Author Topic: Sims jobs and professions keep disappearing  (Read 5225 times)

Offline captainsnicker

• Nooboo
Sims jobs and professions keep disappearing
« on: February 07, 2015, 01:37:24 PM »
Hi

I had a family of 3, an author, an investigator and a sim just starting out as a singer. They keep losing their professions for no reson, all at the same time. Certainly they are got on a Sunday morning (just before stipend payout!!!) and also other seemingly radom times I may not have noticed at first. My investgator lost is job but still had the opportunity to searc garbge bins. It had moved to his own house and wouldn't let me complete it.

I managed to fix it a couple of times using master controller then dragging the job progress bar repeatedly, but this isn't ideal, especially as my author erns raises based on how much royalties she earns and the other 2 lose gigs or in progress cases. When I married someone else into the house I gave them the job of scientist to see if normal jobs were affected, but she lost it too.

The jobs, or any past ones like part time, don't even show up in their job histories. University degrees are still present however

In the way of mods I have some from NRAAS (Master controller and extensions excluding the story progression one, overwatch, error trp, once read and saver), as well as one called mix multiple elixrs that i assume i got from mod the sims some time ago. All my mods are up to date. I have some custom content in both .package and .sims3pack form, but none of this has been changed in 6 months

My game is otherwise working fine. I have so far cleaned out the caches and tried running it without cusom content to no avail. I really don't want to lose this family, can anybody suggest something to try please?

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: Sims jobs and professions keep disappearing
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 04:51:31 PM »
Hi, captainsnicker.

You may want to try a new family to see if the problem is happening to just the original family or to all of your Sims. Also, try creating a new The Sims 3 folder in your Documents folder (known as a Factory Reset if you're not familiar with the concept). This will start you out with no mods or CC and you can eliminate that as a source of the problem.

Worst comes to worst, you can always save the family to the Library and add them in to a new game.

Hope this helps and happy Simming! :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline captainsnicker

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 09:36:26 AM »
Thanks, I've started a new family in the same world using author and investigator as that seems to be where the problem originated. They may starve before I see an outcome though, have sold most of the windowns so far! (sos, what are the money cheats, for this test i think I need a full inventory and lot to balance it out)

If i added them to library would starting them in the same world again in same house be more likely to cause bug to reoccur. This is fourth gen family, could their inventries be an issue? i know they are full, i want to keep things like photos from past generations, could i get something to put those in and try selling some of the ores and such to help? i was holding onto them in hope of an alchemist child but would rather save family and do that later

I know how to make new sims 3 folder by renaming old one, but what do i copy across?

Thank you for time

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 11:22:44 AM »
Copy across your saves, library, and saved sims. If it still works, copy across downloads and mods. Then test it out. You'll have to reinstall store content.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 02:59:06 PM »
Hi Captainsnicker,

This maybe overkill for what your trying to accomplish, but in the links below, it explains how to save your Sims and their houses from the in-game library to the exports folder.

How To: Save Sims 3 Files From the Library (Exporting Files)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20751.0.html

And what to save if you're wanting to start a new game. This link gives a little more detailed list as to what to save and copy over to your new game.

Saving folders/files to use on a different computer or to use as backup
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,16414.msg313134.html#msg313134

I'd recommend having a look. As Lisa said, copy the Saves, Library and Saved Sims, but there are a few others that you may want to take into consideration to copy over.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline captainsnicker

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 12:48:45 PM »
Thanks for all you help. I moved them to a new town, it seemed like the quicker route to test as they hadn't been in that one that long. They al lost their jobs again, but a few hours later the author died and all the jobs reappeard! Are there any known bugs with authors?

I will keep playing them in this world for now, but at some point I will do a factory reset and redownload all my mods just incase one is outdated. I have dragged this file through at least 5 full installations, and I didn't know about the removing it before an update so I probably corupted something somewhere. I know using a telescope sometimes restsmy sim o makes the game crash

I also have a huge list of files with titles like "ScriptError_MSIGE70-PC__02-09-2015__20-45-12__0CB0F917", I move all the old ones regularly into a seperate file and store on an external harddrive, not sure if they are safe t delete

So long story short it looks like my family may be saved, but i don't think i'll e living vicariously through an author in any fame i want to keep for a while :(

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 05:01:55 PM »
The script error things are safe to delete.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.