Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 180453 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A New Strategy for Portraits
« Reply #300 on: October 05, 2017, 12:03:53 PM »
@PeregrineTook
I'm glad that you've remained so fond of Laura because I've become quite attached to her too. Laura and Alfonso spent their childhoods overshadowed by their twin siblings (Vitoria and Jagger, respectively) but now they are basking in a little spotlight all of their own.
So happy that you approve!

7.72.  Vittoria Zanna (2/4): A New Strategy for Portraits

Week 6/Monday

Laura: The chemistry between Alfonso and me soars off the charts!

Laura: He is too cute for words!
He's a genius geek and very smart yet he's got this incredibly shy and naïve side.
I seriously doubt that I could be any crazier about him!

Now that we're officially an item, however, I need to get back to painting!

Masato: Once school's out, I invite my son over and help him with his homework.
What's your aspiration, Makoto? We can help you with skilling, maybe.

Makoto: I'm pretty sure that Satoshi and his obsessive fishing cheated me out of any progress in an aspiration.
For one thing, no one can even remember what aspiration I have!

Makoto: Excuse me, dude, but would you mind not hitting on my dad? I have a mother, you know!
Alfonso: Sorry, but I'm not actually hitting on him! I'm feeling flirty because of my girlfriend, Laura.
But she went inside to continue painting, leaving me in this Very Flirty mood.

Makoto: Oh okay, so all that pinkness is not for my dad? It's all good then.

Laura: Why no, Ayato didn't actually pose for me, Paola.
I chose "Paint from Reference" then took a photo of one of your paintings over there.

Paola: Very clever, Laura. I wish I had thought of that!  I still need to paint a dark form portrait of Ayato.
Perhaps your trick could help me paint a masterpiece portrait based on a non-masterpiece.
That way, I wouldn't need to interrupt his writing by asking him to pose.

Tuesday

Laura: My first day of high school, at last!
Ayato: Hey, it's only my second day of high school, you know!

Laura: Yeah, but I'm the twin sister of your mother, Ayato!
As a spare, I never get to age up early so my teen birthday took forever!
Ayato: Well, good thing you're coming with me when I move out, then, eh?
You, Alfonso, and I will all celebrate our young adult birthdays on the same day!

Bella: How is this whole situation even fair?
Laura gets the vampire cure and enjoys being all lovey-dovey with her new boyfriend!
Meanwhile, I'm forever stuck in the basement, either gardening or practicing yoga.

Vitoria: Precisely! I won't have you constantly chatting up Jung and Masato.
And whenever you drop or complete your queue, you make a beeline to whichever one is available.

Bella: But I'm a Romantic! I can't help myself!

Vitoria: And that's exactly why our watcher keeps you confined in the basement.
Whereas Ayato can easily find someone to replace you, where would you go if he turns you out?

Bella: As if I could be so easily replaced, girl! I'm gorgeous and family-oriented.
Also, I have full sunlight resistance, maxed gardening, and Level 8 Parenting.
Replace that, Vitoria!

Vitoria: Bella, I've been so busy with my own requirements that I hadn't noticed how much you've improved yourself!
Just stay away from Masato and Jung, okay? Otherwise, Ayato will lose interest no matter what you offer.

Masato: I only occasionally offer vampiric training to Ayato during his writing breaks these days.
Once Makoto leaves for school, my gluttonous self has nothing better to do than cook, eat, and get nauseated.

Who should walk by in the midst of one my vicious cycles but my beloved Ulrike?
I run to her side and immediately pledge my eternal love!

Masato: What do you mean by "this tent is a neighborhood eyesore"?
Who do you think you are, the East Newcrest Homeowners' Association?
Go take it up with Serena Zanna! On second thought, don't you dare!

This is merely a temporary installation, kind sir. It will vanish within the hour!
I don't want to risk offending my gentle lady by taking her to my coffin.

Paola: Welcome to our portrait factory!
I have high hopes for this new method, using the portrait on the far right for reference.

Laura: For my Painter Extraordinaire aspiration, I'm not painting Classical paintings which is our watcher's modus operandi.
Instead, I'm only painting from reference, based on another portrait of Ayato on the wall behind me.

Vitoria: Ladies, is it possible to patent this strategy to prevent the other bloodlines from stealing it?

Ulrike: Oh Masato, because we are both mere helpers, I hadn't dreamed that you would propose!
Masato: So much more I wish to do for you and with you, my lady.
Please be mine forever!

Masato: You deserve a fabulous wedding, darling Ulrike.
In this challenge, however, only the Dineros throw weddings as part of their bloodline requirements.
I'm pretty sure Serena the founder and the Zanna heirs have never hosted a wedding.

Ulrike: Masato, enough said. I'm delighted to elope with you and become your wife!
Does this mean that I'll be moving into Ayato's new household?

Ayato: Begone, plebian part-time job! You are beneath me! *phones to quit his Level 3 Retail Employee job

Wednesday

Ayato: Let's be honest about this request for advice here.
Everything about me has been planned out by our watcher from the get-go.

Bella: Oh come on, honey! Nihilism does not become you.
Go ahead and choose "Pick something you like." Pretend you have options!

Bella: Now that we're BFFs, will you give me access to your room?
Ayato: Nope.

Bella: Why not?
Ayato: Because I'm working on my museum collection now and you'd distract me.
If you really want to help, please go max out your Parenting skill.

Bella: I can do that! *runs off

Thursday

Ayato: I have tentatively chosen my two museum portraits.
Of course, nothing's set in stone until I've placed them in the Zanna museum.

Considering Laura just started painting on her teen birthday on Monday, it's quite surprising that she painted my most valuable dark-form portrait.

Ayato: Whose idea was it, anyway, that I complete Social Butterfly instead of Artistic Prodigy?
Alas, I have failed miserably to produce any worthy novels.

Since it's already Thursday morning, I will try for one more novel worth $300+ then turn to my other requirements.
I'm sure my last five levels of Charisma will take hours and hours!

Ayato: On the plus side, I am now a Prime Vampire.
That's right, folks, I'm only two ranks away from becoming a Grand Master!

Ayato: While I'm cleaning up the kitchen, I suddenly enter a Mean Phase. Why?
I'd have preferred an Inspired Phase or even a Tireless Phase.
Why are all the teenage phases so negative?

Laura: Eh, join the club, Ayato. I've been in the Loud Phase since Tuesday.
Don't worry. Watchette has kept my mood so topped up that I never have any downtime to act out.

Laura: Hi, sweetheart. Yeah, I'm not attending school anymore.
Alfonso: What's up, doll? You caught me during my lunch break. Miss me?

Laura: So…I couldn't wait to tell you that Ayato has 95% chosen a painting of mine as one of his two museum portraits!
Alfonso: Way to go, Laura! That makes you the next portrait painter, doesn't it?

Laura: Yep, it means that neither Paola Pizzazz nor Ulrike Faust will be moving in with Ayato.
Alfonso: Wait, don't tell me! Let me do the math: Ayato + Bella = 3, Masato + Makoto = 2, and…and…and…
Laura: Bingo! *laughs happily

Ayato: I can't believe how many days and nights I've spent confined in my room, writing!
I take time out to harvest and evolve the garden. Just one more harvest and I'll be able to graft!

Bella (mutters): How does everyone except me learn to garden so quickly!?

Ayato: This is how I see the rest of this week.
I quit writing once my collection of novels exceeds $2,000 worth (yes, I am that untalented), then I max charisma, and make two enemies.
After placing my museum items on the founder's lot, I'll be ready to move out.

Current Week 7 Status: Zanna Line

Gen3 Heir: Vitoria Zanna
*Completed bloodline requirements: ALL

Gen4 Heir: Ayato Zanna
  Traits: Charmer; Outgoing, Cheerful
*Completed move-out requirements
  Toddler Skills: Happy Toddler (L5 Imagination and Communication)
  Childhood aspiration: Social Butterfly
  Good Friends: Serena Zanna; Jagger Dinero, Alfonso Dinero, Arun Bheeda
  Aspiration: Leader of the Pack (done)
  "A" in high school: yes
  Teen career: Retail Employee (Level 3)
  Portraits (2/2): $20,623 (normal: $10,891; dark: $9,732) [subject to change]
*Incomplete move-out requirements:
  Skills: Writing (Level 10) and Charisma (Level 5)
  Collection (7): Novels
  Enemies: (Dinero and Soma)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A New Strategy for Portraits (10/05 new)
« Reply #301 on: October 05, 2017, 07:15:22 PM »
Go Laura!!!  She is the painter supreme!!!  (Izumi Took was actually quite similar while poor Rieko and Robyn were/are now nearly as quickly effective...must be a redhead thing).
Your portrait strategy was quite clever!!  I'm not saying I'll steal it, but I may borrow a heavy amount of inspiration from it  ;=)
Makoto's issue with Alfonso hitting on his dad was rather amusing!  Also, Masato and Ulrike are adorable!!
Ayato!!  You need to write more valuable novels!!  Team Serena is counting on you!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A New Strategy for Portraits (10/05 new)
« Reply #302 on: October 05, 2017, 11:04:34 PM »
@oshizu

Nice job, Laura. Way to go, Zannas! If you really wanted to make this close and give the Zannas more of a chance, you could just not give the Dinero and Soma heirs their reward traits. The helpers get to paint high quality portraits but the heirs would be making things of roughly similar value (assuming handiness for Zanna, painting for Soma, and maybe handiness for Dinero, given that they can't write books without reaching level 10).

Or... I'm pretty sure meals count as museum pieces and ambrosia is worth a metric ton according to the guide. Might want to try a separate file real quick to make sure. I think if that goes through, the Zannas'll have a chance, though getting those seven Youth potions might be a little risky. Just checked and yep, Meals are on the list of acceptable museum items. As they're your last family, too, you wouldn't even need to worry about them spoiling if you make them right before move out.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A Handyman's Harem
« Reply #303 on: October 06, 2017, 01:44:07 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Wow, odd that Izumi Took also began painting pricey portraits right off the bat. A redhead thing, you say? :D
Haha, you, my friend, are very free to exploit the portrait of a portrait tactic!  The Zannas just don't want their rivals using it, obviously!
Ayato is keenly aware that the museum collections of he and the final Gen5 heir will make or break the Zanna victory! He is doing all he can!

@dontmindme
Thank you for all your suggestions. In fact, I'd already decided on a solution the day before yesterday. Regarding reward traits, I start giving all of my non-vampire sims reward traits from childhood. Oh, I see that you are referring to not giving them to the Gen5 Dinero and Soma heirs. Hmmmm, hmmmmm.
I'm confused about your remark about "writing books after Level 10." Any teen and older can begin writing novels as soon as they sit down at a computer, can't they?

Yes, I'd asked about ambrosia in the Rival Dynasties Challenge thread, specifically with regards to who should supply the Potions of Youth. XD
That's all I can say for now (but you have such a knack for sussing out my strategies, haha).  ;)

7.73.  Vittoria Zanna (3/4): A Handyman's Harem

Week 6/Thursday

Vitoria: Excuse me!? How many times do I need to phone you before you'll finally let me quit?
Just let me quit already!

My  game has a glitch where a sim cannot quit a full-time job without making multiple phone calls.
Vitoria has to phone 5-6 times before she can quit.

Ayato: I am keeping Writing as one of my two unique skills, but am moving to Plan B for my museum collection.
Writing novels is a huge time sink without commensurate reward!

Jung: I'm glad you've chosen handiness, son! This skill, I can help you with.
Ayato: After a citrus bath soak and cognitive focusing exercise, I'm ready for hardcore skilling.

Vitoria (mutters): I am the Gen3 Zanna heir! Why am I chained to a meditation stool?

I lock you out of rooms where Ayato is skilling, yet you teleport inside using Mist form.
You need to let your son focus, Vitoria.
Don't you even remember how it was when you were trying to move out?

Vitoria: Hmmmph. After finishing my bloodline requirements I get no respect around here.
I'm just trying to prevent you from chatting with your son and from maxing the wrong skill, dear Vitoria!

Bella: Who are all those little girls in the hallway, Ayato?
Ayato: Let's see. That's Olivia Kim-Lewis from Willow Creek in pink and Billie Jang from San Myshuno in yellow.
The blonde Saya Nakamura and pigtailed Kendall Brothers are probably not-in-the-world sims.

Bella: Let me rephrase my question, dear. Exactly why are they here?
Ayato: I have five good friends who aren't household members, relatives, or nannies: these four girls and Lucas Munch.

Ayato: Don't you remember, Bella, that I have the Vampire Family aspiration? I plan to make these four my offspring!
"Offer to turn" as a Friendly social doesn't damage the relationship but forced turning as a Vampiric social creates red bars.
Eventually I need to be good friends with five offspring, so I'm starting with these four.

Bella: I'm not sure I like where this is going, Ayato. You have me and yet you're creating a vampire harem?
Ayato: Hardly! When I checked my relationships, Lucas Munch and these girls were my good friends! They must be from my Social Butterfly days.

Ayato: Quite frankly, I had the highest hopes for you, Saya Nakamura.
Perhaps you will look more alluring after a makeover? Makeovers, however, will have to wait until Week 8!

Ayato: Olivia's facial expression while being turned was quite a turn-off!

Saya (left): …and after he bit my neck, I drank his vampiric essence from his wrist!

Billy (right): That's so cool! Do you think he plans to turn all four of us?

Kendall (center): Does this mean we'll be stuck forever as teens, without ever ageing?

Ayato: Next, Billy seeks me out eagerly, begging to be turned.

Don't be alarmed, Kendall. I'm the kind of vampire who likes to save the best for last!

Ayato: Kendall Brothers is an unflirty insider.
I ask you, readers: If this is what she's like when she's feeling unflirty…

My premonition was correct. Kendall's blood tastes most divine!

She drinks voraciously of my vampiric essence. Greedy girl!

Kendall: What are these eerie physical sensations?! These pink swirls? An immaculate conception?
Ayato: Unfortunately not, Kendall. But don't worry, dear girl. Your discomfort will vanish completely in a few days.

Kendall: When will I transform into a vampire, O Master?
Ayato: You can just call me Ayato like before. I think the process takes three days. Too bad Sunday falls into Week 8.

Kendall: But we will meet on Sunday? You will me help me through the transition, won't you?

Ayato (to himself): How can I keep my offspring safe during my inactive weeks?
And, it's surely just as well that I'll be ageing up and out of Kendall's age bracket, isn't it?

Why would my family believe I could trust a woman who abandoned her husband and two kids to marry me?
Fie on my family and their pre-arranged marriages!!! *curses his fate

Friday

Ayato: Thanks to your mentoring, Papa, I've reached Level 7 Handiness. I'm off to Granite Falls.
Jung: Not so fast, Ayato. It's already light out and you could burn up.

Ayato: Oh! You mixed me a Sunlight Reversal Cocktail, Papa. The little purple umbrella is a cute touch!

Thus, like many before him, Ayato makes the venerable pilgrimage to the Giant Camping Mascot Guy.

Ayato: Oh man, I'm glad I stopped writing novels when I did!
My first three camping mascots are all worth $1,500 each.
Jung: So, no regrets?

Ayato: Are you kidding me? A single camping mascot is worth just a little less than all those novels combined!
Even better, my museum collection will be done in no time!

Masato: My son Masato's been visiting since late afternoon.
It pains me that he's a "C" student in grade school, so I help him with his homework.
Then, I buy him a school project, only to learn that I can't influence him to work on it.

Poor Ulrike! After all her hard work with the Somas, she's become a not-in-the-world sim, just so Makoto can live with me.

Bella: I need to talk to you right now, Vitoria! It's an emergency!
Vitoria: What?

Bella: You need to let me lose this soccer-mom hair and baggy turtleneck.
Have you seen the way that "unflirty" Kendall Brothers clings to Ayato? 
He's even briefly considered moving in Kendall instead of Masato's son Makoto. Watchette, I know you've toyed with the idea as well!
Watchette: unavailable for comment

Bella: This means WAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!

Saturday

Ayato: Before sunlight becomes an issue, I head for the Zanna Museum with Mama.

The sum total of my two portraits ($20,623) and sculptures ($10,500) is $31,123.
My novels? I'm going to save them for publishing after I move to my own lot.

Ayato: Mama, do you think our watcher will ever favor me as much as she favors your father Massimo?
Vitoria: Well, Massimo's had several save files in which to cultivate and leave a memorable impression.

Vitoria: Pssst, Watchette!
You rang, Vitoria?
Vitoria: I can't believe you dragged me over here only to take a shot of the back of my head.
I just wanted to avoid having to answer Ayato's question directly, you know?

Ayato: Back home, under the The Well's mischievous smirk, Papa finally makes an honest vampire out of Mama.
At last!

Ayato: I go tell Bella that two enemies are all I need to move out but…wow!

Vitoria (whispers): Don't you think you're pushing your luck with that croptop and those low-slung jeans?
Bella: Pfft! What? You think I work out for my health? This body used to be a career asset!

Ayato: Due to a popup that someone is turning into a vampire, I look around our neighborhood.
Is Olivia transforming already even though I just turned her yesterday!?

And isn't that Kendall walking from the opposite direction?
They need to get out of the sunlight! NOW!

Current Week 7 Status: Zanna Line

Traits: Charmer; Outgoing, Cheerful
*Completed move-out requirements:
  Good Friends: Serena Zanna; Alfonso Dinero, Arun Bheeda, Kendall Brothers
  Portraits (2/2): $20,623 (normal: $10,891; dark: $9,732)
  Skills: Writing and Handiness (both Level 10)
  Collection (7/7): $10,500 (Camping mascots x7 @$1,500)
*Incomplete move-out requirements:
  Enemies: (Dinero and Soma)

Author's Note
I will be posting one more update for Week 7 with the Zanna household, which features Ayato striking out on his own.

You may be wondering why I've suddenly ramped up my posting pace for this challenge.
Well, Week 8 will be all about the birth of the final fifth-generation heirs. Then, all three Gen5 heirs will move out by the end of Week 9, marking the end of this challenge (I hope).

I do want to complete (or fail) this Rival Dynasties Challenge before the end of 2017.
Since I still have at least seven to twelve updates left, I've decided to try and post more frequently.

Thank you for following this story so far. Because of its "racey" nature, I realize it can be hard to keep track of all the household members.
For me, this has been a rather grind-y challenge so, as much as I've loved all the wonderful sims born within this challenge, I look ahead eagerly to starting a new challenge.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A Handyman's Harem (10/06 new)
« Reply #304 on: October 06, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »
Wow -- Fast work! I love the Zanna Museum. It's perfect for vampires. And Bella doesn't need to worry -- she's still the most beautiful Sim of all.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: A Handyman's Harem (10/06 new)
« Reply #305 on: October 06, 2017, 07:50:49 PM »
Team Kendall.  Sorry, Bella.  You're always an option, and Kendall is a miraculous gift.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed (in spirit, since it's hard to Sim and/or type with crossed fingers) that Serena's family comes out ahead in the end.  Carve, Ayato!  Carve like the wind!!  Then marry Kendall and run off happily into the sinset!!  That was a typo, but I think I prefer it to what I meant  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Oh Kendall!
« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2017, 12:08:05 AM »
@MarianT
Thank you! Some skills are just easier for heirs to max, as you know, especially if the older household members are already ready to mentor.
All three museums are actually quite small which, I realized too late, is a bit of a problem. There's just enough space to place the portrait(s)/collection of each founder/heir in their own teeny cubby and snap a screenshot.
Yes, Bella is not only beautiful but now also highly skilled….

@PeregrineTook
You just had to go and vote Team Kendall, didn't you? As you can no doubt tell, both Ayato and I both immediately took to Kendall. And despite being unflirty, Kendall was very attracted to Ayato as well. Ayato and I had just resigned ourselves to choosing Bella because that's what the famiglia wants, then you reawakened Ayato's doubts….What to do, what to do…

7.74a.  Ayato Zanna (4/4): Oh, Kendall!

Week 6/Saturday

Ayato: This is going to be such a busy day that I've had to compile a Get Things Done list for myself!
First on the list comes making Mina Dinero my enemy.

Ayato: Things go well until I suffer a mood swing, plunging into an eight-hour Very Sad mood.
You've got to be kidding me! I begin losing momentum in my argument with Mina.

Mama rushes over to Share Detox Secrets with me, but to no avail.

As a last resort, Laura gives me a Moodlet Solver which dissipates my Very Sad mood.
Notice that, unlike Laura, however, I do not stand and chug my drink.
Never! I sit down and sip it like a gentleman should.

Laura: You're welcome, dude!

Ayato: I am distracted by the notification that someone's transforming into a vampire nearby.
It's my dear Kendall!

Ayato: I long to rush to her but (1) I'm in the middle of fighting with Mina Dinero, and (2) even if I weren't in a fight, I don't have any sunlight resistance.

Masato and Laura both agree to lure Kendall into our home to play chess or listen to music.

Ayato: Now I'm free to focus on the matter at hand, declaring Mina Dinero my enemy!
Don't let the door slam on the way out, dear!

Ayato: Outside, Bella is falling under the charm of my great-grandfather Caleb.
How utterly typical of her! But she's distracted and I'm not one to let an opportunity slip by!

Ayato: I quickly add now-vampire Kendal to our club while Papa lights some birthday candles.
Then I choose to age up Kendall, which brings her into our house at last.

And, yes, how very observant of you! The redhead in the center of the room is Erina.

Jung: I had Vitoria mix me a Draught of Reconfiguration earlier so I could gain the Vampire Creation power.
Erina seems to like me (a lot, I might add), but refuses to let me turn her. I wonder why not.

Ayato: I had been "saving" myself for my offspring, if you'd like to know.
But Papa's failure requires me to step up to the plate to save the game, so to speak

I'm not considering Erina at all for one of my five offspring, as you might have guessed.
Nonetheless, she readily agrees to my offer to turn her.

Due to Erina's present "condition," Satoshi Soma will need to wait even longer to produce an heir.

Ayato: Girl, stop holding your tummy as if you're with child. Satoshi will get the wrong idea!

Erina: But how will I explain this. More important, when is your young adult birthday?

Ayato: Back to my Kendall, I learn that her third trait is Foodie.
Yes, I could live with an unflirty insider who's a foodie! And she's so lovely!

Ayato: She's a young adult so all I can do for now is become BFFs with her.
I also offer her, my love, vampiric training for the very first time.

And then I send Kendall off to the closet with Mama for a make-over.

Important notice: At this point in my gameplay, my save file glitched.
When I exited the closet/CAS, my game time had reverted to the beginning of this simming session: early Saturday morning.
After receiving the Challenges Team's approval to replay my challenge from that time, I restarted.
I tried to do everything as similarly as possible to the first time.

Bella: I'm feeling forlorn due to the lack of romance in my current life and seek out Caleb once more.
From afar, I see Akira Soma's wife Jun chatting Caleb up, much to his sister Lilith's displeasure.
I trudge home in disappointment.

Ayato: While Papa shares Vampire Knowledge with Kendall, I find that I can use Detect Personality on her.
Can you hear the sound of my heart breaking into a million pieces?
The second time around, Kendall gains Mean as her third trait.

I had yet to ask Kendall to live with me and be my wife, but now I never will.

Vitoria: You're absolutely right, Ayato. We Zannas have too much at stake here to risk you marrying a mean sim. Farewell, Kendall!

Ayato: What? You're wondering why I'm viewing flirty paintings with Sofia Bjergsen?
If you must know, I'd been planning to seduce Sofia, since she's the other young adult female in Satoshi Soma's household.

I forgot, however, that I am still a teenager. Well, that's a bust!

Ayato: Oh well, the seduction part was only the icing anyway. Back to Plan A: the cake!

Now, Claire Bjergsen is the only non-vampire woman in Satoshi's household and she's married. Mwahahaha!

Ayato: Once I've declared Megumi Soma my enemy, I'll be ready to move out.
She's already angry when she arrives, so I hope this will go quickly.

Masato: Ain't gonna lie! I'm so relieved that Kendall is out of the picture.

I mean, I feel bad for Ayato losing his only chance at true love and all that.
But I know he was considering moving Kendall in to replace either Bella or my son Makoto.

By the way, I've decided not to age up Makoto before he moves in.
If he remains a child, I won't need to worry about him burning up.

Ayato: What a crime to declare such a lovely, delicate, sensitive lady my enemy!
Alas, such is the life of a dynasty heir! *strikes tragic pose

Yo, break out the birthday cake, people! Your boi is done with move-out requirements!

I know this seems like nothing to you Parenthood professionals out there.
But I'm pretty sure Ayato is my first bloodline heir to earn an extra trait from a character value.
I'm eager to see how his Responsible trait plays out in his career.

What? You think it odd that, among all my heirs, Ayato would be the Responsible one? Hehe

Masato: Happy birthday, Ayato! Oh hey, who's the lady in the towel back there?

Bella: Ayato, isn't that one of your "offspring"?
Ayato: She is, but I don't know anything about that towel. Teen here until a second ago, remember?

Bella: Whatever. Satoshi's household had six members and now it'll have at least seven!
Vitoria: Yeah, no adding Maaike Haas or another skilled helper to that household now.

Ayato: After that, I move out Masato, Bella, and Laura, then age up Laura and Alfonso.

It's been one hectic day so far, including the pain of having to let Kendall go.
But I'm finally ready to move out!

Ayato: I move to the 30x20 lot next door to the founder, then move in the rest of my household.
Laura, Masato, and Bella are soon joined by Alfonso Dinero and Masato's son Makoto.

After some preliminary flirting, Bella and I try for baby as bats.
I join the Politician career and The Well grants me a guaranteed promotion after my next shift. So far, so good!

Bella: I knew Ayato would come to his senses and choose me!
Oh Bella, you have no idea what a close call it was! You better treat him well!

Folks, we have hit the 25-image limit, so this update will continue in the very short post below.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Oh, Kendall (Part 2)
« Reply #307 on: October 08, 2017, 12:21:41 AM »
7.74b. Oh, Kendall! (Continued)

Note: This very short post is the second part of a two-part update.  To return to the first part, click here.

Ayato: Since we still have some time, we head out for two destinations.
What a surprise to discover  Nanny Daichi in San Myshuno, moonlighting as a busker!

Alfonso: Who should show up but Erina? She promptly starts selling her paintings.
Won't Erina need those flirty paintings to get romantic with Satoshi Soma in Week 8?

Heirs are usually so busy preparing to move out that, once they move out, they need help getting the romance going.

Alfonso: Never let it be said that Alfonso Dinero is not a gentleman.
The lady wants to sell her flirty paintings?  Then, I will buy every last one.

Good luck getting Very Flirty when you and Satoshi finally try for baby, Erina!
I never knew that a sim could traipse off and autonomously sell off items in their personal inventory!
That is sooooooo dangerous and warrants my very, very close attention in the future!

Laura: Both Bella and I are eating for two! *smiles happily
As soon as the produce vendor arrives, we rush over and buy the produce we need.

Masato: I know you've had a really long day, Ayato. You must be exhausted.
Ayato: Yeah, it's been one continuous emotional roller-coaster all day.
I can't believe that Kendall was almost mine, then a glitch altered her third trait!

Masato: The last thing you need to do today is fish up a cowberry and dragonfruit for your garden requirement.
Fish them up, plant them back home, then we can call Week 7 a wrap!

For now, we leave Ayato's new household, located on the Hillside Highlands.

What does Week 8 hold for the Dineros, Somas, and Zannas?
Peeking at her family tree, Bella learns the gender and skintone of her two Dinero grandchildren.
Ayato suffered an unfortunate romantic loss but made tremendous gains in the rivalry.

Ayato: What? You think what we did today was excessively underhanded?
Oh come on! We all know that the Zannas are going to win this challenge anyway.

I just wanted to shake things up with a little drama and surprise.
Not too much drama, you know, just enough to keep the competition thrilling. *winks

Final Week 7 Status: Zanna Line

Traits: Charmer; Outgoing, Cheerful, Self-Assured
*Completed move-out requirements: ALL
  Toddler Skills: Happy Toddler (L5 Imagination and Communication)
  Childhood aspiration: Social Butterfly
  Good Friends: Serena Zanna; Alfonso Dinero, Arun Bheeda, Kendall Brothers
  Portraits (2/2): $20,623 (normal: $10,891; dark: $9,732)
  Skills: Writing and Handiness (both Level 10)
  Collection (7/7): $10,500 (Camping mascots x7 @$1,500)
  Enemies: Mina Dinero and Megumi Soma
Incomplete bloodline requirements
  Two tier-5 vampire powers:
  Aspiration: Vampire Family (Tier III of IV)
  Career: Politician (Level 2)
  Garden (6/6 plants): just started

Gen5 Heir: ? Zanna
Date of birth: Sunday, Week 8

Map of Newcrest: End of Week 7

Mint: Each dynasty's Gen4 heir moved out this week, with the dynasties now occupying four lots each.
I naturally occupy the largest lot in all of Newcrest! *puffs with pride

Satoshi: I helped the Somas move to second place in terms of museum worth, at the expense of neither conceiving an heir nor joining a career before The Big Switch.

Ayato: The Zannas must remain vigilant as our victory is not entirely secure!

Final Week 7 Comparison

Bloodlines
Dinero
Soma
Zanna
Museum
 $74,232
 $77,336
$101,120
   Careers
   Musician (4)
   None
   Politician (2)
     Gen5 birth
     Sun, Week 8
     Not conceived
     Sun, Week 8

Ayato: Despite the lack of reward traits, we Zannas sustain our No. 1 spot for museum worth!

Mint: As the affluent Mansion Baron bloodline, we got complacent about having the most valuable portraits and museum collections, especially after Gen2 Moss Dinero's fantastic performance.
I really should have tried harder than Whirlyflower Frogs.

Satoshi: The Somas have high hopes of beating the Zannas with a final collection of paintings.
But what an underhanded trick, Ayato! Turning the future mother of the Gen5 Soma heir!?!?!
I mean, how could you?

Ayato: First of all, you know I have no sunlight resistance, Satoshi, yet you robbed me of Sunday's night hours by fishing so late.
Secondly, we Zannas play to win! And when we decide to emerge victorious, we're out for blood, both figuratively and literally.

Satoshi: I can't believe you even turned Sofia, my future portrait painter!
Ayato: Hey, things could have been much worse. Be grateful you still have room in your household to produce an heir!
Satoshi: *at a loss for words

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Oh, Kendall! (10/07 new)
« Reply #308 on: October 08, 2017, 01:26:07 AM »
You're so close! You have A++ Sim challenge stamina. It's too bad about Kendall. I was scoping out the Bheeda's daughter for my Sim, but she's evil. :(

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #309 on: October 08, 2017, 10:56:39 AM »
Ayato!  You devious rogue!!!  Turning the competition was quite underhanded.  Of course, it was far nicer than having Masato seduce and impregnate Sofia (and Clara if necessary) to ensure there was no room for the heir to be born (wiggles eyebrows deviously).
It was yet another lovely update.  Poor Kendall.  She was the choice...then she wasn't  :=(  Bella's lovely and a wonderful choice, don't get me wrong, it's just that Kendall was only an option this once (sigh).  Maybe Ayato will keep a mistress?  (wiggles eyebrows evilly again)
Laura has a nooboo on the way!!!  I know I should be more excited about the heir, but no:  little Laura clone is my focus  :=)  I mean, a baby swimming out of the gene pool of Laura and Alfonso can't help but be amazing!  Potential founder of whatever your next challenge is...?

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #310 on: October 08, 2017, 12:20:35 PM »
Whelp, guess Satoshi will have to channel his Serial Romantic dad and impregnate Clara instead. Waiting for Vampire Lore to turn Erina back would cost the Somas way too much time. Still, way to go, Ayato. Somehow, I don't think the other lines can catch the Zannas when they're 30k up with one more collection to go.

What I meant about books is that the Dineros already have someone claiming the Writing skill as unique so therefore no else in the line can max it. Books written before level 10 aren't worth a whole lot in my experience. So they have to try something else.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 7.75. How Mortifying, Mortimer!
« Reply #311 on: October 09, 2017, 11:21:24 PM »
@reggikko
Thank you so much for rewarding my dogged determination with such a high grade!
I'm sorry to hear about the Bheeda's daughter. I really wonder why so many townies end up with the Mean or Evil trait.

@PeregrineTook
Haha, great minds think alike! "We" did briefly consider filling up Satoshi Soma's two empty household slots with nooboos to prevent him from producing an heir at all, but decided that the Zannas didn't have to go THAT far to ensure their victory.

When my game glitched, everything about the file reverted to the start of my gaming session except Kendall's makeover. Insider, unflirty, and foodie don't form a great trait combo, but Kendall was so pretty plus she and Ayato really clicked. *sighs heavily
A mistress, you say? Now you've got me wondering about what might have been!

@dontmindme
I can rationalize Bella Goth becoming a dynasty spouse/mother since she agreed to leave her husband. Satoshi being with Clara Bjergsen while Bjorn continues to live under the same roof, though, would just be too weird (even for me).

Thank you for explaining what you meant about books.
When I started this challenge, the founder Daniela and her hubby Salim had maxed Painting and Writing, so I stupidly had them mentor the Gen2 Moss Dinero, What an ignorant decision  to let Moss monopolize both the painting collection and writing skill.

8.75  Mint Dinero (1/4):  How Mortifying, Mortimer!

Week 8/Sunday

Mint: Despite living at Twin Oracle Point, the largest lot in all Newcrest, I can't shake the feeling that I've been a disappointment.

Due to my frog collection, we Dineros are in last place in the rivalry. Can you believe that?
Also, our fifth and final Dinero heir--we've named him Sage--is not a greenboo.

Still, Sage is a beautiful little boy and life is not only about winning. Right?

Jagger: You remember that I'm the younger brother of Mina Dinero (Mint's mother), don't you?
Papa Moss had his heart set on my living with Ayato (Gen4 Zanna heir), but I aged up with the klepto trait.

It's just as well that my twin Alfonso lives with the Zannas, since he's so crazy about Laura.
And me? I've joined the Painter career and will be painting portraits with my lovely wife, Cassandra Goth.

Cass: Our daughter, Natasha, was born on the same day as Sage.
I'd really wanted to name her after one of my grandmothers.

But Jagger vetoed Cornelia for being outdated, and Father nixed Jocasta which is my maternal grandmother's name.
She was born with the name Natasha, though, and Jagger wants to keep it.

Alex: Cass is being mentored in painting by Jagger, but I don't know what my "thing" is.
I started out as a cheerful bookworm and thought I'd become a novelist like Father.

Then I got the Insane trait and Father no longer talks about mentoring me. *sighs
It's fine! I don't mind being a house hubby. Parenting and gardening are both noble pursuits!

Mortimer: I've always identified very strongly with my calling as a novelist.
What a surprise to learn that I'm only a Level 3 Writer with only Level 4 Writing skill!

And would you believe that, apparently, I've never written a book in my life?
No matter! Mint has had built this lovely room just for me! I enjoy listening to baroque music while writing.
I'll become a bestselling author before long…I can feel it in my bones!

Mint: *won't read her Comedy skill book and drops her queue four times

Alex: I know you don't enjoy learning comedy, sweetheart, but you need to hit Level 3 for your next promotion.
Here, let me sit with you while I read a Parenting book. We can read together, okay?

Mint: I can't help it, Alex. I'm just feeling so restless!
I'm planning to throw our wedding party once your father and Jagger get home from work.

Cassandra: Sensing a paranormal occurrence, Jagger and I rush outside to seek its source.
Wow, I'd heard that Erina Haas had been turned but never expected to witness her transformation!

Jagger (hugs Cassandra): I'm so glad that you and Mint have already given birth.
The Zannas have no reason to target the two of you now!
Cassandra: *shudders

Jagger: Oh look, your mother and Vitoria Zanna's husband Jung have shown up!

Cassandra: Gah, no, Mother! Stop applauding Erina's transformation.
Erina needs to go home because newly-transformed vampires have no sunlight resistance!
Even I know that much!

Alex: Thanks for inviting me to the Flea Market to teach me how to haggle, Jagger!
Alfonso: No problem. I thought you could maybe use some tips.

Mint: How's life with the Zannas so far? I know it hasn't been that long yet.
Alfonso: So sweet, Mint! Did you hear, Alex, that both your mother and my Laura are expecting?

Mint: Look, Alex! A whole table filled with snow globes? Do you think it's a complete collection?
Alex: Who knows? But let's buy them all up for my Curator aspiration, anyway!

Alfonso: Nooooooo, you're supposed to haggle first, dude!!!

Alex: Don't be silly, Alfonso! There's too much at stake! What if the vendor refuses to sell me any globe at all!
Alfonso: But look up at the top left of your screen, Alex. You have an event goal to complete.

Mint: Get outta here. I didn't even know "giving haggling tips" was even a thing!

Alex: Fine, I'll go haggle with the guy at the Chinese food stall.
Alfonso: *facepalms

Mint: So, Alfonso, I'm throwing our wedding this evening. Will you attend?
Alfonso: I'd like to see anybody try and stop me. But you should go meet Alex's mother, too.
Alex: Yes, I've been meaning to ask you, Mint. I can't have a wedding and not invite Mother!

The "Haggling with vendor" event goal actually appears at the top left of the screen, just like party goals.
During photo editing, however, I cropped the event goal from another shot then placed it on the lower right, in case you're wondering.

Mint: Alex has a hunch that his mother might still be in the neighborhood, and he's right!
It's so nice to finally meet you, Mrs., uh, what would you like to be called?

Bella: The pleasure's all mine, dear. And please call me Bella.
Now, would you be kind enough to introduce me to my grandson?

Cassandra: Mother, you're here! I've so missed you! Look at you, dressed like you're my age.
Bella: That's a long story, Cass. Oh and, technically, we are the same age now.

Bella: Hey, Mint! Ayato gets off work today at 3 pm. I'll take you to my house to meet him real quick!

Mint (tongue-tied): Nice to meet you, Ayato!
Ayato: That's my line, Mint dear. Well, you are every bit as lovely as everyone says you are!

Mint (internally): Until this moment, I never understood how Erina and Sofia could have agreed to let Ayato turn them.
But his eyes are simply mesmerizing. He is irresistible….must resist….

Bella: Don't you need to go home and prepare for your big wedding? Hisssss!

Mint: I prepare our lot's outdoor area for a modest wedding and reception.
But Cassandra starts a fire while baking the wedding cake, which delays the wedding.

Two hours later, it's finally time!

Mint: Alex darling, you are my best friend, a loving husband, and an attentive father.
What more could I ask for?

Alex: I'm gonna love you, love you, love you, just a little more, babe.

Mint: Okay, Barry White lyrics. I'll take 'em!

Mint: I'm so pleased that all twelve of our invited guests attend our wedding.
Look! Even Nanny Daichi tore himself away from whatever he's usually up to and came!

I'm especially ecstatic to see that Ayato--erm, I mean, Alex's mother Bella--is also here.

Bella: You better watch your step, Mint! Not that you pose any threat to me and mine.
Remember that I've been known to ruin save files to get what I want!

Ayato (internally): So that's what happened to Kendall…
Mortimer (foreground): Bella used to feel that way about me. *sniffle, sniffle

Mint: I don't mean to offend you, Ayato, but I must ask. Do you intend to turn me, too?
Ayato: Thank you putting that thought in my mind but, actually, that would be a rule infraction, correct?

Mint: What about Cassandra? What about Alex? Will you be targeting anyone in my household?

Ayato: Come, come, Mint. Alex and Cass are my step-children, remember? And Alfonso is my Aunt Laura's spouse.
What do you take me for? You and I, my dearest, are practically family! *smolders

Alfonso: Check out Mint clinging to Ayato's every word, Krishna. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Krishna: Yep, a moth to a flame!
Alfonso: I can hear Mint's wings being singed from over here!

Cassandra: Tonight, I answer one of Watchette's long-standing questions about the Snagglefluster drink.
If a mixologist has learned to mix the Snagglefluster, you CAN hire that mixologist and order a Snagglefluster from them while they're tending bar.
Cool trick, right?

Daniela (Gen1): I hear that Mint has already earned a gold medal for her wedding party.
So why doesn't she end the party now? She'll barely have time to clean up before midnight.

Oh, I see how it is. She better take care. Those Zanna men are ruthless heartbreakers.
Mortimer: Tell me about it!

Monday

Mint: I receive two promotions tonight, one from work and another from The Well.
Such good fortune puts me in a partying mood!

Jagger: Congrats on your promotions, Mint. What kind of party will you host?
Mint: I'm planning on a dinner party. Hey, do you think I should invite Alex's…

Jagger: No, Mint. Inviting Ayato Zanna would not be a good idea.
Mint (internally): How did Jagger know?

Cass: It's just a small party to fill the hours before our nooboos age up.

Arun (whispers): Is Mint actually serving buffet leftovers from the wedding party?
Jagger: Your point is?
Arun: I've just never attended a Dinero social event where the food was merely "normal." *shrugs

Mint: Sorry, folks, no dessert tonight! Cass's garden salad gives us a gold medal so I'm ending this party early!

Tuesday

Mint: And then it's time for Sage to age up!
You can't tell from this shot, but Sage resembles his father quite a lot!

Jagger: Our little Natasha is a gorgeous creature, just like her mother!

Cassandra: I'm so happy that you suggested she keep the Goth family name, Jagger!
Jagger: Well, it seems only fair, since Alex's son must become a Dinero as he's the heir.

Alex: Have you seen Father, Cass? I thought he'd be rushing in to meet his grandchildren.

Cassandra: I don't know, Alex. I saw him passing through the kitchen earlier.
Alex: Maybe he went to take a bath?

Current Week 8 Status: Dinero Line

Gen4 Heir: Mint Dinero
*Completed bloodline requirements: None
*Incomplete bloodline requirements: All
   Reward traits: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree (needs Frugal)
   Three gold-medal parties: Wedding party, Dinner party, (needs 1 more)
   Mansion Baron aspiration: Tier IV of IV
   Career: Entertainer/Musician (Level 6)

Gen5 Heir: Sage Dinero
Traits: Inquisitive
Toddler skills: zero

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: How Mortifying, Mortimer! (10/09 new)
« Reply #312 on: October 10, 2017, 08:48:10 PM »
Hmmm, Mint is apparently going to be Ayato's new mistress instead of Kendall.  Poor Kendall.  She even loses out at being the other woman.  Okay, maybe I'm stretching things a bit, but it's funny  :=)
I felt pretty sad for Mint there at the beginning as she seemed to feel so beaten down and sad  :=(
Erina transforming right there in the middle of a sunlit day really raises the concern for the newly turned household members' safety!  It would have been just horrible if she'd turned to ash!  Like Vlad back in my RDC (cringes internally at the memory)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: In It to Win It!
« Reply #313 on: October 10, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Haha, no, Mint has no desire to become Ayato's mistress, while Ayato simply thrives on her adoration. To be honest, I'm probably crushing on my pixelated Ayato harder than Mint is, lol.
Mint remains very much in love with Alex and their son; she doesn't intend to stray.

I still have no idea of how that death-by-sunlight mechanic works. I lost Jung once when I'd invited him over then didn't make enough effort to ensure his departure. He was probably already dying while the crew worked on the rocketship.
When Vlad died, were your vampires the active household? Would you remind me again of the circumstances of Vlad's death?

All the vampires in my Gen4 Zanna household already have full sunlight resistance, so I'm feeling pretty safe about them for this challenge's duration. Ayato's offspring, however, are all very vulnerable.

As for Kendall becoming Ayato's mistress, I rather feel this challenge of mine has included enough hanky-panky for multiple challenges, lol. You'll see what I mean. *feels sheepish (baaa?)

8.76.  Mint Dinero (2/4):  In It to Win It!

Week 8/Tuesday

Cass: Worried about Father, we all stay up to wait for his return. Where could he have gone?

Alex: Look how all of us are on the same page! How cute are we?

Mortimer: It's nearly 5 am when I walk back through the kitchen again.
I try for a casual saunter, as if I had not just been zapped and jolted by aliens on a UFO.

Since I wasn't probed, I'll be spared the indignity of pregnancy, right? Right!?!?

Mint: At this point, Sage and Natasha look more like Goths than Dineros.
Regardless, they are simply adorable.

Natasha (thinks): I'm definitely not a fan of the potty shot! Sheesh!
Alex (wonders): Will we be blackmailed for this photo when we're older?!

Mortimer: Ahhh, I could listen to baroque music all day!
(wistfully): Apparently, the aliens still consider me to be a catch.
Perhaps I should take another chance at love? Maybe I'll be luckier the second time around…

I wouldn't be repeating that bit about the aliens to anyone else, Mortimer.

Mortimer: Oh, it's you, Watchette! Whatever happened to that makeover you promised me?
I tried, believe me, I tried. You just don't have the right build for skin-tight destroyed jeans.
I even tried different hairstyles with a soul patch. Nothing really clicked.

Mortimer: I'm fine with the way I am now. And I definitely don't want to seem like a tryhard!

Mint: Now that it's morning, I head out to fulfill my "Meet someone new" whim.
Because I bought the Entrepreneurial trait on Sunday, I can't afford to buy my last required trait: Frugal.

Jung: It's nice to meet you, too, young lady. It's always a pleasure to meet family.
Mint: Family?
Jung: You do realize your husband's mother is married to my son, don't you?

Mint: Hey, it's not what it seems! I'm just point farming!
I got the "Hug someone" whim but Alex is busy gardening and this hug takes me to 1,930 satisfaction points.

Jung: Are you having transference issues, Mint? You know I'm the father and not the son, right?
Mint: Yay, only 70 more points and I can buy Frugal!

Mint: Buying the Frugal trait tickles my ambition and I decide to host a House Party.
Besides our household, I only invite two guests.

Unfortunately, Bella arrives but "he" does not.
Bella looks extremely uncomfortable and should no doubt leave for the hospital asap.

Cassandra: Who can blame me for sharing photos of the todders in their party garb?

Natasha wears a fancy blouse with tiny iridescent fairy wings.
Sage wears a T-shirt that resembles a citrus drink which he pulls off with a boyish flair.

Mint: Just my luck! The "Play musical instrument for one hour" goal pops up.
If I'd remembered this possibility, I would have hired an entertainer.  Grrrrr.

Jagger: After the hour of piano music, the last goal is eating cake.
Mint earns a gold medal before completing it, though, and ends the party early for Bella's sake.

Alex: Why are there so many pregnant ladies walking around lately?
Jagger: The Zannas definitely passed a very busy Week 7!

Mortimer: Being abducted by aliens really shocked me out of my self-pitying doldrums.

Tonight, I reach the goal of publishing 10 novels and can stop hoarding my literary creations at last.
Kaching!

Wednesday

Sage: I overhear Auntie Cass saying that Papa is crazy.
Is that why I usually have to ask him several times for help with the same task?

But Papa always tells me that he has all the time in the world for me. <3
What more could a kid ask of a parent? Well, except, maybe Papa's help the first time I ask…

Anyway, after four tries, I finally get Papa to give me a bath!

Sage: Papa, is it just my imagination or am I building skills slower than previous Dinero toddlers?
Alex: The truth? Watchette is probably not as gung-ho about the Dineros as she used to be.

Sage: Because I wasn't a greenboo?
Alex: Of course not, Sage. Our watcher loves you to pieces! However, she did the math.

Sage: What math?
Alex: There's nothing you can do to budge the Dineros out of third place.
Even if your portrait is worth $10k and your collection achieves maximum value in its category.

Jagger: Either Cassandra is jinxed or there's something seriously wrong with this build!

This is the third fire this week and it's only Wednesday morning.
Cass started one fire at the stove and this is the second time her easel's caught fire.

What would this household do without me?

Mint: Last night at work, I heard some rather unsavory gossip about Sofia Bjergsen, my good friend from high school.
Morbid curiosity getting the better of me, I visit her new home in north Newcrest along with Jagger and the toddlers.

Jagger: We arrive just in time for me to witness my second vampiric transformation this week!

Mint: And if being turned isn't bad enough, Sofia looks like she'll give birth any minute!

Sofia: Don't bother asking me who the father is, Mint! That secret's going with me to the grave!
Mint: But you're immortal, Sofia, unless of course you stay out in the sunlight and burn up.

Sofia: You are one of my few remaining friends left, Mint. I am begging you not to ask me.
Mint: As your friend, I wouldn't dream of invading your privacy. *wonders who the child will resemble

Jagger (whispers): Mint, what's your Wellness level? I don't have any Wellness at all.
Mint (whispers back): Not high enough to offer a Fertility Massage, if that's what you're thinking.
Sage: Pssst, Uncle Jagger. Looks like we'll need to go with Plan B!

Jagger: So, I saw Erina transform yesterday. How's she doing? I'll just go check up on her.

Sage (whispers): We're all counting on you, Uncle Jagger!
Jagger (whispers): I know! What would this household do without me?

Jagger: What am I doing, you ask?
Why, I'm ensuring that the second-place spot goes to the Dineros.  What else?

You want to know how Cassandra feels about this? I already discussed it with her before leaving home.
As I left the house, Cass said: "Do what you have to do, sweetheart. We are in it to win it.
We do not come in last!"

Sage: And that, boys and girls, is how to motivate your grown-ups to get serious about your education!

Mint (internally): Second place! I can almost taste it!

Jagger: I earn my Level 7 promotion today and, naturally, I choose to branch to Master of the Real.
Only one more promotion and I can bring home that coveted Deluxe All-Seasons Easel.

Sims have been known to paint high-value portraits on lesser easels, but why take that risk?

Jagger: I can't wait to hug my girls! I imagine Cass has spent the day helping Natasha with her skills.

But first, I take a brief detour to pay my respects to The Well.

Jagger: To my great surprise, The Well grants me a full promotion to Level 8.
I immediately replace our existing easels with the Deluxe All-Season Easels.

Next, I quit my job to better focus on the toddlers and our household funds.
At this point, is there any way that the Somas could knock us out of second place?

Moss: Hello, son! Long time, no see!
Jagger: Papa, how long has it been since we've spent time together?

Moss: Well, I'm no longer a played sim, you know, so if you want to see me, you'll need to do the inviting.
But that's not why I called to chat.
Jagger: Is something the matter, Papa?

Moss: I heard from the founder who heard it from Mint that you accomplished something wonderful today.
Jagger: Awww, shucks, Papa. Anyone would have done the same. I'm just lucky that Cass is so understanding.

Moss: I agree, son. That's why I've sent her three dozen roses. They should arrive tomorrow!
Great job, son. I'm so proud of you! By the way, why don't you and I look more alike?

Jagger: I don't know about our resemblance, Papa, and we'll have to wait and see about Erina.

Cass: How is this even fair, Watchette? I'm always getting the short end of the stick!
Jagger "needs" to have a fling with the enchanting Erina, while I get to eat cake?

Think about it, Cass. You and Alex are both jobless, but Alex is the dynasty spouse.
If Alex can eat cake, so can you!

Cass: I get it, I get it. I am making yet another sacrifice for The Cause!

Mint: I'm only one tick away from the right, so earning my Level 7 promotion tonight's no surprise.
Miraculously, though, right after that, The Well also grants me a full promotion to Level 8 Professional Pianist.

This week, I've only been making wishes once every other day.
It seems like The Well favors me more when I play hard to get. Does The Well worry about becoming irrelevant?

Gen4 Heir: Mint Dinero
*Completed bloodline requirements:
   Reward traits: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree, Frugal (done)
   Three gold-medal parties: Wedding party, Dinner party, House party
*Incomplete bloodline requirements:
   Mansion Baron aspiration: Tier IV of IV
   Career: Entertainer/Musician (Level 8 )

Gen5 Heir: Sage Dinero
Traits: Inquisitive
Toddler skills: Level 3 Imagination; Level 2 Communication, Movement, Potty, Thinking

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: In It to Win It! (10/10 new)
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2017, 10:12:13 PM »
Erina!!  I'm shocked at you!!!  So, I'm assuming Jagger is responsible for the Sofiaboo as well?  It's so devious!  The battle for 2nd has gotten all sorts of nasty!  I'm sure Jagger and Erina will have a lovely baby, but he/she will pale in comparison to the Laura/Alfonso boo.  Just sayin'.
I think there's still room for Kendall to have a place as Ayato's mistress.  We all know he doesn't truly love Bella.  I mean, if Moss and Massimo can have their little thing, I think Ayato is completely legitimate in having some Kendall time (like all the time).
Another lovely update which took some unexpected turns.  Thanks for keeping us on our toes  ;=)

anything