Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 10.70: Faina Lee, Finished! (Completed 19/06/2018)  (Read 143831 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: To the Shores of Triple-Lee (12/23 new)
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2017, 07:15:42 AM »
@Shewolf13
Unlike me with Liberty, you planned Ulrike's first week for optimum advantage.
I considered starting with Akira as founder instead of Liberty, since Akira would move into the BFFs' home which is a lot roomier than Akira's apartment.
But I opted for Liberty because of the potential her family name Lee offers for silly puns.
Arrrgggh, their apartment is so very cramped! And, because it's an apartment, I can't even build a basement.

As for the heir's traits, I'm trying to have Cirius earn the extra Happy Toddler trait which will, I hope, trump whatever base traits he rolls.

This is not the starting household that I'd envisioned, but at least the triplets are adorbs. :D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »
Loved the title of this update!!  You are so clever!!  Triple-Lee indeed!
The boys are all super adorable.  I love that Dud's name was simply given as "Clingy" during the social interaction.  That racked me up more than probably should have.
Miko seems to be taking her role as nanny in more stride than she might have, but Akira!  He's autonomously a glorious caregiver and is also rocking on his aspiration on free days?  Sounds like quite the find!
I'm looking forward to seeing the boys grow more and see their personalities come into the spotlight even more  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2017, 01:46:27 PM »
@oshizu

Oh those boys are too cute! And your puns crack me up lol. I learned from my practice run. I did one because I haven't played Sims since Parenthood came out so I was rusty to begin with XD but that practice run was helpful.   I think Liberty was an excellent choice and Akira is a great spouse.

Love the remodel ^^

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2017, 05:16:31 PM »
Oh wow!  A new story just in time for the holiday!  I love the make-over that you gave Liberty, and I'm looking forward to even more great puns on her last name.  I had more to comment on, but I've forgotten already.  The triplets are adorable.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Triple Threat
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2017, 06:20:42 AM »
1.4: Triple Threat

Week 2/Monday

Liberty: Today's workday theme is "Moral Choices." Huh.
I'm tasked to try out my untested Red Hot Serum but Nina refuses, so I drink it myself.

It works as intended and I become Very Angry.
It's a good thing Nina didn't drink that serum as she's already hotheaded.

Liberty: I'm puzzled by the "Insult a tourist" task. Doesn't "tourist" refer to an alien visitor?
Oh! According to the fine print, "tourist" in this case refers to any sim outside the lab.

Outdoors, I rudely introduce myself to a sim named Brant Hecking, proceeding to insult and provoke him.
What a discomforting way to boost my job performance.

Liberty: After hours of being mean and mischievous at work, what a relief to be home!

Today's full of good news at the home front!
Darling brings home an A grade while Akira earns a promotion at work.
Four of Cirius' toddler skills are already Level 2, so he has Happy Toddler in the bag.

I'm too busy to even remember to give him a second wind.

Liberty: After repairing a toilet, I bathe and potty train each of the boys.
I don't think Mot could be any cuter!

All three of our sons are doing well.
Dud is such a delight when he's not moping around.
Seems like he's getting used to life in this household. He's much happier these days.

Tuesday

Liberty: After work, I make a quick trip to Desert Bloom Park for my fifth space mission.

Akira: We're trying to decide whether to lock Miko out of the boys' bedroom.
She's never there to do anything helpful.
And when she sits on their beds to eat or troll teh forums, she inevitably wakes one of the boys.

Liberty: I wish I had one of those baby monitors to keep an eye on her while I'm working.

Wednesday

Today's my favorite workday theme: Collection Day!
I manage to find another crystal missing from Akira's collection. Only two more to go!

Happily, I manage to earn a promotion today, too!

I'm glad to notice that Akira has gone to bed early tonight.
Truth be told, I moved his beloved coffeemaker into family inventory this morning.

All that coffee was making him sleep-deprived, adversely affecting his job performance.

After seeing to our boys' pressing needs, I buy a $1,500 retail lot in Newcrest.
Placing a $5,000 rocket ship kit there completes my "Own a rocket ship" goal.
Thanks so much for the tip, MarianT!

I immediately sell my "shop" for $5,500, suffering a net loss of $1,000 but so worth it!
Chalk up a third point for plus 1,000 satisfaction points!

I'd love to be able to build a "backyard" on this lot for the family, but we can't afford it now.

Thursday

While I try to have my tenth breakthrough before work, Akira checks on our sleeping boys.
He's feeling insecure from his Jealous trait, so I stop what I'm doing to reassure him.

I have all the time in the world for that wonderful man of mine!

At work, my co-worker Perry Engels finally consents to let me take his DNA sample.

Friday

Since nobody in the house (including myself) cooks anymore, I call an Upper Crusts gathering.
Hey, hey, this isn't how it works, folks!
You're supposed to cook food for the toddlers, not eat the toddlers' meals!
Clara, that's your third helping! Stress-eating much?

Clara: Yeah? What are you gonna do about it?
Mila: Yeah!
Liberty: Okay, okay. Take your time! *backs away slowly

Saturday

Wild little Mot Lee maxes his Imagination, advancing the household into its second Free Day with a point to spare.

Darling: Soon after, I get my "Celebrate Birthday" notice and age up all by my lonesome.

Darling: I join the Athlete career so Miko can continue staying at home.
Though I'm now family-oriented, I already have Level 8 Fitness but almost no parenting skill.

This balcony is where Liberty and I work; it's off limits to the rest of the household.
When Liberty first placed the satellite dish, I thought it was to prevent my abduction.

Instead she's using the Hivemind: Happy Town action to give the rest of us a Happy +2 boost.
It doesn't affect Liberty or the toddlers, though.

Week 3/Sunday

Liberty: During our second Free Day which ended this morning, we helped the boys raise their skills without maxing them.
After that, I continue to prepare Cirius for his future role as heir.

To my utter dismay, the boys max five toddler skills by the evening, ushering in our third Free Day eleven hours after our second one ended.

Liberty: I'm happy to say that all three boys have earned the Happy Toddler trait!
Thank you, Miko, for lighting all the birthday candles!
Cirius, make a wish then blow out your candles!

Independent Cirius is now self-assured (like Akira) and an artistic prodigy.
Clingy Dud, our second-born, is a bookworm (like me) and also an artistic prodigy.
Wild Mot loves the outdoors (like nobody I know) and is an artistic prodigy as well.

Cirius is the best-looking boy right now, but who knows what they'll look like as teens?

Author's Note

*I know, I know. I'm doing an absolutely horrid job of pacing point acquisition but we earned points too quickly due to the triplets.
*Strategically delaying my sims from earning points for the optimal timing of Free Days: this seems to be the goal yet I'm doing it so wrong.
*The household now faces 26 more sim-days until the young adult birthday of Cirius, with only two more Free Days left.
*I'm guessing that Cirius will take over as the heir while still a child (again, due to three children contributing points).
*My top priority now shall be, I believe, switching Liberty's role from Parent Extraordinaire to Money-Making Mama.

Liberty Lee's Second 10 Points
Satisfaction points (1): +1,000
Good Friends (1): Mot Lee
Promotions (3): Liberty/Sci 5, Akira/TGuru 3-4,
School Grades (1): Darling/A
Maxed (6): Cirius/Potty, Mot Lee/Imagination, Dud/Potty
Bladder Failure (-1): Miko

Liberty Lee's Third 10 Points
Maxed (10): Cirius/Comm & Imagin; Dud/Imagin; Mot/Comm & Potty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Triple Threat (12/24)
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2017, 10:57:10 AM »
I feel like you're doing splendidly!  Of course, I don't really understand the strategy.  Isn't getting points quickly a good thing?
The boys are adorable!  I loved that ornery smirk on Mot's face in the age-up picture!
Your portrayal of the Upper Crusts was hilarious!!
Thanks to Liberty for not giving the angry elixir to dear Nina as it may have killed my favorite hot head!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2017, 11:51:48 AM »
I feel like you're doing splendidly!  Of course, I don't really understand the strategy.  Isn't getting points quickly a good thing?

It was a good thing the first week so I could create a stay-at-home sim and get sims caught up on pertinent skilling and homework.
After that, I'm thinking point grubbing should be spread out.
Like, I should have gone ahead and maxed possible toddler skills during the 2nd free day (while they wouldn't count), instead of leaving them at 95% like I did.
With only 2 more Free Days left, Cirius will become the heir as a child who can't cook or repair though, as MarianT has pointed out, he could hire NPCs to help him.
In an ideal world, he would become the heir during his last 10 days of teendom. :D
I'm hoping that MarianT and reggikko will set me straight if I'm wrong, but I have the feeling that one Free Day per week is the best pacing.
And this experience won't help my pacing after Cirius moves out, either, unless I'm unlucky enough to have triplets again, lol. 
Still, I'm enjoying this challenge immensely.

Liberty seems to have caught the Upper Crusts at a bad time. They were all in very bad moods, especially Clara, for some reason.
As for hotheaded Nina, I vaguely recall Nina dying in one of sdhoey's stories after getting into a fight. No need to tempt fate!

Thanks for reading and commenting, Pippin!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2017, 12:14:40 PM »
Oh wow!  A new story just in time for the holiday!  I love the make-over that you gave Liberty, and I'm looking forward to even more great puns on her last name.  I had more to comment on, but I've forgotten already.  The triplets are adorable.
@BallerinaHippo
Thank you for dropping by! Every time I see your name, I wonder if it's inspired by the pirouetting hippos in Disney's Fantasia film. Is it?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
Oh, the triplets are so cute!  I know Cirius is our heir, but that expression on Mot's face is too cute! I'm running into an opposite problem from you, oshizu XD at this rate, I've only had two free days.  I don't think I've quite figured out how to get things paced right.  I either get points super quick or it takes forever.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2017, 01:19:19 PM »
@Shewolf13

I'm with you about Mot! After Cirius moves out, he'll definitely be asking Mot to move in, too!
Haha, my third Free Day was a complete mistake. I thought I was being clever by leaving a bunch of toddler skills at 95% completion at the end of the 2nd Free Day.
You can see how that turned around and bit me in the posterior, lol. For me, this would be the perfect pacing:
1st Free Day: soon, to set up the new household
2nd Free Day: once during the 7-day toddler stage
3rd Free Day: in the middle of the 13-day child stage
4th Free Day: end of the child stage
5th Free Day: early in the 13-day teen stage

Well, I don't really know, but this is what I imagine would be helpful for keeping the household on track.
Honestly, I'm afraid to earn too many not-counted points during a Free Day because I have no idea how hard they'll be to earn later on...
I guess if I'm earning points too quickly, I should start hiring a maid, a nanny, and a vegetarian caterer.

I'm glad we can share tips! I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed but enjoying the process. :D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2017, 03:31:17 PM »
@oshizu

Yeah, I think, ideally, that would be an excellent pace, but for some reason, I'm running into a bit of issue with not getting them fast enough, at least it's how it seems to me.  Jewel just aged up to teen in game and, they haven't earned a third free day.  So I'm very concerned.  I may have to complete the painter aspiration.  I think that's what's killing me.  I wanted to keep it for others, but... don't think that's gonna happen because I need the points.  The days are just getting away from me.  In some ways, having a few kids might be a good idea... but not sure if I can do the chaos again at this stage XD

Oh yes, talking about tips is wonderful XD

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2017, 03:45:06 PM »
@Shewolf13

I'm sending you a PM about earning more points. :D

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2017, 06:00:20 PM »
As always, you're doing amazingly well on a dynasty run. Super impressed.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2017, 09:43:03 PM »

@BallerinaHippo
Thank you for dropping by! Every time I see your name, I wonder if it's inspired by the pirouetting hippos in Disney's Fantasia film. Is it?

I can see why you would think that, and I certainly don't mind the Fantasia association.  :)  But the truth is, when I was trying to download TS4 from Origin, I was having a very, very hard time coming up with a username that had not already been taken.  I'm pretty sure I tried about 20+ different things before BallerinaHippo actually worked.  I like to keep things simple for myself, so when I signed up for an account here, I used the same name as the Origin one.  As for why the combination of Hippo with Ballerina, hippos are my favorite animal.  And my husband and I used to draw each other these silly little cartoons when we were dating that often involved hippos doing incongruous things like flying, dancing, tightrope walking, ice-skating, etc.  (I hope that explanation wasn't too long-winded).

Anyway, I think you and Liberty Lee are doing great with this challenge.  I'll have to go read up on the rules because right now I really don't understand how points are earned or what the founder's requirements are, I've just been enjoying the story.  Every time I read about a new challenge, though, it makes me want to try it myself and I already have a long list. ;)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2017, 08:50:00 AM »
Just wanted to leave a quick note to tell you that I have been reading.  You are tackling this challenge head on!  Oh, and Mot is by far my favorite!

anything