Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 10.70: Faina Lee, Finished! (Completed 19/06/2018)  (Read 143583 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: His Secret Service (03/22)
« Reply #255 on: March 22, 2018, 10:57:27 PM »
You are so rocking this dynasty!!  And I'm so impressed with your ability to allow uncontrolled Sims to just do their thing.
I like to think that Unru is very helpful.  She's at least earning promotions and such.
His secret service, eh?  I see...

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #256 on: March 23, 2018, 03:35:41 AM »
I like you writing style i find it funny.
And what a twist with Ralph, very sneaky there.
And you are really pushing through, keep going.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #257 on: March 23, 2018, 11:19:10 AM »
Of course I want caleb to marry into the fam he's great!

I'm not sure if it's the sickness brain but I got really confused about how Charity wasn't related to Bull, I reread the whole thing and its cool now haha
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #258 on: March 23, 2018, 01:24:14 PM »
Ralph, you sly dog! You kept your secret service secret very well. I never would have known. But those side-by-side shots! The boys are as handsome as their daddy!
Love Charity Bjergsen's makeover! She's a stunner, and good news about not being related. These pollinator family trees can get really complex!
I do hope to do one of these Townie Dynasties one day, so your point-earning strategy is interesting to me, but if you're wanting to change things up to keep it enjoyable for yourself, then I'm all for it! I can always reference earlier chapters for the nitty-gritty of balancing point gains and losses. I'm excited to see what you come up with for a new style!
The resurrection of Dominic Fyres is possibly the oddest glitch so far! How weird! I'm glad he decided to take the hint after his eviction and disappear on his own.
I'm very glad your internet connection has been restored! Ours goes out every now and then and I very much sympathize with your plight. What to do?

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #259 on: March 23, 2018, 10:54:20 PM »
and here we were all feeling sorry for Iconica. lol. Good job, you two. And the boys are so dang cute. Here's hoping this gen has a smoother life than their Mama, who is still doing awesome despite all the crud she has had to put up with.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #260 on: March 23, 2018, 11:06:24 PM »
Aww, I love Iconica. She's been dealt a rough set of cards, but she's managed to find the bright side in just about everything! She's so good <3 And I just love that the secret service bit ;) Good for her!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Iconically Free!
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2018, 04:19:50 AM »
@PeregrineTook
Hah, I don't feel like I'm "rocking" this challenge but I'm moving ever forward, at least.
And I'm doing a horrid job of, as you say, "letting uncontrolled sims do their thing." I attempt to somehow "herd" them every moment I can, lol.
You're absolutely right! Unru brings in promotions regularly and is never a nuisance. Surprisingly, Deft earned the most points after Iconica, though.
What? You didn't like the title? I thought it sound rather James Bond-ish, hahaha.

@LenaLJ
I'm so glad that you are entertained by this story. This type of challenge is very hard for me which is, I guess, a good reason to challenge my usual gameplay.
Thank you for the encouragement! I could really use some. :D

@wa-wa-world
Your wish will eventually be granted. It's really confusing with my over-active pollinator.
When I added the Gen3 pollinator to their family tree, it was too crazy. Masato Ikeda's the father to Ralph, Adelynn, her uncle Brooks, um, and many more, lol.
The important thing is: Bull and Charity are not related, hehe.

@FrancescaFiori
Oddly, the twins don't look much like Ralph as teens except perhaps their nose.
I've still kept the info about the source of  each free day's points, but I'm letting go of the need to screenshot every point-earned moment, lol. That approach was leaving me little else to write about. (There's also a recap of total points by heir on the Stats page).
But, you know, I'm not a good model for this challenge; I've had so much trouble juggling points!
Bull Lee may turned out to be another scamp, but a charming scamp he'll be.

@dontmindme
Oh, now I feel awful about keeping it secret that long. Just trying to have a bit of fun with the challenge. When the twins were born, I seized the fact that they didn't have red hair as an opportunity. :D  Some generations, it seems, the heir has to shoulder more of of the point-earning responsibility than others. Iconica was practically a one-woman show!

@rika1431
I'm proud of Iconica--she's done a good job of keeping the points rolling in. And, perhaps because the house/lot is smaller, Iconica's the first household without a single bladder failure or passing out. In this challenge, both incidents happen so easily.

5.40: Iconically Free!

Week 27/Wednesday

Ralph: Near the end of our free day, I queue up all the missions I can, that would be 7.
With my fifth space mission, I complete the space rocks collection.
Eh, I bet every Lee generation has completed the collection of four space rocks!

Ralph: But I win a space race on my last mission and the prize is a UFO plant! Finally!
You know why a complete garden collection is a big deal, right?
It's the only collection that can travel with an heir who moves out.
It's such a prize for dynastic challenges where each heir must move out and start over!

Iconica: Dearest Ralph, allow me to reward you for your non-stop space missions since yesterday afternoon!
Ralph: Gladly, my lady fair.
Iconica: I don't know. One kiss seems hardly sufficient for your magnificent feat!

Iconica: *breathless
Ralph: *speechless

Thursday

Jet: Why are we visiting the empty house across the street, my lovely daughter?
Iconica: I'm reading my twins' Books of Life before we head out to the park.

Bull (left): I'm pretty relieved that this isn't one of those "Vote for the Heir" challenges!
Deft (right): Yeah, you automatically become the Gen6 Lee heir for being first-born!
If there were a vote, you know everyone would pick me!
Bull: I don't know, Deft. I'm developing a certain irresistible charm, if you ask me!

Iconica: Look who else I invite along with us to the park! It's Gent!
He's looking as devilishly dapper as always!

Ralph: Wow, Gent! I never knew that tom cats went into heat!
Gent: Normally they don't. But your lovely wife didn't have any catnip on her so…nuzzlenip.
Doesn't she know that only female cats in active households can have kittens? Sheesh!
Now what am I supposed to do?

Iconica: I feel small-minded about not wanting to write an Epic Saga about Brooks.
When I start the process, I'm surprised to discover that I can even write one about Scamp.
What does that mean exactly? Can I refill his needs? Can I bring him back from the dead?

Friday

Iconica: I've been in denial about receiving Ralph's Celebrate birthday notice yesterday afternoon.
But I can't stand seeing his age bar bubbling any longer. 
Ralph dear, you're still as gorgeous as ever!
Ralph: Oh please! Don’t treat me like I'm ancient. You'll be an adult soon, too!

You would never know that Bull and Deft are going through Rebellious and Mean phases, respectively.
When they come home from school, I don't even need to remind them about their homework.
Should I feel concerned, though, about Bull's "mad scientist" eyes?

Ralph is right, of course! We are all growing older. Unru and I will soon be adults.
And just imagine. Our little boys become teenagers next Wednesday!

Deft: Between me and Bull, I am the hipper one in my Selvadoradan vest.
I'm all ready to rock n rumbasim!

Bull: Mooooom, why are we on vacation here? Everyone's going to Selvadorada these days!
Deft: Seriously! Granite Falls is soooooo last year!
Ralph: Well, technically, Outdoor Retreat was released in 2015 so it's even older than that!

Iconica: Oh hush, all three of you. I'm going to learn herbalism to support your teen adventures in Selvadorada.
Bull: You're the best, Mama!
Iconica: Don't I know it!

I immediately rush over to the kiosk and buy a book on Herbalism.
Honestly, I could have bought this book at home but it's nice to get away for a change.
Papa and Uncle Lone aren't getting any younger, either.

Jet: You'll be the next heir soon, Bull. Can you tell me when the last free day is?
Bull: We're planning to start it 4-5 hours before our teen birthday in 5 days on Wednesday.

Jet: And how are the points coming along?
Bull: Well, we don't want to earn points too fast, right Grandpa Jet? We have 3 points so far, which is fine.
Mama hired a butler then earned 1,000 satisfaction, and we had 3 career promotions. (3 points)

Jet: A valiant effort, Iconica, but you know as well as I do that our watcher doesn't collect insects.
Iconica: There's always a first time, Papa! Why doesn't she take the time to learn where the spawners are?
Jet: Patience isn't one of her virtues, I guess.
Iconica: Anyway, three useful remedies are better than none, right?

Saturday

Yo Scamp! Stop screening your calls and pick up the darn phone!
We're in the Deep Woods now and I'm calling to invite you here! You're not going to pick up?
Next time your smartphone breaks, dawg, you're on your own!

Scamp: Hmmph! Took you long enough to figure out you could click the whistle to summon me!
Iconica: Still doesn't explain why you weren't picking up!
Scamp: Eh, you're not the boss of me much longer!

Bull: You got it right, Scamp. From now on, it's you and me, buddy!
And I won't be waiting four weeks for us to become good friends, either!
Scamp: Noice! *side-eyes Iconica

Iconica: Sure, rub it in, why don't you?
You weren't born yet, Bull, but my first husband and Mama died within 2 days of each other.
I don't need to defend my actions to you two! *flings her hair back and stalks away

Week 28/Sunday

After breakfast, I'm playing horseshoes with the twins.
I'm feeling rather proud of myself for having crafted five different herbal remedies.

Suddenly, Uncle Lone lifts his arm to protect his eyes from the sun's glare and Papa does the same.
I'm whooshed away to fish at the far end of the campgrounds while my family grieves.
I cut this vacation short, while wondering what will become of Gent.

Tuesday

We are moving right along with our pointage, mostly through my efforts obviously.
On Monday, I hire a butler (2) but max herbalism (4 points).

Today, I also hire a butler (3), but become good friends with my half-brother Nikolai Anand (4).
Then, I proceed to max Pet Training with Scamp. (6 points)
After school lets out, I go into Full Parent Mode and earn 1,000 satisfaction. *sparkles (7 points)

In the evening, Adelynn brings home a promotion. (8 points)

Methinks it's time to order pizza delivery… (7 points)
Don't worry, folks! I still have two Level 9 skills waiting in the wings. *winks
And an hour later, Deft maxes his Motor skill. See what I'm saying? (9 points)

You probably find all this delaying of free days needlessly confusing.
Believe me, the more time Deft can control as a teen, the better for Bull when they move out!

Wednesday

Of course, I've kept the butler since I'm sure Bull wants to keep one around. (8 points)
It's around 6 pm when I max Veterinarian while doing lab work. (10 points)
(For some reason, my level stopped rising while crafting Age-Down Treats.)

Four hours after our fifth and final free day starts, the twins age up!
Vegetarian Bull Lee is now insane and an aspiring Archaeology Scholar.
Geeky Deft Lee is now self-assured and already close to finishing Fabulously Wealthy.

Dear Bull, hurry and don the heir's mantle! I'm so very weary of the task!

Free Day #5 (10 points)
Promotions (4):
       Career (4): Unru/Scientist 8, Brook/Scientist 5-6, Adelynn/Tech Guru 5
Satisfaction points (2): +1,000 pts x2
Good friends (1): Nikolai Anand
Maxed skill/job/aspiration (8 ):
     Skills (8 ):  Iconica/Herbalism, Pet Training, Veterinarian; Deft/Mental
NPC hire (-5): Butler x4, Pizza x1

Iconica Lee's Total (50 points)
Promotions (17):
     Career (13): Unru/Scientist (4), Adelynn/TechGuru (5), Brooks/Scientist (4)
     School (4): Bull (2), Deft (2)
Household funds (4): +$30,000 x2
Satisfaction points (5): +1,000 sp x5
Good friends (6)
Social event (1): Gold-medal date
Maxed skill/aspiration/job (32):
     Skills (30): Iconica (20), Ralph (2), Deft (6), Bull (2)
     Aspiration (2): Iconica/Best-Selling Author
     Career: None
Wishing well (1): Promotion wish
NPC hires (-11): Butler x8, Pizza x2, Nanny x1
Unnatural death (-5): Mehdi Mandir/hysteria

NOTES:
Dog walking: I've cruelly misjudged Saanvi Joyson, spouse of the Gen4 heir Jet!
I read a thread on the official Sims forum that the short/medium/long walks are designed for Brindleton Bay. That seems like an odd design but also explains why Saanvi would leave for a "short walk" in Windenburg Countryside then not return after 10 sim-hours.

Baker's Cousin Display Case: Since Gen5 of this dynasty, my beloved case has re-emerged from family inventory even after the toddlers years. Whenever a non-household sim cooks, my heir can "put away" that meal in the fridge but I can't move it anywhere but to family inventory OR to the Baker's Case. When dynasty life gets too hectic, I'll have my heir's clubmates cook then stash some of the meals in family inventory, leaving a few in the Baker's Case.

Gent: The Tudor Bungalow where Gent lived with Jet and Lone Lee is now vacant.
I can't check pet adoptions because the household is full until sim-tomorrow….dun dun dun.

Stay tuned until next time! Thanks for reading. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Iconically Free! (03/24)
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2018, 09:09:47 AM »
Sad way to end a vacation, but the boys are going to have fun in Selvadora.
Despite her delayed start, Iconica did everything in time.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2018, 09:17:40 AM »
Nice shot of the teen boys!  Bull looks so stoic while Deft just looks like he's up to something.
You know, there's something about their facial features that slightly reminds me of Dean from Supernatural.
Another lovely update.  Ironica is such a sweet and caring mom trying to get all the things set up for her son to have success as heir even as she, herself, is hoping to soon be finished being the heir.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2018, 09:51:49 AM »
Wow, the boys are pretty.  Lol, don't feel bad about keeping it secret, it was fun and I enjoyed reading this part. Iconica deserves everything she can get with how much she's done to progress her dynasty. Congrats to her for completing her part. Good luck, Bull, on stepping into those shoes. Is Deft coming along to pollinate? It would be a shame for those genes to go to waste.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2018, 04:09:02 PM »
Wow the boys already teens, another generation done, you are doing awesome.
Even though that double death was heartbreaking.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2018, 06:03:29 PM »
You're moving along well. You know, you're a big motivator for the challenges on this forum. Go oshizu!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2018, 06:56:31 PM »
At last! Congratulations to Iconica on passing the torch. I hope she gets to put her feet up and maybe have a nice bath after all that work she's done. She maxed so many skills! She's practically a super-sim!

The boys are so handsome. I love Bull's hair!

Nice to catch a glimpse of Gent. I'm very nervous about what has happened to him now that his household has passed away. Keep me posted!

Scamp screening his calls cracked me up. I still think it's so silly that pets can be called up and invited places by phone, but I suppose it's not the silliest thing in this game by far.

I'm so happy to hear the boys will be heading off to the jungle! I hope this is a nice vacation for the family as well as Watchette! Enjoy!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »
Wowza!  Amazing what I miss when i have limited internet XD So much has happened!  Congrats on getting to hand it off to Bull already!  You really are just zooming through (to us readers anyway hehehe).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #269 on: April 02, 2018, 03:41:47 PM »

Sad way to end a vacation, but the boys are going to have fun in Selvadora.
Despite her delayed start, Iconica did everything in time.
Thank you for reading. I'm hoping that Papa Jet and Uncle Lone enjoyed their final days, surrounded by family.
Iconica's reign was plagued by deaths and all sorts of glitches, but she managed all five free days anyway. Quel soulagement!

Nice shot of the teen boys!  Bull looks so stoic while Deft just looks like he's up to something.
You know, there's something about their facial features that slightly reminds me of Dean from Supernatural.
Another lovely update.  Ironica is such a sweet and caring mom trying to get all the things set up for her son to have success as heir even as she, herself, is hoping to soon be finished being the heir.
The teens' portraits are funny because Bull's actually the prankster, not Deft.
So far, Iconica has been the most disadvantaged yet hardest-working heir of all. She's also a beautiful sim!

Wow, the boys are pretty.  Lol, don't feel bad about keeping it secret, it was fun and I enjoyed reading this part. Iconica deserves everything she can get with how much she's done to progress her dynasty. Congrats to her for completing her part. Good luck, Bull, on stepping into those shoes. Is Deft coming along to pollinate? It would be a shame for those genes to go to waste.
As soon as the first hubby died, I thought, "Noooo, nooboos!" and immediately had Ralph come over.
I was hoping at least one of the boys would have red hair to give their secret away. I agree about Iconica--she's been such a trooper.
As for Deft, he'll definitely come along but won't pollinate. If I were to redo this dynasty (but I won't, lol), I would completely revise my (uninformed) approach to pollination.
As the situation stands, I'm still waiting for the Villareals to vacate their house and I have too many occupied houses to move in recently spawned not-in-the-world townies.
So yeah, too much pollination is not a good thing for this dynasty. The vampire strategies of MarianT and reggiko, though, are pure gold!

Wow the boys already teens, another generation done, you are doing awesome.
Even though that double death was heartbreaking.
Poor Iconica, really. Her "reign" as the Gen5 heir was bookended by double deaths. Her first husband and mother died within 2 days of each other, then her father died minutes after his brother. Such bad luck!

You're moving along well. You know, you're a big motivator for the challenges on this forum. Go oshizu!
Thank you! You finished your Townie Dynasty so quietly and quickly, that I'm inspired now to finish mine! I am grateful to you and the Sharebears for giving me the incentive to stop whining and just play though this challenge. Lol!

At last! Congratulations to Iconica on passing the torch. I hope she gets to put her feet up and maybe have a nice bath after all that work she's done. She maxed so many skills! She's practically a super-sim!
      The boys are so handsome. I love Bull's hair!
      Nice to catch a glimpse of Gent. I'm very nervous about what has happened to him now that his household has passed away. Keep me posted!
      Scamp screening his calls cracked me up. I still think it's so silly that pets can be called up and invited places by phone, but I suppose it's not the silliest thing in this game by far.
      I'm so happy to hear the boys will be heading off to the jungle! I hope this is a nice vacation for the family as well as Watchette! Enjoy!
To be honest, Iconica was rather forced to keep skilling to earn 39 points of the total 66 earned (+16 to make up for Mehdir's death and the NPC hires). So, yes, she's very happy to retire as heir!
       Gent was invited to the park to see if he'd needed an Age-Down Treat. I should have given him one, though that would've made him a kitten.
       Bull is not enthused about not being the first to explore Selvadorada, but I've only finished exploring the temple once, so I'm super excited, haha! I wasn't planning take any family (since I can only control Bull) but you're right! A larger rental, it is!

Wowza!  Amazing what I miss when i have limited internet XD So much has happened!  Congrats on getting to hand it off to Bull already!  You really are just zooming through (to us readers anyway hehehe).
I know you are more about the story, but I'm sure you also realize how maddening this challenge can be. :D
So, I'm not playing any faster, only covering more in-game days per update.
And I'm really curious if my game will behave better on a different lot. *crosses fingers

anything