Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 180639 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Yukio's Swimwear (04/21)
« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »
Can't help but wonder if poor Morgan is going to be a neglected spouse while Massimo follows Moss and Yukio around like a lost puppy during the off weeks.
It's nice to see that they have such a nice house so we'll know exactly how much Massimo downgrades his living space/style after the move.  Poor rivalry heirs.  They don't get the pre-glorified houses like immortal heirs do.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Yukio's Swimwear (04/21)
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2017, 02:09:59 AM »
Gracious! The forbidden love duo has morphed into a forbidden triangle! The angles! So many surprising and titillating angles! The only trouble is I can't figure out the ship name now. There's no way to shove Yukio in the middle of Mossimo. I have tried!

I had to laugh that Yukio is so good-natured that even with the relationship that deep in the red, he was still happy and trying to make pleasant conversation. :)

The "pretend to bite" shot is really terrifying! Them fangs!

Oh, Caleb. So alluring the plant sims beg him! *shakes head*

Moss talks about Massimo in his sleep, eh? Awwww.

Gen two is taking over! So exciting!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Couplin' in Da Coffin [04/22)
« Reply #167 on: April 22, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
@Caterina
Thank you for reading! His big eyes give him an unusual look, but he's got an expressive face and he's great fun to play! I'm trying hard not to favor him…

@wfgodot
Welcome back! Hope you've been well! The Behrens must really miss you!
Yep, Jung's back and he's a full Daywalker now, so no worries about him burning up again.

I recently participated in the forum's Baby Boomer Challenge and at 25-30% of my nooboos aged up into chubby toddlers.  Not getting enough exercise in the bassinet?

Yeah, Braddon's a mystery so far. And he doesn't look anything like Rocco! *pouts
I'm looking forward to moving him and Bradly back into the active household.
Lol, about the gender swap, I was just thinking out loud since Lia looks so much Caleb.
Next time I go into CAS, I'm going to see what she looks like as a guy…
Massimo, however, will stay Massimo.

Massimo and Yukio are both crazy. They're in an "abhorrent conversation" and despise each other, yet they're all smiling and happy.

@PeregrineTook
I've been thinking hard on how I can make Morgan indispensable--her traits aren't that good for generating income.
Maybe learn Wellness and support everyone by boosting their moods?
   The hard part of this challenge is that the new heir always starts out with zero mood-boosting items. They can stock up on space prints, frogs, and whatever they produce (lol, Massimo only has fish and stuff from dig sites but Moss had paintings and Megumi had novels).
   I did discover a way to decrease my time spent on building houses for future heirs, hehe.

@FrancescaFiori
Massimo and Yukio's "fight" was hilarious. And I'd never had a sim too embarrassed to show their swimwear before, haha.

I was surprised to see Caleb and the Plantsim switch roles. My game must be glitched. You know, I had Serena and Lilith drink Draughts of Reconfiguration, but I don't remember if I had Caleb drink one, too. Lol.

Yay, all the Gen2 heirs moved out!

3.35  Massimo Zanna (Part IV): Couplin' in da Coffin

Previously:
   • Caleb grows the Forbidden Fruit tree (or whatever it's called);
   • Massimo quickly makes an enemy of Daniela Dinero but takes forever with Yukio Soma;
   • Massismo becomes good friends with Morgan and shares a first kiss.
   • Serena's house is downsized in preparation for half of the household moving out.

Saturday

Massimo: Ladies first! I've lit the candles on this birthday cake for you, Morgan!
Hmmm…I wonder what trait she gained.

I'm a little disappointed at the lack of fanfare for young adult birthday!
My third trait, by the way, is Family-Oriented.

It's 5 am when I finally move to Sandy Run, which is a 40x20 lot.
It's on the opposite end of east Newcrest from my parent's home.

From now on, each Zanna heir will move successively closer to the Zanna Museum.

The first thing I do is invite Morgan over and ask her to move in.
Just Morgan and not her family, despite the cash and furnishings they would have brought.

I already have three other sims in mind as my roomies.

Before moving out, I moved out Jung, my sis Lia, and Paola as a separate household.
I call a club gathering to summon the three of them here.

Paola and Lia are both children so I'll age them up.  You first, Lia!

Penny's adopted daughter Paola grows up into a very beautiful teenager.

As expected, Lia grows up a little chubby but nothing some jogging or yoga won't fix.

Now that everyone's moved in, let's check all the birthday girls' new traits.
Morgan Fyres: Outgoing, Good, plus Jealous. Boo!
Paola Pizzazz: Creative plus Cheerful. Nice!
Lia Zanna: Music Lover plus Vegetarian.  That works!

By the way, east Newcrest's four empty lots consist of Massimo's 40x20 lot and three 30x20 lots.
So I spent this afternoon building a 30x20 lot for my vampire heirs, which can be placed on all four lots.
Like a housing development for vampires.

To "legitimize" my recycling of this build, I've uploaded it to the Gallery (#carlsguiderdc).
The house is nothing fancy but it works with my gameplay style, it's spacious, and it's affordable.

The version with basic furnishings costs $28,728. Unfurnished, it's only $16,142.

Massimo: Jung and the girls bring $24,000 with them, boosting our household funs to $41,265.
We can easily afford the furnished version and have enough left for the wishing well. *pumps fist

The rooms of Paola and the future Gen3 heir are on the first floor.
Paola's room will be expanded into her painting studio.

The vampires all have coffins in the basement, where the garden is.
I'll be planting my own garden in the lower right corner.

As you can see, there' still space to add a Focused room or maybe a den.

And speaking of the garden, Jung and the girls start right in planting the main garden.

Once we complete the plant collection, though, we'll be focusing on the cash crops, carrots, and strawberries.

Morgan may not be a Plantsim, but I'd still like her to be "in the mood."

Decisions, decisions! If we try as bats, our heir will inherit the Bat Form Power.
But then, I've never tried for baby in a coffin before…
Heck, I've never even woohoo'd before, so let's try the bat one.

Arggh, they both disappeared! Where did they go?

Massimo: Come here, sweet thing!
Morgan: Gah, that coffin is so old and rickety! Where's the plush, satin lining?

Massimo: In a little while, you won't even notice, promise!

Morgan: A little before 8 am, I learn that I'm eating for two!

By the way, can you believe our watcher?
She actually moved a toilet into our bedroom so I wouldn't leave the basement floor! *rolls eyes

Massimo: Sorry, you guys! We got no time for your Welcome Wagon.
You know how busy life is on Saturdays!

Glad to see you found some sims to enjoy that fruitcake!

I join the Athlete career at Level 3, thanks to my A grade in highs school.
Thanks to the wishing well, I get an instantaneous promotion to Level 4.

Morgan: I'll be giving birth during Moss Dinero's Week 4.
We'd really like a girl, so I'm spending the day eating strawberries.

I'd listen to pop music, too, but we don't have a radio or stereo.

Jung: Because I'm Ambitious, Watchette urges me to join a career.
First, I join the Scientist career but then I switch to Painter.

Once I get Paolo an Inspired object and the better easel at Level 4, I'll go back to Scientist.

Hey, young ladies! It's only your first day in Massimo's new home.
Way too early to start dropping queues already!

You, Morgan! Why's that strawberry on the floor? Pick it up and eat it!

Massimo: I'd been saving this shot of Mama's museum portraits to share this week.
But I got so busy trying to move out in time, that I forgot!

Here's a map of what Newcrest looks like now.

Massimo: And here's how we three Gen2 heirs are doing at the end of Week 3.
Due to my good luck with the Wishing Well, I'm now slightly ahead.
Moss is only a L3 Art Critic and his wife is pregnant.
Megumi's a L4 Writer but she's still single.
She's waiting to age up teen Braddon and move him in next week.

The Dineros have the highest museum value, though the Zannas (especially, me) put up a great fight!
Total museum value:  Dinero/$57,804   -   Soma/$24,787  -   Zanna/$41,775

Coming next: Week 4 with Moss (parties), Megumi (Italian osteria), and Massimo

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2017, 07:19:38 PM »
Bonus Collage

A bonus collage to celebrate the end of Week 3 for all three Gen2 heirs!

During makeovers and updates to the Zanna Family Tree, guess who ends up looking better as a boy?
So, the teenage Lia is now officially teenage Lio.
Weird how my wish for a mini-Serena turned up a mini-Caleb instead...

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2017, 10:38:16 PM »
(Sigh) The curse of wishing for a clone of the mama but getting a dad-gene-heavy clone instead.
I definitely still have my doubts and questions about Massimo and Morgan's relationship, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.  Of course, not moving in Morgan's whole family means you have the opportunity to have Siobhan as a spouse for another generation (and can move in the folks too for the whole bankroll).

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2017, 09:25:55 AM »
Congrats on moving everyone out! That's amazing! And lol, I know what you mean about Caleb's genes. My boy Kieran is almost, but not quite, a clone of him too while his half-brother Donovan totally takes after the founder (like, so much it's almost as though there was no other parent). Still, Gen 3 is an adorable little girl with the best of both her parents so I can't complain too much.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2017, 03:07:31 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Where do I sign up to be a member of your "Where's Izumi's Genes"? club? But wait, why are you sighing? You have the adorable Ishikawa, though he can't be the heir.
I'm hoping to find a useful role for Morgan in the family--maybe dedicated caregiver and gardener. Maybe Jung could pollinate...for the sake of the community, of course.
As for the Fyres, yes, now that they're down to a 8-sim household, they've become a plausible (wealthy) household for moving in, esp. since Moira is L9 Gardening.

@dontmindme
Thank you! In my first attempt, I quit during the Restaurant household's Week 4, so I'll be catching up soon.
Lol, I see Caleb has been engaging in some hanky-panky in your game...half-brother? May I ask who the half-brother's lucky mother is?
I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few more questions about your challenge, cuz here goes?
1. What bloodline options are you playing? From your questions on the RDC thread, I can guess the Vampire and Vampire Hunger bloodlines. What's the third?
2. Which bloodline did you stick up north with the 20x15 lots? Part of me wishes I'd moved the vampires there since they can travel so quickly between floors.
    My restauranteurs are there on the theory that they'd spend a lot of time at their restaurant.
    But it turns out they spend most of their time at home, trying to earn $$ to build/remodel the restaurant.
3. So...which bloodline is living where? And are you playing in Newcrest or a different neighborhood?
4. Have you tried Good Vampire with an heir yet? Caleb almost completed Good Vampire my second attempt (didn't my first attempt).
    If Massimo had stayed home Saturday until 8 am, Caleb would've finished it, not that it really matters.
And I want to thank you again for your suggestion that lead to our early ageing-up rules. It makes this challenge more of a race (with less slogging)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2017, 11:31:11 PM »
@oshizu I don't mind talking about my stuff so ask away.

So, the vampire founder is male. I switched Caleb's nooboo-making gear when I moved him into the household. Hey, he's got the vampire creation power so, you know ;) Lilith's genes just didn't mesh well with founder Donal in testing while Caleb did. I don't need super pretty sims, I just need non-freaky sims. Donal is also a red sim, which his heir sadly did not inherit so we had to try again. Honestly Caleb was so attentive and sweet with Kieran, the man literally taught Kieran all of his toddler skills, and contributed so much else to the household that I didn't want to distract him from it. Dina Caliente is Donovan's mother, being the first sim Donal turned. Caleb was totally cool with the Dina one and done situation (obviously Dina had to continue living in the house) and was a great third parent to Donovan. It was a weird situation for a while but Caleb has always been Donal's number one.

1. I'm playing the Vampire, Vampire Hunter, and Alien bloodlines.

2&3. I'm just keeping each bloodline to their own neighborhood as it is easier to track down the road (ie if a Hunter house pops up in another neighborhood, it'll be easy to tell they won). The north does belong to the vampires but it was mostly because Alien rocket ships take up so much room and that the lots are close enough together for easy intra-neighborhood get togethers, ie meeting up at the park (with those tasty human snacks) doesn't require a ton of time and effort. The Hunters have the southern neighborhood because I just wanted them physically as far away from the vampires as possible and because they were the ones who I knew would afford the bigger lots and actually use them. For reference, the Aliens have yet to build a house because they don't need or want them at all due to their setup.

4. No, I haven't tried any other Vampire Aspiration yet. The early age-up after completed move-out requirements (basically, working on some adult requirements while waiting for your predecessor to finish) wasn't in effect when I played the last vampire heir, sadly, otherwise I might have considered it. Honestly, the timing thing is just too much in my opinion. One of the earlier Good Vampire tiers requires, I think, five days of not doing something. Twenty days total is just cutting it really close, especially if your vampire already has a head start in their career and garden. This could also just be a product of my situation. The Vampire Hunters are pulling pretty far ahead of their competitors- Gen Three will be born Week 4, Friday, and Gen 2 will have probably mastered Bodybuilder and reached Level 6 of her career by the end of that week. Gen 2 could well be finished by Week 5 (vampire lore is easy, curing vamps is easy with maxed fitness), with Gen 3 finishing in week six or seven. The Vampires, by contrast- at the end of Week 4 had level 4 Career, Tier 2 Vampire Family, Gen 3 born Monday after I left, and the base plants of the garden planted. Still better than the founder was but still a long, long way to go, much further than the Hunters. The Aliens...I've given up predicting what that bunch will do. I'm not saying that the Hunters are going to get that one extra house but the other lines should be worried. So, not a ton of room for experimenting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2017, 12:41:55 AM »
@dontmindme

It's interesting that two out of three our of bloodlines don't overlap. You must enjoy playing aliens. Like you, I really like Caleb as a founder's spouse.
I was so surprised how good he was at learning skills, even without reward traits. He must have some hidden "supersim" trait!

I strongly considered intermingling the bloodline at one point and even mapped out which heir would live where. The deal-breaker? The heir's garden won't grow when he leaves the neighborhood (like when they visit the founder).
Why don't the aliens need houses? Are they camping?

4. I've only selected Master Vampire and Family Vampire so far. Watching Caleb not finishing that aspiration in my two attempts just turns me off from that aspiration.
For me, the vampire bloodline's most time-consuming task is reaching Grand Master. I would love to see my vampires win, only because speed is their only chance of winning.

Haha, sounds like your aliens are being a handful? What is it about "that bunch" that makes them unpredictable?
Even if you don't have the time/interest for telling a story, I hope you're taking a screenshot of each heir's household.
When you finish, you could start a thread that is like a photoalbum of each bloodline. I would enjoy that!   :D
Of course, if that idea doesn't appeal to you, I'll just occasionally bug you with questions about what's going on with your families.  ;)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: I Need a Bad Girl
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
4.36  Moss Dinero (Part I): I Need a Bad Girl

Previously at the end of Week 3:
   • Moss moved into the 30x20 Asphalt Adobe lot with Aaradhya Kumar.
   • Krishna Bheeda, who ages up into a stubbled teen Ballywood heartthrob, and his parents move in with Moss.
   • Moss and Aaradyha get married, throwing a gold-medal wedding party.
   • Aaradhya gives birth to a girl, whom the game has named Kendra Kumar but she will soon be renamed.

Sunday

Caleb: Serena, my beloved, have you noticed that Massimo has started singing?
Serena: Yes, my darling. But why does he sing with a cigar in his mouth?

Caleb: You know that Morgan Fyres has the Good trait, right?
Serena: Yes, so what?
Caleb: Morgan shut our son down for coffin woohoo last night.
Haven't you ever seen Usher's live performance of "Bad Girl" featuring Beyonce? It's on Youtube.

Moss: Since the Zannas and Somas get new houses, we get a new one, too!
Aaradhya: We get a bit of a scare when our nooboo goes invisible!
I could still interact with her because I rolled the whim, but she was getting really hungry and I couldn't choose to feed her!

Moss: Yeah, none of us could click on the bassinet, either.
I totally panicked! After saving, exiting, then repairing the game, however, the nooboo reappeared.

Arun: In case you forgot, I'm a Level 10 Scientist now.
I'd like to make a few serums and maybe a single cloning machine before I quit for good.

Jessminder: I'm trying to avoid another promotion until I learn the Snagglefluster recipe.

And, yes, our garden's been moved downstairs so we can have a larger house!

Krishna: I contribute to household funds by crafting camping mascots.

You see how the woodworking table is enclosed by an ugly, indoor fence?
It keeps out everyone but me. Our watcher is such a control freak!

Aaradhya: I continue with the Painter Extraordinaire.
Moss and Jessminder have been taking turns mentoring me. It's been great!

Moss: I just checked your Painting level and see you've reached Level 7 Handiness! How did that happen!?
Aaradhya: Yes, I know, but I have no idea, especially since only Krishna can use the woodworking table.

Moss: We're getting ready to go out until quite late tonight, so we hire a nanny.
When Daichi arrives, he pauses at the top of the stairs into the courtyard.

I can almost hear Daichi thinking: "Hookah or nooboo?"
Aaaannnndddd he heads for the nooboo. Smart choice, Daichi!

Jessminder: I'm going to casually collect the magic beans.
Casually, in the sense that I won't be trying to change the Plantsims' moods.

Moss: Hey, Sergio! Are you selling stuff today at the Flea Market?
Sergio: Nah, I'm just here with Joaquim who's selling fossils over there.

Moss: I thought you'd be the spouse of Megumi, the Gen2 heir.
Sergio: Hmmmph, so did I!

Moss: Well, when our Gen5 heir is born, we might ask you to marry her, if you're still a bachelor!
Sergio: That's ages from now!
Moss: Not really. Our Gen3 heir will be a toddler on Wednesday. Anyway, think about it.

Jessminder: I can't remember if we've learned how to prepare all the Indian dishes or not.
So I eat one again along with Arun and Aaradhya.
Watchette, does this mean you're buying us a Chef's Station?

Arun: So, Aaradhya, when did you become a Spice Hound?
Aaradhya: That and my Level 7 Handiness are both mysteries.

Aaradhya: I think this seat's swatches will go better with our little Hookah Lounge!
Moss: Hey, I hear that you're not an alien after all.

Aaradhya: Yes, how embarrassing for me, right?
I mean I was forced to write that "I want a human/alien hybrid child" update!

Moss: Nah, you're fine! It's not our fault that the Return Home Menu mechanics have changed!

Aaradhya: After dining at the Spice Market, everyone but Jessminder leaves for Granite Falls.
I want to learn that woodworking schematic!

Krishna: We also find our three missing herb plants and enjoy some fishing.
Jessminder: I'll never get that Snagglefluster opp if you're never home while I'm working!

Monday

Jessminder: Arun, why is Daichi standing like that?
Arun: The reason, I guess, would be that he's stuck.

Jessminder (eyes him doubtfully): Do you think Daichi's really stuck?
Or could he just be pretending he's stuck, so he can do nothing yet still get paid?

Moss: I bring home a promotion on my first day of work and branch to Art Critic.

I can understand why Diego Lobo's in that image, but why Lily Feng?

Jessminder: We already have 3 out 6 beans and this dude is Aaradhya's old flame.

What? How dare he give me that ole "I’m not in the mood" spiel?!

I've vowed not to waste time changing moods. But what can I say? I'm hotheaded!
And oh look! I never knew I had a mean "Rile up!" social. How cool is that?

Jessminder: After I beat him up, the dazed Plantsim still won't give me a bean!

Oh well, not a productive use of my time, but still fun!

Moss: What a luxury to have three painters!
Aaradhya: I've joined the Painter career to try and get the Level 4 easels. It's the thing to do!

Moss: Since you love the outdoors, darling, you'll have your own outdoor space soon.

Arun: I'd completely forgotten that I still need 2 bestsellers to complete Bestselling Author!

It would be nice for Moss and all to have Books of Life, so I'm writing novels again.

Moss: It's great that you're enjoying some night fishing, Krishna.

What we really need you to do right now, though, is pump out those camping mascots!
Krishna: I was actually farming for satisfaction, but you're right! Our top priority is house value!

Moss: I've been thinking that it would be nice to have a son.
Aaradhya: I would love to see what our son would look like!

Aaradhya: That same evening, I learn that I'm eating for two!
Darn it, why did I take my pregnancy test in the only bathroom without wall coverings?

Moss: That's great news, honey! So, our nooboo arrives a day after our daughter becomes a toddler?

Moss: We add a fountain to our courtyard.
Maybe a pond would be better…but what happens to the basement if I add a pond?

Tuesday

Aaradhya: We get our daughter's birthday notice around 6 am.
We've named her Mina which means (according to Google) fish in Sanskrit.

While I wait for Moss to age her up, I again appreciate this fabulous rug of swirling ramen.
What? You want to know how I know that it depicts bowls of ramen?

That's easy--look at the slices of green onion,  naruto (whirlpool-patterned fishcake), and charsiu pork!
Not a vegetarian dish, but still a great-looking rug!

Moss: While I play with our now-toddler Mina, Aaradhya goes to plan her outfits.
Look how cute my wife is with her first-trimester baby bump!

Aaradhya: And here is our little verdant girl wonder!
She aged up with black hair which I, of course, dyed a dark green!

Status of the Dinero Line

Gen2 Heir: Moss Dinero
*Completed requirements
  Rewards: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree , Frugal

*Incomplete requirements
  Gold-medal Parties: Wedding party (needs 2 more)
  Mansion Baron Aspiration: (Tier III)
  Career: Critic/Art Critic (Level 4)
  Spouse: Aaradhya Kumar
  Children: Mina and another on the way

Gen3 Heir: Mina Dinero
*Completed requirements: None (Hey, gimme a break! I'm only a Day 1 toddler!)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A House Full of Win (04/25)
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2017, 05:22:40 AM »
4.37  Moss Dinero (Part II): A House Full of Win

Previously:
   • Moss replaces his house at Asphalt Adobe from the previous week with a new one.
   • Everyone focuses on making money to help upgrade the house.
   • Moss gets his first promotion and branches to the Art Critic career.
   • Mina, the Gen3 heir, ages up to a toddler Tuesday morning.

Tuesday

Aaradhya: Our little Mina ages up to a slightly chubby toddler.
Jessminder, would you mind preparing only tofu tacos from now on?
Jessminder: Yes, of course. Still, Mina is such a gorgeous child. Would you consider Krishna as…

Aaradhya: Actually, Moss and I have been wanting to talk to you about that.
We'd really like for our families to join together through marriage.

Arun: Would you mind not chatting with me while I'm trying to produce a bestseller?
Don't you have any work to do, Daichi? Once upon a time, you used to clean…

Moss: I choose to work from home today, but I go out with Jessminder first.

Jessminder: To complete our plant collection, we need a rose, a tulip, and a UFO plant.
Fortunately, I'm able to harvest the first two right away.

Moss: We'll need to visit Mama to try for the UFO plant. Maybe tonight.

Moss: When we return home, Mina is very tired, so I put her to bed.
Then I start on my work-at-home assignments, which are both very easy.

First, I spray graffiti for two hours.

Jessminder: Daichi does nothing most of the time he's at our home.
He got removed from all the Dinero clubs while we were still living with the founder.

This morning, he even prepared a non-vegetarian meal! I threw it out right away. Sheesh!

Moss: As my second work-at-home assignment, I write for two hours.
I end up with a bestseller which I submit to the literary digest. What luck!

Krishna: Mina wakes up from a nightmare so I go to comfort her.
But…she rejects me!

Jessminder: She hardly knows you, Krishna!
Next time, chat a little before going in for the hug!

Moss: Jessminder's off tonight so I decide to try for my remaining gold-medal parties.

My dinner party gets stuck on the "3 playful sims" goal.

Daniela: So why throw your parties here? I was hoping to get invited to your new place!
Arun: Krishna wants to be a Nerd Brain so he's using your rocket ship as we speak.

After a little more socializing, we earn a gold medal, anyway.

Moss: My house party is a great success!
Even though Mama grabs a slice before I can reach the cake, I'm still able to "Call to Meal" on the seven-slice cake.

Then, right when the party ends, Krishna returns with prizes from the Green Man!
A U.F.O. fruit!

Aaradhya: Despite my nausea, we visit San Myshuno after the parties to buy my carrots.
Jessminder: You are really looking unwell, dear.

Aaradhya: Here we are in our party outfits!
Moss reads to Mina while I eat carrots and listen to music.
I'm still deciding whether I want to try for twins or not.

Moss: Twins? What would we do with so many spare children?
Aaradhya: Forge political marriages with our rivals like in sixteenth-century Japan?

Wednesday

Arun: So, has Mom already spoken to you yet about your future, son?
Moss is hoping you'll marry his daughter Mina.

Krishna: But she's a toddler and I'll be a young adult in a week!
Arun: Don't underestimate the power of early age-ups, Krishna!
I bet you she'll be a teen before your young adult birthday!

Mina: Papa, I think you just completed your "Read to a child for 2 hours" goal.
Can we do something else now, please?

Moss: I see that Jung Story has been resurrected!
Looks like he's become a Daywalker, too.  Good for him!

Jessminder: So that's the Gen3 Zanna heir's future spouse!
Our Krishna needs to work out!

Mina: Wheee!!!
Among all the toddler animations, this pose has to be one of my favorites.

Daniela: You say you're interested in marrying into our family? What about the Zannas?
Wyatt: It's true that Serena has asked me to marry the Gen5 Zanna heir.
But that would require me to become a vampire, too. I don't know…

Daniela: With your looks and your L10 gardening, any family would be lucky to have you.
I'll talk to my son Moss and have him contact you soon.
And don't forget that our Gen5 heir will live on the biggest plot in all of Newcrest, Wyatt.

Moss: Ugh, my promotion comes with a new outfit which is sooooo not me!
I'm thinking the Art Critic outfits get progressively worse!

Arun completes Bestselling Author and writes his first Book of Life tonight.
Why do you insist on writing Moss's epic saga in the toddler's room?
Why don’t you like the living room sofa with its Comfort +8 rating?

I check on the others and return to find Arun here. I give up!
Arun: Actually, I don't understand the draw of the toddler's bed, either!
It's only Comfort +1!

Moss: I've called the three of you here to try out our new hookah set-up!
And to congratulate you for each completing an aspiration today.

Aaradhya: Thanks, darling! Painter Extraordinaire was a breeze with two mentors!
But I'll pass on the hoookah!

Arun: You're still new to this household, so I'll explain how things are, Aaradhya.
Every Dinero heir receives Vegetarian as their third trait.
Every Dinero home has a hookah lounge.
Hookahs are part of the Dinero tradition. You can't just "pass."

Aaradhya: Oh Arun, I only meant I want to pass tonight. For our baby's sake, you know?

Aaradhya: By the way, Krishna, Moss and I wish to officially ask you to marry into our family.
Moss: What do you say, Krishna?

Krishna: Considering the beauty of your mother and your wife, Moss, I say I'm a lucky man!
Arun (whispers): Why is the nanny leering at me?!

Arun: This is your first time with a hookah, son, so watch me carefully!

Krishna: Look, Dad! The nanny's applauding your hookah prowess!

Moss: Hahaha, our little Mina is also watching you very carefully, Arun!

Aaradhya: Indeed, Mina is certainly watching Arun with wide-eyed wonder!

*Completed requirements
  Gold-medal Parties: Wedding party, Dinner Party, and House Party

*Incomplete requirements
  Mansion Baron Aspiration: (Tier IV, $272,330/$350,000)
  Career: Critic/Art Critic (Level 6)
  Spouse: Aaradhya Kumar
  Children: Mina and another due Wednesday night

*Incomplete requirements:
  Skills: L3 Imagination and Thinking; L2 Communication, Movement, and Potty

A big thank you for reading!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A House Full of Win (04/25)
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »
I was a couple of updates behind!  Glad I'm caught back up with the action.
Krishna and Mina, eh?  Krishina?  Minshna?  Either way, that hug refusal shot will rather beautifully go alongside a wedding shot  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: The Mythical Guide (04/26)
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2017, 05:06:43 AM »
@PeregrineTook
Thanks for catching up!  Lol, I rather like Minshna. Does that mean you approve of the match?
Krishna is such a skilled sim and such a great helper with his woodworking. It would be a shame to just leave him idling with Moss when Mina moves out.

@wfgodot
In case you're still intereted, I included the info and shots regarding the Snagglefluster just for you.

4.38  Moss Dinero (Part III): The Mythical Guide

Previously:
   • Moss completes his requirement for three gold-medal parties.
   • Arun (Bestselling Author), Aaradhya (Painter Extraordinaire), and Krishna) complete their aspirations.
   • The gardener Wyatt Owen approaches Daniela about marrying into the Dinero family.
   • Moss and Aaradyha officially offer Mina's hand in marriage to Krishna who agrees. Yes, prearranged marriages with child brides is still a thing in some countries.
   • Everyone's working hard toward becoming Mansion Barons.

Thursday

Jessminder: I know, I know. I said I wouldn't try to change the Plantsims' moods.
But I'd like to get the magic bean hunt over with, you know?

Feels weird flirting with our nanny, but she does give me a flirty bean!

Moss: After a potty accident, Mina throws a fit so I give her a lecture.

Moss: Then I feel bad about lecturing her on her misbehavior and comfort her.

You could have comforted her right after her potty accident, instead of…dancing.

Jessminder: Hah! I only need to use my Rile Up! social twice.
This formerly uncomfortable PlantSim is now Very Angry.

Thanks for my sixth and last bean, lady!

Jessminder: This must be my lucky day!
Tonight I finally receive the Mythical Guide opportunity at work!

Naturally, I hand over $200 to the shady old man.

Moss: Around 6 pm, our house value exceeds $302,000.
After buying 4 Virtuoso Violins, I complete the Mansion Baron aspiration.

Thanks to everyone for pitching in with painting, woodworking, and gardening!

Krishna: Wow, Auntie Aaradhya, you're getting a massage in our front yard?

Aaradhya: Well, I guess we could build a room downstairs for massage and yoga.
But I'm too huge to waddle downstairs right now.
I'm not even sure why I'm getting a fertility massage…

Mina: Why does everyone want to read to me?
Krishna: Seems like you're supposed to max Imagination.

Mina: Why can't I just have a dollhouse?

Aaradhya: I go into labor in the courtyard, because that's where the bassinets are.
Thanks for optimistically placing two, Watchette!
No problem!

Krishna: No wonder I couldn't give you a bath, little girl! It's the nooboos!

The bath's been moved upstairs temporarily, so we're good now.

Aaradhya: I give birth to two healthy not-green boys.
I'm holding the firstborn Alfonso. I chose the first random name starting with A.

Moss: And I'm holding Jagger. Cool name, yeah?
I clicked the randomizer a few times and liked this name best.

Krishna: No, no, Mina! Don't splash me! I'm wearing a leather jacket.

Mina: (How is it fair that I'm in the bath but he's fully clothed!?)

Aaradhya: So, are you sad that the boys aren't green?
Moss: Our heir is green so it's fine if the boys aren't.

Aaradhya: I'm a little worried that we had them so late! Look what happened to Megumi!
Moss: Yeah, she will just barely have a toddler by Friday! Our Mina's way ahead!

Jessminder: What a great day! First the magic beans, then the Mythical Guide!
Am I awesome or what?

Mina: Are you taking my picture again because I just maxed Potty?
Do you mind? May I have a little privacy, please?

Arun: Are you serious about learning Vampire Lore, son?
If yes, I suggest you read that book instead of pointing your finger to the music.

Moss: Is my little princess ready for bed? Do you want a bedtime story?

Jessminder: After the nanny arrives, we head for Desert Bloom Park.
I make Snaggleflusters for everyone, at $50 a drink.

Moss: For the drink's 3-hour duration, I practiced yoga with Aaradhya and Krishna.
We all went from Level 2 to Level 6. That drink is amazing!

Jessminder: I need two more Charisma levels for my last Mixologist promotion.

Dude, there are four toilets! Why do you have to come use this one? Ugh!?

Friday

Moss: In the morning, we hire a maid for the first time.
She doesn't seem too happy to be here.

Aaradhya: She does a lot of simply standing around, so she's not very useful.
I guess it's nice that she cleans up after our slacker nanny.

I'm not amused that the adults autonomously "Watch" ever since the toddler patch.
It's not like you've never seen a hookah before, Moss!

Moss: We will not be aiming for Top-Notch Toddler with Mina.
Currently, she has L4 Imagination and Thinking, with L3 everything else.
That is, she's already earned the Happy Toddler trait.

We plan to age her up as soon as she maxes Imagination and Thinking.

Moss: My only remaining requirement is to max my career now.
I'm a creative type so I'll mostly leave Mina's mentoring to the others.

Jagger, I'm going to personally groom you to appeal to the vampires!
Maybe they'll choose you for the Gen5 spouse, then we can snatch Wyatt Owen!
We'll have to remember not to let you buy any reward traits, just in case.

*Completed requirements
  Gold-medal Parties: Wedding party, Dinner Party, and House Party
  Mansion Baron Aspiration: done

*Incomplete requirements
  Career: Critic/Art Critic (Level 6)

*Incomplete requirements:
  Skills: L3 Potty; L4 Imagination/Thinking; L3 Communication/Movement

Coming next: Mina ages up to a Happy Toddler (Dinero, Part IV)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2017, 08:06:06 AM »
Plotting to marry young Jagger into a rival bloodline for your own benefit.  Very Chinese Dynasty/Medieval Ages/much of history of you  ;=)
I notice Krishna is doing lots of the child care for Mina.  Quite the clever way to ensure they have a high relationship for when she ages up  ;=)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2017, 05:49:01 PM »
Oh, my goodness! Strategic spare breeding! Marvelous!

I'm so impressed with how rapidly Moss completed Mansion Baron! He's really in this race to win it!

Mina is so precious I can hardly stand it. She's very spunky and I love her throwing shade at the Watcher for taking potty pics and throwing water on Krishna's leather jacket! Too cute!

It really makes me smile that the hookah lounge is an official Dinero family tradition. :)