Author Topic: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 10.70: Faina Lee, Finished! (Completed 19/06/2018)  (Read 142064 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 9.65: Nothing Could Be Faina (14 June)
« Reply #420 on: June 15, 2018, 08:46:41 AM »
Ohh Faina is so lovely (I am missing my coloured sims) Cant wait to see her grow up.

You are so closed to getting this complete.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #421 on: June 15, 2018, 09:38:13 AM »
Faina is a beauty- both before and after her makeover. 
It's too bad that Sage and Scamp don't interact more.  I  haven't played much with multiple pets, but it seems like household pets should interact more often than they actually do. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #422 on: June 15, 2018, 10:35:50 AM »
Oooo, look at Baer going after the older woman  ;=)  Actually, it's probably for the best that a lovely young lady wasn't distracting him since he was so wonderfully helpful with Faina.
Speaking of Faina, she got the skintone!!  I'm so delighted for you!  And for the rest of us since we get to enjoy the screenshots of her  ;=)
Looking forward to seeing child and teen years for our lovely little heiress!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #423 on: June 15, 2018, 10:47:41 PM »
Ohh Faina is so lovely (I am missing my coloured sims) Cant wait to see her grow up.

You are so closed to getting this complete.
@LenaLJ
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a pretty teen, too! Yes, very close now. I'm being extra cautious about careless mistakes now!

Faina is a beauty- both before and after her makeover. 
It's too bad that Sage and Scamp don't interact more.  I  haven't played much with multiple pets, but it seems like household pets should interact more often than they actually do. 

@BallerinaHippo
Faina's a little cutie so far! Just as I was entering CAS after her recent birthday, I caught a glimpse of Scamp and Sage running around together out of the corner of my eye.
Of course, when I came out of CAS, that was no longer happening, Now I think I need to keep a closer eye on those two.
Maybe they're socializing more than I've noticed... (which would be great!)

Oooo, look at Baer going after the older woman  ;=)  Actually, it's probably for the best that a lovely young lady wasn't distracting him since he was so wonderfully helpful with Faina.
Speaking of Faina, she got the skintone!!  I'm so delighted for you!  And for the rest of us since we get to enjoy the screenshots of her  ;=)
Looking forward to seeing child and teen years for our lovely little heiress!
@PeregrineTook
Baer has been such a great helper that I can't help but want to reward him. But you're right, it was best  for toddler Faina that she was the center of Baer's life.
In general, this generation has gone well. Eden has been an attentive mother. Ricardo's Neat treat makes up for his Childish trait, lol.
Another birthday coming up!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #424 on: June 15, 2018, 10:51:02 PM »
Faina is so adorable! And she wants to marry her Uncle Baer. I LOVE IT. So close.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 9.66: Faina the Fairest
« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2018, 10:58:52 PM »

Faina sandwich!

9.66: Faina the Fairest

Week 48/Sunday

Stud: It's business as usual during our second free day.
Eden hires Aarohi to mentor her from Piano 8 to 10.

Monday

Since I've already collected all the materials he needs, Baer has been hard at work.
He's invented three cloning machines and a cleaning SimRay since last night.
Then, right before work, he finishes inventing a satellite dish.

All the adults take turns helping Faina learn toddler skills.
What she really wants to do, though, is play with the Tiny Tot Treehouse.

Faina: Papa says you and me are going exploring when I'm bigger.
Scamp: Maybe. I need to rethink that whole exploring thing after my last trip.
Faina: What's this "maybe"? You don't want to go exploring with me?
Scamp: Um, only under the right conditions. We'll talk more later. You need more vocab!

Eden has gone as far as she can go with her Big Happy Family aspiration.
She'll be fine, as long as she doesn't pass out or wet herself.
While she and Faina play dolls, Faina maxes Imagination just after the free day ends. (2 points)

Stud: Oops, while I wasn't paying attention, Papa masters Archaeology. (4 points)
Ricardo: I didn't even make a dent in your backlog of dirt clumps and artifacts!

It's taken me a while with so much going on, but Sage and I are companions at last.

During the recent free day, Eden knocked me out of the #1 position in Faina's heart.
I don't mind at all.
When I return from walking Scamp, seeing Eden autonomously teaching Faina warms my heart.

Tuesday

Early this morning, Papa ages up to an elder.
His birthday notice catches us all by surprise.

I've been teaching Faina to talk and her Communication is up to 98% of Level 4. Just 2% to go!
Suddenly, my brother Baer appears and says something to Faina.
Can you believe she leaves me hanging and walks off?

Baer and Faina actually sit down right in front of me.
What a shock to find "Teach to Talk" in Baer's action queue!
So Baer swoops in and becomes the one to help Faina master Communication. *sighs (6 points)

I need to push back our next free day until Faina's birthday in three days.
So I order a pizza then hire that despicable nanny. (4 points)
While I was a teen, this nanny phoned me constantly to invite me out to "crazy parties." Ugh.

Now that Baer's left for work, I can win back Faina's love.
Yes, I realize it's not a competition but still!

In the evening, Baer brings home a promotion to Scientist 7. (5 points)
Nice going, bro. (Eh!)

Wednesday

Stud: Gratz on mastering Thinking, Faina! (7 points)
Faina: Hmmmph! Why is Sage crying to me? I can't help her one bit.
Papa, can dogs just woohoo or can they only mate?
Stud: Erm, we'll talk about that when you're older, sweetheart.

Stud: Grandpa Guacamo phones to invite me to meet him somewhere, so I invite along Eden.
What a letdown to discover that we've been invited to Desert Bloom Park.
I was really hoping he'd invited us somewhere new and exotic!
Eden: Bo-o-o-oriiing! *plays a video game on her phone

Stud: Back home, Faina is up and about once more.
I munch a vimberry then play with her until she masters Movement. (9 points)
Who's your daddy now, Faina?
Faina: Huh?

In the evening, I invite Aud to go to Pupperstone Park with me and his parents.
He's still really unwell and throws up all over the pavement. What can I do?
Open a vet clinic and hope that Uncle Bubb brings him in for an exam?
Or move him into our house when there's an opening?
Would it be fair to saddle the teenage Faina with three dogs?

Stud: I take my brother Baer out clubbing in Windenburg but we meet only disappointment.
Baer: Seriously! The only young adults out are you, Grim, Aarohi, and one of your ex-clubmates!
Stud: Both Grandpa Guacamo and that predatorial nanny even followed us from Narwahl Arms to Pan Europa.
Baer: Don't take it so hard, Stud. It's the thought that counts, I guess.

Thursday

We return home around 3 am to find that a fire has erupted in the living area. (7 points)
Try as we might, we can locate no fire to extinguish.
Finally, the sprinkler system kicks in but we lose our rug.

When I go to throw away those two piles of ash on the floor, I catch fire! (5 points)
Luckily, I can extinguish myself right away, but I'm getting rid of that fireplace!

That afternoon, I get busy making upgrades around the house, mastering Handiness. (7 points).
Eden spends a lot of time with Faina today, which is nice for them both.

Friday

I give my little girl a bath for the very last time, because today is her birthday.
Then, I master Logic at the chess table. (9 points)

Faina ages up with the Top-Notch Toddler trait and becomes an active Artistic Prodigy.
And now we all wait for Baer to get home.
Baer brings home a promotion to Level 8 Pioneer of New Technologies. (10 points)

Our third free day! And just think, 13 more days of this and I can step down as the heir!!!

Free Day #3 (10 points, 30/50):
Promotions (2): Baer/Scientist 7-8
Maxed skills (14): Stud/Handiness, Logic; Ricard/Archaeology
          Faina/Imagination, Communication, Thinking, Movement;
NPC hires (-2): Pizza x1, Caterer x1
Fires (-4): Fire x2

Household Ages
Ricardo: Day 4 elder
Virtua: 2 days to elder
Stud: 12 days to adult
Baer: 12 days to adult
Eden: 14 days to adult
Faina: 13 days to teen

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 9.66: Faina the Fairest (15 June)
« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2018, 11:13:25 PM »
Faina is the cutest thing. I just love her. You're getting so close to the end now.

Poor Aud, I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #427 on: June 16, 2018, 04:38:41 AM »
Another free day, you are rocking this. Faina is my favorite right now. She is so sweet. Can dogs only mate and not wohoo? Hahaha

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #428 on: June 16, 2018, 08:56:50 AM »
*jumps excitedly out of dark hole*
My interesting entrance was a bit late, but Faina Lee? No way! I confess to thinking of that around gen 3, and wanting it to happen to the point where I almost DMed and then thought nah, Oshizu’s smart enough to figure it out without my weird excited DMing.
But rant aside, Faina is fabulous! Hooray for purpleboos! There’s too much for me to recap my favorite stuff, so I’ll just leave it at that.
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #429 on: June 16, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
Faina is the Fairest One of All.  No wonder all the adults are tripping over each other to get her attention.  It's nice that you finally got a devoted mother in your game.  Eden is great!

Too bad poor Aud is still sick!  It must be frustrating to not be able to cure him.  :(

I'm knocking on wood for you and hoping that you have smooth sailing to the end of this Dynasty!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #430 on: June 16, 2018, 11:06:36 AM »
The not-competition-but-competition for Faina's heart was delightful!  Hooray for Eden!!  It's nice to see such an involved parent.  I remember a certain gorgeous mama who really didn't take care of or have any real interest in her kiddos but was so gorgeous!  Yeah, I'm still Team Kari.  Anyway, poor Stud may be the heir, but Baer and Eden are really stealing a lot of the spotlight from him!
Faina sassing Scamp that he'd only maybe go adventuring with her was delightful!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #431 on: June 16, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »
Faina is the cutest thing. I just love her. You're getting so close to the end now.
Poor Aud, I hope he gets to feeling better soon.
@sdhoey
It's really awful that we can't do anything for sick dogs that don't live with us. I'm not sure three dogs is the way to go right now, lol.

Another free day, you are rocking this. Faina is my favorite right now. She is so sweet. Can dogs only mate and not wohoo? Hahaha
@LenaLJ
Ever since MarianT mentioned the possibility, I've become obsessed with the idea of finishing this challenge before the release of Seasons.
My poor Sage--there is no relief for her suffering! :D

*jumps excitedly out of dark hole*
My interesting entrance was a bit late, but Faina Lee? No way! I confess to thinking of that around gen 3, and wanting it to happen to the point where I almost DMed and then thought nah, Oshizu’s smart enough to figure it out without my weird excited DMing.
But rant aside, Faina is fabulous! Hooray for purpleboos! There’s too much for me to recap my favorite stuff, so I’ll just leave it at that.
@PJHP1243
Long time no see or hear! I hope things have been going well for you down there in your dark hole. :D
Thank you for reading.  And yes, I'd planned on Faina's name from the start of this challenge, with great hope and optimism, of course.
I'm never to say no to a weirdly excited PM, my friend!

Faina is the Fairest One of All.  No wonder all the adults are tripping over each other to get her attention.  It's nice that you finally got a devoted mother in your game.  Eden is great!
Too bad poor Aud is still sick!  It must be frustrating to not be able to cure him.  :(
I'm knocking on wood for you and hoping that you have smooth sailing to the end of this Dynasty!
@BallerinaHippo
It is still a mystery to me what criteria determines that some household members will be helpful while others are not.
Baer with his Level 1 Parenting has been most surprising--I have no idea what's going on there.
But, yes, I'm always happy to see Eden interacting with her daughter. Baer and Eden have made life that much easier for our heir.
I wish the game allowed us to bring sick dogs home to treat on our home vet equipment (like Stud tried to do).
Even if Stud were to open a clinic, there's no guarantee that his uncle would show up to get Aud Lee examined.

Thank you for your moral support! It's so appreciated! If Stud can make it to the next free day without committing a fatal mistake, we'll be mostly home clear.
After that, teenage Faina will need to gather her collection and paint her portraits without dying. I've got my fingers crossed.

The not-competition-but-competition for Faina's heart was delightful!  Hooray for Eden!!  It's nice to see such an involved parent.  I remember a certain gorgeous mama who really didn't take care of or have any real interest in her kiddos but was so gorgeous!  Yeah, I'm still Team Kari.  Anyway, poor Stud may be the heir, but Baer and Eden are really stealing a lot of the spotlight from him!
Faina sassing Scamp that he'd only maybe go adventuring with her was delightful!
@PeregrineTook
In a challenge like this one, it's so delightful to have multiple caregivers vying for the child's love and attention.
Raising a single child instead of multiple children sure is a lot easier, I must say! And I've actually had three mothers in this challenge who had no interest in childraising.
So yes, I'm loving Eden and Baer. Faina has been a lucky child.
I'm still reeling in shock over how incredibly horrid that trip was when both Scamp and Sage fell sick. Scamp's never gotten sick at Selvadorada before.
It was my mistake, frankly, for trying to take the whole household. It just didn't work out. But now I know better in case there's a next time. *winks

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 9.67: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #432 on: June 16, 2018, 09:17:35 PM »

9.67: Decisions, Decisions

Week 48/Saturday

Stud: Our free day started about an hour after Fair Faina's birthday yesterday evening.
Ever since, she's been hard at work on Artistic Prodigy.
Looks like she'll have time to squeeze in four hours of Practice Typing, too!

Baer: After making two breakthroughs, I need three more Level 8 skills for Renaissance Sim.
My Archaeology and Rocket Science are already Level 7, so I take care of them.
Then I quickly level up Homestyle Cooking. *buys Mentor and Carefree traits
Stud: Nice work completing Renaissance Sim, Baer!

Stud: Faina manages to queue up 3 chess games during the tail end of our free day.
Just in time!
I've made big plans already for our little girl's child stage.

Just before Sage and I go for a walk, she ages up to an elder.
Of course, I give her an Age-Down Treat right away.

Week 49/Sunday

Faina:  We started playing chess together, but you stood and started mentoring me instead!
Stud: Yes, sweetheart, it's faster than experimenting on the science table by yourself.
Faina: Is that why you invited me to play chess with you? What a sneaky trick!
Stud: One learns various underhanded tricks while herding uncontrolled sims.
Happily for you, you needn't bother yourself with herding anyone but the dogs!

In the afternoon, after Faina and I tire of chess, we all travel to Desert Bloom Park.
Faina avails of its Science Lair trait to experiment on the science table.
Meanwhile, I lecture Scamp on playing in a puddle but he resists learning.
On the upside, look at all the feather piles and pet prezzies!

Soon after, though, I succeed in teaching Sage not to play in the trash.
I don't foresee making much further progress with Friend of the Animals.
And now both dogs are filthy, so we should be heading home so I can bathe them.

Monday

At the park, Sage was sprayed twice and bitten once by a skunk.
In the wee hours, I notice Sage is drooling with stars spinning around her head.
I try every examination but with zero results, which is troubling.

The surgery table gives me only one treatment option: "Extract Excess Cuteness."
It must have worked, since Sage isn't drooling anymore.
Is my exam table glitched?

Mama ages up to an elder this morning. Her and Papa are still very much in love.
Scamp ages up to an elder today, too. He gets an Age-Down Treat, natch.

Nobody's the least surprised when Faina brings home a B today. (1 point)

Tuesday

I didn't realize that the fridge was empty and so Baer masters Cooking. (3 points)
In the afternoon, I allow myself to master Archaeology at last. (5 points)

Stud: Congrats on your A grade, Faina! (6 points)
Faina: May I buy the Morning Sim trait now, Papa? (5 points)
Stud: Of course. And we're going to have to sit down and discuss your teen years soon.
Faina: Discuss what?
Stud: Depending on your museum collection, you'll need to learn different skills.
We can talk about it right after our next free day.

Faina: Papa, I did it! I maxed my Mental skill! Now may I go and play? (7 points)
Stud: Yes, let's do that! I know just the place!

Faina: Not exactly my idea of "playing," Papa.
Baer: Are you kidding, Faina? Fishing is great!
Faina: If it's so great, Uncle Baer, why are you and Papa only Fishing 2?

Stud: That's because your grandmother never took us fishing, sweetheart.
Baer: Yeah, we weren't as lucky as you are.
Faina (suspiciously): Really?
Baer: Also, fishing is an essential part of your future plans!
Faina: My future plans? What do you mean?
Baer: You mean you haven't told her yet, Stud?

Wednesday

Since Faina's doing so well at school, I can relax now in the mornings.
No running around discussing cognitive focusing exercises with Faina and Baer.
I'll probably continue with Baer, but he doesn't need it today.

Scamp: Do you mind a little advice, Sage?
Sage: What is it, Scamp?
Scamp: You need to tone down all the whimpering and sadness.
The family has been saying that you ruin everyone's good mood. What's the problem?
Sage: I'm not sure, Scamp. And Stud can't even ask me what's wrong…

Stud: I do believe that Baer will max his career before our last free day!
This evening, he brings home his Level 9 promotion. (8 points)
Congrats on becoming a Mad Scientist, bruh!
Faina: What are you mad about, Uncle Baer?
Baer: Not that kind of mad, little one.

Papa got his second notice yesterday and I'm not sure what we should do.
The way I see it, we have four options.
   1. We move Aud Lee over from Chateau Frise, which means I (later Faina) will need to walk two dogs a day.
   2. We let Scamp and Sage have another puppy, hoping for a Sage mini-me. Again, this will lead to walking two dogs a day.
   3. We adopt a cat (not Bronco, shown below, though he is a stray).
   4. Baer and I resign ourselves to the possible fate of getting impregnated by Senior Pollinator Technician #3.
As you might imagine, Scenario 4 is the least desirable option.
In all four scenarios, Sage must be spayed sooner or later. What to do, what to do.

Thursday

Bronco (left): Hey, Dale! Stay alert, dude!
Dale (right): What are you talking about? I'm always alert!
Bronco: You know that house full of weirdos with the two dogs?
Rumor has it that they're thinking about adopting a cat.

Dale: So what does that have to do with me? You're a stray just like I am.
Bronco: I hear that the household's watcher favors Bengali cats. Don't get suckered in!

Stud: Well, hello there, you handsome cat! I see you're a stray.
Dale: Don't believe for a minute that every stray is easy, baby boy!
Stud: Yeah, but I got the good stuff! *offers some catnip
Dale: Yum. So, where do y'all live?

Bronco: Oh no, Dale! I can't believe you let him befriend you!
Dale: You're one to talk! I see that you're already friends with him, too.
You're just jealous because Stud isn't into you!

Stud: Look, Dale, I gotta go now. Don't go living with anyone else!
I can't make any promises, but I want to talk with you again in a day or two, okay?

Scamp: So, what were you talking about with that spotted cat, Stud?
Stud: Oh, nothing special. Just the usual neighborhood gossip, you know?

After jogging with Scamp, I take Sage out jogging as well.
Then, just when I'm about to take Scamp for a second jog, I master Fitness. (10 points)
Aight, folks, let's get our fourth free day started!

Free Day #4: 10 points, 40/50
Promotions (3):
    Career (1): Baer/Scientist 9
    School (2): Faina/B, A
Maxed skills (8 ): Stud/Archaeology, Fitness; Faina/Mental; Baer/Cooking
Satisfaction reward (-1): Faina/Morning Sim

Note: Yes, I am blitzing my way to the end of this challenge.
         In another sim-week, around the last free day, Faina will celebrate her teen birthday and start on her "museum stuff."

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 9.67: Decisions, Decisions (June 16)
« Reply #433 on: June 16, 2018, 09:30:49 PM »
The end is in sight! Poor Faina, just when she thought she was finished with chess. And using pets to keep the aliens out is good.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: A Townie Dynasty with Leeway 9.67: Decisions, Decisions (June 16)
« Reply #434 on: June 16, 2018, 09:38:58 PM »
I was hoping you'd lean toward adopting a cat.  Not that I don't love the dogs, but they seem to be high maintenance in your game.  And Dale's name works perfectly with Lee.  No need to change it!