Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 162755 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Sharebears 3.20: Notice Me, Perry Senpai! (04/28)
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2018, 08:00:16 AM »
haha!  Nice update!  I wish you luck in finding a nanny like mine!  Man, if you feel 10 kids is going too slow for you, when you're on short lifespan, I am in serious trouble! 

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2018, 11:22:58 AM »
I had been wondering why you were having Dango have a baby since it wouldn't count towards your 10.  I didn't realize you didn't know you can do the Super Parent interactions with someone else's child.  Rilee finished hers off with the grandkids.
Good heavens, clone-of-me!  Lovely Chacha's right there!  Notice her!  And yes, I had noticed the very clever name wordplay with him.  Maybe he could now notice how awesome Chacha is!
The toddlers are adorable!  Loved the "toddler parade" as they were heading to the flea market.  So much adorable-ness!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »
I forgot you were doing strict equality.  So Fussy Fugu is not an heir candidate, either. 

Congratulations on getting your 10th death type!  That's a lot of work for one legacy point. 

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2018, 02:41:25 PM »
To get perry and chacha together you could try the talk up sim and then hook up with interaction under other sims, but I sometimes you will get 2 notifications simultaneously saying "Thanks me and other sim are dating" and also "Why didnt' you tell me they were seeing someone" even if they're both single

Nice job getting 10 deaths! And on the 13th collection... you're flying through this aha
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2018, 06:31:48 PM »
that's a lot of toddlers XD C'mon, Perry and Chacha! Get to it!
@Shewolf13
I've decided to make Perry and Chacha wait so their children's ages will be close to those of the heir candidates. :D

ohhh 5 toddlers, so much cuteness, and so much trouble all at once :P
Glad Jaxton is doing so great, I know you where worried about him.
@LenaLJ
The children have all been doing great, but their watcher's enthusiasm and focus have started to flag.
And, yes, Jaxton has been a champ! He didn't even have Connections but he's almost caught up to Edamame's career level.

haha!  Nice update!  I wish you luck in finding a nanny like mine!  Man, if you feel 10 kids is going too slow for you, when you're on short lifespan, I am in serious trouble!
@simfulicious
Lol, I'm ready to delete that elder nanny from Manage Households. Or, I guess, I could take her into CAS and transform her into a YA Brazilian lifeguard male?
What I meant about the slowness is that if I hadn't mistakenly let Dango have a kid, I'd now be 60% done instead of just 50%.
And then there's the waiting until their young adult birthdays!
No matter what lifespan one plays, raising those 10 kids is rather agonizing. In my case, it helps that they're all cute, but still...
Wait a minute, doesn't Charlee already have 5 or 6 kids? Hahahaha.

I had been wondering why you were having Dango have a baby since it wouldn't count towards your 10.  I didn't realize you didn't know you can do the Super Parent interactions with someone else's child.  Rilee finished hers off with the grandkids.
Good heavens, clone-of-me!  Lovely Chacha's right there!  Notice her!  And yes, I had noticed the very clever name wordplay with him.  Maybe he could now notice how awesome Chacha is!
The toddlers are adorable!  Loved the "toddler parade" as they were heading to the flea market.  So much adorable-ness!
@PeregrineTook
Lol, too late to share the tip now. :D  But yeah, I thought the "Have a child age up with 3 positive traits" had to be one's own kid. Oh well, things will all work out!
Perry practically lives at the legacy house these days. I'd remove him from the club but he's such a great helper! o.O
I'm looking forward to learning whether you'll do the 10 children thing with Gen3 too. But then, you'd have to kick out the cadet Ablowitz.:( (You notice what I did there?)

I forgot you were doing strict equality.  So Fussy Fugu is not an heir candidate, either. 
Congratulations on getting your 10th death type!  That's a lot of work for one legacy point. 
You're right, only naturally-born sons qualify. But Fugu's so much fun to play that I might keep her around until she's a YA. :D

To get perry and chacha together you could try the talk up sim and then hook up with interaction under other sims, but I sometimes you will get 2 notifications simultaneously saying "Thanks me and other sim are dating" and also "Why didnt' you tell me they were seeing someone" even if they're both single
Nice job getting 10 deaths! And on the 13th collection... you're flying through this aha
@wa-wa-world
I did have Edamame try the "talk up" and "hook up" interactions, but he replied (in the last update): "She just doesn't sound that interesting." LOL
It's actually been pretty hilarious...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 3.21: Slower than Snails
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2018, 06:32:25 PM »

3.21: Slower than Snails

Week 8/Monday

Edamame: Really, who wants to spend their entire adulthood looking after kids?
I have a career to max, a husband to smooch, and goals to meet!
That's why I ask Dango to move out today so I can adopt Cuatro.
Jax and I now have four toddlers and one nooboo--we're halfway there!

Tuesday
Dango was happy to go live with her hubby Elektro and our in-laws in Sable Square last night.
Do you remember she invited Elektro over after we visited the Flea Market on Sunday?

Check him out this morning with his second-trimester baby bump!
And their son, Daikon, looks like such a Faust!

When we receive Uma and Twain's birthday notices, I realize that we need a kids-only club.
Oh! Dango forgot to return the leadership of the Good Timers to me before leaving!
It just takes 5 minutes to join the club and ask her to step down. Problem solved.

Jax: Once Uma masters her potty skill, Eda and I help both kids age up.
And, after giving them both makeovers, my lovely wife gives me a makeover, too!
Edamame: Hubba hubba!

Jax: With so many adults and kids milling around the house, I can't change Cuatro's diapers!
After two hours of waving my arms, I move him to a different room and lock the door.
Aaaaah, now I can finally change him.

Edamame: I'm still trying to master all the mentor-able skills near Papa.
Just this morning, I reach Violin 10 and Piano 10.
And this is the photo that maxes my Photography skill.

In that photo with Papa, he's wearing the spider necklace but I'm not.
Grandma Sherilee had wanted all her heirs to wear the spider necklace, so I put one on, too.
I ask Jax to take a photo of me so I can have my portrait repainted with the necklace.
And because Jax looks so hot with his new look, I'm going to paint a new portrait of him, too.

You probably think we're an unlikely couple to head a legacy.
Gluttonous, ambitious, kleptomaniac me and squeamish, loner, lazy Jaxton!
But our love is rock solid. At first, I worried about being required to marry him.
I even considered choosing Elektro, with his much better traits, instead.

But then Jaxton stole my heart with his lopsided grins, stealing my breath with his passion.
So throw all the shade you want at our lousy traits.
Cuz, folks, Jax and I will be working it! Just you wait and see!

Our son Cuatro ages up.
Sorry, kid! You'll be running around in your diapers until your pappy gets home from work.

In case you're wondering, each child will be helped to complete one aspiration.
Only future heir candidates will receive more mentoring beyond that.
Because…10 children.

Wednesday

Trei gets a shot all by himself for maxing his potty skill.
Why? Because this little guy mastered our legacy's 144th skill!
Go Trei!

Jax: I invite Anaya Vatore into the Partihaus Club (which Alejandro passed onto me).
I call a club gathering and queue up a few chess games.
Edamame: Hey, if you're gonna play chess, Jax, I might as well mentor you!
Anaya: Starting to feel a little uncomfortable here…

Grim: Quit your fake mourning and run along, you two!
I'm aware that you are both working on the Public Enemy aspiration.
You've witnessed your death, now go take a moodlet solver or something and let me reap in peace.

Jax: Edamame and I still haven't found a solution to our good-for-nothing nanny.
While I'm doing my daily task, the nanny sits there chit-chatting with the other adults.
She should be more pro-active, checking whether any of the six children need her!
Oddly, though, she hasn't left our home at all since Monday night.

Jax: The nanny thinks she'll play video games on my computer after I've left for work.
But those green lines mean our watcher plans to snatch that puter and store it in family inventory.
What happens if we simply delete that nanny?

Edamame: Nobody in the household has had the option to ask Elektro to leave.
He's been huffing and puffing all day. Quite alarming, really!
When we finally force him to leave, Dango runs after him and goes into pre-natal panic.
I can't wait to host some toddler play dates!

By the way, Chacha left on Monday to go to work, I assume.
But Perry's been here ever since Sunday's Flea Market.
It's nice to see him slowly getting to know the family.
And thanks for helping Uma with her project!

Thursday

Fugu: I'm making real progress toward the Mediator trait!
I've been running around fixing bad relationships left and right.
Plus, my parents teach me to say sorry whenever they can.
If I completely ignore my aspirations, could I become the teen to earn five upbringing traits?

Edamame: Trei and Cuatro are still mourning yesterday's death (which they didn't actually see).
Sorry, little guys, Papa needed that for his Public Enemy aspiration.

Daikon: Thanks for playing chess with me, Uncle Perry!
Perry: My pleasure. But why have you been watching that nanny like a hawk, kiddo?

Daikon: Well, she gets inappropriately flirty with the male sims in the house, even us boys.
And who does she think she is, chewing out Fugu like that?
Does she not realize what Fugu's parents do for a living?
Perry: Well, let's hope the nanny likes fish--she'll be swimming with some real soon…

Jax: *fires the nanny
Daikon: Ooooh, she got off to easy! I'm so disappointed in Uncle Jax!

Friday

Edamame: Trei is ready to age up just in time.
He blows out his candles and gets his makeover before the other kids leave for school.
Thanks for your enthusiastic singing, Tetsu!

Trei is now a loner Whiz Kid and Perry is there to play three games of chess with him.

Perry spends so much time here that I worry about his relationship with Chacha.
By the time our tenth child is born, I bet Perry will have maxed Logic!

And here are our fabulous five plus Dango's son, Daikon!
Toddler Cuatro celebrates his birthday tomorrow.
Next week, four of the kids will be moving out as teenagers for sure!

Household Ages
Jaxton Sharebear: 4 days to adult (Criminal 5)
Edamame Sharebear: 6 days to adult (Criminal 6)
Uma Sharebear: 3 days to teen (adoptee)
Twain Sharebear: 3 days to teen (adoptee)
Daikon Faust: 5 days to teen (Dango's son)
Fugu Sharebear: 5 days to teen (naturally born but ineligible)
Trei Sharebear: 6 days to teen (adoptee)
Cuatro Sharebear: 1 day to child (adoptee)

Before starting this legacy, I'd been reading a legacy where the writer posted their current score at the start of each post.
I enjoyed seeing how they were doing, so I tried that in this legacy but my points seem to draw more attention than my updates themselves.
My first legacy (Aug 2016 to Jan 2017) on normal lifespan earned points even faster than this one, by the way, but it wasn't noticeable and nobody looked at my score post.
So anyway, from now on, I'll only be be posting the source of new points.

Legacy Score: +1 point
Knowledge (+1): Maxed 144 skills

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »
Aww, bummer lol, but it makes sense.

I had to go back and look at your legacy succession laws to remember.  So several of the children are not even eligible, right?  Fugu isn't, as well as any of the boys that were adopted right?  So if my memory serves, Cuatro and Trei are the only ones?  Or is Uma a natural born child as well? Anyway, they all look good!

Hehehe, Jax and Eda are a great couple!  Loved Grim scolding them for faking grief lol "Couple that slays together, stays together!" (Not my quote, I heard it somewhere, but not sure where XD)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sharebears 3.21: Slower than Snails (05/05)
« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2018, 09:33:58 AM »
You are doing a fantastic work with the children. Liking the fact that you help them all completing 1 aspiration.
I am abit sad you take away the total of points at the end of your post. It just showed you that you did both an amazing story and amazingly with the points.

And send Perry home, Chacha needs kids too.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2018, 07:39:10 PM »
Aww, bummer lol, but it makes sense.
I had to go back and look at your legacy succession laws to remember.  So several of the children are not even eligible, right?  Fugu isn't, as well as any of the boys that were adopted right?  So if my memory serves, Cuatro and Trei are the only ones?  Or is Uma a natural born child as well? Anyway, they all look good!

Hehehe, Jax and Eda are a great couple!  Loved Grim scolding them for faking grief lol "Couple that slays together, stays together!" (Not my quote, I heard it somewhere, but not sure where XD)
@Shewolf13
Thank you for always reading and commenting! <3
Since I've opted for Strict Traditional (naturally born kids only) and Strict Equality (male heirs this generation), none of the kids so far are eligible for heir candidacy.
I am trying to save the birth of the last three male heirs for last. Not sure if that's the best idea, but that's what I'm doing, lol.
"Couple that slays together, stays together." Hahaha, I like it. I wonder if it came from World of Warcraft?

You are doing a fantastic work with the children. Liking the fact that you help them all completing 1 aspiration.
I am abit sad you take away the total of points at the end of your post. It just showed you that you did both an amazing story and amazingly with the points.

And send Perry home, Chacha needs kids too.
@LenaLJ
I still get carried away and start helping them complete more than one aspiration but it's rather pointless.
Well, if you ever get curious about my score, I always update my second post on Page 1 while I'm playing.  ;)
Haha, Perry is such a good helper, though! Chacha always leaves for work but I've been inviting her back now.
Also, I want Edamame's sisters to have children around the same time as the Gen4 heir candidates are born!
That way, I can gush over toddler play dates with everyone's kids! LOL

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2018, 07:50:38 PM »
Oh ok.  I guess for some reason I thought there was one of the boys that was naturally born.  Forgot they were all adopted!  And you are welcome ^^  I don't remember where I got it XD lol, could have been WoW, come to think of it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 3.22: My Hammy Vice
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2018, 07:58:54 PM »

Keep spending most our lives  ♪
Livin' in a hamsta's paradise♫

3.22: My Hammy Vice

Week 8/Friday

Jax: Just think, Cuatro, tomorrow's your birthday! Are you excited?
Cuatro: No! I don't want to grow up! I want to live here with Papa forever!
Jax: I'm sorry, son. There isn't enough room in the house for everyone to stay.
Cuatro: But I wanna grow up to be just like you, Papa!

Hey there! I believe we haven't met yet.
Allow me to introduce myself and, since he doesn't speak Simlish, my next-door neighbor.

My next-door neighbor and I moved in this morning, right after Trei's brithday.
That's my crib on your right.

I live next door to Bubalus, who I've nicknamed Blub because his name's impossible to remember.
Did you know that Bubalus is the scientific name of a bovine genus that includes water buffalo?
Yeah, I learned that from Wikipedia while trying to figure out how to spell Blub's darn name.

Is it just me, or does Blub look like a furry violet platypus with horns?

And my name's Hamstarino. You can just call me Hamsta, though some folks call me Hammy.
I don't have a voidcritter card named after me or anything, though I star in an arcade game or two.
Oh yeah, my name also inspired that popular crime drama from the 80's!

Huh, you wanna know how I've lived so long after that TV show?
Duh, anti-ageing treats!

So, Edamame has asked me to host today's episode. Hope you don't mind.
In the adjacent room, birthday-day boy Trei starts Whiz Kid with the help of  Grandpa Benicio.

Benicio's sparkling but the watcher hasn't figured out yet how to abuse that Full Parent Mode.

Meanwhile, Cuatro thinks up a possibly sure-fire plot to stay in the house longer.
He bites and yells at the new nanny until she's livid!
I check his Conflict Resolution after a bit to see how he's doing with the Argumentative trait.
Nada. Maybe he needs to wait until he's a kid?

I'm thinking an heir candidate (Fugu isn't one) should work on Mediator, too? *rubs paws together gleefully

Jaxton comes in to introduce himself. Blub and I are both big fans of Jax!
The watcher's so clueless about us mini-pets. She has her Sharebears buy us without doing the homework first.
Hey, not true! I spent an hour online last night, reading about hamster bedding and enrichment toys!

Anyway, Jax goes online and buys us permanent anti-ageing treats. We're safe!

The kids all return from school and begin their homework.
You see Edamame sparkling in the back corner? She's finally gone into Full Parent Mode!

She had to call all her children to the Focus Room and lock the door but, hey, success!
Now, which kid will age up with three positive Character Value traits first?

Finally, Uma wanders over to check out that rumor circulating around grade school.
Yes, of course, you can insta-complete your homework by studying us rodents, sweetheart!
Too bad being in range for the Responsible trait is meaningless for you!
You and Twain move out two days from now.

You may have noticed Blub sprawled unceremoniously on his bed.
He can be such a boor at times! I mean, he's a good neighbor and all, but dat pose! Ugh.

On the other hand, yours truly prefers a little privacy when I snooze.
I may be a hamsta, but that don't mean I don't understand discretion, y'know what I mean?
If only the Sharebears would buy me softer bedding, my life would be poifek.

Fugu consults Auntie Dango about her Social Butterfly aspiration.
Apparently, the only children Fugu's age all happen to be Sharebears.
Yep, Fugu is unable to make her three child-age friends.
So, Watcher, you gonna add some kids for Fugu or not?
…Not, because she isn't an heir candidate.

Saturday

Edamame gets off work all excited about her promotion, believing she's completed Public Enemy.
Sorry, hun, you're only Level 7. Only one more promotion for that!
Edamame: Eh, too bad I only work two days a week now.
Hamsta: On the plus side, you are killing that career outfit!

And then, naturally, Edamame stops by to thank me for the compliment.
What? You've noticed a blatant narrative favoritism which tilts toward myself?
Oh puhleeze! There's only so much material to be squeezed from a name like Bubalus. *rolls eyes

Both Cuatro and our watcher are over the moon about Cuatro ageing up with the Hotheaded trait.
For one thing, he now has an edge for staying on in the house.
And that is…

When Cuatro lights into his favorite nanny again, he makes quick progress toward Argumentative.
This surely makes Fugu's position precarious, since we now know that Mediator isn't hard to earn.

Edamame: Does he make faster gains because he's hotheaded or is that from his toddler days?
Benicio: Remember how long you argued with Alisha Friend and you still never maxed it?
Edamame: Ugh, don't remind me!

Fugu: Noooo! I'm not going to let Cuatro push me out! I'll earn Emotionally Uncontrolled, too!
Hamsta: But even after you smash Twain's school project, your Emotional Control stays green.
Aren't you better off trying to earn all five positive traits, Fugu?
Fugu: Oh, you're right, Hamsta! I'll be the first! Thank you! *runs over to the doctor set

Jax: Eda darling, do think it's good parenting to pit the children against each other?
Edamame: *shrugs

Week 9/Sunday

Cuatro: I declare the nanny my enemy and am close to being within range for Argumentative.
Mom, could you dismiss this nanny and hire another one so I can finish up?
Better yet, let's go to the park so I can argue with random strangers.

Hamsta: Do Cuatro and Fugu realize there's room for them both to stay until they're young adults?
Edamame: You hush or I'll give you an IQ Limiter Treat!

Hamsta: Jax branched to the Oracle career during his last shift.
It's about time his organization gave him a career uniform! Looking good, Jax!
Jax: Feeling good, Hamsta!

Fugu: At Desert Bloom Park, I run over to introduce myself to two kids new to our world.
By the time we leave for home after nightfall, I've finally finished Social Butterfly!
But I'm not even starting another aspiration so I can keep working on character values.
I wanna be our watcher's first sim with five upbringing traits!

Hamsta: Tsk, tsk. We all know the negative traits are much harder to earn than the positive ones.
I'm declaring Cuatro today's real winner! He's even two days younger than Fugu.

Cuatro: You think the readers know that I'm a nice guy deep down inside, Hamsta?
I'm just taking one or two for the team. Do you think I could earn the Irresponsible trait, too?
Hamsta: Well, we can certainly try, though that trait's new to me.

Edamame: Eh, before this legacy, the watcher only ever got Responsible and Good Manners!
So shoot me. I'm a minimalist!

Monday

Hamsta: And then it's birthday time for Uma and Twain!
Uma is a vegetarian geek with the Friend of the World aspiration.
Twain is a dog lover and cat lover with the Master Chef aspiration.
The kids leave for school soon, so there's no time for a makeover today.

Uma and Twain both move into Yuma Heights with Filly and Gregorio Sharebear.
Byeeeee!

Edamame: I'm off to adopt a little girl next but first, are you interested in trying for one of our own?
Jaxton: Am I ever!!!!

Hamsta: We will spare you the details of what follows the image above.
Know that Edamame will bring home their sixth child soon after, with another child on the way.
And that's all the news worth knowing for now, folks.

Legacy points: Unchanged

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: Sharebears 3.22: My Hammy Vice (18/05/16)
« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2018, 08:15:23 PM »
Lol, Hammy is a great narrator. Congrats to Cuatro for his negative traits and good luck to Fugu, here's hoping she can make it. Can't wait to see the newest babies. You're doing great and I enjoy reading this every day.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2018, 09:42:48 PM »
Love Hammy! hehehe, also I really love the Criminal career's outfits at least the higher level stuff. Look at all the red for Cuatro!  I've only managed to get Good Manners and Responsible too XD

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2018, 09:55:56 PM »
Hammy is a great narrator.  Love the title, too. 

With the new adoption and a baby on the way, that means you are at...*counts on fingers*...seven?  Is that right?

And I still love Eda and Jax.  It's convenient when you can have a couple do The Oracle and The Boss together.  It reminds me of Pippin's Blur and Ericka.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2018, 05:59:58 AM »
Growing up so fast.
I love that they are battling about staying in the house. Cant wait to see a new nooboo, will we soon see a comming heir.

anything