Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 3356 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Tapatalk
« on: March 12, 2017, 07:02:02 AM »
Tapatalk has been automatically disabled, due to a requirement by Apple that apps communicate over https. In order to fix it, I'll have to move the site to that type of protocol. This isn't something I can do immediately. Since they made this change, it's outside my control at the moment but I hope to get it working again for those of you who use it. I just cannot promise a time frame for that :(

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »
Thanks, Carl! I was wondering why I couldn't log in on my phone. Switching to https sounds like a huge undertaking, so I'll be patient. I do appreciate the explanation, though. It's a relief to know I'm not doing something wrong. Now I'll stop uninstalling and reinstalling the app over and over. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 04:54:23 PM »
Well poo on Apple. That is one reason I went to the dark side as I call it in my house, to android. We were a house divided. I've noticed a few glitches in the android app, so I'll be patient also. You always come through for us.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 01:20:02 PM »
I was wondering what was happening. Thought it was just my crap Blackberry again lol

My Android phones don't seem to have an issue, I'm using one of them now.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

ETA: Well, that was short-lived 😭 now the regular Tapatalk doesn't work for me either. Thank the gods for Android and Chrome 😀

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 07:19:51 AM »
@Carl Sorry to open a dead thread, but, have we had any progress on the Tapatalk issue? I used it a lot back in the day so I'm really eager for it to be up and running again :-)

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 05:32:10 AM »
Obviously I forgot to try to fix this. I'm sorry about that. Too bad these things evidently can't auto-update. I've been pretty distracted by life here lately but will attempt to fix it when I have time to figure out how to just reinstall it from scratch.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 05:42:18 AM »
@Magpie2012 I went to look at what was ahead of me. It looks like I had started the process so long ago by getting the old install out, then must have had something happen that made me fail to finish the process.

When I looked at what was ahead, there were only a few steps left.. so here I am, already done.

Did it work? It says that we're now listed again and that the plugin is detected.

edit: and evidently, I was wrong about the https thing or else they disabled it until they could fix it/allow it to comply with some rule. We are not on https yet.

But I realize it could still be broken on iphone and I need to do the full https transition. Anyone with an iphone confirm that tapatalk is still broken on iphone?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 09:56:29 AM »
Hi! I’m on iPhone, and it actually seems to be working fine. I was able to log in and if this goes through then posting is working as well. At first topics were taking 45 seconds or more to load, but after a few the app seemed to wake up and now it’s almost instant.
Thanks so much for fixing this! It’s a really nice resource to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 11:59:40 PM »
And I can confirm it's working for Android Thanks Carl!!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 11:41:56 PM »
Hi

So Tapatalk is not working with the Forum today! Not sure what's up with that.

Happy Sunday Simming <3

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 11:50:13 AM »
TapaTalk has been disabled, but Carl is trying to get it backup and working.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 12:58:48 PM »
Thanks MrsFlynn :-) Carl sent me a PM and I said I would check it for him in a few minutes :-)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 04:17:20 PM »
Looks like it might be working again <3

I did have a problem in PMs where it refreshed a couple times before I had finished typing so I had to start over. Will test that out a bit more later (it's 22:20 here and I have a long day tomorrow so bed for me now lol)

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk

anything