Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 162293 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 4.43: A Time Slip for Real (Watcher's Note) (26 July)
« Reply #300 on: July 27, 2018, 01:45:13 AM »
4.43: A Time Slip for Real (Watcher's Note)

I'm more than halfway done with the next update, which will be the last update for Generation 4.
However, I've run into a weird glitch in my game which I'd like to briefly explain before I continue playing.

As you know, I always mark the progress of story-time by week and day.
As readers, you probably don't notice the week/day headings that much at all.
I find it extremely useful for keeping track of births, birthdays, seasons, the temporal coverage of updates, and so forth.
Of course, Seasons has given us the calendar but I usually note significant dates in OneNote for the timespan of the in-progress update.

Anyway, my previous update ended on Tuesday afternoon.
In the following, I'm sharing only screenshots I found in my Recycle Bin which have timestamps:

Sunday (Winter 1)
After the family celebrated Founder's Day and Liz caught a few more bugs in Granite Falls, the family ended their vacation and went home.
In the evening, they left for the Willow Creek Library to fish. No success.

Monday
Several household members had the Angling Ace aspiration, including Hakuto and Ikura, and were eager to finish it.
Late Sunday evening and again on Monday, they visited Sylvan Glade to fish.

Tuesday
Very early Tuesday, they went fishing again at the Forgotten Grotto.
They went home after completing Angling Ace. Mathias needed to go potty and eat.
While they were home, Kirsten transformed into a vampire.

A few hours later, the brothers went fishing at Desert Bloom Park where Jaga immediately completed the fish collection.
The brothers headed home right away, after which four household members prepared to move out.
At this point, I saved/exited the game for the night.
In game, it was Tuesday afternoon and all 3 kids were a day away from their birthdays on Wednesday.

A New Gaming Session: Tuesday
Today, I reloaded the game and resumed playing from Tuesday afternoon.
After moving Hakuto and Yesenia to Chateau Frise in the late afternoon, I tried to move one of their kids out.
But a sim in the target household was on vacation, and the game asked me if I wanted to their end their vacation.
I clicked enter and my game crashed.

Monday (Again)
After rebooting my game and playing for a sim-hour or so, I realized that the in-game day had gone back one day.
Not only is it Monday morning (again) but all 3 kids are still one day away from their birthdays on Tuesday.

I thought that perhaps I had loaded the wrong file, but I checked the fish collection which I completed yesterday (irl) on Tuesday.
And guess what? It's complete on Monday now, just like it had previously been complete on Tuesday.

Are you as confused as I am yet?
So…I don't really know what happened but my Sharebears have moved back one day in time to Monday (irl today), while retaining everything that had happened up to late Tuesday afternoon (irl yesterday).
My apologies if you find this all incredibly boring.
Since the Sharebears project is about parallel realities and my legacy story contains several backward or parallel time slips, I thought this was a very weird glitch, indeed.
It also bothers me like crazy to have the previous update end on Tuesday, with the next update going back to Monday. Now you know why. *sighs
Tomorrow, I will be posting a "real update."

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Re: Sharebears 4.43: A Time Slip for Real/Watcher's Note (26 July)
« Reply #301 on: July 27, 2018, 06:36:30 AM »
Oh the birthday thing keeps happening to me, Twins will never have a birthday on the same day even if they age up on the same day the calendar will show their birthday in like 2 weeks and then the other twin will have 2 weeks+1 day or I'll load in and my child sims birthday was on Saturday but after a reload it's suddenly on Monday! I think theres a glitch with the calendar?
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #302 on: July 27, 2018, 07:28:49 AM »
Yeah, mine's doing something similar, heck my game has had a lot of moments since installing Seasons where the game thought someone was aging up but they weren't. I'll have to keep a closer eye on the actual days, tho. I do think mine's been doing something weird with birthdays, too, the twins' birthdays were two days apart once.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »
Your Sharebears are Timelords?!?!?  That's not fair!!  I suppose the next Sharebear son could simply be named The Doctor?  Yes, I just dropped all sorts of nerd in here.  Actually, I suppose now the next daughter could also be The Doctor...
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the bonus day with your family  :=)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #304 on: July 27, 2018, 11:47:11 AM »
I'm going to have to pay more attention - at one point I thought the game was a day earlier than it previously had been, but I figured I was just mis-remembering since I'd switched over to play some on a challenge game.  But now I'm thinking maybe I was right and it did glitch.  The other thing that happened related to the calendar is that my sim made a New Year's Eve resolution which was being tracked on the Simology tab - she had 6 days to have a significant other; after exiting and reloading, the resolution was gone.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #305 on: July 27, 2018, 02:42:02 PM »
My twins age up on the same day. My probably is that sometimes, I have like 4 birthdays in one day. lol

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2018, 05:46:17 PM »
Oh the birthday thing keeps happening to me, Twins will never have a birthday on the same day even if they age up on the same day the calendar will show their birthday in like 2 weeks and then the other twin will have 2 weeks+1 day or I'll load in and my child sims birthday was on Saturday but after a reload it's suddenly on Monday! I think theres a glitch with the calendar?
@wa-wa-world
That's so odd about twins' birthdays happening a day apart! PeregrineTook mentioned the same thing happening to his Rilan and Rileen.
I'm afraid to admit that the staggered birthdays hasn't happened to me yet because, since my game is like a glitch magnet, I'll probably jinx myself and start suffering birthday woes, too.
Are you saying that both your children's age bar and the Calendar agree to the same birthdays?
With Kirsten, Liv, and Mathias, both their age bars AND the calendar got reset. Grrrrrr.

Yeah, mine's doing something similar, heck my game has had a lot of moments since installing Seasons where the game thought someone was aging up but they weren't. I'll have to keep a closer eye on the actual days, tho. I do think mine's been doing something weird with birthdays, too, the twins' birthdays were two days apart once.
@dontmindme
Because the Hound's Head lot is located so close to the beach, my game gets that "You can't do that while someone is ageing up" notice whenever any sim or pet on the beach ages up.
It's soooo annoying, right?
Oh weird about the twins' birthdays being two days apart. If both twins had accomplished enough by the first kid's birthday, I might just cake them up together.

By the way, I've been thinking of you often lately. How's your move coming along?
May your move be finished quickly and smoothly so that we may all enjoy reading about your legacy again!
On a serious note, good luck with everything!

Your Sharebears are Timelords?!?!?  That's not fair!!  I suppose the next Sharebear son could simply be named The Doctor?  Yes, I just dropped all sorts of nerd in here.  Actually, I suppose now the next daughter could also be The Doctor...
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the bonus day with your family  :=)
@PeregrineTook
You put de lime in da coconut and drink em bot' up.
You put de lime in da coconut and you'll feel better.
Hahaha, I'd been having so much difficulty crawling to the girls' birthday.
Getting moved a day back from Liv's visit to Granite Falls in summer (to finish Outdoor Enthusiast and start tent sleeping) feels waaaaay more like a punishment than a bonus.

I'm going to have to pay more attention - at one point I thought the game was a day earlier than it previously had been, but I figured I was just mis-remembering since I'd switched over to play some on a challenge game.  But now I'm thinking maybe I was right and it did glitch.  The other thing that happened related to the calendar is that my sim made a New Year's Eve resolution which was being tracked on the Simology tab - she had 6 days to have a significant other; after exiting and reloading, the resolution was gone.
@GlazeyLady
It's so weird that everyone's been experiencing strange lapses in calendrical time!
And how weird about Shae's New Year's Resolution icon vanishing from her calendar! The problems seem to occur whenever we reload after saving/exiting the game.

My twins age up on the same day. My probably is that sometimes, I have like 4 birthdays in one day. lol
@sdhoey
Lol, is the 4-birthdays-in-one-day issue caused by the 10-kids-in-one-gen thing, or are your sims' birthdays moving around on their own?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 4.44: Remembering
« Reply #307 on: July 27, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »

4.44: Remembering

Week 15/Tuesday

Jaga: The other adults in the household are almost done packing to move out.
I will stay in the house a while longer to help with my son Mathias and Kirsten's future children.

For Kirsten's protection, we're waiting until nightfall to go out to dinner.
Meanwhile, Kirsten asks the nanny for a bite to eat.

I'd invited Akito over to train Kirsten, but he won't come.
We get an absurd message that he's unable to go out because he's a vampire.
He's a master vampire without full sunlight resistance!?
Kirsten makes do by casting hallucinations on everyone in the house. Nobody is spared.

Maja has decided against moving to Chateau Frise with Hakuto and Yesenia.
Their kids will be young adults soon, so that house will get crowded fast.

Ikura and her niece Mallory have a smaller home in the much warmer Oasis Springs.
It's a lovely Spanish-style hacienda called Casa de Ruthless.
They've kindly invited my beloved Maja to join them, so she decides to move there instead.

Meanwhile, Hakuto and Yesenia are tying up a few loose ends before moving.
Yes, they already have teenage triplets, but wait until you meet their daughter!

Hakuto: Hmmmm, confetti coming through the wall from the bathroom.
May I safely assume, dearest Yesenia, that you're eating for two?
Yesenia: *returns to bedroom and shares the big news
Hakuto: Once Kirsten has done her vampire ya-ya on us, let's move out, shall we?

Monday
Note: As I explained in the last "update," my game crashes not long after Hakuto and Yesenia move out.
After rebooting the game, it is now Monday morning instead of late Tuesday afternoon.

Jaga: Liv manages to bring Akito to the house by adding him to her Good Timers club.
After Kirsten asks him for vampiric training, he free-ranges until she can request training again.

Akito: Well, hello there, gorgeous! My name's Sims 4…may I crash at your place tonight?
Alexa: I'm still a teen so maybe ask my father Hakuto? He's right over there.

Takuya: Hey, aren't you going to be Liv's cadet spouse, bro?
Akito: Look, I'm bringing my maxed career and master vampire rank. I'm a cadet spouse in name only.
Besides, that Liv doesn't like boys…

Jaga: After dark, I invite the family out for dinner, as planned.
We arrive at a new Japanese restaurant in Newcrest named Miyabi, which means "elegance."
Maja: Why are we standing outside in the snow in our formal wear? It's freezing!

Kirsten: It's so cool seeing everyone in their formal wear.
Poor Takuya is stuck sitting between my parents. I hope they don't interrogate him.

Jaga: Tomorrow, Kirsten becomes a young adult and the official fifth-generation Sharebear heir.
Tonight, on the eve of a new stage in our legacy, I've invited you here to remember the past.
I especially want Takuya and Akito to learn of our legacy's history since they'll be joining us soon.

Earlier this morning, I ran into my mother in a room that I always keep locked.
(I still can't believe how she tricked me into giving her that poisoned floral arrangement.)

Anyway, her presence reminded me that the founder did a retrospect on her generation's achievements.
But my grandfather Benicio and mother Edamame never did so.
Perhaps because life raising so many children was too hectic?
I believe tonight's the right moment to reflect on what the Gen2 and Gen3 heirs accomplished.

Benicio Sharebear was a sim of many talents who achieved numerous firsts.
For example, he was the first in our Sharebear legacy to set foot on Sixam.
Altogether, he maxed 29 skills, 12 aspirations, and both the Fast Food and Interstellar Smuggler careers.

Thanks to our crazy watcher, each of our legacy's leaders have travelled to a parallel reality.
Our founder Sherilee received a mysterious oracle as part of a dream divination in Selvadorada.

Soon after becoming the heir, Benicio found himself stranded in Dagobah.
Benicio was then forced to prove his worth by the sagely Yoda, who turned out to be our watcher in disguise.
So far, he's the only one of us lucky enough to have visited Yoda's Hut.

Benicio's life was very close to, but not quite, perfection.
Instead of marrying for love, he chose to wed a Chief of Staff with three unique traits.
The watcher and founder both rejoiced over Benicio's sacrifice as the doctor career is time-consuming.
Benicio treated his wife with indifference after she gave birth to their triplet daughters.
On the other hand, Mariko was forever entranced by Benicio's…achievements. *coughs

Benicio will always hold a special place in the watcher's heart.
He is her first sim ever to complete the Archaeology Scholar aspiration.
Wherever Benicio went, the women stopped and sighed at his…toolbelt.
Living at the legacy house until his elder birthday, he loved, nurtured, and mentored his kids and grandkids at every opportunity.
He was a greatly beloved and respected sim!

Mama Edamame and her sisters also had odd dream experiences.
In a parallel universe, Edamame's jailed for having taunted both the Chief of Police and a Senior Detective.
She meets her cellmate, Sherilee Darebear who reveals startling news.
A multiverse of paraellel realities exists, each with a different flavor and style.
Darebears, Werebears, and Carebears, oh my!

Due to Benicio's Patriarch trait, Edamame currently holds the record for most maxed skills (31) and aspirations (20).
Ever a troublemaker, she was also a loving sister and thoughtful daughter.
She was first to complete the Chief of Mischief and Public Enemy aspirations and the Babysitter and Criminal/Boss careers.

Unlike her father Benicio, Edamame was extremely blessed in the marriage department.
An ambitious, klepto glutton, she leaped headlong in love with the squeamish, lazy loner Jaxton Faust.
The watcher claims she's never played a couple with such lousy traits.
No one doubted the deep bonds of love, trust, and passion that Edamame and Jaxton shared. 

Edamame and Jaxton shouldered the burden of adopting/having 10 kids for the legacy.
They raised 5 adoptees and 5 naturally-born kids who earned both points in the Parenthood category.
This couple played hard, worked harder, and even engineered the 10th death type (by cardiac arrest).

Takuya: I never realized what a strange yet wondrous family this is.
Jaga: Well, there are other Sharebear legacies, too, and they each possess a unique flair.
It's been great sharing these memories of the past with everyone here tonight.
Everyone: *nods happily

Takuya: And what about your time-slip experience, sir?
Jaga: Oh, please call me Jaga or, even better, Dad. I'll tell you all about mine another time!

Tuesday

We're almost done with our meal when, unexpectedly, the girls' birthday notices arrive around 1:30 am.
It takes us a while to clear the table to make room for a birthday cake.
Too bad we can't have two at a time, like at home!
Kirsten goes first, ageing up into a music lover, insider, and foodie.

Liv steps up to the birthday cake next.
She ages up into an outdoor-loving, family-oriented genius.

Back home, the girls ask Takuya and Akito to move in. Of course, they both agree:
Takuya moves in out of love for Kirsten, Akito with hope of the legacy's support to better himself.

Takuya is an active sim who shares the cheerful and cat lover traits with our founder's spouse Jose.
That's why I offer him a Re-Traiting Potion left by Papa Jaxton. Totally the watcher's idea...

But first, I anxiously re-roll Takuya's traits.
The fates are with us and Takuya is granted three unique traits!

Keeping his original Nerd Brain aspiration, he is now a geek, art lover, and music lover.

Takuya: What would have happened if I'd rolled a non-unique trait?
Kirsten: Let's not think about that. We've got some rejoicing to do, baby boy!
I'd never tried a Re-traiting Potion on a potential primary spouse before. We got lucky!

What a relief that the Re-Traiting Potion proved a fabulous success!
With Takuya in the house as primary spouse, I can unveil my portraits of Kirsten and him.

May Kirsten and company bring this legacy to ever greater heights.
One major goal of this fifth generation consists of completing the last four aspirations.
That is, Outdoor Enthusiast, Master Vampire, Good Vampire, and Vampire Family.
I wonder what other surprises the new generation holds in store for us?

Legacy Score: +3 (84 points)
Family (1): The Gen5 heir Kirsten reaches young adulthood
Creative (1): Portraits by Jaga Sharebear to memorialize Kirsten and Takuya
Love (1): Takuya Sasaki's brings 3 unique traits (Geek, Art Lover, Music Lover)

Amazing Lots
"Casa de Ruthless" by ruthless_kk (Gallery)
"Japanese Restaurant 雅" by Momofy (Gallery). The name is read "Miyabi."

Chapter Notes
*Happily, Kirsten and Liv received their "Celebrate birthday" notices in rapid succession.
  If they hadn't, I would have aged up the second one with the first. *shrugs
*In retrospect, it's a good thing that Edamame married Jaxton and not Elektro/Elektra.
  Elektra aged up from a toddler with Takuya's exact same traits: Geek, Art Lover, Music Lover.
  What a strange coincidence!
*We're allowed to use a Re-Traiting Potion on a primary spouse in hope of re-rolling unique traits, like I did for Takuya.
*Also, on Pinstar's Legacy website, I inquired about the scenario of the evil, unflirty, snob vampire, Orfeu.
  Could I move him in for his unique traits, then use a Re-traiting Potion to get better traits to pass on to his children?
  Pinstar's answer was NO.
  Whatever traits we apply to the Love category must remain until the next heir is born.
  After that we can re-trait without affecting the Love category's points.

Up next: Soooo very much happened soon after the girls' birthdays!
              Mathias the toddler also ages up to a child on Tuesday. Scouting here we come!
              I'm thinking that Kirsten should bring along Takuya for her time-slip adventure, whatever that may be. *waggles eyebrows

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
Re: Sharebears 4.44: Remembering (27 July)
« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2018, 07:36:40 PM »
The memorial thing was so cute I had no idea Edameme s gen completed so many aspirations!

That was an amazing bit of luck getting perfect traits for Takuta too,Im glad he didnt wind up with something like mean

And like the age bar added an extra day onto one of my Caliente kids (triplets) so two were older than the other, same with their mother her twin and her husband and his twin they all got separated in days before their elder birthday like the game just went !!! And gave them an extra day ranomdly so then their birthday moved up a day in the calendar too

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #309 on: July 27, 2018, 10:38:55 PM »
@oshizu it's going super slowly, truthfully. I'm writing a batch of updates right now so that I can post them in the near future. Luck's still holding on passing the Founder's genes, Sophie's first two look exactly like her, it's spooky.

As to the update itself, I had such a lovely time looking back on your legacy. These things can go by so quickly, it was nice to have a little time to reflect. Kirsten makes a scary vampire, good luck to Takuya, he will need it. Also, congrats on the reroll and thanks for confirming that we can use these suckers. I'll probably have to use one for the Faust twins if they make Primary Spouse as Sophie's husband has one of their traits. Congrats on making it to Gen 5 so quickly. Slowly but surely I shall catch you (well, no, but I'm actually finishing this one).

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #310 on: July 27, 2018, 10:39:15 PM »
I enjoyed the flashbacks  :=)  It was entertaining getting the lovely reminder of the usage of dream sequences in this. 
Loved how you worked in a chance to show the household all dolled up in their formalwear  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #311 on: July 27, 2018, 11:47:52 PM »
The memorial thing was so cute I had no idea Edameme s gen completed so many aspirations!

That was an amazing bit of luck getting perfect traits for Takuta too,Im glad he didnt wind up with something like mean

And like the age bar added an extra day onto one of my Caliente kids (triplets) so two were older than the other, same with their mother her twin and her husband and his twin they all got separated in days before their elder birthday like the game just went !!! And gave them an extra day ranomdly so then their birthday moved up a day in the calendar too
@wa-wa-world
    The 20 maxed aspirations were completed by Edamame herself, not by her generation. According to HillieE's scoresheet...
    In grade school, Edamame did all the childhood aspirations. (4)
    After her first teen aspiration of Chief of Mischief, she insta-completed Mansion Baron & Fabulously Wealthy, then did 3 other quickies: Leader of the Pack,The Curator, and (pre-Seasons) Freelance Botanist. (6)
    Later, she finished Bodybuilder, Renaissance Sim & Nerd Brain, Painter Extraordinaire, Public Enemy, Soulmates, and Friend of the World. (7)
And as a parent who raised 11 children, she completed Super Parent, Successful Lineage, and Big Happy Family. (3)
    Edamame had a lot of help from her family and NPC hires. Her father had the Patriarch trait.
I typed out several tips but then deleted them because you prolly don't want that much detail, lol.
    Yeah, Takuya was very lucky! And I'd still prefer the Mean trait to a non-unique trait.

@oshizu it's going super slowly, truthfully. I'm writing a batch of updates right now so that I can post them in the near future. Luck's still holding on passing the Founder's genes, Sophie's first two look exactly like her, it's spooky.

As to the update itself, I had such a lovely time looking back on your legacy. These things can go by so quickly, it was nice to have a little time to reflect. Kirsten makes a scary vampire, good luck to Takuya, he will need it. Also, congrats on the reroll and thanks for confirming that we can use these suckers. I'll probably have to use one for the Faust twins if they make Primary Spouse as Sophie's husband has one of their traits. Congrats on making it to Gen 5 so quickly. Slowly but surely I shall catch you (well, no, but I'm actually finishing this one).
@dontmindme
I'm sorry to hear that your move is going so slowly, but at least it's "going." That's something!
Sophie looks a lot like the founder, so I'm excited to hear that her first two kids look like Sophie!!!
   Thank you for your kind words. The short lifespan really zips by so quickly and I can get so caught up in the activities of a full household!
I'd really meant to have each heir look back over their life before they moved out or as an elder.
With Benicio, family life got very hectic with all the kids around. Then I suddenly had to move him out to make room for the next generation, lol.
With Edamame, family life was also hectic because Jungle Explorer, Friend of the Animals, and the vet clinic couldn't take place in the background.
    Haha, the founder spent a whole update to reflect, but Benicio and Edamame got only four screenshots each because I'm in such a rush to start Kirsten's generation. lol
    As I mentioned in the Rules thread, the Faust twins and LeBlanc twins share the Loves the Outdoors traits. I threw the Fausts into my game as unplayed toddlers and they both aged up with different traits. (Jaxton: Squeamish, Loner, Lazy; Elektra: Geek, Art Lover, Music Lover).
You could try that first with the Re-Traiting Potion as Plan B?
    Sooooo looking forward to reading about recent happenings in your legacy! And I'm absolutely confident you will finish your legacy. ;D
    Best wishes with your move, friend.

I enjoyed the flashbacks  :=)  It was entertaining getting the lovely reminder of the usage of dream sequences in this. 
Loved how you worked in a chance to show the household all dolled up in their formalwear  :=)
@PeregrineTook
   Totally forgot to let Benicio and Edamame do their own "My Life" posts. :(
I actually had so much trouble "cramming" everything into a single update. Ended up condensing too many ideas and trashing so many screenshots!
Can you believe how long it's taken me to even reach Kirsten and Liv's birthday, which I even considered pushing into the next update, haha.
Story-wise, though, I'm ready to move on to Kirsten's generation.
   Hmmm, technically, Kirsten already had a dream sequence with the watcher and Takuya, but it got cut short because of Liz in Granite Falls.
I think the two of them deserve another one!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #312 on: July 28, 2018, 08:52:22 AM »
Reading through what was 4 chapters here? I was only gone on vacation for 2 weeks right?

So glad Kirsten won, I think she is so lovely, and her mailman is just so yummy, that will be some overly cute children.
Glad Liv is staying too, and that they all are doing so well.
The flashbacks where just as amazing as your dream sequensing :D

You are going so good, keep up the good work.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #313 on: July 28, 2018, 12:29:16 PM »
Wow Edameme was a trooper 20 aspirations is crazy she could be in the super sim challenege! If you ever want to PM me the tips I'm more than happy to hear them lol

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #314 on: July 28, 2018, 01:45:26 PM »
@wa-wa-world
Haha, sent you a PM. Don't be shocked by the nerdy detail...

anything