Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 10.70: Faina Lee, Finished! (Completed 19/06/2018)  (Read 143837 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
I laughed way too hard at the Salsa thing XD Loved the maid and seeing how the towns were set up ^^ JD! Woo!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
I love your show of the world, its always interesting to see what happend after 7 generations.
Having predefined spouses must be nice. But will it ever be true love?
And cant get over that they changed insane to Erratic, i am so confused every time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
It seems like Kari is going to be quite good for Salsa!  Between her lovely self and Jungle Dawg, Salsa should be well taken care of!
You've made such good progress in this dynasty and you're getting so close to the end!  I'll have to hurry up with my IDC or you'll beat me to the HoF!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Jungle Dawg stole the show, as always. I love how he teased Guaca about his name after everyone else messed it up.  Kari, however, better learn her future husband's name!  Or at least come up with her own cute nickname for him.

Thanks for the overview of your Simverse.  A picture really is worth a thousand words, and your post really helps me "see" it.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Ferdinand! Because he's a Bull, but he's peaceful and loveable! Bull is totally my fave, and I'm going to miss him a lot. He's been such a fun heir.
The Salsa thing is just cracking me up. Poor guy! Not even his future lady love can get it right. I mean, come on guys. Both are delicious with tortilla chips, but Salsa and Guacamole are completely different dips. Get it straight! :)
So happy to see Jungle Dawg back in action! He never looks happier or more at home than when prancing across that rope bridge in Selvadorada.
Loved the tour of the world, too! Very interesting to see how your strategy started out.
@FrancescaFiori
Despite his lousy traits, Bull was such a delight to play. I'm not even sure why some generations are so much easier to play than others.
Bull's household has been the best so far. Maybe it was just all the bugs following the Cats & Dogs pre-patch.
Thanks for laughing at the salsa/guacamole silliness. And yes, Jungle Dawg loves Selvadorada because he doesn't have to compete with the heir's attention there.
He is really an attention hog.
My strategy, lol. I planned my world around only gradually visiting neighborhoods to postpone the spawning of neighborhood move-ins.
But I got excited about collecting frogs and totally forgot the plan, visiting Magnolia Blossom Park during the second generation. Haha. Live and learn!

I laughed way too hard at the Salsa thing XD Loved the maid and seeing how the towns were set up ^^ JD! Woo!
@Shewolf13
Thank you always being amused by my corny lines. It gets hard to make repetitive actions seem unique after seven generations. :D

I love your show of the world, its always interesting to see what happend after 7 generations.
Having predefined spouses must be nice. But will it ever be true love?
And cant get over that they changed insane to Erratic, i am so confused every time.
@LenaLJ
My simverse is completely empty now except for the vampires, an uncle, and sims I've kept alive.
I'm so happy the game stopped moving male pear-shaped sims into my neighborhoods, hahaha.
As for the possibility of true love, I've reserved only the sims with the best traits living in the nicest houses in great neighborhoods.
Personally, I think that's a great foundation for love to bloom! :D
Also, I'm so tired of turning sims and curing vampires now! Only two more houses to go now!

It seems like Kari is going to be quite good for Salsa!  Between her lovely self and Jungle Dawg, Salsa should be well taken care of!
You've made such good progress in this dynasty and you're getting so close to the end!  I'll have to hurry up with my IDC or you'll beat me to the HoF!

@PeregrineTook
I think you, more than anyone else, will enjoy Kari's makeover. ;-)
And, yes, the lot is filled with house but Guaca and company are doing okay, I guess.
Haha, I still have three more heirs to play so something like 13 more updates at my current pace. I'm still pretty far from completion.
But yeah, hurry up with your Tooks!

Jungle Dawg stole the show, as always. I love how he teased Guaca about his name after everyone else messed it up.  Kari, however, better learn her future husband's name!  Or at least come up with her own cute nickname for him.

Thanks for the overview of your Simverse.  A picture really is worth a thousand words, and your post really helps me "see" it.
@BallerinaHippo
Jungle Dawg really hates to be just one face in the crowd, lol. Like JD, I also love those 13-day teen stages when the heir doesn't have to tally or even care about points.
I spent a little time trying to think of a cute nickname that riffed off Guacamo Lee, but came up....nada. :(
About the setup, I really tried to plan the lots so that activities would initially focus on San Myshuno and Newcrest but, looking back, my starting plan was flawed.
Because I started in Willow Creek then moved to San Myshuno, so I was already spawning townies in three zones: those two plus my commercial district (Newcrest).
My favorite times in this challenge: hanging out with JD.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: It's Only Guac n Roll (1 May 2018)
« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2018, 04:13:05 AM »
7.50: It's Only Guac n Roll

…But I like it!

Week 35/Saturday

Guacamo: Just now, Papa Ramiro ages up to an elder, then Paize and I age up to young adults.
As you might imagine, my thoughts quickly shift to dreams of love and marriage.

Luckily for me, the Romance Festival is in town. Of course, I invite Kari Alonzo!

Kari is a creative, materialistic vegetarian. I'm also a vegetarian (as well as evil and erratic).
She is very pretty and we get along well, but I worry about her slender appearance.
Perhaps I can help Kari bring her weight within a healthier range.

We stand up so I can give her a first kiss and ask her to be my girlfriend, when…
Surprise! Kari sweeps me off balance with a passionate kiss.
It's nice knowing that the feeling is autonomously mutual. Or is it the sakura tea?

While scanning the festival grounds for a more private area, I spot the planters.
Of course, now that we already have a UFO plant, one appears out of sheer spite.

Kari and I got chemistry to spare. Meet my new BFF!

Great-Great-Great-Grandpa Cirius's wife once flirted with a random stranger at a Romance Festival.
Ever since then, we Lees have avoided the Romance Festival like the plague.
(That's also the reason I left my fathers at home, especially unflirty Papa Ramiro.)
But today, I discover this festival has an exclusive proposal which I eagerly choose.

Kari accepts without any hesitation.
We are the first Lees to get married at the Romance Festival.
In fact, we are the first of our watcher's sims to marry during this event. We're so special!

I take Scamp along and move in with Kari Lee, formerly Kari Alonzo.
Here's a refresher on everyone in my former household:
Papa Bull Lee (Gen7 heir), Papa Ramiro, my sis Paize Lee, and Uncle Deft Lee.

Arriving at Willow Creek, I have my fathers and sis move in, leaving Uncle Deft behind. Sorry!
Next, I sell off enough of my personal inventory to add $90,000 to household funds. (6 points)

Week 36/Sunday

It's past midnight when I'm done remodeling the house to accommodate our household.
Finally, Kari and I see about ushering in the next generation.

Kari: Guaca and I try for baby once more after Guaca notices I'm feeling nauseous.
It's as if I had to try for baby to earn a makeover! Totally worth it, though!

The looser clothing makes me look less "gaunt."
And my new hair color with highlights is a better match for my skin tone.

Guaca:  Rushing down to the basement, I join my clubmates to plant and water the garden.
Then, while waiting for the garden to grow, I authenticate artifacts until I master Archaeology. (8 points)
When I return to the garden, I can graft a few plants to master Gardening. (10 points)
Our first free day starts roughly nine hours after I moved in.

First things first. Kari takes a pregnancy test then quits her Culinary job.
Then we all head for the gym because Kari is an aspiring Bodybuilder.
Papa Ramiro is happy to mentor her while she watches the Kids Network on TV.

I thought pregnant sims couldn't use the treadmill? Not that I mind, of course.

I also start working out, waiting for a fitness trainer to mentor me.
Naturally, the fitness trainer is a pear.
He doesn't make a good role model for the ideal male form, does he?

There's something for everybody in the household at the gym tonight!
Papa Bull has also found a fitness trainer to mentor him.
Even Paize, who joined the Scientist career earlier, gets busy making breakthroughs.

Monday

A little past midnight, I decide to take everyone home. Scamp must be getting hungry by now.
Thanks to a vampire break-in, though, we're stuck here at the gym.
I pick a fight with Vlad, hoping to end the break-in.
Wow, he chooses that as his athletic dark form? *shakes head in disbelief

Since beating up Vlad doesn't end the break-in, I look around and spot more vampires: Caleb and Ricardo.
I try to deliver an archaeology lecture to all three vamps but can you believe their insolence?
They all walk out of the gym at the same time. Oh well, at least the break-in's finally over!

Guaca: My pregnant wife  is watching the Kids Network and eating strawberries on our free day.
Dude, you did NOT just switch to the Romance Channel!

Tuesday

Kari: Hey, I was watching a movie!
Guaca: Sorry, Kari, but neither of us have the Fertile trait so you need to watch the Kids Network.
Kari: But what if I don't have twins?
Guaca: No worries. We'll adopt. It's too hard to juggle staggered births with free days.
Hmmmm. I wonder how long I'd need to gain six more Wellness levels…

Paize Lee earns a promotion this evening but comes home exhausted. (1 point)
Instead of going to bed like she should, she stays outdoors yawning.
I worry that she'll pass out so I go to the foyer and call her inside.
Then I have to go to her room to "chat here." Sheesh! Crisis averted.

My wife Kari is also completely exhausted but wants to go downstairs to praise Scamp. *rolls eyes
I take the time to lure her upstairs and give her one good reason to fall asleep.
Why can't the ladies take care of themselves like my fathers do?

Wednesday

Very, very early in the morning, I head out to Perfect Balance Spa with my crew.
I take back-to-back yoga classes without ever getting sore.
Perhaps because I started at Wellness 3?
That yoga teacher ain't got nothing on me!

Kari and I had tried for baby a little past midnight on Sunday.
Our free day started around 8 pm that same day, so that's when she took her pregnancy test.
That's why we assumed she'd go into labor about 8 pm on Wednesday.

When I finally reach Wellness 9, I rush to place a massage table near Kari.
But when I start to give her a fertility massage, she goes into labor and gets off the table.
What the heck? It's only 4:30 pm!
I offer her another fertility massage to get her back on the table. Will there be enough time?
I've read somewhere that labor last approximately two hours. Is that true?

Guaca: All of our efforts with the Kids Network, Wellness skill, and Fertility Massage bear no fruit.
Kari and I were hoping against hope since neither of have the Fertile trait.
She gives birth to a healthy, beautiful girl who will become the eighth-generation heir.
We give her the name Virtua Lee.

Ramiro: Do you mind, Kari? I'm in the middle of online gaming here!

Guaca: Without missing a beat, I immediately adopt a little boy who we name Bubb Lee.

As soon as Kari went into labor, of course, Scamp ran away. His timing is uncanny.
Everyone here is fine, except we're all sad about our missing Scamp. That doggone dawg!

Current points: 1/10

Starting Stats
Satisfaction: 1,100 points
Household funds:  $21,301
Designated skill: DJing (Level 0)
Highest Skills: L15 Vampire Lore, L10 Painting/Handiness,
L9 Archaeology, Piano, Violin; L8 Gardening/Writing
Aspiration: Musical Genius (Tier III)
Job: Painter: None

Free Day #1 (10 points)
Household funds (6): +$90,000
Maxed skills (4): Guaca/Archaeology, Gardening

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: It's Only Guac n Roll (1 May 2018)
« Reply #336 on: May 01, 2018, 04:40:12 AM »
Ohh what a romantic update.
I need to try that at the festivals, so stealing your idea.

First i thought you left Paize behind, but really happy that you took her with you. Also really happy about Kari's new hair colour. Much better.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #337 on: May 01, 2018, 08:03:53 AM »
Kari looks awesome!  Kari's makeover is so great!  Kari is a beauty queen!
Sorry, I shouldn't make my whole response about Kari.  It's so great that Paize is still part of the household!
Alright, just kidding, it's great to see that everyone's favorite male Lee is doing so well.  And by "male Lee," I of course mean Scamp  ;=)
A lovely update and can't wait to see more!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #338 on: May 01, 2018, 11:49:12 AM »
Kari looks great!  I do believe they can in the first trimester, but after that, no.  Ha, never seen that Heat of the Moment Proposal before!  That's awesome ^^

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #339 on: May 02, 2018, 02:10:47 AM »
Kari looks great!  I do believe they can in the first trimester, but after that, no.  Ha, never seen that Heat of the Moment Proposal before!  That's awesome ^^
@Shewolf13
I wonder if that's been tweaked! Kari could use the treadmill, weightlifting machine, or climbing wall throughout her pregnancy.
But she couldn't go jogging. You'd think weightlifting or the climbing wall would be riskier than jogging. Weird.
Yeah, that proposal option was new to me, too. And I was so surprised that Kari initiated a passionate kiss!
I need to bring an unflirty sim to the Romance Festival next time, lol.

Ohh what a romantic update.
I need to try that at the festivals, so stealing your idea.
First i thought you left Paize behind, but really happy that you took her with you. Also really happy about Kari's new hair colour. Much better.
@LenaLJ
Haha, steal away! But the Heat of the Moment Proposal is not my idea! It's the SimGurus' idea. :D
Leaving the youngest member of the household behind is never a good idea in this challenge--the house will remain occupied longer!
But I left Bull's twin instead of the elderly Ramiro because Bull and Ramiro are such lovebirds.

Kari looks awesome!  Kari's makeover is so great!  Kari is a beauty queen!
Sorry, I shouldn't make my whole response about Kari.  It's so great that Paize is still part of the household!
Alright, just kidding, it's great to see that everyone's favorite male Lee is doing so well.  And by "male Lee," I of course mean Scamp  ;=)
A lovely update and can't wait to see more!
@PeregrineTook
Sadly, Kari has been a rather deadbeat spouse so far, only interacting with her daughter twice since her birth four days earlier (her son, not at all).
I like erratic Paize! I find her chatting with the kids, playing with Scamp, and conversing with the dishwasher. She's great!
Bull and Ramiro are the real stars among the uncontrolled household members, though.
As for Scamp, he always whines and whimpers throughout the toddler phase.
With two toddlers and one controllable parent, Scamp gets hardly any attention from Guaca. Dem's da breaks!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Guaca Wants a Wok
« Reply #340 on: May 02, 2018, 02:30:25 AM »

7.51: Guaca Wants a Wok

Week 36/Wednesday

Guaca: I've just finished feeding our son Bubb Lee.
I'd like to spend some time socializing with our nooboos.
But this household's problem child demands my attention.

You're probably thinking that I refer to Scamp the runaway.
But no, I'm talking about my sister Paize.
For some reason, she doesn't go to bed when she should.

Why does she do push-ups when she's so close to passing out?
Oh nice! Paize is finally off to dreamland on her own.
She's not truly a problem. She's just not used to holding a job.

Our next heir Virtua and her brother Bubb are my good friends now. (3 points)
Papa Bull coming over to talk with them gives me time to upgrade the fireplace.
How else can I toddler-proof our home?

Thursday

Our prodigal dawg returns home in the wee hours of the morning.
Welcome home, fleabag!

Is it too early to be worried about my wife Kari?
She hasn't interacted with our nooboos since she first fed Virtua over 12 hours ago.

After I bathe him, our Resident Attention Hog basks in all the love.
I'm pretty sure Scamp runs away because he loves being welcomed back. Sheesh!

Scamp: Have you noticed the sappy music that plays whenever a sim welcomes me back? *grins

Kari: Welcome back, Scamp! We all missed you so much!

Paize: I never knew you were a chess player, brother dear.
Guacamo: I only played it some for Whiz Kid. You know how it goes.
I only ask you to play in hope you'll make two breakthroughs toward your next promotion.

I'm so behind on my Musical Genius aspiration, it's not funny!
Not a single song written yet, so I obviously don't have any income from licensed songs.
However, I do master Piano while writing my first song! (5 points)

Friday

Honestly, I don't know what I would do without my fathers!
When I'm busy in the garden or writing songs, they autonomously look after the kids.

Although post-makeover Kari is undeniably beautiful, I'm singularly unimpressed by her laziness.
My fathers and I helped her reach Parenting 5 on the last free day.
But she's only tended to Virtua twice so far and hasn't interacted with Bubb at all.
She doesn't lift a finger to clean, so I have my clubmates help out.

After Kari's done eating, she lets my elderly father take her dish to the dishwasher.
Is she unfamiliar with the virtue of filial piety?

She has Cooking 9, yet it's Papa Bull who does nearly all the cooking.
I hear that Papa Bull's household ran so smoothly because he had a good partner.
It seems I have not been so lucky! I'm hoping she's just taking a break…

While writing a second song on the violin, I master that instrument. (7 points)
Meanwhile, my garden is dying of thirst!
Since I'm earning points too quickly, I hire a gardener, a caterer, and a nanny. (4 points)

Our kids age up in the evening.
Virtua and Bubb are both inquisitive toddlers.
Their very first steps!

Reading with daddy!
I can't read to them for too long, since I can only potty train them one at a time.
No regrets over having adopted Bubb Lee.
Look at the way they both look at me with such trusting gazes.

Saturday

Virtua Lee having a blast by herself in the ball pit.

Bubb Lee looking tragic after a potty mishap.
Don't worry, little guy! You'll figure it out soon!
While tucking Bubb into bed, I master Parenting. (6 points)

All the adults in our home have some Gardening skill.
Papa Bull and I are Gardening 10, while Papa Ramiro and Kari are both Level 4.
But Papa Ramiro's the only one who autonomously helps me with the garden.

He's 90 days old today. We're hoping his Active trait increases his longevity.

Week 37/Sunday

This area's a filthy mess by the time we're through.
But Virtua eventually masters Potty! (8 points)

I can't help but think that Virtua resembles her Grandpa Ramiro, but with Grandpa Bull's big eyes.

I am an unabashedly biased father.
The words "cute" and "adorable" fail to describe the miracle that is Virtua Lee.

See what I'm saying? Indescribably charming!

Bubb Lee sits alone on his bed, quietly demolishing a BLT.
Unless Virtua is asleep, she gets every morsel of my attention. She's the heir!
Poor Bubb must fend for himself while his mother Kari ignores him.
(I did train him to use the potty chair by himself…)

Virtua doing flash cards (again) with my father.
I wish I had seen who initiated this session of flash cards!
Might it have been my Inquisitive daughter or my Super Parent father?

How can anyone expect me to prepare a decent Tofu Stir Fry using this frying pan?
What I, Guaca, really want is a wok!
Preparing stir fry any other way is for noobs!

By the way, I've just mastered Homestyle Cooking! (10 points)
Our second free day starts now!

Free Day #2 (10 points)
Promotions (1): Paize/Scientist 5
Good friends (2): Virtua Lee, Bubb Lee
Maxed skills (10): Guacamo/Piano, Violin, Parenting, Cooking; Virtua/Potty
NPC hires (-3): Gardener x1, Caterer x1, Nanny x1

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Guaca Wants A Wok (2 May 2018)
« Reply #341 on: May 02, 2018, 08:21:08 AM »
Hooray for Paize!  She's such a delightfully out-of-the-box Sim.  You've had ridiculous, but non-helpful Sims and logical helpful ones, but she manages to be ridiculous and helpful!
Kari is the princess.  Her job is to be tended to by her subjects and to raise the overall aesthetic value of the home (much as Paize does).  I feel like she's nailing it!
Seriously, though, it's great to read that the dads are such a great help for poor Salsa.  It frees him up to dote all over that precious little angel that is Virtua. 

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway: Guaca Wants A Wok (2 May 2018)
« Reply #342 on: May 02, 2018, 11:19:34 AM »
Wowsa!  Kari, get your butt in gear woman!  Yeesh... what is it about some of these sims, anyway?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 7.51: Guaca Wants A Wok (2 May 2018)
« Reply #343 on: May 03, 2018, 02:57:23 AM »
Hooray for Paize!  She's such a delightfully out-of-the-box Sim.  You've had ridiculous, but non-helpful Sims and logical helpful ones, but she manages to be ridiculous and helpful!
Kari is the princess.  Her job is to be tended to by her subjects and to raise the overall aesthetic value of the home (much as Paize does).  I feel like she's nailing it!
Seriously, though, it's great to read that the dads are such a great help for poor Salsa.  It frees him up to dote all over that precious little angel that is Virtua. 
@PeregrineTook
Paize has been pretty awesome. She'd been interacting with and looking after Bubb, even though I'd forgotten to have her adopt him as care dependent during the last two free days. Oops.
Just more proof how great Paize has been. Her biggest problem has been the exhausted-but-not-sleeping thing but now she has Never Weary. It's perfect.
Nah, Kari is the worst. All this time, she's only interacted with the kids twice autonomously.
But yeah, Bull and Ramiro have been amazing. Active Ramiro is an elder but he autonomously "Plays" with the kids, too.

Wowsa!  Kari, get your butt in gear woman!  Yeesh... what is it about some of these sims, anyway?
@Shewolf13
This generation is a bit of a headache.  The aspiration glitches aren't helping.
When I get tired of seeing Kari watch TV and dance all day, I lure her into the basement garden and lock her inside. (She has food, a toilet, and a shower.)
Haha, I'm looking forward to being done with Gen7 Guaca and moving out with Gen8 Virtua.
Just 13 more sim-days until Virtua Lee's teen birthday!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 7.52: The Jabber-Guac
« Reply #344 on: May 03, 2018, 03:12:41 AM »

Yet another silly pun that riffs off of Guacamo Lee's name.

7.52: The Jabber-Guac

Week 37/Sunday

Our second free day has started!
Bubb Lee finally gets some much-needed parenting!
His skill levels lag noticeably behind those of the heir Virtua.

Kari already mastered Fitness the other day.
Today she maxes her body potential to complete Bodybuilder.
She then completes Fab Wealthy and Mansion Baron to buy reward traits.
You should be less accident-prone now, Kari.
Be sure to thank Papa Bull for helping you with your Fab Wealthy aspiration!

My sis Paize completes Renaissance sim during our free day.
It helps that our fathers can mentor Violin and Fitness.
But she also reaches Gardening 8 and Cooking 10 on her own. Go Paize!

Paize: The first thing I buy is the Never Weary trait. Begone red plumbob!

Guaca: Virtua's skills are all at least Level 3 by nightfall.
Ideally, she'll max Imagination before her next birthday.
But I won't be frantically parenting her anymore. Just the basics!

Monday

Hunger wakes the kids up from their fitful slumber.
"Someone" forgot to buy the Koolala lamps for them!
Erm, that would be me. *coughs

Even though Papa Ramiro is hotheaded and unflirty, he has such a gentle soul.
And he is always helping out with the kids and garden.
As you can see, Scamp loves him dearly.

Under Scamp's resentful gaze, I finish composing my fourth song for Musical Genius.
This earns me 2,000 more satisfaction points from the aspiration. (2 points)

All my aspiration requires is mentoring another sim for 3 hours.
I don't want to earn any more points today, though, so I stop mentoring Genji after two hours.
Along the way, Genji and I becomes two friends. (3 points)

This is the point where everything begins to unravel.
While I'm doing flash cards with Virtua, I max Musical Genius without mentoring for 3 hours. (5 points)
Immediately after, of course, Virtua masters Communication. (7 points)

Our third free day needs to happen on the kids' next birthday on Friday.
So I hire a butler and a caterer right away. (5 points).

Next, Paize earns a promotion to Scientist 6, which is fine. (6 points)
But then, Papa Ramiro completes Successful Lineage, which is NOT fine. (8 points)
(Neither Paize nor Guaca have maxed a career so Successful Lineage shouldn't have completed.)
Gnashing my teeth, I order a pizza for the point loss. Sheesh! (7 points)

What the heck is going on, anyway?!

Tuesday

Since the kids have arrived, I've fallen behind on authenticating artifacts.
I still have a bunch that I excavated in Selvadorada.
And the Relics Association sends artifacts for authentication both to Papa Bull and me.

By the way, I think I've figured out which ones are from the Relics Association.
They must be ones that I'm not allowed to send away for authentication.
Does anyone know for sure?

Hey, wanna be companions?
Scamp: Thought you'd never ask!

Speaking of companions, my fathers have such a loving relationship. I so envy them!
This afternoon, I catch them smooching behind the TV.

Papa Ramiro receives his first notice from Grim right after that.
By the way, our butler is not fantastic but he's okay. (6 points)

Wednesday

Today's a beautiful day!
I place the bath on our front porch and bathe Virtua, Bubb, and Scamp (in that order).

Papa Ramiro's age bar has started bubbling. Did I miss his second notice?
He spends most of the afternoon dancing away.

I swear Kari sat in front of the TV all day, except to visit the bathroom or eat.
Thankfully, I have the butler and I also hire a caterer. (5 points)

Bubb's angry because his bladder's full but he's right near a potty chair, so I let him be.
Paize arrives home just then and heads straight for Bubb to check up on him.
Her attentiveness is mystifying; she hasn't even adopted Bubb as a care dependent.

His own mother, it seems, could care less. I just don't understand!

Virtua receives a lot of attention from the family this evening.
I find her Auntie Paize teaching her with flash cards in the kitchen.
Later, her Grandpa Ramiro picks her up to play.

Before going to bed, I read to her until she masters Imagination. (7 points)
Just to be on the safe side, I order a pizza. (6 points)

Thursday

Today's goal: helping Virtua master Movement.
After learning to build a tower, she maxes that fourth skill. (8 points)

And yes, we still have our butler and I hire a caterer for good measure. (6 points)

Bubb finds his Grandpa Bull endlessly amusing.

Bubb masters his Thinking skill. (8 points)
Immediately after, sister Paize returns home a Level 7 Laboratory Leader. (9 points)
It's little moments like these that remind me she's erratic.

Guaca: Bubb imitates Scamp, looking absolutely and undeniably adorable.

Scamp: Excuse me? That's not what I look like!

Bubb: No? Then how about this?
Scamp: Better…

Friday

This afternoon, I take this photo of Papa Bull before his elder birthday later.
He's 13 days younger than Papa Ramiro.
But Papa Ramiro has managed to live on and today they'll both be elders.

Incidentally, we'll just be keeping our butler into the free day. (8 points)

We expect to receive the kids' birthday notices around 7 pm.
So I deliberately master Writing a little before that time. (10 points)

But a shot of my back while I'm writing makes for a boring shot.
Instead, here's one from yesterday of Scamp and me going for a walk in Willow Creek.
Scamp (sighs): My first walk in almost two weeks and my first in this neighborhood!

Guaca: Anyway, let's get started on our third free day!

Coming next: Virtua and Bubb age up to children

Remarks
The pointage in this update got messed up by the unexpected (and definitely glitchy) completion of Guaca's Musical Genius and Ramiro's Successful Lineage aspirations.
Not that Guaca minds having a butler around to help with the garden but still... +19 points and -9 points!
This was really a tiring update, lol. The two shots of Bubb imitating Scamp are my faves.

Free Day #3 (10 points)

Promotion (2): Paize/Scientist 6-7
Good friends (1): Genji Hasegawa
Satisfaction points (2): +1,000 sp x2
Maxed skill/aspiration (14):
     Skill (10): Guacamo/Writing; Virtua/Communication, Imagination, Movement; Bubb/Thinking
     Aspiration (4): Guacamo/Musical Genius, Ramiro/Successful Lineage
NPC hires (-9): Butler x5, Caterer x2, Pizza x2

anything