Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 179286 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: In It to Win It! (10/10 new)
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2017, 11:46:33 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Thank you for being surprised! And you are absolutely right, children born from rivalry-driven conception (such as Sofiaboo) will never hold the same narrative significance as children born from OTPs (One True Pairings), like uh, like...Vitoria/Jung, Mina/Krishna, and Laura/Alfonso, in recent memory.

Sofia is determined to forever hide the identify of her babydaddy. I'm hoping the looks of her nooboo-as-toddler will provide fodder for some educated guesses.
As for Kendall, Ayato will need to make time between completing his bloodline requirements and helping his child complete their move-out requirements.
By the way, I am amazed and very pleased at how much you are supporting Kendall's narrative pride of place! Kendall thanks you!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Our Hero, Alex
« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
8.77.  Mint Dinero (3/4):  Our Hero, Alex

Week 8/Thursday

Cass: Thank you for mentoring me, Jagger.
Jagger: If our positions were reversed, you would do the same for me, sweetheart.

Cass: Darling, I'm trying so hard not to be jealous about Erina. And she'll even bear your child!

Jagger: If you must know, I hardly spent any time with her because I needed to leave for work. We only "tried" once.
But, Cass, you have nothing to worry about. Would you meet me out front?

Jagger: I thought my life would be forever worthless after the Zannas rejected me, but then I met you.
Your love and faith have given my life a new meaning. And you have given me a daughter!
Will you marry me, sweet Cassandra? There isn't room for anyone else in my heart of hearts but you and Natasha!

Cassanda: Oh Jagger! Yes, yes, yes! Thank you for saying the words I needed to hear!

Mortimer: Alex, I've reached the final milestone of Bestselling Author! Hey, are you reading Vampire Lore?
Alex: You bet I am, Father. Haven't you been keeping up with what's going on lately?

Mortimer: What exactly do you mean?
Alex: Well, first there's the notification from the RDC Challenges Team.
If the Somas get disqualified but the Dineros and Zannas are keeping the same pace, the Dineros will win by virtue of being first in the weekly rotation.

Mortimer: The Zannas would be profoundly displeased if we leaped from third to first place!
Alex: Exactly! But there's a second piece of news!
Yesterday, Jagger didn't wait around to make sure that Erina got pregnant.

Mortimer: So you're going to max Vampire Lore and learn to mix the vampire cure, in case Erina's not pregnant?
Alex: Yes. That would allow Satoshi to start his Week 8 without dealing with Erina as a vampire.

Mortimer: If you're making all this effort to learn Vampire Lore, then let's hope Erina's not pregnant.

The fourth fire in five days! Girl, you're a straight-up fire hazard!
Cass: At least I've learned to autonomously extinguish fires myself!

Jagger: Daddy's girl in her watermelon pjs, looking so much like her mother!

Jagger (sighs): I have been forced to fence off the basement stairs for household-only access.

Nanny Imane, why must you constantly wander downstairs? There is nothing for you there.
Don't you realize how long it takes a toddler to crawl down that medium-height staircase?

Alex: As a bookworm, speed reading is my forte. Ahhh, how great it feels to be useful!

Before 24 hours have even passed, I've learned to mix the Vampire Cure.

Alex: I give Jagger a heads-up, so he'll be ready to leave for the Somas the same time as me.

Since it's already quite late, I simply buy a portable bar and mix a Vampire Cure in front of the house.

If I don't make this drink at home, I cannot put it in my personal inventory, then I wouldn't be able to cure an uncontrolled sim.
But, you knew all that already!

Jagger: By the time we arrive at the Soma residence, it's 11 pm.
Luckily, everyone is still awake and Clara invites us in right away.

Alex: Since I don't know anyone in this household, Jagger, I'll let you go ahead and check on Erina.
If she's not pregnant, there's really no use in my curing her.

Jagger: My male pride takes a small hit due to my apparent lack of virility.
Nevertheless, Erina's slim profile is a sight for sore eyes.

Since we tangoed over 24 hours ago, if she'd conceived, she would have a small baby bump by now.
I mean, look at Erina's flat stomach then take a gander at Sofia's huge tummy.

Alex: Watchette says she's never cured an uncontrolled vampire before, so I'm in unexplored territory here.

I initially hope for a gentlemanly option…something like "Offer to Cure of Vampirism."
Nothing like that exists, so I start arguing with Erina. *sighs

Friday

Alex: After one mean Fight Vampire social, the Slay Vampire option appears around 2 am.
She won't die, will she? I only want to cure her of vampirism!

I grab the Vampire Cure out of my inventory and fling it in her face.
All the while, I've been worrying that Erina will lose her temper and drain me.

Alex: Erina switches back to her normal form then rises in the air in swirls of dark smoke.
Is my Vampire Cure actually working or what?

Alex: A lustrous golden shimmer reassures me that, yes, the cure IS working.
Lo and behold, Erina is a vampire no more!

Erina: I had no vampire powers and yet I grieve the loss of my vampirism. Why did you help me?

Alex: Believe me, Erina, you may feel mournful tonight but you'll thank me later!

Jagger: As Alex and I prepare to leave, we're informed that a vampire is breaking in.
For heaven's sake, Lio! No wonder everyone dislikes you!

Alex: Feeling generous, I head outside to offer to fix his bad relationships, which causes him to leave immediately.
Well, I guess that's one way to stop a vampire break-in!

Mint: Alex, you're home at last! You took so long that I was starting to get worried! How did it go?
Alex: Everything's fine, my love. Satoshi Soma's household is just like it had been at the end of their Week 7.
Well, except that Sofia is still a vampire and she's expecting.

Mint: Have I told you lately how much I love you, Alex? And you have saved the day! You are THE hero of this Rival Dynasties Challenge, you know!

Alex: My wife and the rest of the household have been showering me with lavish praise!
Me, the cheerful bookworm who got stuck with the Insane trait.

But I'm no hero. I'm just an ordinary guy who's trying to look out for my beloved family, both immediate and extended.

Alex: Even so, Father's feeling mighty proud of me tonight for a change, and I don't mind that at all.  *beams happily

Gen4 Heir: Mint Dinero
*Completed bloodline requirements:
   Reward traits: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree, Frugal (done)
   Three gold-medal parties: Wedding party, Dinner party, House party
*Incomplete bloodline requirements:
   Mansion Baron aspiration: Tier IV of IV
   Career: Entertainer/Musician (Level 8 )

Gen5 Heir: Sage Dinero
Traits: Inquisitive
Toddler skills: L4 Imagination & Communication, L3 Potty/Movement ; L2 Thinking

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest:Sage the Socialite (10/12)
« Reply #317 on: October 12, 2017, 04:55:41 AM »
8.78.  Mint Dinero (4/4):  Sage the Socialite

Week 8/Friday

Mint: Thanks to two days of massage and yoga, I bring home a Level 9 promotion tonight, even without The Well's recent assistance.

And that's not all. I complete my Mansion Baron aspiration tonight as well.

I've been lucky to have the support of Jagger and Cassandra who paint, Papa Mortimer who writes, and dear Alex who gardens!

Mint: Around 11:30 pm, Sage finally maxes Imagination and is ready to age up early.

He gains the Social Butterfly aspiration and the Self-Assured trait.

Saturday

Mortimer: Can someone explain why we've come to a club in the middle of the night?
Mint: Well, some of us are here to accompany Sage so that he can introduce himself to five sims.

Cass: The question is, Father, why are you here? You're supposed to stay home with Natasha.
Mortimer: But I never get to have a night life!

Sage: I introduce myself to some lumberjack sort of fellow in a plaid shirt.
Next, I introduce myself to that fellow in the brown sweater who keeps on dancing.

Alex: Don't forget to introduce yourself to that gentleman in the maroon jacket, son!
Do you remember your maternal grandmother, Bella Goth?
Sage: Just barely.

Alex: Well, that gentleman is Caleb Vatore, dynasty spouse of the Zanna line's founder.
He's also the grandfather of your maternal grandmother's spouse, Ayato Zanna.
Sage: Say what?

Sage: And this is Travis Scott, the bartender. I like him because our relationship lacks complexity.
In fact, we are not related at all.

Sage: Amidst all the clamor and glittering lights, I manage to become BFFs with Papa.
Do you mind if we go home now, Papa? I can barely hear myself think!

Daniela: I am the founder of the Dinero dynasty and yet I've never met the two of you before.
Would you please explain how we're related?

Cassandra: I am the younger sister of Alex Goth, who is married to your great-grand-daughter Mint.
In addition, I'm married to your grandson Jagger Dinero and this little girl is our daughter, Natasha Goth.

Sage: For my adult friends, I become good friends with Uncle Jagger and Founder Daniela.

I invite five kids over…these three and Lucas Munch plus a boy whose name I forget.

At the end of last week, Elsa Bjergsen moved from Windenberg Island to north Newcrest.
And Makoto Yamaguchi moved from north Newcrest to east Newcrest.
Max Villareal lives in a super deluxe estate on Windenberg Island.

C'mon, guys! I really need three of you to become my friends!

Sage: By the end of our play date, I'm friends with Elsa and I'm good friends with Makoto and Max.
These two fellas are the most interesting, really.

Makoto's a born-vampire but doesn't become a vampire himself until his teen birthday.
Max, on the other hand, leads a gang of trouble-makers called The Renegades.

If I weren't going to age up early, I would probably want to chill with Makoto and Max.
Elsa's okay, too, for a girl…

Mint: I've entered that tedious stage where I have only one promotion left and can no longer help Sage with his skilling.

I try out our new hookah but, to be honest, toking alone ain't much fun.
Oh, look at the time! I start work in four hours!

Mint: Since this here is the last Mansion Baron residence, you'd think our watcher would want to go all out, right?
But no, she didn't even finish landscaping our yard.

Can you believe the only thing between my massage table and the sidewalk is this flimsy screen?

Sage: I really wish I could complete Social Butterfly before Mama leaves for work.
But no way I can go from Level 6 to 10 in the next two hours!

After my teen birthday, I'll have to start my Friend of the World aspiration in some lame clothes, I'm sure!

Sage: Originally, I was supposed to be doing the Nerd Brain aspiration.
But then, Watchette realized that the two other households already had heirs in careers requiring max Charisma.

That's why I suddenly got stuck with Friend of the World.
I don't mind all that much, but it doesn't support my museum collection at all.

All us Gen5 heirs suffer a mismatch between our aspirations and museum items. That much is fair, at least.

Sage: There's the front doorbell! Fine, nobody else goes to get it, so I go see who it is.

Krishna: Is your mother home, young man?
Sage: Um, I don't think I should tell you unless you tell me who you are first.

Krishna: Oh, your parents have trained you very well, Sage. I'm your mother's father.
Sage: You are my Grandpa Krishna? I have really been looking forward to meeting you!

Krishna: So what are your plans for your museum collection, Sage?
Sage: It doesn't go well at all with Friend of the World, but I'll be crafting camping mascots.

Krishna: I'd be happy to mentor you, if you wish, Sage.
Sage: That would be awesome, Grandpa Krishna!

Krishna: Sure, no problem. When you're ready to start learning handiness, just add me to your club.
Sage: Awwww, you're the best, Grandpa!

Sage: I'm sick and tired of talking to myself in the mirror, so I ask Grandpa to cloudgaze.
Hmmph! Cloudgazing boosts my friendship with Grandpa and raises my Creativity, but does nothing at all for my Social!

That's why I ask Grandpa to sit and chat with me instead.

Cass: Natasha's birthday comes in three more days on Tuesday of Week 9.
Week 9 is when Jagger and I will be frantically painting portraits of Sage.

But I'm hoping that Natasha's Auntie Mint and Uncle Alex can help her become a Top-Notch Toddler.
Of course, that adds nothing at all to this challenge, but Natasha deserves the best!

Sage: Mama's still at work when I complete Social Butterfly while chatting away with Grandpa.

Before blowing out the candles, I try to get everyone to gather but they'd rather be elsewhere.
Fine, I'll age up all by myself then!

Sage: Wow, I forgot about Mama being at work and was this close to giving myself a makeover!
She would have been so angry if I'd forced her to leave work early.

Well, here I am in my pre-makeover weirdness. These overplucked eyebrows must go!

Sage: Mama finally gets home from work at 9 and I dash to the dresser for my makeover.
Green hair in a more devil-may-care do and thicker (but not burly) eyebrows.

Would you think me immodest if I were to say that I'm rather cute?

Alex: You have your mother's eyes but my lips!

Sage: Back at Narwahl Arms, this time so I can introduce myself to 10 sims.
Mint: Hey, everyone's here! Who's at home with little Natasha! Mortimer?

Mortimer: Oh c'mon! Jagger is wearing a towel. Make him go home!
Jagger: No can do, Papa Mortimer! I am Sage's clubbing mentor, you know.

Cassandra: Fine, I'm bringing Natasha here then I'll go home with her when she's sleepy. Sheesh!

Sage: Narwahl Arms is hopping tonight!
I eagerly introduce myself to eight new sims, only to find that my aspiration only acknowledges five of them.
Uncle Jagger, what do I do now?

Jagger: You and I shall move on, leaving the rest of the household here.

Sage: I meet a few more sims at the Pan Europa Disco.

Please note that introducing yourself to the DJ will cause that DJ to stop working for the rest of the night.
That's why I saved him for last!

Sage: After more bar hopping, I not only introduce myself to 10 sims but also proceed to meet someone new in 3 locations.

After making my last introduction to the bartender at Rattlesnake Juice Bar, I head home with Uncle Jagger.
I believe I've accomplished all that I can for Week 8!

Mortimer: By the way, you have undoubtedly forgotten all about me and my recent extraterrestrial escapade.

You will be glad to know, as I am, that I did not give birth to an alienboo.
With all the recent rivalry nonsense, that would have been the last thing we needed!

And now it's time for The Big Switch! 

Gen4 Heir: Mint Dinero
*Completed bloodline requirements:
   Reward traits: Connections, Pro Slacker, Carefree, Frugal (done)
   Three gold-medal parties: Wedding party, Dinner party, House party
   Mansion Baron aspiration: done
*Incomplete bloodline requirements:
   Career: Entertainer/Musician (Level 9)

Gen5 Heir: Sage Dinero
Traits: Inquisitive; Self-Assured, Cheerful
Toddler skills: Happy Toddler (L5 Imagination & Communication)
 Childhood aspiration: Social Butterfly (done)
*Completed move-out requirements:
  Good Friends: Daniela Dinero; Krishna Bheeda, Makoto Yamaguchi, Max Villareal
*Incomplete Move-Out Requirements: All
  Teen job: Retail Employee (Level 1)
  A grade in high school: "C"
  Aspiration: Friend of the World (Tier II of IV)
  Unique skills: Charisma (Level 2) and ?
  Portrait: not yet
  Collection: not yet
  Enemies: (Soma and Zanna)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Sage the Socialite (10/12 new)
« Reply #318 on: October 12, 2017, 08:11:46 AM »
The Big Switch?  You give us all that craziness and then leave us on a cliffhanger?!?!?  Oh, the ways you tease!  Of course, I keep coming back for more, so it obviously works  ;=)
Quite unfairly for Sage, I just find Natasha adorable and am less focused on him.  Poor guy.  Still, I can definitely relate with the social aspiration giving him issues.  Wade's Social Butterfly requirement of 3 child friends and 2 adult friends actually ended up needing 6 child friends and 4 adult friends.  Yep.  Not quite sure why it doesn't recognize some of them. 
The whole "Dineros to the Rescue" aspect was really quite an amusing twist.  I actually would have expected them to try to inflict some sabotage upon Serena's brood instead (which would have been a terrible idea once it came back around to vampire time and vengeance mode was engaged).
Overall, a lovely update that kept me guessing and then left me hanging.  Nice work!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Sage the Socialite (10/12 new)
« Reply #319 on: October 13, 2017, 02:39:28 AM »
Whew! Well this plot certainly thickened! I have to say, I'm shocked and thrilled that the rivalries have advanced from simply a race to outright sabotage! I'm still rooting for the Somas, though, so I'm beyond relieved that the sabotage in this case was incomplete. I'm afraid I'll be no help in the naming department for Gen 5, however, as I haven't gotten to those characters yet! I did immediately order the next three volumes of Food Wars, though, so hopefully I'll meet them soon.

Oh, Ayato! *fans self* I love how you can tell Watchette's favorite by the quality of the cc. I don't think I've seen that particular formalwear suit since the famous Legacy Ze! He wears it well, devious fellow. :)

Sage is a serious hottie. I'm not even remotely disappointed that he's not green.

I know you're eager to finish this challenge up and move on to the next one, but I'm really going to miss all of these characters and their drama! It's been such a wild ride!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Satoshi's Comeback
« Reply #320 on: October 13, 2017, 01:57:32 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Haha, it's not that big a cliffhanger since I've been binge-playing and binge-writing lately. :D
Your "coming back for more" is always appreciated and has kept me motivated to stay with this challenge.
I'm glad you haven't minded the random toddler spam of Natasha, because I also think she's super cute. Her child birthday comes in Week 9 so you'll see another side of her then.
It's curious how Ayato Zanna looks so much like his father Jung, while both Sage and Natasha appear more like Goths than Dineros.
Yes, like you, my sims' friendships aren't always registering right away. I'm quite worried about Friend of the World, to be honest.
As for the Dineros sabotaging the Zannas instead of the Somas, we've already witnessed how ruthless the Zannas can be. Besides, the Dineros are related to the Zannas now but not to the Somas.

@FrancescaFiori
I'm so very happy that you've caught up. Primarily because you're the one who requested that the Gen4 Soma heir be named after Satoshi Isshiki sempai.
It also pleases me immensely that you're still enjoying "Food Wars." Gourmet manga are the best!
Haha, yes, you're right about Ayato's party wear. So far, only Ze and Ayato have been deemed worthy of that cc: Tiger of Sweden floral jacquard suits!
I am in sim-love with Ayato, if you haven't noticed.
Sage turned out really handsome--those Goth genes are nothing to sneeze at!

Thank you for your nice words about this story. You are an amazing storyteller, so I'm flattered to no end.
And yes, I've also started prematurely missing these sims as I enter the final weeks of the challenge.
That's why I've decided to let my narrative hair down, so to speak, and have some fun.
By the way, you're surely the only reader who will "get" the mannequins. *winks

8.79. Satoshi Soma (1/3): Satoshi's Comeback

Previously:
   • Satoshi Soma fished for his museum collection until the very last minute, pushing the Somas's total museum worth to second place;
   • He moves out to Beech Byway with young adult Erina Haas and the Bjergsens: adults Bjorn and Clara with daughters Sofia (young adult) and Elsa (child);
   • Both Erina and Sofia have been turned by Ayato (Gen4 Zanna heir)  in a ploy to secure the Zannas' first-place standing,
   • In Week 8, Sofia is now a vampire who appears pregnant by an unidentified baby daddy;
   • Erina's transformation triggers by Mint and Jagger's visit, after which Jagger hastily tries for baby once with Erina before he rushes off to work;
What options does Satoshi Soma have now?  Will the Somas be disqualified?
If not, will they ever regain their competitive edge?

Week 8/Sunday

Satoshi: I've spent the last week or so in the grips of the foulest, bleakest despair.
The Zannas and Dineros have conspired to prevent me from producing an heir.
They have, practically speaking, effectively shut me out of the rivalry.

Bad enough that Erina and Sofia became vampires, but they were both also seduced and abandoned!
To my vast relief, Erina did not conceive but what if Sofia has twins?

When my eighth week opens, I rush to Sofia and learn she has given a single birth. Hallelujah!

Satoshi: Erina, I really want us to bring in the last Soma heir.
Erina: You do? With me? After all that's happened?

Satoshi: Right now, I won't wonder why you so easily succumbed to Ayato's (teen !) wiles.
Nor will I dwell on how you so readily fell into the arms of that scoundrel Jagger Dinero.
No, I refuse to linger on such heart-rending thoughts.
Instead, I fill my head with all my happy memories of you. You have always been The One for me!

Erina: And you know I've adored you ever since you were born, Satoshi!

Satoshi: By the way, Erina, are you single?
Erina: No, I'm seeing someone. In fact, I'd been seeing two someones, but Jagger asked to be just…

Satoshi: Eh, forget I ever asked. Break out your flirty paintings!
Erina: Erm, I sold them at San Myshuno the other day…

Satoshi: You what? Never mind then. I'll just set the club vibe to Very Flirty.

Meanwhile, the adult Bjergsens have started the garden.
Bjorn: I’m not sure why we even bother!

Because harvesting this garden will earn you more than you'll ever make as a secret agent.
Bjorn: That's disheartening.

Satoshi: I temporarily add Mama to my Club Enak due to her max Gardening skills.
If she continues yakking with the plants, though, I'm going to have to kick her out.
She should know better. Time is of the essence here!

Clara: For some mysterious reason, our little Elsa is already a B student in grade school.
Have you been doing your homework with classmates, Elsa dear?

Elsa: Who knows? I'm ready for some extra credit!

Erina: I can't believe you'll forgive me after all that's happened.
Satoshi: It's not as if you went out looking for trouble, Erina. You were pretty much a pawn.

Erina: That's so true and, what's more…
Satoshi: Do you mind if we don't talk about it? You're spoiling the mood!

Satoshi: I almost forgot that I still don't have a job! First, I check that I've bought Connections.
Next, I choose the Critic career with an eye on becoming a Food Critic.

Darn, I wasted 3,000 satisfaction points on that Connections reward!
My "A" grade in high school starts me at Level 3 of any career.
And you can never start the Critic, Politician, or Social Media careers at higher than Level 3.

Erina: Why not?
Satoshi: Because those three careers branch off at Level 4, but I completely forgot! Dang!

Erina: *shares the big news
Satoshi: That's fantastic, Erina! Let's hope we're safe now from our predatory rivals.

Erina: You're not going to thank Alex Goth for curing me, Satoshi?
Satoshi: Part of me wants to but my petty side is still angry with his brother-in-law Jagger for what he did.
Oh darn, I'm trying to get those images out of my head!

Satoshi: I need to reach Level 3 Writing so I also accept a work-from-home assignment.
No problem, folks. My Erina can mentor me in writing, don't ya know! *grins

Satoshi: Sofia can't go outdoors during the day anyway, so I've asked her to learn the Vampire Cure herself.
Sofia: Boooooring, but crucial. Curse that Ayato and his irresistible gaze! His father's just as bad!

Satoshi: On the other hand, Clara Bjergsen's a Perfectionist, so Erina mentors her in painting.
We're counting on Clara to earn that Deluxe Easel from the Painter career.

Satoshi: The Well grants me a guaranteed promotion after my first shift tomorrow.
Our preparations are almost done!

Bjorn: By the way, Satoshi, what's my role in the household?
Satoshi: I think it's best you quit your job so you can focus on maintaining our cash crops.
In your free time, you could--let's see--get your Parenting skill to Level 5 (Give Second Wind).

Satoshi: By 11:30 am, Clara has reached Level 3 Painting and can continue skilling at home.
She'll need to stay home with Sofia's son, Dexter, while I go launch my store.

After buying the Bargain Bend lot, I give the name "Satoshi's Comeback" to my store's humble beginnings.

Eh, so much for my original plan to sell off unwanted furnishings belonging to the Bjergsens! I can place them in the store, but I can't set them for sale.
So I sell them off then stock my store with inexpensive cooking-related items and apparel.

Bjorn: *weeps silently

The ceiling of the center room has been removed, leaving only the two side rooms with ceilings. Remodeling is not complete...maybe.  Maybe not.

Sofia: I'm imprisoned in a small, back room with my Encyclopedia Vampirica.

Elsa: Sofia's learned how to make plasma packs from fish and frogs, so I've started catching fish for her.

Satoshi: The store's been open for two hours now and nobody's bought a single item.
All the customers cluster in the no-ceiling center room without looking at the side rooms' merchandise.

Also, seeing to all the customers is hard, since only Bjorn, Erina, and I can staff the store.
Dare I bring Sofia out to the storefront?

Erina: Look, Satoshi! That guy in the plaid shirt is checking out all the mannequins!

Forest Ranger: Excuse me, but something is written in Korean characters across the front of this apron.
Can anyone here read this and tell me what it means?

The apron outfit is a reference to Satoshi Soma's namesake: Satoshi Isshiki from the "Food Wars" manga.

Satoshi: Out of curiosity, I check the pool of retail clerks for hire.
Wow, look at the stats on Paola Pizzazz!

But if I hire someone to help with customer service, won't we take longer to accumulate perk points?

Satoshi: Out of desperation, I call Sofia to the store. Oh right, she's vulnerable to sunlight!

She's fine if she can lure a customer to one of the side rooms, both of which have ceilings.
She's better off learning Vampire Lore, though, so I send her back to "her" room.
Read faster, Sofia!!!

Forest Ranger: Whoa, these low-slung leather pants are much lower than I'd realized!
I'll need to start a regimen of daily sit-ups before I can pull this look off!

Dude, that look wasn't designed with you in mind! And we can't see the neckpiece!

Satoshi: Oh stop, Victor Feng! Wearing socks with flip flops is so NOT an Asian thing to do!

I'm having waaaaay too much fun with these mannequins! Bwahahahahaaaaa!

Erina: Oh yeah, Patrick Wyatt is def rocking that outfit! I wonder if he needs help changing?

Satoshi: I'm sure our readers aren't amused anymore by these mannequins, though our silly watcher still finds them hilarious.
Awww, no? Really?

Satoshi: On a more serious note (if anything in this story could be considered remotely serious), we've earned 660 perk points so far.

Erina: We take a short break so I can buy my strawberries at San Myshuno then we reopen at 9 pm.
Sofia: Yay! Now that it's dark, I can help out at the store!

Geoffrey Landgraab: Race you home, hot stuff?
Nancy: You'll never beat me in those flip flops, sweet thing! And don't let the wind catch your apron!

Monday

Satoshi: After we close shop at 2 am, it's close to 4 am when we're finally done restocking.
I'm happy to report that we can buy our first perk: "Faster Checkouts (Large)."

We'll buy "Serious Shopper" next time.

Satoshi: By 6:30 am, Sofia has already reached Level 13 Vampire Lore. She'll be human again in no time!
But Sofia's not the only one in this house who's reading.

At first, I wasn't sure what to do about Elsa, but she's been such a sport about fishing for Sofia.
And she's already maxed her Mental and Motor skills, so I've promised we'll pitch in to help with her aspirations.

I begin by reading to her for two hours.
Needless to say, it feels GREAT to be back competing in the rivalry!

Current Week 8 Status: The Soma Line

Gen4 Heir: Satoshi Soma
*Completed bloodline requirements: None
*Incomplete bloodline requirements: All
  Store: Satoshi's Comeback, resale value: $xx
  Retail perks (1/5): Faster Checkouts (Large) [Serious Shopper, Faster Restocking (Large), Sure Sale, and Cheaper Restocking]
  Career: Critic (Level 3)

Gen5 Heir: Momo Soma
Birth: Wednesday (?) of this week

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Satoshi's Comeback (10/13 new)
« Reply #321 on: October 13, 2017, 07:34:56 PM »
Wow, Erina got off pretty easy there.  I was half wondering if Satoshi was going to decide to pursue a relationship with Sofia after all.  I mean, she was single when she was seduced.  Of course, even after being taken back, Erina is volunteering to help the muscly male customers change.  Shame on you, Erina!  Poor Sofia is rocking through learning vampire lore just so she can get back to helping the dynasty.  Retroactive Team Sofia!
Is it possible that the cash register being in the middle room is why the customers gather there?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #322 on: October 13, 2017, 08:23:17 PM »
Go, Somas, go! Have to admit, I have always had a real soft spot for them and I am so glad they've bounced back from their silly/stupid rivals. Here's hoping they can make the Zannas pay by beating them out for first place! Elsa's the only townie kid who starts with a B so that's probably what happened there. MarianT's tutorial has a great how-to guide for stores so if Satoshi starts having a problem, that should help. Also, thank you very much, Sophie, for not having twins. We really appreciate it.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2017, 03:01:48 AM »
Hmmm . . . Ayato's father is just as bad as he is, hmm? Oh, Jung. Say it isn't so! Could he be the mysterious Baby Daddy? Don't tell me! I don't want to know! I'm going to be looking extra closely at Sofia's baby, though, seeking out those sultry genetics.

I couldn't stop giggling during Satoshi and Erina's awkward courtship. I'm glad they got the job done, even without flirty paintings. :)

Oh, the aprons! I cannot get over the aprons! Particularly Geoffrey Landgraab feeling his saucy self and Nancy warning him to avoid the wind! LOL! I don't ever want this week to end.

So the fur coat/bowtie ensemble wasn't designed with random townie men in mind. It sure would look good on a troupe of dancers, though. Eh? EH? Perhaps a nice victory lap around the dance floor for the winners of the challenge? I'll keep my fingers crossed that this was a hint of entertaining things to come. :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #324 on: October 14, 2017, 03:59:39 AM »
@PeregrineTook
Your phrase "Retroactive Team Sofia" made me laugh! Technically, Erina was also single since Satoshi was too busy fishing and ran out of time to rekindle his relationship with Erina after they moved out.
Also hilarious is your blaming Erina for wanting to help the male customers change their clothes! So Rieko (rest her soul) and Izumi can play dress-up with the pollinators but you throw shame on Erina for a little extra customer service! Hahaha. But yeah, Sofia has been learning Vampire Lore really fast. At first, I'd though Alex Goth was extra fast due to his Bookworm trait.
Now I think the key is having a sim "Learn vampire secrets" on a computer then locking them in a room with a chair, bookcase, incense burner, and bath (a non-vampire also requires a toilet).
What a clever notion about the placement of the cash register! I'm going to rearrange the store and see if that helps!

@dontmindme
Oh no, you actually referred to the Dineros and Zannas as silly/stupid! Sorry for making the Somas the scapegoat of all the recent drama, but they were the logical choice since the other two families are interlinked across the second (Moss/Massimo), third (Alfonso/Laura), and fourth (Ayato/Bella+Mint/Alex) generations. I imagine your soft spot for the Somas started when they fell so far behind. Once Sofia's vampirism is cured, the store should be fine with four employees.
But one adult will need to stay home all week because of Sofia's nooboo then Satoshi/Erina's nooboo.
Haha,yes, after all the mayhem I caused then had Alex try to fix, Sofia giving birth to twins would have ruined everything!
To be honest, I was trying to shake up my storytelling a little as the challenge gets closer to the finish line, but I went a little too crazy...

@FrancescaFiori
Sofia has only this to say about her baby daddy:  :-X
And poor Satoshi--he's trying so hard to forgive and forget! As for Erina, she wants to move in with the Tooks, where it's okay to help the hunks change clothes, lol.
If I'd remembered how effective a club's triple Flirty vibe was, I wouldn't have made such a big deal about Erina autonomously selling her paintings at San Myshuno.
Still, when I started the Somas' week, those paintings were gone from Erina's inventory.  I need to make sure no sim ever sells off an heir's portrait like that!

Whoever taught you how to do close reading did a superb job, lady! What I meant was the fur coat/bowtie ensemble wasn't designed for just any ole townie.
I believe Patrick Wyatt (snob, romantic, slob, Hawiian shirt) pulled the outfit off quite nicely!
The aprons! I can't believe how many male sims tried on those aprons! *dies laughing. I took so many screenshots but decided to include only those three.
By the way, I don't really know if that writing is Hangul or just Sim goobledygook. If any one knows, please drop me a line!  ;D

And fyi, I have been working on a pretext for "dancing." I just need to find the right outfits!  ;)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks/Kendall's Tale: I Am the Air (10/14 new)
« Reply #325 on: October 14, 2017, 04:15:12 AM »
Although I seem to be constantly moaning and groaning about finishing this challenge (which I've been playing for seven months since March), I've also become very attached to these sims.
Especially dismaying was the recent closet makeover fiasco which forced me to replay four hours of gameplay, reversing a decision I'd made about the spousal candidacy of a certain townie sim.
I'm talking, of course, about Kendall Brothers. Kendall has actually appeared A LOT in my game, but I've always cropped her out while photo-editing.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to take a closer look at her life and her relationship with Ayato.
If you find this short episode too dreary, never fear! We will return shortly to our regular programming with aprons to spare!

8.80. Kendall's Tale: I Am the Air

Since the beginning of this challenge, I have always been everywhere although you didn't recognize me.
Just like the air, I am everywhere yet forever unseen, unnoticed.
Unlike the air, however, my presence is not essential to life.

My name is Kendall Brothers and I am the sim that nobody wants.
After my humiliating rejection by the Zannas, I thought you might be interested in knowing more about me, starting with my childhood.

I live with my parents in the small 2-bedroom Raffia Quinta house in Oasis Springs.
Right now, you're probably thinking how lucky I am to be living in such a nice neighborhood.

Personally, I'd rather live in a larger house, even if it means moving to a slightly lower-income neighborhood.
In fact, my parents must constantly work to afford to stay in this neighborhood. I hardly think it's worth the trade-off.

That's me, sitting with my "parents" at home.
The green-eyed, redheaded man on your left is my father, Alonzo Brothers.
The grey-eyed, blond lady on the right is my mother, Aaliyah Brothers.
Their clothing really shouts out "service NPCs," wouldn't you agree?

I assume you're already wondering why I look nothing like either of them.
Yeah, it's a mystery to me, too, but they won't say.

You might have seen my father before in San Myshuno, working at the Indian food stall.

Initially, I thought I might be Dad's love child with another woman, but I know now that's highly unlikely.
C'mon, he's a self-assured, unflirty art lover with the Soulmate aspiration!

Land prices in our neighborhood have skyrocketed since Yukio Soma built Korma Chameleon next door.
That's when Mom and Dad started thinking that their full-time jobs weren't enough.

After the vampire Jung Storey died, Dad took over Jung's produce stall and started working nights, too.
Yep, my dad's the one supplying all the dynasty women with carrots and strawberries.

As you've already guessed, Mom is a bartender.
She prefers working at Pan Europa because, she says, she makes the best tips there.

Like Dad, she also works a second job as a part-timer at the Shrieking Llama Bar.

Mom is a self-assured, materialistic sim who hates children.
Incredibly, her aspiration is (wait for it…) Vampire Family.
No, she's not a vampire but her "Hates children" trait makes me think Dad talked her into adopting me.

Due to their heavy workloads, they are hardly ever home. I might as well be living alone, for all they care!

Speaking of Korma Chameleon, remember when the Soma founder Yukio fired his waiter in Week 2?
Apparently, the waiter arrived late and out of uniform, which ticked off the usually calm Yukio to no end!

After being fired, the waiter went for an enraged jog that night, trying to work off his anger.
Do you remember seeing me behind him? Of course, you don't!

What's that you say? You're wondering why I'm out alone so late?
Have you forgotten that my parents are rarely home nights?

One day, I'm roaming around alone as usual and end up at the new Park and Play community lot.
I'm intrigued by a vampire who travels in bat form with a toddler who I assume is his son.

Oh, that's Jung Storey! I recognize him from when he used to work at a produce stall, like my father.

As I watch, the father encourages his son who confidently climbs up the slide.

I watch the toddler with longing and envy. No doubt, he has never wanted for attention, not even for a second!

Then, the father transforms into a bat and flies to catch the little boy just as he reaches the bottom of the slide.
A sense of overwhelming sadness floods me at the sight of the loving father and his happy, trusting son.

What is wrong with me? Why have such love and affection always eluded me?

I should know crying won't change anything, so I pull myself back together.
Then, when I start doing my homework, I get the sense that someone is watching me.

It's that little boy! But why is he here by me?
He hasn't learned to talk yet, so I listen while he babbles away.

That look on his face says he has a very important  message to tell me.

Next, he shows me his toy butterfly. Unlike me, he has never known what it feels like to be unloved.
But his pure joy brings a smile to my face. I'm feeling better now.

I want to show my thanks to the little boy but only have three social options.
I can talk to him about another sim, hug him, or…uh, I forget the third option.

I don't even remember how long it's been since I hugged someone or been hugged.
It's a nice feeling. It's almost as if this little boy is healing me.

Later, I learn from my classmates that his name is Ayato and that he's practically royalty!
He's the great-grandson of Serena Zanna, founder of the Zanna dynasty of vampires.

A few weeks later, I get a text message out of the blue from someone who claims to be Ayato Zanna.
Yeah, fat chance! Says he wants to meet me during lunch hour today.

I arrive at grade school a half hour early as usual and, whoa, who's that total dreamboat walking my way?

Ayato: Hey, Kendall! Don't you remember me? I'm Ayato--we met at the park!
Kendall: You look pretty different from the last time we met. Um, happy birthday?

Ayato: You never answered my text. Can we meet during your lunch hour later?
Kendall: No problem. (I'm trying to pretend I don't care. Is it working?)

Fast-forward to lunch hour...
Ayato: So this rooftop is your secret hideout, Kendall? Cool!
Kendall: Yeah, nobody ever comes up here except me.
Hey, how'd you know my phone number? I never even told you my name! Haha, you couldn't even talk when I last saw you!

Ayato: Oh, I've got my ways. By the way, I'm not in school, you know. I came just to see you!
Did you make this plasma fruit salad yourself?
Kendall: I did. Don't you like it? I really tried to cook something you'd like.

Ayato: It smells great, Kendall! Thanks for packing me a lunch!

After school, Ayato texts again to invite me over so I do my best to look nice.
Imagine my embarrassment when I learn it's just a gathering of the League of Adventurers!

Ayato: Now that the club's over, you wanna sit behind the house and chat, Kendall?
Kendall: Sure.

Ayato: I've been wanting to talk to you. *explains about his responsibilities as Zanna heir and his Vampire family aspiration
Kendall: That all sounds crazy difficult, Ayato, but why are you telling me?

Ayato: When we're both older, I want to turn you into a vampire like me. Would you like that? Would you become my offspring?
Kendall: Honestly? I'm not gonna try to hide how I feel, Ayato. I'd do anything to spend more time around you.
Ayato: That's exactly how I feel about you! But I'm going to become a teen tomorrow. We'll be the same age again soon, Kendall. I promise!

Over the next week, Ayato occasionally texts me to say he's making progress with his requirements.
Then, one day, he invites me over again but, this time, I know I won't be the only one.
Ayato explains that he's a teen now and that he's going to be turning four sims, including me.

After he ages us all up to teens, he turns the other three girls then sends them on their way.
And now that it's just the two of us, he offers to turn me.

Once I agree, he pounces on me with an ardor that I've never known.
His touch burns me. His fangs ignite my blood. I am his.
I drink hungrily from his vampiric essence. He is  mine.

You already know what happens next.
Two days later, Ayato ages me up to a young adult and I gain a third trait: Foodie.
But when I get a makeover, our simverse runs haywire and I gain the Mean trait instead.

Bella gloats while Jung informs me that I'm no longer a suitable match for Ayato.

To add insult to injury, Bella kicks me out of the house in a most unceremonious manner!

I rush home and head for bed, wanting only to curl up and forget.
The poster I had made of a younger Ayato smiles down at me as I cry myself to sleep.

Like the air, I am everywhere yet forever unseen, unnoticed.
Unlike the air, my presence is not essential to life. In fact, at times like this, my very life seems unnecessary.

What need have I now for immortality?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks/Kendall's Tale: I Am the Air (10/14 new)
« Reply #326 on: October 14, 2017, 10:26:53 AM »
Poor Kendall!!!  This did absolutely nothing to curb my desire to see the mistress storyline play out.  Kendall's story is so sad and tragic, it would be nice if she and Ayato could secretly have their happiness together even though he has to do dynasty things.
The air metaphor throughout was glorious!  It helped depict Kendall even more as a beautifully tragic heroine by giving the telling a poetic flair.  So good, yet so sad.
Kudos (wipes tears)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks/Ayato's Tale: I Am the Heir (Two-Part Update; 10/14 new)
« Reply #327 on: October 14, 2017, 05:22:52 PM »

This is the second part of a two-part update.
If you have yet to read the first part, you can jump back to "Kendall's Tale: I Am the Air" by clicking here.

@PeregrineTook
You have always supported Kendall as the spousal choice for Ayato. After the replay when Kendall gained the Mean trait, some knee-jerk reflex made me send her away.
Well, alright, to be honest, Bella is by now a highly skilled helper and having both women living in the same house would be awkward to say the least.
Thank you for your fervent shipping of Ayato/Kendall. Your enthusiasm is what inspired me to write their back stories, though the poor writing is entirely my own fault. Hah!

8.81. Ayato's Tale: I Am the Heir

The unknowing look at me and assume that I have it all: lineage, wealth, and looks.
Admittedly, I was raised in the lap of luxury.
Everyone believes the Dineros are loaded, but the Zannas are no slouches.
By the time I moved out, my parents had amassed over $600,000 in household funds.

Right after moving out, each Zanna heir is forced to live in dire poverty.
Nevertheless, we Zannas descend  from a venerable aristocratic line of Italian vampires.

Claiming that I'm irresistible, females of all ages throng to my side.
The vampire wannabe, the groupie, the I-want-whatever-my-BFF-wants, the gold-digger, the social climber, you name it.

None of them ever bother to look past my exterior, my pocketbook, my social status.

I am the heir, prized for my looks and talents while my emotional needs go disregarded.

As you know, the Zannas are the fiercest competitors in this Rival Dynasties Challenge.
Our founder, Serena, is particularly intent on winning. She hates to lose at anything.

I didn't really mind that Mama spent all her time on her bloodline requirements.
I didn't really mind that Papa worked hard as a scientist then locked himself away to craft camping mascots.
Uncle Masato, a vampire named Bella, and nannies were always around to see to my needs, both biological and dynastic.

Then, one day, Mama shattered my hope for happiness with an announcement.
The founder had chosen my future wife before I'd even been born.

What about Romance? What about True Love? What about my One True Pairing?!

If you've been reading this story, you'll remember why Bella Goth initially agreed to leave her husband.
Grandpa Massimo led her to believe that she would be with him.
I hear she only resigned herself to marrying me due to Mama's persuasiveness.

Does Bella think I don't know how she waits until just after I leave for school or work?
Then, she immediately invites Massimo out under the thinly veiled pretext of discussing "family matters." Right!

Does she not realize I always hear about the times she's lured Grandpa to secluded spots under false pretenses?

Bella: Oh Massimo, you are such a dear, coming way out here to help me look for my contact lens.
Massimo: Are you sure your lens fell out around here, Bella? What were you doing out here anyway?

Bella: You are a sweetheart, dear Massimo. Let me show you my appreciation with a hug.
Massimo (to himself): Darn, fooled again! When will she realize I'll never care about her?

Ayato: But I'm not really here to complain about Bella, a woman who only stays for the prestige of becoming the Gen4 Zanna spouse.

No, I wish to tell you about someone who has stolen my heart with kindness and affection.
I wish to tell you about Kendall Roberts.

Soon after my toddler birthday, Uncle Masato throws a toddler play date at the Play and Park community lot.
I'm the hosting toddler and Uncle Masato's son Makoto is the guest.

After playing on the slides with our fathers, Makoto and I play together in the sand pit.
That's when I hear the muffled noises of a kitten crying. Did it lose its mommy?

Walking in the direction of the crying, I find a young girl in tears.
My heart aches at the sight of this stranger who seems so sad and alone.

I want to tell her that the flowers on her pigtails are very pretty.
I want to tell her that they're even prettier than my own beloved toy butterfly.
But I haven't learned to talk yet. I can only babble.

Suddenly she smiles and opens her arms wide. She plans to hug me!
I have the charmer trait so I'm always Sharing the Love with my family.

But this is the first time anyone, a stranger at that, has wanted to hug me first.
Bring it on, little girl!

She holds me tightly as if she were afraid I might run off and vanish.
She holds me gently as if I were precious.

What is this feeling coming over me? Oh, this is what it feels like to be needed.
She needs to hug me and I needed to be needed. Our timing is perfect.

When she goes to release me, I embarrass myself by clinging to her a wee bit longer.

She's taken to me because I saw her pain and tried vainly to make her smile.
That she finds my presence to be healing frees me, if only for a moment, from my reality as a dynastic pawn.

Masato: What's the big rush after blowing out your candles? Why so hush-hush about meeting here?
Ayato: Do you remember that little girl in pigtails at the Play and Park community lot?
We're both the same age now, but I don't know anything about her. Can you help me?

Masato: Sure thing. Just tell me what kind of info you want, Ayato!
Ayato: Thanks! And remember, my parents must NOT know.

Ayato: Wow, you have all this info already, Uncle Masato? Even her phone number! You stalk like a boss!
Masato: Once I identified her father as the produce vendor, the rest came very easily.

Ayato: I'm going to text her right now to see if she wants to meet at lunchtime tomorrow.
Masato: Kendall. Her name is Kendall Brothers.

Kendall never replies to my text message, so I head for her school the next morning.
Here she comes! She looks exactly as I remember her!

Hey, Kendall! It's me, Ayato--we met at the park! *waves

Kendall: What do you mean you'll come back here for my lunch hour? You don't go to school?
Ayato: Nope. I just came here to see you! Why didn't you answer my text yesterday?
Kendall: I didn't think it was really you who sent it.

Ayato: You're so cute, Kendall! You say you didn't believe that text was from me.
But you brought sack lunches for both of us today, anyway.
Kendall: *blushes

Ayato: This plasma fruit salad is delicious! How did you know it's the only food I can eat?
Kendall: I just tried really hard to cook something that you'd enjoy. *smiles

Ayato: You know, nobody has ever packed me a lunch before, Kendall. Thank you!
Kendall: No problem. *feels secretly very, very pleased

Ayato: Hey, remember when I was a toddler and you hugged me?
Kendall: Yeah. So?

Ayato: Is it okay if I hug you back now?
Kendall: Ummmm…. *squees silently
Ayato: Will you be my BFF, Kendall?

Kendall misunderstands when I invite her over for a League of Adventurers gathering.
She's all dressed up as if she thinks it's just gonna be the two of us. I'm flattered.

Ayato: I have so much to tell you about what it means to be a Zanna heir, Kendall!
Kendall: Why tell me all that? I'm not even a vampire!

Ayato: Because I'm hoping that, when we grow up, you'll want to share this life with me.
Kendall: Oh, Ayato!

During a break between skilling and other move-out requirements, I take the time to age up and turn four girls.
Kendall is not, by any means, just one of the girls. She is my heart.

She grows up into a breathtakingly beautiful teenager. I fall ever deeper in love.

Two days later, Kendall transforms into a vampire in front of our house.
I lure her out of the sunlight and into our home by ageing her up to a young adult.

Ayato: Happy birthday, Kendall! You are now an unflirty insider who's a foodie!
Kendall: Ayato, does this mean that...?

Ayato: Yes, love. You are perfect. Sadly, though, I'm still a teen though we remain  best friends!
I must wait until Saturday night to finally kiss you!

However, I cannot wait a moment longer to see Kendall attired as my vampire queen.
At my request, she goes to my mother who helps give her a makeover.

And as you already know, my impatience would cost the two of us very dearly.

When she emerges from the closet, our simverse glitches and we're forced to relive the past day.
After ageing her up to young adult again, I use "Detect personality" on my beloved.

Kendall's Foodie trait has been replaced by the Mean trait. How could that happen?

Kendall laments her rejection by my family, while Bella looks on with mocking amusement.
She flees the house while I'm preoccupied with completing the rest of my move-out requirements.

Many hours later, I've moved out and ensured that Bella is eating for two.
On a hunch, I visit South Square Coffee because Kendall once said she loves the scones there.

And there she sits, looking sad and lonely, just like the first time I saw her at the park.

Do not blame me, gentle readers, for dashing inside and whisking Kendall away to the Ancient Ruins.

I am the heir, prized for my looks and talents while my emotional needs go disregarded.

Kendall is my life, my soul. She is like the very air I breathe: I cannot live without her.

I really needed a break from all my recent micro-managing, so I quite enjoyed letting the story take priority over the gameplay (for a change) in this two-part update.
The storytelling got very maudlin and shmarmy at times, but now I feel fully justified in granting Kendall and Ayato all the happiness they rightly deserve.

My apologies to you if Bella is one of your favorite sims. I usually like her quite a lot myself, but I needed to make her evil so that Kendall could garner more sympathy, hehe.

Coming next (eventually): Back to the trials and tribulations of Satoshi's Comeback

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Rival Cowfolks/Ayato's Tale: I Am the Heir (Two-Part Update; 10/14 new)
« Reply #328 on: October 14, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
Yes!  True love wins the day!!
Kendall is so glorious and I've so enjoyed you humoring me (and hopefully others enjoyed it as much as I did) by fleshing out the sweet and glorious love between the heir and the air  :=)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: Rival Cowfolks/Ayato's Tale: I Am the Heir (Two-Part Update; 10/14 new)
« Reply #329 on: October 14, 2017, 11:24:22 PM »
@oshizu It's not that I think the Zannas are stupid for sabotaging the competition, it's just that I feel like they don't need to. Momo Soma's going to have to book it as if she's not fast enough, a faster family could sneak into her house. I know that the value of paintings could put her near the Zannas but I seriously don't think that it'll be enough considering the Zannas get a fifth collection and two portraits. So, like, basically, if the Dineros had done it, I'd have been less...eh? about it. But as you pointed out, the Zannas and Dineros are related so...the Zannas want their cadet branch on top, I can get behind that.

Nah, my love for the Somas started with the purple hair. Purple's my favorite color. That and I thought they'd had the hardest requirements to meet (which you make look so easy). Your story telling is and always has been on point- entertaining and informative. It's a great cross between a log and zomg drama! that a lot of Sims stories become (with good reason, of course). This little interlude with Kendall and Ayato is really sweet and sad. I sure hope they get to live happily ever after in another file somewhere. Or that once Bella does her thing and the competition is over, Ayato and Kendall can live happily ever after as vampire royalty, I am not picky. Your writing style here is different but still poignant and precise. It takes a lot of skill to write stuff to fit with screen shots (and take screenshots worthy of inclusion).