Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 10.70: Faina Lee, Finished! (Completed 19/06/2018)  (Read 142108 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Hello Kitteh (02/04)
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2018, 07:46:25 AM »
Welcome to the family, Gent Lee!! 
Loved Lone's advice to Scamp to take up knitting.  In the Sims universe, I could actually see it being possible  ;=)
Jet and Aarohi are just so cute together...oh, wait...he married the serial romantic, didn't he?  Poor Saanvi!  At least Jet loves your house even if his fondness for you involves impregnation, proposal, marriage, and ditching.
Dhruv does look kind of like the guy Tessie met at the Romance Festival!  Great minds think alike, I suppose  ;=)
Loved the update and looking forward to reading more!!

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2018, 03:57:17 AM »
Wow a fast way to the first free day, and good that you atleast in the end could get a little kitten.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2018, 01:51:40 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
Haha, I hope the new names don't disappoint! Gent is such a gorgeous cat. He's described as a Tonkinese, which I googled and learned that a Tonkinese is a genetic mix of Siamese and Burmese cats. Also, the name Tonkinese came from the musical "South Pacific," lol.

@Shewolf13
I'm not sure what happened with my kitty adoption. With Scamp, I saw the Akita, invited him over, then adopted him. It was a drama-free adoption.
Pets are higher-maintenance than I'd realized...

@PeregrineTook
I don't know about great minds thinking alike, but I cracked up that your game and my game spawned YA male sims that shared a resemblance.
Lol, my favoritism toward Aarohi almost caused me to make a fatal error. I explain in the update.
Dhruv's been great with cleaning and rushing to help with the nooboos.

@LenaLJ
I like getting the first free day as early as possible so everyone can get jobs, do their daily work tasks, take a pregnancy test, start on aspirations, and so forth.
We had Jet's entire teen stage to set that up. But I got extremely sidetracked with the kitty adoption.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: A Gentleman and a Skedaddler
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2018, 02:05:34 AM »
4.27: A Gentleman and a Skedaddler

Week 19/Wednesday

Jet: Apart from our first free day starting this very minute, I have other great news.
Remember Mr. Pear who moved into our neighborhood after the release of Cats & Dogs?

Well, after today's patch, Mr. Pear and his canine comrade have mysteriously vanished!
It's actually awful news for me personally.
If he'd moved a day or two earlier, I could have married Aarohi instead. *sighs tragically

When I loaded this dynasty right after the patch, he was gone from Windenburg Countryside.

You may recall my arduous ordeal to adopt our male kitteh, Gent Lee.
He looks dignified even while taking a poop!

Let's hope that Scamp and Gent become buddies.
We now have two gluttonous pets in the house (and no room for triplets).
They get hungry even with the automatic pet feeders scheduled for 3-hr cycles!

Advaith: I seem to have made a bad first impression on Watchette.
When I'm trolling teh forums, she confiscates my slablet and stores it somewhere inaccessible.
So then I go watch comedy TV and she puts the TV in family inventory.

Sorry about the TV, Advaith, but Jet and Saanvi just got married and are expecting a nooboo.
They're so blissed out, I can't risk them getting playful from comedy TV and dying from hysteria.
Anyway, don't you have any constructive pastimes? I know…chess!

Advaith (whispers): Can you believe Watchette refuses to give me a makeover until tomorrow?
She says it's a waste of free day time. Hmmph!

Saanvi: I take a pregnancy test as soon as the free day commences. See my tiny baby bump?
It takes forever to eat the requisite 18 strawberries, but now I'm free to…
   make calming medications on the crafting machine?
Jet: Hey, you're a lover of cats and dogs! Don’t you want to support my work as a vet?
(Plus, her vet skill is still too low to craft any treats.)

Jet: Every household tends to have a loser sim.
In this house, all signs point to the squeamish, gloomy loner…Advaith.

Lone: Agreed. After watering the garden, he's grossed out from mopping up the puddles he spilled.
Then, when Dhruv autonomously steps up to mop up the puddles, Advaith gets tense from Stranger Danger.

Jet: Forget about the Entrepreneurial reward, dude! Your first reward will be Carefree!
Incidentally, I maxed Gardening while grafting this morning. (2 points)

Jet: Now that both Saanvi and Advaith have Veterinarian 2 skill, I start them crafting treats.
Meanwhile, I unselfishly take one for the team.
Since Aarohi will soon be moving into a big house in Brindleton Bay, we don't want her to get lonely, right?

Whoa, I almost disqualified myself there!
Just as I enabled "Freerealestate on" to move Aarohi into the Delgato house, I remembered!
Soon after Mr. Pear moved into our neighborhood, the Joysons moved in, too.
So Mr. Pear's disappearance doesn’t allow Aarohi to move into a house. *cries

Advaith: Darn, I thought a watched sim led such a fabulous life!
All I've done so far is play chess, tend the garden, and craft treats! When does the cool part start?

Jet: Welcome to dynasty serfdom, Advaith! Did you say you aspire to become Fabulously Wealthy?
Since you are entirely unskilled, Lone and I will help with your aspiration if you help my future vet practice.
Lone: Hey! How did I get roped into helping with Advaith's aspiration?

Thursday

Jet: *calls Scamp over then lectures him on eating human food
Scamp: I definitely was NOT! What makes you think I've been eating human food?

Jet: You're an extremely sly and clever dog, Scamp, but I have my ways.

Lone: Is that you I hear sobbing in the shower, Advaith?
Advaith: Yes, it is. Our watcher hates me.

Lone: Well, she gave you a makeover during the free day after all. Aren't you happy about that?
Advaith: No! The only reason I got one is because she wanted to give Jet body hair.

Jet: What can I say, Advaith? What's the point of setting priorities if you don't…um, prioritize?
By the way, the man bun's a good look for you.

I've been trying all morning, unsuccessfully I might add, to leave the house.
Gent summons me with a mournful cry, complaining that he needs a clean litterbox.
(A quick check reveals that Dhruv is diligently mopping up that bathroom where the litterbox is located.)

Then Gent starts shooting out sparkles and ages up to a handsome adult cat.

I finally make my getaway and head for the Sable Square quarter of Brindleton Bay.
Here, Watchette builds me the beginnings of a vet clinic.
*whispers: I'm ashamed to say how much she spent, considering it looks like a fairy tale barn.
Hey, it's what's inside that counts. For now, at least.

Because I have the Friend to the Animals aspiration, I can use the Friendliest Introduction when meeting pets.
To my delight, that's all it took to befriend my first patient.

Dr. Jet: It seems that you have Blazing Tooties, dawg. Please come with me to the surgery station.
Patient: Awwww, no! Surgery? *trudges over dejectedly
Patient's owner: Oh no! I knew I should have signed up for pet medical insurance!

Dr. J: After a vascular scan provides a surgical solution, I begin operating.
Part of me wants to perform and charge for the brain and intestinal scans, too.
But what greedy idiot would scan the brain and intestines for a case of blazing tootsies?

Here's an overhead shot of my vet clinic.
As you can see, it's not entirely furnished or functional yet.
But I have one exam room, the surgery room, an office, and one restroom.

Friday

It's 1:30 a.m. when I finish with my last customer.
It's the end of a long day. Not bad, considering it's opening day.

My veterinarian skills rose two levels to 6.
And I earn enough perk points for Additional Vet #1 and Lower Employee Training Costs.
Obviously, I still need to give my clinic a name. What about….50 Shades of Spay?

Scamp: What? I'm not allowed to enjoy myself while Dr. Jet is off raking in the cash?
Oh wait, $1,300 in 16 hours is only…counts on his paws…$81.25 an hour. Is that good?
Isn't it easier and quicker to paint, Jet?

Jet: It's actually nice to not to worry about my uncontrolled family's needs.
And I've been really stressed about the home lot's doors not locking properly, so I escape that, too.
I miss you and Gent, of course.
Scamp: Of course!

Saturday

Before dawn, I pay a quick visit to the Vatores to introduce myself to Lilith.
Then we travel together to Vlad's home for a drink.

Lilith: I've been meaning to ask, Vlad. Did you resume your "Introducer to the Vampire Community" role, that role which grants you immortality?
Vlad: Well, you'll just have to ask a recently-transformed vampire if I texted them, won't you?

Vlad: You have GOT to be kidding me! And I so loved my new dark form, too!
Jet: No hard feelings, Vlad! I noticed you never texted me when I turned.
I'm thinking that, when you're human, you lose the special "Introducer" trait that makes you immortal.

Lilith: And what have you got against me?
I even had a child with your pollinator, the unforgettable whatz-his-name.
Jet: You mean, Masato Ikeda. The perfect household size for a future Lee home is 2 sims, sweetheart, not 3.

Week 20/Sunday

Scamp and Gent are constantly hungry.
I'm beginning suspect that nobody feeds them while I'm at the vet clinic, either.

I prepare gourmet pet food for each of them, then buy extra bowls for them.
That should keep their gluttonous tummies full! Time to feed my "human pets" next.

Just as I start preparing Garlic Noodles, I'm notified that Gent has run away.
The little rascal waited until after I'd served him his gourmet meal!

I immediately post a missing feline alert and begin reconsidering my present lifestyle.
First, I downsize the garden by 50%. It's too much work, even with my clubmates helping.

I'm also thinking of bulldozing and selling off my vet clinic. I'll need to sleep on that.

Monday

I spend the rest of the evening out walking around with Scamp in Brindleton Bay, looking for Gent.
He's not by the docks near Salty Paws Saloon nor by that fountain in Sable Square.

When we arrive home at 1:30 am, tired and hungry, I learn that Gent has returned.
He's even brought me a gift! He looks filthy, so I take him to my clinic in case he has fleas.
But he's fine, just a bit road-weary. Welcome home, Gent!

Gen4 Jet Lee's's current score: 5/10

Author's Note

The Twins: We are about 8 sim-hours away from the twins Iconica and Unru's toddler birthday.
Initially, I'd planned to end this update with their toddler portraits. However, Gent decided to steal the spotlight.

Unoccupied Houses: After my near-mistake with moving Aarohi Anand into a house, I asked the Challenges Team about the "8 occupied houses/apartments" rule.
Apart from the two immortal vampire households, Gen3 Merri's household, and Gen4 Jet's household, there needs to be three or fewer occupied houses/apartments before we can move an unplayed household into a vacant house.
This explains why Jet went after Vlad again. Also, I have no idea why I thought pollinating the Villareal would be a good idea.
The Villareal estate is nice and big, yes, but the house sits far from the lot's entry point. That's a recipe for sims passing out after work.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: A Gentleman and a Skedaddler (02/07)
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2018, 12:36:51 PM »
Oh, yeah! "Coconut palms and banyan trees and coral sands and Tonkinese!" I've seen South Pacific many times, but had no idea that was just a made-up word. Gent is a very handsome cat, though!

Bummer about the Pear family! The game is so capricious! It moves people in just to move them out again. Grrr! That's especially frustrating in a challenge dependent on housed Sims. Ah, well. At least Jet has saved the lovely Aarohi from loneliness in "not in world."

Oh, Advaith. That's quite a trio of traits! You poor fellow. The sobbing in the shower shot is hilariously tragic. He does rock the man bun, though, and the adorable anniversary shirt. Maybe there's hope for you yet.

Your fairy tale barn is adorable! I would totally bring my pets there!

Naughty Gent! Stealing the show like that. Glad to see he's safely back home.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »

Lilith: And what have you got against me?
I even had a child with your pollinator, the unforgettable whatz-his-name.
Jet: You mean, Masato Ikeda. The perfect household size for a future Lee home is 2 sims, sweetheart, not 3.

Ouch Jet that's cold ;D Is Caleb allowed to stay Vampire or are you changing him too?
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2018, 04:55:17 PM »
@FrancescaFiori
Haha, I was prettty sure you would get the South Pacific reference!
Mr. Pear's name was actually something Sharma but I gave him that nickname because of his body shape.
Since he would never be a spouse prospect and resided in house too small to hold an heir's household, I'm rather glad he left.
The timing though was very capricious, as you say, and very misleading.

My standards have lowered--I'm happy with any sim who can avoid passing out and bladder failures.
I'm also happy to note that all the household members and clubmates have been pitching in whenever the nooboos cry.
As for housed sims, I realized too late that machine-gun pollinating like in an immortal dynasty was not the way to go!

@wa-wa-world
Lol, you are very observant. Jet will not be curing Caleb.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2018, 08:43:32 PM »
I thought the fairy tale barn was adorable!!  I mean, if you need to bulldoze it, I guess I'll struggle through somehow, but I think it's just nifty!
Poor Saanvi.  I mean, Aarohi is lovely, but I feel bad for poor Saanvi.
Can't wait to see the twins!!  And the Jet/Aarohi baby?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2018, 01:03:56 AM »
@PeregrineTook
Lol, thanks for the compliment on the fairy tale barn. Things have gotten worse for poor Jet. The clinic's exterior is now the least of his problems!
Sorry, but I don't feel bad for Saanvi at all. She let the rest of the household and Jet's clubmates take care of the nooboos for two whole days.

This next update was so exhausting for me. I need to try and fix my game. :(

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Born Under a Bad Sign
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2018, 01:15:16 AM »
4.28: Born Under a Bad Sign

Previously:
Jet maxed Gardening, finished Renaissance Sim, and became good friends with Iconica and Unru for a total of 5 points.

Week 20/Monday

Jet: I'm so glad you're back, Gent!
Everyone in the house (except Scamp) missed you so much!
Gent: *grins

Jet: *feels the love
Gent (plotting): The question is how do I keep Jet focused on me without having to run away?
Leaving home was rather inconvenient, to say the least!
And I see Jet's given me a second bowl!

Scamp: I didn't mind Gent running away at all!
While looking for Gent, Jet took me on walks all over Brindleton Bay.
How long has it been since Jet and I spent hours together like that, just chilling?

But now I'm back to begging Lone for a little attention. *sighs

Scamp: My favorite sim around, besides Jet, is Dhruv!
He'll play with me without me even having to ask him first.

Jet: Still several hours to go before the twins age up, so I take the gang to Perfect Balance Spa.
Saanvi stays home with the girls, since she reached Wellness 7 from while she was in my club.
Scamp stops by to express his yogic solidarity.

Gent: I'm a prowler! A prowler's gotta prowl!
You'd think Jet could have sent me prowling before the yoga class started!

We stop by Brindleton Bay for breakfast on the way home, where I run into Noodle. Remember him?
During my frustrating adoption process, Noodle visited our house with Peanut Butter.
I ended up adopting Peanut Butter and renaming him Gent.

Still, I'm happy that Noodle remembers me and becomes my friend.

We rush home as soon as I'm notified of the twins' birthdays.
Iconica and Unru are practically identical twins, except maybe their lips.

Unru Lee, our second-born, is a wild toddler.
As you can see, she is in the most horrid mood because she's dead tired.

That's partly my fault. I should have returned home an hour before the girls aged up.
Then I could have ensured that they were fed and rested before their birthdays.
Why only partly? Because I hadn't imagined that their mother would fail to feed them.

Iconica Lee, our Gen5 heir, is a clingy toddler.
After she eats, I have a terrible time putting her to bed.

Advaith, who'd been standing outside after work, decides that HE would pick her up.
As a result, I'm blocked from picking Iconica up and tucking her into bed.
And after waiting hours on Advaith, all he does is pick her up then put her right back down.

A begrudging congrats, Advaith, on your promotion to Apprentice Inventor (6 points).

Tuesday

Iconica (to herself): It's the middle of the night and I'm still exhausted, but I'm too hungry to sleep.
Why is Mama watching me instead of giving me something to eat?

Gent: Pssst, Iconica! Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Gent Lee, prowler par excellence.
You're starving, right?
Iconica: *nods

Gent: Your mother never breastfed you even once while you were in a bassinet.
So don't be expecting much from her now. You see that case in your bedroom?
Iconica: *nods again

Gent: Your father will keep that case supplied with meals for you and Unru.
You can go and grab a serving for yourself. Go ahead and try it.
Iconica: *waddles off

Gent: And because things around here aren't hectic enough, we have a vampire breaking in.
I'm just standing there like a Tonkinese in headlights when, to my great relief, Jet summons me.

Jet: I relock all the exterior doors to allow only the household and my clubmates access.
As soon as the vampire reaches the porch, she turns back around and leaves.
Crisis averted!

Gent: Look at Scamp, sleeping so peacefully!
Is it bad if I want to disturb his happy slumber by waking him up?

That's right, Advaith. You are locked out of the toddler's room!
You've no need whatsoever to take the toddler's food when there's so much other food in the kitchen.
Likewise, you've no need to read--of all places--on a toddler's bed.

Jet: I haven't decided who's worst yet. On one hand, Saanvi has been no help at all.
Meanwhile, Advaith tries to help but often ends up interrupting me instead.

Jet: Yes, I'm bathing Iconica on the front porch. There's only one bathroom on the first floor.
When I placed a bath in it, everyone wanted to take a bubble bath then got playful.
So now the bath only comes out when the girls or Scamp need a bath.

Jet: I roll a 75-point whim for woohoo, which adds another 1,000 satisfaction points (7 points).

Jet: No, I haven't opened my vet clinic, although I dearly wish I could.
When I'm away from home, even with Saanvi at home, the toddlers' needs go unattended.
Saanvi manages to look after her own needs but the girls' needs plunge deep into the red.

That's why, when Scamp wasn't feeling well, I brought home my vet equipment.
Anyway, he has a simple case of fleas which can be easily treated.

Oh and congrats to Lone for earning a promotion to Imaginative Imagist (8 points).

Jet: And what's wrong with you now? *sighs
Oh? You need some attention from me? Doesn't everyone?
First you need hugs and then you're hungry? *checks the bowls
Okay, I see you can only consider one bowl at a time as "yours." I just can't win.

Wednesday

Early in the morning, I become good friends with Dhruv. (9 points).
Quite unintentionally, I also max charisma in the process. (11 points).

It's been exactly a week since our last free day.
Looks like it's time to start our second one!

Free Day #2 (11 points)

Promotions (3): Lone/Painter 5-6, Advaith/Scientist 2
Satisfaction (1): +1,000 points
Good friends (3): Iconica Lee, Unru Lee, and Dhruv Nair
Maxed skill/job/aspiration (4):
   Skill: Jet/Gardening and Charisma

Author's Note

At this point, I've begun to believe that my game is seriously bugged.

There's something constantly wrong with my pets. I ask each one "What's wrong?" several times each day.
Also, the toddlers' needs continue decaying whenever Jet is away from home.
The girls are always sad, starving, angry, or asleep.
Aside from potty training, Jet has not been able to help Iconica with skilling at all.
So, after two full days, all Iconica's skills are still Level 1, except for her Level 2 Potty skill. Unru's exactly the same.
I've never experienced this much trouble with toddlers before in any game.

Oh well, time to go delete my Origin and game cache files, then repair my game.
Cross your fingers for me that Mr. Pear doesn't decide to move back into the neighborhood!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Born Under a Bad Sign (02/08)
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2018, 02:00:57 AM »
First, the twins' names are amazing! I'm so delighted. I think Unru might be my fave so far, especially since she's Wild!

Second, Oh no! Those are some nasty bugs you've got going on! I'm hoping hard your efforts to correct things pan out.
I will say I've been having the same issue with toddler needs not being taken care of when they're at home and the active sim is off the lot. I only leave them when their needs are full lately because nobody's taking care of them when I'm not there. It's maddening.
So, it may not entirely be Saanvi being useless . . . although she does seem pretty useless. Thank goodness Gent is picking up the slack!

Of course Gent is the star of this update again! I love the shot of him hanging out by Jet's feet in the yoga class. It's such a cat thing to do!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2018, 02:37:23 AM »
Unruly! Iconically! That's very good. I thought the first few names were excellent (Dudley, Motley), and didn't know where you'd go from there. Turns out you've got plenty options.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2018, 05:01:06 AM »
 The girls are two cute! Man, go up to visit my sister and I miss two updates! XD Wow, those bugs are awful.  I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time :(

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2018, 08:31:18 AM »
The twins are so cute!!
Sorry to hear that Saanvi has remained so unhelpful, though it seems Advaith is competing with her for worst "helper."  Who will win this epic battle?
Looking forward to seeing the fun that happens on the free day  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2018, 06:14:46 PM »
@FrancescaFiori
I'm glad you like the twins' names! Now I wish I'd saved Unru for an heir, lol.
The unattended toddlers' need thing really killed my simming pleasure yesterday! I'm sorry to hear it's plaguing you, too.
I will say I've been having the same issue with toddler needs not being taken care of when they're at home and the active sim is off the lot.I only leave them when their needs are full lately because nobody's taking care of them when I'm not there. It's maddening.
What's sad is that the best time for skilling toddlers is when their needs are full. :(

I've spent the last 8 hours trying to fix my game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And yes, I absolutely adore Gent! He's my favorite creature in this household!

@Heartfoam
More Lee puns forthcoming! I've made a whole list to choose from!

@Shewolf13
The girls are adorable but I'm burned out on them for now, haha. I'll try playing them again tomorrow.

@PeregrineTook
If only I can elevate the girls' need bars out of the very blue or very red zones!
I always aim to skip through the free day so as to proceed directly to the next free day. I rarely succeed.

anything