Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 162110 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sharebears 4.44: Remembering (27 July)
« Reply #315 on: July 30, 2018, 06:23:43 AM »
Reading through what was 4 chapters here? I was only gone on vacation for 2 weeks right?

So glad Kirsten won, I think she is so lovely, and her mailman is just so yummy, that will be some overly cute children.
Glad Liv is staying too, and that they all are doing so well.
The flashbacks where just as amazing as your dream sequensing :D

You are going so good, keep up the good work.
@LenaLJ
More like 3 "real" updates, because one of the four only had a few screenshots so I could explain about my game time problem.
I regret that Benicio and Edamame's flashbacks were so short, but better short than not at all.
And anyway, because of the 10-kids-in-one-gen thing, it felt like Edamame had been the active heir forever, haha.

Yes, Liv will be very useful with her family-oriented trait. I'm so impatient for her to finish Outdoor Enthusiast. :(

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.45: Wait a Minute, Mr. Postman
« Reply #316 on: July 30, 2018, 06:41:17 AM »

Together at last

5.45:  Wait a Minute, Mr. Postman

Week 15/Tuesday

Kirsten: Seamus, Seamus…Siobhan, Siobhan.
Jaga: Whatcha doing, sugar?
Kirsten: Remember you mentioned last night that Grandma Edamame met a Darebear?
And the fact that we live in a multiverse of parallel realities?
Jaga: And so…?

Kirsten: So, I googled "Sharebears" and found this crazy Seamus' Sharebear Takeover story.
That's why I'm watching a Youtube video by Benny Lewis on how to pronounce Irish names.
Jaga: Oh, that's very commendable, Kirsten!

Kirsten: Why, thank you, Papa. And Seamus and Siobhan just had twin girls, named Niamh and Roisin.
How will I ever remember how to pronounce all of their names?
Jaga: Maybe the author will narrate her story as an audio book in the future.

Kirsten: That's what's odd, though, Papa. Does "wa-wa-world" sound like an Old Irish name to you?
Jaga: Nope, but neither does "Benny Lewis."

Jaga: Actually, you've more important duties than learning how to pronounce Old Irish names.
Kirsten: I do?
Jaga: First, go check on Akito's vampire powers. Why doesn't he have sunlight resistance?

Kirsten: Eh, I tried talking with him about that earlier. He's busy becoming BFFs with Alexa Ponce.
Jaga: Hakuto and Yesenia's daughter Alexa? But she's still in high school.
Kirsten: Not much longer, if Akito has any say in it.

Kirsten: Hey, you gotta minute, Akito? We need to talk.
Akito: I'll be with you as soon as I've finished breakfast, Kirsten.

Mathias: What are those two doing, Nanny? Does Alexa have an owie?
Ananya: Don't make eye contact with the vampires, Mathias.
I'm trying to avoid becoming a permanent food source around here.

Kirsten: So, I'd like to take a look at your vampire powers and weaknesses, if you don't mind.
Akito: Of course, Kirsten. Knock yourself out.
Kirsten: How odd that you only have 19 vampire power points.
As a Level 1 Master Vampire, you should have 27 points.

Akito: Wrong! A watched vampire who's been turned would earn 27 points as a Level 1 Master Vampire.
In contrast, I've always been an unwatched vampire until today. I even knew your founder.

Kirsten: Would you trust me to reallocate your vampire powers and weaknesses, Akito?
Akito: Reallocate away, Kirsten. I have faith in your judgment.

Kirsten: Papa, would you please mix a Draught of Reconfiguration for Akito?
His default combo of vampire powers and weaknesses is holding him back.

Kirsten: Now, instead of  the Thin-Skinned and Insatiable Thirst weaknesses, choose Fitful Sleep 1 and 2.
Akito: Okay, got it.
Kirsten: Next, put 15 of your 19 points into Sunlight Resistance. Voila, you're now a Daywalker!

Akito: That's cool! Hey, I lost my Vampire Creation power. Who will turn Takuya?
Kirsten: One guess! By the way, I need you to train me now.
I can't receive vampiric training or spar while I'm pregnant.

Whenever Akito trains me, he ends up stomping his feet angrily and telling me I'm the worst.
I have no idea what my problem is.
Every time my master Akito demonstrates a new move, I should imitate him.
Instead, I just stand there doing nothing but nod my head and mutter, "Uh huh, uh huh."

Meanwhile, brother Mathias has profited from having so many jobless adults at his beck and call.
He ages up into an Art Lover with the Top-Notch Toddler trait.
And he's an aspiring Whiz Kid.

In other news, Papa discovers that the painting of Maja has vanished.
Why would anyone so shamelessly steal his Maja's portrait?
It must have happened during one of the many parties. But who?

Papa wastes no time in inviting Maja over to paint a new portrait of her.
With heavy hearts, we realize the portraits cannot be displayed in the hallway for the family's enjoyment.
They've been moved to a new basement room, out of sight and out of reach.

Thanks to Scouting, I complete Renaissance Sim without much ado. I've joined the Culinary career.
After making quick work of two more aspirations, I choose the Master Vampire aspiration.
Since this aspiration takes the longest to complete, it makes sense for me to do it.
Not only am I the heir but I've also earned the most skilling boosts.

Thursday

Takuya's making great progress with his Nerd Brain aspiration.
Akito is making even faster advances with his Leader of the Pack aspiration.

Once Akito's done with that aspiration (plus Mansion Baron), he'll choose the Good Vampire aspiration.
That's the second-most time-consuming aspiration but Akito is almost a Grand Master already.
Takuya, who starts with zero vampire rank, will tackle the easiest one: Vampire Family.

Takuya: It's a bit of a splurge to fly all the way to Takayama, but this is our first date!
And with a name like Takuya Sasaki, you've guessed I'm Japanese, right?

Kirsten: Is it just me, Takuya? Or does this café feel strangely familiar?
Takuya: Oh? This café gives you a déjà vu vibe? This here's my absolutely fave café.
Kirsten: In that case, it's just become our absolutely fave café. *grins

Takuya: I've been waiting so impatiently for you to grow up, girl!
Kirsten: You?! How tempted was I to beg Papa to move you in before my young adult birthday?
Takuya: Hah, I asked him outright but he said you needed to be a young adult. It's the rule.

Kirsten: I love that you chose a restaurant/café on our first date, Takuya.
Takuya: Hehe, how could I forget that your newest trait is Foodie?

Takuya: When you asked me if I wanted to go on a second date, this isn't what I expected.
Kirsten: This stay-at-home date has been my best idea all day.

Takuya: Ever since I saw you standing out by the mailbox, I knew I would be forever yours.
Please say you feel the same way about me!
Will you marry me, Kirsten?
Kirsten: You know, I've been really worried about our engagement.
The watcher says all her sims' proposals are being rejected lately.

Takuya: Yeah, I've heard that, too. That's why I'm wearing my skimpy briefs for good luck. Well?
Kirsten: Yes! I can't imagine life without you! We're just meant to be together, Takuya.
Um, you sure know how to incentivize a gal!

Takuya: You're pregnant, we're engaged, and I've reached the last tier of Nerd Brain.
Is now the right time to ask you to turn me, Kirsten?
Kirsten: Yes, of course, I will. But after that, you need to change your sleepwear, Takuya.
How do you expect anyone to concentrate?

Hakuto: Wow, my little girl is becoming a young adult like me?
Maja: Why do all the men of this house choose to age up teenagers to marry?
Hakuto: Hey, your husband Jaga didn't and neither did I.

Ikura: What's the big deal here? Alexa Ponce is obviously really into that Akito!
Maja: You're just saying that, Ikura, because you recently married my niece.

Alexa: Would everyone just hush? Akito asked me if I wanted to age up early and I said yes.
Akito: What she said.

Akito: If I hadn't agreed to this crazy legacy business, I would never have met Alexa.
After our gold date, I finish Leader of the Pack and I'm pretty sure Alexa is eating for two.
She is perfect for me! That's why I'm afraid to turn her.
Since she lives in a different house, how could I keep her safe if she were a vampire?

Kirsten: As for my sister Liz, she's had a wee bit of cosmetic surgery.
She had her lips raised a little to shorten the length of her face.
Also, she had double-eyelid surgery.
Normally, that procedure causes mild bleeding, swelling, and bruising around her eyes.
She would be wearing bandages over her eyes for several days.
But this is the sims!

Kirsten: As a teen, Liz harbored a secret crush on our gardener, Fiorella Rios.
They've been good friends for a while.
Now that she's a young adult, Liv is turning up the heat in their relationship. Go Liz!
So, yeah, Liz has been busy all morning with Fiorella.

More like Liz "has been getting busy"!
Kirsten: Yeah, that, too.
Our household size only allows Takuya and I to have two kids.
And brother Mathias won't be a young adult for another two more weeks.

So, thanks Liz, for helping Papa with his Big Happy Family aspiration.
We're all crossing our fingers that Fiorella has twins!

Kirsten: Fiorella has rejected Liv's proposal of marriage four times now.

Liv: I can't believe you don't want to marry me, Fiorella!
You like me enough to have children with me. Why do you keep rejecting my proposals?
Fiorella: I don't even know myself. We're even best friends and soulmates.

Liv: Fine. For the fifth and last time today, will you marry me?
Fiorella: Yes!!! Even though you aren't offering me any incentives…

Kirsten: I really wanted us to get married yesterday evening, but our game time went crazy.
Liv: We never had a Wednesday! What happened to our Wednesday?
Kirsten: Remember how we played through Monday twice last time?
Well, our watcher tried to fix that using MCCC but Tuesday became Thursday instead.
Liv: Look, I don't even want to know. Don't bother explaining it to me.
Watcher: *cries

Kirsten: Anyway, to make up for her mistake, our watcher has arranged an indoor wedding venue for us.
Tonight, Takuya and me as well as Fiorella and you can have a double wedding!

Legacy Score: unchanged (84 points)

Chapter Notes
*In my Mori Legacy (2016-2017), I did move in a teen who later became the secondary spouse.
  It was all about the story, though, and not for any advantage in earning points.
*Kirsten didn't turn Takuya until after they tried for baby.
  I wanted to check the possibility of having human nooboos.
*Interested to see what the family tree looks like? To view my updated family tree, click here.
*I recently reformatted my Legacy Scoring post so that the various categories and points are clearer. To check it out, click here.
  Feel free to redo your Score post in a similar manner, if you wish.
*To uncover the mystery of Akito's lack of vampire points, I loaded a Gen1 save back when the founder's twins were still toddlers.
  Playing as Akito to check his vampire powers, I see that he's hardly changed: A Master Vampire with 19 vampire points earned and a L10 Startup Entrepreneur.
  How weird is that?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sharebears 4.44: Wait a Minute, Mr. Postman (30 July)
« Reply #317 on: July 30, 2018, 08:40:03 AM »
Ohh vampiric power, cant wait to see if you get vampire children or not, and also looking forward to the wedding.

Not good with you portraits dissappering though :O Maybe I will make copies of mine just be sure.

Btw. the links you made in the notes of the post are not working.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #318 on: July 30, 2018, 09:52:42 AM »
I can't wait to see what the wedding venue looks like. Goodluck with the incoming nooboos.

As Lena said, the links go nowhere.  :(

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #319 on: July 30, 2018, 10:37:18 AM »
Awh a double wedding is such a cute idea! I can't wait for Liv and Takuyas Nooboo! It's kind of weird but funny Akito managed to go like 4 generations without improving his vampire skill at all like what's he been doing all that time? Napping?

It sucks someone stole Maja's portrait Klepto sims man they're so inconvenient, whoever stole it should take a trip to the cowplant!

Ahhh my legacy got included I never realised they could have been the darebears omg, to be fair I googled the girls names because I couldn't think of any names that weren't after people I'd met. (Niamh is one but I was originally gonna call her Caiomhe but then I realised I didn't want to try type that like ten times every day even though I really like the name.) Honestly I think trying to understand my Yorkshire accent might be worse than pronouncing the irish names haha

Youre doing great I can't believe youre already more than halfway through
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #320 on: July 31, 2018, 11:07:28 AM »
D'aw, I liked Liv's unusual features (I voted for her in the heir poll  ;D). Her long face and hooded eyes reminded me of a young Lily Tomlin, on whom I have an enormous crush. I may be biased though, as I also have a long face and monolids, hehe

I'm looking forward to the double wedding! Sims have been rejecting my marriage proposals repeatedly as well, I wonder if some patch tweaked the odds

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #321 on: July 31, 2018, 11:13:35 AM »
You and your crazy time-traveling Sharebears! 
I think Liz' makeover looks great!!  And so does her gardener.  And so does Alexa, for that matter.  Such a lovely group you've gathered  ;=)
Looking forward to seeing all the new boos!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Sharebears 5.45: Wait a Minute, Mr. Postman (30 July)
« Reply #322 on: July 31, 2018, 08:26:18 PM »
Ohh vampiric power, cant wait to see if you get vampire children or not, and also looking forward to the wedding.
Not good with you portraits dissappering though :O Maybe I will make copies of mine just be sure.
Btw. the links you made in the notes of the post are not working.
@LenaLJ
I'm not using the Vampire Ley Line lot trait and I'm curious whether a human-at-conception hubby might result in human children.
No plans to play another generation of vampires unless, of course, a future Sharebear or their spouse rolls a vampire aspiration.
That's a great idea to display the copies and hide the original portraits somewhere nobody can access. I'm going to copy your idea!
Thank you for letting me know about the links. I fixed them as soon as I saw your comment. ;D

I can't wait to see what the wedding venue looks like. Goodluck with the incoming nooboos.

As Lena said, the links go nowhere.  :(
@sdhoey
Don't get your hopes up about the wedding venue! It's mostly a quick fix because I already have a wedding venue that I love, but it's for outdoor weddings.
In fact, when I checked the Gallery, almost all of the nice wedding venues are designed for outdoor weddings, haha.
Links are fixed now. Thank you!

Awh a double wedding is such a cute idea! I can't wait for Liv and Takuyas Nooboo! It's kind of weird but funny Akito managed to go like 4 generations without improving his vampire skill at all like what's he been doing all that time? Napping?

It sucks someone stole Maja's portrait Klepto sims man they're so inconvenient, whoever stole it should take a trip to the cowplant!

Ahhh my legacy got included I never realised they could have been the darebears omg, to be fair I googled the girls names because I couldn't think of any names that weren't after people I'd met. (Niamh is one but I was originally gonna call her Caiomhe but then I realised I didn't want to try type that like ten times every day even though I really like the name.) Honestly I think trying to understand my Yorkshire accent might be worse than pronouncing the irish names haha
Youre doing great I can't believe youre already more than halfway through
@wa-wa-world
You mean the heir Kirsten's nooboo with Takuya and her sister Liv's nooboo with the gardener Fiorella, right?  ;)
As for Akito's vampire power points, now that Kirsten's a Prime Vampire in game, I've discovered that they aren't earning points.
I explain about that at the bottom of this post.
How do you pronounce Caiomhe and couldn't you give her "Cai" as a nickname? Ohhhh, the Yorkshire dialect....

D'aw, I liked Liv's unusual features (I voted for her in the heir poll  ;D). Her long face and hooded eyes reminded me of a young Lily Tomlin, on whom I have an enormous crush. I may be biased though, as I also have a long face and monolids, hehe

I'm looking forward to the double wedding! Sims have been rejecting my marriage proposals repeatedly as well, I wonder if some patch tweaked the odds
@mousef
Darn, I wish I'd known how you felt about Liv because then I wouldn't have changed her features.
But if you look at her screenshots with Fiorella and with her sister Kirsten, her face is still longer than the average sim. ;D
Ooooh, Lily Tomlin. I don't watch much American TV but I loved her in 9 to 5 and in Big Business.
The low acceptance rate of proposals is worrying. Luckily for me, nobody has died of embarrassment yet. (...and I just jinxed myself, surely)

You and your crazy time-traveling Sharebears! 
I think Liz' makeover looks great!!  And so does her gardener.  And so does Alexa, for that matter.  Such a lovely group you've gathered  ;=)
Looking forward to seeing all the new boos!!!
@PeregrineTook
Haha, I'm glad you like all the new additions to the Sharebear extended family.
When Liz eventually moves out, I'd like her to have a family of her own. Alexa Ponce is and the Akito/Alexa offspring might eventually become unrelated.
On the minus side, I'm spending so much time setting up Gen5 that my game doesn't move forward much, LOL!
Oh yeah, toddlers everywhere and maybe a toddler playdate or two.

Usually, I only respond to comments to my story right before posting the next update.
But something's happened in my game which bothers me so much that I can't continue playing without airing my problem.
Plus, I don't want the images below to take up my allotted 25-images-per-post.

Note about Glitched Vampire Power Points
Vampire Power Points and Weaknesses are definitely glitched in my legacy save.
I'd like to explain below why I've decided to use cheats later to provide Akito and Kirsten the points they deserve.

First, please take a gander at part of this chart on Sims 4: Vampire Power page of Carl's Guide.

Kirsten
*On becoming a Prime Vampire, Kirsten should have 16 power points + 2 weaknesses (assuming, as Carl says, that a vampire starts out with 2 points).
  She has exactly 16 points (12 spent) now, which is perfect.

*For Master Vampire, I need her to have 18 more points worth of powers, at minimum.
  I googled today and learned that TwistedMexi has cheats to add individual vampire powers.
  If she or Akito doesn't receive the right amount of points later, I'll wait until they "deserve" their points then add the corresponding powers using TwistedMexi's cheats.

Akito
*Now a L4 Master Vampire, Akito should have 41 points and 3 weaknesses, but has only 31 points (21 spent) and 4 weaknesses.
  That is just not fair!

*Akito's not a naturally-born Sharebear, but I'd still like him to have the powers he deserves.
  I'm going to wait until he becomes a Grand Master (he's just one bar away).
  Then, I'll use cheats to give him a Grand Master's 46-points worth of traits.

My apologies if you find this information overly detailed and unnecessary.
However, I want to be honest about using cheats to remedy my game's glitched vampire power points.
Pinstar has commented that we are allowed to use workarounds/cheats to counteract game bugs.
And I guess I could just do this in the background without saying anything, but I choose not to do so.
If you prefer that I quietly cheat in the background, let me know. I can do that, too.  :D

Thanks for reading, now I can focus on playing and writing my next update.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #323 on: July 31, 2018, 08:53:10 PM »
@oshizu Omg I meant Kirsten and Takuya, the worst part is I wrote that out first then corrected myself but corrected it wrong. Wow.
And I think it's pronounced Key-va but luckily the household is currently full so no more Shareboos for me right now but I just realised if I did I could call her Chai or something as short which is adorable

And aye the yorkshire dialect, it's not as strong as it used to be since I've grown out the cockney slang but it's still pretty darn thick so me trying to read anything outloud to someone doesn't really work

Ohhh I understand now it's like he dropped 10 points that makes more sense! I've never really played with vampires if the Nooboos are Vamps will you be able to tell at like toddlerhood or do you have to wait for them to be adults?
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #324 on: July 31, 2018, 09:10:18 PM »
@wa-wa-world
That's so funny about Liv and Kirsten's names. I hate when I get it right the first time then "correct" myself, lol.
Woooow, it's spelled Caiomhe but pronounced Key-va? *head spins
Here's hoping that your legacy will produce a future Caiomhe Sharebear. ;D
btw, Kirsten and her watcher have been obsessing over the Yorkshire dialect lately, hehe.

I haven't played any vampboos since last October, so my memory is vague...but humans and vamps show different Needs icons from the toddler age (I think).
A naturally-born vampire doesn't fully transform into a vampire, though, until their teen birthday.
If I ever get to the stage of the Gen6 births, I'll be sure to share a screenshot if a vampboo is born.

I hate when my human sims get harrassed by vampires and suffer vampire break-ins at community lots.
But I love playing vampires. You must try it, too!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.46: Winter Wonderland
« Reply #325 on: August 01, 2018, 03:29:44 AM »

A suspicious car with darkened window drives around on our first sunny day in winter.

5.46: Winter Wonderland

Week 15/Friday (Winter 6)

Jaga: Still learning how to pronounce Irish names, Kirsten?
Kirsten: No, we recently learned that wa-wa-world is a Yorkshire name, not an Irish one.
Jaga: Don't tell me…

Kirsten: Exactly, I've been studying the Yorkshire dialect by watching videos by HarrisonFletcher on Youtube.
But I can barely understand him, even with the grossly inaccurate closed captions.
Jaga: Eh, why bother? Jodie Whittaker's keeping her Yorkshire accent in her role as Doctor Who's Thirteen Doctor.
Let's wait until that series starts and we can all suffer together.

Liv: Do you mind, Kirsten? I'd like us to finish planning tonight's wedding.
Kirsten: What's to plan? Our watcher's too lazy to go looking for custom wedding apparel.
Liv: Still, we can't just let the game decide our wedding outfits, right?
Kirsten: You have a point there. We each can add a formal outfit to our wardrobes later!

Kirsten: Darling Takuya is still unemployed until he can buy Connections.
He'll be all set once he finishes Nerd Brain and Mansion Baron, I'm sure.
Mathias was looking forward to his first day of school today but Winterfest cancelled it.
So then, I cancelled Winterfest but Mathias remains on vacation, darn it!

That's why I'm disabling "Day off from work/school" for all the calendar's holidays.
If we want to take the day off, we can take a vacation day or have someone write an excuse note. Sheesh!

Mathias: I really love collecting the scouting badges!
I'm trying to become a Llamacorn Scout before I'm a teen, just like you and Liv!
Kirsten: Make sure to finish at least three of your aspirations first.
You can always finish up your scouting as a teenager, k?

Kirsten: Akito needs a fifth friend to finish Tier II of his Good Vampire aspiration.
He starts out by trying to befriend Ikura the conventional way.
Then he remembers that his career requires Writing 7.
With Ikura mentoring him, they become friends in no time.

Oh dear, I've just realized that I have a work shift tonight!

I'm a puzzled over how Liz could optimize her contribution to the household.
She's maxed Herbalism, Logic, Handiness, and now Violin.
While she's stuck on Outdoor Enthusiast, maybe she could craft camping mascots for Takuya?
Or mentor Mathias in chess to build her Parenting skill?

Oooooh, I know what she could do. Hehehehe.

I contact our watcher who persuades Clement Frost to move back to the Bedlington Boathouse lot.
How does he have $548k in household funds, even after moving into that "Living on the Beach" house?
Do you think all his gift-giving might be part of an international crime organization's scheme to launder money?

Kirsten: Thanks so much, Akito, for writing me an excuse note for tonight!
I really didn't want to use a vacation day on my first day of work, you know?
Akito: Hey, no problem. What are friends for?

Kirsten: Exactly! That's why I'm wondering if you'd help me out with a side project.
I mean, you're already Writing 5 and you're stuck at Good Vampire's Tier III for 5 days…
Akito: Stop beating around the bush and tell me what your side project needs from me.

Kirsten: *whisper, whisper, whisper
Akito: You have got to be kidding me! But, I'll do it if you can promise me three things…

Akito: There you are, my lovely. *kisses Alexa autonomously
Alexa: You said you had something important to ask me? What is it?
Akito: I sold my soul to Kirsten, provided that she fulfills three promises to me--well, to us.
Alexa: To you and me? What did you persuade her to promise us?

Akito: One, I'm allowed to offer to turn you before Takuya starts his Vampire Family.
Two, if you agree, you'll be moved as a vampire to launch an ancestral household in Forgotten Hollow.
Alexa: But I don't know anyone in Forgotten Hollow!
Akito: I lived there safely for four generations with the Thin-Skinned trait, so you'll be safer there.
And when I complete my Social Media career, I'll immediately quit and join you in Forgotten Hollow.

Alexa: Still, it feels like all the couples are getting married except us.
I deprived myself of a high school education to become your girlfriend, remember?
Akito: Don't think I haven't thought of proposing to you, Alexa.
Um, today's just not the right day. Trust me.

Akito: I hate to see you looking so worried, Alexa.
Come, let's move you into your new home immediately. The house is named "Alexandrite."
Alexa: This five-bedroom house is just for us? But I'll be all alone here at first…it's too big for me!
Akito: I am not that far away, Alexa. We'll soon fill this house with love and family.

Akito: Sheesh, the sacrifice I'm making for Alexa and our future!
Does Kirsten even realize how flawed her "side project" is?
For one thing, he is an elder…

Akito: C'mon, you ole geezer! Tell me you don't want some of this!
Clement: Um, are you attempting to seduce me, young man?
Akito: Well, Liv couldn't do it because she's getting married tonight but I'm not engaged yet.
Clement: Look, numbskull, I wasn't asking "why you?" I was asking more like "why me?" Is nothing sacred anymore?

Clement: You interrupt our first kiss to check your phone for text messages?
Akito: Not just any ole text message. This one's from the Sharebear heir!

Kirsten (texts): What the heck are you doing, Akito?
I asked you to handle the side-project.
Not dominate this update and squeeze out our wedding photos!
Akito (texts): Listen, he's old, so setting this up hasn't been easy, okay? I'll be back soon.

Akito: *tries to imagine he's with Alexa
Clement: Tsk, tsk, tsk! Nobody needs to ask you whether you've been naughty or nice!

Saturday

A little past midnight...
Kirsten: We finally arrive at the Night Drinker Crypt in Forgotten Hollow.
It's normally a lounge but it's been temporarily remodeled to host a wedding party.

Akito: Why are we starting so late? I was back from the side project by late afternoon.
Kirsten (sighs): Someone was ageing up in our neighborhood for hours and hours.
Liz couldn't enter CAS to add her wedding outfit and we couldn't grab a cake, either.
Jaga: Moving on…

Takuya and I decided to keep our usual formal wear in white and gray.
Black and red just aren't our colors.

Ugh, why did Papa's sister have to die right before the wedding?

Kirsten: Half of our guest haven't arrived yet, but Takuya and I can't wait.
We never dreamed of getting married in a vampire lounge, but it seems oddly appropriate.
Wouldn't you agree?

Kirsten: Takuya, I shall cherish you until my very last breath.
Takuya: Kirsten, I can't think of anything romantic to say in reply, except that I'll always love you.
Kirsten: Ripping off lyrics from a Barry White song usually works well, better than Whitney Houston...

Next, Liv and the very pregnant Fiorella exchange their wedding vows.
Never have I seen Liv looking so divine!

Papa has been so sad due to the recent deaths of so many siblings, pet friends, and pet patients.
But Mama always knows how to cheer him up!
I must let him go as soon as I max my career. My parents should be living together.

My gorgeous groom with my beautiful sister.

Luck is on our side and we're not required to cook anything for the wedding reception.
The mixologist later abandons the bar to play video games on her phone.
Our double wedding is chaotic, crowded, and cordial.
We are pleased to report, however, that it still manages to earn a gold medal anyway!

Legacy Score: unchanged (84 points)

Amazing Lots
*"Alexandrite" by SpectorCody (Gallery, 30x30)
*"Living on the Beach" by Marski746 (Gallery, 20x20)
"Night Drinker Crypt" lounge by SpectorCody (Gallery, 30x20)

Chapter Notes
*Yeah, yeah, there are more shots of Akito's side project than of the wedding.
  After the wedding, I couldn't bring myself to delete too many of the side-project shots.
  I enjoy writing silly repartee over sappy romantic lines. To each, their wheelhouse!
*I'd actually planned to visit the Night Drinker Crypt later on in this generation.
  But Kirsten and Liv needed an indoor wedding venue, and I wasn't feeling a chapel.
*Alexa's house was purchased by "Freerealestate on," not by Sharebears' funds, obviously.

Stay tuned for more fun, silliness, and excitement!
Tomorrow in-game is New Year's Eve.
Soon, Kirsten gives birth and Takuya becomes a vampire.   

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sharebears 5.46: Winter Wonderland (1 August 2018)
« Reply #326 on: August 01, 2018, 03:42:37 AM »
Beautifull weddings no matter the short apperance of them.
I like your side projects, they are always fun to follow.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #327 on: August 01, 2018, 05:12:47 AM »
Yesss, Father Winter shenanigans! I also much prefer silliness over romance, however the wedding was lovely. I like the venue and Liv's outfit, she looks so classy. Fiorella is a cutie too, they look adorable together.

Darn, I wish I'd known how you felt about Liv because then I wouldn't have changed her features.
But if you look at her screenshots with Fiorella and with her sister Kirsten, her face is still longer than the average sim. ;D
Ooooh, Lily Tomlin. I don't watch much American TV but I loved her in 9 to 5 and in Big Business.
The low acceptance rate of proposals is worrying. Luckily for me, nobody has died of embarrassment yet. (...and I just jinxed myself, surely)
I was a bit shy to comment when I first registered (aren't we all?  ;D), but I've been voting on the heir polls since Edamame. I still like Liv though, don't worry! I'm just a sucker for unusual looking sims.
Indeed the rejected proposals are getting annoying, it was amusing at first but now I'm fearing for my sim's lives. I certainly hope no one dies (I'll jinx myself as well, in sympathy)

My apologies if you find this information overly detailed and unnecessary.
However, I want to be honest about using cheats to remedy my game's glitched vampire power points.
Pinstar has commented that we are allowed to use workarounds/cheats to counteract game bugs.
And I guess I could just do this in the background without saying anything, but I choose not to do so.
If you prefer that I quietly cheat in the background, let me know. I can do that, too.  :D
I think this is important info which could be helpful for other Sharebears who may have the same glitch. In fact, my last vamp did seem to be getting points at a slower rate than she should, but I never bothered to check. I just kept getting more and more points even after she was a master vampire, which was very tedious.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #328 on: August 01, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
Wow, the wedding venue and outfits were so wonderfully vampire glamorous!!  Love it!
Clever move to woohoo-eliminate the elderly Clement so that the gorgeous Alexa and her darling Akita can have a wonderful home, wealth, and safety for themselves and their boos-to-be!  Looking forward to future generations visiting the Alexita household  ;=)
And again, that wedding!!!  So lovely!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #329 on: August 03, 2018, 02:47:36 AM »
Beautifull weddings no matter the short apperance of them.
I like your side projects, they are always fun to follow.
@LenaLJ
I'm glad you enjoyed their double wedding! The Night Drinker Crypt is really a beautiful build with very detailed decor.
Haha, I'd like to play a sim with the "Father Winter's Child" trait but I don't really want him to pollinate my legacy sims...
Fingers crossed that he bears a sim who could be moved in as a spare!

Yesss, Father Winter shenanigans! I also much prefer silliness over romance, however the wedding was lovely. I like the venue and Liv's outfit, she looks so classy. Fiorella is a cutie too, they look adorable together.
I was a bit shy to comment when I first registered (aren't we all?  ;D), but I've been voting on the heir polls since Edamame. I still like Liv though, don't worry! I'm just a sucker for unusual looking sims.
Indeed the rejected proposals are getting annoying, it was amusing at first but now I'm fearing for my sim's lives. I certainly hope no one dies (I'll jinx myself as well, in sympathy)
I think this is important info which could be helpful for other Sharebears who may have the same glitch. In fact, my last vamp did seem to be getting points at a slower rate than she should, but I never bothered to check. I just kept getting more and more points even after she was a master vampire, which was very tedious.
@mousef
I'm glad you like Liv's outfit. I thought of taking Fiorella to a closet to change her formal outfit, too, but then got overwhelmed by all the micro-managing.
Thanks so much for voting on two of my heir polls so far. Very much appreciated.
Also, thank you for jinxing yourself in solidarity, lol. Let's hope we're both safe.
Once a vampire reaches Grand Master rank, they need to fill the entire bar just to receive 2 power points so, yes, it's tedious to the extreme.
My Kirsten's points/weaknesses are fine, but Akito's are messed up.

Wow, the wedding venue and outfits were so wonderfully vampire glamorous!!  Love it!
Clever move to woohoo-eliminate the elderly Clement so that the gorgeous Alexa and her darling Akita can have a wonderful home, wealth, and safety for themselves and their boos-to-be!  Looking forward to future generations visiting the Alexita household  ;=)
And again, that wedding!!!  So lovely!
@PeregrineTook
So pleased that you approved of the wedding! Just can't go wrong in that creator's gorgeous vampire lounge, though.
Lol, Akito's involvement in the side project didn't exactly entail the death-by-overexertion of the elderly Clement.
I guess we'll all find out what happens in a few sim-days.  Regarldess of the results, though, you're right. Akito has held up his end of the deal and will profit. ;)