Author Topic: Skipping School Bug  (Read 25943 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Skipping School Bug
« on: December 08, 2009, 05:35:33 AM »
This may or may not be related to World Adventures and the various bugs, but it's something I've just noticed. The kids in my Sim family are skipping school! They get on the bus just fine in the mornings, but they don't go into the school building. I started getting the message at birthdays that I can't choose a trait because of "indifferent study habits" even though they were going to school every day and doing homework every night. Next I noticed that when one was supposed to be at school, I didn't see the box in the upper left corner that lets me select if they Work Hard, Meet New Friends, etc. So, I clicked on the career/school tab and there it was in red letters: Skipping School! Ok, I would click the Go To School box and then think nothing of it, but it kept happening. Just now, I zoomed in on the school itself and saw them outside talking with several other kids. Again, I clicked Go To School and they would go inside. But then *poof* and they were in back of the school, not attending class. I did this over and over with two teenage cousins and they would never stay inside the school. My household is currently at 8 Sims, so I don't pay precise attention to everyone and teenagers aren't really my favorite age anyway.

So... my question is... has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions? And everyone else, you better check your kids and make sure they're actually at school!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Iseran

Re: Skipping School Bug
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 11:45:54 AM »
And they come home on the bus?  with homework to do!?  Weird.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
Wow!  :o  Nope, I haven't had that happen, but then again I'm not really playing families with kids right now.  In sims 2 the social worker would come get them.  Wonder what happens in sims 3?

Offline Honeymooners

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »
Check your kids!   I have had this issue too!    I can usually send them back to school but I hate micro managing my kids like that. 

I have been trying to pin point when or why it happens and I think they leave school if I accept an opportunity.    I am not 100% on that but I am still trying to pinpoint what is going on. 

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 04:27:31 PM »
Those darn kids, ditching school!  :o  Wow, story progression gone wild.  I guess I haven't noticed this, since I don't usually play families with kids....good to know since I struggle raising children normally, I most definitely won't play any of my families with kids til this is figured out!  8) ;)

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 07:20:04 PM »
I am currently playing a game with a toddler, 2 teens and a single mom.  The teens go to school everyday and have yet to skip.

Offline Justine

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 01:03:04 PM »
Have you found a solution? Mine have just started skipping too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 01:07:17 PM »
No, not a specific solution, but it stopped happening.  It will still happen to me, but it's very rare now and they usually only skip once when it happens.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

TheLostGirls

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 07:15:22 PM »
teenagers aren't really my favorite age anyway.

Don't make me laugh. I'm your favorite poster ;D.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 02:08:08 AM »
Yes, my teenager sims skipped school too. Even I sent her back to school again. She skipped school again...
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

Sculpur

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 03:12:33 PM »
I don't know if this is the same bug, but my children started doing this too... And I found out that all the kids in town skip, too! That's because in my case school bell rings prematurely (3-4 times during the school day), effectively dismissing all pupils (even though career metter decreases which proves that school is still on). Manually sending the kids back to school does the job, they stay in until the next untimely bell(but they have to write a new homework each time they go back!). This situation doesn't seem to pass, and proper timing is the only thing that keeps the children on the honor roll.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Sculpur!

What you describe is almost exactly what was happening to me when I first started this topic.  I don't know why, but it hasn't been a problem for quite a while now.  I was hoping that EA had fixed the bug, but if you're still having the same problem, apparently they haven't.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Sculpur

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 06:03:18 PM »
Thank you Pam :) About the bug, I think I just found a mod that fixes it, so I will try it on.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 09:21:13 PM »
Beware of mods.  Our official stand is that we don't recommend or encourage their use.  They can be very risky and there's a good chance they can really mess up your game.  We really don't recommend them and don't allow them to be discussed or linked on the forum.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 06:52:16 PM »
There is a sim child in my current game that absolutely refuses to attend school.  I don't know what to do and it is driving me crazy!  He goes off on the bus and when I check on him, he's playing on the swings.  I give him the command "go to school;" he runs around to the front of the school, goes in, and next thing he's coming out the back.  Last school day we did this at  least half a dozen times until 3 pm finally arrived.  Does anyone know why this happens and what, if anything, can be done about it?  He is ambitious and wants to do well in school but this is sure a strange way of showing it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests