Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179328 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.61. Farewell, Jungle Spice! (08/26)
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2017, 05:03:24 PM »
Thanks so much for the tip about birthday presents. Satoshi kept checking the mailbox but as a child but the "Get mail" option was always greyed out.
I'll be sure to check the family inventory next time. And, yes, I remember Vlad's decorative plates! Too funny!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.62. Vitoria the Victorious (08/30)
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2017, 07:20:16 PM »
6.62  Vittoria Zanna (1/4): Vitoria the Victorious

Previously in Week 5:
   • Massimo (Gen2 heir) completes his Master Vampire aspiration, the last of his bloodline requirements;
   •  Because founder Serena wants Bella Goth for the Zanna dynasty, Massimo is tasked to convince Bella to leave Mortimer then Massimo turns her;
   • Now a teen, Vitoria (the Gen3 heir) works diligently on her move-out requirements;
   • Vitoria's twin sister Laura ponders her place in the Zanna dynasty and considers the vampire cure;
   • Very early Saturday morning, Vitoria moves out to Cookout Look, the lot right next door;
   • Her new household includes her spouse Jung Storey, twin Laura, and three helpers: painter Paola Pizzaz, Bella Goth, and Grand Master Vampire Masato Yamaguchi;
   • Jung and Masato are both Bros, so Vitoria builds them their own Bro Room as a tactic to keep her Jung away from her future daughter-in-law, the romantic Bella Goth.

Week 6/Sunday

Vitoria: Yes, Jung and I had a little boy while y'all were off reading about our rivals.
I've named him Ayato, which isn't an Italian name at all, but the name of a hawt pink-haired vampire in that manga Diabolik Lovers.

With Jung and I as his parents, Ayata will no doubt grow up into a most gorgeous vampire!

Masato: I don't know, man. I still think this Bro Room of ours lacks oomph.
Is sports TV on occasion totally unacceptable to Watchette?
Jung: You know very well that we'll be wanting to watch TV all the time yo.

Masato: So, did you hear that I have son with Ulrike now? She named him Makoto.
Here's some photos that Ulrike took of Makoto and me.
Jung: Wow, Masato, why do you look so serious?

Masato I don't know, bro. Being a father feels like such a big responsibility, you know?
Jung: Yeah, I feel the same but we're both gonna be great dads, friend.

Masato: I really hope so, Jung. Look at the way Makoto looks at me, like I'm some kind of hero!
Jung: I heard from Caleb that Makoto's a born vampire. What you gonna do about that?
Masato: I'm still thinking about that, Jung.

Masato: You know I need to "Defeat 3 vampires in combat," right? Would you spar with me?
Jung: I don't mind, but I'm a Master of Darkness so you'll probably lose…

Masato: Gah, I lost 2 out 2. I need to find a weaker opponent to advance my aspiration!

I totally freaked when I notice Masato's Romance bar with Jung. Is their Bro Room to blame?
I select Jung and he has no pink bar with Masato; and when I reselect Masato, that pink bar's gone.
Just a temporary glitch, I guess, but how shocking!

Masato: So we're both pretty evenly matched, Vitoria, so how about we spar?
Vitoria: Great idea, Masato, since I also need to complete the "Defeat 3 vampires in combat" goal.
But I'm the Gen3 heir, so you know what that means?
Masato: Enlighten me, gorgeous.

Vitoria: As much as I adore you as a friend, Masato, I don't have the time to be losing to you.
I'm on the clock to finish my aspiration asap, or I'll lose to my rivals.

Masato: Well, I may just be a "vanity helper," but I'd still like to complete my aspiration, darn it!

Green vampire: Good evening, fellow vampire! My name's Kengo Hayashi! How might you be?
Masato: Oh dear, Kengo! Your look is just not fly!
I like you, so please stop by the house next week and I'll introduce you to the closet we will no doubt own by then.

Kengo: Wow, you're already a Grand Master, Masato! Would you please spar with me?
Masato: What perfect timing and you are a Master Vampire!
Yes, of course, I'll spar with you, Kengo!

Masato: I defeat Kengo three times in a row. Now I definitely owe him a make-over!
Vitoria: Hey, Masato, I hear your popularity has been suffering cuz of your Undead Aura.

Masato: How did you know? You're right! I have little red friendship bars with every non-vampire I've met.
Vitoria: Well, I made you a Draught of Reconfiguration, honey. Go regain all the adoration you deserve!
Masato: I'm touched, Vitoria! How very thoughtful of you!

Bella: I don't mind sparring with you, Vitoria, but can we do it indoors? It's getting light out!
Vitoria: Gah, we're both burning! My Sunlight Resistance is only at 67% still.

Vitoria: Thanks for helping me reach the last tier of my Master Vampire aspiration. You're a real sport!
Bella: I'm pretty sure I couldn't have defeated if I tried. Does my life with you Zannas get better?

Vitoria: Well, once you move out with Ayato, you become the Lady of the House so you can pretty much call the shots.
You could even wear that tacky, tight, red dress again if you wish, but I'd advise against it.
Bella: I can do this! I'll transform myself into the perfect spouse you Zannas are hoping I'll be!

Vitoria: That's the spirit, girl! I know you can do it! Just keep away from my papa Massimo, you hear?

Vitoria: And look, Bella, you have your very own personal trainer! Come, Masato!
Bella: Hmmph, how can Masato be "my very own" when he's already Ulrike's baby daddy?

Jung: Once Ayato grows up, Bella, you won't have eyes for anyone else's baby daddy except your own.
Masato: Do you mind? Could we start training? I have other things I'd like to be doing…

Jung: So, Vitoria didn't like that Bella and I were both feeling Very Flirty by the end of the double training session.
Sheesh, I can't help it! I'm a Romantic sim, like Bella. And, anyway, I was feeling flirty toward Vitoria, not Bella.
I'm a vampire of discernment, I'll have you know.

And that's why I'm in Granite Falls picking herbs. Vitoria banished me from the house until I'm not feeling flirty. *sighs

Vitoria: I'm pretty sure today is my first day of work, because I would remember wearing this lame career outfit.
Why do I have to dress like a convenience store clerk!?

I'm only Level 3 Culinary right now, but I have a guaranteed promotion.
I'll really have to rely on the Wishing Well if I want to get promoted at the same rate as my rivals with their reward traits.

Last night, I was taking a midnight stroll when I ran into Akira Soma.
You gotta respect that guy! He was so far behind in Week 4 but he's managed to catch up and even overtake Mint, the Gen4 Dinero heir,

However, I'm not in the least concerned about him staying ahead of my son Ayato.
So when Akira asked me for a donation, I generously donated $1,000 to his cause.

Jung: I'm mentoring you in Handiness, bro, because I want you to move out with Ayato. You with me?
Masato: Well, you can't leave this house but I can, so I figured that was the plan.
Jung: Yeah, since you're a Grand Master, you could continue training Ayato after he moves, too.

Masato: You think Ayato would be down with me inviting my son Makoto to live with us?
Jung: I know Makoto would be happier living with you, but what about the rules?
Masato: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that once the Soma heir moves out, Makoto reverts to a regular townie.

Jung: What a beautiful smile, Ayato! I'm sorry your papa hasn't been around much.
I've been busy making money so that you'll have an easier time completing your move-out requirements.

Life is so unpredictable, my precious son! Let me tell you about my life.
Serena, the Zanna founder, turned me into a vampire weeks ago but I burned to death.
Then she took me in my ghostly form into her home and gave me life again.

I never imagined that I would one day become the father of Serena Zanna's grandson.
The Zanna founder granted me with immortality not once, but twice.
I will repay my debt to the Zanna dynasty by doing all I can to ensure that your mama and you succeed!

Monday

Jung: Hey, that looks like a new work uniform, sweetheart!
Vitoria: Yep! After bringing home my Level 4 promotion tonight, the Well arranges for my full promotion to Level 5!
How was everyone's day?

Jung: Well, Laura's been using the Observatory most of the day, so her Logic has soared, even without mentoring.
Vitoria: Nice! And you?

Jung: I've been alternating between grafting the garden and mentoring Masato in handiness.
Even though I haven't been mentoring Masato the whole time, he already has Level 5 Handiness.
Vitoria Excellent news! He'll be ready for a trip to Granite Falls soon!

Vitoria: And Bella? What's she been up to today?
Jung (sighs): Bella's gardening skill is still Level 1.

Vitoria: Get outta here! Bella's been mostly gardening for the last 24 hours.
That Gen4 Soma heir reached Level 6 Gardening and Level 7 Gourmet Cooking during the final 24+ hours of their week.
That means he also has Level 5 Homestyle Cooking at least, all while spending time at the store, too.

Jung: I'm not sure what Bella's problem is, but she seems to be spending more time mopping up after herself.
Vitoria: Unbelievable! Do you think she'll reach Level 5 gardening by the time Ayato is ready to move out?
She needs to be in charge of his household's garden. *rolls eyes

Bella: Vitoria's got me so conditioned that I'm actually grateful to be sitting around in a baggy sweater reading a gardening skill book.
Earlier, I overheard Jung and Masato chatting about Vitoria going on a vampire dueling spree once she got home.

To be honest, I've been a little worried that I would have to be her opponent again.
Thankfully, she has found another punching bag, it seems.

Ayaka: How can you treat me like this, Vitoria? At one point, the Zanna founder even considered me as a spouse candidate.
Vitoria: Oh puhleeze, everyone's talking about the idiot vampire who goes out to dine every night but spends half her time throwing up in the restroom.
It's uncouth vampires like you that give the rest of us a bad name!

Spectator: That Vitoria must really be proud of her mixologist uniform! She wears it even for vampire duels!
Weird that. I'm not sure why she didn't change clothes when she assumed her dark form.

Vitoria: Surprisingly, I reach the Master Vampire rank after only three duels.
I remember Papa saying he spent hours and hours dueling to become a Master Vampire.
Whatever, I'm glad that I have no more duels in my future!

Ayako: Feels really weird to be dueling with someone dressed like a cook, though.

Vitoria: Ignoring Ayako's remark, I rush inside and mix another Draught of Reconfiguration.
This one's for me!

Vitoria: For my Tier 5 vampire powers, I choose Mist Form and--on Watchette's urging--Tamed Thirst.
I'm still a Child of the Moon with full Sunlight Resistance, too!

Vitoria: My darling Ayato, I can't wait for you to age up tomorrow night!
Your mother has really good news for you, too.

Except for my career, I only need to wait on my garden and my Master Vampire to complete.
So whenever I'm not at work, my beloved son, I'll have all the time in the world for you!

Current Week 6 Status: Zanna Line

Gen3 Heir: Vitoria Zanna
*Completed bloodline requirements:
  Two tier-5 vampire powers: Mist Form and Tamed Thirst
*Incomplete bloodline requirements:
  Aspiration: Master Vampire (Tier IV)
  Garden (6 plants): not yet
  Career: Culinary/Mixologist (Level 5)

Gen4 Heir: Ayato Zanna

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.62. Vitoria the Victorious (08/30)
« Reply #272 on: September 01, 2017, 08:16:26 PM »
Looking forward to seeing Ayato as a toddler! Poor Bella -- gardening just isn't her thing.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.62. Vitoria the Victorious (08/30)
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2017, 12:50:36 AM »
Finally caught back up!  You're making such excellent progress. Akira had some really impressive catch-up time and Satoshi's childhood was almost non-existent!
Vitoria is so lovely.  She definitely takes after Serena  :=)  I'll be interested to see how the genetic addition of Bella adds/enhances to the genetics.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.63. Ayato the Adorable
« Reply #274 on: September 03, 2017, 12:19:51 AM »
@MarianT
Just when I think toddlers can't get any cuter, Ayato comes along!
I'm wondering if Bella's gardening skill was bugged now. Even at Level 6 gardening, she continues to spill water but she can graft!

@PeregrineTook
I'm glad you're back and hope I'll be reading another wonderful Took update soon!
Yes, the Somas have worked really hard to catch up but, let's be honest here--we all know who my favorite family is. *grins sheepishly
I've never actually played Bella and her family as an active household, so her gardening ineptitude makes me laugh. I truly require gardening of all my sims, haha.
Regardless, "pollinating" Bella has produced outstanding results in the past. So, I intend to have Bella give birth to boy/girl twins, albeit that would be a totally time-wasting and unnecessary move in terms of the challenge.

6.63  Vittoria Zanna (2/4): Ayato the Adorable

Previously this week (Week 6):
   • Vitoria's spouse Jung and Masato Yamaguchi have so much in common! They're both Grand Master vampires, bros, and the fathers to sons;
   • Masato imbibes a Draught of Reconfiguration to get rid of his Undead Aura;
   • Bella Goth, future spouse of Ayato (Gen4 Zanna heir) has absolutely no knack for gardening, staying at Level 1 after hours of gardening;
   • After reaching Grand Master rank, Vitoria also drinks a Draught of Reconfiguration to gain two Tier-5 vampire powers;
   • Vitoria's garden is coming along and she only needs to "Survive 19 more days as a vampire to compete her aspiration;
   • The entire household is ready and committed to helping Vitoria and Ayato succeed.

Week 6/Monday

Masato: Just as Vitoria predicted, I ding Level 7 Handiness and take a quick trip to Granite Falls.
It's good to know that I'll be able to add to household income!
Helping Bella with the garden would probably be a good idea, too.

I can't say yet whether I prefer my Vampiricity Run to Travel in Bat Form.
Maybe I'll work on earning more points then buy Travel in Mist Form! Yeah, that's what I'll do!

Paola: Well, finally, someone remembers that I live in this household, too!
Vitoria: Let's see if you can bring home the All-Season Deluxe Easel before Ayato's teen birthday.
Go ahead, Paola! Make a wish!

Paola: Woooo, the Well grants me a guaranteed promotion.
Vitoria: Sadly, the Well gives me a "better luck next time" outcome.

Masato: Sorry to hear about Paola stealing your Well mojo, Vitoria.
What about an aromatherapy massage before you leave for work?

Vitoria: Masato, how did I never know until now what a great masseur you are, Masato?
Masato: Well, you've been relying pretty heavily on the Well so far this week, but I can be useful, too.

Vitoria: Everyone's noticed that you are currently Watchette's new favorite sim, you know!
If Watchette had discovered you several weeks ago, I'm sure you'd be my baby daddy instead of Ulrike's.

Masato: Hey, don't give me any ideas while Jung's at work! And, anyway, Jung's my bro!
Vitoria: Yeah, I know. I was just talking about timing and what if's.

Laura: Thanks for all the encouragement and for helping me with my school project!
Even though I realize that you're just practicing your parenting skills with me…
Bella: Oh c'mon, honey. Don't be like that! We neglected sims need to stick together!

Laura: Look at my character values, Auntie Bella! My upbringing has been totally ignored!
Would you help me to become either Responsible or Good-Mannered? I'd be happy with just one!
Bella: I'm sorry, Laura, but I won't have much free time once Ayato ages up to a toddler.

Laura: I knew you'd say that! Oh well, I'll just try to build responsibility by myself.
Bella: I'll ask the others so that all four of us will help you out once a day, okay?

Vitoria: Hey, Bella! Nice to hear that you've made it to Level 5 Gardening!
Bella: Thanks for noticing, Vitoria! Reading the skill book really helped, since reading doesn't require mopping.

Vitoria: I still can't figure out why you initially took so long. We even have the Homey lot trait!
Bella: Now that I can graft, though, it won't be a problem, right?
And don't forget that I have the Family Oriented trait! I can look after Ayato while you're working!

Tuesday

Vitoria: It's almost 2 am, Jung! Why haven't we received Ayato's birthday notice yet?
Jung: You're right, darling. Quite frankly, I'd expected to receive Ayato's notice 24 hours ago.

Vitoria: I know, right? I conceived about 20 hours earlier than Akira Soma's spouse and their nooboo aged up Tuesday at 1 a.m.
Jung: Because of rotational gameplay, it seems the nooboo stage isn't calculated from time of conception.
Since all three nooboos were born during their inactive weeks, the clock only starts ticking after we switch households.

Vitoria: That's hardly fair! Ayato was already almost a day old before The Big Switch!
Mina Dinero and Akira Soma's spouse, on the other hand, conceived at the very last minute before switching households!

Jung: Look, Serena! Ayato's birthday notice actually arrived 15 minutes ago! Let's age him up!
Well, I must say that isn't a very vampire-esque outfit for our son!

Vitoria: So kill me! I just couldn't resist dressing him in one of the new toddler outfits.
And look closely, Jung. Ayato has your green eyes!

Jung: Of course, it's hard to tell this early, but I'm willing to bet that Ayato's going to be the most attractive sim in this entire challenge!
Vitoria: Don't flatter yourself, dear. If Ayato grows up gorgeous, he will have his Zanna genes to thank for that.
More specifically, Ayato would thank the founder Serena's genes if he ages up gorgeous. Am I right, Pippin?

Vitoria: Superbly done, Ayato! Now that you've learned the basics with flashcards, I'll teach you to talk.
My dear sweet Ayato, you could not be more adorable!

Ayato: Door?

Vitoria: I've been wracking my brains lately over what Ayato could submit as his museum items.
I'm thinking he could learn Writing as one of his unique skills then use books for the museum.

Jung: I can ask my co-worker Arun Bheeda at the Science Lab if he could mentor Ayato…
Hey, look who showed up, darling, when you phoned in for a vegetarian caterer!

Arun: Hey, Jung! Please don't tell my wife that I filled in for her tonight.

Vitoria: Grrrr! I don't need another guaranteed promotion cuz I already have one of those!

Bella: Hey, spliced snapdragon plant! Would you just give bloom to an orchid already?
Vitoria just received undesirable news from her boss, courtesy of the Well.
Vitoria would feel oh-so-much-happier if she had an orchid to plant and then graft!

Serena: Thanks for inviting me to the family club again, Vitoria! So this is my great-grandson!
He certainly is a charmer!
Vitoria: Well, yes, he is, Grandma Serena. He has the charmer trait, in fact.

Ayato (talks to stranger): Hello! Help me read this book, please?

Vitoria: I'm so proud of Ayato, getting a head start on becoming good friends with the founder!
Serena: Indeed, when you were a toddler, Vitoria, you wouldn't even "watch" me!

Vitoria: Not because I didn't want to! I was an inquisitive toddler, not a charmer!
Serena: Well, cross your fingers that Ayato grows up a looker because then our extremely biased watcher will help the Zannas win.
No comment.

Vitoria: Good morning, Arun. Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Vitoria Zanna.
I've heard such good things about you from my husband Jung and my grandmother Serena Zanna.
Arun: It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Vitoria.

Vitoria: Why do you look so handsome at our house, Arun, but so plain at the Dinero homes?
Arun: I don't know. I probably just get upstaged by Moss and my son Krishna.
Do you really think I'm handsome, Vitoria? Or are you just flattering me because you'd like me to mentor your son?

Vitoria: So handsome, family oriented just like me, and you read minds, too! *bats eyelashes
Arun (enthralled): How can I serve the future Zanna heir, Vitoria? Logic, Handiness, or Writing?

Bella: Two cowplants, each with a dangling piece of cake! How did I not see this coming?
Vitoria: Awww, c'mon, Bella, be a sport! The discomfort only lasts for a few days and you're unemployed!

Vitoria: See, Bella? I'm joining you in a show of solidarity!
(Actually, I need Essences of both Inspiration and Happiness, but don't have time to wait.)

Masato: I suddenly get the urge to host a toddler play date. Why me? Because Vitoria hasn't met my son yet.
There's a new Park and Play community venue in Countryside Windenberg so we all head over there.
This lot downloaded from the Gallery is a creation of MaxisCreator_01.
So far, I've added two toddler potties, a stereo, and a trashcan.

Vitoria: Ayato kicks off the play date by giving Masato's son Makoto a "Share the Love" hug.

Oddly, Akira Soma's wife Jun tags along instead of Makoto's mother Ulrike.
Too bad! I was looking forward to meeting Ulrike! The stodgy Jun, not so much.

Jung: I whip out my smartphone to snap a quick shot of Wyatt Owen demolishing some toddler toy.
Ladies everywhere are always going on about how hawt this child-hating dude is.

I immediately post this shot of Wyatt on Simbook to nip all of his undeserved attention in the bud. Hah!

Masato: The toddler play date offers a great opportunity for me to spend time with Makoto!
Most of the goals require adults to interact with toddlers, like "Play with a toddler."

Jung: There are playground-related goals, too, like "Help a child climb a slide."

Masato: And "Help a child to slide," but not a single goal that requires the toddlers to interact with each other.

Vitoria: The "Eat Food 0/4" goal doesn't have vampires with withered stomachs in mind at all!
Jung: Well, if we do this again, we can always bring our own plasma fruit salad!
Vitoria: Yeah, that's what's up, cuz these tofu dogs taste really gross. No offense, Masato!

Vitoria: Ayato's energy has dropped dangerously low, so we end the play date early.
Masato: Sadly, Ayato and Makoto remain just "acquaintances," so let's go to that park again!

Vitoria: Great idea, Masato! Although Bella will need to stay home since she has no sunlight resistance.
Bella: Hmmph. Build an underground room at that park, so I can read down there?

Vitoria: So, folks, did you notice that the gold-medal toddler play date earned us a Bamco's All-Inclusive Toddler Jungle Gym?
Masato: No kidding! I just spent the last hour renovating the basement to make room for it, but I couldn't place it.

Garden (5/6 plants): needs Deathflower
  Career: Culinary/Mixologist (Level 5)

Traits: Charmer; 
  Toddler Skills: L2 Communication, Imagination, and Thinking; L1 Potty and Movement

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.63. Ayato the Adorable (09/02)
« Reply #275 on: September 03, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »
Whoa, toddler playdate is a thing?  I wonder if they'll be adding that to the party requirements for the immortal dynasties (or already have and I just haven't checked recently).
Vitoria enthralling Arun was outstanding!!  Of course, she does resemble Serena, so it's understandable  ;=)  And yes, if Ayato turns out to be eye candy, it's Serena he has to thank for that!
Another lovely update.  Looking forward to seeing the Zanna bloodline dominate the competition seeing more adorable toddlers and delightful updates soon  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.64. Bella Steps Up Her Game
« Reply #276 on: September 05, 2017, 06:08:47 PM »
@PeregrineTook
About toddler playdates and gold-medal party requirements, I received the go-ahead for the Rival Dynasties Challenge but haven't asked about the Immortal Dynasties Challenge. For me, it's the easiest gold-medal social event so far, with dates and Spooky Parties not far behind.
Yes, Vitoria has really been blessed with the best genes in the Zanna genetic pool. Jung is no slouch either, so I harbor high hopes for Ayato as well.

6.64  Vittoria Zanna (3/4): Bella Steps Up Her Game

Week 6/Tuesday

Bella: I guess I should be flattered that the Zannas have made such an effort to make me a part of their dynasty.

It's hard to imagine that, by the end of Week 7, I will have conceived a nooboo with this little boy, Ayato.

Bella: Life with the Zannas had been really tough at first.
As a secret agent trained to seduce and sabotage, I'd had little exposure to such mundane activities as gardening and housecleaning.

Now, my parenting skill is second only to Ayato's mother, Vitoria, with whom I share the Family-Oriented trait.
Here's Ayato learning to say please and thank you.

Bella: Look at this adorable little boy!
Giving Ayato the charmer trait might have been redundant.

Vitoria: Finally, the Well pulls through and arranges for my full promotion to Level 6.
As you've already guessed, I choose the Mixologist branch.

Vitoria: My day just keeps getting better.
My orchid plant is now mature enough, so I graft a pomegranate cutting onto it.

My garden requirement is as good as done!

Vitoria: Ayato is inconsolable after Jung leaves for work, but he is also very tired.

Poor thing! I indulge his request for a bedtime story. Who can ignore a sad little face like that?

Bella: Everyone agrees that I need to acquire Sunlight Resistance, so Masato's been training as often as possible.
It's been great to have Masato here to not only train me but also share garden duties.

Masato: What I wouldn't give to have Makoto living here with me, so I could watch him as he grows.
Sometimes, I wonder if Jung and Vitoria realize just how lucky they are.

Hey, little fella, shall we go to the park after your bath so you can play with Makoto?

Bella: There's now a new underground room at the park!
I'm safely ensconced there, reading the second Parenting skill book.

Vitoria: There's no benefit to leaving a vampire at home, since they can't be directed to develop skills anyway.
Bella: Couldn't you just have said that it's nice to have me along?

Masato: Oh boy, wait till Jung hears that the child-hating gardener Wyatt has been prancing around the children's park in a speedo!

I decide not to indulge his pursuit of another, more favorable shutter opportunity.
But I can't resist capturing Akira Soma's wife Jun as she slyly checks him out as she walks by.

Vitoria: Apparently, this new jungle gym can serve as both a pirate ship and a space ship.
When Ayato chooses to play pirates, I suddenly gain an imaginary pirate hat!

Masato: Although I'm hosting this outing as a toddler play date without party goals, my son Makoto spends all his time with me.
I guess that Jun always tags along instead of Ulrike because Jun's the only unemployed adult in that household.

Masato: I find little Makoto in tears after something Jun said to him.
No worries, little fella. Papa is here to make everything all right.

Vitoria: I'm really going to miss Ayato as a toddler, but the show must go on!

Ayato: Papa's here!
Vitoria: Look at those two gorgeous boys of mine with their emerald eyes!

Vitoria: Jung is so lovable!
He's known me since I wore diapers yet he still blushes when I ask him to show me his coffin.

Vitoria: But never too shy, I'm happy to report.

By the way, do you think there's a market for double coffins?

Thursday

Bella: I have been trying to boost my vampire rank while Ayato sleeps.
Not that I have a burning desire to complete the Master Vampire aspiration or anything.

And with the many Grand Master vampires in the Zanna households, I needn't aim to reach the highest rank, either.
I'd just like to have full Sunlight Resistance.

On that note, Ayaka Mori is truly the scapegoat for the Zanna dynasty's vampire sparring and dueling.
Darn it! I only win 2 out of 4 spars before the sunlight forces me back indoors.

Masato: You're looking very sleepy, little guy. Allow me to use supernatural speed to put you to bed.
Ayato: Whoa, Uncle Masato's super speed is da shizzle!

Vitoria: Masato's the only one in the house with Supernatural Speed.
Because of my bloodline requirements, I choose Mist Form instead.

Masato: In case you're wondering, I finally manage to place the reward for that first toddler playdate!
Bamco's All-Inclusive Toddler Jungle Gym has a footprint of 7x9 tiles and needs a minimum area of 8x10 tiles.

Vitoria: Little Ayato is on the fast track for aging up late tonight!
But we're closing here for today before I leave for work.

Coming next: Ayato will hopefully celebrate two birthdays by the end of this week.

Garden (5/6 plants): needs a separate Deathflower plant
  Career: Culinary/Mixologist (Level 6)

Traits: Charmer;
*Incomplete move-out requirements:
  Toddler Skills: L4 Communication, L3 Imagination/Movement/Potty/Thinking
  Childhood aspiration: (Social Butterfly)
  Aspiration:
  Portraits (2): $ (normal: $, dark: $)
  Teen career:
  "A" in high school:
  Collection (7):
  Skills:
  Good Friends: (Serena Zanna; 3 more)
  Enemies: (Dinero and Soma)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.65. What Happened to the Zanna Genes?
« Reply #277 on: September 07, 2017, 03:44:58 AM »
6.65.  Vittoria Zanna (4/4): What Happened to the Zanna Genes?

Week 6/Thursday

Bella: In a former life, I mingled with the beautiful people at various venues of plush luxury.
These days, I socialize mostly with vampiric lowlifes in a seedy section of eastern Newcrest.

Ayato, I hope you will someday acknowledge the sacrifices I'm making for you!

Bella: I defeat this pear-shaped vampire with despicable fashion taste, thus advancing ever closer to Sunlight Resistance.

Vitoria: What's going on here, Masato!?
I come home with my Level 8 promotion to find you shirtless and surrounded by small children.
Is there something you want to tell me?

Masato: No, no, nothing like that! I was meditating when Laura decided to convene the League of Adventurers here.
Bella: I'm taking advantage of the situation by using Detect Personality on every kid on our lot.

Friday

Vitoria: Beloved Ayato maxes his Communication skill while chatting with his homie Bear-cula.

Vitoria: Sadly, I must get ready for work and can't help Ayato blow out his candles.
Bella, would you be a dear and help Ayato out?

Laura: Oh gosh, I'm the same age as my nephew!

Bella: Ayato earns the Happy Toddler trait, ageing up to a Self-Assured child with the Social Butterfly aspiration.

Vitoria: As his mother, I might be a tad biased, but I vote Ayato the most beautiful child in this challenge.
Ayato gets my vote, too!

Jung: Since I'm home from work early, Ayato must have aged up and got a makeover.
Masato: Bro, you're already a Level 10 Scientist, no one's worried about your career advancement!

Jung: Vitoria darling, do you have to sit out front in that towel?
Vitoria: Sorry, sweetheart, but I just got a pre-work aromatherapy massage. Cowplant essences ftw!

Ayato: Papa's been busy with work and camping mascots, so I have to take some time to build our friendship.
But we're BFFs at last.
Papa, why were you Great-Grandma Serena's BFF and not Mama's?

Jung: Hush, son! No one ever needs to know. Here's $1,000 so buy yourself The Slablet!
Ayato: My lips are sealed, Papa! (For today at least. I wonder how I could work this?)

Ayato: Since I'm the Gen4 Zanna heir, Auntie Laura turns over The League of Adventurers' leadership to me.
I start a club gathering to make a few friends my own age.

Jagger: Hey, Ayato! When you move out, you oughta take me with you, bruski!
You could have a second non-vampire painterly type in your household yo!

Ayato: Oh yeah, I could roll with that. But you'll need to change your haircolor.
We're good friends already, Jagger. You ready to be aged up to a teen, like, now?
Jagger: Oh yeah!

Ayato: What about your twin brother, Alfonso?
Jagger: Eh, what about him?

Ayato: Never mind, Laura and Alfonso just became BFFs. I'm sure she'll take care of him.
Laura's had her eye on Alfonso for a while now.

Laura: Ayato ages up Jagger, then I age up Alfonso.
Jagger gains the Kleptomaniac trait, so I ask him to leave right away.

Laura: Look how handsome Alfonso is, Jung! (Jung is my brother-in-law, so I refuse to call him Uncle Jung!)
I know he's a Genius but I can't learn his second trait. Would you help me?

Bella: After Jung also fails, I successfully learn that his second trait is Geek.
What do you think of Jagger and Alfonso, Jung?

Jung: Your future daughter will need to learn Mischief so you don't need a klepto like Jagger in the house who also needs to level Mischief.
Bella: I have to agree. Let's run this by Ayato after his teen birthday.

Laura: I wanted Alfonso to age me up early during the Dineros' Week 7, but now I'm afraid what trait I'll earn.
Oh, my birthday's in three days anyway. I'll just wait.
Makes me wonder when the Dinero twins' birthdays would have been…

Ayato: Talking to myself in the mirror gets old fast so I invite Great-Grandma Serena over.

Great-Grandma, I wanted you to be my BFF but you were at work earlier.
Serena: No worries, dear boy. I am a little worried about your father Jung and Bella.

Ayato: Why? What did they do?
Serena: They just wasted hours trying to learn Alfonso's second trait, when they could have just used "Detect Personality"!
Doh!

Saturday

Ayato: Around 2:30 am, I complete Social Butterfly and celebrate another birthday!
I'm Outgoing and Cheerful with the Leader of the Pack aspiration.

Bella: Ayato grows up into a most handsome teen!
All those hours mopping up water in the basement garden seem so worthwhile to me now!

Jung: I get abducted but nothing comes of it.
Masato: How can you be so sure, bro?

Jung: Our household has one empty slot, right?
Well, I clicked my coffin and got the "Try for baby" option, which means I'm not pregnant, okay?
Masato: I bet you would have looked real cute, waddling around all pregnant and stuff yo.
Jung: I bet you'd look real cute with a black eye yo.

Vitoria: Ayato takes after his father so much that it's uncanny.
In fact, has Jung's genes completely replaced three generations of Zanna genes?

Ayato: Excuse me? I don't know whose genes are whose, but I happen to think I'm better-looking than Papa.
Jung: Dream on, boi.

Bella: Thanks so much for training me, Vitoria! I'm just three points away from full Sunlight Resistance now!
Hello, Vitoria? Did you hear what I said?

Vitoria: Oh, excuse me. I was just wondering if your, erm, pecs were natural or if you underwent plastic surgery.
Bella: Pffft, they're all mine!

Paola: I'm still one promotion shy of earning that Deluxe All-Season Easel.
I've started eight portraits each of Ayato in normal form and dark form anyway.
These are the dark-form portraits. It never hurts to practice, right?

Ayato: Papa, I appreciate your wanting to give me vampiric training, but can it wait?
Even with my Socially Gifted trait, leveling Charisma has been moving at a snail's pace.

Jung: I was thinking you could skill faster if you had the Child of the Moon powers.
Now that I check, though, that's a Prime Vampire skill

Ayato: You think it would be worth it to power-level my vampire rank for Child of the Moon?

Jung: We've never tested it, so I can't say for sure.
All we know is that Bella took 4-5 days to reach Level 5 gardening but Masato, with his Child of the Moon powers, reached Level 5 in several hours one night.

Ayato: I can't wait that long, Papa. I need to max Charisma for my aspiration.

Jung: Why are you about to max Gourmet Cooking when most of us here have Withered Stomachs?
Vitoria: I thought I'd try to cook Ambrosia for Paola to thank her for her tremendous contribution to our household.

Masato: I heartily agree! She generates the most income but lives a spinster's  life with almost zero social life and….
Vitoria: Sssshh, that's enough from you, Masato. I'm hoping to give it to her before her adult birthday.

Jung: We'll need to visit southern Newcrest to fish up an angelfish!

Jung: We all appreciate how hard you've been working on your Parenting skill, Bella.
Since our son is still a teen, however, wouldn't your everyday outfit be more appropriate for helping him with his homework?

Bella: That baggy turtleneck? You think I plan to risk Ayato having his head turned by some younger high-school girl?  I don't think so!

Ayato: Um, Papa, I think everything's just fine! The view's pretty nice from where I'm sitting.

Ayato: And I'm off to my first day of work as a Level 2 Shelf Stocker (Retail Employee).
Jung: Lookin' good, son, lookin' good!

Final Week 6 Status: Zanna Line

Garden (6/6 plants): done
  Career: Culinary/Mixologist (Level 9)

Traits: Charmer; Outgoing, Cheerful
*Completed move-out requirements
  Toddler Skills: Happy Toddler (L5 Imagination and Communication)
  Childhood aspiration: Social Butterfly
  Good Friends: Serena Zanna; Jagger Dinero, Alfonso Dinero, Billie Jang
*Incomplete move-out requirements:
  Aspiration: Leader of the Pack (Tier III of IV)
  Teen career: Retail Employee (Level 2)
  Portraits (2): $ (normal: $, dark: $)
  "A" in high school: "B"
  Skills: Charisma (Level 3) and ?
  Collection (7):
  Enemies: (Dinero and Soma)

Final Week 6 Comparison

Total Museum Value: Zanna/$69,997 > Dinero/$66,661 > Soma/$57,709     
Career Progress: Dinero/Startup Ent. (9), Zanna/Mixologist (9), Soma/Charity Org. (8 )
Gen4 heirs: all 3 heirs are teens

Vitoria: Despite Ayato's superior looks, his inability to buy reward traits will severely decrease both his skilling speed and the value of his museum items.

Since pulling far enough head to buy a sixth lot will be impossible, I've resigned myself to the fact that we will lose this challenge.
We vampires cannot compete in terms of museum value, though we will ultimately emerge victorious in terms of sheer style and flair. *sighs

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.65. What Happened to the Zanna Genes? (09/07)
« Reply #278 on: September 10, 2017, 10:36:48 AM »
Go team Zanna!!!
Loved that we got more Serena time in this update.  Not that I have favorites, but I totally do and they're her.
It's so funny having poor Bella slaving away as a garden slave while she waits for the baby/toddler/child she helped raise to grow up and become her husband.  Dynasties create such crazy realities!!
And Laura's adorable.  Just sayin'.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 6.65. What Happened to the Zanna Genes? (09/07)
« Reply #279 on: September 11, 2017, 07:01:23 PM »
Whew! You are whipping through this at blinding speed! I've just finally caught up and I know I'm horrifically late to the party, but had to tell you how much I enjoyed Mossimo's date. Sigh. And their little stolen kisses at the party later on. Those two just melt my heart.

Your toddlers are so cute that I'm really sad to see them age up so quickly, but I think Ayato is probably the dreamiest heir yet, so it was worth it!

I'm bummed this trattoria you keep teasing us with seems like it will never come to pass, but I am furiously taking notes on your retail success.

Can't wait for the next one!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 7.66. Whatchu Mina by That? (09/17)
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2017, 07:19:04 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Bella has turned out to be a great gardener after her initial failings. As you know, vampires have to rely heavily on The Well to compensate for their lack of career-related reward traits, so generating income is all important!
Ayato and Bella's kid is going to be amazing, I hope.
And yes, Laura's dedication will be rewarded soon! You'll get hints of this perhaps in this update.

@FrancescaFiori
I really appreciate your catching up on this story!
Regretfully, I feel compelled to honor the competitive race-against-time aspect of this challenge so never get to spend as long as I'd like with each household. Nevertheless, I've fallen in love with many of the sims that have been born as a result of this challenge. .
Yeah, Moss and Massimo are so adorable together. I love how, even as uncontrolled sims, they remain so attracted to each other.
As much as I've loved building and running this challenge's first two restaurants, the second one was extremely buggy: diners staying for 6+ hours and never paying, employees not showing up, not only diners but also waitresses leaving the restaurant to jog, and so forth. I spent weeks researching my trattoria build, though, so I'm thinking I might partially use that build as the setting/backdrop for my final shop. We'll see.

7.66  Mina Dinero (1/3): Whatchu Mina By That?

Previously in Week 6:
*Mina's new household consists of her spouse Krishna, Krishna's father Arun Bheeda, and her two twin brothers, Alfonso and Jagger;
*Initially left behind for her romantic infelicities, Jessminder is later invited to join the household later (to founder Daniela's chagrin);
*Krishna offers a fashion makeover to the sim he's considering for the role of his future son-in-law;
*The twins, Jagger and Alfonso, become good friends with Ayato Zanna (Gen4 heir) and Laura (Vitoria's sister), respectively, who proceed to age them up to teens;
*Mina completes all of her bloodline requirements and ends the week at Level 9 of her Tech Guru/Start-up Entrepreneur career;
*Mint (the Gen4 Dinero) ends the week by celebrating her teen birthday. She's a Cheerful Music Lover and a Musical Genius to boot.

Week 7/Sunday

Jagger (brunette): *boasts about messing around
Alfonso (redhead): Hey, you don't need to pretend with me, Jagger. I know you're gutted about getting the Kleptomaniac trait.

Jagger (dejected): So now the Zannas don't want me to move in with the Gen4 Zanna heir, Ayato.
Heck, they don't even want me coming around anymore.
Did you see how quickly that Laura asked me to leave after she learned my second trait?

Alfonso: I'm sorry about your undesirable Klepto trait, Jagger, but I can't have you flaming my future girlfriend!
Jagger: You mean Laura?
Alfonso: Heck yeah! She's the twin sister of the current Zanna heir, Vitoria, who is inarguably a fox!

Jagger: You've been planning this for a while, right? Is that why you didn't color your hair back to green?
Alfonso: Bingo! After I aged up with red hair, I saw Vitoria and her twin sister at Mina and Krishna's wedding.
I don't need green hair since I'm a spare. Plus, the red hair gives me an edge with Laura.
Did you see how that little girl was all over me?

Jagger: Lol. Oh and don’t think I didn't notice that Watchette gave you one of her fave cc tops!

Krishna: Nobody's been able to hire Nanny Daichi for weeks, it feels like, but when our Week 7 begins, he's already at our house.

Mint: I'm so happy to see you, Nanny Daichi! Can you mentor me in piano, please?
Daichi: My pleasure, young lady.

Jessminder: The show must go on, Krishna! The piano's been moved to allow us to place our easels.
Let's start some portraits of Mint that we can complete later. Are you with me?

Krishna (grumbles): Hello? I'm a cheerful, genius, geek! I only started painting to earn promotions toward the deluxe easel.
Jessminder: Whatever, son. Just see what you can do, okay?

Jagger: Do I look like a gardening grunt to you? Our watcher is simply unbelievable!
I aged up with the Serial Romantic aspiration which, I believe, is a perfect fit for me.

But what happens? It gets switched to Freelance Botanist and I must seclude myself in this hideous basement. *sighs tragically

Alfonso: I've got the Nerd Brain aspiration, so I start reading three skill books in the Focused Room.
Watchette, now that I finished reading the Vol. 1 Logic book, may I ask you a question?
Sure, ask me whatever you want, Alfonso.

Alfonso: Did you forget that I maxed Logic last week?
Durrrrr

Mint: Good evening, The Well! It's me, the Gen4 Dinero heir.
I know you're hooded right now but I'll just be throwing $5k offerings at you until you unhood and glow white, okay?

Nice! I get a promotion at the end of my first work day!

Jagger: Hello? This is Jagger Dinero on the Tranquil Crescent lot and I'd like to hire a maid to mop up the garden.

What's that you say? You believe that garden spills are customarily wiped up by the sim who makes the mess?
No, you would be wrong there. That may be the custom chez Zanna because of their financial circumstances.

We Dineros, on the other hand, can afford to hire others to do our menial work. So are you sending over a maid or what?
Thank you very much. In 30 minutes time will be fine.

Jessminder: We've each got 10 portrait canvases now, dear son. Let's get going.

Krishna: But I'm not painting any more than ten, you hear?
If these first 20 don't produce a winner, you're on your own, Mama!

Alfonso: Papa Arun, why are you still making camping mascots? Mina is done with her Mansion Baron aspiration.
Arun: I'm helping you finish the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration, Alfonso, so you'll get that weekly investment income after you move in with the Zannas.

Alfonso: Um, aren't you Team Dineros?
Arun: I've been with the Dineros since the founder's generation, Alfonso.
But last week the Zannas hired me as a vegetarian caterer so I spent the evening there.
Vitoria managed to enthrall me so now I can't help but want to support her heir.

Alfonso: Wow, just wow, Papa Arun!
Arun: Ssshhh, not so loud! I'm only sharing this secret with you because Laura's going to invite you to move in with the Gen4 heir, Ayato.

Mina: Remember me, the current Dinero heir? Ever since my daughter Mint's birthday, I've been bored stiff.
I'm not allowed to do anything because everyone's afraid I'll max another heir's unique skill.
So all I do is alternate between mediating and practicing yoga.

Whoa, a popup appears to say I've leveled my Handiness while meditating!
So much for meditation being a "safe" way to keep me from maxing other skills! Gaming rig, please?
I have no idea when this change occurred, but this change means that none of my heirs will be allowed to meditate!

Arun: Thanks for letting us defer the adult stage yet one more time, Watchette!
Well, you two have supported three Dinero households up to now, so you certainly deserve acknowledgement for all your hard work!

Arun: Does this mean we'll be allowed to stay in this house with our son, Krishna?
Yes, it does. Jagger's the only one from this household who will move in with Mint.

Jagger: Hearing that I'll be moving with Mint really picks up my spirits!
I crawl out of my Pit of Sadness to begin to learn painting, even though I can't be mentored now.

Cheeky boy that I am, I even attempt to paint a portrait of my niece Mint!
I think you'll enjoy living with Mint, Jagger!  I can't say more than that right now.

Arun: You will be a perfect roomie for Ayato, the Gen4 Zanna heir! More than that I cannot say at the moment.

Alfonso: What do you think about my ageing up to a young adult, Papa Arun?
I know Laura will age me up early if I ask her, but I'm afraid of getting a negative trait.

Mina: Hey, where did our roof just go?!
Alfonso needs to "Own a rocket" as part of his Nerd Brain aspiration, but there's no space on the ground.
Don't worry. I'll be selling that rocket and re-roofing that room right away.

Arun: Great job, Alfonso! Your handiness is already Level 7!
As soon as Mint gets home, let's take a quick trip to Granite Falls then we can all head to Desert Bloom Park.

Mint: I return home from work with that guaranteed promotion!
Mama tells me that we're all off to Desert Bloom Park tonight so I better get changed.

Hmmmm….should I bring a violin for skilling or ask Papa to introduce me that Alex boy?

Jagger: I don't know, Papa Arun! Ever since I got the Kleptomaniac trait, people seem to give me such a wide berth.
Arun: That's not true, Jagger! You know very well that all the people who matter still deeply care about you.

Jagger: But the Zannas dropped me like a hot potato!
Arun: Who cares? You're going to have so much fun living with Mint. You just wait!
Be sure to max your painting and learn gardening, too!

Alfonso: When we arrive at Desert Bloom Park, I immediately spy my BFF over by the monkey bars.
Hey, how you doin', Laura? I've come to use the rocket ship so I can't chat long.

Laura: Awww, c'mon, Alfonso. You at least have time to take a picture with me, don't you?

Alfonso: I bid a fond farewell to my adorable under-aged buddy then depart for parts unknown.

I think I prefer to stay at the teen stage. I'll ask Laura to see if she agrees…

Mint: Thanks for mentoring me, Uncle Jagger, but why are we here instead of at the Casbah Gallery?
Jagger: Well, Alfonso needs to go on five rocket missions for his aspiration.

Mint: And that's why I have to learn to play violin outdoors at the park? Why does Alfonso get so much attention?
You'd think our watcher were Team Zanna or something.

Jagger: Don't worry, sugar! Once Alfonso's done with the rocket ship and you have your museum portrait, we can take you wherever you need or want.

Gen3 Heir: Mina Dinero
*Completed Bloodline Requirements
   Reward traits: Pro Slacker, Connections, Carefree, Frugal
   Three gold-medal parties: Wedding party, Dinner Party, House Party
   Mansion Baron aspiration: done
*Incomplete Bloodline Requirements:
   Career: Tech Guru (Level  9)

Gen4 Heir: Mint Dinero
*Completed Move-Out Requirements:
  Toddler skills: Happy Toddler (Level 5 Communication and Imagination)
  Childhood aspiration: Artistic Prodigy
*Incomplete Move-Out Requirements
  Teen job: Fast Food Employee (Level 2)
  A grade in high school: "C"
  Unique skills: Piano (Level 7) and Violin (Level 2)
  Aspiration: Musical Genius (Tier III of IV)
  Portrait: not yet
  Collection: not yet
  Good Friends: Daniela Dinero; (3 more)
  Enemies: (Soma and Zanna)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 7.66. Whatchu Mina by That? (09/17)
« Reply #281 on: September 18, 2017, 01:16:56 AM »
Oh, poor Jagger! Nobody loves a klepto. :( And he's so handsome, too! Oh, well. At least he gets to move in with Mint. And Alfonso is so pleased with himself. I love that you can identify Watchette's Favorite by the choice cc. He is looking awfully cute in his extra-long-sleeved shirt.

Glad Nanny Daichi is making a comeback. He's been such a great character. Inching his way back into Watchette's good graces.

I don't think gaining skills while meditating is new, just very rare. I'm pretty sure my IDC elders, who used to meditate a lot, gained random skills every now and then. They never maxed any, thank goodness, although it wouldn't have been as big a deal in that challenge since skills didn't have to be unique. In an RDC meditating is really playing with fire, I guess!

Mint is working hard and doing great! High five, girl!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 7.66. Whatchu Mina by That? (09/17)
« Reply #282 on: September 18, 2017, 12:06:18 PM »
Alfonso should just age up Laura and let the romance blossom!
I enjoy how prominent the twins have become in the Dinero household.  They've kind of upstaged poor Mint who is stuck shackled to the piano.  Poor girl.
It's nice that they're making such good progress and everything, but Team Serena is still going to win  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 7.67. Closet Needs
« Reply #283 on: September 19, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »
@FrancescaFiori
Jagger getting that Feeling Forlorn advice card was such a perfect coincidence! I raised him into a Top-Notch Toddler so I'm going to find some use for him, dagnabbbit! Lol.
I'm not sure why, but Daichi was unavailable for a few weeks whenever a family hired a nanny. Like you, I'm also glad he's back. For an uncontrolled sim, he's been such a colorful character.

And thanks for sharing the info about meditating and skills. It's been many moons since I played a challenge where I've had to herd elders, so that was a first for me.

@PeregrineTook
Laura's birthday is in three days, so she'll be waiting until then to age up. Why toy with perfection?
My real question is whether I should age them both up to young adults when the Gen4 heirs move. If I leave them as teens, I won't be tempted to see what their toddler looks like, haha.

I tried to get more shots of Mint in this update, but you're right. She's always in the background, wordlessly grinding skills, at this point. The whole scenario reminds me of your Izumi household. Ishikawa and his antics remain a vivid memory but I can't remember the heir's name for the life of me.
And yes, I adore the Serena dynasty, too. Did you notice that, although Gen4 Ayato closely resembles his father Jung, he also does that disdainful eyebrow-lift like Serena?

7.67  Mina Dinero (2/3): Closet Needs

Week 7/Monday

Arun: Alfonso's space missions are taking much longer than expected!
After having Mina and Krishna dig for the materials, I start building a Cloning Machine.

I'm thinking to bring this one home until the end of this week, then bringing it back here.
Having a cloning machine in this park's subterranean Science Lab will be handy for Mint's household after she moves out!
Alfonso (internally): And for Ayato Zanna's…

Mint: After Papa Arun's done with the cloning machine, we move our "party" to the founder's house.
I ask The Well for better grades but all I get is a grade boost after my first school day. *bares teeth

Krishna: Oh Mint, honey, you have no idea! You just got one of the best boosts The Well offers.
The Well: Yeah, a small show of gratitude would be appreciated, little girl!

Krishna (whispers to Mint): Tread veeeerrrrry carefully here. This Well knows our Well.
Mint: O Wondrous Well, I am eternally grateful for your boundless generosity. *curtseys deeply

Well: That's more like it!

Mina: Great idea, Papa Arun! This is a much better place for us to chill while Alfonso completes his space missions.
Arun (sighs): This is such a great recreation room!

Mina: Why did you never tell me that Grandma Daniela had a room like this downstairs?
Arun: Well, she had it built for her heirs to use, so we can come here whenever, but it holds back our garden's growth.

Mina: I've done everything I can possibly do to prepare for work today, except for yoga.

Krishna: No need to feel so impatient, sweetheart.
If you don't max your career today, you'll definitely earn that last promotion tomorrow!

Tuesday

Arun: You know that we're all extremely glad to see you, right? Where have you been?
Daichi: Since I'm a nanny, I love to dine out in my free time to enjoy being pampered by other people.
Nacho Mama was my oasis! After it closed, I went through a period of depression but I'm feeling better these days.

Arun: Well, know that you are always welcome here, Daichi. No one forgets how well you cared for Moss Dinero and my son Krishna.
Gotta run off to work now. Make yourself at home!

Mina: All the kids come home with improved grades and school projects.
My darling brother Alfonso, however, is experiencing an "I'm Not Okay" mood swing (Enraged, +50 Angry).
He goes for a jog then takes a cold shower, but remains enraged.
I try talking him through it but only manage to make him cry.

Krishna: Alfonso, you need to redirect your anger, boy! Go pummel that punching bag outside!

Much to my relief, Alfonso's +50 Angry moodlet quickly vanishes like a summer shower.
I'd never experienced an unintentional Enraged moodlet before. *coughs
So, I was terrified out of my mid that I'd lose my beloved pixelated boi!

Mint: After 10 portraits by Papa Krishna and 18 portraits by Grandma Jessminder, I choose the most valuable portrait.
It's the one in the upper center, worth $7,531. *shrugs

I'd hoped my museum portrait would be one of the last eight by Grandma, where I'm not sitting at the piano.
But those eight are all worth under $3,000 apiece.

Jessminder: Hey, you didn't have to share that particular information! *glares

Mortimer: It's very courteous of you to pay us a visit, Mina. I've been hoping to meet you.
Alex has told me a little about your challenging rivalry, but I still have a few questions.

Mina: Basically, the three of you would be moving in with my daughter and younger brother here, Jagger.
Mortimer: So, you're expecting us to abandon this fabulous Gothic residence for some unfurnished hovel in the boondocks?

Mina: Hardly! You would be living at Oracle Twin Point. You know of it, don't you?
That spacious 50x40 waterfront property in southern Newcrest?
Mortimer: Oh my! I'm looking forward to meeting your daughter. Of course, it's ultimately Alex's decision.

Jessminder: I can't believe I fell for that ole cake thing again!
Alfonso: Hehehe… oh snap! Nobody needs an Essence of Dazed!

Mint: Could today get any better? This afternoon, I earn my first A in high school.
And tonight, I receive my final promotion in the Fast Food career. Time to kiss this unflattering uniform good-bye!

Mina: I throw a non-prestige dinner party so we needn't hassle with party goals. All the Dineros are here!
Well, everyone except my mother for obvious reasons.  It's just like old times!

Jagger: I'm glad your family all came here tonight, Cassandra.
Cassandra: Our pleasure, really.

Jagger: Hey, Cass, would you mind meeting me out front? There's something we need to do in the closet.
Cassandra: Excuse me, Jagger? Are you trying to take advantage of my flirty mood, mister?
Jagger: Never!

Mint (internally): Alex is in a flirty mood but is acting all nervous. It's rather adorable!
Alex (internally): Pull yourself together and make small talk, dude! Don't let her gorgeous everything overwhelm you!

Mortimer: How do you do? My name's Mortimer Goth.
Massimo: A pleasure to meet you, sir. My name's Massimo Zanna.

Mortimer (internally): Massimo Zanna, Massimo Zanna…why does his name sound so familiar!?

Cassandra: So I've come out here to your closet, just like you asked, Jagger. Why not just ask me for a kiss?
Jagger: Heavens no, Cassandra! We've only just met but there's something I need to do to you in the closet.

Cass: A makeover! You don't think I look like I'm trying too hard to seem grown-up, do you?

Jagger: You're a knock-out, Cass. And I'm hoping we'll both be young adults by the end of this week.

Arun: Hallelujah! Daichi has started cleaning autonomously again!

Daichi (internally): After Mortimer finishes that bite, I'm snatching his plate.

Massimo: Why did I even bother to attend this party? Where's Moss?

Mina: My father arrives in the most terrible mood, making ugly faces and arguing with everyone.

Mina: It takes four of us to finally calm Papa down, but he hasn't spoken a word yet to Massimo.

Massimo: Have you lost interest in me already?
Moss: Not on your life, my heart. I'm just so upset now and don't want to say anything regrettable to you.

Mint: Once Alex relaxes, we get along famously!

Alex (sighs): I take Mint out front to introduce her to my father.
Can you believe he plays a pity card and she ends up comforting him? *rolls eyes

Mortimer: That vampire Massimo Zanna! He's the monster who stole Bella away from me.
How could she leave me for him? What does he have that I don't!? *sobs

Alfonso: You've got that wrong, Mr. Goth! Your ex-wife isn't with Massimo Zanna at all.
She's going to marr…..ouch! Why did you step on my foot, Mint?
Mint: Just hush, okay?

Wednesday

Mina: Aaahhhh, this is the life! Feels so great to be done with all my bloodline requirements!
Jessminder: I’m done with Mint's portraits so I'm basically free all day every day, just like you.

Mina: I've been trying to invite Daichi to join us here but I can't.
Jessminder: Do you think it's because he's in Nanny mode?

Mint: Alfonso, Jagger, and I all take the day off from school today.
Technically, they're my uncles but they treat me like a younger sister, which is nice.

Song-writing is an excruciatingly slow process, even for a music loving, musical genius like me!
I license my first song, hoping that its artistic quality reflects the 12 hours I devoted to composing it.

Jessminder: Mina, do you realize that Nanny Liz was the nanny at our house at the end of last week?
Mina: Yes, I noticed that. When this week started, though, I discovered Daichi in the twins' bedroom, spraying under their beds.

Jessminder: Another weird thing is that he hasn't left once since Sunday. He's always here, bless his heart.
Mina: I love having Daichi back so I don't mind at all that he's transformed into The-Nanny-Who-Never Leaves. Only one question, though.

Jessminder: What's that?
Mina: How do we get Daichi to change back into his floral pants!?

Mint: One song down and three more to go!
If any of you have any secret strategies for speeding up the song-writing process, be sure to let me know!

Gen3 Heir: Mina Dinero
*Completed Bloodline Requirements: All
   Career: Tech Guru/Start-up Entrepreneur (Level  10)

Gen4 Heir: Mint Dinero
*Completed Move-Out Requirements:
  Portrait: $7,513
  A grade in high school: yes
  Teen job: Fast Food Employee (Level 3)
*Incomplete Move-Out Requirements
  Unique skills: Piano (Level 9) and Guitar (Level 2)
  Aspiration: Musical Genius (Tier III of IV)
  Collection: not yet
  Good Friends: Daniela Dinero; Hugo Villareal (2 more)
  Enemies: (Soma and Zanna)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 7.67. Closet Needs (09/19)
« Reply #284 on: September 19, 2017, 07:37:39 PM »
Mint got some spotlight time!!  What a lucky girl  :=)  Her budding romantic scenes were adorable, by the way!!  And the interaction with the well...quite excellent!
Thank goodness Alfonso was okay!!  If he'd died of anger and caused Laura trauma and heartbreak I'd never forgive him!
Another lovely update  :=)