanging in the museum since last night. Great job!

Penny: I'd like to paint one more portrait…a portrait of Caleb for the living room!

Serena and Massimo really got a lot done so far this week!

Current Status of the Zanna Household

Founder: Serena Zanna
*Completed requirements:
  Vampire Family aspiration
  Portraits (2): yes/$14,546 total
  Two tier-5 vampire powers: Tamed Thirst and Mist Form
  Garden: complete

*Incomplete requirements:
  Career: Scientist (Level 9)

Gen2 Heir: Massimo Zanna
*Completed move-out requirements
  Toddler skills:  Maxed all skills (Top-Notch Toddler)
  Childhood aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp
  Teen career: Manual Labor (Level 3)
  Good Friends: Serena Zanna; Daichi Yoshida, Paolo Rocca, Imane Al Fassi
  Aspiration: Bodybuilder (done)
  "A" in high school: yes
  Portraits (2): yes/$16,959 total (normal: $7,692/dark: $9,307)

*Incomplete move-out requirements
   Skills (2): Fitness (Level 10) and ?? (Level 0)
   Enemies: (Daniela Dinero and Yukio Soma)
   Collection (7): coming?

NOTE: I've finally created family trees with photos for each line on Family Echo. You can find the links in Meet the Contenders.
Some of the relationships are contrived to fit all the helpers into the family tree. Salim and Arun aren't brothers, whereas Lilith and Penny aren't in a relationship.
Jung will not appear on the Zanna Family after Massimo moves out.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Serena and Reddit (04/17)
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »
Maybe Lilith will take a page from Candy's book and become a super-helper if she moves in with Massimo?
Awww, Lia's a cutie pie!  In terms of "chubby child syndrome," Seven, Belle, and Gavin definitely didn't come out chubby.  I don't think it's a universal thing.  Of course, who knows how they'll turn out as teens...
Anyway, another lovely update!  Go Serena!!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Serena and Reddit (04/17)
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2017, 01:23:32 AM »
Jung! You're back! And your front! And every part of your handsome, handsome self! He's even cuter than I remembered. I love that hair on him, and I've never liked that hair on anyone before. Way to go, mister!

I love that you imprisoned your ambrosia in a tower. :) Hope no handsome princes come by and try to rescue it.

Caleb,  . . .Caleb, Caleb, Caleb. You reference an eighties comedian and follow it up with, of all things, a document editor joke? All I can say is, it's a good thing you wore your athletic outfit. Congrats on the bean, although I think it would have been more appropriate if she'd given you corn, to match your corny jokes. Oh! *rim shot* (Congrats on the engagement, too!)

Braddon! Oh, sweet Braddon! You've arrived! He's adorable and looks nothing like either of his fathers. Look out, Megumi! Our boy is coming for you!

Love the bat shot on Sixam! It's stunning! Definitely the first and only bat I've ever seen in space. :)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A Grotto Unforgettable (04/20)
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Serena thanks you for your unflagging support! As for Lilith, Massimo isn't planning to take her along because she's not very skilled. (Candy doesn't live with Megumi, either.)
I confess I'm disappointed that Lia isn't a mini-Serena lookalike so far, but she is very cute all the same. :-) 
I'm really going to miss playing Serena and Caleb!  I feel like I hardly got to play them at all!

@FrancescaFiori
I'm glad we're in agreement about Jung's cuteness! I think he'll make a great spouse to the yet-to-be-conceived Gen3 heir, lol. As you no doubt remember, that's Jung's default hair.
After removing his side beard (what's that called? chops?), I was pleasantly surprised at his rugged good looks.
   Ambrosia in the tower because if another vampire dies and I forget where I hid the the ambrosia, I can go back and read this chapter because I'm forgetful and because Massimo and crew can't take the ambrosia with them.
   Oh right, they got engaged! I've completely forgotten to have them elope! Thanks for the reminder!
   Braddon <3. I think he'd look a lot like Bradly if he sported the same hair and facial hair. If I remember, I'll take a shot of Braddon like that in CAS during his week.
   Except for Massimo's bat image, Sixam was a bust for him! Lesson learned: Since every bloodline has cloning machines, they should only take one of each alien flora.
 Poor Massimo! He'll need to return to Sixam and wait for them to regrow. Maybe right after he moves.

3.33  Serena Zanna (Part II): A Grotto Unforgettable

Previously: (by the way, is this recap helpful?)

• Jung Storey successfully resurrects and wants sunlight resistance asap;
   • Founder Serena completes all her requirements except maxing the Scientist career;
   • Caleb installs a wormhole generator onto the rocket ship
   • G2 Heir Massimo gets an A in school, completes the Bodybuilder aspiration, and becomes the first interstellar vampire only to find Sixam's been picked clean;
   • After many attempts, Penny Pizzazz paints two museum-worthy portraits of Massimo; and
   • Massimo's sister Lia ages up to a child with the Top-Notch Toddler trait.

Week 3/Tuesday

Massimo: Why am I reading a Fishing skill book instead of actually fishing, Papa?
Caleb: For one thing, you have no sunlight resistance.
But more importantly, we're staying home to ensure your mother gets her final promotion.

M: I still need another maxed skill, two enemies, and a collection.
I can't wait to be done with my requirements so I can move out!
C: Your rival heirs moved out on Friday and Saturday, so you're still waaaay ahead of them.
M: Okay, but we're going fishing as soon as Mama comes home!

Jung: Penny, I want to thank you for preparing the ambrosia for me.
Penny: Hey, no worries. Just keep an eye out for my Paola, you hear?
After Massimo moves, I'm sure he'll be asking you and Paola to move in with him.

Jung: I can do that, Penny. And you'll always be welcome to visit.
Penny: Hey, how come I'm not in this screenshot?

Lia: I'm an Artistic Prodigy and Music Lover.

I'm still not sure what I want to "be" when I grow up?
Papa says I need to choose an activity that doesn't require reward traits. Maybe music?

Frankly, I'm a little worried about having to live on the sidelines like Auntie Lilith.
And what if I don't want to be a vampire?

Caleb: Don’t breathe a word to Massimo but that Moss has been lurking around all day.
Lilith: I know! I saw him walking around behind our house this morning.

Caleb: This afternoon, he's been playing sappy Italian love songs in that grill area closest to our home.
Lilith: Wasn't Massimo supposed to max Violin as his second skill?
Caleb: It was a thought but Fitness and Violin don't produce museum items, so...

Serena: At last, I earn my final promotion to Level 10 Scientist!
But I'm not quitting until I make the last three breakthroughs!

Serena: You're looking pretty proud of yourself, darling.
Caleb: Of course, dear. I just procured my fifth magic bean! Only the uncomfortable bean left!

Massimo: We arrive at Desert Bloom Park a little after 8 p.m.
Papa starts breaking open the closed off cave entrance then goes inside.

Caleb: Hmmmph, and people say I'm just a pretty face!

Lia: This is the first time I get to talk with Mama since my birthday this morning.
Mama agrees that I look a lot like Papa.

Unfortunately, yes. I was hoping for more of a mini-Serena.
Since Massimo looks more like Serena, maybe the siblings should swap genders…

Massimo: I would be hard pressed to choose which place I prefer, here or Sixam.
For me, the appeal of Sixam would be the alien flora and other rare collectibles.

In terms of sheer beauty, however, I'd rather be here at the Forgotten Grotto.
I mean, look, they have bats! I wonder if I could fish here even during daytime…

Wednesday

Serena: Lia is quite the Daddy's girl and Caleb is always happy to make time for her.
Whenever I look at Lia, I think she looks like Caleb.
But when I actually see the two of them together, her resemblance to him isn't that strong.
Is it? I do believe she has his eyes.

Penny: After a short break from painting portraits, I finally finish Caleb's.
He has such a great smile, but I couldn't quite capture it!

Serena: I'm done upgrading our wormhole generator!
Massimo hasn't found all the alien flora yet, so he can use this for his next visit.

Thursday

Jung: I've been asking Serena, Caleb, or Lilith for vampiric training whenever I can.
With three Grand Masters in the house, Massimo and I have been progressing quickly.
I more than Massimo, however, since he has many more duties as the heir.

Jung: Becoming a Master Vampire enables me to buy two tiers of Sunlight Resistance.
Just two more points until I become a full daywalker! Sweet!

Friday

Massimo: Very early this morning, I go fishing at the Forgotten Grotto with Papa and Jung.
I max Fishing and, though I know I could do better, my museum items are ready.
As you can see, I've submitted 3 sturgeons and 4 anglerfish for a total of $10,270.

Since I've run out of vacation days, I'm off to school today.
Only need two enemies now. You think I'll be able to move out tonight?

Serena: Why are you making me pick up then drop bags of trash?
Uh, Caleb needs some trash piles.
Serena: You know this isn't your Murkland save, right?

Caleb: Curses! I successfully lure her to a locked room and make her uncomfortable.
But she changes out of her Plantsim form before I can ask for a bean!

Caleb: Fine! I stand by the sidewalk with my trash piles, waiting for a plantsim to come along.

You'll notice Daichi walking away in the background.
These days, Daichi never cleans anymore unless I use my vampiric Command power.
But, of course, he makes a beeline to my trash piles, so I dismissed him for the day.

I do meet an uncomfortable plantsim.
Was he already uncomfortable or do we have the trash piles to thank?

Serena: Once Caleb obtains his sixth magic bean, he and the plantsim seem to reverse roles!?
Doesn't it look as if the plantsim is begging Caleb? But for what, exactly?

Anything Caleb's got to share belongs exclusively to me, you legume lackey!

Caleb: Not sure what that plantsim was asking me for, but I now have six magic beans!
And soon, we will have our very own totes-useless-to-vampires magical tree!

Quite frankly, I'm so impressed at how useful Caleb turned out to be!
He fully upgraded the rocketship, broke the entrance to the Forbidden Grotto, and gathered all the magic beans.
All without the help of reward traits or aspiration-based bonus traits. You rock, Caleb!

Current Status of the Zanna Household

Founder: Serena Zanna
*Completed requirements:
  Vampire Family aspiration
  Portraits (2): yes/$14,546 total
  Two tier-5 vampire powers: Tamed Thirst and Mist Form
  Garden: complete
  Careeer: Scientist (Level 10)
*Incomplete requirements: None.

Gen2 Heir: Massimo Zanna
*Completed move-out requirements
  Toddler skills:  Maxed all skills (Top-Notch Toddler)
  Childhood aspiration: Rambunctious Scamp
  Teen career: Manual Labor (Level 3)
  Good Friends: Serena Zanna; Daichi Yoshida, Paolo Rocca, Imane Al Fassi
  Aspiration: Bodybuilder (done)
  "A" in high school: yes
  Portraits (2): yes/$16,959 total (normal: $7,692/dark: $9,307)
  Skills (2): Fitness and Fishing (both Level 10)
  Collection: $10, 270 (Sturgeon: $2544, $2177, $1680; Anglerfish: $1496, $1189, $681, $503)

*Incomplete move-out requirements
   Enemies: (Daniela Dinero and Yukio Soma)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A Grotto Unforgettable (04/20)
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2017, 07:08:57 PM »
Perhaps Caleb's trying to make up for his sister's lack of being helpful?
Caleb and Lia together are just adorable!!  Daddy and his little princess.  I certainly hope she can find a helpful role...perhaps as a bride for another dynasty line?  Could this be Serena's evil plan to ensure her bloodline's victory by crossing into every other lineage?
Probably not.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Yukio's Swimwear
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2017, 02:56:31 AM »
@PeregrineTook
I think Caleb got a head-start with being useful because he was already a daywalker whereas Lilith had to wait and earn her points for sunlight resistance.
Also I was ignorant and didn't realize how convenient that Draught of Reconfiguration is. With rotational gameplay, sunlight resistance is so important! As you, Shana, Vlad, and my Jung have learned.
   You're right. I am considering curing Lia. Since she has the Serena/Caleb genes, I definitely don't want her to end up a mentoring spinster. As for evil plans, I'm just worried about keeping my vampires from frying these days. :-)

3.34  Serena Zanna (Part III): Yukio's Swimwear

Previously:
* Serena completes her requirements by maxing the Scientist career;
* Caleb breaks open the entrance to the Forbidden Grotto for his son Massimo;
* All three founders now have upgraded wormhole generators on their lots;
* Jung becomes a Master Vampire and a 2/3 Daywalker;
* Massimo maxes Fishing then submits both his museum portraits and collection;
* Caleb acquires his sixth and last magic bean.

Friday

Caleb: Since Massimo will be busy making enemies, I go ahead and water the stump.
After moving out, Massimo can come back to explore the tree.

And don't worry, you won't need to watch the whole magical tree process at every lot.
Just here. *smiles reassuringly

Lilith: I mix a Draught of Reconfiguration for myself then invite Daniela Dinero over.

I lose the Vampire Creation power but I guess unwatched vampires don't need it.

Because I'm chicken-hearted, I give Tamed Thirst to Lilith so she'll be less likely to prey on my other heirs' households.

Massimo: I'm surprised at how worn and haggard Daniela looks. No time for pity!

Daniela: So you're the one my boy Moss talks about in his sleep!

Massimo: You sorry excuse for a Plantsim! I bet sims be asking you for beans all the time!
Bwahahaha! *pretends to bite
Daniela: *steps back, protecting her neck

Daniela: Gah, don't you know that red isn't my color?
I wonder if the Gen3 Soma and Zanna heirs will fight with Moss instead of me?
Or will I forever be the Dinero scapegoat?

Massimo: By the time I finally declare the Dinero founder my enemy it's already 8 pm.

Caleb: As soon as Massimo stops yelling at her, I invite my buddy Yukio Soma over.

Serena: While Massimo waits for him to arrive, let me show you around the house.

You've already seen lots of shots of the first basement floor.
Besides the garden/yoga room, there's my science lab and a small woodworking room.

Below that is our new sleeping quarters.
The double-coffin room is for Caleb and me, and Massimo's room is across the hall.

Just to be safe, I put Lilith and Jung in separate rooms.
I've earmarked him for Massimo's son-in-law, not my brother-in law. *rolls eyes
This floor will be downsized before Massimo moves out.

On the first floor, the living/dining/kitchen area never felt quite spacious enough.
Of course, now that we can afford to expand the house, our household will decrease by half.

The bar's usually in family storage because all the adults will obsessively mix drinks.

All us vampires have moved to the B2 floor, so only Penny and Paola spend time on the 2nd floor.
Their bedroom is on the lower left, while Penny's painting studio is on the upper right.

Massimo: As soon as Yukio arrives, I lead him to the living room after a rude introduction.
I must confess I don't enjoy being mean to such a nice guy. And he's so pretty!

Massimo: Mama invites Morgan over for vampiric training but Morgan wants to chat with me.
Her timing's the worst!  Mama, can you please call Morgan downstairs?

Yukio exploits the distraction to slip in some friendly socials, that weasel!

Morgan: I was just trying to get to know him like you'd said I should!

Serena: Well, you see, Morgan, now is not a good time to get to know him.
It's nothing personal, honey. He's just a little busy at the moment.

Massimo: I'm not sure why he doesn't get angry with me like Daniela Dinero did.
Whenever I pause to breathe, Yukio just starts in with the friendly chat.

Massimo: Oh man, this is really tough! It'd be so much easier to be mean if he wasn't so cute!
Maybe I need some motivation!

Uh, hello, Massimo!? What's going on here? You asked Yukio to show you his swimwear?
Massimo: Yeah, I figured he'd look all bony and skinny, then I could hate him easier.

It says "Yukio Soma is too embarrassed to show you this outfit right now." I get that.
But why are you both happy and smiling?

You're right! I need to step my game up or this is gonna take all night.
Yukio Soma, you are a Class-A jerk for being so charming and cute when I'm trying to make you my enemy!

Massimo: Watchette, could you please make Yukio go away?
If I'm around him any longer, I might end up begging his forgiveness…

But why is he so friendly with me? Do you think that he…I… *gulps

Bah, no rest for the wicked, especially since I'm the next Zanna heir.
I secure the affections of my fourth roomie and now I'm ready to start moving out!

Morgan: But why is there only this one romantic image of us, Massimo?
There are at least a half dozen screenshots of you and Yukio!!! It's so unfair!

Serena: Get real, Morgan! What you and Massimo did, everyone's already seen before!
But Yukio Soma resisting Massimo's insults? That dude's a complete freak!

I mean why was he smiling when Massimo asked to see his swimwear?
For that matter, Massimo, why were you smiling?
Massimo: *pretends not to hear

Status of the Zanna Household

All move-out requirements have are now complete.

Coming next: Massimo moves out!

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Yukio's Swimwear (04/21)
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »
Great update!  Massimo is a cutie.  He is very photogenic.  My favorite shot is the one where he is sitting at the dining room table.

Congrats on completing the move-out requirements.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Yukio's Swimwear (04/21)
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2017, 05:28:35 PM »
I'm back!  Sorry I missed your updates.
I'm glad Jung's returned!  I forgot what he looked like.  Yep, still looks good.

Your chubby toddlers to chubby children are interesting... I have only played with 2 toddlers so far but neither of them had that issue...
Well one of them practically starved with me as a Watcher.  The other ate much better with the display case.  He didn't gain any weight though :)

Braddon is really interesting!  I agree I'm finding it kind of hard to pinpoint who he looks like.  How surprising that two similar looking guys can get together and have a child that looks like neither of them.  I guess I'm leaning a little towards Don, maybe.

I love the picture of Jung looking so proud after he's become a master vampire.
Also, I'm terrified at your idea of switching genders between Massimo and Lia.  I was so excited about Moss sneaking around and playing his violin out there and then you go and take it all away by talking about a gender swap!  No!

Bad luck about the plant sim changing out of form at the last minute!  And Daichi is too funny!
Also, I had never even connected Daniela's look to those of the plant sims.  D'oh!  I bet she's been having a great time all week :)

LOL, poor Massimo trying to become enemies with Yukio.  And Yukio keeps turning friendly on him.  Sheesh.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

anything