Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 10.70: Faina Lee, Finished! (Completed 19/06/2018)  (Read 142117 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Triple Threat (12/24)
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2017, 10:44:29 PM »
@BallerinaHippo
Wow, that's a lot of attempts for a unique Origin username. That is such a cute explanation of how you ended up with that name.
I still believe the dancing hippos in Disney's Fantasia film fit well with the theme of your hippo cartoons. :D
So, what's this long list of challenges you want to play? This one's a little crazy at first but super fun!

@simfulicious
Thanks so much for stopping by! I agree that Mot is just delightful! I also wish he could become the heir, but taking him along when the heir moves out is the next best thing, I guess. :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Timing is Everything (12/25 new)
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2017, 11:06:27 PM »
1.5: Timing Is Everything

Week 3/Sunday

Liberty: Another Free Day already! *sighs heavily
Cirius and Mot, since you're awake, drink these moodlet solvers and start drawing!

Akira: Second-born Dud catches up on his sleep since only two adults can mentor now.
Liberty: And after the new beds, skill objects, and more remodeling, we feel too poor to buy a third activity table.

Akira: On the balcony, I'm programming and gaming to prepare for my Tech Guru promotions.
Meanwhile, all seven of us are breeding frogs whenever possible.
I'm only missing one crystal in my collection but frog breeding is a tad more predictable.

We're down to two frogs, one frog, then BAM! I breed the missing Eggplant frog.
I complete The Curator and choose, what else, Computer Whiz as my new aspiration.

I have quite a few satisfaction points now and almost buy Carefree to help with my jealousy.
But since Liberty's always nearby to reassure me when I'm tense, I buy Never Weary instead.

Monday

Liberty: It's an odd switch to be trying to avoid earning points rather than earning them as fast as possible.
While Miko and Darling encourage the boys to draw, I knock off a few unacknowledged feats:
Level 7 Logic and +1000 satisfaction points.

Akira: We also earn no points for my completing The Curator but I did buy myself a reward trait!

Liberty: Since I've taken today off, let's spend the rest of our Free Day at Granite Falls!
Cirius and Mot can finish playing violins for Artistic Prodigy there.

Dud: Why am I playing the violin already? I've only just started Artistic Prodigy!
Miko: You can build Creativity, dear! I'm off to prepare us something to eat for later.

Akira: I've been on the computer for hours, so it feels great to rest my eyes and mind like this!
I could really get into fishing. For one thing, it gets me out of that cramped apartment!

Darling: I'm off for a jog, folks. I really want to get promoted out of that llamacorn outfit!

Liberty: We're not only here for some fresh air and open spaces, of course!
After learning the woodworking schematic for camping mascots, I gather herbs.

Magnolia Blossom Park has a few garden planters, I hear.
Gardening would be fine hobby for Mot someday, since he loves the outdoors.

Cirius: Grrrr, someone make that bear go away! It's making me tense!
Mot: Hang on, Cirius! We're so close to maxing Creativity now!

Dud: Haha, I only have Creativity 5 but the bear throws a tip to me!
Bear (internally): I so love winding up the tourists! *giggles

Liberty: Congrats, you two, on finishing Artistic Prodigy during our Free Day!
Mot: Feels weird to rush to earn points, just so they won't count. But now we're Whiz Kids!

Akira: Why so serious, Cirius?
Cirius: Eh, I'm still feeling tense from that bear!
Liberty: By the way, buy the Night Owl reward right now before you two forget. I need to find four more herbs before we leave.

Tuesday

Liberty: This Slimify potion is already tested, but would you mind drinking it for me, Nina?
Nina: Why me? Are you suggesting that I need to lose some weight? *glances suspiciously

Liberty: Psh, of course not, girl. Everyone knows you have the perfect body!
It's just that you're my fave co-worker and I trust you the most.
Nina: Well, since you put it that way…

Akira: Sweetheart, I realize Cirius and Mot need to play 3 games of chess but I'm feeling ignored. *shares his insecurities
Liberty: Doll, if you would play chess with the boys, I'd have the free time to shower you with affection and a little more.

Darling: You must be the new nanny! Welcome to our home, even though it's already 10 pm.
Nanny: Why did I get hired so late? Shouldn't the children be in bed already?

Darling: Liberty and I both got promoted today, so you were probably hired for the point deduction.
Liberty (from upstairs): Darlene, please ask the nanny to cook a meal then you can dismiss her.

Darlene: You heard the boss. By the way, how do you like my outfit?
Nanny: I was just going to say that you look very nice! (I don't get paid enough...)
Darlene: Right? I've never worn a skirt before, but this is so much better than the llamacorn suit!

Wednesday

Liberty: I'm so disappointed in you, Mot!
Mot: I just got bored and didn't have anything better to do.

Liberty: You know I need to play chess with Cirius. It'll be your turn next, son.
Or would you rather stay here with Dud and your parents after Cirius moves out?
Mot: Nooooooooo!

Liberty: Then you better behave, young man! Also, the puppy-dog eyes don't work on me, Mot.
Mot (internally): Busted…

Dud: Thank you for helping me with my homework, Auntie Miko. You're the only one who notices me.
Miko: That's not true, Dud Lee.

Dud: Yes, it is! Mama spends all her time with Cirius cuz he's the heir.
Our watcher's always going on about how adorbz Mot is. It's like I'm not even here!
Miko: Welcome to my life, Dud. Don't forget that Darling and I are here for you, too.

Liberty: Phew! Now that everyone's gone to bed, I have a little time for myself.
Perhaps it's a good thing that the household can all slow down and relax a bit.

I, on the other hand, still need to hustle and churn out the you-know-whats!

Besides a trust fund for Cirius, we need to upgrade our furnishings, especially the cheap beds.
We may live in a small apartment, but we still deserve nice stuff!

Thursday

Cirius: Oh puhleeze, Mot. Would you can the drama? We're brothers!
Mot: I'm not sure why I'm reacting like this myself, honestly.

Cirius: Well, now you've invaded my privacy and embarrassed me!
Mot: Sorry about that! But hey, we earned B's at school yesterday? Why didn't Dud?
Cirius:  Dud's fine--he's just moving slower than us. It's probably a points thing.

I've since added a wall between the shower and toilet with separate doors. *sighs

Liberty: Who me? Of course, I'm NOT the jealous type!
I'm just trying to get Miko to stop slacking and start cleaning. *zaps Mind Control: Clean

Miko: Hehe, not jealous my plumbob!

Liberty: A rare shot of the household sitting down for a meal!
Cirius: Well, we only became children on Sunday so it hasn't been that long yet!
Akira: Thanks to Darling sleeping in, there's a seat for everyone!

Mot (internally): Poor Auntie Miko, living here after Papa rejected her. Maybe I'll have to marry her!

Cirius: Mama, did you cook this? It's yummy!
Dud: Kiss up!
Cirius: Am not!

Friday

Liberty: I've had the most horrendous time since coming home from work last night!
The other adults kept distracting the boys while I tried to get them to do homework, shower, then sleep.

Poor Dud ended up sleeping on the couch in the foyer outside our apartment.
When Akira sat on Dud's bed in the middle of the night to eat something, he woke Dud up.
Why won't everybody just eat in the kitchen?

Sorry, Akira, but I'm locking you out of Dud and Mot's bedroom. It's your own fault!

All three boys got very little sleep last night. Lucky for everybody, today's Friday!

Everybody's skipping breakfast this morning, it seems, so I pack all my boys a sack lunch.

Liberty: I'm determined to defer our fourth Free Day until tomorrow!
Before work, I order a pizza so our Free Day won't start while I'm at work.

Today is Alien Day at The Lab, and I'm required to abuse alien tourists visiting The Lab.
When tasked to give a tourist a serum, I give this fellow a Rose Serum.

A Rose Serum is only supposed to make you flirty, but he spontaneously burst into flames. He's just that hawt!
Naturally, I immediately move in to dampen his ardor.

You could have blown me over with a feather when Brycen Spear showed up at The Lab!
Did I ever tell you that this alien is my secret first crush?

I was all ready to throw in my lot with this gorgeous man but, alas, he's a not-in-the-world alien.
And that's when I turned my sights on Akira Kibo, a decision I don't regret in the least.
Erm, well, maybe just a wee tiny bit…

Why's he wearing his swim trunks, you wanna know?
Duh, I had to use "Mind Control: Change Outfits" on three sims at The Lab. It's my job!
(And don't you dare blab to Akira--he would skin me alive!)

Liberty: Congrats on being the first of the boys to bring home an A, Mot!
Mot: Thanks, Mama! I honestly thought Cirius would be first.
Liberty: I'm not sure why, but you already have Mental 6, while Cirius only has Mental 3.

Mot: Hey, is that a new uniform?
Liberty: You noticed! Yes, dear. Mama got promoted to Laboratory Leader today!

Saturday

Liberty: Well, I've been able to schedule our Free Day better this time.
I wait until morning to finish this math diagram and reach Logic 9. Booyah!

And our fourth Free Day begins around noon, with 8 more days until the boys become teenagers.
Now, if we can just delay our fifth Free Day so that Cirius takes over as a teen.

Fourth Free Day (9 points + 1 carried over)
Skills (2): Liberty/Logic 8-9
Good Friends (3): Cirius Lee, Mot Lee, Dud Lee
Promotions (4): Liberty/Scientist 6-7, Akira/TechGuru 5, Darling/Athlete 4
School Grades (4): Cirius/B, Dud/B, Mot/B & A
NPC hires (-2): Nanny x1, Pizza delivery x1
Fire (-2): at the lab

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Timing Is Everything (12/25 new)
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2017, 02:14:24 AM »
Ooo, excellent progress!  Lol, I laughed a bit too hard when Liberty was disciplining Mot, especially the puppy dog eyes bit XD  You're doing so well!  I can't wait to see the boys as teens!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »
So, Liberty doesn't pay enough attention to housemate to get their names right?  Poor Darlene Darling!  Incidentally, Darling did look lovely as a cheerleader.
The banter between Nina and Liberty was excellent! 
Mot pitying poor Miko and wanting to marry her was adorable.  Motko?  Is that shipping I hear?
Another lovely update  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
@Shewolf13
It's almost as if Mot knows that he can get away with stuff because he's so cute. Dem droopy eyes! Teens coming right up!

@PeregrineTook
You don't know how many times I've had to go back and switch Darlene to Darling. Now that I've seen Darlene without her caps and baggy clothes, I think she might be fun to play as a principal character someday.
Probably no Motko shipping, lol. By the time, Mot's a YA, he will have set his sights elsewhere, I'm sure. :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Liberty's Liberation
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
1.6: Liberty's Liberation

Week 4/Sunday

Cirius: We're all at Desert Bloom Park when our fourth Free Day ends.
Now that I'm more or less done with power-skilling, I look around to check out the girls.

What? I'll be a teenager in another week, so it's a healthy interest, right?
Still three more weeks before my young adult birthday, but maybe I'll luck into a high school sweetheart!

Earlier, I met Billy Jang and Krishna Bheeda. They're both nice enough, but...
NO WAY I'm living in another small apartment in San Myshuno.

I quite fancy the pale Mizuki Hayashi. She's a dog lover, she says, and lives with her father.
But when I ask where, she replies she's a not-in-the-world sim. How very unfortunate!

Liberty: To reward everyone for their hard work this past week, we go to La Bovine in Willow Creek for dinner.
I don't want our party to get seated separately, so I click "Request Table" on that table for eight.
It took me long enough to figure that out!

Mila Munch is also an invited guest.
She and I both belong to the Good Timers and Upper Crusts Clubs.
I spend more time with the Good Timers, but still want to thank her as club rep for the support.

By the way, doesn't Akira look dashing tonight?
Seeing him in that tux brings back fond memories of our first date at Shimuzu.

Monday

Liberty: I spend a few free hours before work writing my first children's book.
No big plans for achieving literary greatness or anything like that.

I'd just like to be able to write excuse notes for the family, especially for Akira and Cirius.
Perhaps Akira and I can go out on one more brunch date at Shimuzu before Cirius takes over.

While rereading the rules for this challenge, I note that vacation days and excuse notes are only permitted for use on Free Days.
Liberty: Thanks for making me write two novels for nothing, Watchette! This next book's for you!

Wednesday

Liberty: Akira and Miko have their birthdays today. They're aging up to adults.
After work, I plan to throw them a birthday party at the Shrieking Llama Bar.

Oh, and Nanny Ellen, you are dismissed.
We really just need you to show your face here for a few minutes for the minus point.

Today at The Lab, I invent my first Wormhole Generator.
Unfortunately, I'll never be able to upgrade it for group travel to Sixam.

Akira: Wow, you really cooked up a storm after work for my birthday, sweetheart!
Liberty: I only wish I could do more for you, my love. And congrats on your promotion today!

Cirius: Hey, you only invited a bunch of old people, Mama!

Liberty: Hosting a party with uncontrolled sims is much harder than I thought.
Maybe Akira and I can go out for a date instead!

Besides the party guests, the bar attracts a random assortment of visitors.
For some reason, our nanny shows up in her nanny uniform but I can't dismiss her.

Liberty: The party ends while I'm still trying to complete a party goal. Ugh, that was sheer torture!
Oh well, a silver medal is better than nothing, I guess.

Thursday

Cirius: Isn't your adult birthday tomorrow, Mama?
Liberty: Yes, it is, Cirius. And the three of you celebrate your birthday late Saturday night!
Do you feel ready to become a teenager?

Cirius: I'm excited about becoming the controlled sim, Mama, and I have an idea for my brothers!
Liberty: What's that?
Cirius: Well, I can't influence them like you do, but we can go to the park and do homework together!

Friday

Liberty: For my birthday, I invite Akira out on a dinner date to Shimuzu, our fave restaurant.
As luck would have it, we can't reserve the table we had on our first date.

And that Don Lothario keeps chatting with Akira when I'm trying to enjoy our last romantic evening together!
Just stop it, Don! Sheesh!

Liberty: Akira, I could not love you any more than I already do!
Thank you for being such a wonderful husband, caring father, and the bestest of best friends!

Akira: I should be the one thanking you, Liberty! (Is "bestest" even a word?)
You've believed in me, despite my jealousy and my serial romantic roommate!
And we've been so blessed, darling, with our triplets!

Liberty: I can only hope that Cirius takes after you, you devilishly handsome man!

Back home, I quickly and quietly age up to an adult.
Well, not quite quietly, since Miko's in the living room singing country music!
Arrggh, country music!

Saturday

Liberty: Miko, it's morning! How can you still be singing country music?
Miko: *shrugs
Darling: *keeps dancing

Akira: I know one thing I'd like for us to do, Lib, before Cirius assumes the helm.
Liberty: Awww, Akira! This is why I'll always love you!

Liberty: Back home, I invite over Mizuki Hayashi, a teen who lives in Oasis Springs.
The Good Timers are ageing, and Mizuki appeared while I was looking for a younger member for the club.
Her make-up's a little excessive, but she's neat, a dog-lover, and very pretty!

Akira: How're you doing today, Mot?
Mot: Okay, I guess. Just waiting for our birthday tonight, you know.

Akira: I know you think you've got it made because the readers think you're cute.
But Watchette has decided to wait until later then choose between you and Dud to move out with Cirius.

Mot: That can't be true, Papa! When did that happen?
Akira: When Dud came in range to earn the Responsible trait while you were busy making messes.

Cirius (internally): Mizuki's so cute that I'm too nervous to concentrate on playing!
How will I ever impress her if I keep losing?

Akira (whispers): I wonder how much older she is than our son…
Liberty (whispers): I'm thinking about a week. She was a child when I first met her at Desert Bloom Park.

Mizuki (internally): Is this some kind of matchmaking thing with little Junior here?
His father is totally a looker, though, so I might consider if there's a family resemblance.

Akira: Dud drives Mizuki away with his atrocious karaoke, so Cirius works on his school project.

Liberty: Soon, Cirius becomes our second son within range to earn the Responsible trait.
I can influence Cirius to work on a project but, sadly, I can't influence his father to assist him.

Mot: Hmmmph, everyone's conspiring against me cuz I'm so adorable!
You want responsible, huh? Huh?! I can do responsible!

Eh, you know what people say: Haters gonna hate, potaters gonna potate…

Week 5/Sunday

Liberty: It's after midnight when the boys finally receive their birthday notices!
I rush down to place their cakes and light their candles, then wake them out of their sleep.

Here are portraits of the whole family so you can see who our sons resemble.
Honestly, I've been hoping and praying for three mini-Akiras, but it was not to be.

Akira: Dud and Mot look like identical twins, but Cirius--even with my lips--doesn't really resemble me.
Liberty: I'm sad that they all look so much like me when Akira is so handsome!
Still, our sons are a good-looking bunch and smart to boot!

Mot, that little rascal, still oozes charm and makes the best faces!

We're at 9 points now and my Logic is at 9.90. Maxing Logic will also complete Nerd Brain for me.

So now I'm going to take a short nap, after which I'll finish this math diagram.
That will kick off our fifth and final Free Day. Can you believe how quickly time's passed?

I've tried to do everything possible to ensure Cirius's success as the heir.
Hopefully, I haven't forgotten anything important. Just a sec, Akira, I'll be right there!

Fifth Free Day (12 points)

Skills (1): Liberty/Logic 10
Household Funds (2): +$30,000
Promotions (2): Akira/TechG 6, Liberty/Sci 8
School Grades (2): Cirius/A, Dud/A
Maxed (6): Cirius/Whiz Kid, Liberty/Logic & Nerd Brain
Gold-Medal Events (1): Date x1
NPC hires (-2): Nanny x2

Liberty Lee's Total Points

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping track of points and unable to get my individual free day points to add up correctly.
The figures below more or less reflect how Liberty earned her 52 points.

Designated Skill (6): Liberty/Logic
Satisfaction Points (2): +2,000
Promotions & Grades (20): Liberty (7), Akira (5), Darling (1)
Good Friends (4): Darling Walsh, Cirius Lee, Dud Lee, Mot Lee
Maxed Skills/Aspirations (22)
Household Funds (2): +$30,000
Gold Medal Events (1): Date x1
Wishing Well (1): Wish for promotion x1
Bladder Failure (-1): Miko
NPC Hires (-4): Nanny x3, Pizza x1
Fire (-2): x2

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Liberty's Liberation (12/27 new)
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2017, 09:40:32 PM »
Oh wow!  Congrats!  congrats on passing control onto Cirius ^^ Way to go Liberty and oshizu!  The boys are very handsome.  Mizuki is gorgeous!  I giggled during them playing the video game hehehe

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2017, 09:47:54 PM »
Thanks! Technically, I still need to play through the last free day, but Liberty's role as the sole active sim is over.
When I first saw Mizuki as a teen, I worried that she might have become a vampire due to her hairstyle. But she's not.

I was sorely tempted to take her into the closet to see what she looked like under all that make-up, but managed to resist, lol.
She's at the top of the spousal prospects list!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2017, 10:01:13 PM »
Oh my goodness!!  Mizuki is radiant!  If any competition appears, I'll still be Team Mizuki.  Of course, Mizuki was hoping for an Akira clone just like the Watcher  ;=)  Actaully, it's possible Don Lothario wanted an Akira clone too given how much he wanted Akira's attention at the restaurant.
You are really kicking this challenge in the teeth!  Good work!  I love how you slip in the little nuggets of wisdom you pick up like how Cirius can take advantage of being the controlled Sim to get his brothers to actually do their homework.  Good stuff!!
Thanks for another great update!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2017, 10:28:52 PM »
@PeregrineTook

Yeah, it seems like everyone wants a piece of Akira, haha. But Akira would turn his head whenever Don Lothario addressed him which, of course, would ruin my romantic-date screenshots.

You'll laugh at what happened while I was worrying about how Cirius would handle his heir duties. When I realized he could take his brothers to the park where everyone could work on homework as a group, I thought, "Darn why didn't I think of that sooner?" (because groups aren't important in an RDC).
I immediately hauled everyone to the park, only to remember that "Do homework together" can only be initiated by a school-aged sim, not by Liberty. Doh.
Really, though, that Parenting skill is powerful stuff!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2017, 10:59:40 PM »
Congrats to Liberty for completing her requirements, congrats to Akira for not being a pain in the butt like certain other spouses, and congrats to Cirius for taking over. I wish the boy luck! Here's hoping Mizuki's receptive to his charms.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Seriously Tedious Teendom
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2017, 10:30:53 PM »
@dontmindme
Haha, I'm not sure if Akira is just awesome or if I didn't bother checking him very often because I couldn't control him anyway. He did help out a lot with autonomous parenting, though.
Cirius thanks you for the moral support!

2.7: Seriously Tedious Teendom

Week 5/Sunday

Liberty: My last Free Day begins just before 7 am and will end Monday morning, exactly as I'd hoped!
This time tomorrow, the boys can down a moodlet solver or Need Fixer then head for their first day of high school.

Liberty: I know I've complained now and then about Miko over the past weeks.
Frankly, I've been a bit jealous of all her free time and the friendship between Akira and her.

She's never ever complained about having to stay at home, though, and our sons adore her.
This morning, she's on a cooking marathon to help Cirius during his first days as heir.

Miko's been a tremendous help and the reason I've been able to keep working.

Cirius: We're just staying home long enough for me to learn how to paint portraits.
You already know that I'm self-assured like Papa, and now I'm also a perfectionist.

You'd think, since I'm the heir, that I'd get to paint on the balcony like that lucky Ojo Zest!
But no, my parents turned the balcony into their Focused Space long ago.
It's where Papa works with his computer and Mama does woodworking and gardens.

I don't really mind. I'm not planning to stay home in this apartment all the time like Mama did.

Cirius: Besides being a bookworm, Dud is also outgoing. Seems like a conflict of interests, doesn't it?
He also aspires to become a Friend of the World, but seems to have poor taste in acquaintances.

Cirius: The outdoor-loving Mot is now a geek, and he's not faring much better than Dud.
He introduces himself politely to the prettiest girl he sees, but she lies about her career.

Akira: I'm glad to see he's gotten serious about his character values.
Cirius: Thanks for motivating him, Papa. I need a sidekick who'll support, not distract, me.

Cirius: The first place we go is a photography studio where I take a few shots of my parents together.
I've decided to start a new tradition for the Lee Dynasty.
Besides individual portraits, each heir will include a photo of their parents together in their museum space.
Such photos won't be added to the value of the portraits or museum collection, but they offer loads of sentimental value.

This isn't the photograph I've chosen for the museum, but it's still a great shot of the 'rents.

Cirius: At Magnolia Blossom Park, the household takes turn posing for their portraits.
Don't you think our middle brother, Dud Lee, looks the most like Mama?

As much as I'd like to ask both brothers to live with me, I've decided against it.
My future wife would be spending most of her time with my brothers while I handle dynasty duties.

I know Mama gets sad when Papa hangs out with Auntie Miko while Mama looks after all of us.

Cirius: Hey, remember me, Mizuki? The little guy you mercilessly slaughtered playing Party Frenzy?
Mizuki: Oh, you had a birthday! (He's kinda cute now but doesn't have his father's sizzle…)

Mizuki: *suddenly becomes very angry
Cirius: *gets confused and pulls out his slablet

Mizuki: You invite me all the way out here to watch you play video games?
Cirius: Not at all! I've only been a teen since this morning, remember?
I was googling to learn why you got mad so suddenly. Mood swing? *calms her down

Cirius: Once Mizuki's feeling better, we all head to Desert Bloom Park.
We're friends but I have high hopes she'll be my girlfriend before long.

Meanwhile, Mama (who maxed Handiness this morning) attacks the boarded-up cave entrance.

Monday

Mizuki: Why yes, Cirius! I'd love to be your girlfriend! *squees
Cirius: Watchette, would you mind looking after the rest of the household tonight?
True to my name, I take my duties as the heir very seriously.

Cirius: Very seriously, indeed!
Who knows when Mizuki will age up to a young adult, right?

Tuesday

After school, Cirius invites Mizuki and his friend Masaya over to the house.
Masaya is a childish geek who works as a short-order cook.

Masaya: Dude, your girlfriend just aged up to a young adult! Whatchu gonna do now?
Cirius: Well, Mizuki is still my best friend, girlfriend, and soulmate, but my birthday isn't for 11 days.
Masaya: Dang, 11 more days? Good luck with that!
Cirius: At least, her third trait is Outgoing. I can live with a neat, outgoing dog-lover!

Wednesday

Cirius: This is my third day as the new heir, but I'm still living at home. *sighs
I'm trying to speed ahead to my young adult birthday, I really am.
Then, something important happens that I need to share.

Like, when I get home from school today, Mizuki phones to invite me over.
Her house is incredibly spacious!

Saturday

Cirius: I finished everyone's portraits earlier this week.
And today my collection of paintings is done, too. What do you think?

Cirius: Do you remember I took photos of my 'rents at the photography studio in Newcrest?
This one occupies pride of place at the very center of my wall. They sure look happy together!

Cirius: The Museum's third floor is reserved for portraits of the founder and heirs.
The Gen10 Lee heir will place their museum collection here as well.

Did you notice? I made a copy of Mama's portrait to hang with my other portraits on the first floor.
Papa's portrait didn't look right without Mama's portrait nearby.
Akira: Thanks, son!

Cirius: Besides my household, I've also invited Mizuki along to the Museum.
Before I propose, I want her to fully understand what it means that I'm a dynasty heir.

But my birthday isn't until next Saturday, so we still have to wait another week.
Lucky for me, Mizuki's been amazing and phones me each and every day.

Week 6/Sunday

Cirius: Today's our last trip as a household to the Flea Market.
Mizuki and Masaya meet up with us, too.

By the way, asking my group to "shoot around together" only results in chaos!

Cirius: Um, I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be kissing me like this since I'm still a teen.
Not that I mind, of course. Please be my guest and smooch away!

Just to be clear, I'm not using a mod that permits romance between a teen and a young adult.
Apparently, Mizuki's feelings toward our heir overwhelm the game's normal mechanics.

Tuesday

Cirius: Remember my other dog-loving friend from grade school, also named Mizuki Hayashi?
She invites me out to a café in Windenberg and I naively accept.

Oddly, she gained the Neat trait on her teen birthday, also just like my Mizuki.
Is the game playing tricks on me?
The major difference, though, is that this teen Mizuki remains a not-in-the-world sim.
#NoRegrets

Thursday

Cirius: It's past midnight when my brothers and I head out to Windenberg with the two Mizuki's.
Mot: So the younger Mizuki's with me?
Cirius: Where's Dud?
Mot: In the closet, crying to himself. He really is a Dud! *shrugs

Cirius: We're all in dire need of some fun, so we enjoy the dancing, DJ'ing, and socializing.
I spy Cirius autonomously kissing his Mizuki here, but I miss the chance to document it! And I can't direct Cirius to kiss her, either.

Friday

Cirius: With only a day left to go, I'm trying to remember all I need to do before moving out.
I ask Mama to mentor me in Handiness for a while, because she can.

Liberty: Before transferring control to Cirius, I'd set up a mini-lab at the Future Past Museum.
For one thing, our apartment is just too small for a home science laboratory.
But, also, my descendants will have access to my inventions this way.

Cirius: We add Mama's second cloning machine and satellite dish to her mini-lab, since I can't take them with me.
Liberty: If only I could have fully upgraded that wormhole generator!

Cirius: Let's go home, Mama. I'm still not done remodeling the apartment for a 5-sim household.

Saturday

Cirius: I've been waiting for hours, ready to leap out of the house as soon as our birthday notices arrive.
When they do, I grab the cakes and take everyone--including my Mizuki--to Myshuno Meadows.
Now, I'm a self-assured perfectionist who's a snob. Sounds like an Art Critic, yeah?

Cirius: My lovely Mizuki, thank you for waiting for me! And now, I can finally ask you…Will you be mine?
Mizuki: I was expecting a more passionately romantic proposal since I've been on ice for the past two weeks.
But….yes, of course!  Why else would I phone a high school student every evening if not for love?

Cirius and Mizuki get married right afterwards, with only the moon and stars as their witnesses.

Cirius: Oh, my beloved Mizuki! You are perfect just the way you are! (Well, except for those skimpy shorts. They must go!)
Mizuki: I feel exactly the same way about you, darling Cirius! I wouldn't change a hair on your head.
(That hat, however, is a buzzkill…)

Cirius: After eloping, I move into Mizuki's home at Yuma Heights.
At last, I can turn the first page of a new chapter as the second-generation Lee heir.
And so my new life with Mizuki commences at last!

Mizuki dearest, I hope you like strawberries!
Oh darn! We need a free day and fast!

Cirius Lee's Starting Stats

Satisfaction: 1,760 points
New Lot: Yuma Heights (Acquisition Butte, Oasis Springs)
Household funds:  $19,959
Designated Skill: Writing (currently Level 1)
Secondary Skills: Painting 10, Handiness 7, Logic 5, Cooking 4, Gardening 3
Aspiration:  Painter Extraordinaire (Tier III)
Job: Critic/Art Critic (Level 3)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Seriously Tedious Teendom (12/29 new)
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2017, 10:45:10 PM »
Wooo! Go Cirius!  Wow, his teenhood must have been rough.  I love that their love surpassed even the game's mechanics lol  That's one of those awesome glitches that just is perfect for story telling.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2017, 12:09:37 AM »
Oh goodness!  Mizuki and Cirius smooching even when they shouldn't be able to.  Ah, the powers of Sim-love!
So, is Mot going to move in and then have younger Mizuki be his sweetheart/girlfriend/wife/babymama?  Kind of shipping Motzuki!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2017, 12:28:14 AM »
@Shewolf13
Haha, you're right! I don't mind this type of glitching at all, though the PTA might object to Mizuki kissing a high-school student. But, but, but...he kissed her back!
I'm glad the two of them found a way to survive those 13 days of teenhood!

@PeregrineTook
Those two totally took me by surprise! Yep, those two cook up some powerful love mojo!
As for Mot, I'll be introducing everyone in the household in the next update. I need to check everyone's relationship panels before deciding how I want to proceed.
Actually, my first priority would be a free day so I can get everyone set up...
If only I could change her name in the closet so she wouldn't share the name of the Cirius's wife...