Author Topic: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: Whistle While You Twerk [Completed 03/05/2018]  (Read 180543 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 9.96. Uncontrollable (11/08 update)
« Reply #390 on: November 11, 2017, 04:06:30 PM »
@Magpie2012
It was really shocking to watch Ruki mesmerize his Auntie Laura without my being able to intervene. By the time Ayato's travel screen appeared, I didn't actually see Ruki drinking but he had the moodlets that proved he did. Bad vamp!

What I want to do next is one of Playalot's new challenges, either the Runaway Teen (which would be more fun and easier, maybe) or Vet Clinic: Rags to Riches (which seems incredibly hard, so probably not, lol).
Just a for short break.
After that, I can decide between the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty (I've never played the ISBI challenge) and the Life States challenge.
What appeals to me about the Life States challenge is that I can start with two favorite sims and watch the genetics play out. What scares me about it, though, is toddler training. Haha.

@BallerinaHippo
Thanks for reading this silly story and your nice words. This challenge has been rather grindy the way I've been playing it because, after each heir moves out, I've been moving out the next-generation heir in two weeks. I do have a half dozen sims that I really like though and that I'd love to feature in a new challenge.
And yes, I'll be trying to give most of the sims a happy ending, except Ruki Zanna, lol.
The fact that Sofia's son Nikolaj ended up with blond hair like his mother makes the guessing harder. :)   Haha, I know who you mean!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 9.97. The Last Museum Contribution
« Reply #391 on: November 11, 2017, 08:21:18 PM »
9.97. Ayato Zanna (3/4): The Last Museum Contribution

Thursday

Laura: Aren't you being a bit cavalier about the challenge these days?
Ayato: Oh c'mon, Laura! I thought you and Alfonso might enjoy a little clubbing!

Alfonso: I'm always glad to get out of that Focused Room, Laura.
And besides, the Zanna victory is pretty much in the bag!

Laura: One real advantage of being a vampire is the eternal life!
Check out Grandpa Caleb over there in his cosmetic frames and cowboy hat!

Alfonso: Yeah, unlike my brother-in-law Alex who probably dressed himself in the dark, Caleb looks so stylishly youthful!

Ayato: I don't know, folks, my Great-Grandpa Caleb seems to be suffering a mid-immortality identity crisis these days.
Yesterday, Watchette took me with her to Brindleton Bay to make her maps.

I ran into him working in a Seafood Sampler stall in Whiskerman's Wharf. Why?

Bartender: What's a gorgeous woman like you drinking alone at a club, lady?
Bella: It's a loooooooong story, believe me.

Bartender: Short version?
Bella: I fell for a guy who asks me to leave my husband. Turns out he's in love already with another man.
Then, after breaking up with me, he marries me off to his grandson who doesn't love me. We have a son.

Bartender: Whoa, that's tragic! Here's a triple shot for you. It's on me, cuz you need it!

Masato: Wouldn't you rather be inside dancing instead of here fishing with me, son?
Makoto: Not at all. By the way, I'm grateful I got to live with you as a teen, Dad.

Masato: You don't regret not staying with the Somas? You would have seen more of Momo!
Makoto: I doubt that Satoshi was thinking of moving me out with him. Momo and I will be together, you'll see!

Ruki: It's almost daylight already and I didn't catch a single angelfish!
So much for ending this challenge with the highest-value museum collection…
Yep, I'd been thinking ambrosia but it's out now, since I can't max Fishing.

Ruki: One mistake! One mistake beyond my control while I was experiencing a mood swing!
And now everyone's turned their back on me! Everyone!

I bet if I'd grown up looking like my father Ayato, Watchette would have forgiven me immediately! Grrrr.

Ruki: You know what else?
I'm sick and tired of constantly being unfavorably compared with that Makoto and his double-jointed pinky!

Ruki: And I've reached Level 10 of Homestyle Cooking!
In a show of belated compassion, Watchette buys me the highest-end fridge and stove.

Uncle Alfonso and Uncle Masato show up right away to give them insta-upgrades.
Time to get started on my museum collection!

Ruki: Until recently, I'd always assumed that Great-Great-Uncle Lio was a jerk.
Now I understand that when our rivals picked fights with him, he'd get Enraged.

That's why he was always drinking uncontrollably while or after becoming enemies with our rivals.
Well, I have to admit: his frequent break-ins at community lots weren't such a hot idea.

Friday

Ruki: Around 3:30 am, I've completed my collection and leave for the Zanna Museum with Papa.

Oops, I've forgotten to bring my portraits in my haste.
I phone Makoto and he brings them over to the Founder's lot in a flash.

To think that I'm the fifth and last Zanna to place my museum items in here!

Ruki: It's a little past 4 am when my museum area is finally done!
I must commend our Founder. She's the only founder who prepared display areas for all four of her heirs in advance!

My collection consists of seven platters of Roasted Tofu Chicken for a total $2,842.
Before you say that's lame, remember the values of Gen3 and Gen4 Dinero heirs' collections ($1,353 + $1,120, respectively).

Ayato: So here's the final museum values for all three bloodlines, Ruki:
$114,457 (Dinero) < $114,895 (Soma) < $117,939120 (Zanna)

Ayato: Well done, Ruki! It's only Friday morning and all you need now are two enemies!
If you can manage that without burning up in the sunlight then move out, we'll be home free!
Ruki: I want to get started making enemies right now, Papa!

Ayato: I understand exactly how you feel! I'm ready to finish this rivalry and move on, too!
But you need to wait until your rivals wake up. At least give them time to have breakfast, okay?

Current Week 9 Status: Zanna Line

Gen4 Heir: Ayato Zanna
*Completed bloodline requirements: ALL

Gen5 Heir: Ruki Zanna
  Traits: Inquisitive; Cheerful, Music Lover
*Completed move-out requirements: ALL
  Toddler Skills: Happy Toddler (L5 Imagination and Thinking)
  Childhood aspiration: Artistic Prodigy (done)
  Good Friends: Serena Zanna; Nobuya Yamaguchi, Ritvik, Srivastava, Shaurya Nair
  Portraits (2/2): $13,977 (normal: $7,900; dark: $6,077)
  Teen career: Fast Food (Level 3)
  "A" in high school: yes
  Aspiration: Nerd Brain (done)
  Skills: Logic (Level 10) and Cooking (Level 10)
   Collection (7/7):  $2,842 (Roast Tofu Chicken x7)
*Incomplete move-out requirements:
   Enemies: (Dinero and Soma)

Author's Note:
I'm pretty sure this challenge will be over after the next update.
Although the challenge will end, I hope to add a few more updates to follow up on our favorites (i.e., see what their offspring look like, lol).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 9.97. The Last Museum Contribution (11/11 new)
« Reply #392 on: November 11, 2017, 09:38:55 PM »
At least let your enemies have a good breakfast before you throw shade their way.  Noice!
Ruki, stop trying to justify your actions by referencing Lio.  Maybe you're just as bad as him and your Watcher's attention has been all that's saved you thus far.
I'm so glad there will be some future updates.  Can't get enough Serena and Laura Rival Cowfolks!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #393 on: November 11, 2017, 11:48:08 PM »
Congrats to the Zanna line for a great win! But mainly, SUPER DUPER CONGRATS TO THE SOMA FAMILY!! Ha, second place, such a great job, not bad for the underdogs of the challenge. I can't wait to see how things wrap up, this has been such an entertaining read from start to finish so congrats to you, oshizu, for finishing another dynasty. Might we see an Ayato/ Kendall kid in another story somewhere? Or perhaps Makoto and Momo will live happily ever after?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2017, 12:53:50 AM »
@PeregrineTook
Yep, we don't want our rivals having to argue on an empty stomach, right?
Haha, you're so observant about Ruki referencing Lio. He thinks bringing up Lio will somehow cast him in a more favorable light, comparatively.

@dontmindme
You said a few weeks back that the rivals would end very closely and you were right once again!
In retrospect, Satoshi fishing so late was a terrible idea! He should have just done what he could and passed the torch to Momo asap so she could make the real bucks with paintings.
If Momo had had the extra time for painting, who knows how the rivalry would have turned out? The Somas thank you for being such a loyal supporter!
Chief of Mischief sims are always so much fun to play and I really enjoyed Momo in general. She is definitely my favorite Soma heir!

Actually, this challenge isn't officially over until Ruki makes his two enemies and moves out, lol.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 9.98. An End to the Rivalry
« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2017, 05:14:59 AM »
9.98. Ayato Zanna (4/4): An End to the Rivalry

Week 9/Friday

Makoto: I'm within range to earn four out of the five additional traits based on my positive character values.
I wish I'd realized sooner that I could write in a journal to boost my Emotional Control.
Too late now, I guess.

Bella: I started writing novels yesterday and now I can write Love E-mails to Mortimer!
This morning, though, I'm writing excuse notes so Ruki and Makoto can stay home from school.

Alfonso: What are you two up to this morning? Having a mixology face-off?
Ayato: Hardly. We're just here, waiting until the simverse wakes up.

Alfonso: Huh? What do you mean?
Ayato: Once Ruki's target enemies are awake, Masato and I are going to mix Sunlight Reversal Cocktails for our sons.

Alfonso: I can understand Ruki's need for sunlight protection, but why Makoto?
Masato: He's been working hard so we thought he might enjoy his afternoon off outdoors.

Ayato: After Poppy leaves for school, we start mixing Sunlight Reversal Cocktails.
Too bad Mama already maxed this skill! I rather enjoy mixing drinks!

Masato: Once this challenge ends, Ayato, you can max any skill you want!
Boys, come drink down these cocktails so we can head out!

Ruki: My first target is Mint Dinero who I greet with a rude introduction.
I've brought along Papa, Uncle Masato, and Makoto for moral support.

Mint must be a little hotheaded, because our argument escalates rather quickly.

Ruki: I'm glad Papa came along. I've never been outdoors during the daytime like this!

Ayato: Man, Mint Dinero is living in such a plush crib! And waterfront property, too! Huh, moral support!?

Ruki: I used to consider Mint Dinero a very beautiful sim, but I learn today that she makes the most unpleasing faces!

Since she and I are both Music Lovers, I make sure to "argue about music" and "mock her musical taste"!

Ruki: Making an enemy is hard work! I wonder what my crew is doing? Praying for my success, no doubt!

Masato: An outdoor party area with a hookah lounge?! Dude, how is this even fair, Ayato?
Ayato: Eh, the vampire line has all the cool dudes! *shrugs

Ruki: Around 3 hours after I arrive, I can finally declare Mint my enemy!

Ruki: Look at her stomping her feet in fury. She's such a sore loser!

Next, I locate my crew hitting the hookah in their swimwear, sheesh!
Get dressed, folks, I'm ready to make another enemy!

Ayato: Hey, isn't that Sage Dinero's house across the street?

Makoto: By the time we get inside Satoshi Soma's home, Ruki and I are suffering from a double whammy!
Ruki: Yup, our Sunlight Reversal Cocktails wore off plus there's several garlic wards around the front door outside.

Ayato: And now you know why Masato and I both have portable bars! Makoto, come get another Sunlight Reversal Cocktail!
Ruki, Masato is mixing one for you right now!

Ruki: I can't believe you invited Momo Soma over when you know I'll be fighting her father!
Makoto: I've been wanting to see her and she lives right next door!

Ruki: What's the big rush?
Makoto: There's something I absolutely must do before you're ready to move out.

Makoto: Yes, Momo and I are best friends forever!

Momo (internally): Sofia's son Nikolaj is such a cutie-pie, but Makoto and I really click!
I wonder what his plans are after this challenge ends?

Satoshi: I felt kinda happy when Masato invited me to join his club!
But now I know you planned that to force me home from work early!

Ruki:  Oh puhleeze! I don't have all day to wait for you to get home, dude!

Ayato: I love this open-air lanai style! Our home feels so dark and gloomy in comparison!
Masato: You can only enjoy it now, bro, cuz you have full sunlight resistance!

Ayato: True, true! Anyway, I appreciate you coming here with me and hanging out while I wait on Ruki.

Makoto: No problem, my friend. I also want to make sure my son gets home safely!
I do believe this is the first day they've been outdoors in daylight as vampires.

Makoto (internally): Our romance bars have dwindled away, sadly. If only I were a young adult!

Momo (internally): What are his plans? Would he let me age him up? Are we just friends now?

Ruki: By the time I declare Satoshi Soma my enemy, it's almost 5 pm.
Not because it took longer. I waited around some before figuring out that Uncle Masato could invite him to the family club.

Makoto and I better head home before we lose our sunlight resistance again!
Ayato: Let's make one quick stop first!

Ayato: Hey, Nikolaj. I've been wanting to meet you!
Nikolaj: Good afternoon, Mr. Zanna. I'm honored that you'd stop by to see me.

Ayato: Well, you see, my son's moving out soon and I wonder if you'd consider rooming with him?
You two would have a nice big house all to yourselves.
Masato (internally): Also Makoto hopes to live here with Momo, so your presence would be a nuisance.

Nikolaj: Where is your son now, Mr. Zanna?
Makoto: I think I saw him heading upstairs.

Ruki: Here I am! Making a new enemy plunged me into an Enraged mood but this moodlet solver fixes that!

Nikolaj: You say you were upstairs? Did you meet my step-father, Ali Mandir?
Ruki: Why yes, I did, in fact.

Nikolaj: Mr. Zanna, I would live with you at the drop of a hat, but I'm gonna have to pass on your son.
Ayato: Well, that's a disappointment. Would you explain why?
Nikolaj: It's not obvious to you? Mother would kill me if I moved out to live with the vampire who drank from her husband!
Makoto: Way to burn your bridges, dude!

Masato: Am I just imagining things, Ayato, or do you and Nikolaj look rather alike?
Ayato: Well, look what time it is! We better fly off to the ole homestead.

Ayato: I know our union has never been a happy one, Bella, but I'd like to give you a parting gift before we go our separate ways.

Masato: Son, I'm really sad that you won't be living here with me and Ulrike but here's my send-off gift to you.

Bella and Makoto (in unison): What!? What!?

Ayato: Best wishes to you and yours in your new lives, Bella and Makoto!

Masato: Why are you photobombing Makoto's transformation shot, Ruki?
Ruki: Oh, I recently discovered that I'm in more screenshots when I stick close to Makoto.

Ruki: Happy birthday to me!

Laura (whispers): Psssst, Alfonso! Did you remove Ruki as a dependent like I did?
Alfonso (whispers): Hehe, beat you to it!

Ruki: First, Bella moves out. Next, Auntie Laura moves out with Uncle Alfonso and their daughter Poppy. Then, Makoto moves out.
Finally, leaving Papa and Uncle Masato behind, I move to the lot next door at Civic Cliffs.
I can't believe nobody wants to live with me!

We've reached the 25-image limit for this post, so the following post contains the remaining five images.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 9.98. An End to the Rivalry (11/12 new)
« Reply #396 on: November 12, 2017, 06:40:42 AM »
This post contains the last five images of the preceding post, Chapter 9.98, which starts here. (Go on, click it, please!)

9.98. Ayato Zanna (4/4), Continued

Ruki moves into the middle lot of the five lots in eastern Newcrest.
Checking his relationship panel, he finds that the only other sim he can invite to move in at the moment is Nanny Imane El Fassi.

Apparently, Bella Goth, Laura Zanna/Alfonso Dinero/Poppy, and Makoto Yamaguchi have other plans that don't include Ruki.

Here's an overall view of Newcrest after Ruki's move:

Parting Shots of the Dynasty Sims

The Dinero Mansion Barons
Seated, left to right: Mina (Gen3), Daniela (Founder), Moss (Gen2), and Mint (Gen4)
Standing: Sage (Gen5)

The Soma Restauranteurs/Retailers
Seated, left to right: Akira (Gen3), Yukio (Founder), Megumi (Gen2), and Satoshi (Gen4)
Standing: Momo (Gen5)

The Zanna Vampires
Seated, left to right: Vitoria (Gen3), Serena (Founder), Massimo (Gen2), and Ayato (Gen4)
Standing: Ruki (Gen5)

Author's Note

Ruki moving out to the Civic Cliffs lot marks the official end of this Rival Dynasties Challenge.
As you already know, all three bloodlines occupy five lots each in Newcrest but the Zannas win due to their highest total museum worth.

The challenge is completed but my story will continue for at least two more updates, so please stop by this thread again later.
Thanks so much for following this silly story to its almost-conclusion. Be prepared for a little more silliness and maybe even some romantic closure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #397 on: November 12, 2017, 11:30:08 AM »
Can't believe how quickly you got through this! 
That's right, Ruki, no one wants to live with the vamp who feasted on Laura!
The shots at the end of the bloodlines all together were so wonderfully set-up!  I rather enjoyed the consistency of the final heir standing in the background.  It just seemed right.  Of course, the only thing that would have improved those shots would have been replacing Ruki with Laura and Poppy  ;=)  Seriously, though, excellent work, a lovely update, and I look forward to the continued checking in on these wonderful families that you plan to do.  I'll definitely still be following!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #398 on: November 12, 2017, 05:14:50 PM »
Congratulations, oshizo! I do hope you do the Ten Gen Dynasty next!

Just think. Only one toddler per generation to deal with!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #399 on: November 12, 2017, 08:08:12 PM »
Congratulations on finishing, oshizu! I can't wait to see what your next challenge is.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #400 on: November 13, 2017, 12:44:36 AM »
Congratulations on finishing the challenge!  And Bravo to the Zannas for the win!  I'm looking forward to seeing how you wrap this up.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #401 on: November 13, 2017, 04:26:51 AM »
Congratulations Oshizu, i have been following but not commenting much, so happy to see all families coming so close.
And i am also interested in your next project :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #402 on: February 14, 2018, 05:04:09 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their congratulations on my completing this challenge.
It's hard to believe that was three months ago!  Still, it was a pleasure to plan, play, and finally finish.
In November, I didn't immediately continue with the finale and happily ever afters because, around the time of my last update, I had a glitch where most of the households and lots in my Tray folder disappeared.
So, this is just a brief note that I'm in the process now of trying to work around that glitch to plan the finale that the victors deserve.
Coming soon to theaters near you! *waves

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #403 on: February 14, 2018, 05:37:35 PM »
Hooray! I wasn't around for the Zannas' dramatic victory, but I'm so glad I've returned in time to witness the finale! I can't wait!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Rival Cowfolks in Newcrest: 10.99. The POPOs of Newcrest
« Reply #404 on: February 18, 2018, 10:30:08 PM »
Finale (1/2): 10.99. The POPOs of Newcrest

It was November of 2017 when the Zannas won the Rival Dynasties Challenge.
Time stands still, however, in their simverse.
After all their hard work, I believe the Zannas deserve a finale so they might bask in their victory.

Hey there! Remember me? I'm Ayato Zanna, the fourth-generation heir of the Zanna dynasty.

A little over three real-life months have passed since we Zannas won The Rivalry.
Don't believe for a minute that we've simply been languishing in our watcher's save file!

Our National Leader was so impressed at how the Zannas take care of business!
He gave our founder, Serena Zanna, the key to the Simverse then, last month, made her the new Chief of Police.

My great-grandmother Serena asked a bunch of us to support her at the Police Station.
So we all quit our original careers to join her. (I quietly stepped down from my post as the National Leader, hehe.)
And may I point out that it's not nepotism if we've earned our promotions, okaaaaay?

That's my great-grandfather, Caleb, with my grandfather Massimo (Gen2 heir).

That's my mother Vitoria (Gen3 heir), the daughter of Massimo and Morgan Fyres.
You may recall my father, Jung Storey, one of Serena's offspring.
He fried in the sun and had to be resurrected.  Looks like Watchetted "dehulked" him, too.
Jung: Hush, son, that's my secret!

Masato Yamaguchi used to be Grandpa Massimo's yoga teacher.
And that's the ex-vampire Makoto, Masato's son with Ulrike Faust.

So, yeah, we're the seven who followed Serena Zanna to her job at the Police Station.

Ayato: So, sugar, how many times have been arrested this week so far? Isn't this your fourth "visit"?
Prisoner: Oh, Detective Ayato, you're counting! I'm so touched. Yes, it's my fourth arrest this week.

Ayato: Why don't get your act together?

Prisoner: Oh honey, nobody frisks me like you do! Nobody!
Ayato: …

Serena: The work of we defenders of justice is never done!
As usual, the eight of us are working late into the night.

Lately, sims have been anonymously phoning in complaints about the new hotbed of evil, New Vegas.
And tonight is no different.

Serena: Folks, would everyone gather in the Criminal Investigations Department asap?
I'd like to discuss a new case.  Ayato, I'm counting on you to work the case map.
Ayato: You got it, Chief!

For the past year, we've all been busy with The Rivalry and then with settling into our new gig as popos.
Meanwhile, some enterprising moneybags have transformed Magnolia Promenade into New Vegas.

According to our informant, the High Rollers' Haven is the epicenter of everything illegal in that zone.
Massimo: Sheesh! What were the police force doing until the Zannas took over?

Serena: This casino's become the haunt of every gangster, both known and incognito, in our simverse.
Travis: Hey, I know you don't mean me! I was just playing an innocent game of Old Maid.

Vitoria: I hear that relentless party boy Joaquin has squandered a small fortune on roulette lately.
So that's where it went down, eh?

Ayato: Okay, so there's been a little gambling at the casino. What's the big deal?
Serena: Hold onto your horses! I'm just getting warmed up, baby boy!

Jung: I've been hearing rumors lately about a casino where the slot machines are rigged for the house.
Masato: So, what's new?

Makoto: My sources say Travis Scott hacked into his firm's retirement funds to pay off his gambling debts.
He's also been going around trash talking a certain underhanded blackjack dealer.
Any idea who that would be, Serena?

Serena: That would be oshizu. She's one of our best undercover agents, you know.
Sorry for the shameless self-insertion, dear readers. I couldn't resist…

Serena: I assigned my son Massimo as oshizu's handler.
The two of them have been working tirelessly on the case for the past month.

Caleb: Obviously, that place is a hardcore den of iniquity, frequented by every sort of unscrupulous sim!

Massimo: What is particularly insidious is that the casino is a tie-up between old money and Mob Wives.
I'm pretty sure Jacques Villareal is The Brain.
Also, Nancy Landgraab has been mobilizing bored housewives and bachelorettes everywhere.

Ayato: That makes sense. That tie-up alone is a tremendous threat to public security!

Serena: We have enough evidence now to issue an arrest warrant.
I think we all agree that a sting is in order. Let's wait until nightfall, shall we?

(to be continued…)

Author's Notes

Thanks to the following creators for their great custom content and lots.
   • Police shirts and hats by ZitaDesigns at TSR
   • Set of casino objects by JomSims
   • NightClub The Vegas by TiaraGC (my "casino")
   • Club Elyssium Las Vegas by Ghastaee (the light-blue and black club behind the "casino")

anything