Author Topic: Sharebears 9.94: The End of This Journey (Completed 13 Mar 2020)  (Read 160278 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.47: Tripping the Light Fangtastic
« Reply #330 on: August 03, 2018, 03:27:58 AM »

The last day of winter!

5.47: Tripping the Light Fangtastic

Week 15/Saturday (Winter 7)

Kirsten: Later that morning, I go into labor.
After just getting married, I dismiss the thought of a hospital birth altogether.
With two household vacancies and the On Ley Line lot trait, I optimistically place two bassinets.

Takuya: Two little boys, just like we wanted!
Kirsten: Well, I did listen to alternative music when I could, though I couldn't be bothered with carrots.
Takuya: Do you mind if I name them, Kirsten? I'd really love to name them!!!
Kirsten: As you wish. Just remember that the names should begin with "N" and "O."

Takuya: After considering various naming themes, including Japanese novelists, I think food names are best.
Let's name our first-born "Negi" for spring onion. That's "Ne" as in "net" and "gi" as in "geek."
Kirsten: I like it! His name is short and simple.

Takuya: It's much harder to find a good food name that starts with "O," but I choose "Omurice."
It's short for "omuretto rice": fried rice wrapped in a thin omelette and topped with a sauce.
We can call him Omu for short, like "oh-moo" (accent on the "oh").
Kirsten: That photo shows a fancy version of Omurice with beef demi-glace sauce!
It's commonly served with a ketchup topping.

Takuya: That's the foodie in you talking, haha.
Are you familiar with the Japanese cultural trend of maid cafés?
They're staffed by girls dressed as maids who greet their male clientele of geeks with "Welcome home, master."
Kirsten: I'm sure you realize your maid café days are over, right?

Takuya: Aren't you listening? Those cafés cater to bachelor geeks who struggle with dating.
So, for an extra fee, a customer can order omurice with a cutesy painting drawn with ketchup.
Or various drinks decorated with flavored syrup, also drawn by their maid-garbed waitress.

Takuya: I was shocked to find a photo online of Tommy Lee Jones at a maid café.
See how he's getting his omurice on?
Kirsten: I dunno. That seems completely out of character for Tommy Lee Jones.
Takuya: Yeah, turns out it's part of a TV commercial he filmed in Tokyo years ago.
Anyway, back to our household…

Kirsten: While we train and share vampire knowledge together, Akito reaches Grand Master rank.
I don't mean to obsess over his vampire powers but… *continues to obsess
Papa, would you mind mixing Akito another Draught of Reconfiguration so he can start over?

Now that Akito's points have been reset, you can see how off they are.
He should have 46 power points and 5 weaknesses.
Our watches uses cheats to require one less weakness and add 10 points more worth of vampire powers.
(If this happens to you and you want to know how to do that, contact our watcher for details.)

In other news, Akito discovers that our butler leads the Guild of Gamers club.
He takes over our butler Tetsu's club, with plans to turn it over to our sons when they start school.
I'm so glad Papa persuaded us to ask Akito to join our legacy.

While Liv and Takuya are at work, Papa, Akito, and I quickly reach gold for the New Year's Eve holiday.
For my New Year's Resolution, I could have challenged myself and chose "Complete an aspiration milestone."
Instead, I choose the easiest option (Raise a skill) then proceed to reach Cooking 10.

Speaking of my Master Vampire aspiration, I'm still only a Prime Vampire.
I'm on the Strength and Wisdom milestone, which requires me to defeat 3 vampires in combat.
That's why I've started working out.
I hope to compensate for my lower vampire rank with my Vampire Strength powers and high fitness.
Wish me luck!

Remember how I've been concerned that I never emulate Akito's actions whenever he trains me?
What a relief to know that I'm not to blame.
Apparently, the advent of Seasons has switched the animations for Vampire Training and Show Off Powers.
And now that Akito knows, he doesn't lose his temper with me during training anymore, either.

Jaga: Hey, Liv! Congrats on your promotion and on branching to the Botanist career.
Liv: Thanks! This work uniform is perfect for me, don't you think?
Jaga: I agree. And how have you been doing? Everything's going well with Fiorella?
Liv: Why so chatty, Papa? Oh, I get it. You need to socialize with your kids for Big Happy Family.

Jaga: Yeah, I'm pushing myself to finish it by making that my New Year's Resolution.
And I'm counting on you and Fiorella for my last two grandchildren!

Kirsten: Hey, Akito! Would you mind sparring with me for my aspiration?
Akito: Sure, kiddo. I'm always happy to teach my first and only offspring a thing or two.
Kirsten: *bares claws and gets serious
Akito: How did I just lose three times in a row?

Kirsten: I sincerely appreciate your waiting to start leveling your fitness, Akito!
Yay, I've reached my final milestone!

Mathias: Uncle Akito tells me that he's completed two New Year's Resolutions today.
One to raise a skill (Writing) then, when he finished that, another to write a book.
So I've added a second resolution, too, but I won't be able to finish it until after school on Monday.
Since I can't move ahead with Whiz Kid, though, I've been collecting scout badges instead.

Takuya: Papa Jaga, can you stop mentoring me in painting for a sec? We need to talk.
Jaga: Of course, Takuya. What's on your mind?
Takuya: I was checking my relationship with my newborn sons and...
I have no idea when it happened, but I see that you and I are lovebirds.
Have you been flirting with me while the watcher wasn't paying attention? *asks to be just friends

Jaga (to Maja's photo): Don't side-eye me like that, Maja! I swear I don't know how it happened! Honest!

Week 16/Sunday (Spring 1)

Kirsten: At 6 a.m, we get a popup about a surprise holiday, Prank Day. Great, another holiday.
Here's a look at our calendar for this year.
As you can see, our week-long seasons means that we have too many winter holidays close together.

This year, we skipped HarvestFest because we're not descended from the Mayflower Pilgrims, last I checked.
And I also cancelled Winterfest because we lost a day last week but still hosted the double wedding.
The watcher wants to replace Winterfest or New Year's Eve with a summer holiday that she actually celebrates.

I immediately invite over Mama, Auntie Yesenia, and my sister-in-law Fiorella.
They could provide me with plasma and…I mean, we could enjoy their company on New Year's Day.
Auntie Yesenia is Very Uncomfortable and I fear she'll go into labor soon, so I send her home right away.
I imagine Fiorella (right) isn't due until late tonight or early tomorrow, but she chats a little with Liv then leaves.

When we get our boys' birthday notices, Takuya and I rush to their bassinets to age them up.
Our watcher, however, makes us pause for a public service announcement.

See that blank menu option in the lower right of the bassinet's shift-click menu?
Grandma Edamame once clicked it out of curiosity and social services immediately whisked away her just-adopted nooboo.
Too ashamed to admit her mistake, Grandma adopted another nooboo right away.
But she didn't count the nooboo who was taken away for her 10 kids that generation. Sheesh!

So, if you happen to shift-click your nooboo's bassinet, never click the blank option.
I checked the official forums recently and that blank option is a Maxis thing, not from MCCC.

Here are our little darlings, right after being aged up but before their makeovers.
I wish toddlers and children had access to all the hair colors of teens and adults.
Eh, since Omurice has my grey eyes, I'm giving him Takuya's white hair!

This is our firstborn son, Negi, who is an independent toddler.
He has my black hair and Takuya's brown eyes.
His color is green like spring onions, which are his namesake.

We have the On Ley Line trait, but not the Dark Ley Line trait.
Moreover, Takuya wasn't a vampire yet when the twins were conceived.
But look at what appears above Omu's Silly trait! He's a future vampire!!!

Because he's named after omu-raisu, his color should be yellow with red (ketchup) accents.
That would look horrid, though, so his color will be grey.

It's been wonderful having Akito living with us.
Thanks to his constant training, I've reached the Master Vampire rank already.
Also, reconfiguring my power points enables me to become a Daywalker like Akito.
Besides earning one more vampire rank, I just need to "survive" for 20 more days. *sighs

Akito and his Good Vampire aspiration are also treading water.
After not drinking deeply for 3 more days, he'll complete his third milestone very quickly.
Then he'll need to go two weeks while never drinking without permission.

It's such a tedious aspiration. It's a good thing he'll never age!
Do you think he might actually finish his aspiration before I do?

Takuya left for work in the morning, not long after the boys aged up.
It's late afternoon now and I'm also leaving for work in a few.
The boys will be fine with Papa and my family-oriented sister, Liv.

Liv: Hey, thanks for cropping me out of the screenshot…

Legacy Score: unchanged (84 points)

Chapter Notes
*I haven't decided yet how to handle ageing and vampirism for the entire household.
  Takuya has the Vampire Family aspiration but can't leave the home lot much.
  Maybe he'll turn various members of Kirsten's family for his aspiration, then cure them later.
*Sorry for the blurry screenshots. It's a graphic glitch that came with the Seasons update.
*Not much new happening in this update, except for the twins' birthdays.
  It's almost impossible for the household to leave the home lot now, due to all the different schedules.
  I think my legacy's agonizingly slow progress lately may be caused by a combination of unfamiliarity with Seasons and clumsy micromanaging.
*Career Status:
  Liv: Gardener/Botanist 5
  Takuya: Painter 5
  Kirsten: Culinary 5
  Akito: Social Media 3 (he's the only one who hasn't been to work yet)
  Mathias: Scouting 4

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
Re: Sharebears 5.47: Tripping the Light Fangtastic (3 August)
« Reply #331 on: August 03, 2018, 04:24:25 AM »
The house is beautifull with the snow.
And the boys are so cute.

Did Akito's side plan worked already?

On a side note, I really like your disgressions and the japanese cultural informations you give.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #332 on: August 03, 2018, 07:15:52 AM »
Ah cute update, I love both boys named but for now I think I'm on team Negi he's adorable

Lol your butler was living a secret double life, butler by day gamer by night

Jaga and Akito be coming accidental lovebirds is random Akitos face looks so guilty in that screenshot haha
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #333 on: August 03, 2018, 07:57:31 AM »
Omu is so cute and unique looking, I think I'm gonna back him for now. Lol, Father Christmas, am I the only one who wants to see what his kids look like? Wow do vamp mommas get hungry quickly now. Congrats on moving so quickly and leaving us all in the dust.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #334 on: August 03, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »
Omu has the early lead for my vote.  And Kirsten was rocking that workout wear, by the way.
The part with the relationship panel and the painting of Maja giving the stank eye was wonderfully done!!
Takuya's new side project is going to be to set up a maid café.  I can see it now   ;=)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #335 on: August 03, 2018, 02:48:57 PM »
The house is beautifull with the snow.
And the boys are so cute.

Did Akito's side plan worked already?

On a side note, I really like your disgressions and the japanese cultural informations you give.
@Tynynounours
Thank you so much for reading! The first image in the latest update isn't the Sharebear house, so I've added a winter shot of their house below (from 3 update ago).

Yes! The boys are so cute as toddlers. They just aged up in game but I'm already impatient for their next birthday.
As for Akito's side project, nothing in his relationship panel so far and I've been checking it repeatedly. Hahaha.
I'm glad you are enjoying the many digressions. Honestly, I've been trying to avoid moving my Sharebears forward too quickly by inserting side-plots.
No Japanese parent would ever name their child Omurice, lol. But "o" is very often used as an honorific prefix to nouns, and I didn't want to use a name like that.
That left me only two choices: Okura (the vegetable okura) or Omurice.

Ah cute update, I love both boys named but for now I think I'm on team Negi he's adorable

Lol your butler was living a secret double life, butler by day gamer by night

Jaga and Akito be coming accidental lovebirds is random Akitos face looks so guilty in that screenshot haha
The boys are both so cute that I'm rather wanting Kirsten and Takuya to have one more kid...
But I've enjoyed moving in and playing both a primary spouse and cadet spouse this generation.
Do you get the unexpected lovebirds in your games, too?
It was a thing several years ago (a dev prank?), but I hadn't seen it since then unless I use the Romantic lot trait.
In my immortal dynasty, I separately caught the Gen1, Gen2, and Gen3 males doing sauna woohoo with the Gen4 heir's husband. It was a nightmare, hahaha.
I really, really, really don't want that happening with my beloved Takuya (who I've already saved as a separate household in MyLibrary, lol).

Omu is so cute and unique looking, I think I'm gonna back him for now. Lol, Father Christmas, am I the only one who wants to see what his kids look like? Wow do vamp mommas get hungry quickly now. Congrats on moving so quickly and leaving us all in the dust.
@dontmindme
Thanks so much for your comments!
I'd originally decided he would have the white hair because of his grey eyes, then discovered during his makeover that he got the vampire gene.
Whether he's chosen as heir or not, I might have him stick around a little longer than usual.
As for Father Winter, I have no idea whether making him carry the baby will result in a kid with the "Father Winter's Child" trait.
I just thought it would be a funny, weird experiment. Did it make you laugh?
But my butler and nannies moved into houses and still function fine in their jobs, so maybe...
Anyway, I'm not done with Father Winter yet, or the Spring Bunny for that matter!

Sorry about getting so far ahead with my Sharebears! I've been playing this legacy for about 4 months now.
Now that my Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty's done, I tend to update 2-3 times a week.
I've really tried hard to slow down their progress. Have you noticed that Kirsten's update only covers one sim-day each?
Do you think I should start a second long challenge, giving you more time to catch up once you're done moving? I have a fun idea for a new challenge...

Tbh, I can't wait for you to finish moving so I can read the continuation of your Gen2 Sharebears! *sends positive moving vibes

Omu has the early lead for my vote.  And Kirsten was rocking that workout wear, by the way.
The part with the relationship panel and the painting of Maja giving the stank eye was wonderfully done!!
Takuya's new side project is going to be to set up a maid café.  I can see it now   ;=)
@PeregrineTook
I love that you have an early favorite for heir during the toddler stage.
As for Kirsten, she has the perfect body at this moment in time, nicely toned but not muscular.
Lol, I wonder how long Jaga and his son-in-law had those pink bars.
Takuya with his geek trait and a maid cafe? Have you been reading my mind again? *raises an anti-telepathy shield

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2018, 07:42:38 PM »
I loved the double wedding and the venue, and Akito's "side project" was quite unexpected.  (I know that's the previous update, but I'm just now catching up.)
Takuya and Kirsten are such a beautiful couple.  Their boys are gorgeous as well.  I am so looking forward to the raising of this part of the family - Independent, dark-haired human and Silly, white-haired vampire. 
Wow, fifth generation already!  You are doing such a fabulous job telling this story! 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2018, 05:12:55 AM »
I loved the double wedding and the venue, and Akito's "side project" was quite unexpected.  (I know that's the previous update, but I'm just now catching up.)
Takuya and Kirsten are such a beautiful couple.  Their boys are gorgeous as well.  I am so looking forward to the raising of this part of the family - Independent, dark-haired human and Silly, white-haired vampire. 
Wow, fifth generation already!  You are doing such a fabulous job telling this story! 
@GlazeyLady
Thank you for reading and for your kind words!
We will definitely be visiting that lounge venue again--it is a really amazing build. The Gallery is such a blessing!
I'm glad Akito's side project surprised you. Our legacies will all share certain points in common, so I rather enjoy thinking up silly digressions.
In my mind, all the Sharebear legacy stories are part of a single story.
And, yes, I'm very excited about Kirsten and Takuya's generation and am also thinking ahead to the twins' generation.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.48: I Will Survive
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2018, 05:46:41 AM »

First I was afraid, I was petrified.
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side…

5.48: I Will Survive

Week 16/Sunday

Mathias: I'm still upset about that holiday keeping me from school last Friday.
I'll be a teen in four days, yet I haven't been to school even once yet.
At this rate, I could max out scouting before Whiz Kid. *sighs

Oh and, in case you've forgotten, I'm the younger brother of Kirsten and Liv!

I'm having trouble earning Good Manners, thanks to our butler and Patchy.
Mama asked the butler to stop cleaning, so that helps.
Today, we also send Patchy packing.
Earlier, I even caught Uncle Hakuto setting the dining room table! Sheesh!

Kirsten: I have the twins sit outside so I can take their photo.
They're so adorable!
Would you mind a bit of toddler spam? Just a little?

Independent Negi is learning to walk.
He often looks quite serious.

Silly Omu, close to tripping, look as if he's about to break out in song and dance.

Takuya: The twins aged up right before I left for work this morning.
The instant I get home, I pop a whim to hug Omu.

Then I strive to raise my vampire rank so I can buy the Vampire Creation power.

Kirsten: To my surprise, I earn a promotion tonight so I branch to the Chef career.
Arriving in the house in a whirl of bat mist, I see Takuya's hideous dark form for the first time.
Ugh.

He chooses my parents as his first two offspring.
That makes perfect sense, but still…
And how have I never noticed how creepy the back of that jacket is?

Monday

After Takuya's makeover, we all head out to The Narwhal Arms.
It used to be such a dingy, dreary club, but it's since got a bit of a facelift.
It's got a thermostat now, too.

It's still not as nice as Pan Europa, but it does have a cozy feel now.

Papa's talk of other Sharebear simverses raises so many questions!
In our simverse, I've noticed a lot of random townies with similar facial features.
I mean townies who moved here, not those born and raised in our simverse.
They all have big, round eyes and many have rosebud lips.

And these are just the ones who happen to show up at The Narwhal Arms tonight!
Do you think we're witnessing a secret invasion of clones or something?
Is this only happening in our simverse?

We hadn't expected to stay at this club for so many hours.
Since it's impossible to send the twins home, I just have them nap upstairs.
Yep, you're looking at the top nominee for 2018 Mother of the Year, right here!

Takuya's able to turn Hakuto right away, but Yesenia keeps leaving the club.
That's why Takuya decides to visit her at Chateau Frise.
He and Yesenia are both music lovers, so he easily befriends her.
And, after hearing that Takuya turned her husband Hakuto, she agrees to be turned as well.

Takuya turned my parents, Uncle Hakuto, and Auntie Yesenia since they're all adults already.
To keep Uncle Ikura as a mentor, though, he turns a townie named Paulina Scherer instead.
He claims to have met her before he met me.
(I hire a P.I. to run a background check on her and the P.I. confirms they have no "history.")

But poor Takuya has ruined a few friendships on his way to forming his vampire family!
He's tried to turn each one discreetly, they've all walked back…smack dab into the gaze of onlookers.
Here, you can see our butler Tetsuya looking aghast.

The day after Prank Day, we start a new holiday which I name "Just Checking."
It only has two holiday traditions: Father Winter and Video Gaming.
We hope it will answer our question: Who is the current Father Winter?

Liz and Takuya both complete the Video Gaming holiday tradition, but not me.
I become hysterical, so I stop playing pronto and go calm myself in a mirror.
Grandma Edamame once got hysterical just from watching the Kids Network.
Isn't it too easy to become hysterical these days?
Or, are this legacy's female heirs more susceptible?

Akito: Congrats on earning a B grade today, Mathias.
You're that much closer to finishing Whiz Kid now!
Mathias: Congrats to you, too, for joining the Public Relations career today.

Akito: Hey, does it bother you being so much younger than your sisters Kirsten and Liv?
Mathias: Nope, not at all. Hey, does it bother you being the cadet spouse while Liv's married someone else?
Akito: Nope, not at all.

Kirsten glitches out and won't leave for work.
She keeps returning to the house and sitting down.
After repeatedly sending her back 5-6 times, I finally do "Reset Object (Debug) on her.
That works, thankfully, and she goes to work and stays there, albeit 75 minutes late.

Akito: Soon after 8 pm, Father Winter appears near our smaller fireplace.
I rush over to see who he is and, of course, to ask for a present.
The much slimmer elder is obviously not Clement Frost.
His name's Lee Mosely and he's usurped Clement's position to become the new Father Winter.

Liv: Fiorella phones to tell me that she's given birth to twin girls.
Their names are Corinne and Vivian. I can't wait to meet them!
Do you think I could move out after I finish my Botanist career and Outdoor Enthusiast?
My sister Kirsten has lots of help, but Fiorella has nobody except me…

Jaga: The twins get excited to discover they're able to ask Father Winter for a present.
Omu (left) and Negi (right) take turns, asking Father Winter for a gift.
But all Father Winter does is hold his belly and laugh, "Ho ho ho!"
That's just mean!

After beseeching Father Winter in vain several times each, the twins give up.
They try to complete a second tradition by playing with a toy instead.
Poor little guys!

Mathias: Papa, somebody cast a hallucination on Father Winter. Who would do that?
Jaga: I'm pretty sure it was my son-in-law and your brother-in-law.
Mathias: You mean Takuya?
Jaga: He got pretty upset watching the twins asking Father Winter over and over for presents.
And all Father Winter did was laugh at the twins!

Mathias: Is that why Father Winter left in such a hurry?
I didn't even get a chance to ask him for a present!
Jaga: I'm not sure, son. Maybe Father Winter has somewhere else to go…
Mathias: Oh puhleeze, it's spring. Everyone knows this is one of his slow seasons.

Mathias: Papa, do you think the new Father Winter is punishing us for what Akito did?
Jaga: How do you know what Akito did? Where did you hear that?
Mathias: Um, where did I hear what?

Jaga: Whatever, so you know. Well, I've read that one sim moved Father Winter in, married him, and had twins.
And both twins got the "Father Winter's Child" trait. So maybe there's still hope.
Mathias: Why does our legacy even bother to get involved in such shady business?
Jaga: Why? It's for the advancement of sim science, of course!

As of Tuesday morning, Kirsten must survive 17 additional days as a vampire.

Coming next: On Thursday, toddlers Negi and Omu become children and their uncle Mathias becomes a teen.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
Re: Sharebears 5.48: I Will Survive (6 August)
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2018, 02:13:33 PM »
I can't wait to see the twins as Children! They're both so cute! What isn't cute is Takuyas dark form did he just like come with that?? I was expecting him to wear like a fancy vampire outfit lol

The clone townies are all really creepy looking, are they related?? Or maybe Aliens?

It sucks santa got replaced, especially by a mean santa but hopefully you should still be able to get the father winter babies and if not you can always "dispose" of the current father winter for a new one haha

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #340 on: August 06, 2018, 10:01:17 PM »
I've been catching up with all the Sharebears since being away for a couple weeks and had several lovely updates to read.

You mentioned a few updates back that Maja's portrait was stolen.  It's fortunate that you were able to redo it so easily!  I had a portrait stolen from one of my families once and it eventually showed up in the household inventory in build mode.  It was labelled "stolen from the _____ household" or something like that.  Maybe it was returned when the swiper died?  I don't know.  I wish I had a screenshot of it.  I was glad it came back, but ever since then I keep all the important portraits in basement rooms without doors.  If I want to display them upstairs, I make copies. 

Anyway, hooray for all the engagements and weddings and babies!  I must say, you have a particularly good-looking set of sims right now.  I had a bunch of other things to say, but I've forgotten them already so I'll just end with that.   :)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #341 on: August 07, 2018, 02:28:40 AM »
Negi and Omu are really cute in each their way.
Glad to see they are so easy to look apart :P with all the twin and triplets going in these sharebear lines it can be a bit hard sometimes.

Your father frost was a mean one,  will the vampires do something to him?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2018, 04:33:38 AM »
I can't wait to see the twins as Children! They're both so cute! What isn't cute is Takuyas dark form did he just like come with that?? I was expecting him to wear like a fancy vampire outfit lol
The clone townies are all really creepy looking, are they related?? Or maybe Aliens?
It sucks santa got replaced, especially by a mean santa but hopefully you should still be able to get the father winter babies and if not you can always "dispose" of the current father winter for a new one haha
@wa-wa-world
I might be biased but I think the twins as children are just as cute as when they were toddlers.
    Haha, the game gave Takuya that weird rocker dark form but I left him in it for a while because it was so absurdly ugly. I changed his dark form later.
Those lookalike townies are creepy, right? No, they're all unrelated, brand-new townies the game spawned.
Oh, that's a good idea about checking whether they're aliens or not. We'll need to go back to The Narwhal...
    I'd expected Clement Frost to stop being Father Winter if he moved into a lot. I've read that he still fathered kids with the special trait after moving in and getting married.
I'm just being silly--I've never read of a Father Winter sim getting pregnant and giving birth to kids with the special trait. I'll try it the conventional way later. Just couldn't wait, lol.
Rofl, "dispose" of the current Father Winter, you say?

I've been catching up with all the Sharebears since being away for a couple weeks and had several lovely updates to read.

You mentioned a few updates back that Maja's portrait was stolen.  It's fortunate that you were able to redo it so easily!  I had a portrait stolen from one of my families once and it eventually showed up in the household inventory in build mode.  It was labelled "stolen from the _____ household" or something like that.  Maybe it was returned when the swiper died?  I don't know.  I wish I had a screenshot of it.  I was glad it came back, but ever since then I keep all the important portraits in basement rooms without doors.  If I want to display them upstairs, I make copies. 
Anyway, hooray for all the engagements and weddings and babies!  I must say, you have a particularly good-looking set of sims right now.  I had a bunch of other things to say, but I've forgotten them already so I'll just end with that.   :)
@BallerinaHippo
Thanks for the comment about portrait theft. I've also had a stereo go missing from a no-access room where I once found the ghostly Edamame.
She's a klepto and I've wondering now if she stole Maja's portrait. Do klepto ghosts swipe stuff? (I almost never play ghosts....)
I like having the portraits on display, so I'll probably make copies  and store the originals in a no-access basement room.

I got really lucky with Takuya and Akito, who are both random townies. I've waited since Gen1 to add Akito the vampire to the legacy household, so I'm glad he managed to stay alive.

Negi and Omu are really cute in each their way.
Glad to see they are so easy to look apart :P with all the twin and triplets going in these sharebear lines it can be a bit hard sometimes.

Your father frost was a mean one,  will the vampires do something to him?
@LenaLJ
Negi and Omu are probably identical twins with different eye colors.
Since one's human and the other's a vampire, though, I tried to give them distinct looks.
   That was my first time to experience the Father Winter holiday tradition. Does he usually give gifts to toddlers if they ask for one?
All he did for my toddlers was laugh, "Ho ho ho."

So, to be honest, I'm not sure if he was being mean or if the game is bugged (that is, toddlers can ask for gifts but Father Winter will never give them presents).
Haha, the vampires don't care about Father Winter. They just want to raise a child with the Father Winter's Child trait. *winks

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Sharebears 5.49: If There's a Cure for This
« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2018, 05:08:18 AM »

5.49: If There's a Cure for This

Week 16/Tuesday

Kirsten: Grandma Edamame shows up this morning, so the twins ask her to play with them.
During her last visit, one of our stereos disappeared.
She's a kleptomaniac. Do you think she would swipe things from her own legacy home?
Could she be the one who stole Mama's portrait?

Akito (our resident Grand Master) has been worried about his lack of followers.
Level 9 of his Public Relations career requires 10,000 followers.
But he keeps forgetting to do shout-outs on the few occasions we go out.

After maxing Charisma, though, he gains a new Upload Viral Video option.
And his first viral video earns him 800k new followers.

Akito: I believe my clickbait days are officially over!

Takuya: Why did you lure me down to our boudoir, my dear?
Kirsten: First, I want to show off your new dark form.
Takuya: And…?
Kirsten: My fun completely tanked while Uncle Ikura was mentoring me in painting, so…

Takuya: Ahhhh, now that I can help you with.
Kirsten: I was counting on you to feel that way!

Nanny: Didn't you finish yesterday's school project last night?
Mathias: Are you even paying attention, lady? My first aspiration is Whiz Kid, remember?
I earned a B yesterday but my teen birthday is Thursday.
Completing this second project might help me earn an A at school today.
So, less asking and more assisting, okay?

Kirsten: I have three days off in a row which is nice, since I can spend time with the toddlers.
That also means that I'm home to witness my parents' transformation.

Mama's dark form is truly cringe-worthy, but I won't bother to give her a makeover.
Takuya plans to complete his "Be good friends with 5 offspring" quickly, so she won't be a vampire for long.

While I'm off taking advantage of Papa's Patriarch trait, the twins reach Movement 3.
Yes, I bought a Ball Pit and placed it in the foyer because…rain.
The good news is that the twins have both secured the Happy Toddler trait.

In fact, it's a banner day for our household.
Mathias brings home an A and finishes Whiz Kid.
Later, Akito, Liz, and Takuya all come home with promotions.

Takuya: All five of my offspring have transformed now.
Hakuto transformed at our front door and Papa Jaga quickly ushers him indoors.
Yesenia is already here when she transforms a couple of hours later.
Paulina poses a problem. She transforms while out for a walk with her dog in Cavalier Cove.
At least she's sheltered beneath the bridge leading to Dachshund Creek, but what do I do now?

Kirsten: Since I'm a Daywalker but you're not, I'd be happy to escort the three of them home.

Wednesday

Takuya: In the middle of the night, I summon Paulina by adding her to our club.
And now I'm good friends with all five of my offspring.

Once I train Papa Jaga, all I need for Vampire Family is to become a Master Vampire.
That's only one more rank, since I'm currently a Prime Vampire.
And what about my offspring? Shall I invite them over at night to cure them all at once?

Kirsten: Why are Akito and the nanny heading outside in the rain?
Takuya: Not sure. He mentioned earlier that his fun was low.
Liv: Shall I go invite him to watch TV with me? That's what I do when my fun is low.
Kirsten and Takuya: …

Kirsten: The twins are as lovely as always.
Part of me wishes I could help them become Top-Notch Toddlers.
Unfortunately, I lack both the time and the dedication.

My younger brother Mathias doesn't get as much attention since the twins were born.
After completing Whiz Kid yesterday, he's gone on to other combinations.
His Top-Notch Toddler and Scouting Aptitude traits combine powerfully with Papa's Patriarch trait.
Mathias maxed Violin before he'd even finished Artistic Prodigy. He's a powerhouse, that one!

This morning, Takuya realized that he hadn't maxed Vampire Lore yet.
So, after he's back from work, Papa and I help out by sharing our vampire knowledge with him.
Then, Takuya reads the last vampire tome and he's ready for his next step.

Takuya: And here we are, back at the Night Walker Crypt!

Takuya: Asking the bartender to step aside, I begin mixing vampire cures right away.
The first of my five offspring to be cured is Papa Jaga's brother, Hakuto.

I'd briefly considered have them change to their dark form before curing them.
It would make for a more aesthetically pleasing sight.
But since Paulina is ruining the ambiance with her umbrella, why bother?

Mama Maja is the last of the five to be cured, while the rest of us gaze in wonder.
Though they are no longer vampires, they remain my offspring.
The four who are Sharebears are now Day 1 adults, which they seem to appreciate.

An elder when I turned her, Paulina is now a Day 1 elder.
Honestly, doesn't that Paulina know that it's bad luck to open an umbrella indoors!?

I was a bit worried about curing my offspring before completing my Vampire Family aspiration.
Looks like I'm fine!

Thursday

It's past midnight when I attain the Grand Master rank.
All that's left for me is the "survival" part.
Akito has also reached Milestone IV of his Good Vampire aspiration.
He needs 14 more days to complete his aspiration, while I need 16 more days for mine.
We've got this in the bag!

Kirsten (brightens): Hey, do you see what I see while we're on our way home?
Takuya (excited): Yeah, that Clement Frost has given birth to two nooboos!
Akito: *blushes

Jaga: Wait, why do I see both the On Ley Line and On the Dark Ley Line lot traits?
Why would anyone do something like that?
Your watcher would never, ever do anything like that!

Akito: Let's wait until they're toddlers, shall we? That's when the special trait would appear.
But we should all be prepared for disappointment. Kirsten's plan was highly unconventional, after all...

Kirsten: Liz and I are ready and waiting when the twins get their birthday notices.
It's 7 a.m. and so we need to work fast!
The boys need to age up then have their makeovers before anyone leaves for work this morning.

Brown-eyed Negi (human) earns the Happy Toddler trait and becomes a music lover like his father Takuya.
He aspires to become a Whiz Kid.

Grey-eyed Omu (vampire) also earns the Happy Toddler trait and becomes a perfectionist.
He, too, aspires to become a Whiz Kid, which makes life somewhat easier for the household.
The first thing they do is join scouting together.

As for my younger brother Mathias, we still haven't received his birthday notice.
And that's fine, because he still needs two friends his age for Social Butterfly.
He's taking another vacation day from school to try completing that aspiration.
But I'm closing this update right this moment, before Akito leaves for work.

Watcher's note: So sorry for the blurry screenshots. It's a recent bug which is driving me insane.

Household Stats

Humans
*Jaga (Adult G4 heir): unemployed, Takuya's offspring (cured vampire)
*Liv (YA cadet): Gardener/Botanist 7, Outdoor Enthusiast III
*Mathias (0 day to teen): Top-Notch Toddler; Scouting 5, Social Butterfly III
*Negi (child, potential heir): Happy Toddler; Scouting 1, Whiz Kid I

Born Vampires
*Akito (YA cadet spouse): Social Media/Public Relations 5, Good Vampire IV
*Omu (child, potential heir): Happy Toddler; Scouting 1, Whiz Kid I

Turned Vampires
*Takuya (YA primary spouse):: Painter 6, Kirsten's offspring, Vampire Family IV
*Kirsten (YA Gen5 heir): Chef 6, Akito's offspring, Master Vampire IV

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
Re: Sharebears 5.49: If There's a Cure for This (8 August)
« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2018, 04:56:03 PM »
@oshizu I might have suggested they "remove" the current farther winter from his position yeah haha

Maja's dark form looked vaguely like an early 200s teen movie villian, either Sharpay from Hsm or that girl from meangirls lmao

The boys are both adorable and they rolled such good traits but I think I'm still on team Negi

Also wow the real thief was Edameme all along at least now you can keep an eye on her