Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 10.70: Faina Lee, Finished! (Completed 19/06/2018)  (Read 143574 times)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Assets and Liabilities (01/17)
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2018, 02:54:31 PM »
@oshizu They were in that state when he went home. So, I bought tents, an outdoor shower, and a cooler and took them with me. I brought a few cat bowls for the cats as well. It was funny because I brought a litter box, but when I placed it on the ground, there wasn't any litter in it. So, the cats meowed like crazy until they eventually went on the ground. I will say that when they left to go to work/school, they did fill up their needs when they got home from that, so I didn't have to bring them back.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #136 on: January 17, 2018, 11:40:42 PM »
I've had Sims do that weird walk with one normal step and then a step into the ground.  Mine was a little different, though, because it didn't just affect one Sim.  Mine seemed to happen on one specific part of my lot.  Any Sim who walked there would do the weird walk for a few steps, and there would be a splashing sound- like they were walking into a pool or something.  It didn't matter what kind of flooring was over that spot, it always did it.  It reminded me of Harry Potter and how Hogwarts had trick-steps that the students learned to skip over. 

Also, I have to admit that I, too, have earned the "No Excuses" achievement, and I can't even say that I was doing a challenge which only allowed one Sim to be controlled.  I just totally missed that someone really had to go.  :-[

Great job on this challenge.  You seem to be handling the ups and downs of the point system really well with Merri.  And your caption for that last shot with Pris made me LOL.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2018, 09:17:52 AM »
@christinal3106
Very clever to take everyone along! Thanks to Outdoor Retreat for all those portable items, right? How odd about the litter box!

@BallerinaHippo
Oh, I'm so relieved that the weird walk is not a glitch unique to my game, which means it's a game bug. Sorry you had to suffer it, too, though.
Actually, your bug sounds more lot-specific than sim-specific. The splashing sound is bizarre!
Haha, Pris doesn't usually glare like that and she's close to Jet. Her needs must have been low or something. She really looked as if she were giving Jet the evil eye! :)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Cuz This Is How She Rolls
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2018, 09:39:11 AM »
3.20: Cuz This Is How She Rolls

Week 15/Thursday

Merri: Our third free day begins just before midnight.
And soon after, the twins celebrate their birthdays.

Both our boys earn the Happy Toddler trait.
Jet Lee becomes a dog lover, while Lone Lee becomes a loner.

Garrison: Watchette uses "Change Sim" to give Jet my green eyes!

The twins begin with Artistic Prodigy, which they hope to finish during our free day.
Since Daichi's a snob and a critic, I figure he will serve well as a mentor.

Merri: During our free day, Pris also qualifies for the Happy Toddler trait.
She's a surprisingly resourceful toddler.
Yesterday, she surprised me by autonomously asking me to teach her flash cards.

Garrison: Since I'm an active sim, the Bodybuilder aspiration is perfect for me.
I'm working hard to complete it before the free day ends.

Theresa: I quit my job as Painter but I already brought home the Easy-Breezy Easel yesterday.
I'm not sure why I don't sleep. Maybe it's a form of stress-related insomnia?

Merri: Stress over what? If anyone deserves to be stressed out, it's me!
Anyway, good job with the easel, Theresa!
You've done well today with Freelance Botanist, too! You reached Gardening 8!

Theresa: Congrats to you, too, Merri!
Merri: Yeah, I'm not sure if it was a good idea, but I've maxed Vampire Lore and Painting today.

Merri: Our pollinator Masato has been busy as a bee.
Free Day #1: 2 girls (Noel Bjergsen and Adelynn Mandir)
                    3 boys (Theo Hayashi, Johnathon Anand, Brook Mandir)
Free Day #2: 1 girl (Kari Alonzo), twin boys (Jamel/Octavio Villareal)

Masato: I arrange trysts with three of the four ladies who'd given birth to boys previously.
And this a new "love," Kerry Alonzo. She's the younger sister of Kari Alonzo's mother.

Daichi: Being a tad overzealous, aren't we? Kerry's sister already has a daughter…
Masato: Yeah, I only wanted to kiss her for my Serial Romantic aspiration, but "someone" forgot.
Oh, THAT was the reason we invited Kerry over! Not that you seem to mind all that much.

Friday

Merri: Today is a new (non-free) day! I look through my relationships in search of a new clubmate.
I notice Vlad hasn't changed out of his dark form since his fight with my perfect husband.

Thinking he wouldn't come over, I add him to my club for a lark. But he arrives! *starts insulting Vlad

Garrison (the llamacorn): As I leave for work, I see Merri arguing with that Vlad.
I briefly contemplate helping out and arriving at work late, but Merri seems to have bested him.

Merri: Cuz this is how I roll!
Did I mention that I'd mixed my first vampire cure before Vlad arrived?

Vlad: How utterly humiliating to be cured of my vamprism? How will I ever face the other vampires?
Merri: Sorry, dude! I'd like to move households into vacant homes in the future.
But you're taking up valuable space while not being a viable spouse option!

Vlad: So you'll be curing Caleb as well?
Merri: Um….no, not Caleb.
Thanks to @reggikko for reminding me about curing Vlad.

Merri: Funny thing about the relationships of Nimb and his daughter Pris.
Senior Pollination Technician #3 appears among Pris's relationships, described as her mother.
But she doesn't appear among Nimb's relationships. Was Nimb's memory wiped or is he in denial?

More importantly, why does SPT #3 continue to poach my custom content hair? It's not for you!

Lone: Mama! The teacher gave me at "B" at grade school! (32 points)
Merri: Nice work, Lone! (Jet's Mental skill is higher but, oddly, he's still a "C" student.)

Merri: Brother Nimb earns his second promotion this week!  (33 points)
Then, while I'm busy with my work-from-home assignments, Uncle Mot pays us a visit.
Right away, I buy a gaming console to occupy him while I prepare three gourmet dishes.

Darn it, I hadn't planned on it, but my Gourmet Cooking rises two levels (35 points)
Uncle Mot quietly plays a game by himself, then leaves without saying good-bye.
I realize that Uncle Mot has outlived both of his brothers.

Stranger: Good evening, kind sir! I see you've been promoted out of that llamacorn uniform! (36 points)
Garrison: And who might you be? I would have noticed a beautiful stranger like yourself in these parts.

Stranger: I am a traveling salesman, always on the move, never staying in one place. A tragic lifestyle!
Would you care to sample my wares and warm a lonely heart, kind sir? *gives suave kiss
Garrison: I'm very flattered, ma'am. But my extremely possessive wife beat up a notorious vampire this morning.
You and I would never escape with our lives, lovely stranger!

Merri (comes out of character): Darn straight, you wouldn't!
Garrison: Nice try buying me the Great Kisser trait during our recent free day.
Sadly, you kissing me doesn't raise my Charisma! But wait until our next free day, Merri!

Saturday

Merri: We're earning points too fast so I hired a butler yesterday morning (34 points).
She's a creative, cat-loving foodie. Nice traits but still an odd duck, for sure!

Speaking of odd, I find Theresa crawling upstairs on her hands and knees.
And, naturally, now that she's quit the Painter career, she's started painting autonomously.

Merri: In the afternoon, I take Masato and my boys out visiting.
The little girl on the left is Noel Bjergsen (Sofia's grand-daughter).
She's my acquaintance but, sadly, she's Jet's cousin.

Next, we visit the Mandir residence in Oasis Springs.
Who's the little boy, Masato?
Masato: That's my son with Aya Mandir, who's an elder now.

Merri: Aren't you coming inside the house, Masato?
Masato: No, thanks! The little girl Adelynn (right) is my daughter with Aya's daughter Yasmin.
Merri: You're joking, aren't you?
Masato: Hey, in my defense, Aya and Yasmin looked like sisters at the time, not mother and daughter!

Merri: Now that I've met my future daughter-in-law (?!), I take the whole household to the park.
I'm hoping that Jet will develop a love for fishing.
Pris maxes her Imagination all by herself! (36 points)

Week 16/Sunday

Merri: We visit the Pupperstone Dog Park this morning for the first time.
We find no dogs inside the park, but I finally find one walking around outside for Garrison to meet.

Awww, my perfect husband gets a Happy +2 Doggie! Moodlet for meeting a new dog friend.
I called over Jet the dog-lover, too, but he shows no interest in the dog.

Pris aged up last night. As pretty as ever, Pris is a perfectionist now.

My clubmate Tetsu Yamamoto also aged up last night, apparently.
Sorry, Tetsu, but I'm removing you from my club. Your pear shape disqualifies you as the next pollinator!

And in case you're wondering, our new butler is working out fine. (35 points)

After Garrison leaves for work, I take the twins out fishing. Both boys reach Level 8 Mental.

Tuesday

Merri: So many points lately!
Yesterday, Masato maxed dancing (37 points), so I've hired nannies yesterday and today (35 points) in addition to our butler (34 points).
This afternoon, both Jet and Lone bring home "A" grades, and Pris brings home a "B." (37 points)

My perfect husband also earns a promotion and branches to the Bodybuilder career (38 points).
If I can finish this book, I'll be promoted tomorrow, too.
Looks like we'll have another free day soon, so I take a moment to write excuse notes for our twins.

Merri: Meet my new clubmate, Parker Shimizu. He's a young adult replacing the pear-shaped Tetsu Yamamoto.

The creative Parker is a snob, just like me, so we're good friends in no time (39 points).
Uh, my Papa who art in Heaven, would you mind explaining why Park turns out to be my half-brother?!

Cirius: Oh that! While I was doing Painter Extraordinaire, I'd initially planned to do Big Happy Family next.
Merri: I thought your last (incomplete) aspiration was Successful Lineage?
Cirius: That's right, Merri. I realized that I could milk more satisfaction points from Successful Lineage.
So when I finished Painter Extraordinaire, I didn't choose Big Happy Family after all.

Merri: So why all that drama about Mama flirting at the Romance Festival?
Cirius: Oh puhleeze! I'd believed that a third child was my dynastic duty at the time.
Your mother was flirting with a stranger on a random whim.

Merri: Anyway, I guess that means Parker can't be the next-gen pollinator…Shoot!!!
Cirius: Um, he has a twin brother.

Wednesday

Merri: I'm in the garden, waiting for my Level 9 promotion to trigger our 40th point.

I'd just aged up naturally to an adult.
No, I didn't cake up! Even with my pregnancy, my perfect husband is 5 days younger than me.
And Garrison is not only an Active sim but also Long-Lived!
(Active Uncle Mot, who's not even long-lived, has outlived his two brothers by 8 days now!)

Anyway, with only an hour to go before my promotion notice, Jet maxes Mental in the observatory!
Way to go, Jet! And now, we can begin our fourth free day!

Free Day #4 (11 points)
1 point carried over
Designated skill (2): Gourmet Cooking 7-8
Promotions (8 ):
   Careers (3): Nimb/Sci 7, Garrison/Athl 4-5
   School (5)  : Jet/B & A, Lone/B & A, Pris/B
Maxed skills (6):
   Jet/Mental, Masato/Dancing, Pris/Imagination,
Good friends (1): Parker Shimizu
NPC hires (-7): Butler x5, Nanny x2

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Cuz This Is How She Rolls (01/19)
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »
Oh wow!  I'm a little jealous XD Rather than have to worry about planning points, I'm having a major issue getting them XD or I should say keeping them.  Wait, Cirius has other children?  Not with his wife?? Or were they later on?  It blows my mind that Merry has a brother... twin brothers, by the sounds of it XD

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2018, 05:27:54 PM »
@Shewolf13
The kids bring in lots of points and, by accident, I ended up with three kids again. I wish Pris would stop earning points!
As for Cirius, he'd become heir as a teen but his daughter didn't become heir until she was a young adult.
We were thinking he'd need a third child for Big Happy Family but then chose Successful Lineage.
I forgot exactly when Cirius had the fling, but his twin boys are 2-3 sim-weeks younger than Merri.
Cirius insists that it was after Mizuki flirted with the random townie at the Romance Festival.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2018, 07:22:09 PM »
Wow, Pris is amazing!!  If you still let Theresa be a point-dropping nightmare, I think Pris would balance her out   ;=) 
Speaking of Theresa, the stair crawl was hilarious!!  Maybe not as much on your end, but from a reader perspective, that's comic gold!
Masato made the right choice by not stopping with the just the smooch.  Kerry looks lovely!
Oh man, Parker is Merri's brother.  That's craziness!!  No wonder you thought he was a handsome fella!  I mean, he came from a great gene pool  ;=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2018, 06:02:48 PM »
Eh, Pris. She will live on in Dresden House after the Gen3 Lees have passed, preventing me from moving households into empty lots!
Theresa's stair crawl was more on the order of a horror film than a comedy film, to be honest. It was so creepy!!!
Yes, Parker is a half-brother. I hadn't been following Parker and his brother at all until Merri invited him to her club, hehe.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Tempora-Lee Displaced
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2018, 06:56:48 PM »
3.21: Tempora-Lee Displaced

Week 16/Wednesday

Merri: Our fourth free day runs from around 8 am Wednesday until the same time tomorrow.
For Jet the heir and brother Lone, the first goal is finishing Whiz Kid.

Jet: Hello there! My name's Jet Lee. What's your name?
Yellow shirt: Hello yourself! I'm Hakim Mounib. So, you want me to be your friend, right?

Jet: Honestly? No. I only need to introduce myself to five sims for my new aspiration.
I'm a social butterfly. See ya!

Theresa: I finally complete Freelance Botanist today! Please, may I buy Steel Bladder for myself?
Merri: What? We bought you that trait during last week's free day. Buy Marketable instead.

Theresa: *buys Marketable and switches to Painter Extraordinaire

Masato: I kiss my 9th and 10th sims, but I'll never try for the three gold-medal dates.
And yes, my 9th kiss is with the nanny--she's the one who throws herself on everybody, anyway!
As an extension of my 10th kiss, I also try for baby with Grand Master Lilith Vatore.

Masato: Lastly, I pollinate another Grand Master vampire named Kailee Kidd.
Gah, she's such a handful!  Talk about a diva!!! Plus she's mean as a snake.

I wish my final pollination could have been a more pleasant experience.

Jet: I invite Adelynn Mandir over and we become friends.
All I need to finish Social Butterfly is two more child friends, but I'm done with this aspiration.

By the way, what do you think of my mother's plans for me to marry Adelynn?
Adelynn's mother is not so pretty. What if I'm not attracted to Adelynn when we're teens?
If only I had multiple options! Whatever happened to freedom of choice?

Jet: I take everybody to Casbah Gallery to take photos of Uncle Masato.
When I'm old enough to paint portraits, I want to memorialize him as an adult, not an elder.

Jet: Papa, would you please stop making such corny poses? What's wrong with you?
Garrison: I'm a Great Kisser who's been smooching with your mother to build charisma.

Jet: By the time I have a nice photo of each household adult, I've maxed photography.

Thursday

Merri: Just past midnight, we try to go home but discover a vampire's breaking in. Not again!
I learn that a break-in cannot be ended by freezing the offending vampire.

Garrison: Chatting with the vampire doesn't work either.
First, Merri fights the vampire and loses. Next, I fight the troublesome vampire.
I'm also defeated but, at least, my fight ends the break-in at 2 am. Sheesh! What a nuisance!

Garrison: After sunrise, the twins phone in for a vacation day and I have the day off.
How shall we spend the day?
Right before our free day ends, we all take moodlet solvers then head for Brindleton Bay.
Do you think Jet's looks favor me or Merri?

Garrison: In the afternoon, we visit Seaside Stories at Dachshund Creek.
Unlike the other libraries in our simverse, this one is designed with toddlers in mind.

Merri: I wish we'd brought the twins here when they were toddlers!

Jet: Uncle Masato, may I ask you a personal question?
Masato: Uh, sure. Why not?

Jet: Why do you live with us instead of having a family of your own?
Masato: You can ask your father that question, Jet, after your young adult birthday.

Jet: Do you miss not having a family of your own?
Masato: Not really. I'm a member of your family, am I not?

Merri: We head home after learning that Pris earned an "A" at school (42 points).
While everyone gets some rest, I rehire our butler. (41 points)
She's been a tremendous help around the house!

Friday

Jet: At the Spice Festival, only Mama and I pass the Spicy Curry Challenge.
Since I'm a kid, though, only Mama gets the champion's t-shirt.

Pris: Judging from the look on Adelynn's face, she might have passed the challenge, too!
Lone: Why does Mama invite that Adelynn everywhere we go?

Masato: Some sims need a T-shirt for others to recognize that they're hot.
Can't say that's ever been my problem. *smirks quietly

Merri: This is Trace Bheeda, son of Arun and Jesminder Bheeda.
I introduce myself and get to know Trace, hoping to learn the secret to his longevity.
Ahhhh, he's an active sim! No wonder he's outlived all the premade sims!

Jet: Thanks for laying vampire knowledge on me, Mama. I never knew that about frogs!
Later, I find Merri autonomously sharing vampire knowledge with Lone as well.

Jet: Mama takes us all to La Bovine to celebrate Uncle Masato's elder birthday.
Nanny Ellen arrives at the same time as we do. There's something wrong with her. I just know it.
How is she not an elder yet? I hear Uncle Masato beat her up while he was a teenager.
Also, Grandpa Cirius once said that Nanny Ellen was his nanny, too. Is she immortal?

Merri: A very happy birthday to you, Masato!
Masato: Thanks so much, everyone. I wasn't expecting a fancy dinner and a birthday cake!

Garrison (whispers): So, tell me, Masato. What was it like being the pollinator?

Masato: Why are you whispering, Garrison? I have 14 kids total: 8 girls and 6 boys.
In San Myshuno, Mizuki Hayashi #2's fourth pregnancy finally produced a girl! (She had 2 sons with Masaya and 1 with me.)
As for the vampires, Lilith had a girl and that meanie Kailee probably had a boy.
And don't bother asking: I refuse to see Kailee again!

Garrison (whispers again): I'm not asking about your results! I want to hear about the process!
Masato (whispers): You're asking me here and now, with your wife glaring at us?
Garrison (sighs): What Dresden House needs is a man cave.

Merri: When we get home, I make a beeline for the dresser to dye Masato's hair black.
I'm surprised to find that his hair is black already.
Even more surprising, he's reverted back to an adult again with 0 days to elderhood.

Strange! I ask Masato to change into his lovely party outfit then cake him up for the second time.

Nimb: On the occasion of Masato's double elder birthday and makeover, I get a makeover, too.
As a teen, I'd aged up with very thin eyebrows and funky hair.

I'm no Garrison or Masato but I'm looking pretty cute now, if I do say so myself.

Saturday

Nimb: A little past midnight, Watchette joins our butler in the garden (40 points).
Next, she buys a few violins to avoid adding another $30,000 to our household funds.
But we earn 2 points anyway because those violins make me complete Mansion Baron. *stifles laugh (42 points)

Then, while checking my traits to switch to a new aspiration, I discover it's my adult birthday.
Yep, I never even noticed my birthday message! Now Garrison's the only young adult left.
And in four more days, Jet and Lone become teenagers!

Current score: 42/50

Author's Note
I have no idea why Masato aged back down to an adult when the household returned home from La Bovine.
Since then, I've deleted my game cache files, Origin cache files, and repaired my game (like I do every day, anyway).
Whatever the problem was, I hope it's gone. (famous last words)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Tempora-Lee Displaced (01/20)
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2018, 08:02:47 PM »
Nimb's makeover was pretty great!
I hope Nanny Ellen moves into a house eventually and becomes the spouse for gen 9 or 10 since she's apparently immortal and will be there forever  :=)
A Lilithboo!!!  You know I'm super fond of Lilith who sadly burned up in my took dynasty (and I'm still sad about that since she would have been the gen 5 or 6 spouse), so I think it's excellent that her genetics just might end up being mingled into the Lee line (and yes, I said "might" since I know someone's super fond of Caleb).   ;=)
A single Sim having a double elder birthday.  Don't think I've ever seen that before! 
So enjoying this dynasty family  :=)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2018, 09:06:38 PM »
@PeregrineTook
Nooo, nay to Nanny Ellen! When Masato and Garrison were teens, they both had full red bars with her.
I remember hearing her act flirty with Masato before he picked a fight with her. I see her as a sort of predator and wish she would age. 
It's going to be boring to only hire the same two nannies for nine generations. I need to google: should nannies be ageing or not?

As for the Vatores, I guess it will depend what traits the Lee heirs roll and how Ariella (Lilith's daughter) develops. But, yes, Caleb is a huge favorite!
You'll have another chance with Lilith once you start your Rival Dynasties Challenge. ;-)

I honestly don't understand what happened with Masato, and I didn't take a break between the two birthdays.
During a single gameplay session, the Lees went to a restaurant, Masato caked up to an elder, the Lees came home, and Masato was an adult again.

Thanks for always reading and commenting, Pippin!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2018, 11:00:24 PM »
Oh wow, your game is doing some odd things, @oshizu !  Games seem to be just insane lately XD  Love Nimb's makeover!  I giggled a bit too much at Garrison asking Masato about pollinating XD

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »
Wow, Nimb looks really really young in those shots, I thought one of the boys had aged up or something. Lol, I'm sorry, Merri's dealing with similar issues that Cirius did but dang those bugs are no joke. Too bad Pris is going to stay behind, she's great. Can't wait to see the boys grow up and hopefully Adelynn is also cute.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »
I had a similar problem with the deaging too but with a toddler, she aged up to child and the party notification passed the "Have a sim age up" but then she stayed a toddler, it was so weird

Loving the story so far though!
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2018, 06:24:46 PM »
@Shewolf13
Yes, my game's going nuts. If this is how it misbehaves at Generation 3, I hate to think of what's to come. Or maybe we'll be lucky and Maxis will fix many of the bugs.
I imagine that even the happily married and oh-so-adored Garrison cannot help but wonder what a pollinator's life would be like, lol.

@dontmindme
I was surprised how much difference Nimb looked with slightly thicker eyebrows and another hairstyle. His sweatshirt-and-shorts look also add to his youthful appearance, maybe.
And, I'm with you! I can't wait to see how all the Gen4 kids turn out!

@wa-wa-world
The deaging glitch is really troubling but not as game-breaking as other bugs, I guess. I'm sorry you had a problem with your toddler but am also a little relieved that Masato's problem wasn't isolated to my game. How's your Townie Dynasty going so far?

anything