Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 162564 times)

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: Sharebears 2.9: Selvadorada Lite (03/30)
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2018, 12:52:17 PM »
awhh I love Dangos little bun hairstyle its so cute!

It's also really cool looking how all your photos of the girls so far are them doing stuff in a line together
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2018, 02:53:31 PM »
Well, I wanted to reserve judgment about which triplet would be my favorite, but then I told Mr. Fiori about their names and he immediately shouted, "Edamame!" so I think we're Team Edamame all the way, even though each of those sweet kiddos is totally adorable.
So glad your Sharebears got to go adventuring (and that they somehow mysteriously knew their way around ;) )! What a brilliant way to avoid boring, monotonous baby care! I may have to suggest that to my Sims when the time comes.
Bummer about the glitches temple triggers. I've not had that happen before and was hoping it wouldn't. :( Glad Benicio emerged intact!
A very fun chapter overall! And now for toddler pandemonium!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2018, 02:56:25 PM »
I'm happily catching up again. It's strange to see normal Vlad again. The three bear cubs picture was Inspired! Every story reminds me of things that I've never done. Like the Experimental Food Photos collection. Wow. So much stuff.

I've decided Selvadorada Villa is always the best. The fast travel through a loading screen is a benefit this time.

Congrats on the triplets! Dark hair and green eyes would win every time with me... but there are two of 'em. Looking forward to seeing them grow up.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2018, 10:26:31 PM »
Oh, sweet. I just love everything about this update. My comment was more a "gulp" for dealing with triplet infants. Toddlers aren't so bad. You had a master plan, though, which is something I will be stealing, for sure!
@reggikko    Thanks for the compliment! I was really worried about getting an "Oh no, not another adventure in Selvadorada!" reaction, lol.
As for the triplets, I was trying to figure out how fit in a trip to Selvadorada for Benicio when it hit me! Nothing is gained by staying with the nooboos (except socializing which doesn't matter for a legacy). It was the easiest nooboo stage ever!

Bwahahahahaha, the interconnectedness between all the Sharebears is just so awesome!  And those girls... oh my.  So gorgeous.  It will be hard, but I'm ok with that lol
@Shewolf13   The more all the Sharebears tell their stories, the easier it becomes to uncover links. The triplets are pretty neat. No regrets on that front at all. :D

Ohh the triplets are cute. Cant wait to see what kind of trouble they get into.
And glad to see that Benicio finally got on his adventures. Well deserved.
@LenaLJ      Sorry, but the triplets didn't get into trouble as toddlers.
Their toddler stage sped by in a flash and ended 12 hours earlier than I expected, haha.
Benicio's trip was brief but productive. Abandoning the triplet nooboos was totally worth it…

Loved getting the shots of the fabulous adventures of Benicio and his cheerleaders fellow explorers!
Quite a lot of good stuff happening in that update!  Promotions, aspiration work, and toddler shots of the lovely triplets.  Not that I have a favorite already, but...go Team Chacha!
@PeregrineTook     The update only covered two in-game days. I'm still trying not to get too far ahead.
Omg, you're championing Chacha? Was NOT expecting that, hahaha.

awhh I love Dangos little bun hairstyle its so cute!
It's also really cool looking how all your photos of the girls so far are them doing stuff in a line together
@wa-wa-world    Haha, the reason the triplets move around together like that is because I took those shots within like 5-10 in-game minutes after they were born, lol.
Now that you mention it, though, they do move around together a lot!

Well, I wanted to reserve judgment about which triplet would be my favorite, but then I told Mr. Fiori about their names and he immediately shouted, "Edamame!" so I think we're Team Edamame all the way, even though each of those sweet kiddos is totally adorable.
So glad your Sharebears got to go adventuring (and that they somehow mysteriously knew their way around ;) )! What a brilliant way to avoid boring, monotonous baby care! I may have to suggest that to my Sims when the time comes.
Bummer about the glitches temple triggers. I've not had that happen before and was hoping it wouldn't. :( Glad Benicio emerged intact!
A very fun chapter overall! And now for toddler pandemonium!
@FrancescaFiori      I choked on my beverage when I read about Mr. Fiori shouting, "Edamame!"   Y'all are some dedicated foodies. I love it!
     Yes, I highly recommend leaving someone home with the nooboos and going on vacation. No more in-fighting over who gets to change the dirty diapers!
That is so going to be my modus operandi from now on. In my legacy anyway.
     I'm a complete slacker when it comes to toddlers these days. I get them to Happy Toddlers and maybe try maxing another skill or two related to future aspirations.
After that (if there's any time left), the toddlers do whatever they want. Lazy beans!

I'm happily catching up again. It's strange to see normal Vlad again. The three bear cubs picture was Inspired! Every story reminds me of things that I've never done. Like the Experimental Food Photos collection. Wow. So much stuff.
      I've decided Selvadorada Villa is always the best. The fast travel through a loading screen is a benefit this time.
     Congrats on the triplets! Dark hair and green eyes would win every time with me... but there are two of 'em. Looking forward to seeing them grow up.
@Heart Foam       I'm glad you liked the bear cubs shot, because I found another one, hahaha.  This is only the second time I've ever had triplets in game.! So I feel like I should celebrate the occasion a bit. :D
      I'd never stayed in Selvadorada Villa before. Tbh, I didn't spend much time there as we only had 2 days for the vacation.
I'm thinking I'll eventually replace the Jungle Bungalow with another build eventually in my legacy, simply because it's allowed, hehe. The triplets are a great combo of their parents' hair colors and eyes. Gen2 looked quite different as children and as teens, so I'm chomping at the bit to see how they age up. It's a vicious cycle!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 2.10: Toddlers No More! (03/31)
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2018, 10:39:14 PM »
2.10: Toddlers No More!

Week 5/Monday

We all pitch in to support our legacy, some more willingly than others.

Jose: Remember the excellent-quality pufferfish nigiri-zushi I prepared last week?
I've discovered the perfect family member to eat it!

Mariko: Ugh, I'm a vegetarian so eating this pufferfish nigiri-zushi makes me feel both guilty and nauseous.

But I'm also a glutton so I can't resist eating all of it!

Since I'm feeling so uncomfortable and have zero cooking skill, the pufferfish I prepare is of poor quality.

Jose: *quickly stashes the platter in family inventory for future use. Mwahahahaha!

Benicio: Papa teaches, plays, and chats with Dango and Edamame until they're his good friends.
Alejandro and I will really benefit from Papa's Patriarch trait!

Tuesday

Sherilee: Alejandro worked today, but Benicio and I spend all day fishing.
I still fail to catch my 20th fish for Angling Ace.

Benicio: Can we continue fishing after the toddlers age up?
I should be spending my time with them instead of fishing with you.

We return home to find three scowling toddlers.
Chacha (left): Why would you leave us at home, Papa?
Dango (center): Yeah, we couldn't sleep!
Edamame (right): And now we starving and cranky!

Dango: Mama, I'm tired of you reading to me.
Mariko: I know, sweetheart, but you're the only triplet  without maxed Imagination.
Plus, I need to "Read to a child" for another hour.

Dango (mutters): As if she'll ever finish Big Happy Family…

Edamame: I know you didn't just shush me, dawg! *points and does head-bob

Chacha (sings to the radio): So I like what I see when I'm looking at me
When I'm walking past a mirror!
  Sing it, Mary J!

Wednesday

Benicio: Alejandro and I both bring home Level 6 promotions today. Sweet!
I want to pay a few visits tonight, but first I write an Archaeology skill book.

Thanks to Papa's Patriarch trait, I learn Writing faster sitting nearby.
And Papa's aiming to earn the Long-Lived trait so he can stick around longer.

Benicio: The book written, I take Mama and my girls to visit one of my co-workers.
My colleague, Ashton, lives with wife and kids in the Sable Square district.

After introducing myself to his wife Mariela, I shamelessly deliver an archaeology lecture to a captive audience.
Don't judge me! It was my last goal for Archaeology Scholar!

Anyway, that's Ashton on the sofa and his wife standing in front of him.

Ashton and Mariela have two children around the same age as the triplets.
That's the inquisitive Elektra in the red jumper.

That's her brother, Jaxton, who's wild just like Edamame.

If you haven't guessed by now, I'm getting ready to host a toddler play date.
There's one more house I'd like to visit tonight.

Alejandro's girlfriend, Yumiko Ishikawa, lives in Oasis Springs with their son Warren.
I'm surprised how much Warren looks like Alejandro and I did as toddlers.
Little Warren even has our rosebud mouth!

Alejandro: Back home, I'm still slogging through "100 hours on the computer."
Writing novels doesn't work like it used to, but I discover chatting online counts.

Benicio: You're surely thinking this is another boring shot of me skilling.
You couldn't be farther from the truth.
See that Selvadoradan dirt clump, enlarged and floating in the sky?

This image, my friend, is a visual quotation of Magritte's 1963 surrealistic painting "A Sense of Reality."
Oh? You're not amused? Sorry! (Go ahead, google it. Lol)

Thursday

Benicio: Toddler play date!
Jaxton Faust is one of the first guests to arrive.
We complete the "Play with toddler" goal together.

Warren of the puckered rosebud lips also arrives in his party wear.
You can see Elektra Faust back there, precariously making her way to the playground.
Did I mention that Jaxton is wild?

Benicio: I hear our watcher muttering something about not giving "someone" a Potion of Youth later.
Something about repeatedly picking up a toddler who's trying to complete a party goal.

How old are you now, Mariko dear?
Mariko: Who me? I'll be an elder in six more days. Why?
Oh nothing. Just checking. *coughs

Benicio: Look, Ashton! My daughter Edamame is introducing herself to your son!
Ashton: Awww, she's so shy. It's adorable!
Benicio: Pulled the wool right over your eyes, did she?

Benicio: Around this time a lot of things happen at once.
We receive the girls' birthday notices (which we weren't expecting for another 12 hours).
Our toddler play date reaches the gold-medal zone.
Alejandro finishes work with a promotion and branches to eSport Gamer.

Arriving at our party venue, Alejandro immediately kneels before Yumiko and proposes.
Naturally, she accepts.

Time to end this party!

Benicio: Back home, I phone in a birthday party for the girls right away.
Except for Papa being unable to "Mix drinks for everyone," the party's a smash!

Earning the Happy Toddler trait, the girls grow even lovelier than ever!
All three are aspiring Whiz Kids.
Dango's a Genius like me, while Chacha and Edamame are Gluttons like Mariko. *shakes fist at Mariko

Legacy Score: 50/103 (+3 points)
Athletic (+1)/34 maxed aspirations
Fortune (+1)/Total family worth over $510,000
Deviance (+1)/34 Potions of Youth

Sims
Jaxton and Elektra Faust are the sims of FrancescaFiori, aged down to toddlers.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Sharebears 2.10: Toddlers No More! (03/31)
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2018, 11:04:16 PM »
Oooo, awesome toddler play date!  Ugh, can't wait to get to toddlers in my RKC so I can do that! lol  Hehehe, giggled at Jaxton.  My niece was like that as a toddler.  We'd dress her and she'd always end up barely half-dressed by the end of any outing XD  Oh the girls just get lovelier!  I am going to have such a hard time XD

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2018, 03:54:33 AM »
Ohh the Faust children. I see what you did there ;)
The toddler girls are all really cute, and even though you left them alone for way to long and therefor took away toddler time from us all.
You are not to happy with Mariko lately?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2018, 09:38:14 AM »
That's it I've officially decided Dango is my favourite!

Also geeze that floating rock gave me a heart attack I was straight up thinking meteors from sims 3 and that he was about to be squished
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2018, 10:46:01 AM »
Woot!  Three lovely toddler girls and Yumijandro is official.  So sweet!  Such an adorable update.
Go team Chacha!!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2018, 11:42:00 PM »
Oh, man, the shot of the three scowling toddlers! Nooooo! What a bummer they still haven't fixed that bug. They're still cute, though, even with their lower lips sticking out several miles.
Hooray for the adorable Faust twins making their debut! And hooray for Edamame introducing herself first. Way to be proactive! That's my girl.
I'm sorry to see those little cuties age up, but they are darling little girls!
And hey! Fifty points! You're pretty much halfway there, and you're only on Gen 2! Woohoo!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2018, 11:02:54 AM »
I love that dark hair, green eyes combo. They are all adorable.

I love the lot you used for the play date. I haven't done one of those yet, but I guess I'll have to at some point.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2018, 04:31:53 PM »
Oooo, awesome toddler play date!  Ugh, can't wait to get to toddlers in my RKC so I can do that! lol  Hehehe, giggled at Jaxton.  My niece was like that as a toddler.  We'd dress her and she'd always end up barely half-dressed by the end of any outing XD  Oh the girls just get lovelier!  I am going to have such a hard time XD
@Shewolf13
I'm always so happy when there's enough toddlers in my simverse to host a toddler play date.
Yes, your RKC sims need toddlers! :D

Ohh the Faust children. I see what you did there ;)
The toddler girls are all really cute, and even though you left them alone for way to long and therefor took away toddler time from us all.
You are not to happy with Mariko lately?
@LenaLJ
Yes, the Faust twins! I'll probably find that I was better off with their default traits, but thought ageing them down to toddlers would be a fun, new way to introduce them into the story.
Also, I hadn't meant for the adults to fish so long but I kept them fishing "just one more hour," hoping to catch the right fish! Sherilee only needed one more fish for her aspiration but she and her boys failed to catch an anglerfish or red-tailed black shark after fishing all day. Grrr!

That's it I've officially decided Dango is my favourite!
Also geeze that floating rock gave me a heart attack I was straight up thinking meteors from sims 3 and that he was about to be squished.
@wa-wa-world
Lol, you picked Dango for her traits, her looks, or her hair?
How funny about the meteor but sorry about overworking your heart!

Woot!  Three lovely toddler girls and Yumijandro is official.  So sweet!  Such an adorable update.
Go team Chacha!!
@PeregrineTook
Yep, adorable toddlers who aged up to pretty little girls. I hope teendom will be kind to them, too!

Oh, man, the shot of the three scowling toddlers! Nooooo! What a bummer they still haven't fixed that bug. They're still cute, though, even with their lower lips sticking out several miles.
Hooray for the adorable Faust twins making their debut! And hooray for Edamame introducing herself first. Way to be proactive! That's my girl.
I'm sorry to see those little cuties age up, but they are darling little girls!
And hey! Fifty points! You're pretty much halfway there, and you're only on Gen 2!  Woohoo!
@FrancescaFiori
I haven't suffered lately from that bugs where all toddler needs tank whenever I leave the home let with another household member. When Sherilee and her posse returned from fishing, the girls' energy bars all happened to be really low.
When the toddler play date started, I realized with horror that I'd never selected the party outfits for the triplets and Jaxton, lol. Maybe I need to place a dresser somewhere in that park for future wardrobe mishaps.

I love that dark hair, green eyes combo. They are all adorable.
I love the lot you used for the play date. I haven't done one of those yet, but I guess I'll have to at some point.
@reggikko
As you probably know already, that is the Park & Play lot by MaxisCreator_01 to which I added 2 more bathrooms, a stereo, and I forgot what else. Toddler Play Dates are fun and easy, without any impossible tasks like the Black & White Bash (listen to piano music, ugh!)
By the way, does studying Hammy insta-complete homework for teens, too?

Idiot that I am, I mistakenly posted my shot of Magritte's A Sense of Reality painting in my Townie Dynast thread. So, for those who haven't seen it yet, here's another shot of Magritte's original.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 2.11: What's That Spot!
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2018, 04:42:30 PM »

2.11: What's That Spot?

Week 5/Thursday

Chacha: I'm a glutton, Mama. Why do I even need to become a Whiz Kid?
Sherilee: Because Gorging isn't a skill, dear. Anyway, it's good to be well-rounded!
Don't you feel lucky? You're the only one who gets to play with Grandma!
Chacha: Honestly, Grandma? No, I don't! Dango's the lucky one!

Dango: Well, I have the Genius trait so naturally Papa mentors me!
Edamame: Whatever! Maybe you're being mentored, but I still beat you to Mental 3.

Dango: How'd you do that, Eda? You're just a glutton!
Edamame: So what? Gluttons can't be intelligent, too?

Friday

Mariko: Once the girls are done with homework and off to school, I work on the garden.
We've been somewhat lackadaisical about evolving the garden plants, but that's a mistake!
One point in the Food category requires two perfect-quality food ingredients!

Jose: After I'd been working out exclusively on the climbing wall, Sherilee forces me to switch to a treadmill.
Sherilee: Darn straight, I did! You're only Fitness 6 and you've already maxed your body potential!
Hurry and complete Bodybuilder so we can slim you back down! Sheesh!

Sherilee: Today, I spend the entire workday outside of The Lab, digging.
Sadly, I only find one new metal and one new alien. What a waste of time!
Because of me, the girls didn't bring home B's and Benicio missed a promotion today.

Saturday

Alejandro: We spend the morning heavily exploiting Papa's Patriarch trait.
After I'm done maxing Logic and Handiness, I get started on Wellness.

Benicio: I max DJing then start on Bowling, only to discover that Bowling isn't effected by the Patriarch trait.
Bowling takes forever to level. I'll try again another day when I'm very energized.

Week 6/Sunday

Sherilee: I can't understand why it's taking me so long to finish Angling Ace!
Alejandro: What are you trying to catch anyway?
Sherilee: I just need my 20th fish, so I'm trying to hook an anglerfish.
Alejandro: Okay, I'll fish for that red-tailed black shark for our collection.

Jose: I start out exploring Desert Bloom Park's dig sites then check up on the girls.
How great to see that all three of them are socializing!
Chacha's made a friend and the Faust twins have shown up, too!

Chacha: What's your name again?
Boy: My name's Isaiah Mahoney. So, you're a glutton? Well, I'm lazy.

Dango: That's so cool that you're a geek, Elektra! I'm a genius, you know!

Edamame: Hey, Jaxton! Remember me from the toddler play date? It's me, Edamame!
Jaxton: Yeah, I remember! Excuse me a sec, I'm grossed out from touching a frog. I need to go wash my hands.
Edamame: Oh, you must be squeamish! Me? I'm a glutton like Mama and Chacha.

Shirelee: Jose joins us fishing at the back of the park.
We fish for so many hours that even Mariko maxes fishing.

Mariko: Huh? What's with the "even Mariko"? Did I just get dissed?
Shirilee: Not at all. I meant "even Mariko who didn't need to level fishing." Are we good?

Benicio: Mama has Papa, Alejandro, and Mariko helping her with the fishing.
So I pop out my archaeology table to see if I can complete the artifacts collection.
Only need three more now!

Chacha: We only need an A at school to finish Whiz Kid.
Dango: Otherwise, we've already maxed Mental, Creativity, and Motor.
Edamame: Papa tells us to stay out of trouble because everyone's busy but all the other kids went home.
Chacha: So…Hello, mirror in the public restroom!

Sherilee: I'm so disappointed in myself! I could only catch 19 out of my required 20 fish!
Thanks for catching the red-tailed black shark, Alejandro!
Jose (mutters): Stupid angler fish!

Benicio: By this time, it's 9 pm and I suddenly realize we completely forgot about the Flea Market today!
Darn, darn, darn!

Jose: Hey, do you remember that Jungle View Restaurant we visited last time in Newcrest?
Apparently, the wait staff took too long serving the food due to all of the stairs.
So Jungle View closed down, but the new Jungle Restaurant opened in its place!

Benicio: I request the table for eight in the back patio and we all eagerly peruse the menu.
I replaced two of the three four-sim tables with a table seating 8 sims, then added candles because it was too dark at night.
I was looking for a venue that was long rather than wide, and this fits perfectly!

Mariko: I'm the only vegetarian so, if nobody minds, I'll order for us all.
Jose: Just don't forget that we're still collecting Experimental Food Photos!

Dango: Pssst, Uncle Alejandro. May I ask you a question?
Alejandro: Of course, though I don't know why you're whispering.
Dango: Why is our waiter dressed exactly like Grandpa Jose?

Mariko: Wow, Chacha and Edamama both inherited my Glutton trait!
Chacha and Edamame (in unison): Gee, thanks!

Benicio: Congrats on maxing Social, girls! Too bad you're stuck on Whiz Kid.
Dango: Yeah, we've maxed all four skills now. Whose brill idea was it for us to start with Whiz Kid?
You'll thank me later. *coughs

Monday

Benicio: Early this morning, Alejandro and I are shocked to receive our birthday notices!
Our young adult stage is over already? It seems like we were teens just a while ago!

Alejandro: Benicio gets home from work at 4 pm and I leave for work at 5 pm.
During that one-hour window, we both drink a Potion of Youth.
We can now enjoy a second 12-day young adulthood!

Edamame: Allow me to let you in on a little secret: my teen aspiration will be Chief of Mischief.
That's the only reason Papa brings me here to the Humor & Hijinx Festival.

Papa, Grandpa, and I join the Pranksters, naturally.

Edamame: Did you see that shot of me doing the ole "What's that spot" prank on Elsa Bjergsen?
Grandpa is sitting there, looking all mellow, but he's working his Patriarch mojo on Papa.
I only reach Mischief 5 but, with Grandpa's help, Papa maxed the Mischief skill. Pffft!

Dango: Grandma, Chacha, and I joined the Jokesters, but kids can't learn the Comedy skill.
Chacha and I have fun chatting with lots of new people, anyway!

Benicio: And, of course, the Pranksters win!

Legacy score = 51 points (+1 point)
Knowledge (+1)/89 skills maxed

Lots
Jungle Restaurant by ladyloial (30x20 lot, Gallery)

The Household is Ageing
   • Jose/Gen1 (1 day to elder)
   • Sherilee/Gen1 (4 days to elder)
   • Mariko/Gen2 (2 days to elder)
   • Benicio/Gen2 (12 days to adult)
   • Alejandro/Gen2 (12 days to adult)
   • Chacha/Gen3 (3 days to teen)
   • Dango/Gen3 (3 days to teen)
   • Edamame/Gen3 (3 days to teen)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sharebears 2.11: What's That Spot? (04/07)
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2018, 05:07:20 PM »
Ohh i love those 3 girls, they are so unique, but I know that is also your way of writing that does that. Cant wait to see them as teens.
Is everything still going as planned for the households?
What have you discovered as the hardest on short lifespan untill now?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Sharebears 2.11: What's That Spot? (04/07)
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2018, 05:56:40 PM »
Go Chacha!  I mean...lovely update!  The girls are all adorable and it's fun seeing how you're giving them each some moments to "get to know" the forum.  And Chacha's clearly the best  ;=)
I loved the "gee thanks" moment the girls had about getting the glutton trait!
You're really doing a great job on this challenge.  I'm intentionally not looking at your stat/scoring post so I don't feel too discouraged  ;=)

anything