Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 162250 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Sharebears 2.13: It's a Sicilian Message (+ Heir Vote) (04/13)
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2018, 09:03:33 PM »
I voted!! I voted!!! I loved this update. Especially with Mario and Luigi. 

Your updates are so wonderful oshizu.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2018, 10:43:45 PM »
Another heir vote already!  Time flies when you're having fun!  I voted for Princess Peach and Luigi.  (kidding)

I love the concept of voting for both the heir and cadet.  That's cool.   :)  Are the Faust twins' traits pre-determined or randomized?  Just curious. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2018, 10:49:36 PM »
Voted Chacha.  Of course.  Because she's the best  ;=)
Loved the random Mario surprise.  I mean, I wouldn't have if we were actually voting blindly, but since it was just hijinks, loved it!
Can't wait to see Chacha announced as heir!!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2018, 10:56:35 PM »
I voted.  Man, that took far longer than it should have to decide XD I love all the girls, honestly.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2018, 11:03:18 PM »
@BallerinaHippo
I just want to quickly address your question about the Faust twins' traits.
Pairs of male/female twins have been uploaded to the Gallery for download into our games as spouse prospects.
They appear in the Gallery as young adults with fixed traits and aspiration. We can introduce them into our game as we choose and marry either twin.
I chose to place the Fausts into my game as toddlers so all three traits are randomized. Placing them as children randomizes two traits, and so forth.
But I'm keeping the Public Enemy aspiration because that's the aspiration chosen by their creator (FrancescaFiori).

So to answer your question, the Faust twins' traits/aspiration are pre-determined but can be randomized. Haha, are you more or less confused now? :-)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »
I voted too. All of the girls are great and would do well at their chosen endeavors so it really just came down to which ones I wanted to see you play. :P Good luck!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2018, 11:56:25 AM »
Well the heir vote was easy but cadet? I think I changed my mind at least a dozen times but vote now cast.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2018, 12:48:25 PM »
Hooray! I got to vote for my favorite hair AND my favorite heir. :) I agree that cadet was hard, though . . . so I went with hair on that, too. The girls are all gorgeous and chock ful of potential, but really, any sims in your expert hands are bound to do amazing things.
The Nintendo costumes are amazing!
I can't wait to see what these Sharebears get up to next, but in the meantime I may have to go and re-watch The Godfather.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2018, 01:35:50 PM »
I can't believe it's heir vote time again! Edamameeeeeeeee!!! Come on, a chief of mischief heir with a pubic enemy spouse is too perfect for words!!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2018, 03:20:58 AM »
I voted!! I voted!!! I loved this update. Especially with Mario and Luigi.  Your updates are so wonderful oshizu.
@sdhoey
I'm glad you liked Mario and Luigi (and Princess Peach). Triplets are super-rare for me so I went looking for fun costumes for the three of them.

Another heir vote already!  Time flies when you're having fun!  I voted for Princess Peach and Luigi.  (kidding)
I love the concept of voting for both the heir and cadet.  That's cool.   :)  Are the Faust twins' traits pre-determined or randomized?  Just curious. 
@BallerinaHippo
The idea of having people vote for the triplets without knowing who was wearing which costume briefly crossed my mind, lol.
Maybe I'll run a future heir vote on the basis of rolled traits/aspirations, before the heirs age up to teens. I don't know.
Thanks so much for voting!

Voted Chacha.  Of course.  Because she's the best  ;=)
Loved the random Mario surprise.  I mean, I wouldn't have if we were actually voting blindly, but since it was just hijinks, loved it!
Can't wait to see Chacha announced as heir!!
@PeregrineTook
I'd thought that you, of all people, would guess that I'd had Chacha dressed as Princess Peach. Lol!
Dango & Edamame would be the Mario Bros. since they're identical. :D

I voted.  Man, that took far longer than it should have to decide XD I love all the girls, honestly.
@Shewolf13
I'm curious, Wolfie...do you find it easier to choose when when there are only two heir candidates?
But, I agree with you--all three girls ended up with different trait-based characters. And Chacha's looks are very different from Dango/Edamame.

I voted too. All of the girls are great and would do well at their chosen endeavors so it really just came down to which ones I wanted to see you play. :P Good luck!
@dontmindme
Thanks so much for stopping by to vote! Haha, I wonder which one that would be? I'll PM you once the heir vote closes.
And, by the way, I'm looking forward to reading about your RDC. :D

Well the heir vote was easy but cadet? I think I changed my mind at least a dozen times but vote now cast.
@HelenP
I hadn't expected the cadet vote to be harder than the heir vote! Haha, I guess each of the three has something different to offer. :D

Hooray! I got to vote for my favorite hair AND my favorite heir. :) I agree that cadet was hard, though . . . so I went with hair on that, too. The girls are all gorgeous and chock ful of potential, but really, any sims in your expert hands are bound to do amazing things.
The Nintendo costumes are amazing!
I can't wait to see what these Sharebears get up to next, but in the meantime I may have to go and re-watch The Godfather.
@FrancescaFiori
I laughed that your voting criteria is so hair-based. Awwww, what a nice thing to say about my sims.
Although you will probably change your mind when you read about the botched death thing in my next update. It went soooo wrong!
As for The Godfather, I swoon over Robert de Niro as the young Vito Corleone! But I doubt that Mario and Luigi are actually Sicilian, haha.

I can't believe it's heir vote time again! Edamameeeeeeeee!!! Come on, a chief of mischief heir with a pubic enemy spouse is too perfect for words!!!
@rika1431
My Gen2 heir vote started about 5 weeks ago--does it seem so soon to you? If I do one heir vote a month, this legacy will take me a year to finish.
That's waaaay too long for me! I have other plans, lol!
Or do you mean all of the Sharebear legacies? Several of us have chosen Democracy for heir selection---personally, I love choosing other simmers' heirs, hehe.
Thanks for choosing Edamame. She thanks you.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 2.14: Hustle and Bustle (+ Heir Vote)
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2018, 03:46:38 AM »

This updates features no dream sequences, no crazy costumes, nor other nonsense of that nature.
The household simply gets down to business with only a week to go until the triplets become young adults.

2.14: Hustle and Bustle (+Heir Vote)

Week 6/Thursday

Edamame: It must feel nice to be likable like my perfect sisters.
Chacha has been excused from earning the Bad Manners or Argumentative trait.
She just does her Renaissance thing.
Dango, future Super Parent, has been doing homework and writing in her journal all day.

Edamame: Meanwhile, I'm still being expected to become Insensitive. Seems pretty unfair to me!
I have been spamming mischief and mean socials ever since the Humor & Hijinks Festival.
My Empathy bar has barely budged!
But I do homework only 3-4 times and my Responsibility soars!

There has to be a better way to earn negative Empathy! *puts on thinking cap

Mariko: I've been working so hard in the garden and our collections lately!
But Benicio tells me that what I really need to be doing is stuffing myself.
Is this some kind of joke? I'm a glutton! That's what I do!

Edamame: Sociable creature that I am, I invite the elderly Sofia Bjergsen over to share quality time together.

Though I use all all my best mean and mischievous lines, she doesn't get enraged.
Is that because of her Cheerful trait?
No matter! I'm making serious progress on Chief of Mischief!

I can't persuade Sofia to drink more than one Red Hot Serum, so I summon the Big Guns.
Grandma only convinces her to drink a second Red Hot Serum, but not a third. Phooey!

Edamame: Sofia is now officially enraged, but then so am I!
However, I'm banking on the fact that teens can't die emotional deaths.
*mutters: You better be right about that, Watcher!

Friday

It's well past midnight when I get bored of arguing with Sofia.
For one thing, I still haven't finished my homework!

I'd asked Grandma to upgrade the SimRay earlier so I mind-control Sofia to eat.
Bet you've been wondering what that table and chair are doing there....bwahahahaha!!!

Grim: What kind of sordid scene is this? Can anyone explain what's going on here?
Sherilee: Actually, I was busy opening VoidCritter booster packs, so I wasn't an eye-witness.
I do know that Edamame had been trying "liberate" Sofia by anger or pufferfish since yesterday.

Grim: Why's this woodworking table in the middle of the room?
Sherilee: Oh that! Edamame started crafting an angry sculpture but had to leave for school.
It looks like Sofia wet herself and died in her own puddle, doesn't it?
Doesn't that yellow ghost mean she died of embarrassment?

Grim: I have no idea! You'll have to hope she appears as a ghost in a few days.
Then you can "Ask what happened." *rolls eyes

Sherilee: On the plus side, I complete the VoidCritter collection just minutes before work!

Jose: Hey, Mariko, great job with the garden!
That elderberry bush you spliced is now producing perfect-quality basil and tomatoes!
Mariko: Yay! *continues eating an entire cake by herself

Jose: Preparing Minestrone with perfect basil and tomatoes earns us another Food point.

Dango: Grandma Sherilee had started collecting Plushies early this morning.
But it's evening by the time Uncle Alejandro, Edamame, and I complete it.

Dango: You're probably thinking that we're incredibly lucky to finish 2 collections in one day.
Chalk it up to our founder's sheer determination!
Uncle Alejandro, Eda, and I only opened holiday crackers for 3-4 hours.

But the majority of those duplicates? That was all the work of Grandma Sherilee.
And we ran out of room to take them all out of our inventories!
*enters Build mode, selects the foundation, and deletes all the duplicates in a flash

Jose: I've started Painter Extraordinaire for the Expressionistic trait.
I want to make some emotional sculptures without needing to be angry or playful.

Benicio: I joined the Interstellar Smuggler branch today and I'm still learning comedy.
First singing and now comedy? Why am I stuck with the skills our watcher hates?
Because you work fewer days a week than your brother Alejandro, that's why.

Chacha: I'm the only one who's gone to work so far.
But why was I "On vacation" from school today?
Sherilee: Who knows? Your sisters earned A's in school today, Chacha dear, but you can catch up.
I'll even help you with your project!
Chacha: Yeah right! I know you're just working on your Super Parent aspiration, Grandma.

Benicio: On your left is Mariko when she moved into our house.
The right photo was taken tonight.
We're claiming another Food point for Mariko getting fat from our family's cooking!

Sherilee: Oh goodie! You can also test my Slimify Serums, Mariko!

Saturday

After midnight, I max Mischief and earn the Problem Child achievement! Go me!
You'd think I'd have maxed negative Empathy after so many hours of effort!
Bah, I'm still only about 50% done! You'd think becoming Insensitive would be easier, right?

Benicio: And I've finally mastered Comedy, people!
I think this calls for a celebration at The Jungle Restaurant!

Benicio: Mama ages up to an elder while we're waiting for our table.
Until that moment, I hadn't realized that she's covered with red splotches. Oh dear!

Sherilee: I keep forgetting to test my serums, but I offer chubby Mariko a Slimify.
And it doesn't work. Oh well, I'll try making more when we get home.

Edamame: I slip away while our meals are being prepared to clog my first drain.
Why is there a shower in the diners' bathroom?

Benicio: Sorry about ordering you the Vanilla Sea Shells and Chocolate Caviar, Dango!
I hadn't expected any of the desserts to be non-vegetarian!
Dango: No worries, Papa. *gags
I'll just leave for work feeling Very Uncomfortable… *staggers off

Edamame: We make two more stops on the way home so I can clog drains and finish Chief of Mischief.

Chacha: Um, I'm the creative triplet, Mama. Why am I learning Handiness?
Sherilee: First of all, Handiness is a crucial skill that every sim should know!
Mostly though, Dango and Edamame are busy but I want to level my Parenting by mentoring.
Chacha: Okay, but you owe me for this!

Dango: After work, I visit Sixam for the first time with Eda, Papa, and Uncle Alejandro.
There, I find and polish the missing geode in our collection. Yay!

Watchette asks me to introduce myself to this female alien.
Initially, I believe Watchette wants to promote interplanetary relations.
In truth, Watchette wants us to "eliminate" this alien for custom-content theft…

Jose: Well, dear Sherilee, we are both elders now.
Sherilee: Yes, we can dye our hair but we can't alter our lifespan.

Jose: Have you been happy, Sherilee? Is this the life you wanted?
Sherilee: Yes, Jose, absolutely.
If I were given another chance, I would go find you and do everything the same.
Well, everything except that botched-up debacle with Sofia Bjergsen!

Jose: All things considered, I think you and I have gotten a lot done in our time!
Sherilee: Agreed. Benicio's been doing a great job. I'm just a little worried about Gen3...

Legacy score: 56 points (+4 points)
Food (+2)/Mariko gets fat from family's cooking;
                Jose makes Minestrone with perfect-quality Tomato & Basil
Nature (+1)/9 collections (+ Voidcritters, Plushies, Experimental Food Photos, and Geodes)
Deviance (+1)/55 Potions of Youth on lot

If you haven't already, please cast your vote for the Generation 3 heir! Pretty please?
For more information about each of the three heir candidates, return to the end of the previous update: 2.13: It's a Sicilian Message (+Heir Vote).
To vote, please click here to go to the survey on an external site.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Sharebears 2.14: HustIe & Bustle (+ Heir Vote) (04/15)
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2018, 10:56:47 AM »
Wow, poor Sofia dies to help this household but no one even knows what death type it is.  I half expected your RDC police squad to burst in an solve the mystery  ;=)  (still Team Serena)
Dear, sweet Chacha making such sacrifices to help her mama.  See?  She's obviously the best choice for heir!
Another lovely update and so much solid progress made!  I really need to get going on collections  :=/

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2018, 01:27:02 PM »
wow...I still can't believe that you have over 1/2 the points in just 5 weeks!  Girl, you are CRAZY GOOD! 

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2018, 01:40:24 PM »
Did i just miss an update, so now there are two, so much lovely stuff to read.
How do you get the holiday crackers actually? I did not know you could get that one still.
The girls are lovely in each their way. I have been doing my voting, cant wait to see who wins.
And what a lovely photo to end it all with.

I must go play (when I get time, so that I can catch up)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2018, 02:57:37 PM »
@LenaLJ   The crackers are able to be purchased in buy mode.  I just do a search for crackers and they pop up.

anything