Author Topic: Straud vs Straud vs Zargon (on hiatus)  (Read 9284 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Straud vs Straud vs Zargon (on hiatus)
« on: December 21, 2017, 03:29:16 PM »
STRAUD vs STRAUD vs ZARGON

Prologue: Day One
Three different Sims, three different hopes for the future, converging upon the empty and peaceful tract of land known as Newcrest.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Bismuth Zargon was being sent by the Sixamite Potentate to succeed in setting up the outpost base for invasion.
"Your ancestress failed miserably," the Potentate warned him. "And even if she hadn't suffered a major setback, she was still running behind her adversary. It's not a hearts-and-minds mission, but even so, she went out of her way to offend the locals by  naming her offspring after famous villains in their history. I hope you won't do the same."
"No, sir. That's why I've chosen to name my individual units after chemical elements, sir. They'll be neutral but signal our technological superiority, sir."

"And you should be discreet in the changes you make to the landscape," the Potentate continued.
"Agreed, sir," said Bismuth. "I've erected a small entryway on the lot.

It leads to an underground facility that can be extended as necessary, sir."
"Excellent," said the Sixamite Potentate.
(Note: If you want to read about Aniara Zargon's failed attempt, you can find her story here.)

Over the generations, the descendants of Vladislaus Straud IV had gone from affectionate to cordial to competitive in their relationships. As time went on, they changed names to distinguish themselves from each other. When Mortimer Goth-Straud married Morgan, the last of the Fryes, he became Mortimer Gotfry, and that surname continued in the family.
Wren Gotfry's parents died in a plane crash. Her parents' house held too many sad memories for her, and so she decided to start over in Newcrest. She loved animals and found it heart-breaking that there were so few places that offered care for them. Her dream was to place a Gotfry Shelter and Clinic in each of the major towns, but she knew that it might take several generations to do that.

Rather than build a house she would rarely visit, Wren decided to camp on her lot with her cat, Bastet VI, and use the money she inherited to build her first clinic instead.

The two other branches of the Straud family suffered a terrible scandal when Vanessa Villareal-Landgraab-Straud married her cousin Scott. They eloped straight out of high school, before Vanessa had completed her cure for vampirism. Disowned by all their family, they had eked out a living in a dim and drafty hovel by the river in Windenburg. Vanessa decided to drop "Straud" from her name entirely and merge the other two together in Villagraab. Soon after their only child reached adulthood, they both succumbed to illness.
Their granddaughter Lucretia was determined not to live in poverty. The mansions of her ancestors were still standing, but other people lived in them. She intended to build her own mansion, and for her descendants to build theirs, but for that, she needed land and money. Land was easily available in Newcrest, but money...Lucretia could think of only three ways to get money: inherit it, make it, or marry it.

She obviously wasn't going to inherit money, and making it would take too long, so she decided to marry it.

Dennis Kim was not interested at first. "I'm an old man," he told Lucretia. "I just want to spend my senior years browsing on the computer and playing with my little granddaughter, Olivia."
"Think again," said Lucretia. "You'll probably get so bored that you start selling Thai food in a stall in San Myshuno. Wouldn't you rather spend the time having fun with me?"

"But you're so young and -- er -- lovely," he protested. "Why would you want--"
Lucretia silenced him with a kiss.

Several kisses later, Dennis felt the stirring of some emotions he hadn't experienced in a long time.

Lucretia pretended to be surprised when he dropped to one knee to propose.

But her real triumph came when she tested herself in the bathroom.

(Note: the adventures of Wren's and Lucretia's ancestors can be found here.)
(Final note: This story is based on the Rival Dynasties Challenge.)

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Straud vs Straud vs Zargon
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 03:29:48 PM »
Statistics

Traits: Dog Lover, Perfectionist, Genius, Animal Affection
Option: Pet Lover
   Animal Lover Aspiration -- 3
   Vet Clinic -- 2 1/2 stars
   Pet Training -- 1
   Pet Portraits -- 3, Bastet, Sasha, Grover
Aspiration: Animal Lover
Job: Politics -- 5
Married to: Joaquin le Chien
Skills:
Good Friends:
Enemies:
Collection:
Portrait:

Traits: Art Lover, Family-Oriented, Snob, Business Savvy
Option: Mansion Baron
   Mansion Baron aspiration -- 4
   Parties -- Toddler Playdate
   Rewards -- Connections,
Aspiration: Mansion Baron, 4
Job: Writer -- 5
Married to: Dennis Kim
Skills:
Good Friends:
Enemies:
Collection:
Portrait:

Traits: Family-Oriented, Creative, Foodie, Essence of Flavor
Option: Alien
   Rocket Ship -- Completed, 1 upgrade
   Rewards -- Steel Bladder
Aspiration: Master Chef, 4
Job: Culinary -- 5
Married to: Thoria Coles
Skills:
Good Friends:
Enemies:
Collection:
Portrait:

Traits:
Option:
Aspiration:
Job:
Married to:
Skills:
Good Friends:
Enemies:
Collection:
Portrait:

Traits:
Option:
Aspiration:
Job:
Married to:
Skills:
Good Friends:
Enemies:
Collection:
Portrait:

Traits:
Option:
Aspiration:
Job:
Married to:
Skills:
Good Friends:
Enemies:
Collection:
Portrait:

Traits:
Option:
Aspiration:
Job:
Married to:
Skills:
Good Friends:
Enemies:
Collection:
Portrait:

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 04:50:56 PM »
It's always a happy day when I arrive at the forum to discover that you've started a new challenge story!
Best wishes to your diverse selection of contenders! Their family names put a big smile on my face.

Now I'm so eager for the first update! :D

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 07:00:31 PM »
This looks like so much fun!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 08:06:11 PM »
Yay!!  More Straud adventures!!  I'm not sure which line is my favorite, though poor Bismuth is definitely in third.
Looking forward to seeing the each lines' first week!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 11:53:02 AM »
Wren Gotfry: Week One

Wren looked down at her cat Bastet. It was probably a mistake to waste Bastet's naptime by not getting sleep of her own, but she had work to do. Off in the distance she could see a mansion that had appeared overnight. More distant still was a funny-looking gazebo. Other claimants were moving into Newcrest, claimants who would soon have heirs. Staying home and sleeping was not an option. The night was still young, and the disco was hopping.

"I'm Wren Gotfry!" she shouted over the noise of the DJ.
"Joaquin le Chien!" he shouted back.
Behind him she saw a man familiar to her only from old pictures. He looked just like her long-ago ancestor, the one family legend said was a vampire. It couldn't be, of course. It was a trick of the light, a sleep-deprived hallucination. Wren shivered.
"Let's go outside to talk," she said. "It's too noisy in here."

Joaquin, she discovered, loved to dance, loved music, and was working as an entertainer.
"I raise money for 'I Speak for the Trees,'" she told him, "but I plan on opening a vet clinic when I have the money. I love dogs."
"Then you must love me," said Joaquin. Wren looked confused, so he clarified. "Last name le Chien? French for dog?"
"Gotcha," said Wren. She wanted to stay and talk longer, but she was exhausted, so she said good-night.

As she reached her lot, she caught sight of the creepy man from the disco leaving it. Wren had been thinking about getting a small dog when she could afford one, a Scottie or a beagle, but now a Mastiff suddenly looked like a good idea.

Morning came entirely too early, and Wren called in to see if she could work at home. "No problem!" chirped another woman who spoke for the trees. "Just talk to two of your neighbors and put up a mural somewhere."
Wren didn't have any neighbors, but a mural sounded easy enough. Bastet came with her and curled up on the edge of her painting space for a nap. "Why can't you sleep when I want to sleep?" Wren grumbled.

After some food and a shower, she returned to her mural in the afternoon. It was taking longer than she'd expected, so she was glad that she wasn't scheduled to work the next day.

Rather than go home to her tent, Wren decided to take a nap on a nearby bench when she got tired.

While she was sleeping, some overly helpful teenager came along and finished her mural. It was lovely, perfect for the cause, but because she hadn't finished it, Wren didn't get credit for it. "I did most of the work," Wren complained.
"Not good enough," a man who spoke for the trees said frostily. "I suggest you come to HQ at 8 a.m. sharp."

Bastet actually let Wren sleep for an hour or two, but her cell phone woke her up anyway. It was Joaquin suggesting they meet for dinner. By the time Wren finished telling him about her problem with the mural, her woes seemed a little less dire.
"You should give your cat a good scolding the next time she wakes you up," Joaquin advised. "If you keep after her, she'll quit eventually."
Which indeed happened.

After dinner, Wren spent the rest of her evening setting up her clinic. She couldn't afford good equipment yet, but she had the basics. Wren moved her tent and Bastet's stuff to the clinic roof. With any luck, the creepy old man who looked like her ancestor wouldn't be able to find her there.

Work went well the next day, and Wren got her first promotion.
"Let's have dinner at Chez Llama to celebrate!" Joaquin suggested.

The food was only so-so, but Wren found another way to celebrate.

When Joaquin slipped a ring on her finger, Wren pretended to inspect it critically.

"Roof! Roof!" Joaquin barked, stroking her cheek. "You know you love me."

And indeed, Wren did. They got married immediately.

Joaquin's roommate came with him, which meant that they were able to buy a very nice house.

Sergio quickly went to work at increasing the population. "I sense that you and I can make something special together," he murmured to Dina Caliente, his first baby-mama.

Meanwhile, Wren was diagnosing her first patient. "Mouth moths, drool -- it looks like a mild case of repugnitis."

When she saw how happy Blue was after being cured, Wren knew that she had found her true calling. And with a husband, a house, two promotions, and a baby on the way, she couldn't be happier.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 01:06:43 PM »
I loved how Vlad came around checking in on his descendant!!  I'm hoping that continues throughout.
Bringing in Joaquin's last name like that was quite clever!  She already had a cat and found her Chien  ;=)
That bit with the mural not counting was quite unfortunate, but did create a nice chance for her to show off another excellent outfit.  I think she's clearly in the lead for fashion icon of this dynasty!
Lucretia's still in the running for favorite, but I'm definitely leaning towards Wren in the early going.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »
Oooo! I'm team Wren! I have a soft spot for the Goths so as a descendent, plus she wants to be a vet. That and her kitty is Bastet.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2017, 05:40:43 PM »
Of course, Bastet wakes Wren up whenever she tries to sleep, except when someone else is finishing up her mural!
Sounds as if Wren's vet clinic is off to a marvelous start!

Wren's accomplished so much already! Marrying into a well-to-do household always helps, but Wren just knows what she wants.
Go Wren!

P.S. I would be Team Wren except that Lucretia reminds me of Nadia.... Looking forward to Lucretia's update!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2017, 08:31:01 PM »
I am laughing so hard about Joaquin's last name!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 12:45:23 PM »
Bismuth Zargon: Week One

The best thing about being sent on this mission was getting to learn all kinds of new and exotic recipes like Franks and Beans or Fish Tacos. Bismuth Zargon still didn't understand why he'd been chosen. There were plenty of other young Zargons who were geniuses or nature-lovers or incredibly talented. He was just someone who liked to cook and who loved his family. But the Sixamite Potentate seemed to have faith in him.
"Just make sure you get your family started early. That was where your ancestress slipped up -- she didn't get married soon enough. There's something called 'Alien Night' at the bars on Tuesday, so you should be able to find a mate then."

Tuesday was a long way off, though. After getting a job as a dishwasher (a confusing notion -- if the people of Simworld were capable of turning themselves into boxes that squirted water, they were obviously so technologically advanced that mere Sixamites couldn't hope to conquer them), Bismuth decided to kill some time by going to the Flea Market. He looked up fleas in his Sixamish/Simlish dictionary and discovered that they were tiny insects. Perhaps grilled fleas were a delicacy that he could learn how to make once he advanced as a cook.
Bismuth couldn't find any fleas, but he did locate a lamp that reminded him of home, which he bought.

He tried asking a couple of people where the fleas were, but they either rolled their eyes or suggested that he check out some dogs or cats. He spotted one young woman who looked as if she might be helpful. And if she turned out to be a Sixamite in disguise, then he would definitely be fortunate.

Sadly she seemed to have a tryst planned with some man. Was singing part of the courtship ritual of Sims? There was so much that Bismuth didn't know.

The next day was Monday. Bismuth would start work in the afternoon (assuming they didn't fire him when they discovered he couldn't turn himself into a dishwasher), so he turned to The Sixamite Guide to the Known Planets to find an interesting activity to engage in. "Fishing is something every Sixamite should try if they get the chance," the Guide enthused. "Besides providing the raw material for Artisan Fish Trio, fishing also puts one in contact with a body of water, a curious geological phenomenon unknown on Sixam."
Bismuth wasn't sure what the point of fishing was, so he returned to the Guide for another suggestion.

Bowling was an activity that was highly recommended. "Nothing is more satisfying than the clatter of ten wooden pins falling to the bowler's mighty strike," Bismuth read. Unfortunately the Guide was long on praise but short on actual instruction.

After checking to see that Bismuth wasn't seriously injured, the manager suggested that he go and learn bowling somewhere else before returning to his place.

At last Tuesday night arrived, and Bismuth hurried off to a bar to find his mate. Sixamites did indeed show up for Alien Night, but they were all male. Bismuth left that bar, but it was the same at the next bar he went to.

Finally he met a woman. Personality analysis revealed that she was noncommittal, a loner and a slob and also quite a bit older than he was, but Bismuth felt like he had no choice. To his relief, she accepted his kiss.

With no time to waste, he made his move.

A little while later, Thoria Coles indicated that she was pregnant.

Thoria's ambition was to be a rock star, so they bought a guitar for her.

Later that night, Bismuth was summoned to a meeting with the Sixamite Potentate. "I can't wait to see him," Bismuth thought. "What's the idea of sending me off to Alien Night when only one female shows up at the bar? Couldn't he at least have given me a choice?"

But if Bismuth spoke to the Potentate, he had no memory of it when he returned home. He had a vague recollection that someone had said, "I'm here to help you out," but everything had vanished in a daze.

Soon after that, Bismuth proposed. "I know you don't like making commitments, and that you prefer being alone, but if you want to get married, I'm certainly willing."

To his total astonishment (and some pain), Thoria shouted "Yes!" and leaped into his arms.

The next day, he congratulated her on her advanced state of pregnancy. "You're pretty far along, too," said Thoria. "Nah," said Bismuth, "this is just a chemical reaction caused by mixing franks and beans with garlic noodles."

Shortly before he was due to go to work, Thoria went into labor. "Should I go to work? Should I boil some water? Arrgh, if only I'd finished the rocket, I could have taken you to Sixam. Can we call your mother? Do you have a mother?"
"Chill," said Thoria. "I'll go to the hospital while you go to work."

But as she slid into the infant extractor, Thoria couldn't help having second thoughts. What if this was a special device reserved for getting aliens to reveal their secret plans? "I'll tell you everything!" she called out to the doctor. "Just get me out of here!"

Luckily it turned out to be a baby extractor after all.

They named her Selenia.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 12:56:24 PM »
And the first Zargon heir ends up having to win a race!  It would have been rather amusing had Bismuth's pollination baby been the firstborn!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 02:11:23 PM »
I loved Bismuth's update! So much charm and irony. Poor Bismuth--finding only a single female with somewhat undesirable traits at Aliens' Night.

I'm glad for Bismuth that Thoria accepted his proposal so readily.
Oh wow, a double alien pregnancy! How lucky for you!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 02:39:15 PM »
Hehehe, the guide cracked me up.  Especially since guides like that tend to be short on praise, not on instruction XD Wonderful update.  Bismuth is adorable.  And I love that he got abducted by his own people bwahahahahahaha

anything