Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179225 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Erina and Akira (04/29)
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2017, 01:21:06 AM »
@wfgodot
You're exactly right about Massimo! He was all ready to move out in Week 3, but was waiting for the founder (his mom) to max her career on Tuesday so he could move out.
That first attempt failed on the day before he would have moved out!

But you remind me that I've been so caught up in "power-skilling" the toddlers in Houses 1 and 2, that no one even visited Massimo/Morgan's nooboo.
In fact, after a week of Murkland, I can barely remember who are in my Rival Dynasty households.

My whole alien fiasco was so ridiculous! I didn't even notice when the game changed--the Return Home Menu used to show only aliens & disguised aliens.

Hotheaded Jessminder has been really fun to play. In fact, I've really liked playing the whole Bheeda family.
I mean, Arun is a L10 Scientist who can write Books of Life! Jessminder has the Fresh Chef trait and can also mix Snaggleflusters. They're outrageously useful, lol.

Mina is really cute, but I can't wait to see the future boy.
Which future boy do you mean? Mina and Krishna's son (the Gen4 heir)? Or Mina's two younger brothers Alfonso and Jagger?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Nacho Mama Goes South (05/06)
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2017, 03:57:05 PM »
4.43  Megumi Soma: Nacho Mama Goes South

Previously :
   • Maaike adopts a daughter, a toddler named Erina;
   • The household works on its plant collection;
   • Bradly invents an Age-Away Serum for the first time;
   • Gen2 heir Megumi meets the gardener Wyatt Owen and continues her search for the best Gen4 spouse (yes, we like to plan ahead);
   • Megumi maxes her Writer/Author career on Friday afternoon;
   • Nacho Mama is now a 4-star restaurant with a resale value of $91,464;
   • Akira Soma, the Gen3 heir, ages up to a toddler early Friday morning.

Friday

Maaike: It's taking me forever to write five good novels.
Then I realize that I'd previously lived with the Dinero Mansion Barons.

All I did in that house was write novels--no childcare and no restaurant.

Erina: I only just moved here on Wednesday. I'm so happy to have left the orphanage!
Here, there are only two toddlers but five adults to look after us.

So different from the orphanage run by a single caregiver! There's even a nanny!

Erina: The other toddler's name is Akira.
I only have a mama, but Akira has a mama AND a papa. What a lucky boy!

Ulrike: I continue to paint and work as a painter.
Thankfully, I was allowed to adopt a child-stage daughter, instead of a toddler.

It's so exciting to think that my daughter will become the next heir's wife!

Ulrike: I'm sure Akira will come to adore my daughter Jun.
She's not only very pretty but also diligent and sweet.
Jun's working hard to become what she imagines would be an ideal spouse.

Megumi: By the way, Ulrike, did you hear the news about Massimo's wife Morgan?
Bradly visited them very briefly this morning, and guess what?

She had twins. The Gen3 Zanna heir has a twin sister!

Maaike: The Gen3 Zanna spouse, Jung Storey, is one of the Zanna founder's offspring, I hear.
Serena favors him so much that she even revived him after he fried to death.

Ulrike: And look how he spends his days now that he's a Daywalker!
He hangs out at parks, surrounded by ladies.  Tsk, tsk!
Lilith follows him around with puppy-dog eyes. She's just asking to have her heart broken!

Megumi: We're having a really bad at Nacho Mama!
Nanny Imane stands around our entire lunch shift, keeping other diners from eating and leaving.

During our dinner shift, I'm forced to criticize our waitress Ananya Banarjee.
She arrives late to work and out of uniform.

Ananya, however, insists that I'm being too hard on her.

You claim that you're doing your best, Ananya, then you leave for a jog?
I immediately hire a third waitress.

With Ananya gone, our other waiter must handle all the orders himself.
One couple tires of waiting and walks out, leaving us 2-star reviews. Ouch!
As soon as our new waitress has mid-level skills, I'm firing Ananya.

And notice that Nanny Imane is back for dinner, but actually sits and eats this time.

Whenever we prepare to travel to the restaurant, we get a popup notifying us that we can hire a nanny to stay with our toddlers.
A few tests show, though, that a hired nanny won't stay while we're at the restaurant.

We probably need to make the restaurant's backroom bigger.

Saturday

It's a little past midnight and we're waiting on one last table to pay and leave.
That's when I notice the vampire break-in.

I look around and find this unsavory fellow near the hostess station.

I try distracting this vampire (named Vladislaus Straud IV, it seems) so he'll leave.
Desperately, I even share photos of our last trip to Granite Falls.

He seems…unimpressed.

He finally leaves around 2 am, long after our last diners have gone.

Just as I prepare to close the restaurant, gather the household, and head home, it happens again.
Tonight's second vampire break-in is courtesy of Ayaka Mori.

She's the vampire who always vomits several times during every meal.
Is she unhappy that Braddon upgraded our toilets to be self-cleaning?

We can close the restaurant, thankfully, but our household remains stuck here.

Since Akira is awake, Bradly reads his grand-son a story.

Braddon has stopped chatting with Ayaka, thinking it might prolong the break-in.
How many hours have they been standing there on their phones?
Arrrgghhh!

Unaware of the vampire break-in, Akira rejoices over a successful potty session.

I feel bad for the Zanna family, but we're going to have to put up garlic wards.

Erina is exhausted, but Maaike keeps waking her up to scold her about "inappropriate behavior."

Maiike stops waking Erina up once Bradly locks the bedroom door. Sheesh.

Maaike: At 6 am, I complete my fifth Good Novel but we're still stuck at Nacho Mama.
I go outdoors to publish the 10 novels I've been hoarding for my Bestselling Author aspiration.

Everyone's sick and tired of being stuck at the restaurant for 11 hours!

The break-in ends at 6:30 am (!) and everyone finally gets to go home.

Megumi: We open for dinner around 8 pm tonight.
It's a good thing I hired a third waitress yesterday.
That slacker Ananya doesn't even bother to show up this evening!

Though the Big Switch occurs at midnight, we stay open.
We're waiting for Nanny Imane and her loser companion to pay up.

At 3 a.m., we finally give up and close the restaurant.
The next time our simverse gets overpopulated, I'm requesting that Nanny Imane be deleted!

Alas, our fourth week started out so promising but our last two days were the worst ever!

Week 4 Status: Soma Line

Gen2 Heir: Megumi Soma
*Completed requirements:
  Career: Writer/Author (Level 10)
  Restaurant: Nacho Mama, Resale value: $112,303

*Incomplete requirements
  Star rating: 4.0 stars

Gen3 Heir: Akira Soma
Skills: L3 Comm/Imagin; L2 Potty/Thinking; L1 Movement

Author's Notes

Vampire Break-ins:
I blame them on those horrid diners who stay for 5+ hours without paying/leaving. Does anyone know who to "persuade" them to leave?
Nanny Imane's meal was already comped and even offering free drinks later didn't get her to leave. She sat there for 7 hours!
Ideally, I'd like to open the restaurant from 11:00am to 2 pm, then 6pm to midnight.  Oh well.

Toddler Skilling:
It's official! I'm going to age up my toddler heirs as soon as they become a Happy Toddler with two maxed 5-level skills. No more Top-Notch Toddlers in this challenge.

Speed Run:
The end to Top-Notch Toddlers is part of my general desire to move through this challenge more quickly.
I'm switching to a "Speed Run" style for this challenge in the hope of completing it before the various requirements wear me down.  ;D

Thank you for reading!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2017, 05:21:04 PM »
What a rotten string of bad luck at Nacho Mama! Lousy waitresses, errant nannies, and back-to-back vampire break-ins! What next! Still, Megumi & Co. seem to be doing very well despite all this. I'm personally very excited about this family because I just got to Jun and Akira in Food Wars over the last couple of days and I like them so much! Erina's still a total snot, though, but I'll take your word for it and keep reading. :)

I'm excited to see how things progress in a speed run! I applaud you for you decision to aim for Happy Toddlers instead of Top-Notch, but that might just be because even the thought of raising Top-Notch toddlers makes me tired.

Congrats to the vampires on the twins! I can't wait to meet them!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
Has the restaurant hit 5 stars yet?  If so, couldn't you just open it and immediately close?  That would maintain the 5 star rating without risk, and follows the rules (unless someone has amended that on the thread).
It was nice hearing a bit from Erina about how delighted she is with her new life and role.  And Jun, dear sweet Jun, working hard to be the ideal dynasty spouse.  Of course, Lilith is also working to be an ideal spouse, but that mean old Jung just seems unreceptive.  Poor Lilith  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2017, 06:27:19 PM »
@FrancescaFiori
I've never ever had back-to-back vampire break ins before! I was totally shipping Jun & Akira until I realized how much their ages differ, but Jun looks very young for her age. Hurray for spring/winter pairings, lol!
Possibly, the more you dislike Erina at the start, the better the experience when you find you've started to like her? Her sister's very cool, too! Their father, ugh!
After the Murkland Challenge, playing the Rival Dynasties was starting to feel like a chore, to be honest. So I'm somewhat abandoning super-skilling for the sake of speed. I'll just be meeting the minimum requirements for ageing-up toddlers early.
I think my enthusiasm for toddlers has flagged considerably since playing the Baby Boomers Challenge, even though I enjoyed it to pieces.

@PeregrineTook
No, the restaurant only started this week and stayed at 4 stars on Friday and Saturday. But I've placed conquistadore statues (um, knights) so maybe the rating will improve.
What you mentioned about opening/closing sounds fine to me. For my first restaurant, I hit 5 stars then did 2 additional lunch shifts.
I love Erina so much, haha. And yes, Jun will be fabulous! As for Jung, Lilith has been told that Jung will marry the Gen3 Zanna heir so she's just being not-smart.

Btw, when I asked in the RDC thread about ambrosia as a museum item, I was told Potions of Youth must be purchased by a non-vampire. That gave me a big scare.
But I checked how ambrosia was prepared to revive Jung Storey and found that he gained one from the Wishing Well. Phew!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Just Friends (05/07)
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2017, 01:59:20 AM »
4.44  Massimo Zanna (Part I): Just Friends

Previously in Week 3:
*At 5am Saturday, Massimo moves out to the 40x20 Sandy Run lot in east Newcrest;
*His new housemates are:  Jung Storey, Morgan Fyres, Lia Zanna, and Paola Pizzaz;
*Morgan Fyres, Massimo's "spouse," is eating for two by 8 a.m. of the same day; and
*Massimo joins the Athlete career but, thanks to his high-school grades and the Wishing Well, ends the week as a Level 4 Dance Team Captain.

Sunday

Massimo: Took you look enough to get here!
My brother Lio and I are almost out of vampire energy, so we're both going to sleep some.
Be sure to wake me up in three hours so I can get ready for work!

Jung: To refresh your memory, Morgan, Lia, and Paola caked up right before moving in.
Morgan became a young adult, while both Lia (who changed into Lio) and Paola became teens.

Sshh, here's a funny shot of Lio as a toddler. Don't you dare tell him I showed you this!

Jung: Morgan gave birth to twins, which nobody expected or especially wanted.
With her traits of Good, Outgoing, and Jealous, she's still looking for her niche in the household..

Massimo spends all his time trying to make progress in his career and aspiration.
So he's asked Morgan to focus on childcare, gardening, and Wellness.

Jung: Paola Pizzazz is Penny's adoptive daughter. She's going to be a great artist!
She attends high school with Lio and paints as her contribution to the family funds.

Jung: Our household starts out this week with only around $11,500.
Despite my maxed handiness, though, I discover I never learned to carve camping mascots.
A lightning-quick trip to Granite Falls remedies that.

I meet this gorgeous sim during my brief stay at Granite Falls.
Yumiko Kobayashi is a massage therapist. Could she be a good spouse for the Gen4 Zanna heir?

Too bad she's an Outgoing, Cheerful Kleptomaniac.
A klepto housemate's "need to steal" would be more trouble than she's worth.
Especially if you consider that most of a starting vampire household aren't daywalkers.

For now, I'm the only daywalker in the house, so I do whatever I can to help out.
Of course, the others could drink Daylight Reversal Cocktails.
But daytime outings are extremely low on Massimo's priority list right now. Understandable.

See all the metals lined up on the yard sales table at the Flea Market?
Neither do the other buyers! I buy them all while they're still making up their minds!

The vendor is also quite pretty but I forget to ask her traits.
What!? You think it's too early to be hunting for my daughter-in-law!?!?

Massimo: After my first day of work, I see Count Vlad strolling in our hood.
First I ask him for training, then we spar a bit.

One of the best tips my parents gave me: Start boosting vampire rank as quickly as possible!

Monday

Massimo: Except for Morgan who stays home with the kids, we all go to Desert Bloom Park after midnight.
I invite along my parents, Serena and Caleb, to train Jung and I.
I also cast Detect Personality on every sim at the park, some of them multiple times.

By daybreak, I've achieved Master Vampire status.
You just keep walking, Luna Villareal! You spoiled, rich girls are all alike!

We hurry home to protect my little brother Lio, who isn't a daywalker yet.

Massimo: I don't really understand Morgan. With no job, she has a lot of free time.
Yet she's never autonomously productive and tries to distract others who are.

If Watchette doesn't intervene, she will simply ignore the nooboos' crying.
Here, she's dropped her queue to autonomously reread a skill book below her level. Ugh.

Don't worry, little ones. Mama doesn't care much, but I'll always have time for you!

I wasn't expecting twins so I didn't leave out a bassinet before the Big Switch last week.
That's Vitoria on your left (yellow bassinet) and Laura on your right (pink bassinet).

But Vitoria received her "almost xx's birthday" notice before Laura received hers.
So we know now that Vitoria is the firstborn and the Gen3 Zanna heir.
(By the way, Laura is pronounced as 3 syllables: law-ooh-ra.)

Massimo: I came home last night after a hard day's work to find Morgan tense and uncomfortable.
And she's stayed that way continuously up to this evening.

She's tense because her jealousy makes her feel insecure.
She's uncomfortable because she spills water all over the basement when she waters the garden.
Jung: I've never met someone who spends more time mopping up after herself than watering.

Massimo: I know readers will dislike me for my decision, but I have a race to win!
So much to do in such a short time!
I don't have time to deal with all of Morgan's personal drama.

That's why I ask Morgan to be just friends tonight. Now she has nothing to feel jealous or insecure about.

Massimo: Afterward, I train her and we do a little sparring outdoors.
Then Morgan stays behind with the nooboos and the rest of us head to Desert Bloom Park.

Tuesday

Massimo: We spend all night at the park again to boost our vampire ranks.
Always a lot of sims and vampires at Desert Bloom Park for our Detect Personality or Spar socials.
And dueling!

When we get home soon after dawn, the girls receive their birthday notices.
Immediately, I age up the heir Vitoria while Jung ages up Laura.

I give them both new wardrobes and recolor Vitoria's hair to black.
As you've noticed, I'm sure, each dynasty has its characteristic hair color.

Green for Dinero heirs, lavender for Soma heirs, and black for Zanna heirs.

My favorite pattern is Inquisitive for the heir and Independent for additional toddlers.
Just for a change, though, both girls have the Independent trait.

Around noon, I reach the highest rank of Grand Master Vampire.
The first thing I do is mix a Draught of Reconfiguration to rearrange my vampire powers.

For example, I select Mist Form to replace Bat Form.

I recently read that the Sadness Alleviation herbal remedy counteracts the Eternal Sadness weakness.
That sounds very cool.
Call me selfish, though, but I'm not willing to try that on myself!  Volunteers, anyone?

Morgan:  Due to my poor potty guidance, Vitoria is sad about her potty accident.
When I try to comfort her, she rejects me!

Dracu-Bat: Check your relationship panel, lady! You two are barely friends! Just barely!

Massimo: I finish up my daily task before my shift starts this afternoon.

I've already branched to the Pro Athlete career.
Let the Dineros with their reward traits, huge lots, and bags of cash do the Bodybuilder career!

And anyway, I know I'm looking fly!
I don't need no pretentious workout threads with belt weights!

Morgan: I hire a vegetarian caterer to make food for the girls.
They aged up on the plump side but the nanny insists on making high-calorie dishes.

I'm surprised to learn that our caterer, Erika Ishikawa, works as a waitress at Nacho Mama.
Why wouldn't she try to work there as a chef instead?

And yeah, it definitely sucks that Massimo more or less dumped me.
But, at least, I'm no longer in an emotional frenzy all the time anymore.
I don't know. This isn't the perfect life but it's not the worst, either.

You know what song's been on my mind lately?
That 1949 recording of Just Friends by Sarah Vaughn with Count Basie

Morgan (hums): Just friends, lovers no more. Just friends, but not like before…

Jung: Massimo and I have done really well today!
Massimo is very, very close to his Level 7 promotion.

Massimo: Yep, you'll remember that Moss ended his Week 4 at Level 7 Art Critic.
So, technically, I'm ahead. Darn Megumi, how did she max her career so fast!?

Jung: As for me, I earn the new easel as part of my Level 4 painter promotion.
Then, I quit and join the Scientist career.
Thanks to the Wishing Well, I start tomorrow at Level 2!

Gen2 Heir: Massimo Zanna
*Completed requirements:
  Two tier-5 vampire powers: Mist Form and Immortal Pleasures

*Incomplete requirements:
  Career: Athlete (Level 6)
  Master Vampire aspiration: Tier IV
  Garden: (waiting on Cowplant, Dragonfruit, and Deathflower)

Gen3 Heir: Vittoria Zanna
*Completed move-out requirements: None

*Incomplete move-out requirements
  Toddler skills: L2 Potty/Movement/Thinking; L1 Communication/Imagination
  Childhood aspiration: (Artistic Prodigy)
  Teen career:
  Good Friends: (Serena Zanna; xx, xx, and xx)
  Aspiration: (The Curator)
  "A" in high school:
  Portraits (2): xx/$ total (normal: $xx/dark: $xx)
  Skills (2):
  Enemies: (Dinero and Soma)
  Collection (7):

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
Oh, Massimo! Your dedication to the cause of winning is so admirable. It almost makes me forget there's perhaps another reason your romance with Morgan was never going to go anywhere . . . ;)

The twin girls are as adorable as they are inconvenient! Both independent, eh? Oh, Watchette. Your toddler ennui is showing a bit.

I enjoyed getting a peek at the next gen's spousal prospects! Never too early, I say!

Lio's musical throwback toddler picture cracked me up!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »
Oh, Massimo! Your dedication to the cause of winning is so admirable. It almost makes me forget there's perhaps another reason your romance with Morgan was never going to go anywhere . . . ;)
Thanks to the keen memory of "someone," Massimo, we are soooo busted. LOL
I just read on another thread on this forum of the joys of playing a jealous sim, but she was Tense and Uncomfortable for practically 2 days straight plus she ignored the nooboos.

Haha, I'm doing an experiment with the Independent trait. *whistles innocently
Actually, the heir is getting attention all the time while the spare gets attention when a second adult is available.
I'm curious to see how the spare's traits compare when the heir's ready to age up.
What I've learned so far: An Independent heir gets defiant and has tantrums A LOT more than an Inquisitive sim. Pretty sure I'll go back to Inquisitive heirs.  ;D

Thank you for calling Lio's image a "musical" throwback. You are prophetic!
When Massimo caked him up, the game gave him the Music Lover trait, hahaha.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
I'm here with more super-late comments on chapters that happened a long time ago!
I'm talking about 4.37 and on.

I'm glad to see Daichi is keeping up with his ways.  Okay, not glad, just highly amused.  He was such a useful guy, too!
And I remain baffled by your chubby toddlers.
Moss looks exceptionally handsome in that picture of him leaning towards the computer.  And Aaradhya does in the pic where Moss is reading to Mina.

I'm glad Krishna will be marrying Mina!
Congrats on Alfonso and Jagger!  Two very different names for twins!  I like Jagger a lot.
Mina!  You're too young to be itching to see Krishna with no clothes!  Even less clothes! 
That Snaggle Fluster really IS amazing.
I have to laugh at Moss's sudden surprise upon noticing the hookah.

Daichi ignoring the twins!  lol.  Should have guessed he was the cause for the fussing before I scrolled down and saw him.
Look at the boys!  So cute watching the hookah!

Braddon is crazy thin!!!  I'm excited to see him again!  And I'd forgotten all about Jun.  She's so adorable.
Excited for the Mexican restaurant!  It looks so awesome!  I love how you chose a lot in Oasis Springs for it, too.  Naturally!  Nacho Mama!

Maaike IS cute!  Wow!  Brilliant, Bradly.
I love the shot of Megumi staring into Braddon's soul as she walks past.
LOL...  your new pear-shaped hire :)  And your jogging waitress!
That's a party outfit for a ranger!  Anything goes, as long as it's plaid!
Braddon's shots are stunning!  I didn't think he looked much like either of his fathers but apparently it's all in the hair!  Cause he totally does!  I like his new look, though.  He's really good looking in his purple shirt while his Brad-dad mentors him.

I'm happy to see Maaike gets to be a mother!  Erina is really cute!  Both before, and after, the makeover.  And she's not chubby!
Congrats on your wishing well successes.

I can no longer recall what I meant when I said future boy.  I'm assuming I meant the younger brother - though at the time I didn't know there'd be 2 of them.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2017, 07:01:22 PM »
Daichi has been such a mystery! I think adding him to 3 different dynasty clubs must have glitched him somehow.
He used to only make vegetarian-safe meals but he's stopped! I think he does it to torment the Dinero household!
For a brief moment, I wondered if he'd improve if I married him into one of the households, but probably he'd get worse!!!

Oh well, the Scientists have their sim-rays and vampires have their Command power. The nannies can always be forced to clean!
I'm still curious about butlers...maybe when I return to the rich Dinero household--they have the space and the money to afford a butler.

The Snagglefluster is always available at my restaurant, but being able to mix them anywhere is so handy!
The kiddies are all so cute! The game mocks me, though, giving me a single birth when I hope for twins, then giving me twins when I want a single birth. *shakes fist

Braddon really needs to do some weightllifting--he's L6 Fitness already though and he still has a weird body shape, not a pear but still weird.
Especially if I compare him to Massimo. No that it really matters.
I'll only be playing the Gen2 households for another week or so. LOL

I'm glad you're like all the kids. I'll like them even better when they age up to children!
Thanks for catching up!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2017, 09:46:09 PM »
Poor Morgan.  I mean, I understand the logic, but still.  She's a lovely redhead!  I'm unfairly biased and sympathetic.
I was confused by Lio at the beginning.  Glad you explained that.  Otherwise, I'd still be wondering where this random sibling came from.
Daughter-in-law hunting already?  Funny stuff!  I recommend finding ones named Izumi  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2017, 10:21:20 PM »
@PeregrineTook

I know you were never very optimistic about Massimo and Morgan, but the Jealous trait made her more than I wanted to deal with.
When we cake up sims before moving them in, we are taking a risk at their traits. Morgan got the short straw when she aged up.

I posted a collage of Lia and Lio at the end of Week 3, but I don't expect everyone to remember all my sims.
I'm trying to write in a way that minimizes confusion for everyone, myself included.

Jung hasn't encountered an Izumi yet, but the family name of Nacho Mama's new waitress is Ishikawa.
I like your new avatar--we can see Izumi even more clearly now!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: She's Off and Running! (05/09)
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2017, 10:37:50 AM »
4.45  Massimo Zanna (Part II): She's Off and Running!

Previously:
   • Morgan's jealousy causes her to be constantly tense, so Massimo asks to be just friends (they were not engaged or married);
   • Vitorio and Laura Zanna age up to toddlers on Tuesday morning;
   • Jung Storey, who will eventually marry Vitoria (the Gen3 heir) gets a head start on spouse hunting for their child;
   • Massimo becomes a Grand Master Vampire with full Daywalker capabilties; and
   • Jung quits his Painter job to become a Scientist.

Wednesday

Massimo: In the middle of the night, we all go tense when Paola discovers a fire.
Her door is locked so we can't help but she extinguishes it herself.

I never knew that a ceiling light could spontaneously combust! Weird.

Massimo: The fire wakes up the girls, so Vitoria asks me to help her with potty.

Vitoria, we're trying to reach the end of Week 4 in this update, so please refrain from being so adorable!
We don't want an update full of toddler spam!

Lio: In case you're interested (or even if you're not), here's a shot of our completely grafted garden
The front row is for fruit, veggies, and flowers.
The back row holds our herbs grafted with dragon fruit, UFO plants, and alien flora. Kaching, every single day!

Massimo: Don't take it personally, Morgan.
Jung, Paola, and I need to be at our peak conditions for what we are doing.

See? Lio is also taking one for the team, too!

Vitoria: Mama tells me that this vampire will someday become my groom.
He's not so great at reading to children. That hissing really spoils the immersion.
Otherwise, though, I think I can work with this.

Thursday

Massimo: Every minute of the day, you'll find my girls looking painfully adorable.

We visit Desert Bloom Park so I can boost my Charisma.
Jung becomes a Grand Master Vampire while training with my father.

That's wonderful news for Vitoria, because Jung can continue training her after she moves out.

My co-workers tell me they've seen Wyatt Owen around town with the Dineros and the Somas.
I'm not sure what to think of that. We might do better by our Gen5 heir than Wyatt.

Still, I need to raise my charisma so we chat away.
I also remind him that he would regret two-timing us (even if we're not sold on him completely).

When Jung leaves for work, I realize that I'm off today. Why not go to Nacho Mama?
A brief moment of confusion ensues upon arrival.

Apparently, some non-waiter renegade shows up wearing the waiter's uniform.
Look at the two of us with the cook! We make a little trio of red and black!

You are wondering why I'm here, no doubt, since I have a withered stomach.
Just here for the Snagglefluster, folks.

What a shock to see Jacques Villareal dining with that food critic.
Isn't he The Brains of a secret, evil criminal organization?
For some reason, I'd always imagined him with someone much edgier than her…

Maybe she invited him to request an arranged marriage between her son and his daughter?
Nah....that couldn't be it!

Friday

Lio: In the wee hours, I roam the neighborhood, detecting the personality of every sim I meet.
And then I feel a jolt of electricity when my gaze falls upon her!
Even though she's a lazy slob, we're both music lovers! Could she be "The One" for me?

Well, it doesn't matter. I'm probably destined to live a lonely life like Auntie Lilith.
You don't have to be lonely, Lio. But have your fun while I'm with the other houses, okay?

Laura: Look at me! I'm just as cute as Vitoria but I'm in fewer pictures! Boo!

Massimo: I take the girls to visit Mama, but they can't interact with her at all.
Vitoria eagerly does flash cards with her Uncle Lio.
Laura gets frustrated by Paola's poor flash card skills and throws a big tantrum.

Massimo: When I lecture Laura on her misbehavior, she gets so sad.
Instead of comforting her, though, I can "express love" because I'm family-oriented.

Massimo: Morgan did a terrific job of boosting Vitoria to Level 5 Imagination while I was working!
Only another half level in Communication and she'll be ready for her birthday!

Massimo: My dragonfruit matured tonight which completed my garden!
I'm putting the cowplant away until Vitoria's completed her requirements.
There's no doubt that the other plants will all stay healthy until then!

Saturday

Massimo: Vitoria and I work on her communication skills.
And just past 3 am, papa's little girl ages up to a child.

Massimo: Here's my little girl, the Gen3 Zanna heir Vitoria!
That's me as a child next to Morgan.
Vitoria really takes after me and my mother, don't you think?

Vitoria: Wow, this is so cool, Paola!
I get to draw in your super-exclusive painting studio while you encourage me!

It makes me feel so special that I drew a macaroni rainbow, just for you!
By the way, is everyone locked out of this room or are you locked in?

Jung: I had such high hopes for Kyra Gupta as my future daughter-in-law!
She's already a Grand Master Vampire and she's a chef at Shimuzu restaurant.

But tonight, I learn that she's not very intelligent.
She's breaking into our house!  Can you believe that? Our house! What nerve!

Massimo and I also considered Candy Behr cuz she's so pretty, but she has reward traits already.
Are married women out, because I can think of one who's a total package…

And yes, we're still talking about my daughter-in-law.

Massimo: At Level 9, I'm only hoping that the Wishing Well would max my performance.
Imagine my surprised delight when I max my career tonight instead!

Moss Dinero is a Level 7 Art Critic and Akira Soma (Gen3 Soma heir) is still a toddler.
Looks to me like the Zanna dynasty is officially in the lead right now!

Vitoria: Right around 10 pm, I finish Artistic Prodigy and light my birthday candles.
Everyone takes forever to drag their feet to the kitchen.
Then, only one of them even cheers to congratulate me. Sheesh!

Well, here I am, looking a lot like Papa and Grandma Serena!
(Come to think of it, I've never even met Grandma Moira.)

My aspiration is The Curator, so those dig sites better be ready and waiting!

Week 4 Status: Zanna Line

Gen2 Heir: Massimo Zanna
*Completed requirements:
  Two tier-5 vampire powers: Mist Form and Immortal Pleasures
  Garden (6 plants): done
  Career: Athlete (Level 10)
*Incomplete requirements:
  Master Vampire aspiration: Tier IV

Gen3 Heir: Vittoria Zanna
*Completed move-out requirements:
  Toddler Skills: Happy Toddler (L5 Communication & Imagination)
  Childhood aspiration: Artistic Prodigy
*Incomplete move-out requirements
  Teen career: Barista (Level 1)
  "A" in high school: C
  Skills (2):
  Aspiration: The Curator (Tier III)
  Good Friends: (Serena Zanna; 3 more)
  Portraits (2):
  Enemies: (Dinero and Soma)
  Collection (7):

Week 4 Comparison

The Zanna line pushed ahead to the leading position this week.
   • Gen2 Heirs: Moss Dinero is ahead in terms of requirements, but Massimo is ahead when viewed from career and requirements combined.
   • Gen3 Heirs: Vitoria Zanna is a teen, Mina Dinero is a child, and Akira Soma is a toddler. Nuff said.

Coming next: Week 5 with the Dineros

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: She's Off and Running! (05/09)
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2017, 11:01:45 AM »
Vitoria and Laura were such beautiful toddlers.  I really enjoyed all of the toddler pics in this update.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Gonna Send Ya Back to Schoolin' (05/10)
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »
5.46 Moss Dinero (1/3): I'm Gonna Send Ya Back to Schoolin'

Previously in Week 4:
   • Moss completes all his bloodline requirements except for maxing his career.
   • Jessminder learns the secret Snagglefluster recipe;
   • Aaradhya gives birth to twin non-green boys named Alfonso and Jagger;
   • Moss plots to marry Jagger to the Gen5 Zanna heir; and
   • On Saturday, Mina the Happy Toddler ages up to a child and becomes a Whiz Kid.

Week 5/Sunday

Moss: That Massimo has really turned up the heat, but I'm not worried!
This morning, the Wishing Well grants me a full promotion to Level 8.

But the real issue is not my progress, but Mina's progress…

By the way, Krishna's working on Bestselling Author, as you may recall.
It's great having someone to chat with while writing!

Moss: A little bird told me that Massimo broke up with Morgan Fyres last week.
Earlier, I'd heard he never proposed to her and wondered what was going on with them.

They haven't let their break-up affect their children's progress, though.
The Zanna heir, Vitoria, absolutely tore through all her requirements. Pretty amazing!

And me? I haven't forgotten Massimo but things have been quite busy around here.
We have two more toddlers, remember?

Mina: Thank you for mentoring me, Uncle Arun!
A little more chess and I'll only need an "A" grade to finish Whiz Kid.

Arun: Tomorrow's your first day of school so you'll be finished soon!
Too bad the Wishing Well hasn't treated you generously.
Mina: I know! I keep getting the "try again later" message! Boo!

Moss: Smart move sitting in the center of the sofa, Aaradhya!
That way, the boys can sit on either side of you while you're reading!

Aaradhya: Wait a sec, boys. I think I hear my snark alert beeping…

Aaradhya: Mina was an Inquisitive toddler, but the twins are both Independent.
Unlike Mina, the boys throw tantrums a lot and hate not doing what they want.

Those rascals even get a positive "On my own" moodlet when playing by themselves.

Mina: Papa says Krishna will go with me when I move out.
And did you know Krishna's a geek?

I plan to max Video Gaming then become a Startup Entrepreneur, so I welcome Krishna as a roomie.
In fact, I hope I get the Geek trait when I age up, too! Then we can geek out together, for real!

By the way, I'm trying to max my Motor skill, while waiting for my "A" grade.
Too bad I'm not allowed to switch aspirations!

Moss: Late at night, we visit Mama's home to plant the Mystical Magic Bean Portal Tree.
We almost plant it on our lot, but I think it's better on a lot where it can be left out.

It grows immediately and I step inside the tree.

I emerge a little later with a Forbidden Fruit in hand, looking intense yet devilishly handsome.

Aaradhya: Is it okay for you to be saying that about yourself, darling?

Monday

Mina: Take a shot of me now before I leave for my first day of school, Watchette!
I won't be a child much longer!

Alfonso: Check out our Papa! He's doing it right!
He stands up to read to us, so we little ones can sit down and listen.

Moss: Aaradhya is quite happy that the boys look so much like her.
That's Alfonso in the grey shirt and Jagger in the black cat jammies.

Moss: Look at my adorable little Jagger!
Sometimes he smiles as if he knows exactly how cute he is!

Aaradhya (dryly): Gee whiz, dear, I wonder who he gets that from?

Moss: Lately there's been a disturbing increase in vampire break-ins.
Ayaka Mori came by last night but I immediately locked the door and she left.

Caleb was actually inside for several hours today, playing foosball and chatting.
Apparently, Jessminder (who's a romantic hothead) flirted with Caleb in front the house.
For several hours, Caleb even got uncomfortable and we registered a break-in, but then he left.

Thanks a lot, Jessminder, for embracing Caleb in front of Arun downstairs.
Now Arun's angry about his "flirty spouse" until tomorrow!

Tonight, Vlad comes over. I don't know if it's the garlic wards or the locked doors, but he's gone.

I hear there was even a break-in at Massimo's house last week.
What!? Yeah, we chat on the phone every now and then. Nothing wrong with that!

Tuesday

Mina: Early in the morning, I finally convince Papa to buy me a Motion Gaming Rig!

I'm going to need my own room with a door that locks!
Otherwise, everyone else will be fighting to play on my gaming rig! You know they will!

Moss: You already know that Arun's maxed Writing, Gardening, Rocket Science, and the Scientist career.
He's family-oriented, too, and the kids all love him.

Yesterday, I added "Romantic socials" to our club's banned activities because of Jessminder.
Besides Caleb, she also flirted with me and Aaradhya at different hours of the day yesterday.

Romantic sims aren't that helpful in a household with lots of children. *sighs

Aaradhya: For some reason, Moss treats Jagger as his personal favorite.
That's why I spend time with Alfonso whenever he's awake.

I think the twins really resemble me or is it just the skintone?

Mina: Now that I'm done with Whiz Kid, I could age up right away.
But since I'm already Motor 10, I finish Rambunctious Scamp first.

Mina: Everyone ignores me when I blow out the birthday candles. Poo!
Anyway, I'm now a Cheerful Geek with the Angling Ace aspiration.

Mina: First thing, I get a job in Retail at Level 2.
My next promotion requires Level 2 Charisma so I chat Krishna into becoming my BFF.

Mina: The Wishing Well boosts me to Level 3 Retail. That was quick!
I guess it's time to start on my aspiration!

Oh, who's that dude standing in front of our house?
Nooooo, don't talk to him!

Mina: I catch my first fish ever, a pufferfish, at Desert Bloom Park.
Nah, you won't need to see a lot of shots of me fishing.

But this is my first catch on the day I start my aspiration. It's significant!

Wednesday

Moss: The Well gives me frequent "next time, for sure" messages but, when it comes through, it really comes through!
Thanks for the Level 10 Promotion!
From now on, I'll focus on Mina's portraits and Jagger's education.

Mina: Papa's in a really great mood because he's done with all of his requirements.
It's the perfect time to ask him to buy me an Insta-Lean Potion, hehe.

Thanks so much, Papa! I really can't spare the time to work out.

Mina: I've made so much progress since my teen birthday yesterday!
With only three days left in the week, though, I won't be ready to move out Saturday night.

Last week, Papa said we needn't worry about the vampires because they have no reward traits.
But the Gen3 vampire heir became a teen 4 days before I did.
They are definitely the family to beat!

Also, I hear I'm supposed to marry Krishna. Him, really? What do you think?
Part of me wants to marry another "person of color," you know what I mean? But who?

Status of the Dineros

Gen2 Heir: Moss Dinero
*Completed requirements: All done
  Rewards: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree , Frugal
  Gold-medal Parties: Wedding party, Dinner party, and House party
  Mansion Baron Aspiration: done
  Career: Critic/Art Critic (Level 10 )

Gen3 Heir: Mina Dinero
*Completed Move-Out Requirements
  Toddler skills: Top-Notch Toddler (Level 5 Thinking and Imagination)
  Childhood Aspiration: Whiz Kid (and Rambunctious Scamp)
  Teen Job: Retail (Level 3)
  "A" in High School: yes
*Incomplete Move-Out Requirements
  Unique Aspiration: Angling Ace (Tier II)
  Unique Skills: Video Gaming (L7) and Fishing (L7)
  Portrait: not yet
  Good Friends: (Daniela Dinero; 3 more)
  Enemies: (Soma and Zanna)
  Collection: fish