Author Topic: Child sim won't get in bed?  (Read 19644 times)

Offline KimC

• Llama Wrangler
Child sim won't get in bed?
« on: February 10, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »
Hello, I've been reading the forums for a while, and can usually find the answers to my questions here without having to ask, but today something happened that hadn't before.  My child Sim won't get in his bed.  He slept in it for several nights, then one day my simbot cleaned the house and now the kid won't sleep in the bed.  When you que it up, he stands next to the bed with the little can't walk there bubble above his head and a picture of the simbot.  I don't have any mods or CC.  I've put the bed into my family inv, moved it around, tried to get other Sims to sleep in it, saved and reloaded, etc.  He slept in another bed that night. I finally got it so that someone else could sleep in his bed, then that night it did it again.

Anyone had this problem?  The bed is the Iconic Ionic Queen one, and I only have Ambitions and WA addons.

Thanks for any help!
Kim

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Child sim won't get in bed?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:37:49 PM »
Hi Kim. Welcome to the forum. I would try resetting the Sim via testingcheatsenabled. I would also try deleting that particular bed and maybe trying another one just to see if it makes a difference. Are you sure there isn't a pathing issue — something preventing the Sim from getting to the bed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KimC

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  There is no path issue, nothing changed from one day to the next other than the simbot making the bed, and he's standing right next to it.  Then when I did get other Sim to get in, she got right in on the side the child was refusing to get in on.  I'll just delete the bed and buy a new one, I just didn't know if the bed itself was glitched, its the first time I bought that one.  And he gets into the spare bed just fine, makes no sense  ???

Thanks!
Kim

Offline KimC

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »
Just wanted to update in case anyone else has an issue in the future, I deleted the bed and put him in a Sleep Slave bed, since the well-rested moodlet is higher anyway, and he's doing fine.

Crazy glitches  :P

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 01:54:15 PM »
Kim some sims, particularly children, have serious issues with simbots.  They freak out or get angry or a variety of negative things just by seeing one, so maybe the simbot freaked the child out and he refused a bed the simbot touched in case the "monster" put something scary in it.  I had an issue with a romance almost breaking up because one of the two involved had a simbot relative at their party!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 10:01:50 AM »
This sounds more like a case of a broken bed to me.  Try deleting the bed and just buying a new one.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline KimC

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 10:40:51 PM »
Thanks guys.  I did delete the bed and all has been fine.  My simbot has been around for 3 full generations, and this was the first time something that crazy happened with him, so idk.  I'm thinking it was more the bed than the simbot, but whatever, its fixed now, thank goodness.

Kim

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 07:12:22 AM »
Buy a replica, sell the original bed. I've got this bug like a thousand times and didn't find another way to get around it. It is anoying, besides the fact that it will constantly cost you money every so often.

Offline Filly

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 10:01:28 AM »
I have this same issue a lot in my household.  It happens to even the teenagers, adults, and elders.  How long have you been playing the household?

When a Sim sleeps in a bed on more than one occasion it become's theirs.  If you try to have another Sim sleep in that bed when you click on the bed there is an option to "Sleep in John's bed" or something like that.  In my household I usually have 3 or 4 generations at a time.  When the eldest Sim/couples dies I usually move the current Sims into the previous generations Sim's beds.  Example:  After great grandmother dies, move grandparents into her room, move the parents into the grandparent's room, etc.  After one or two nights of sleep in a new bed it belongs to those Sims.  This is usually when that bug starts to happen.  Regardless if the bed now "belongs" to Tom instead of John once in awhile I get that bug that won't let Tom or any Sim sleep in that bed.  I always end up having to buy a new bed.  :(

Sorry if that was long!

Nala3

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 03:11:07 PM »
Wow, that sounds like a problem I'm having with my grand piano. My sim won't play it because it's in use by her husband but he hasn't played it for weeks now - should I delete it? Will I have any problems cause you can't delete an object that is in use by a sim?

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 04:37:18 PM »
Wow, that sounds like a problem I'm having with my grand piano. My sim won't play it because it's in use by her husband but he hasn't played it for weeks now - should I delete it? Will I have any problems cause you can't delete an object that is in use by a sim?

Press Ctrl+Shift+C to popup the cheat window above in your screen. Type in 'moveObjects on' and press 'enter.' It is case sensitive by the way, so you should type the O as capitals.
Now delete your object. And you won't have any trouble with doing it that way.
Just make sure that after that you press Ctrl+Shift+C again and type in 'moveObjects off' to reset the cheat again.

Frey

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »
I've had this bug too after installing Late Night. My sims suddenly refuse to get in their beds and get the can't get there bubble, even when there's nothing blocking their way. I have no idea what's wrong, but selling the bed and buying a new one fixes it for me. I hope it helps!

anything