Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 10.70: Faina Lee, Finished! (Completed 19/06/2018)  (Read 142053 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Merri's Muchachos (01/14)
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2018, 02:07:15 AM »
Sadly, no, sending the baby back to the Homeworld isn't an option. Any alien baby must be kept and cannot be moved out.

Well, sadly, because I'd wanted this household to have a dog plus Merri & Garrison already have the twins.
*sighs

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2018, 07:47:05 AM »
I saw all your postings in the challenge tread for the ten gen dynasty so i had to go and read your attempt.
And i must say i am not disappointed at all.
What a wonderfull family you have hear. Cant wait to read more

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2018, 08:29:32 AM »
@Shewolf13

You are such a kind, compassionate person! I'm so happy to hear that you feel for Nimb!
*packs up Nimb's belongings and mails them to Gracie Mansion, then pays for Nimb's transportation to southern Newcrest
 ;D

Haha, joking, of course. (My game hates me!)

Lol! See, as a reader, I can feel bad hehe but I know how annoying it is when the game throws a curve ball like that. If it was legal, I'd love to take Nimb!

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2018, 10:23:06 AM »
Psst: at the beginning of your post, you have Liberty when you mean Merri a few times. Anywho, poo, no puppy! That's sad. But twin boys are good and aliens could be fun pollinators later! Jet has such lovely big eyes, here's hoping he keeps that adorable look all through his life.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2018, 12:24:18 PM »
@LenaLJ
Thank you for your compliment. When  woke up this morning, I wondered if this townie challenge might be too much for me, but your comment makes me want to continue.
And I thought last night that if I were doing the Life States Dynasty, I would be thrilled about the abduction. (but I'm not, lol)

@Shewolf13
Just when I thought Merri's household would be smooth sailing, I have a third child who will miss free days just like Nimb did.
A challenge that would allow us to exchange a character or two would actually be pretty fun!

@dontmindme
I proofread my updates a lot and I never even noticed I'd written "Liberty" for the first screenshot, haha. She looks so much like Liberty in those pigtails that I confused myself.
Thank you for catching that!
Oh well, maybe if I survive this generation, the game will eventually reward me with another dog-lover spouse prospect, but who lives in Brindleton Bay. *sighs

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Merri Mucks Along
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2018, 01:26:56 AM »
3.18: Merri Mucks Along

Week 14/Thursday

Merri: I'm surprised I've never noticed those gravestones at the corner of our lot before.
They belong to Morgan's parents Moira and Dominic and her sister Siobhan.

I'd like to have Morgan's gravestone to place alongside the gravestone of Garrison's father, Masaya.
But where could her gravestone have gone?

Merri: Before phoning the ASPCA last night, I'd gone ahead and bought everything a puppy could need.
I feel sad whenever I notice the dog bed but don't have the heart to throw it out yet.

Merri: Look how attentively our angelic heir, Jet, listens while I read the boys a story.

Merri: The bearded sim is my new clubmate, Daichi Tanaka.
He's a bonafide Restaurant Critic which is why, I guess, we're not described as co-workers.
A Snob, Foodie, and Dance Machine, Daichi gets along well with both Garrison and me.

Garrison: *makes funny faces at Lone
Daichi: Really? You gained a level in parenting like that?

Merri: As a silly toddler, Lone obviously delights in his father's antics.
We look forward to watching our sons grow.

Merri: Naturally, Jet receives 100% of my time and attention whenever he's awake.
Besides cooking and housecleaning, all I can do for Garrison is pre-work massages and the occasional parenting tip.

Merri: Lone is left to shift entirely for himself. He's at the mercy of the other adults.
At the moment, he's crying after having destroyed the dollhouse because he's exhausted.

I feel bad about neglecting Lone, but Jet's the next heir and there's only one of me.
How did Grandma Liberty ever manage to raise triplets?

Merri: I earn a promotion to Level 7 Food Critic, surprisingly (18 points).
Then to prepare for a busy day, I hire a nanny (17 points).

We've all missed being able to hire a vegetarian caterer!
That's why I also buy a chef station and select its "Hire chef ($800)" option (16 points).

What a waste of $800! *sells the chef station
She stirs the pot a bit, stirs the pan a bit, rinse, repeat, then leaves without completing a single dish.

Masato: Merri, Garrison, I have some fantastic news to share! Good news or bad news first?
Garrison: Good news, natch!

Masato: Yasmin Mandir gave birth to a little girl! They live in Granada Place next to the former Caliente residence.
Merri: Excellent work, Masato! We'll keep an eye on Adelynn and her traits as she grows up.
Masato: Adelynn's just 3 days younger than Jet, and Granada Place is a nice 3-bedroom home.

Garrison: So what's the bad news?
Masato: Mizuki #2 had her third son (she has two boys with Masaya).
Your clubmate Aaradhya also had a son but she's homeless so it doesn't matter much.
Lastly, Charity Bjergsen's daughter and Jet are probably too closely related to marry.

Merri: Poor little Lone throws a tantrum while I'm reading to Jet and him.
Just you wait until the free day, Lone! You'll have all the attention you want and more!

Nimb: When I go into labor at night, I decide to have my child at the hospital, alone.
Why? Because it's faster than a home birth! And there's one more important reason!
I'm not letting Watchette take pictures of me screaming and groaning over a bassinet!

Merri: Lone passes out from sheer exhaustion while I'm putting Jet to bed.
After giving Lone a second wind, I finally have time to give him a much-needed bath.

Merri: While I'm bathing Lone, Nimb's nooboo shows up in the living room without Nimb.
Nimb: Her name is Pris, sis. I named her after the blond replicant in Blade Runner, my all-time fave film!

Merri: And who will go to Pris while she lies there screeching?
Not my perfect husband who is sleeping after autonomously teaching Lone to dance then cleaning.

Merri: Definitely not Theresa who comes home exhausted at 5 pm, never sleeps or naps, then  passes out at 11:30pm (15 points).

Merri: And certainly not Nimb, who decides to stay outside after returning from the hospital.
Thanks to Nimb, Watchette earns the No Excuses achievement for the first time ever (14 points).

Why is it even called that? Isn't it more of a fiasco than an achievement?"

Merri: Daichi Tanaka to the rescue! At last, Pris is fed and changed by my clubmate Daichi!
Finally, someone realizes that we're actually trying to earn points now!

I only hired those NPCs this morning to give me more time with the twins!

Friday

Merri: Quite frankly, I resent Nimb for neglecting his daughter.
He hasn't gone anywhere near her since they returned from the hospital 10 hours ago!

He does make up for last night's minus point by maxing Logic this morning (16 points).
But how can he expect anyone to care about his child if he himself couldn't care less?

Merri: Nimb has so many important things to do that he can't look after Pris.
Sighing, I phone for a nanny to help out so Pris won't be taken away by Social Services (15 points)
Who does he think picks up the slack for his irresponsibility! (He even has the Responsible trait!)

Merri: My little princes, I love them so!
While tucking Lone into bed, I max parenting (17 points).

Now, if only Nimb and Theresa would stop with the negative points until tomorrow morning!

My perfect husband, Garrison, leaves for work after an aromatherapy massage!

His sister, Theresa, earns a promotion to Hungry Artist (Painter 3).
Is that why she's dressed like she works at MacSimnolds? (18 points)

I'm not taking any chances today! Walking to the foyer, I call her into the house.

Merri: My awesome father checks to see why Pris is wailing.
On the other hand, her own father Nimb has avoided Pris completely.
Nimb has never even held Pris once. That mystifies me to no end.

At this point, though, I'm grateful that Nimb's napping rather than passing out.

My father in sparkly Super Parent mode with Lone.
I'm so glad he got a chance to meet his grandsons. I wish Garrison's parents could have met them, too.

Garrison: Hey, Lone! Thanks for coming all the way out to welcome me home from work.
Lone: *hasn't learned to talk yet

Saturday

Merri: I can't figure Theresa out for the life of me!
I give her the second-largest bedroom and the largest bathroom in the house, but she won't sleep or bathe!
Realizing she's going to pass out in two hours, I leap into action!
After I lure her to her bedroom with a chess invite, she heads straight for bed. Finally!!!

Why won't she take proper care of herself?
She is NOT robbing me of a Saturday morning start for my second free day!

And at 8:26 am, Jet maxes his potty skill (20 points) and our second free day commences!

Merri's Free Day #2 (10 points)
1 point carried over
Designated skill (1): Gourmet Cooking 4
Promotions (6): Merri/FCritic 6-7, Nimb/Sci 5, Garrison/Ath 2, Theresa/Paint 2-3
Maxed skills (8 ): Merri/Writing, Parenting, Nimb/Logic, Jet/Potty
Good Friends (2): Jet Lee, Lone Lee
Satisfaction points (1): +1,000 sp
NPC hires (-6): Nanny x4, Dog Adoption x1, Chef x1
Passed out (-2): Theresa x2
Bladder fails (-1): Nimb x1

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Merri Mucks Along (01/15)
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2018, 08:12:56 AM »
Oh boy!  Watching you juggle the points and manage the unexpected point losses and such is exhausting.  I can't even imagine how much moreso it must be to actually play through all of that.  Kudos, my friend.  Kudos!
Poor little Pris!!  Can't believe Nimb had the nerve to fill the puppy spot in the household and then ignores the child filling said spot.  On the other hand, sounds like Garrison and Cirius (as well as Daichi) are really doing a great job of making life easier.  I'm certainly hoping that continues throughout your time in this household!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2018, 11:07:34 AM »
@PeregrineTook

The six days between the end of Free Day 1 and the start of Free Day 2 seemed to take forever.
It's impossible to predict when points will be lost, of course. Nimb gained 3, lost 1, and never interacted with Pris; Theresa gained 2, but lost 2.
Mot (Merri's scientist uncle) never passed out, possibly because he had the Never Weary trait.
I have to be quicker about using Marian's tip to travel when someone's about to pass out.

I'm not sure why Nimb and Theresa don't go to bed when they're exhausted. Employed Garrison and jobless Masato sleep when tired just fine.
Hopefully, we can buy the Steel Bladder trait for Nimb and Theresa during the second free day, since they're most prone to bladder failures and pass outs.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2018, 11:18:20 AM »
--twitches-- I feel your pain!  That's what it was like while Kai was a toddler!  It's why the family is still not on their first free day.  Of course, now I'm super concerned because I read about the townies coming back glitch and it seems they are super horrible and glitched and can hurt the game.  Regardless, you and Merri are doing an amazing job!  The twins are adorable!  Nimb!  Straighten up right now and take care of your daughter or I'm gonna sick Jewel on you!!! (Btw... could I request a copy of Nimb?  I might put him in a for fun file lol)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Assets and Liabilities
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2018, 07:33:08 AM »
@Shewolf13
I'm so glad to hear that you can delete those resurrected sims! Looking forward to find out what Jewel's been up to?
Would you like me to send you a pregnant Nimb? That's entirely possible. :)

3.19: Assets and Liabilities

Week 14/Saturday

Merri: Aaahhh, the start of our second free day!  How marvelous!
One of this free day's main goals is to boost everyone's Parenting skill.

Jet relentlessly and repeatedly asks Nimb to teach him.

Lone enjoys the attention from daddy and the other adults at home.
He's woefully behind in his skills, but I can help Lone now that Jet's Level 3 in all 5 skills.

Masato: So far, I'm batting 4 out of 5 as a pollinator.
On this free day, I'll only spend time with two ladies. Lila Alonzo lives in a roomy house in Willow Creek.
This brunette is Diamond, Masaya's daughter with Luna Villareal.

After that, I'm going to be taking it easy. No use wasting my energy on homeless ladies.
Anyway, unless new families move into Brindleton Bay, Adelynn Mandir is a good option.

Merri: Theresa needs to work on her aspiration (Botanist) and daily task (painting).
When not at work, she only watches TV or wanders around in a grungy state of exhaustion.

Just between you and me, there's always been something strange about Theresa Fyres.
Whenever she walks, she does a weird one-step walking, one-step sunk into the ground thingy.
Check out her feet peeking out from her knees and the weird position of  her hands. Bizarre!

I've never seen a sim with this kind of glitch before. So glad that Garrison doesn't have it.

Merri: Since Theresa never paints autonomously, the free day is a perfect opportunity.
I ask Papa to mentor her while she starts her daily task. What would I do without you, Papa?

Because you're a negligent father unless I'm controlling you, I'm sharing this shot of you breastfeeding.
Nimb: No, you wouldn't!
Just did!

Nimb: Pris receives her birthday notice during the feeding, so I age her up immediately.
She also gets a message that someone named Senior Pollinator Technician #3 has sent her a gift.
Who the heck is that and how's she related to my Pris?

More important, how did SPT #3 get a hold of my custom content hair? Grrrrr!

Nimb: Her skintone is just slightly darker than that of her human disguise.
Just as I'm wondering whether Pris should be who she is or pass as a human, I remember.

Our watcher dislikes the high-pitched voices of aliens. Human disguise it is, Pris!

Garrison: Thankfully, I find Grim at Salty Paws Saloon (again) and am able to complete my Grilled Cheese aspiration.
I also meet Caleb Vatore, a resident of Forgotten Hollow.
What a surprise to learn that Caleb's a vampire--he's so courteous and sophisticated.

Garrison: Since I've switched to the Bodybuilder aspiration, we make a short stop at the gym.
That's when Count Vlad breaks into the gym and heads our way.

Merri: I encourage him to work out, which he does, but we still can't go home. Darn break-in!
We're here with all 3 toddlers and don't want to spend the rest of our free day here!

Garrison: The last straw is when Vlad gets flirty and tries to engage me in a suggestive conversation!
Nobody treats me like some floozy in front of my family!
Vlad: Oh? So if you and I were to go somewhere private together? Hmmm? *waggles eyebrows

Garrison: That's it! After treating Count Chrome Dome to a few mean socials, I choose to "Fight Vampire."

Merri: Of course, my perfect husband beats that nasty ole vampire to a pulp. Hmmmph!
The break-in ends with the fight, allowing Garrison, Nimb, the toddlers, and I to go home.

Garrison (whispers): I check my relationship panel but have no pink bar with Vlad. Whew!

Week 15/Sunday

Merri: Our second free day comes to a very productive close!
Both Garrison and Nimb reach Parenting 6, to my delight!

Nimb won't change overnight but, now and then, I see him socializing with his daughter.

Merri: Once the kids wake up from their afternoon nap, Jet and I throw a toddler play date.
Masato tells me all his children are now toddlers, but I've only met Evan Hayashi.

The party goals are much too time-consuming for one lone sim to handle.

Merri: There are moments when Jet looks so much like my perfect husband!

Merri: Just before the party ends, Garrison earns a promotion (21 points). Way to go, darling!
We earn a silver medal for our efforts, but the kids all seemed to enjoy the park immensely.

Lucky for us, a group of cosplayers arrive and clean up after us. Thanks!

Monday

Pris and I become good friends, while I'm bathing her (22 points).
My heart goes out to the little girl. Her father is neglectful and her mother is absent.

Jet maxes his thinking this morning (24 points). He's such an asset!
I go to put him to bed when I see him pouting from exhaustion, but he trots off on his own.

Jet's going to be a great heir! He's already earned more points than his Uncle Nimb!

Merri: Today, I want to be selfish, Garrison. Will you humor me?
Garrison: Well, that depends, doesn't it?

Merri: Now that the kids are all sleeping, will you accompany me while I write my reviews?
First, we'll go to Creekside Bar then swing by La Bovine.

Garrison: It's been a lovely day, Merri.
Would you cool it with the parenting and repair tips, though, honey?
They spoil the romantic mood here in Shimuzu!

Merri: Oops, sorry, love. I accidentally slipped into Heiress Mode there!
Oh, where did the time go? We left in the morning and now it's 7 pm!
Did Nimb also message you about his promotion (25 points)?

When they get home, they find a house full of starving, grungy, sleep-deprived sims.
Why didn't they take care of their needs while Merri and Garrison were out? (Is this yet another bug!?)

Tuesday

Merri: It is never too early to scout new talent! This is my new clubmate, Tetsu Yamamoto.
It's good for a club to have new blood! (Also, I'm removing Papa from the club this afternoon.)

I hire a nanny because it's going to be another busy day with three toddlers (24 points)

Honestly, I'm at my wit's end with Nimb and Garrison's sister Theresa.
They wouldn't sleep or use the larger bathrooms upstairs, so I made them bedrooms downstairs.
Last night, they both stayed up all night, never stepping foot in their bedrooms.

After work, even though I call her indoors, Theresa of course passes out (23 points).
She's passed out after each of her last three work shifts. Dead weight much?

Next free day, Theresa must quit her job because she's dragging our score down.
I foresee her living in a basement room with a cooler, toilet, bed, and shower.

Merri: Naturally, right after I complain about Nimb and Theresa, they head straight for their beds and crash!

Anyway, I max cooking tonight (25 points) while baking my boys' birthday cakes.
Then Daichi Tanaka and I become good friends (26 points)

I'd noticed Papa slip away quietly this morning. I didn't try to stop him.
And when I check my relationships tonight, he's passed away.

Visiting my old home, I find my parents' urns by the front door.
Uncle Mot is too busy with his video game to chat.

Wednesday

Past midnight, I notice an unknown lady walking through our house toward our "front door" in the back.
I don't know if she plans a friendly visit or a break-in but only Garrison is sleeping right now.

Hastily, I relock all our doors and she walks off without ever knocking.
As if I'd let her anywhere near my perfect husband's neck!

Later that morning,  Lone maxes Imagination (28) so I hire a nanny (27 points)
Soon after, I get promoted to Level 8 Expert Epicurean (28 points).

In the afternoon, Theresa earns her Level 4 promotion (29  points).
And late that night, Jet maxes Communication right before his birthday (31 points).
We'll be celebrating their birthdays soon after starting our third free day!

Jet: Come back next time to see Lone and me as children!
Pris: Why does Jet get all the attention? *glares

Free Day #3 (11 points)
Promotions (4): Merri/Fcritic 8, Nimb/Sci 6, Garrison/Ath 3,Theresa/Paint 4
Maxed skills (8 ): Merri/Cooking, Jet/Thinking & Communication, Lone/Imagination
Good friends (2): Pris Lee, Daichi Tanaka
Passed out (-1) Theresa x1
NPC hires (-2): Nanny x2

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Assets and Liabilities (01/17)
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2018, 08:14:29 AM »
That last picture is so good! I really like little Pris

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2018, 08:25:49 AM »
Pris is such a cutie pie!!  I mean, Jet and Lone are certainly handsome young fellas, but little Pris just has that cannot-be-ignored-and-must-be-snuggled little baby child look. 
So sorry to hear that Nimb and Theresa are causing you such grief!  Sims are so weird!!  Maybe you need to get I the habit of SimRaying them to sleep as soon as Merri gets home from work each day?

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2018, 09:49:50 AM »
The needs thing is crazy, especially when they first come home from work, they will just stand there for 3 sim hours. 

I had my heir go to Sylvan Glade to catch Sturgeon for the museum, and he was there for like 3 days and everyone else stayed at home, which was just his twin brother, his mom, and their 3 cats.  He was just fishing and doing yoga and I wasn't even concerned what they were doing.  When I clicked on their portraits though, they were both close to death from what the moodlets said! I just wanted to let you know, that it's not just you.  I am enjoying reading your story. 

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2018, 01:40:39 PM »
Oh my yes!  Would LOVE a pregnant Nimb!  And oh my!  Loved the fight between Garrison and Count Vlad lol.  And I really don't understand the sims that don't take care of themselves... it's sooo frustrating!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2018, 01:54:33 PM »
@LenaLJ
I'm also finding Pris quite adorable, although Merri's life would be more relaxed with just the twins.

@PeregrineTook
but little Pris just has that cannot-be-ignored-and-must-be-snuggled little baby child look.
Except for potty and baths, Merri always ignores Pris unless the boys are already taken care of. There's just too much going on. It's all about the heir!
Already considered the SimRay during Gen2, but decided that if a sim isn't sleeping in a bed or on a couch, they've passed out.
And look at Theresa's screenshot in the garden--she always walk like that (one normal step, one bizarre step); she's a glitched sim.

@christinal3106
I'm sorry "Care for Self" isn't working for you either but, at the same time, relieved that it's not just me. There's a thread on this issue on EA Answer HQ:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/sims-care-for-self-not-working/td-p/6528739/highlight/true

I'm curious about what your fishing sim found when he returned home? Were his housemates okay or were they just like their portraits showed?
crinrict's solution is to click on another mode for each portrait then click "Care for Self" again. Unfortunately, that would be a rule violation for our Townie Dynasty Challenge.
I'm going to do a factory reset and repair game to see if that fixes my game. If not, I'm going to post a new thread about it.
I didn't notice this until just recently, around the time of the Laundry Stuff Pack's release, but it's been going on for 3 weeks, apparently.

@Shewolf13
Is "Care for Self" not working for you either? Our challenge just keeps getting more complicated.  Grrrr. 
This seems to be the workaround (but not for us):
crinrict wrote:
 even if it's on care for self, try setting it to something else than back to care for self. Sometimes it just doesn't register properly.

I'm going to try to fix my game now but I'll PM you when pregnant Nimb's on the gallery.